Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Spirit Meat Devotional - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Meat Devotional (51401 Views)

Spirit Meat Devotional January 13, : How To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotional For Jan. 10: Topic -how To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotion By Rev. Olusola Areogun- The Holy Spirit An The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:28am On Mar 16, 2020
*SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV. OLUSOLA AND REV. OYENIKE AREOGUN*
Monday, 16th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T EVER FORCE YOURSELF TO DO ANYTHING FOR GOD*
1 SAMUEL 13:7-14

*One of the marks of wisdom in a believer’s life is ability to make right decisions. Wisdom is eighty percent decision and twenty percent timing.* You cannot afford to make decisions of life without the involvement of the Holy Spirit. *Everything of God has a flow to it. If it does not flow, DON’T force it* even when pressure is mounting on you, resist the temptation. This was the mistake of Saul the first king of Israel. Never find yourself in that position. That decision of Saul cost him his throne.

*There are three situations, personalities and issues that MUST never force you to act or move;*
1. The people.
2. The enemy.
3. The failure or the weakness of a leader.

In one of my teachings I taught about four critical moves on the earth; namely *THE MOVE MAN, THE MOVE OF HELL, THE MOVE OF GOD, AND YOUR OWN MOVE.* The most critical of these moves is *YOUR MOVE.* Your move can directly and indirectly affect the other three moves.

*Don’t allow men to force you to move against divine instruction.* Once God has spoken, the opinion of men is no longer relevant. No matter the pressure, *learn to always wait for God. God is never late!* Never allow the enemy to force you to act or move. The devil is a master at that. He wants to move you against God so that God can turn away from you and you now become vulnerable to him. He always separates before he destroys.

The failure or the weakness of a leader should not make you to force yourself to do anything for God. *Once you are not assigned, don’t get involved.* Make sure your move at all times is in consonance and alignment with the move of God.

*PRAYER:* Lord, receive grace and strength to align my move with that of God always. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 24:1-25:18, Luke 2:1-35, Psalm 59:1-17, Proverbs 11:14
———-

Beloved of God,
Greetings of love in Jesus name!

You are specially invited to the upcoming *45th edition of All Nations Women Congress on World Evangelization (ANWC).*
It is a special feast of the Lord for all females....

*Date:* 20th-21st March, 2020.
Friday-Saturday

Friday: 5pm-9pm
Saturday: 8am-2pm

*THEME: PLEASING GOD VS. PLEASING THE WORLD*

*Venue:* Dream Centre Of the Life Oasis International Church HQ, Km 4 Gbongan-Osogbo Expressway, Osun State, Nigeria.

*Ministering:* Rev (Mrs) Oyenike Areogun (Host)

*Enquiries:* +2348037785698
+2348059533180
+2348037252124

*Register via-*
www.solaareogunministries.org/anwc/

*Life streaming available @*
www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming
www.soundcloud.com/solaareogun
www.dciradio.org

Come, all things are yours!
Come, all things are ready!!!
————-

www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org
www.dciradio.org
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:36am On Mar 17, 2020
Tuesday, 17th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T TRY TO KEEP ANY RELATIONSHIP GOD IS CUTTING AWAY FROM YOUR LIFE*
GENESIS 12:1-5, ISAIAH 51:2

When the call of God came to Abraham, God called him alone (verse 2b of Isaiah 51.). However, if you look at the passage above, Abraham didn’t set out alone. He took Lot and some other people along which was not in the original plan of God for him. And if you look at the life of Abraham, those were the people that gave him problems. There were instances Abraham would have to go and fight a battle that didn’t concern him because his cousin was involved. Several periods of strife between Abraham’s herdsmen and that of Lot.

There are instances when people bring battles into their lives which was not in the plan of God for them because they were trying to keep a relationship God was cutting away. *All men are important to God, but not all men are important to you as a man of God.* God has plans for everybody. Allow him to execute His plans in the lives of individuals. *God couldn’t do much with Abraham until Lot had separated from him.* (Gen. 13:14).

It is very possible for one wrong person to be keeping fifty right people away from your church or life. *When wrong people leave your life, wrong things will stop happening. Wrong people are worse than the devil on the road of destiny* because wrong people create the atmosphere for the devil to operate in your life, your home, your ministry, and so on. So, don’t keep wrong people in your company! Deal with them on time, so that they will not turn back to deal with you. *When God begins to separate you from relationships DON’T stop it!*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I will not keep any relationship God is cutting from my life in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 26:1-51, Luke 2:36-52, Psalm 60:1-12, Proverbs 11:15
———-

Beloved of God,

You are specially invited to the upcoming *45th edition of All Nations Women Congress on World Evangelization (ANWC).*

Friday-Saturday

*Venue:* Dream Centre Of the Life Oasis International Church HQ, Km 4 Gbongan-Osogbo Expressway, Osun State, Nigeria.

+2348059533180
+2348037252124

*Register via-*

www.dciradio.org

————-

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:01am On Mar 19, 2020
Thursday, 19th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T REACT AGAINST RIGHTEOUS CORRECTIONS*
PROVERBS 3:11, PSALM 141:5

_“Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head.”_

*One of the major assignments of fathers in our lives is to correct us.* One of the reasons *God also sends His words to us is to correct us* (2 Tim. 3:16). Don’t be a person that reacts against righteous correction. *Don’t make it difficult for people to tell you the truth.* There are Christians that take a posture that makes it very difficult for righteous authority in their lives to tell them all that is in their heart. One of my friends once said, “I always make it very easy for him to tell me all that is in his heart.” Be a Christian like that!

*When you react against righteous corrections, it is invitation to destruction.* Zeph. 3:2. This is because *what you refuse to learn under righteous authority, you will learn by force under wicked authority.* And when you learn it under wicked authority, it doesn’t produce good outcome. There are children that refused the corrections of their parents and joined bad gang until they ended up in prison. Don’t be like that! *Why not learn it in the right place?*

*When you receive divine direction, correction must follow.* When God gives direction, He wants to ensure you do it according to what He has told you. The divine direction for Moses was to speak to the rock for water to come out but he struck it (Numbers 20:8-11). There was an outcome but God questioned it because it was different to His direction. *The directions of wisdom call for human correction before profit can result. Excellence is the product of corrections from righteous sources in your life.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I receive the spirit that tolerate corrections for formation in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 28:16-29:40, Luke 3:23-38, Psalm 62:1-12, Proverbs 11:18-19
_____

Beloved of God,

Friday-Saturday

+2348059533180
+2348037252124

*Register via-*

www.dciradio.org

————-

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:03am On Mar 20, 2020
Friday, 20th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T BRING UNTESTED MEN INTO YOUR CIRCLE OF INTIMACY*
JOHN 2:23-25

*Make sure you test people before you trust them. Test before you trust!* Only fools trust the untested. *We are commanded to love people, but not commanded to trust them.* Trust people as far as you need to and as far as they have passed the tests!

