Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

Spirit Meat Devotional - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Meat Devotional (52928 Views)

Spirit Meat Devotional January 13, : How To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotional For Jan. 10: Topic -how To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotion By Rev. Olusola Areogun- The Holy Spirit An The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:33am On Apr 19, 2020
*SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV. OLUSOLA AND REV. OYENIKE AREOGUN*
Sunday, 19th April 2020

*TOPIC: THANKSGIVING WITH PROPER IDENTIFICATION*
LUKE 17:11-19

Yesterday, I stopped at showing us that you cannot pay God with money or anything like that but there is something you can do that can affect Him and when you don’t do it He still accepts you but He is not totally pleased. *One of my goals in the coming days is to help you by communicating this truth to you so that you will attempt to pay off the debt of gratitude that you owe heaven. More importantly, you must develop a life of thanksgiving with God.*

When you come around the presence of a deity anywhere in the world, there are seven categories of people that are there and in the presence of Jehovah, the only true God, this is not different.

*1. The Initiates:* These are those that are initiated; the ones that are sold out and covenanted in whatever form. These are the ones whose lives are totally merged with that deity. They can’t leave Him.

*2. The Devotees:* The devotees are the worshipers that come there to service their lives, i.e., their lives are joined to that deity in a deeper dimension but not as much as those of the initiates. They are there to worship Him for who He is.

3.The Supplicants: The supplicants are those seeking for the mercy and the favor of the deity. They are either asking for something, looking for help or for assistance. They are not there for sightseeing. They are there for something. They may not be devotees, but they respect that deity enough to seek him.

*4. The Onlookers:* These ones are there for sightseeing. They come to enjoy the atmosphere and to see what is happening there.

*5. The Mockers:* These ones are there to despise. They are the ones that the enemy uses to break the concentration of the devotees and the supplicants if they are careless.

*6. The antagonists:* These ones are not mockers, they are active enemies of that deity. They hate that deity and they come there to stop whatever is going on in whatever category or shape and manner they can.

*7. The reporters:* The reporters are neutrals. They are neither for nor against. They are just reporting. They can tell you the stories of what happened in that place.

You must know where you stand and decide today to become an initiate of Jehovah if you are not yet one already.

*PRAYER:* Father, I ask that you help me to move up from where I am now and become completely sold out to You and Your purpose for my life in Jesus name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Joshua 19:1-20:9; Luke 19:28-48; Psalm 88:1-18; Proverbs 13:12-14
———-

Dearly beloved,

Greetings of love in Jesus Name.

You are specially invited to PRAY, PLAN & PREPARE for the upcoming Anointed Feast Of God for Men: *ANNUAL GOD OF BREAKTHROUGHS CONVENTION & HOMECOMING (GOBC&H) 2020 with the theme: THE HARVESTS OF THE EARTH IS HERE!*

*Date:* 5th July - 12th July, 2020 (Sunday - Sunday).

*Time:* 6am-8am, 8am-10am,10am-12noon, 12-2pm and 5pm-8pm daily.

*Venue:* Dream Centre of LOIC Headquarters, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.

*Ministering:*
Rev & Rev (Mrs) Olusola Areogun (Hosts) and other anointed men of God!

*Enquiries:*
08033506866; 07060930809; 07064335373; 08037553755; 08037252124

*Live streaming* available at www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Come, all things are yours! Come, all things are ready!!!

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org
www.soundcloud.com/solaareogun
www.dciradio.org
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

The general public is hereby informed that exclusive copyright subsists in this work and therefore any attempt to reproduce, copy, distribute to public for commercial purposes, publish any translation of the work, make any film in respect of the work, make an adaptation of the work, either the whole or substantial part of the work, either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original is an infringement on the right of the author and subject to litigation unless and except the author has officially and clearly authorised the said person or persons or the author is clearly acknowledged in the work.
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2020
Monday, 20th April 2020

