Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Spirit Meat Devotional - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Meat Devotional (51378 Views)

Spirit Meat Devotional January 13, : How To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotional For Jan. 10: Topic -how To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotion By Rev. Olusola Areogun- The Holy Spirit An The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:43am On Oct 01, 2019
*SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN*
Tuesday 1st October, 2019.

*TOPIC: FOUR KINDS OF CHURCHES (1)*
MATTHEW 16:18-19

*This month, we will focus on church, church membership and truths that will help you get the best that Christ died for to offer the Body of Christ* . _God told me that the fulfilment of a believer’s destiny starts only when he or she becomes a part of the Body of Christ through the local Church._ There are four ways through which a church can evolve; only one is right.

*1. AN EMPIRE:* This is the first kind of a wrong church which emerges from the decision of a man to start a church God hasn’t sent him to start. This could be as a result of personal ambition or identifying a need. Maturity may help identify a need, but it is God’s calling upon a man that equips him or her to meet that need. This may also manifest when someone with great natural abilities assumes he is better than the man called of God. When a man starts this kind of church, it is an empire and it will be a fraud that lacks the backing and authentic power of God.

*2. A CLUB:* This is a church founded by a group of people that decide to do something for God. This results in a tower of Babel. When people decide to have a church for God without the Lord’s authorization, what they would have is a club. It could have the semblance and appearance of church, it could have a collegiate spirit but will lack a father’s voice and it will not be a church supported by God.

*PRAYER:* Lord, I receive the truths You are showing me this month concerning my church membership in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Isaiah 62:6-65:25, Philippians 2:19-3:3, Psalm 73:1-28, Proverbs 24:13-14

www.spiritmeat.net
www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org
www.soundcloud.com/solaareogun
www.dciradio.org
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2019
SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN
Wednesday 2nd October, 2019.

TOPIC: FOUR KINDS OF CHURCHES (2)
ACTS 8:5-25, MATTHEW 16:18-19

Yesterday, we learnt about churches that are actually empires and clubs. Today, we will continue with the other two kinds of churches:

3. A Cult: This arises when the devil or his agents start a church to deceive people. These kinds of churches are becoming more sophisticated by the day, but strange things are placed in their foundation and these bring negative spiritual flows into the lives of people who worship there. Since the devil can counterfeit power, these cults always have a semblance of supernatural power. Unexplainable cycles of evil happen in these cults and it takes a discerning heart to be free from their lure. They often have unbiblical practices among them and some people notice a sharp downward trend after joining these churches.

4. A God-ordained Church: God starts a God-ordained church with three incontrovertible elements. The first element is God Himself-He has a purpose to achieve and that is the origin of a genuine church. Secondly, God calls a man to lead that church. Many times, God calls the man away from his agenda and gives him covenants that describe the commitment of God in his assembly. Thirdly, God calls people to become members of that church to team up with the pastor to achieve His original purpose. This is the kind of church Jesus referred to in Matthew 16:18-19.

While all the four may look alike, it is the church founded in the spirit of Christ and would lead the people of God into His purpose and plan for them that God approves of. Believers need to distinguish between churches to avoid being trapped in the wrong one.

PRAYER: Lord, build Your church through me; let my membership lead to increase of Your kingdom on earth in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Isaiah 66:1-24, Philippians 3:4-21, Psalm 74:1-23, Proverbs 24:15-16

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:57am On Oct 03, 2019
Thursday 3rd October, 2019.

TOPIC: SALVATION AS A PREREQUISITE TO BEING A MEMBER OF THE KINGDOM (1)
JOHN 3:1-3

Nicodemus is an example of a man that is already part of what God is doing, but who is not yet a part of the Kingdom. He was a Jewish religious leader in the temple. Jesus said to him, "…unless one is born again..." and Mark 16:16 says, “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

Thus, being saved must be preceded by you believing in Jesus and being born again to be a member of the Church. If a man or woman is not born again, no matter how religious he/she may be, he/she is not part of the Kingdom. If anyone has not believed in Jesus and accepted Him as his Saviour, he cannot be born again. A person who is not born again cannot be part of the Church/Kingdom. This is the basic thing that we need to understand.

Therefore, there is a difference between attending church and being a member of the Church. The goodies of the Kingdom are for members only. A person that is not born again but comes to church needs to make the decision to become saved in order to qualify for these blessings. The basic mark of a genuine church is the agreement that Jesus is our Saviour. If anyone agrees with, accepts and submits to that, such will be a part of the Kingdom. Any congregation or individual that believes against this is not functioning as part of the Kingdom, and such cannot fulfill God's purpose effectively.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for my salvation. Thank You for loving me so much that You gave Your life for me. I am most grateful!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 1:1-2:30, Philippians 4:1-23, Psalm 75:1-10, Proverbs 24:17-20

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:28am On Oct 04, 2019
Friday, 4th October, 2019

*TOPIC : SALVATION AS A PREREQUISITE TO BEING A MEMBER OF THE KINGDOM (2) - EPHESIANS 2:20*

“And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Chris himself being the chief corner stone;”

Every building rests on the strength of its foundation. If the foundation is not right, God cannot do much with you. There will have to be a change. God’s offer of this change is through genuine salvation experience. Ascertaining the genuineness of salvation of an individual is the beginning point for whatever God will do in your life. So, this cannot be glossed over or taken lightly while dealing with people in the local church.

Salvation is what brings the expected change of behavior in an individual and Christianity without the right behaviour is not effective Christianity. As said earlier, Jesus Christ Himself being the cornerstone means the first thing to building correctly is a genuine salvation experience. The evidence of this can be seen in that when you were still not born again, you made Newyear resolutions and depending on individual willpower, there are people that are so strong-willed and could carry out their resolutions. There are people that stopped smoking without being born again, and there are people that are still smoking after being born again. There are certain things you can do with your willpower but your willpower would not take you to heaven. The only thing that takes a man to heaven is salvation through Jesus Christ.

If you want to be genuinely born-again and you understand what you are about to do, read this prayer aloud: Jesus is my Lord from this day, I receive the nature of God into myself. The blood of Jesus that was shed for me 2000 years ago is now applied to wipe away my account of original sin and every sin I've personally committed since I've been born. I repent of both my personal sins and the original sin now. Thank you Jesus for shedding your blood and washing me from my sin. You are my Lord and Saviour from now on: I will live for you all the rest of my days; in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 2:31-4:18, Colossians 1:1-17, Psalm 76:1-12, Proverbs 24:21-22

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:23am On Oct 05, 2019
Saturday 5th October, 2019.