*Intimacy is a reward of loyalty.* When you bring men, who have not proven their loyalty into your intimacy; they will limit you so terribly. When you bring untested men into your circle of intimacy, you have given them unspoken permission to hurt you.

*Remember: nothing is as it first appears whether good or bad.* This is the reason for a lot of broken hearts in ministry today. *Don’t judge according to appearances, test before you trust.* Don’t bring anyone into your intimacy who has not qualified for it. Our text above said Jesus did not commit Himself to them because He knew all men. Why do you do otherwise? Why do you commit to men that you have not proven because of what they told you?

For heads of ministries, don’t make a man an associate in your ministry who has not passed the test of trust and loyalty. *Don’t bring untested men into your circle of intimacy. Intimacy is not a gift; it comes with a price.* Also, before God brings you into His intimacy, you will have to pass the test of trust with God. God does not come into intimacy with a man He cannot trust. Trust is a major matter when it comes to intimacy.

*You must not put an enemy in your circle of intimacy.* You must be careful who seeks to be close to you as you rise higher in life. *You must become increasingly sensitive to men as you rise in life.* You must know that not every man hanging around you is safe. *TEST MEN BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO THEM.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I receive anointed sensitivity to know and differentiate men from men. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 30:1-31:54, Luke 4:1-30, Psalm 63:1-11, Proverbs 11:20-21

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:35am On Mar 21, 2020
Saturday, 21st March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T MAKE PEOPLE EQUAL IN YOUR LIFE*
Exodus 15:26

*Recognize that people do not make the same contributions to your life. Reward people according to their contributions in your life.* There is a principle of giving commensurate reward in life. Identify and commensurately reward people in your life. Never reward people equally in your life in any situation. *DON’T reward people MORE OR LESS than their contribution in your life.* When you violate this major law of life, you will kill critical relationships in your life.

*If you don’t reward men according to their sacrifice in your life, you will destroy critical relationships in your life.* Everyone is rewarding someone somewhere in life but you must be sure you are rewarding the right set of people in your life. *Make sure you are rewarding right sacrifices in your life.* Sacrifice without reward is why some people don’t want to marry. Some women have seen other women who gave everything to support a particular man, but was cheated at the end.

For example, if you are married, your wife and your mother are not equal. Each of them is supposed to play specific and distinct roles in your life. Your wife is actually supposed to continue in your life where your mother stops. Bible says Isaac took Rebekah and brought her into the tent of Sarah his mother (Gen. 24:67). Men that fail to understand this always have problems in marriage. When a man says to his wife, you cannot separate me from my mother and so on, that is invitation for trouble, and it shows he lacks wisdom. *Your wife is not in your life to separate you from your mother but you must understand that she is not equal to other women in your life once you marry her.*

*God Almighty Himself understands the law of difference.* He said I will put a difference between those that serve me and those that serve me not. He told the Israelites I will put none of these sicknesses and diseases on you, that I have brought upon the Egyptians, for I am the LORD that healeth thee. (Exo. 15:26). That is simply not treating people equally in life.

*PRAYER:* Lord, I receive grace to apply this critical wisdom in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 32:1-33:39, Luke 4:31-5:11, Psalm 64:1-10, Proverbs 11:22
———-

Dearly beloved,

Greetings of love in Jesus Name.

You are specially invited to PRAY, PLAN & PREPARE for the upcoming Anointed Feast Of God for Men: *ANNUAL GOD OF BREAKTHROUGHS CONVENTION & HOMECOMING (GOBC&H) 2020 with the theme: THE HARVESTS OF THE EARTH IS HERE!*

*Date:* 5th July - 12th July, 2020 (Sunday - Sunday).

*Time:* 6am-8am, 8am-10am,10am-12noon, 12-2pm and 5pm-8pm daily.

*Venue:* Dream Centre of LOIC Headquarters, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.

*Ministering:*
Rev & Rev (Mrs) Olusola Areogun (Hosts) and other anointed men of God!

*Enquiries:*
08033506866; 07060930809; 07064335373; 08037553755; 08037252124

*Live streaming* available at www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Come, all things are yours! Come, all things are ready!!!

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
_______

Copyright ©️ 2020

The general public is hereby informed that exclusive copyright subsists in this work and therefore any attempt to reproduce, copy, distribute to public for commercial purposes, publish any translation of the work, make any film in respect of the work, make an adaptation of the work, either the whole or substantial part of the work, either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original is an infringement on the right of the author and subject to litigation unless and except the author has officially and clearly authorised the said person or persons or the author is clearly acknowledged in the work.
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:18am On Mar 22, 2020
Sunday, 22nd March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T DO EVERYTHING IN THE OPEN!*
2 Kings 4:2-5

*There are some moves and activities you have to camouflage for the enemy.* Many times, God hides His hands and moves in small things or small people to do big things. In spiritual warfare you must recognize this key.

In our text for today, what if the woman went to announce to the whole world what God told her to do only with her son? The miracle would have been aborted! Remember, there were times that Jesus did some miracles and then told the beneficiaries not to tell anyone! When they violated the instructions, they made His ministry in that region very difficult!

*There are some instructions that you don’t announce until you have done enough to make sure there will be no abortion of the assignment.* I read in the scripture that Elizabeth hid herself for five months after her conception. And there was a time in my ministry I gave a woman who is already advanced in age before she got pregnant a similar instruction. I told her to hide herself for five months because of the peculiarity of the situation. After five months, she asked me can she go out now? I told her yes, but that you are going to be the one explaining to the people how this happened.

*There are things you must not blow in the open until the set time for it.* God said in Habakkuk chapter 2 that the vision is yet for an appointed time. *When things are done hurriedly, it may abort the program of God somewhere.* In the book of Esther, Mordecai told Esther not to reveal her identity in the palace as a Jew, and at the end we saw the wisdom of keeping to that instruction.

*PRAYER:* Lord, help me to always keep to divine instruction that will birth the divine in my life. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 33:40-35:34, Luke 5:12-28, Psalm 65:1-13, Proverbs 11:23
———-

Dearly beloved,

You are specially invited to PRAY, PLAN & PREPARE for the upcoming Anointed Feast Of God for Men: *ANNUAL GOD OF BREAKTHROUGHS CONVENTION & HOMECOMING (GOBC&H) 2020 with the theme: THE HARVESTS OF THE EARTH IS HERE!*

*Live streaming* available at www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

The general public is hereby informed that exclusive copyright subsists in this work and therefore any attempt to reproduce, copy, distribute to public for commercial purposes, publish any translation of the work, make any film in respect of the work, make an adaptation of the work, either the whole or substantial part of the work, either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original is an infringement on the right of the author and subject to litigation unless and except the author has officially and clearly authorised the said person or persons or the author is clearly acknowledged in the work.
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:40am On Mar 23, 2020
Monday, 23rd March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T EVER BE WITHOUT A FATHER*
Isaiah 51: 1-2

The kingdom of God is a FATHER and SON flow. *In the world fatherlessness can be by force, but never in the kingdom. In the kingdom you can only be fatherless by choice or by ignorance!* You need someone who knows you in your destiny; someone who calls you after your destiny. *Don’t make yourself a father when you should be fathered. Don’t react against the caution of a father. Don’t neglect or overlook the silences of a father; the prodigal son failed here. Don’t incur the wrath or anger of a father.*

This is the problem of the prodigal son: he rejected the ministry of a father!
Timothy had a father in Paul. Solomon had a father in David. Elisha had a father in Elijah! Do you have a father?