*TOPIC: YOUR THANKSGIVING GLORIFIES GOD - LUKE 17:11-19, ISAIAH 42:8*

Who are you to the Father? I trust you settled it yesterday, if not, ask yourself that question again and again until you are sure - on whose side, are you? Are you a devotee or an initiate? Are you one of those initiated through the new birth and you are a devotee? Verse 18 of our opening Scripture says, “There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger”. That tells us that thanksgiving is one of the highest forms of glorifying God. It also tells us on the other side that when you refuse to give thanks, you have stolen the glory of God, and the Bible says in Isaiah 42:8, “I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images”. Now, it is possible for you to give thanks to the wrong person, and when you do that, you are giving the glory that belongs to God to the wrong person.

The worst thing that I have seen in pastoring is not the devil afflicting people, it is people thanking God lesser than God did for them. In fact, some of the most horrifying moments in my pastoral ministry is to see somebody that when the matter came up, he fell completely apart, and when he came to give thanks to God, he was boasting in the presence of God instead of thanking Him. Some people do this because they are afraid of mockery. In the course of this month, you will understand why God allowed the daughter of Saul, the wife of David to be the only barren covenant child of God in the Bible because she mocked somebody doing thanksgiving.

Don’t mock, and don’t intrude into the relationship between God and His child because you do not know the full details behind that thanksgiving. In verse 19, we see that there are benefits to genuine thanksgiving to God - “Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole”. Wholeness includes restoration of all losses, filling up of all shortages, completion and beyond blessing manifestation.

PRAYER: Father, I will be an agent for genuine thanksgiving to You. I ask for eyes that see mockery and grace to stamp it out with a life of thanksgiving.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Joshua 21:1-22:20; Luke 20:1-26; Psalm 89:1-13; Proverbs 13:15-16
———-

Dearly beloved,

You are specially invited to PRAY, PLAN & PREPARE for the upcoming Anointed Feast Of God for Men: *ANNUAL GOD OF BREAKTHROUGHS CONVENTION & HOMECOMING (GOBC&H) 2020 with the theme: THE HARVESTS OF THE EARTH IS HERE!*

*Live streaming* available at www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.soundcloud.com/solaareogun
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

The general public is hereby informed that exclusive copyright subsists in this work and therefore any attempt to reproduce, copy, distribute to public for commercial purposes, publish any translation of the work, make any film in respect of the work, make an adaptation of the work, either the whole or substantial part of the work, either in its original form or in any form recognisably derived from the original is an infringement on the right of the author and subject to litigation unless and except the author has officially and clearly authorised the said person or persons or the author is clearly acknowledged in the work.
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:32am On Apr 22, 2020
Wednesday, 22nd April 2020

*TOPIC: LET YOUR LIFE GIVE THANKS TO GOD (2)*
MARK 14:3-9, LUKE 7:36-47; JOHN 11:2

We will continue from where we stopped yesterday. Sometimes, even in my own relationship with people, I have seen people that in their anger with another person, forgot who was intervening between them and the other person. They did more damage because their anger blinded them.

*Don’t let anything get between you and God Almighty as far as genuine thanksgiving is concerned,* no matter how legitimate that thing is. It is on this kind of matter that the devil is likely to get a husband and his wife to argue so that they get into God’s presence angry.

Let’s look at Mark 14:3 - _“And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious.”_

The focus of this story is not on the attitude of the Pharisee, it is on the weight of what the woman did. *As you make an appearance before God, the angels that are reporting the events will be reporting different versions of what happened,* and you must be careful regarding what is reported back to heaven concerning you in the presence of your Father. This is important.

Look at “ _…very precious and she brake the box and poured it on his head.”_

The act of this woman is the focus here. In the other version written in the book of Luke, it was somebody’s disdainful attitude. *You must pray against wrong attitudes and for right acts.* That is why in our church, The Dream Centre, you will never see anybody look down on you. People can come to roll on the floor because nobody walked the road with them. Nobody saw what they saw. Nobody felt the pain that they felt. Nobody felt what was about to happen to them.

