Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? (33331 Views)

10 Important Things You Should Know About A Platonic Relationship / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You smashed her because she wanted to smash you too.
Not because you are her male bestie. If she didn't wanna smash you, na better slap you fit collect for touching her.

A woman knows the man that's smashable to her, if you don't fit in...you will hear ["he is a nice guy, BUT..."]. She'll keep you as friend, you go dey help her put on generator and jack 25l water containers, up the stairs. Nothing more!

Wicked woman.na so u dey lock guys for friendzone.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by xtervaganza(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

Not because you are her male bestie. If she didn't wanna smash you, na better slap you fit collect for touching her.

A woman knows the man that's smashable to her, if you don't fit in...you will hear ["he is a nice guy, BUT..."]. She'll keep you as friend, you go dey help her put on generator and jack 25l water containers, up the stairs. Nothing more!
you're right. But I personally can't allow it.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin
I don't even need to read this through.
But She can even go ahead and Electronic Male Friend Platonic is too small. or Essentric Male Friend.
You called her a married woman and asked this kind question?
Smh.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by geronimoedeh1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

I am married and i have male friends undecided tongue

Nobody said all our friends have to be same sex.

Hope it's alright if your husband maintains his female friends too?
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Moukandjo: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
kinibigdil:
What is even proper in relationship this days anymore, a lady said if she's dating or single depends on how her partner is behaving at the moment, No 3 is the problem of most relationships this days, wo Na olosho all of us go marry last last lol, Na who them catch be thief!
I no go follow una marry olosho o! grin
She MUST be a virgin before we even begin discuss! I cannot come & go & marry one girl wey I no know the kin thing wey don enter there!
Crazy mindset some might say, but I don't care!
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by idonbilivit(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by otswag(m): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
safarigirl:
honestly.....see the foolish question.

So, married women should become loners because of a husband? Just because OP and his 'friend' who he had 'emotional sex' with have no discipline, he assumes everybody is a free giver.

Even female friends can mislead a married woman to commit adultery, the key is to marry someone with discipline and self control so you never have to worry about what they are doing with anyone of the opposite sex.

There is nothing like "mistake sex" anybody that is having sex is doing so because they want to. This use more to do with personal upbringing than general human behaviour.
erm! actually, a dude with a very good aim can mistakingly pull his pants while slipping and falling on a woman that mistakingly removed her dress and happens to be mistakingly lying na.ked beside him.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
lefulefu:
This is more like putting a goat in the same room with a fat juicy tuber of yam. Temptation is bound to happen. Now imagine a scenario wey d wife and husband get a little misunderstanding. The wife cry go the house of her close male friend. The male friend go hug her close dey pet her.small current come spark dem im com peck her of wich im come lead to deep kissing then serious nackingcheesy. Hope u can now see d scenario. Nobody is sayin u cant have a male but make him more of an arquitance than a close friend. Its better to avoid temptation.make ur husband ur close and best friend.
I used to have a very close friend I run to whenever I was feeling depressed anytime my then boyfriend hurt me. I would stay in his house and he would console me. Once I even spent the night in his house( a risky journey I took around 9pm. And it was just I & the driver. Got to his house by 11pm)There was no form of physical contact between us. Not even a light kiss. I took my bath, ate & we slept. And in the middle of the night, my boyfriend and I made up & very early in the morning, I left my friend's house to go meet my man.

Get this, the kind of person I am eh, I don't sleep with just anybody even when I'm vulnerable. I have been in vulnerable situations and still lie on the same bed with a guy & nothing will happen. I need emotional connection to go down with a guy and I didn't have that with him.

Again, not every friend should be banged. Sex gets in the way of a lot of things. Some friends are so valuable to me that I would never jeopardise what we have cos of sex. That being said, I can have friends of the opposite sex who are close & dear to my heart that I wouldn't wanna lose. Cos that will likely happen when we have sex.

Finally, I have never had a best friend or kept constant communication with a really close friend when in a relationship(except if the guy is not straightforward with me). I don't like it cos I feel it's a distraction. And also, I wouldn't like my significant other or hubby to have one too so I give out what I expect. So I can't do same when married too.

But everyone doesn't have same opinion with me so whatever works for us all...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by NairaMaster1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:
So what happens to her male friends she had when she was single?