*Let me share with you some of the things a father will do for you:*

*BEGET:* Initiates the process, either a foolish son or a wise son, every father is begetting someone.

*IDENTIFY:* The hidden destiny in their children.

*NAME:* After the destiny and not emotions. Benjamin versus Benoni.

*SET THE PACE/PROCESS* for their manifestation – lay foundations of VALUES, MODELS, VIEWS, OUTLOOK, EXAMPLES and STORIES.

*TRAIN*- for life, for destiny.

*INTERCEDE and SERVE as an USHER*, for their children into different phases/levels of life – be there with/for at key events of their lives.

*Their JOINT* – Which flow are you joining your kids to? Do you need to change that flow?

*RELEASE of the eagles from restricting forces* (Genesis 49:21), and into your destiny, gives you destiny instructions e.g. David – Solomon, Paul – Timothy, Abraham – Isaac.

*PRAYER:* Lord, I reject the spirit of 'vagabondry', I submit to the moulding of a father in my life. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 36:1- Deuteronomy 1:46, Luke 5:29-6:11, Psalm 66:1-20, Proverbs 11:24-26

———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 9:05am On Mar 24, 2020
Tuesday, 24th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON’T EVER VIOLATE PROCESS*
Romans 4:16-22, Hebrews 2:10

The God of our destiny is a God of process. Don’t ever violate the process of God in your life. *The process is what determines the quality of the product! Don’t try to get by prophecy what can only come through a process.* Your manifestation in life is a function of the process you have gone through under God.

The second passage above revealed to us that *there is a suffering unto maturity, and you must not allow anything deny you of it.* The Bible says, _“If we suffer with him, we shall also be glorified with him.”_ *The glory of these end times is going to come to people that are willing to pay the price of sacrifice and suffering.* Today, sacrifice, suffering, hardship, enduring affliction and hardship as a good soldier is lost to many Christians and it is time to discover your Christian root again and not lose it in the midst of the shifting sands of our environment.

*There is a glory that comes with process.* The Bible says _“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.”_ So, *there is a dimension of glory that God has for you that if you don’t go through divine process properly it won’t show.* The falling into the ground and dying is the process for a corn of wheat, while bringing forth much fruit is the glory. Without dying, there is no glory; or better still, *without process, there is no manifestation.*

Don’t violate human process! Don’t violate righteous process! Don’t violate divine process! *Jesus called His disciples first of all to with Him and that He might send them out. If they had not stayed with Him, they wouldn’t have qualified for the sending.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I receive grace to go through my God-ordained process in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 2:1-3:29, Luke 6:12-38, Psalm 67:1-7, Proverbs 11:27
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2020
Wednesday, 25th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON'T KNOW THE ANOINTED AFTER THE FLESH*
2 Corinthians 5:15-17; Mark 6:3-5

2 Corinthians 5:16. _Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more._

*If you are going to benefit from the anointing on an anointed man of God, you must discipline yourself to never get familiar with his flesh; his natural side.* It is wisdom to take the position in the scripture (2 Cor 5:16) in our text. Even if you have the privilege of close proximity to the natural side of the anointed and know some weakness about his nature, tell yourself, _‘yet now henceforth know we him no more after the flesh’._ This is because *anointing only flows along the channel of estimation.*

*The anointing you respect is the anointing that can impact and release increase into your life.*

Prior to Mark 6, Jesus had done many mighty works in other cities, but when he came to his own country, he could there do no mighty works. Why? They knew him after the flesh; they chose to focus only on what was natural about Jesus. There was no respect, no honor or rightful estimation for his person or the anointing Jesus carried. Instead, the people said _“is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and Judas and Simon? Are not his sisters here with us?”_ (Mark 6:3)

*Make a decision today- wherefore henceforth know I no man after the flesh. Though I have known the anointed after the flesh.*

*PRAYER:* Father, help me to stay true to my commitment to know no man, especially the anointed, after the flesh in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 4:1-49, Luke 6:39-7:10, Psalm 68:1-18, Proverbs 11:28
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:40am On Mar 26, 2020
Thursday, 26th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON'T EVER WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IN THE MINISTRY*
Matthew 6:27 AMP

Matthew 6:27 _And who of you by worrying can add one hour to [the length of] his life?_

1 Peter 5:7 AMP; _casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully]._

In the work of ministry, *there are things you CANNOT do anything about. In fact, there are some matters that you are NOT SUPPOSED to do anything about in life and ministry.* There is no wisdom is worrying about such things. You will only waste time, energy and your emotion, if you choose to worry about them.

*Instead of worry, direct the use of your time, energy and emotions towards your responsibilities. Find your responsibilities and work on them.*

For example, as a preacher, my responsibility is to prepare myself in the place of waiting on the Holy Spirit to get the message, preach it to the best of my ability in faith, and leave the result to God. I cannot decide for people to come to church or not. I cannot decide for the people that come to church to actively listen to my message or not. Those are things I cannot do anything about, and they qualify as cares to be cast on God.

*Determine within yourself that those things I CANNOT or NOT SUPPOSED to do anything about will not be my worry, but God’s own.*

*PRAYER:* Father, I choose not to worry, I commit all my cares to You. Thank You for your care for me. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 5:1-6:25, Luke 7:11-35, Psalm 68:19-35, Proverbs 11:29-31
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:25am On Mar 27, 2020
SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL :DON'T OVERLOOK SMALL PEOPLE WITH CRITICAL TOOLS FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT (1) - John 6: 9-10; 2 Kings 5:1-5
By Rev. Olusola & Rev. Oyenike Areogun 

Most times in life and ministry, God will keep some of your greatest resources for your assignment in the life and hands of the most unlikely people. These people will usually not fit the description of opulence or the high and mighty in the land. If you are carnal, you will ignore or despise these people.  In wisdom, you must train your spirit and eyes to recognize these “small people” with ‘BIG tools’ for your God-given assignment.

Look at the following examples:

1.The lad with FIVE LOAVES (John 6:9-10)

9 “There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two fishes; but what are they among so many ?”

For 5000 hungry men besides women and children, naturally one would look for a big budget or big resources. But the seed of God’s provision for that crowd was in a LITTLE boy with five loaves and two fishes.