The first thing I tell people in a challenging situation is ‘there is a pain that you are going through now that no human being can understand, and nobody can share with you, but the Holy Spirit alone can share it with you. He will walk you through this, we can all stand and support you, but He is the One that can take you through it.’ So, *when you are coming to thank Him for seeing you through those dark days, it is only the One who knew what you felt that will understand what you are doing.*

*PRAYER:* Father, deliver me from every wrong attitude and mindset about thanksgiving. I make a commitment not to let anything come between me and genuine thanksgiving to You in Jesus name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Joshua 24:1-33; Luke 21:1-28; Psalm 89:38-52; Proverbs 13:20-23
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.soundcloud.com/reverendareogun
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:00am On Apr 23, 2020
Thursday, 23rd April 2020

*TOPIC: PROPER ATTITUDE OF THANKSGIVING (1)*
2 SAM 22:1-7

*Thanksgiving is to appreciate what God has done for one personally.* We must always come before the Father with a proper attitude of thanksgiving. One of the things that I’ve found out with God is that thanksgiving is extremely important to Him, and as an individual or family, *thanksgiving should be far more than a special day on the calendar.* The Bible urges us to live a life of thanksgiving each day. You can also choose a day of thanksgiving that you do it at home; you just look around you and recount the things that God has done.

As a pastor, when I look at the people that received one form of blessing or the other from the Lord, I am so touched in my heart so *I tell people to always do their acts of thanksgiving with understanding, with intelligence, and not with a careless attitude.*

One of the strongest lessons I taught my children is to know how to say ‘thank you’ and to know how to say ‘sorry’, especially ‘thank you’. *When people do something for you, don't just say a bland ‘thank you’ as if you deserved it, let your ‘thank you’ have a feeling.* I don’t care who you are, when you do something for somebody and they don’t show any appreciation, it affects you somehow, and we got that feeling from God. *I believe you cannot do effective thanksgiving without deep thinking.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I thank You for the things You have done and the things You are yet to do. I judge You faithful. Thank You, Faithful Father, in Jesus’ name, Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 1:1-2:9; Luke 21:29-22:13; Psalm 90:1-91:16; Proverbs 13:24-25
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:26am On Apr 24, 2020
Friday, 24th April 2020

*TOPIC: PROPER ATTITUDE OF THANKSGIVING (2)*
LUKE 17:11-19

In verses 15, 17-18 _“And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And Jesus answering said, were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger."_

Every time I read this passage, I feel like God is asking for the other nine, it tells me that only one out of ten will return to give thanks to God. Years ago, the Holy Spirit showed me the importance of bringing our thanks offering to the Father and since then, it has been a yearly practice for us as a church to appear before the Lord corporately.

At the Dream Centre of the Life Oasis International Church, one area that I will not interfere or stop anyone is in your relationship with God in praise, in worship and thanks offering. You will never see anybody come to stop you when you want to express yourself before the Lord because *it is you alone that has walked in your shoes, nobody walked in those shoes with you and nobody has the right to stop your thanksgiving.*

*It is the costliest mistake you can make when you allow somebody that wasn’t in your shoes nor knows what God did for you, to hinder your thanksgiving so when you come before the Lord, it is between you and the Lord.*

*PRAYER:* Lord I will always offer thanks to you without ceasing. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you in Jesus’ name, amen.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 2:10-3:31; Luke 22:14-34; Psalm 92:1-93:5; Proverbs 14:1-2
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:04am On Apr 25, 2020
Saturday, 25th April 2020

*TOPIC: THINGS THAT MUST BE INVOLVED IN YOUR THANKSGIVING (1)*
PSALMS 103: 1–5

In the next couple of days, I will be sharing with you, the things that must be involved in your thanksgiving for it to be acceptable and pleasing before God.

*(a) THERE MUST BE REMEMBRANCE AND RECOLLECTION*

The word ‘remember’ is a combination of two words, ‘re’ and ‘member’, that is, to *put the bits and pieces together of all the things that God has done for you.* To recollect is a combination of two words too, ‘re’ and ‘collect’ - to bring all those bits and pieces, to collect them together and then bring them as a whole to the Father.