TOPIC: CALLING OF CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
PSALMS 68:6, 1 CORINTHIANS 12:27-28

God operates with families and generations in mind. The church is a spiritual family where the mandate and Kingdom flows are perpetuated down the generations in increasing measure. The Kingdom of God is father and son unlimited. God told me to tell His people that no one should attend a church where he or she cannot accept the set-man as a spiritual father because the things of God are inherited and not earned.

Church membership is by calling. The way God calls a man to start a church is the same way He calls sons and daughters to become members of the Church. The Bible likens believers to plants (Psalm 92:13-15) and sheep (John 10:16). Just as plants have soil types suitable for flourishing and sheep require a particular ration suitable for growth and development, God sets every believer in a church family that results in growth and enables them walk in His highest purpose for them. This understanding will help improve your attitude towards your church membership and your pastor.

The following shouldn’t determine your church membership: family or friendship influence, crowd effect, doctrines that suit your carnal desires, nearness to your house or because you were offended in a former church.

Instead, God guides you to the Church He chose for you by drawing your heart to the church, quickening your heart (Luke 1:41) when you attend, knitting your heart supernaturally to the pastor (1 Samuel 18:1) or by giving you a dream or a Rhema word to join that church (Acts 16:9; 8:29). Sometimes, your spirit man always gets fed when you attend and you’re moving from problem to purpose (Jeremiah 3:14-15).

PRAYER: Lord, thank You for saving me. I ask You to give me clarity on my church membership in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 4:19-6:15, Colossians 1:18-2:7, Psalm 77:1-20, Proverbs 24:23-25

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2019
Sunday 6th October, 2019.

*TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING HEADSHIP IN THE CHURCH - EPHESIANS 4:8-16, PSALM 68:6*

There is nothing like ‘one-man ministry’ in what God is doing. When God starts something, He makes it a one-headed ministry which is uniquely different from a one-man ministry. A one-headed ministry is the one where God places a man who is accountable to Jesus in a headship role and is responsible to open the door for other ministers to minister there. Anything without a head has nothing to do with God and anything with two heads is a monster.

Ministry is not a human enterprise because there are divine and supernatural factors behind it. God has a standard, a structure, a procedure and a process. Anything of God will involve a price. When God wants to start a church, He defines the vision for it and calls a man to head it. And then He brings people to the Church who the vision is to guide in what the called man is to do with them.

The man that God calls is a person He has been working on, someone he has been taking through experiences to fit him into a kind of mindset and thought pattern, and a kind of nature that will be suited for what He wants him to do in the lives of His people.

A called person must have a sense of, “God called me to this work” so as to do it with the understanding that he is accountable to God. The devil would fight the called to discourage him from fulfilling his mandate and to get it off his hand and frustrate him. He would try to get him to think that the calling is not working and that he should drop it and find something else to do. But as the called persists in the work, God brings people to come and be members in the Church under his headship.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank you for the God-given head over my church, I receive grace to submit and team up correctly in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 6:16-8:7, Colossians 2:8-23, Psalm 78:1-31, Proverbs 24:26

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2019
Tuesday 8th October, 2019.

*TOPIC: JESUS’ PURPOSE FOR ESTABLISHING THE CHURCH*
MATTHEW 16:18

There is a divine purpose behind the church. The church is not just the four walls of a building. God is doing something.

*1. TO BRING MANY SONS OF GOD INTO THE GLORY LEVEL OF LIFE (Hebrews 2:10):* Every human being, like the devil, starts life by living at sin level, but God wants us to come to the level of His glory. As we begin to grow, God introduces us into the structure of the Church. When we embrace the programme of the Church, something begins to happen in our lives.

*2. TO PREPARE A BRIDE FOR THE GROOM (2 Corinthians 11:2-4):* Spiritually, every believer is to be prepared as a bride for Christ. *A church that is not preparing her members as a bride for Christ is a church that is preparing them for the antichrist.* Today, many preachers have come on the scene that are preaching another Jesus to the church; preaching a Jesus that allows people to live in sin and misbehave and will still allow them to make heaven.

*3. PREPARE A PEOPLE READY FOR THE LORD THEIR GOD (Luke 1:17):* The Church is to fulfil this through the ministry of men of God who will call people to take heed to things they are overlooking in these last days. *Preparing the people for the Lord is preparing the people for the Master, for the Judge. Jesus has come as a Saviour once, now He is coming to judge.*

*4. THE CHURCH IS THE DIVINE FACTORY FOR DIVINE PRODUCTS (I Kings 6:7):* The Church is the divine factory where destiny specifications are given. It is a divine factory where God brings people to be made.

*PRAYER:* Lord, show me the destiny and purpose of my church membership in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Jeremiah 10:1-11:23, Colossians 3:18-4:18, Psalm 78:56-72, Proverbs 24:28-29

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:10am On Oct 10, 2019
Thursday 10th October, 2019.

*TOPIC: COMPONENTS OF THE SHEEPFOLD (1): THE SHEPHERD (PASTOR)*
JEREMIAH 3:15

The first component of the sheepfold that we will examine is the shepherd which is the pastor. In Jeremiah 3:15, the Bible says, _"And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.”_

As the head of the sheepfold, *the pastor stands in a place of leadership and responsibility over the affairs of the sheepfold.* A God-given pastor relates with people and their problems as God would, because nobody can know a person better than his Maker. At times, many people despise a pastor because the pastor is not a prophet. He does not operate like a prophet that sees visions or like the evangelist that commands the cripple to work. However, *God gives pastors the heart that a real father has for his children.*

As we talk of lawyers and doctors that are experts in their fields, *the pastor is an expert in the life situations of people and the souls of men. Being a pastor has nothing to do with one’s age; but with divine equipment that God puts in the heart of the called.*

A person that tries to lead a flock without the heart of a shepherd would be cheating his people. An authentic pastoral ministry is a ministry of pain and sorrow and tears. There is nothing like enjoyment! It is only God that can reward pastors for the work they do.