2.The house girl with the CRITICAL INFORMATION for Naaman (2 kings 5:1-5)

Naaman, a master at war, captain of the Syrian army, honorable and with great favor with his King had no solution to his leprosy for many years. When his solution came, it came in form of a LITTLE house maid. She supplied critical information about the God of Israel who placed anointing on a prophet in Israel for his healing.

We consider more examples in the next episode of the Spirit Meat.

PRAYER: Father, open my eyes to see, respect and never to despise the ‘small people’ you have sent my way. I will acknowledge and recognize the blessings you have placed in them for my assignment. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 7:1-8:20, Luke 7:36-8:3, Psalm 69:1-18, Proverbs 12:1

Copyright © 2020______________________________________________________

Dearly beloved,

You are specially invited to PRAY, PLAN & PREPARE for the upcoming Anointed Feast Of God for Men: ANNUAL GOD OF BREAKTHROUGHS CONVENTION & HOMECOMING (GOBC&H) 2020 with the theme: THE HARVESTS OF THE EARTH IS HERE! 

Date: 5th July - 12th July, 2020 (Sunday - Sunday).

Time: 6am-8am, 8am-10am,10am-12noon, 12-2pm and 5pm-8pm daily.

Venue: Dream Centre of LOIC Headquarters, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.

Ministering: Rev & Rev (Mrs) Olusola Areogun (Hosts) and other anointed men of God!

Enquiries: 08033506866; 07060930809; 07064335373; 08037553755; 08037252124

Live streaming available at www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Jesus is Lord!
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:17am On Mar 28, 2020
Saturday, 28th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON'T OVERLOOK SMALL PEOPLE WITH CRITICAL TOOLS FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT (2)*
1 Samuel 22:1-2

Yesterday, we examined the importance of recognizing the unlikely people that God will place critical solutions, information or resources for your assignment with. We started to consider some examples from the bible.

Let us look at other examples:

*3. The men of David (1Sam 22: 1-2)*

_Verse 2 And every one that was in distress, and everyone that was in debt, and everyone that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men._

Starting out, the mighty men of David were previously unattractive men. *They were in distress, in debt and discontented with life. If David didn’t recognize his help and future war victories God had placed within them, he would have despised and rejected them.*

In the early years of the Life Oasis International Church, God helped me, to recognize the critical tools for my assignment and the church that He placed in students and young people. I didn’t despise them. I committed to training, mentoring and ministering to them until they became mighty men in life and ministry, further supporting and contributing to the future of the ministry.

*You need to acquire this wisdom. In any generation, the bulk of God’s work is carried out by “small people” ready to commit their resources as critical tools for God’s assignment* and will further give glory to God for the privilege of serving Him. *If you only want “BIG people” to get the work of God done, you will be delayed and may not even be able to finish the work.*

*PRAYER:* LORD, I receive the wisdom to see my help in those you have reserved it with for my life and destiny. I will not be distracted by anything else. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 9:1-10:22, Luke 8:4-21, Psalm 69:19-36, Proverbs 12:2-3
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:58am On Mar 29, 2020
Sunday, 29th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON'T EVER WASTE YOUR TIME*
Joshua 13:1-3

_1. Now Joshua was old [and] stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed._

_2. This is the land that yet remaineth: all the borders of the Philistines, and all Geshuri,_

*The way God designed life; He packaged your life in capsules of time. Time is an ever-flowing river, carrying all men compulsorily from start to finish.* Between start and finish, God gave you time for all you must do. But *you are responsible to MAXIMIZE time and life to do all that you have to do for God!*

In Joshua’s case, from our text, he was about to run out of time. He was old, but there yet remained much that God wanted him to do before his time was up. So much land to be possessed from the enemies. Joshua at old age is a picture of the danger of wasting time on divine assignment.

It is wisdom to recognize these following facts:

*•You cannot do EVERYTHING*
*•You cannot go EVERYWHERE*

*You only have enough time for the MAIN ASSIGNMENT God sent you here to accomplish for Him.* Watch out for the WHO and the HOW involved in your time. *WHO you spend your time with and HOW spend your time is actually taking your life. Anyone or anything that wastes your time is wasting your life.*

*When time is no longer on your side in old age, make sure you have done the major things God sent you to do.*

*PRAYER:* Father, I receive the wisdom to Maximize the use of my time in fulfilling your assignment for my life. No person or thing will waste my life. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 11:1-12:32, Luke 8:22-39, Psalm 70:1-5, Proverbs 12:4
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:53am On Mar 30, 2020
Monday, 30th March 2020

*TOPIC: DON'T EVER GET AHEAD OF GOD ON ANY ISSUE*
Exodus 40:36-38; Ecclesiastes 3:11

_36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys:_

_37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up._

_38 For the cloud of the Lord was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys._

Remember, *God does not follow your own program.*

Just like the children of Israel, (in Exodus 40:36-38) *He wants to lead you and wants you to follow Him. He wants to be responsible for the time, direction and ultimately the destination of your movement.* When you allow God to do that, you would have committed to him, the full burden and consequence of every experience you meet on your journey. You won’t have to carry the burden of provision or protection for your own journey. Instead, *you can rely and rest your peace on Him.*

*When you get ahead of God, it will become too tough for you to do. God does not tell you to do what is next on your own AGENDA! He tells you to do what is NEXT ON HIS AGENDA FOR YOU!*

*With God, wisdom is revealed more in the “WHEN”; the timing of what he wants you to do, than the “WHAT” he wants you to do.* From God’s perspective, if “WHAT” you want to do is correct, but you miss it on “WHEN” he wants you to do it, such will not be a beautiful experience.

_Ecclesiastes 3:11 "He hath made everything beautiful in his time"_

*Remember, He makes all things beautiful in HIS TIME! Not in your time! So, stay behind God as you pursue your call.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, lead the way and I will follow you. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 13:1-15:23, Luke 8:40-9:6, Psalm 71:1-24, Proverbs 12:5-7
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2020
Tuesday, 31st March 2020

*TOPIC: DON'T TAKE ON THE CARES OF GOD FOR A MINISTRY, MEETING OR YOUR LIFE*
Mark 4:18-20; Luke 10:38-42

*One of the greatest stress of a minister’s life is taking on the cares that belongs to God.*
*You must distinguish between God’s cares and your own cares in every situation.*

Mark 4:18-20
_18. And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,_
_19. And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful._
_20. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive [it], and bring forth fruit, some thirty fold, some sixty, and some an hundred._

The cares of this world referred to here, are the legitimate obligations of life that God demands that you allow Him to carry for you.

*When these legitimate responsibilities begin to distract you from concentrating on God, His word or the important matters of life, at that point they cease to be responsibilities and become CARES of the world.*

An example is Mary and Martha. Luke 10:38-42. In verses 39-41

_39. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word._
_40. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me._
_41. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things._

Notice that preparing a meal for guests is a legitimate responsibility for a responsible lady, but when it began to distract Martha from concentrating on God, it became a care of this life.