*As a pastor, I encourage people over the years, record the acts of kindness that you have enjoyed,* things that you didn’t deserve that people did for you. It is also good for you to *have a book that you record those that you must say thank you to* - human beings that have been there on the road of life at different junctions for you, acts you must thank God for.

*You can’t come to thank God correctly if you don’t recognize His involvement in your daily life, so there must be a remembrance and a recollection.* When people come to do thanksgiving, they allow the devil to rob God of their thanksgiving because they are still conscious of themselves. *Thanksgiving is not about you; it is about the person you are thanking.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I thank you sincerely for (List those things you are thanking God for), with a grateful heart I’ve come to acknowledge your act of mercy. Thank you, Jesus! Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 4:1-5:31; Luke 22:35-53; Psalm 94:1-23; Proverbs 14:3-4
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 9:16am On Apr 26, 2020
Sunday, 26th April 2020

*TOPIC: THINGS THAT MUST BE INVOLVED IN YOUR THANKSGIVING (2)*
PSALMS 124

Yesterday, we started looking into things that must be involved in your thanksgiving; we will be considering the next point today.

*(b) IT MUST BE DELIBERATE AND INTENTIONAL*

*Thanksgiving is not something that is sudden, it should be deliberate and intentional.* Generally, younger folks tend to be more selfish and ungrateful; they think that life owes them many things, but when you see older folks, they have seen the vicissitudes of life, they have experienced the wind and the storms of life in different shapes and manners and they know that “if it had not been the Lord who was on our side when things happened? We would have been swallowed up”. They tend to be more grateful and they tend to take note of thankful people.

I taught our children when they were growing up the need to be deliberate and intentional with thanksgiving; and *as you go through life, you will meet people that are older and when they do things for you, let them know that you are very, very grateful.*

When our pastors helped me to drop my children in school when they were younger, I still insisted that they called the pastor to thank them personally; tell him, ‘sir, I'm very grateful, thank you very much’, it does something to your spirit and then it does something to the other person.

*Thankless people lose favour, you should not lose favour, you should recognize the place of thanks and do it deliberately and intentionally.*

*PRAYER:* Father, I thank You. You have been so good and faithful. I repent of every attitude of ingratitude in my life, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 6:1-40; Luke 22:54-23:12; Psalm 95:1-96:13; Proverbs 14:5-6
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2020
*Monday, 27th April 2020*

*TOPIC: THINGS THAT MUST BE INVOLVED IN YOUR THANKSGIVING (3)*
PSALMS 105: 1–5

*(c) IT MUST BE THE PRODUCT OF DEEP THINKING*

When you think deeply, you will thank widely. *Thoughtful people are usually thankful people, while thoughtless people are thankless people.* When you think, you will thank people, thank junior people, thank your colleague, thank senior, just thank people and appreciate what they've done for you. *You had an occasion, people came, it is good for you to thank them and appreciate them.*

*(d) IT SHOULD BE SINCERE*

*It should come out of your heart, sincerely.* Let everyone involved know that you really mean it, that you are not faking it and that you are sincere about the thanksgiving.

*(e) IT SHOULD BE HEARTFELT*

It should not be like a comedian that is joking about something. *Thanksgiving is a serious business with heaven, and as human beings,* we must learn to say a heartfelt thank you. *Being thankful to God for all His blessings is truly the mark of a Christian. It is one of the most powerful spiritual activities a child of God can do.*

One of the things I like about America is that they have a National Day of Thanksgiving. No matter what you say about Nigeria, I think Nigeria should have a National Day of Thanksgiving. God has been good to this country. There are countries that have not faced as much as we have and they’ve broken into pieces. There are many evils that have walked into our country that somehow, God shielded us.