Paul, who carried the heart of a shepherd at a point in his ministry said, “Who is it among you that suffers that I am not burning inside?” *When God brings people to church, He does not give them a chair in church but a place in the pastor's heart. Just as God is carrying everybody in His heart, He gives a portion of that heart to a shepherd.*

*PRAYER:* Dear father, thank you for opening my eyes to the truth in your word! Help me to work in love, understanding and obedience to the shepherd you’ve given me. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Jeremiah 14:11-16:15, 1 Thessalonians 2:9-3:13, Psalm 80:1-19, Proverbs 25:1-5

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:50am On Oct 11, 2019
Friday, 11th October , 2019.

COMPONENTS OF THE SHEEPFOLD (2): THE SHEEP
EZEKIEL 34:1-24

The second component of the sheepfold that we will examine are the sheep. The first picture of the Church in the bible is as the sheepfold. The second picture is the church as an army. 

The Church as a sheepfold is about enjoyment, about care, love and feeding; but the Church as an army is about responsibilities. The pastor is supernaturally equipped to solve problems for his people: spiritual problems, emotional problems, sin-related problems and social problems. For the shepherd, there is a sense of ownership as he is accountable for the sheep. It is this sense of ownership that makes a true shepherd that lost a sheep out of 100 to leave the remaining 99 sheep to look for the lost one. While many people may be excited over large population, a genuine shepherd is concerned about the one sheep has become lost (that has stopped coming to church). There are different categories of sheep.

There are 5 categories of sheep in any sheepfold. They are: 

(a) The weak

(b) The sick 

(c) The broken

(d) The driven away

(e) The lost.

As a sheep, you are to live under pastoral supervision as you are placed by God. God is not settled until this issue of your divine placement is settled properly.

PRAYER: 
Dear father, thank you for opening my eyes to the truth in your word! Help me to work in love, understanding and obedience to the shepherd you’ve given me. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Jeremiah 16:16-18:23, 1 Thessalonians 4:1-5:3, Psalm 81:1-16, Proverbs 25:6-8

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 9:33am On Oct 12, 2019
Saturday 12th October, 2019.

TOPIC: COMPONENTS OF THE SHEEPFOLD (3): THE GOATS

Just like in a sheepfold, you have sheep; those who submit to leadership and find their place of service within their church, you also have goats. Goats are often the opposite of sheep. They are rebellious and cause strife and division within the sheepfold. Goats can be categorised into two kinds:

a. Circumstantial Goats: These are people that manifest as goats because of wrong placement. They are not supposed to be goats, but because they have not found their pastor, they are not fulfilling their destinies as sheep where they are wrongly located. Such a person is not a goat by nature but by wrong placement in a wrong church. Such is a good person that becomes a bad person.

b. Natural Goats: These are people that are goats by nature. These are the people who cause undercurrents of negative discussion in the Church. Natural goats do not mean any harm in the troubles their presence has the potential of causing, but they just keep doing so because it is in their nature to cause trouble.

These are people who often have undisclosed and/or unaddressed issues in their lives that keep them from submitting to leadership. They lash out often, are unable to work well with others, are unable to fellowship with the other sheep or productively contribute to the sheepfold they find themselves in.

PRAYER: Dear father, thank you for opening my eyes to the truth in your word! Help me to work in love, understanding and obedience to the shepherd you’ve given me. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 19:1-21:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:4-28, Psalm 82:1-8, Proverbs 25:9-10

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Sunday 13th October, 2019.

TOPIC: COMPONENTS OF THE SHEEPFOLD (4): THE WOLVES
ACTS 20:28-30

The next personality in the sheepfold are wolves. In Acts 20:28-30, Apostle Paul spoke about wolves.

Acts 20:28-30
28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.

Wolves are human beings with the nature of a snake in them. They are not victims of the devil but agents of satanic entry into the sheepfold. Wolves are absolutely impossible to shepherd because they don't come to the church to be served, but rather to do evil.

Wolves are in church to scam believers. They believe Christians are simple people who are generous and can be easily deceived. It is in the ministry of the shepherd to protect the sheep from wolves. Church members should cultivate such a life that everyone in their workplace, home and business would know that they respect their pastor enough to obey him. This is what brings safety to you. This is because there are members that have the tendency of being goats. Such ones believe that their pastor has no business knowing anything about what is going on in their lives. Members have to be careful. It is not everybody that shows up in church that has pure intentions. Just because a person attends your church does not mean you know them.

Wolves are different from goats because they can harm the sheep. Goats are just stubborn people that move around and scatter the pasture. A goat can stand up at any point in the service no matter the ministration going on and decide to go home. Wolves on the other hand have the agenda of hurting the sheep.

PRAYER: Dear father, thank you for opening my eyes to the truth in your word! Help me to work in love, understanding and obedience to the shepherd you’ve given me. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 22:1-23:20, 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12, Psalm 83:1-18, Proverbs 25:11-14

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 4:44am On Oct 14, 2019
Monday 14th October, 2019.

*TOPIC: CHARACTERISTICS OF TRUE SHEEP - EZEKIEL 34:1-24*

We’ve previously discussed what sheep and shepherds are, but it’s also important to understand what makes a person a true sheep in the sheepfold. Here are some of such characteristics.

(a)They want to be shepherded: True sheep long to be shepherded because they enjoy it. They do not create strife and division through gossip or other means in the sheepfold. They settle in and yield to leadership.

(b) They love to lie down in green pastures: Green pastures represent the ministrations of their God-given pastor. Sheep settle and grow with the ministrations of their God-given shepherd. They aren’t there simply for what they can get out of the pastor before moving on.

(c)They never miss feeding time: True sheep are tractable creatures. They are never gallivanting around or distracted when feeding is going on. They are never in a hurry when eating; they stay as long as it takes until the service ends. True sheep can hardly wait to get to the next service. They are not the ones that say, “Thank God we are almost through or done!” They enjoy listening to their pastor preach. They don't place a time restriction on their shepherd. In fact, the shepherd has to stop them so that they do not over-eat. When somebody does not want to eat, he is not a good sheep. God told Elijah, “Eat for the journey is long (2 Kin. 19:7).” Not many church folks are like that. Some are short sermon lovers, day dreamers, Bible forgetters, non-note takers, mind-drifters, New-Testament-bible bringers and complainers. Which one are you?