1 Peter 5:7 says _“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” This is God’s solution to this source of stress._

*PRAYER:* Father, my cares are yours, my responsibilities are mine. I will not promote my responsibilities into cares. I rest all my cares on you. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 16:1-17:20, Luke 9:7-27, Psalm 72:1-20, Proverbs 12:8-9

———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:55am On Apr 01, 2020
Wednesday, 1st April 2020

*TOPIC: THE POWER OF THANKSGIVING*
PSALM 100:4, LUKE 17:11-19

*Welcome to April. This month, our focus will be on Thanksgiving.* We will be exploring different aspects of the theme in the coming days to help us become better at thanksgiving.

*Thanksgiving is what we do in response to what God has done for us.* There is a difference between praise, worship, and thanksgiving. *Praise* is to hail Him for what He can do, *worship* is to acknowledge who He is, but *thanksgiving* in its essence is what we do in response to what He has done for us.

*We don’t only thank Him for what He has done for us; we also thank Him for what He is keeping for us and what He is keeping us from. God expects us to always return with our thanksgiving* just as illustrated in our text today with the case of the ten lepers.

Different aspects of our society practice thanksgiving in one form or the other. Companies do thanksgiving, and they celebrate it with bonuses to thank their staff that have worked well. *When your wife is celebrating her birthday, that is a good opportunity for you as the husband to thank that woman for all she has put up with in your life* because, as men, we take undue advantage of our wives sometimes. *Wives should do the same for their husbands.*

*God does not expect us to do this occasionally, but to develop a lifestyle of thanksgiving.* We should not wait for the big things before we render our thanks to God. *Train yourself to see the hand of God in the seemingly little things. If you can think well enough, you will be able to thank well.*

*PRAYER:* Dear Lord, help me to cultivate the heart of thanksgiving and to make it a lifestyle from henceforth in Jesus name. Amen

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 18:1-20:20, Luke 9:28-50, Psalm 73:1-28, Proverbs 12:10
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2020
Thursday, 2nd April 2020

*TOPIC: DEVELOPING A THANKFUL HEART*
1 THESSALONIANS 5:18, PSALM 116:17

We started yesterday by introducing the theme for the month, and we will continue from where we stopped in today’s devotional.

*It is important for us to develop a thankful heart.* You will never know what life’s sweetness is if there aren’t people in your life to say thank you for what you have ever done. When they say it well, it does something inside you that money can’t pay for.

*We should always look for opportunities to say thank you, especially to people that have been a blessing to us on the road of life and say it genuinely.* Some countries have a day of thanksgiving. *Churches ought to appreciate their pastors and have a pastor’s appreciation service. You should also have a special day you return to say thank you to God in your family.* For us in the Dream Centre, we have chosen the last Sunday of the year as the day to say thank you to God for all He has done in the year.

*Don’t raise children that don’t respect your God. Let them know the things that you respect.* They must be taught that all the things that you have done for them, if not for God, you won’t have been able to do it. Today, you find children of spiritual giants becoming secularized; they are taking for granted what it took their parents tears in the place of prayer to obtain. *Educate your children well on this subject of thanksgiving. Don’t let them take the God of their parents for fun.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, help me to develop an attitude of thanksgiving and instill same to those around me, including my children in Jesus Name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 21:1-22:30, Luke 9:51-10:12, Psalm 74:1-23, Proverbs 12:11
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:05am On Apr 03, 2020
Friday, 3rd April 2020

*TOPIC: EXPRESSIONS OF A THANKFUL HEART (1)*
PHILIPPIANS 1:3, 1 CHRONICLES 17:16-27

*Your attitude towards thanksgiving will tell a lot about who you really are.* We will be looking at what your thanksgiving reveals about you.

*1. Thanksgiving shows that you are a thoughtful person.*

*If you don’t think, you can’t thank.* Your thanksgiving reflects the depth, width, and height of your thought on the matter at hand and the person that has done it for you. *If Christians think constantly, thanks will flow consistently. Don’t let the devil shut down your thinking.*

*2. Thanksgiving shows that you are not self-centred.*

It shows that you are concerned about the feelings of the person who did something for you. Self-centred people see themselves as being at the centre of the universe.

*3. Thanksgiving shows that you are not a thief.*

*When you take an act of grace from another person without thanking them properly, you have stolen something from them that is worth more than money.* A proverb in one of the tribes in Nigeria says that “a person that you did something for and didn’t thank you is like a robber that packed your things away.” I am sure that in every society and every culture, there are proverbs and wise sayings that show that thanksgiving is a key fabric of human society.

It is the last days’ assault of the devil that is removing thanksgiving from our vocabulary. Many young children of today don’t know how to say thank you. They are not being taught by their parents, and society is not encouraging it. *One of the things that thanksgiving does for you is keep you human; it keeps you conscious of your humanity and the humanity around you.* If you just live life without thanking anybody for a whole year, you can kill somebody without thinking about it.

*PRAYER:* Dear Lord, deliver me from any trace of ingratitude in my heart from today in the name of Jesus.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 23:1-25:19, Luke 10:13-37, Psalm 75:1-10, Proverbs 12:12-14
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:27am On Apr 04, 2020
Saturday, 4th April 2020

*TOPIC: EXPRESSIONS OF A THANKFUL HEART (2)*

Today, we will continue to look at what your thanksgiving reveals about you.

*4. Thanksgiving shows you are not forgetful.*

To thank well, you must remember and recollect the details of what was done for you.

*5. Thanksgiving shows you are thorough.*

Detailed people normally walk with a list of who and what they are thanking God for. Sometimes in the newspaper, you will see a whole page taken just to appreciate the people that graced an occasion or event.

If we do that for human beings, shouldn’t we come to do it for the God of heaven? Great people are also people that know who to thank. Don’t walk as if life owes you anything. That spirit is a spirit of the devil.

*6. Thanksgiving shows that you don’t treat people generally.*

*Thanksgiving shows your recognition of differences and distinctions.* There are some people that you thank them by sending your son or your staff. There are some people that you thank them by sending a note. There are some people that you thank them personally. There are some people that in thanking them, you will go with a delegation to visit them. *When you do the proper thanksgiving, it shows that you are not treating people generally, to treat people generally is to thank in an insulting way.*

For some people, you also add a gift to your thanksgiving, and there are some people that you do everything together because of the weight of who they are. If you are doing your birthday and the Governor of the state personally came out of his busy schedule, and you forgot to thank him, can you justify that forgetfulness? People don’t make that kind of careless mistake, yet they forget to thank the God of heaven that holds their breath in life.

*PRAYER:* Dear Lord, help me to be effective in my thanksgiving from today in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 26:1-27:26, Luke 10:38-11:13, Psalm 76:1-12, Proverbs 12:15-17
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 2:44am On Apr 05, 2020
SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV. OLUSOLA AND REV. OYENIKE AREOGUN
Sunday, 5th April 2020

TOPIC: EXPRESSIONS OF A THANKFUL HEART (3)

Today, we will conclude on the topic of what your thanksgiving shows.