*PRAYER:* Father, I am grateful. I just want you to know that I am thankful, I am glad for your wonderous works, Amen.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 7:1-8:17; Luke 23:13-43; Psalm 97:1-98:9; Proverbs 14:7-8
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:20am On Apr 29, 2020
Wednesday, 29th April 2020

*TOPIC: THINGS THAT MUST BE INVOLVED IN YOUR THANKSGIVING (5)*
EXODUS 15:1-11

We will continue looking at the things that must be involved in your thanksgiving.

*(g) THANKSGIVING SHOULD BE DIRECTED*

*As individuals, not only must your thanksgiving be specific, it should be directed to a person.* You must know who you are directing your thanksgiving to - God Almighty. Yes! *You must direct your Thanksgiving to God. One way to despise God is to transfer His honor to another thing or person.* Thanksgiving is one of the ways to honour God, not to say, ‘I did it’ rather, ‘God did it!’

*God is the ultimate doer, the One that is the unchanging changer behind the changing scenes of our lives, the One that if He was not there, we would have been swallowed, the one that was there, that limited what the enemy wanted to do.* If God is not there, the enemy just needs about a few seconds to wipe us off. That is why you must always thank God. That God has been good to you is a reason why you must direct your thanksgiving to a person. *As a side note, remember people that on the road of life, God used them to do things to you. Send a word to them to thank and appreciate them, your parents especially.*

*(h) THANKSGIVING MUST BE WILLINGLY OFFERED*

Thanksgiving must be willingly offered. *I believe one of the human relations errors is ingratitude. Gratitude is a door opener for anybody, while ingratitude destroys favour and brings a bad smell to that person.*

*PRAYER:* I give thanks to you LORD, for You are great; without You, I am nothing. I am who I am because of You. Take all the honour LORD, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 9:22-10:18; Luke 24:13-53; Psalm 100:1-5; Proverbs 14:11-12
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2020
Thursday, 30th April 2020

*TOPIC: THINGS THAT MUST BE INVOLVED IN YOUR THANKSGIVING (6)*
I SAMUEL 2:1-10, 2 SAMUEL 7:18

We will continue looking at the things that must be involved in your thanksgiving as we consider two more points.

*(i) IT MUST BE DESCRIPTIVE OF WHAT WAS DONE*

*You must be able to describe what was done, not just something vague.* It must be reflective of what was done - you must show your personal estimation of what was done. I think younger folks must learn this thanksgiving from elderly people. It is one of the things that nobody teaches you in school, that is why a teacher can labour over you and you don’t remember him. *We must not be used to taking things for granted.*

In the Bible, the one woman that was barren committed the act of despise while David was rejoicing before the Lord for what the Lord had done. David was a classic example of a man raised up by God.

*(j) IT MUST BE MEASURED*

When you are bringing your thanksgiving, you must measure three things as you come to God’s presence;

*- You must measure your ATTITUDE;* it must be fitted to the occasion and to the act that you are thanking Him for.

*- You must measure your WORDS* as you come before Him. When Hannah was thanking God for the birth of Samuel, it was different from the way the Peninnah thanked God for her five children - Hannah had one after many years of waiting. So you must weigh and measure your words.

*- You must measure your ACT*

*Thanklessness is lethal before heaven!*

*PRAYER:* Lord, this thing (mention it) that you did for me is weighty in my sight. Today, I’ve come to say thank you Lord! Lord, I repent of any form of thanklessness in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 11:1-12:15; John 1:1-28; Psalm 101:1-8; Proverbs 14:13-14
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:12am On May 02, 2020
Saturday, 2nd May 2020

*TOPIC: THREE LEVELS OF DIVINE WORKING (2)*
1 CORINTHIANS 10: 1 - 10

Remember we started looking at the different levels of God working among His people. The first one we looked at yesterday was how God works IN you, today, we will look at how God works FOR you.