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 23:21-25:38, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17, Psalm 84:1-12, Proverbs 25:15

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2019
Tuesday 15h October, 2019.

*TOPIC: CHARACTERISTICS OF TRUE SHEEP (2) - EZEKIEL 34:1-24*

(d)The sheep produce sheep: Anyone who is a member of the sheepfold that has no record of adding a person to church is not a true sheep. Such a sheep is not committed to the Church and is only interested in taking from the Church. While the shepherd feeds the sheep with what it needs to grow, the sheep is expected to birth forth other sheep. Not bringing more sheep to the sheepfold is the fastest way to kill the fold.

(e) Sheep love to be sheared: There is a difference between shearing and fleecing. If the shepherd does not lovingly shear the wool on a sheep, the sheep becomes hooked whenever he goes around in the bush as the wool becomes what twigs and leeches can latch onto to make the sheep unable to move or even make the sheep sick. Fleecing happens when a robber steals from the sheep. Shearing means to be blessed and to contribute to the Kingdom; it is enjoyable. If your church, the sheepfold, is doing something that is going to bless everybody, you should enjoy the fact that you are asked to contribute to it. Shearing is giving offering, tithing, partnership, getting involved in helping the less-privileged in the assembly. By the blessing of God, believers grow financially, but then you must answer the question of who places the greatest demand on your wool: God, man, or things?

(f) They follow leader-sheep: One of the greatest traits of sheep is that they know their leader and follow him. They not only follow, but they follow to imitate him. In the sheepfold which is what the Church setting represents, God wants the shepherd in charge there to represent the standard that the sheep would pursue. While Jesus is the ideal, He gives you a standard to encourage you.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 26:1-27:22, 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18, Psalm 85:1-13, Proverbs 25:16
www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:33am On Oct 16, 2019
Wednesday 16th October, 2019.

TOPIC: CHARACTERISTICS OF GOATS (1)

We’ve previously looked at who goats are and the two types of goats in any sheepfold: circumstantial and natural. Let’s have a look at some more characteristics of goats in any sheepfold.

1. Goats don't stay in church: Goats are rootless and unsteady kind of people. They go to 52 churches in the 52 weeks of the year. Jesus is their pastor, The Holy Ghost is their guide, and the Body of Christ is the name of their church. They never commit to any place to settle down to build ties and grow. They are the kind of people that know what obtains in every church in their town because they have sampled all and are still sampling others.

2. Goats are paranoid and unable to trust: The inability of goats to settle down in one place and grow is a natural consequence of this factor. Goats are not only unable to trust others, they also cannot trust themselves to live a life that is expected of a true sheep. Thus, they wander around, sniffing everyone they come in contact with in suspicion. At the end of the day, the tendency to hold others in suspicion is the result of their inability to trust themselves.

Sheep are trusting. Sheep are willing to believe the vision of God for their lives and make the required sacrifice to live up to this Christ-like ideal. They trust others also, which is why they are able to build with the shepherd and not scatter.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 28:1-29:32, 1 Timothy 1:1-20, Psalm 86:1-17, Proverbs 25:17

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:35am On Oct 17, 2019
Thursday 17th October, 2019.

TOPIC: CHARACTERISTICS OF GOATS (2)

Today, we will continue to examine characteristics of goats as it pertains to the sheepfold

3. Goats disobey instructions: Goats are always doing their own will. They do not follow instructions. If you need to catch four sheep, all you need do is to look for the leader sheep among them and catch him. Once you catch him, the rest would follow. But if it were to be four goats you need to catch, you would need four strong men that can run really fast and four good ropes. The sheepfold is about feeding, and if a sheep does not follow, it cannot be fed. It must however be said that the first level of relationship in the sheepfold is not feeding but leading.

4. Goats don't follow leader-sheep: Goats follow themselves. A goat will not follow the shepherd (the leader), he will follow a goat like himself. The goats are not harmful to the sheep, but are a danger to the pasture; they can scatter the ground and muddle up the waters for the sheep. This is why they also need shepherding, but they do not realize it.

5. Goats don’t like to contribute: Goats are only in it for themselves, they have little or no interest in contributing to the sheepfold, to other sheep or to less-privileged people around them. They constantly complain about tithes and offerings. They often spread misinformation to others about this but are more than happy to receive help from other sheep in their time of personal need.

PRAYER: Dear Father, thank you for opening my eyes to the truth in your word! Help me to work in love, understanding and obedience to the shepherd you’ve given me. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 30:1-31:26, 1 Timothy 2:1-15, Psalm 87:1-7, Proverbs 25:18-19

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:39am On Oct 18, 2019
Friday, 18th October, 2019.

TOPIC: THE CHURCH- WHERE GOD SUPPLIES THE HEART FOR BATTLES
PSALM 78:9, 1 SAMUEL 17:1-4, 10-11

In warfare situations, certain factors are important for the army to have victory. One of such important factors is the weapon the army is fighting with. However, weapons are not the decisive factor in battles. Men are more decisive in battles than weapons. This is why none of the children of Israel took up the challenge of Goliath until David showed up. There were weapons on the battlefield but there was no heart. And before God will take you anywhere, He will give you the heart that can take what the road will throw at you. 

Many of us want to go far without having the heart that can bear the strains and stress of the journey. This is what happens in the case of many people that come to church who think that what they are asking God for will happen the very next day. Some of the things that God has for you will not happen tomorrow. They may take some time because you may have to be in a ‘dog fight’ (a fight that drags long and brutal).

God works upon our hearts to give us the kind of heart like David’s that can confront the enemy; the heart that will not chicken out in battle the way Saul did in spite of his height. All the things we are going through in our relationship with God, the things that God is ministering to us and the things that God is doing in our lives are to give us the kind of heart that can take the future and take on the enemy.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I receive a courageous heart that does not just start a fight but succeeds and wins at it, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Jeremiah 31:27-32:44, 1 Timothy 3:1-16, Psalm 88:1-18, Proverbs 25:20-22.

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:28am On Oct 19, 2019
Saturday 19th October, 2019.