7. Thanksgiving shows you are well taught and cultured.

In most cultures, thankless people usually lack class and training. When somebody is classless, he/she is a thankless person. Cultured people understand the act of thanksgiving. Begin to train and practice thanksgiving to the people that are closest to you. As a father, insist that your children thank their mother after the meal she prepares for them. It will develop a culture inside of them.

Part of the unspoken rules of success in life is the rule of thanksgiving. Don’t ever take anything that people do for you for granted. When you violate the unspoken rules of life, you can be in a rotten state for a long time.

8. Thanksgiving shows that you are mindful of others and their feelings

9. Thanksgiving shows you felt the impact of what God has done

In our text (1 Chronicles 17), we see the picture of David sitting down before the Lord and expressing his gratitude to God for taking him from following animals to establishing his throne forever. He refused to sit on the throne; he went to sit on the floor in the temple. It shows how David felt the impact of what God had done for him.

Never take an act of grace for a ride. For anything that someone does for you out of their own graciousness, learn to say thank you and say it properly. Don’t claim it as a right if it is not. If God does not do anything for us, can we arrest Him?

PRAYER: Lord, help me never to take an act of grace for a ride. Culture my heart to always respond thankfully in Jesus name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 28:1-68, Luke 11:14-36, Psalm 77:1-20, Proverbs 12:18

Dearly beloved,

You are specially invited to PRAY, PLAN & PREPARE for the upcoming Anointed Feast Of God for Men: ANNUAL GOD OF BREAKTHROUGHS CONVENTION & HOMECOMING (GOBC&H) 2020 with the theme: THE HARVESTS OF THE EARTH IS HERE!

Date: 5th July - 12th July, 2020 (Sunday - Sunday).

Time: 6am-8am, 8am-10am,10am-12noon, 12-2pm and 5pm-8pm daily.

Venue: Dream Centre of LOIC Headquarters, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.

Ministering:

Enquiries:

Live streaming available at www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Jesus is Lord!

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright © 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:19am On Apr 06, 2020
Monday, 6th April 2020

*TOPIC: BENEFITS OF EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING*
JOHN 6:10 - 12

There are benefits to derive from thanksgiving when we do it well.

*1. What we thank God for multiplies, what we complain about reduces in our life.*

*2. Thanksgiving renews our faith and refreshes it before God* because you must remember the God who did something to thank Him, and that renews your faith in the reality of God.

*3. It develops in us positive mental habits.*

I want you to start practicing making a list of all those that you must thank for one thing or the other. It may just be a text, it may be a card, or you can just say it verbally. It does something to you; it releases some juices inside your spirit and your emotions. Don’t become a bottled-up human being with all kinds of problems inside you because you never express thanksgiving. Thanksgiving releases positive mental habits

*4. Thanksgiving brings wholeness.**

*5. It makes us better human beings to live with.* It is easier to live with someone full of thanksgiving than a person that is always complaining.

*6. It gives us fresh visions of God’s power and ability.*

*7. Thanksgiving makes known the deeds of God before all men.* It is a sin before Heaven to hide the faithfulness of God.

*8. Thanksgiving is a weapon to use against Satan.* We overcome the devil by the word of our testimony, which is an expression of our thanksgiving.

*9. It gives us a firm foundation to expect more in the future.*

*10. Thanksgiving completes what faith starts.*

*There are some things that your faith starts that only thanksgiving will complete.* The wholeness for the leper came after he returned with thanksgiving.

*PRAYER:* Dear Lord, give me the grace to consistently express my thanks and never to hide Your faithfulness in my life in Jesus name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 29:1-30:20, Luke 11:37-12:7, Psalm 78:1-31, Proverbs 12:19-20
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2020
Tuesday, 7th April 2020

*TOPIC: HINDRANCES TO EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (1)*
ISAIAH 14:12-17, NUMBERS 11:4-20, PHILIPPIANS 4:6

There are certain things we must be mindful of that can be hindrances to an effective life of thanksgiving.

*1. Selfishness. When you only think about yourself, you will not be able to see the doings of God in your life.*

*2. Focusing on the remaining problem in your life You must not do that in the presence of God.* When you come to thank God, let your focus be on what He has done and thank Him in advance for what He is going to do.

*3. When you don’t deliberately look for what God has done amidst a lot of challenges.*

In our country, Nigeria, there are enough things to complain about, but *if you are going to be productive in your thanksgiving, you must deliberately look for what to thank God for.* If you keep complaining about your wife, you will divorce her, but if you start looking for what you can thank God for in her, then your thanksgiving will be effective. *Stop complaining and start thanking God for what your spouse is doing well.* He provides for the children; she takes good care of the home... When you do this, it will spill over into other areas.

When my children were growing up, they never saw that Christians are bad, they never saw the challenges I was facing in the church. In fact, they thought that everybody is an angel. I have seen children of pastors that backslid because their parents showed them the pains of ministry, but my children never saw the pains of ministry. They thought that everybody were angels. *Deliberately look for things to thank God for.*

*PRAYER:* Dear Lord, help me to always focus on the things you have done and are doing in my life and not the challenges around in Jesus name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 31:1-32:27, Luke 12:8-34, Psalm 78:32-55, Proverbs 12:21-23
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:27am On Apr 08, 2020
Wednesday, 8th April 2020

*TOPIC: HINDRANCES TO EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (2)*
2 SAMUEL 6:14-23, ACTS 12:21-23

Today, we will continue to look at hindrances to an effective thanksgiving life.

*4. Seeing what God has done as a right.*

*Children of people that God has blessed tend to see what God has done as a right.* They tend to take a lot for granted, so parents must deliberately teach them and train them to thank people. There are some people that have grown up in such an atmosphere and believe that life owes you. Be the one that opens the door of blessings of God for people.

*5. Pride*

When you are not used to receiving help from people, there is a tendency for you not to thank people well and not to thank God. There are people that say ‘why should I pray, what should I pray about, I don’t understand what you are praying about.’

Listen, *praying does not show that we are weak.* Sometimes, when people talk about believers, they always talk as if we are illiterate people or half-brained idiots. Some of the people saying that, were failures in school that we went together. But because he has a pen to write and he has a platform to say anything, he says such foolish things. Don’t let such people stop your thanksgiving.

*Pride keeps you from doing thanksgiving. There is nothing like a self-made man.* Today is for God-made people like David, like Mary, not for people like Michal. When you think that you deserve things that are done for you by another person, you will not thank God enough. *Get rid of pride, and don’t let pride affect you.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, deliver me from any form of pride in my life in Jesus name. Help me always acknowledge your doings in my life. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 32:28-52, Luke 12:35-59, Psalm 78:56-64, Proverbs 12:24
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:34am On Apr 09, 2020
Thursday, 9th April 2020

*TOPIC: HINDRANCES TO EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (3)*
PSALMS 103:1-5, MATTHEW 26:7-13

We will conclude on the last two hindrances to a life of effective thanksgiving in today’s study.