*2. GOD WORKING FOR YOU*

As God is working IN you, He will at the same time be working FOR you. It is however important that I let you know that *the fact that God is working for a man does not mean that such a man is pleasing to Him (Read 1 Corinthians 10:1-10).*

*Your utmost desire as a child of God should not be what God is doing for you but what He is doing in you.* What God is doing in you is what will ultimately determine what God will do with you in life and destiny. *While you thank God and appreciate Him for what He is doing for you, you must not make it your focus or let it blind you to what God is working in you, which is because of where God is taking you to.*

When you make what God is doing for you your focus, you will know the acts of the Lord without knowing His ways and you will certainly fall into the same crisis that the children of Israel fell into. *When God is working for you but He is not working in you, you will not go far with Him.* Somehow, your ways will become grieving to Him; you will always err in your heart not knowing the ways of the Lord.

*PRAYER:* Lord, may my life be a description of your divine workings in life for me! While you are working for me, let your working in me be perfect and complete in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 15:1-16:31, John 2:1-25, Psalm 103:1-22, Proverbs 14:17-19
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:50am On May 04, 2020
Monday, 4th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT GOD CAN NOT WORK WITH*
2 KINGS 4:27-37

*The man that God can not work with is the man that is wrong in his heart;* his heart is such that God cannot work with him. He is just not the right material; many things in his life make it impossible for God to work with him.

*If a person is not in the will of God, God cannot work with him* because He cannot work with anything contrary to His will. If a ministry is not commissioned of God, and God works with that person, then God will be supporting the destruction of His kingdom.

So, there are people that God can't work with. For example, look at Gehazi, God somehow could not work with the man, and why couldn't God work with him? The same place that Gehazi found himself was the place that Elisha had stood before. When Gehazi took the staff of Elisha, it was not different from when Elisha took the mantle of Elijah. The mantle of Elijah in the hand of Elisha opened the river Jordan. Elisha started with the last miracle that Elijah stopped with. But then, Gehazi was given the staff of the servant of God and nothing happened.

What was the reason, why couldn't God work with him? It was all in his heart. It wasn't in his physical person, it wasn't in his drive, and it wasn't in his ministry but his heart. So, there is the man that God cannot work with, and sad to say, there are ministers today that God can't work with. However, *if as a man you find out that God can't work with you or with certain things in your life, there is hope; all you need to do is to get rid of those things.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, rid me of habits, attitudes, behaviours and mentalities that causes you not to work with a man in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 19:1-20:48, John 3:22-4:3, Psalm 104:24-35, Proverbs 14:22-24
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:37am On May 05, 2020
Tuesday, 5th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT GOD WON'T WORK WITH*
GENESIS 49:22-24

*This is the man that God wants to work with but He won't work with him because there are wounds in his life.* Some people have been wounded and injured. Nothing can be compared to a strong, robust, and sound spirit. Prov. 18:14 says, ''a broken spirit who can bear?''. *If a man's spirit is broken, it affects the working of God with that man* and that is one thing that the devil does to the ministers of the gospel; he wants to get you into a place that you're wounded inside.

In Genesis 49:22-24, the destiny of Joseph, the calling and the assignment that Joseph had to fulfil on the earth was of such importance that the devil started attacking him right from his father's house. If you go to a football match or you watch football matches regularly, you will notice that some fantastic players just get a very funny injury. Sometimes, they are going to go through a healing programme which affects their ability to play football at that time.

There was a time that God couldn't use Moses. When God appeared to him and said Moses, “I want you to go to Egypt”; he said, “I can't go”. Now, Moses knew that was his destiny but he couldn't go, not because he didn't want to go, but there was a wound inside; there was a wound of rejection that damaged Moses' confidence and personality. God began to minister to him and it was because of that, that Moses was saddled with Aaron. That is the picture of the man that God won't work with. *It is not that He doesn't want to work with the man but he won't do so until the man is healed.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, heal me of every shortage that has made me or can make me a man you won’t work with in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Judges 21:1-Ruth 1:22, John 4:4-42, Psalm 105:1-15, Proverbs 14:25
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 4:47am On May 06, 2020
Wednesday, 6th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT GOD MAY WORK WITH*
2 TIMOTHY 2:20-21

*This is the kind of minister that knows he has a calling but he is unserious with his calling.* He does just barely enough to get by, he's not pressing into the excellence that the calling requires from him - I've seen some like that.