TOPIC: RELATING WITH JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT & ANGELS IN CRITICAL BATTLES
JOHN 18:33-36, MATTHEW 26:53

An army of lions led by a sheep will lose while an army of sheep led by a lion will win. Therefore, it is possible to see a football team that has been losing several football matches until they changed the coach without changing any of their former players. Therefore, our relationship with the Holy Spirit will determine what we become in any role that God has called us to function, especially in our place as soldiers.

On the battle zone which is the earth, there will be the chief of defence staff who is the overall person responsible for the strategy that will be used. There will be the commanding officer that will be in control of the battle strategy where the battle is to be fought. The earth is the battle zone. The Holy Spirit oversees that and next in the command structure are angels. This can be seen in the instance when people came to arrest Jesus (in John 18:33-36 and Matt 26:53).

But in Jesus’ part of the battle, He had to die so that the victory we will have over the devil will be constructed on His blood. Therefore, the blood of Jesus is crucial for us to have victory in our spiritual walk with God. When we plead the blood of Jesus, we are using something intelligent, potent, and something more than able to deal with the devil. The devil will not respond to your drama, but to the blood of Jesus.

PRAYER: Father, I just want to thank you for your Son, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the provision of Angels. I receive wisdom to relate well with the three in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 33:1-34:22, 1 Timothy 4:1-16, Psalm 89:1-13, Proverbs 25:23-24

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:43am On Oct 20, 2019
Sunday 20th October, 2019.

*TOPIC: DUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD (1) - ROMANS 8:14-17*

The Lord Jesus Christ, the Supreme Commander, is part of the command structure on the earth that constitutes our battle zone as Christians. There is no more battle in heaven. It is on the earth zone where human beings are that the battle is still raging with the devil. The Commander-in-Chief in the battle zone is the Holy Spirit, and He commands us as His army. Each one of us carries the Person of the Commander-in-Chief around. He operates in our midst to lead us and to guide the battle. Your relationship with the Holy Spirit will determine your success or failure in everything you do on the earth as a child of God. If your relationship with the Holy Spirit is faulty, having the kind of life that God wants you to have would be impossible.

As believers, our relationship with God the Father is in two dimensions: we are to maintain one with Jesus, and one with the Holy Ghost. Our relationship with Jesus as our Saviour is the one that brought us into the family of God. This is the relationship by which we become sons of God and carriers of the identity of God’s paternity.

Our position as sons of God is a spiritual position. Though we still bear our natural fathers’ names and the physical features of our parents, when we become born again, the nature of God takes over inside of us. While it may not affect our physical appearance, it overhauls our spiritual genetics and the totality of our manifestations in life.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the ministry of the Holy Spirit teaching me how to walk victoriously in this world in Jesus’ name, Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 35:1-36:32, 1 Timothy 5:1-25, Psalm 89:14-37, Proverbs 25:25-27
www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:54am On Oct 21, 2019
Monday 21st October, 2019.

TOPIC: DUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD (2)
JOHN 16:7-13

From yesterday, we have seen that our relationship with Jesus Christ is not sufficient for us to glorify God. This was why Jesus, when He was about to go from the earth said, “Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you (John 16:7).” The Helper mentioned in that passage is the Holy Spirit.

It is our relationship with the Holy Spirit that brings us into the manifestation of our sonship. While our relationship with Jesus Christ brings us into sonship, it is our relationship with the Holy Spirit that brings our sonship into manifestation. Our position as the children of God makes us princes of the Kingdom of heaven and makes God our Father. 

However, there are things that that position makes available for us, but which may not affect our lives if all we have is our relationship with Jesus. Therefore, the Holy Ghost came to bring our position into manifestation. It is through relationship with the Holy Spirit that things of God begin to show forth in the life of a believer so much that one could say, “Oh! That person is a child of God!” This relationship is what takes our sonship through Jesus Christ from the level of what we just profess with our mouth to become what affects our lives. It is our responsibility to have and maintain these two-level relationships with God.

PRAYER: 
Sweet Holy Spirit, I give you divine permission to bring me into the full manifestation of sonship in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Jeremiah 37:1-38:28, 1 Timothy 6:1-21, Psalm 89:38-52, Proverbs 25:28

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:28am On Oct 22, 2019
Tuesday, 22nd October, 2019.

TOPIC: MASTERING THE STRATEGY OF ‘WAITING‘ IN BATTLES
1 CHRONICLES 14:8-16

As a member of a command, the question that then needs to be asked is: Are you at the command of your commander? The devil thrives on the rebellion of the people of God. He thrives on people’s attitude of ungodly independence; the ungodly nature of “Leave me alone. I am on my own!” God does not respect our intelligence the way we respect the intelligence of men. He gave us intelligence, but He did not give us the intelligence to be rated above His own communication. The intelligence He gave us is to help us take what He says, understand it, and apply it. He did not give us intelligence to lead us. Thus, for us to succeed and be effective, we must learn to wait for Him and ask, “Lord, what do You want me to do here?”

This attitude of waiting on the Lord for a directive on which step to take before making decisions was one of the practices that made David one of the most effective kings and leaders of the nation of Israel. He belonged to the class of the quintessential soldiers of the Kingdom that we can learn from. On one occasion when the Philistines came against David, he asked the Lord, “Should I pursue them?” The Lord said, “Yes”, and David defeated them. 

And then they came again the second time to fight him. Ordinarily as a man, one would have thought that since he defeated them the first time, he should build on that confidence and just go after them, but he again went back to the Lord and said, “Should I go?” And the Lord told him to wait, giving him another strategy to use (1 Chr. 14:8-16). David was a warrior. David knew how to use the sword, he knew how to organise an army, but he was also wise to recognise that he did not have the strategy. He waited for that before he brought his own skill as a warrior to function.

PRAYER: Lord, grant me the grace to wait upon you for the right strategies in the battles of life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Jeremiah 39:1-41:18, 2 Timothy 1:1-18, Psalm 90:1-91:16, Proverbs 26:1-2

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:37am On Oct 24, 2019
Thursday, 24th October, 2019.