Not everyone can handle it but i see nothing wrong with it as long as she knows how to manage it.

My sister, that's how I ended up fucking two of my female friends when they were about getting married ooo.

It started with hugging, kissing, smooching then mistaken penetration. We both felt bad but we did it again and again.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Trajan(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
I don't think it's that easy for a married woman to cheat on her husband with a male friend if she only sees him only as such. However, the chances of an affair increases in direct proportion to their closeness.

My experience

I met a cute lady I was really attracted to at an office I went to for enquiries. I didn't waste time making my intentions known (I'm not friendzone material). She told me she's married but gave me her number anyways, after making clear we're just friends. We became very close. I wasn't too comfortable because she set boundaries and besides, I didn't really want to bleep a married woman.

Fast forward few months' time, she started sending me her nudes and we later progressed to doing erotic video calls. Soon, she travelled to another state for a wedding and invited me to join her at her hotel for two days.

This is just one example out of several. But it's rare for such to happen if both parties aren't close.

My advice to married men: satisfy your wifes (especially sexually) and protect them from mischevious male friends. You can do this by actively monitoring the males she communicates with and if you smell a predator; insist she cut off from that friendship: It's part of your duty as her hubby but don't stop her from having male friends. However, a male bestie is a no-no!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by natureem: 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lemme share mine
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by natureem: 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
Most people's mind is so dirty and they tend to judge everyone else with it.
I met my best friend when I was 5, back in the early'90s and we're still friends. She's married now, I am too.
Her husband met her a complete woman, funny enough, her parents came to thank me for that cos they felt surprised based on how close we are.
Because you can't be platonic with the opposite sex doesn't mean someone else can't.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Rebuke: 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Not everyone can handle it but i see nothing wrong with it as long as she knows how to manage it.

Since yhu enjoy yhur fwds so much, why nt jxt remain single to keep enjoying them or maybe get married to dem all for maximum fwnship.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by DaddyNimo(m): 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
sure, every woman needs a maga...

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Rebuke: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
MissJoy29:

I used to have a very close friend I run to whenever I was feeling depressed anytime my then boyfriend hurt me. I would stay in his house and he would console me. Once I even spent the night in his house( a risky journey I took around 9pm. And it was just I & the driver. Got to his house by 11pm)There was no form of physical contact between us. Not even a light kiss. I took my bath, ate & we slept. And in the middle of the night, my boyfriend and I made up & very early in the morning, I left my friend's house to go meet my man.

Get this, the kind of person I am eh, I don't sleep with just anybody even when I'm vulnerable. I have been in vulnerable situations and still lie on the same bed with a guy & nothing will happen. I need emotional connection to go down with a guy and I didn't have that with him.

Again, not every friend should be banged. Sex gets in the way of a lot of things. Some friends are so valuable to me that I would never jeopardise what we have cos of sex. That being said, I can have friends of the opposite sex who are close & dear to my heart that I wouldn't wanna lose. Cos that will likely happen when we have sex.

Finally, I have never had a best friend or kept constant communication with a really close friend when in a relationship(except if the guy is not straightforward with me). I don't like it cos I feel it's a distraction. And also, I wouldn't like my significant other or hubby to have one too so I give out what I expect. So I can't do same when married too.

Story.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by goodnewscliff(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Maybe because people do not understand friendships. I have always had more male friends than females.

It is just like asking what my intentions are with my female friends. You expect me to avoid talking to or mixing up with my male colleagues but just the female ones.

Well, maybe some people only think about sex when it comes to the opposite sex. That is their mindset, not mine.

The married women that cheated with whoever did so because they decided to. They don't need to have male friends. They could have all female friends and still cheat with the only male they happen to meet.
if i were to b ur huzzy.... I would have female friends too..... Jst friends..... And hope issues dont proteude from diz cool
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by goodnewscliff(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
If i have gal that has this male friends mentality and doesnt put a limit to it..,, i would rather have female friends too grin grin....let her have a taste of her own medicine...... Who no like female friends either grin grin grin
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by jaxxy(m): 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

I have female friends who are married now and I don’t ring them everytime, don’t chat and don’t hangout unless it’s necessary(business or catchin up). It’s pointless to do otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by eodavids(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
mrbaba18:
I cal it chain luv cus all of us are in a chain cycle just check it u luv ur gal frnd bt ur gal frnd luv another guy nd dat guy luv another gal nd dat gal luv another guy so enjoy life dnt take it serious

Just like that?