*6. Forgetfulness*

Forgetfulness will keep you from thanking God. Bad cultural and societal practices keep people from thanking God. *Thanksgiving should not be done in a hurry, take time to remember the doings of God in your life, and write them down.*

*7. Criticism of others*

One of the major enemies of thanking God is the criticism of others. *When you begin to think about what other people will say, it will hinder the effectiveness of your thanksgiving.* Michal, the wife of David, criticized David, but it did not affect him. Don’t let what people will say affect your thanksgiving. You know what you have gone through, you know when they were doing the surgery that you passed out, and they didn’t think you were going to come back, but God brought you back. That is what you are thanking God for.

A man of God finished preaching on the crusade, and he was praying against a headache, and somebody said, ‘how can you pray for a headache?’, he said ‘let me ask that that headache to come to your head.’ Some people must always have something to say. *Don’t always have something to say because of your title. There is a place that it is wisdom to shut your mouth.* This man saw headache as a small thing, but that may be the greatest pain in the life of someone, and the person is seeking to be free from it.

*Never criticize others when they are expressing their thanks to God because you don’t know what they have gone through.*

*PRAYER:* Dear Lord, help me to consciously remember the acts of God in my life and never to allow the criticism of others to affect my thanksgiving in Jesus name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 33:1-29, Luke 13:1-21, Psalm 78:65-72, Proverbs 12:25
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:42am On Apr 10, 2020
Friday, 10th April 2020

*TOPIC: COMPONENTS OF AN EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (1)*
Exodus 15: 1

Today, we will be looking at the components of an effective thanksgiving. Understand that these components will determine the quality of the thanksgiving that you offer to God;

*1. You must have a definite experience of the act you want to thank God for.*

It should be something you felt the impact and couldn’t do for yourself. *You cannot thank God effectively if you don’t fill the impact of what He has done for you.* Your understanding of the experience or impact of what He has done will trigger quality thanksgiving.

Remember the children of Israel, when they got to the red sea, and the chariots of Egypt were coming behind them, at that point there was nothing they could do and nowhere to turn but God rescued them. The children of Israel sang unto the Lord, the words of the song reflected their experience (Exodus 15:1). *It was an act of worship that showed the definite experience of what they saw.*

*2. A detailed memory and recollection of the event:*

This is what makes people become ungrateful to God who has done wondrous things. *People who don’t have details of the event, or vividly recollect the experience will bring or offer something lesser before God.* You could see some of the key events or details of how God delivered the children of Israel in the song which they sang in Exodus 15:1. They rehearsed the details of their experience in the wordings of the song.

*PRAYER:* Lord I thank you for your workings in my life, I will not forget your wondrous works

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 34:1-Joshua 2:24, Luke 13:22-14:6, Psalm 79:1-13, Proverbs 12:26
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:16am On Apr 13, 2020
Sunday, 12th April 2020

*TOPIC: COMPONENTS OF AN EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (3)*
2 SAMUEL 7:18 - 29

Yesterday we looked at deep thinking and clear revelation of the act, today we will consider two other components;

*5. You must have a deep feeling of what was done for you:*

Understand that your thanksgiving is a reflection of the depth of your feeling. This feeling comes by recognizing the impact of what was done for you or having a revelation of the experience. *The deeper your feeling is, the more grateful you will become.*

*In fact, the higher the impact of the workings of God in your life, the greater the act of thanksgiving.* David knew where he was coming from, even his own father did not give him a chance, but God chose Him. The deep feeling, he had as a result of the workings of God in his life prompted an act to sit before the Lord and brought words of thanksgiving.

*6. A right Posture:*

A correct posture presents the right picture of your deep feeling and thinking. *Understand that God responds to posture and your posture is a reflection of what is in your heart.* He sees what is in your heart before your posture. So, if your posture does not reflect what is in your heart, your thanksgiving can be wrong and may not touch God.

Cain postured wrongly in his heart, and his offering was rejected (Genesis 4:3-6). This is the kind of thanksgiving that comes from an arrogant, insolent attitude. *Don’t posture wrong in the presence of God.*

*PRAYER:* Lord help me to posture correctly in your presence and let my thanksgiving be acceptable in your sight.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Joshua 5:1-7:15, Luke 15:1-32, Psalm 81:1-16, Proverbs 13:1
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:17am On Apr 13, 2020
Monday, 13th April 2020

*TOPIC: HOW TO DO AN EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (1) - LUKE 17:12-19*

There are two things that we can thank God for – spiritual and physical things. God has been good to you. He has been faithful to you in diverse ways, in your business, career, and family. Some people have been through the valley of the shadow of death, while some have tasted the power of God in different ways. Either you are thanking Him for something spiritual or physical, recognize what God has done for you

There are different categories of people that can come before the Lord to thank Him;

- People that received dangerous testimonies and special acts of God, such that thinking about what you went through, scares you. It could have been otherwise if God did not show up.

- Those that made a vow and God did what you asked. You must fulfill your vow with a special act of thanksgiving.

- Those that God removed something from their lives, it may be a reproach, problem, or something terrible, like a lifetime of reproach was removed from the life of the lepers in Luke 17:12-19. These men could have given up, they were isolated from the city, but God showed up for them.

- Those that God added something to their lives that were not there before, it may be something tangible, definite, either spiritual or physical.

Whichever category you fall into, express yourself in the presence of the Lord in appreciation for what He has done.

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for the incredible things that my faith and effort could not do, that you have done for me by your mercies and kindness.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Joshua 7:16-9:2, Luke 16:1-18, Psalm 82:1-8, Proverbs 13:2-3
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:20am On Apr 14, 2020
Tuesday, 14th April 2020

*TOPIC: HOW TO DO AN EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (2) - 2 SAMUEL 6:14-16*

Today, we will continue with things to consider to have an effective thanksgiving.

Identify what you are bringing before the Lord. Be specific with what you are coming with to His presence. Don’t just come to His presence casually to give thanks. You know what He did for you, something you cannot pay for. You know if He did not show up for you, you could have been in a mess. Come deliberately before the Lord with something tangible commensurate to what He has done. He is looking out to see what you will bring. Jesus said to the leper, were there not ten? Where are the nine? (Luke 17:17). The Lord is looking forward to you to return, but not just to return (Luke 17:18), but to come recognizing what He has done and thank Him.

Carefully choose words and acts: Put all your feelings, thoughts, meditation into special acts. The Father responds to your acts, posture, and what is in your heart. Jesus responds to names – the Bread of Life, Bright and Morning Star, Lilly of the Valley, Ancient of Days, Lion of the Tribe of Judah. David danced before the Lord with all his might (2 Samuel 6:14). This was an act that moved God. Carefully choose words that you won’t ever say to any other person. There are postures that you can take, and you will never give to a human being. That is the kind of posture you should bring to God. Something that touches you. Let your thanksgiving be with special acts that touch God.