TOPIC: GETTING INTO TRAINING IN THE KINGDOM (1)
2 TIMOTHY 2:1-4

There are two kinds of training that soldiers get in the army:

1. Basic training
2. Specialised training.

Basic training is for everybody. It includes things like building up one’s muscles, gun-handling and the likes. In most military academies, there is a portion of the military training called the Boot Camp that the army takes all their soldiers through no matter the category one belongs to – marines, rangers, or the regular army. What happens at the Boot Camp is that no matter the shape and size that they come in with, by the time they will be leaving the Camp, they will all be around the same size. If you come in fat, they will slim you down, and if you come in too slim and light, they will build you up.

When you come to church, you have come to training. All the activities that are done in the church are to get you to train as a soldier. You, therefore, need to switch from a civilian to a military mindset when you come to church because the warfare is not basically fought in church. What pastors do in church, like praying for the sick; is a demonstration for you to see how it is done and be able to do the same when you are confronted in the world outside the Church where the real warfare is.

Soldiers do normal basic exercises whether there is war or not because the motto of any soldier, the country notwithstanding, is ‘be prepared’. The day you will need the training you are going through in church, don’t let the person that you love that needs that strength be disappointed.

PRAYER: Lord, I make a fresh commitment to all the training you are taking me through. I open up to the making process in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 44:24-47:7, 2 Timothy 2:22-3:17, Psalm 94:1-23, Proverbs 26:6-8

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:43am On Oct 26, 2019
Saturday, 26th October, 2019.

*TOPIC: THE HOLY SPIRIT: GOD-ORDAINED LEADER FOR THE CHURCH (1)*
2 CORINTHIANS 3:17

_“Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”_

The leadership of the Holy Spirit in the church cannot be overestimated. *The true church is where the Spirit is allowed to be Lord.* Ensuring that this is what obtains in the Church is the responsibility of the leader. This is the very heart of leadership in church. *Nothing else must be Lord in the Church except the Holy Spirit.* It is in churches where this reality is on ground that there is true liberty. *It is the responsibility of the pastor as the spiritual leader to help the people of God to make the Holy Spirit Lord in their lives by first allowing the Holy Spirit to be Lord in the Church.*

*As Christians, we must understand that when we make Jesus our Saviour, we have made the best decision any human being can make, but when we make Him and the Holy Spirit our Lord, then we have made our last decision.* From that point on, He becomes the One who makes the decisions that we will be carrying out. This is REAL CHRISTIANITY, but a lot of Christians stay in between these two positions for a long time largely because they make decisions of their lives by themselves. The Holy Spirit is not allowed to freely move in their lives and that places a limitation on what God can do with them.

It is as many that are led by the Spirit of God that are called the sons of God. *Not allowing the full operation of the Holy Spirit reduces and cuts a person out of divine involvement and participation. I challenge you today to submit the leadership of your affairs to the Holy Spirit because great blessings and benefits are in it.*

*PRAYER:* LORD, I receive grace to allow the Holy Spirit to be Lord in my life. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Jeremiah 49:23-50:46, Titus 1:1-16, Psalm 97:1-98:9, Proverbs 26:13-16

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:07am On Oct 27, 2019
Sunday, 27th October, 2019.

TOPIC: THE HOLY SPIRIT: GOD-ORDAINED LEADER FOR THE CHURCH (2)
2 CORINTHIANS 3:17

“Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

It is the LORD also that determines and decides for a man when it comes to ministry and assignment. You don’t get involved in a ministry or assignment that God has not chosen for you. You don’t decide the ministry you like and tell the LORD about it. He decides where He wants to send you and what He wants you to do. Colosians 4: 17 says, “And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou has received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.” If you look critically at the scripture above, it is the ministry that Archippus received in the Lord that he was asked to take heed to not what he chose for himself. We must also realize that God only funds the assignment He has commissioned you for.

Ministry is not, “I like something and I do it.” Ministry is something that God has decided for you to do. Assignment is not taking what you like and doing it, it is something that God has decided He wants you to do. Not allowing the Holy Spirit to be Lord in the Church is making the Lordship of Jesus over the Church ineffective.

The Lordship of Jesus over the Church is what translates into effective Christianity, and the way to enthrone this is to allow the Holy Spirit to be Lord in the Church. Having the Lordship of Jesus over a church without allowing the Lordship of the Holy Spirit is like a beautiful car without an engine. The engine is the life of the car, so is the Holy Spirit to the church. The church becomes a dead centre outside the leading and involvement of the Holy Spirit.

PRAYER: I give the Holy Spirit permission from today to be the LORD of my life. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 51:1-53, Titus 2:1-15, Psalm 99:1-9, Proverbs 26:17

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:30am On Oct 28, 2019
Monday, 28th October, 2019.

TOPIC: SEPARATING YOUR PRIMARY PURPOSE FROM SECONDARY PURPOSE (1)
ACTS 6:2B, 4

“It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.”

Your primary purpose is the governing force in your life. The secondary purposes will make you popular before the world but will make God weep over your life if that is all you are doing. The Church has got into so many things that the primary purposes for which Jesus established her had been left behind. And if you will do the work of God effectively and receive a reward, you must go back to this primary purpose. It will be a shocking reality when people get to heaven to render the account of their stewardship, and the master asks them, “Did I ask you to do all that?” We must not be lost in secondary purpose(s) and miss the primary purpose of God for the Church.

God had something in mind when He established the Church. When He called you, there was a primary purpose in His heart, but as you begin to move on, many things will come out. Those are the secondary things, and these must not distract you from His main charge to you. The Apostles in the book of Acts understood this concept perfectly. They said, “It is not reason…”, that is, there is no wisdom in it if they leave the ministry of the word for a feeding program. They were able to separate clearly their primary purpose from their secondary purpose. Both programs are good but one takes precedence over the other. They said “We should not leave the primary purpose of the Church to serve secondary purposes.”

Here, the secondary purpose was serving tables for the Apostles. If they failed to deal with the issue properly, it would have affected their ministry. The secondary issues you fail to deal with will create problem for the primary purpose. Thus, a pastor must know which of his functions must not be delegated. While he can delegate secondary purpose(s), primary purpose cannot, and must not be delegated. Anything a pastor is doing that is taking him from the primary purpose and the primary details of his assignment is something wrong, no matter how good it is.

PRAYER:
Take authority over every spirit of distraction that causes a man to face secondary purpose(s) at the expense of primary purpose.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 51:54-52:34, Titus 3:1-15, Psalm 100:1-5, Proverbs 26:18-19

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:40am On Oct 29, 2019
Tuesday, 29th October, 2019.