The problem with that chain is that infections get circulated across the chain.
According to op: "nothing is free in Freeland".

So the price of belonging to the chain is high, because STDs are life threatening and deprives one of all joy.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by goodnewscliff(m): 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
MissJoy29:

do this everytime and he will have u dicckedd!!!!!!!! A woman is a woman... A smart dude knows when to ti take over..... Women re prey and are vulnerable some times..... I pity women sometimes but they re � evil
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
goodnewscliff:
do this everytime and he will have u dicckedd!!!!!!!! A woman is a woman... A smart dude knows when to ti take over..... Women re prey and are vulnerable some times..... I pity women sometimes but they re � evil
Dicckked? That's a new one? Is he gonna rape me or what? I don't keep crazy friends. A crazy sex starved guy can rape you forcefully or drug your drink. Thank God my friends aren't like that cos you attract who are somehow.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Rebuke:

Story.
Ok.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
goodnewscliff:
if i were to b ur huzzy.... I would have female friends too..... Jst friends..... And hope issues dont proteude from diz cool

cheesy

He has female friends. I don't have any problem with it. We have an understanding. Plus we have mutual friends.
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by bitingcool: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

You said what these guys don't know
A woman will only let you do her because she WANTS you to.
Not because the guy has money or sweet talks or anything
Keep a married woman among sexy men and nothing will happen if she has no interest
Keep her in the bottomless pit and she will be getting it steady under your nose..if she wants to
It's the mind you condition not the people around.
Those men thinking their wives are pure because they don't talk to anybody will die if they knew what she's capable of
If you're there and your smash game is poor, you don't make her come, you don't do f4oreplay, U don't give her peace of mind, u enter and exit like U came to buy fuel, U finish faster than indomie noodles cooks..U will never see her with a male best friend..cos he's your stunt double. The ones getting it don't need to show their 'friends' off
Heck, some even prefer women.
It's the mind guys....not the people....most of the time

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by bitingcool: 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
natureem:
I met my best friend when I was 5, back in the early'90s and we're still friends. She's married now, I am too.
Her husband met her a complete woman, funny enough, her parents came to thank me for that cos they felt surprised based on how close we are.
Because you can't be platonic with thve opposite sex doesn't mean someone else can't.

Which one be complete woman again. Another phrase for virginity. Issorait. tongue wink
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
NairaMaster1:

My sister, that's how I ended up fucking two of my female friends when they were about getting married ooo.

It started with hugging, kissing, smooching then mistaken penetration. We both felt bad but we did it again and again.

Well you obviously have no control or a conscience. I do. There os no comparison.

The person that should be worried is not. Stop swallowing panadol for another's headache. Ok

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
shut up cheater.
I pity your husband

Ignoramus. Get enlightened and leave your stone age mindset.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by MissJoy29(f): 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
natureem:
Because you can't be platonic with the opposite sex doesn't mean someone else can't.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by Iphran6: 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Which one is platonic male friend to a married woman again? Na so e dey take start,next thing is swinging legs in TH bedroom
Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by trapQ: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
People are not becoming more dishonest ,
you men are just afraid that women are now getting more liberated and matching or even surpassing you in the games you play.
hotwax:

We know life was saner in 1980. But in 2018, the rate at which people becoming dishonest ...even the devil is afraid

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? by trapQ: 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Don't mind foolish myopic people. People who have always been good to and kind to me for ages before I met my husband I should now cut them off because of marriage. Some people even do this to their own siblings and it's just plain stupid.

A married woman told me few months back that her female friend was asking her out right there in her own house when her husband walked in. Because it was a woman, her husband never suspected.
safarigirl:
honestly.....see the foolish question.

So, married women should become loners because of a husband? Just because OP and his 'friend' who he had 'emotional sex' with have no discipline, he assumes everybody is a free giver.

Even female friends can mislead a married woman to commit adultery, the key is to marry someone with discipline and self control so you never have to worry about what they are doing with anyone of the opposite sex.

There is nothing like "mistake sex" anybody that is having sex is doing so because they want to. This use more to do with personal upbringing than general human behaviour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Hints At Being In A New Relationship (Photos) / Pre Wedding Photos Of An Army Lieutenant / You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.