PRAYER: Father I thank you for your marvelous acts, I receive a baptism of grace to recognize your moves in my life.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Joshua 9:3-10:43, Luke 16:19-17:10, Psalm 83:1-18, Proverbs 13:4

———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:08am On Apr 15, 2020
Wednesday, 15th April 2020

*TOPIC: HOW TO DO AN EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (3)*
I CHRONICLES 29:11-16

Yesterday we stopped at carefully choosing words and acts to have an effective thanksgiving.

*> Avoid the wrong thanksgiving:*

If your thanksgiving will be effective and acceptable, you need to be able to *separate the difference between the channel and source of the acts or moves that you receive.* God can move through a channel, but you must be sensitive enough to be able to identify the source in every situation.

*When you place much emphasis on the channel than the source, it is the wrong thanksgiving.* An atheist does not believe in God who is the source of all that he enjoys, so he misappropriates what he should bring to God, to the channel.

You must believe that God exists, and He is involved in human existence else you will misappropriate what God has done through a channel. *When you refuse to acknowledge the source of what you have received, you ignore the Doer.* Have a right-thinking that brings effective thanksgiving, such as if God has not been with me, I could not have come this far.

*> Thanksgiving is a physical expression to a Spirit being (God), don’t spiritualize it.*

*Avoid silent thanksgiving. You cannot thank God inside. Verbalize and vocalize the acts and moves of God that you have experienced.* The woman with the Alabaster box visibly expressed what was in her heart. It was an act that was expensive, and it became a memorial (Matthew 26:13). Intimidate the devil with your act of thanksgiving. *Give visible expression to God’s faithfulness in your life.*

*PRAYER:* Lord I acknowledge you as the Doer of all things, I am grateful for what you have done from the depth of my heart.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Joshua 11:1-12:24, Luke 17:11-37, Psalm 84:1-12, Proverbs 13:5-6
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:25am On Apr 16, 2020
Thursday, 16th April 2020

*TOPIC: HOW TO DO AN EFFECTIVE THANKSGIVING (4)*
1 KINGS 8:63-64, 1 CHRONICLES 29:17

*» Come before the Lord with special thanks offering and material things.*

*Don’t come with thanks offering that is insulting to heaven.* Don’t make a mistake of bringing what is meant for the poor or another person in your life to God (Matthew 26:9-10). That was the mistake of Cain. *Always have an understanding of what to bring when you return to thank Him.*

Solomon offered special offerings before the Lord (1 Kings 8:63-64). This was a special act that he did that moved God in his direction (1 Kings 9:1-3). *Let your heart go with what you are bringing.* If God will respect what you are bringing, it will be dependent on what is in your heart. *Don’t come with something and your heart reflects a different position before God.*

*» Bring your offering with a feeling that justifies what He has done.*

*Don’t present your offering with a wrong attitude.* David presented the materials for the building of the house of God with words of thanksgiving (1 Chronicles 29:10-14). Don’t withhold from God. All things come from Him and it is of what He has given us that we bring to Him (I Chronicles 29:14).

*» Prepare ahead for your thanksgiving.*

*It should not be something you are doing in a rush. It should be deliberate. Be specific in what you are doing to God.* When David was going to do his own act of thanksgiving, he prepared for it. Gold and silver were gathered; they had planned ahead. *Your thanksgiving to God will cost you something, let it be something weighty and acceptable.*

*PRAYER:* Holy Spirit, help me to constantly have the understanding and revelation of what to bring before the Lord!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Joshua 13:1-14:15; Luke 18:1-17; Psalm 85:1-13; Proverbs 13:7-8
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2020
Friday, 17th April 2020

*TOPIC: YOUR THANKSGIVING MATTERS VERY MUCH TO GOD*
LUKE 17:11-19

*If you have or had correct parents, one of the first things that they taught you was how to say a proper ‘thank you’.* When somebody gave you something, if you simply turned away after accepting the gift, some of your parents stood there and then after a while said something like ‘what do you say?’ Some of you who are parents reading this have done the same thing, and you or the child will say “thank you sir” or “thank you ma”, even though the sweet was on its way to your mouth.

For a stubborn child who refused to say thank you, the parent collected the sweet or gift from him/her until a proper thank you was said. As simple as this looks, it is one the greatest lessons that any person can learn, and I believe that many people today are in trouble because they weren’t properly taught this truth. More importantly, *you must learn how to say a proper thank you to the heavenly Father.*

As you grow older, you will notice that your ‘thank you’ becomes more delicate. What didn’t count when you were a child now counts more even to your parents. When you refused or forgot to say thank you, it became an issue. As you grew up and matured, *you began to understand the power of ‘thank you’ and why you must say it and say it properly.*

One of the first things that I taught my children and drummed into their ears was “no matter what anybody does for you, whoever the person is, it is not a right. You must thank them and say that ‘thank you’ properly”. *There is a ‘thank you’ that can get you in trouble, and there is a thank you that can open greater doors for you.*

*PRAYER:* Father, help me to be more sensitive to Your heart and to give a proper ‘thank you’ for everything You do for me as your child!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Joshua 15:1-63; Luke 18:18-43; Psalm 86:1-17; Proverbs 13:9-10
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:49am On Apr 18, 2020
Saturday, 18th April 2020

*TOPIC: YOUR THANKSGIVING GIVES GOD PLEASURE*
LUKE 17:11-19

_And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him._ - JOHN 8:29

Yesterday, we started looking at thanksgiving as a crucial ingredient in our relationship with God. *My goal in the coming days is that you will have an understanding of how to say proper ‘thank you’ to God because as you mature and go through life, you will need to do that a lot.*

There are ways to say ‘thank you’ that shows that you have matured, and there are ways to say ‘thank you’ that shows that you are not sincere. *You must pray that God will take you further in expressing true and genuine gratitude to Him.* That feeling, that desire that our parents had to receive ‘thank you’ from us even when we didn’t know why is a part of the feeling of a father that came from the heavenly Father; and unless we understand that, we wouldn’t know that it is possible to be living under a cloud of divine frown.

*Divine acceptance is not divine approval.* There are too many Christians living only in the acceptance of God because of what Jesus did, but on top of what Jesus has done, they have not added anything of their own effort to draw divine approval. *Effective, successful and productive Christian living comes as you move from the place of acceptance to the place of approval.*

The Lord Jesus Christ said in John 8:29, _“The heavenly Father that sent me has not left me alone. He is always with me because I do always the things that please Him”._ He specifically found out what pleases the Father. I want to tell you today that *your thanksgiving pleases heaven more than your petitions and more than your fasting and praying. Your thanksgiving pleases God more than your prayers.*

*PRAYER:* Father, I ask that You take me further in the expression of true, genuine gratitude to You in Jesus Name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Joshua 16:1-18:28; Luke 19:1-27; Psalm 87:1-7; Proverbs 13:11
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply)

OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos / 2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / 7 Things Many People Don't Know About Pornography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 275
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.