TOPIC: SEPARATING YOUR PRIMARY PURPOSE FROM SECONDARY PURPOSE (2)
LUKE 4 : 18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the broken hearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives.....”

This is the primary purpose of the anointing upon a called person, while Mark 16:15-18 reveals to us that of the believer. The church must understand the primary purpose why God set her up and avoid being distracted from it. Don’t be a believer that allows the devil to take you out of the obedience of your original mandate of God. God doesn’t fund what He didn’t ask you to do.

Don’t be involved in activities without having a reason for them. There are many things that the Church now does that were not in the primary reason for Jesus setting up the Church. Part of what you must avoid are activities that the Church is doing which non-Christian organisations can do without much effort. During the ministry of Jesus, some people came to Him and asked Him to divide their inheritance for them and He answered, “Who made me a divider and a judge between the two of you (Luk.12:14, KJV)?” Jesus refused to do this because He knew His primary purpose and thus refused to be dragged into a secondary purpose. Don’t allow men to drag you into what God has not called you into. It may be popular but it will not attract eternal rewards.

The primary purposes of the Church are the things that only the Church can and was established to do and no other organisation or individuals alone can do. So, our focus should be on those things. Believers must be taught and brought to answer the question of what constitutes the primary purpose of the anointing of a believer? The Bible directs us to “go into all the world and preach the gospel.” When was the last time you did that? Whatever else you are doing that is not contributing to what God is doing is not ministry. Ministry is that thing that you are doing that is contributing directly or indirectly to what God is doing in your day.

PRAYER: I receive grace to be involved in the primary assignment of my destiny all the days of my life. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Lamentations 1:1-2:22, Philemon 1:1-25, Psalm 101:1-8, Proverbs 26:20

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:36am On Oct 31, 2019
Wednesday 30th October, 2019

TOPIC:
FUNCTIONAL MEMBERSHIP IN A LOCAL CHURCH
PSALMS 68:6

“God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.”

Functional membership is one of the key and toughest jobs of a pastor. Heading a local church as a pastor is not just about having congregants; the job of the pastor is placing members. Every believer must answer these following questions correctly for functional membership in a local church.

1. “What is my place in the body of Christ?” You must get your ‘place’ in respect of location, attitude and positioning right. Even if you are the governor of a state, when God shows you the Church you are to become a part of, you must take a position relative to the pastor that would make God to be able to transfer flows from the head of Jesus through the pastor to you. If you take a wrong position attitudinally, you cannot receive anything. 

2. “Where is my place in this place?  Who am I to follow here?” It is failing to answer this second question that leads many people into bad church membership. It is the reason the destinies of many believers are not happening. You are not to come to church and take after your unserious member-friend simply because he was the person that invited you. You are to find out who God wants to join you to there. God joins you to the pastor. Following any other person in church except the pastor is what reduces people’s destinies. 

3. “What am I to follow?” The Bible enjoins us to follow the example of faith of fathers, not their fashion. It is not your duty to be asking for the tailor of your pastor but seek to get the spirit, faith, understanding and other divine flows of the house.

PRAYER: 
Father, I pray that you will help me to get it right and also get better as far as functional membership is concerned. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Lamentations 3:1-66, Hebrews 1:1-14, Psalm 102:1-28, Proverbs 26:21-22

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:51am On Nov 01, 2019
Friday 1st November, 2019.

*TOPIC:THE NEED FOR CRITICAL LEARNING ON THE ROAD OF LIFE - EXODUS 24:12-15*

If you are already into the programme of God for your life, whether ministry or other destiny assignments, the word that God is bringing to you throughout this month will be very critical for your journey in the assignment and calling that God has placed upon you. For you who have not entered God’s programme for your life, you are a Joshua that God is preparing for a future in the things of God.

Just as it has been found out in the world that formal education is not sufficient to prepare people for a successful natural life, it is also an established truth that formal Bible school or seminary is not sufficient to prepare people for life and destiny.

When God told Moses to come up to the mount for seven days, the Bible says, there was a young man called Joshua that was there with Moses the man of God. When everybody left, he stayed back; he observed and learned some critical lessons from Moses. When the time came to choose a leader after Moses, it was not Caleb even though on the surface, it appeared Caleb had more force than Joshua.

It was those hidden life interactions, trainings and grooming which were not open to the congregation of Israel in those days; the informal lessons which Joshua had learned, received, heard and seen in Moses and which he paid attention to fully apply into his life that determined who God chose. Whether you are already in the destiny programme of God for your life or your calling is still in the embryo form, as you follow the devotion for this month, I believe you will pay attention to the critical learning(s) you need for life and destiny so that you can be all that God has ordained you to be.

PRAYER: LORD, open my eyes to see the place and the people you have kept critical lessons for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezekiel 1:1-3:15, Hebrews 3:1-19, Psalm 104:1-23, Proverbs 26:24-26

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 3:24am On Nov 02, 2019
Saturday 2nd November, 2019

*TOPIC: MASTERING HOW TO TAKE THE YOKE OF THE LORD (1)- MATTHEW 11:28-29, HEBREW 4:9-11*

If you look at the Bible passages above, you will see that one of the forces that God intended and provided to go in life with His people is the force of rest; and if you will walk in restfulness, these two things must happen to you;

1.You must come to Jesus, be born again and let Him deliver you from the bondage and yoke of sin; and

2.You must take the yoke that God has for you and follow Jesus with it. He has a yoke for everybody, although not all believers have received His yoke for their lives. Such lives are full of struggles, challenges, difficulties, and so on.

The yoke is not a wooden instrument that He places on our necks; it is just HIS WILL FOR US. The will of God for a man are the judicial choices and decisions that God has made concerning a man and for him from eternity. There are choices and decisions that God has made concerning each one of us. Some of them are pleasant and some are not, as it were. We already know some of them and we will have to press into Him to know and understand some others.

After knowing the will of God, the next thing you must do is to embrace it fully; whether it is convenient or not- this is what it means to carry your cross and taking the yoke of Christ for you. If we will be all that God has ordained us to be and fulfil His eternal counsel for our lives, we will have to drop our will for the will of God regularly when they cross.

PRAYER: Lord, I submit and consecrate myself afresh to Your will and service in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezekiel 3:16-6:14, Hebrews 4:1-16, Psalm 104:24-35, Proverbs 26:27

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:04am On Nov 03, 2019
Sunday 3rd November, 2019

TOPIC: MASTERING HOW TO TAKE THE YOKE OF THE LORD (2)
MATTHEW 11:28-30, MATTHEW 26:39

The will of the Father was that Jesus would go to the cross and be crucified for the salvation of mankind, but death on the cross is not an easy thing. His will crossed the will of the Father, but Jesus allowed His own will to go for the will of the Father to stand. He offered to die the death of a criminal on the cross even though it was cruel, painful, tough and undeserving. That was where He got the victory for us.

Every time you allow the will of the Father to prevail over your own will, whether it is convenient or not, you are carrying your cross after Christ and each time you carry your cross on any matter, you will always have victory. After you have taken your yoke upon you, the next thing the Master said you will have to do in order to have the rest He has provided and ordained for you is to learn of Him. Jesus said that if we learn of Him, we will find rest for our souls.

Looking at Matthew 11:28-30, for those of us who are born again, verse 29 is where we should settle and focus on. For those that are outside the kingdom, verse 28 is the call of the Saviour to them. Verse 29 is the call of the Lord to the saints and Jesus does not want to be your Saviour perpetually. Being your Saviour is an instantaneous occurrence that should lead you into His being your Lord.

When you make Jesus your Saviour, you make your best decision as a human being. You are saved from the yoke of sin, the burden of sin and the threat of the judgment that comes from sin.

PRAYER: Jesus, I submit to your Lordship afresh. Where you lead, I will follow; what you say, I will do; where you send me, I will go!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezekiel 7:1-9:11, Hebrews 5:1-14, Psalm 105:1-15, Proverbs 26:28

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:36am On Nov 04, 2019
Monday, 4th November, 2019.

TOPIC: MASTER HOW TO SPEAK
ECCLESIASTES 5:2, ISAIAH 50:4

One important learning you must acquire as you walk the road of life and destiny is to learn how to speak. If you do not learn how to speak, you will be in problem with God and man and it may cause you to lose great things. Learn to be slow to speak; postpone your comments. No one has ever been arrested for being quiet; even Solomon the wisest man said people will think a fool is wise when he keeps quiet. Let your words be few. The Bible says he that does not stumble in words is a wise man; able to control his own body. When you speak in anger, you give your peace away.

The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:7, that “there is a time to speak and a time to keep quiet”. That is one of the greatest lessons you must learn in life- a time to speak and a time to keep quiet. Many quarrels in the family would end if spouses know when to speak and when to keep quiet. Learn to say sorry to people where and when it is necessary and say it very well. Saying sorry with an explanation is equivalent to an insult to the person you are apologising to.

One other lesson you must learn is that it is not everywhere you talk. There are places where you must keep quiet and learn. Practise listening more than talking. When you do a lot of listening than talking, people will respect you. Above all, you must believe God to give you a tongue that will be a blessing to people. Such that when you speak, people will know that you have been taught by the Lord and your words will be a blessing to humanity.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the tongue of the learned that knows how to speak a word in season. Purge and purify my speech in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezekiel 10:1-11:25, Hebrews 6:1-20, Psalm 105:16-36, Proverbs 27:1-2

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:40am On Nov 05, 2019
Tuesday, 5th November, 2019.

TOPIC:
LEARN HOW TO WAR AND WIN THE FIGHT (1)
EXODUS 15:3, DEUTERONOMY 2:24

If you are not a fighter, you will be a victim in life. If you will finish anything in life, you must fight to do so. There is a spirit that makes people quit in life and you have got to face that spirit, fight it and conquer it to finish anything tangible. There is a spirit of discouragement and weariness that wants to wear you out. There is a spirit that makes everybody cool down and just blend in. Learn to be a warrior. God called us to war. As a matter of fact, He is a warrior Himself.

The enemy does not yield easily and the only language that the devil understands is the language of violence. You must learn to fight, for you will have to fight in life to possess the things that belong to you from the Lord. Fight the good fight of faith, fight your flesh and fight the spirits in the society. There are demons in the environment; everywhere in the world you will find them. There are demons in your ancestry that want you to be like your ancestors that didn't make it. There are demons in the environment that want you to be like them.

The same Goliath that made Saul lose his throne was the one that brought David to the throne. When you see new battles come, it means a new throne is in front. Don't be a quitter in life; don't be a chicken in life. You have the eagle nature inside you, don't run away from battle. Run towards the battle and learn how to fight. The Bible says that when David was going to kill Goliath, “he ran towards the battle”.

PRAYER:
Lord, I choose to fight and I ask for the right skills and strategy to fight and enter my portion in life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezekiel 12:1-14:11, Hebrews 7:1-17, Psalm 105:37-45, Proverbs 27:3

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:36am On Nov 06, 2019
Wednesday, 6th November, 2019.

TOPIC: LEARN HOW TO WAR AND WIN THE FIGHT (2)
PSALM 144:1, JOSHUA 14:12

Don’t be a quitter; trust God to help you develop the heart of a fighter. Look at the army of Israel when they confronted Goliath of Gath; for as long as they were fearful, intimidated and afraid of the enemy, God did not move on their behalf. However, when David showed up without any serious instrument of battle but with an assurance that God will give him victory over the enemy, God moved on his behalf. The Bible says in Psalm 144:1, “Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight” 

One of the things that God specializes in is teaching His children how to war because the devil had stolen most of the things that belong to us in life and stationed some terrible demons around them. Nothing great will come cheap. 

The Bible did not say that to him that believeth all things are easy, what the Bible says is “all things are possible” and the possible way is not the easy way. The only easy way is the way down. When the children of Israel entered the Promised Land, they met the Amalekites and all the giants there. Some people chickened out and they lost their future. I like Caleb who said, “… give me this mountain…” Though the Anakims were there, Caleb said that. He went further to say, “… if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out…” That is your destiny. Don't accept anything less from the devil.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I receive my own portion in Life. I receive the heart of a fighter that takes his portion in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Ezekiel 14:12-16:41, Hebrews 7:18-28, Psalm 106:1-12, Proverbs 27:4-6

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply)

OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos / 2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.