*There is the category of servants of God that are not pressing into the excellence that is resting in the calling that God has placed on their life.* Excellence does not mean perfection; *excellence simply means improvement, moving beyond the previous mark that is set,* year in year out, moving forward, and pressing forward and upward.

Then there are also some, under this category that God may use. In this category, you will see *a man that God has called but he is not making himself available to God.* Many things are demanding his time when God looks at the assignment that He has on his mind for that man, he or she is the best person because he has the most precise calling for that assignment, but the man himself *does not respect the calling of God enough to make himself available for God and his calling.*

*Take yourself seriously and take the calling of God upon your life serious.* If you do not, God will have to look for someone else to do it. That person may not do it well, the way you would have done it, but he will still do it. *Do not be the man that God may use and work with but rather be the one that He will choose to work with.*

*PRAYER:* Lord I pray for the grace to be your number one choice always. My replacer will be jobless, I will give you joy in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Ruth 2:1-4:22, John 4:43-54, Psalm 105:16-36, Proverbs 14:26-27
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:36am On May 07, 2020
Thursday, 7th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT GOD WILL WORK WITH AND GOD IS WORKING WITH*
2 CORINTHIANS 13:5

I will be showing you two categories of people today. As a child of God or minister of God, your goal and your purpose should be to seek to be the one that God will work with and the one that He is working with.

*1. The man that God will work with*

This is the man that God will use. *That is the man that He is preparing, God has His eyes on him, the man is going through the process of God,* and God is working on him, chipping something away here and adding something there getting him ready. Every church must always have the people that the Lord will use in the making, and the Pastor's eyes must be blessed of God to see men and women that God will use.

*2. The man that God is working with*

*The man that God is working with is the man that God has tested, and has passed His test.* 2 Corinthians 13:5 _“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”_ As a man that God is working with, you must not be carried away, the passage did not say that people should examine us; it says we should examine ourselves. *If we would examine ourselves, there must be a basis for us to do the examination and the basis must be a yardstick that God has given to us.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I join myself to the divine workings of God to make me a vessel you will work with in my generation in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 1:1-2:21, John 5:1-23, Psalm 105:37-45, Proverbs 14:28-29
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:07am On May 08, 2020
Friday, 8th May 2020

*TOPIC: LABOUR TO PASS THE TEST OF GOD*
2 CORINTHIANS 13:5

From today’s passage, I want to call your attention to the word *“reprobates”. That word means tested, failed the test and discarded.* In Jeremiah 18:1-6, the potter's field is very peculiar, it is a useless field. Nobody can plant anything there, because it is filled with broken pots from the works of the potter. In the passage above, the potter was doing a particular work on the wheel; it was marred in his hands and then he remoulded it. Some pots will not meet the test, so the potter will have to discard it and when he throws it out, he throws it into this potter's field.

The potter's field is just a field filled with pots that are not only broken, but they have also been tested, reworked upon over and over again, they were found wanting and unamenable and so they had to be discarded - Reprobates.

Now, what that simply means is that it's possible for a reprobate to still carry a title like Saul; the first king of Israel. He had failed the test of heaven, he had been discarded, but he was still the official king and the king in waiting; David, had not ascended to the throne.

*We must be faithful in our generation, we must be faithful with the demands, the training and the process that God is giving us. My prayer for you is that you will pass the test of God in your generation and also have a testimony that you are among those that stayed faithful to God in Jesus name.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I pray for the grace to pass divine tests. May I not be a reprobate. I will be a vessel that gives the potter pleasure in Jesus name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 2:22-4:22, John 5:24-47, Psalm 106:1-12, Proverbs 14:30-31
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 4:52am On May 09, 2020
Saturday, 9th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT HE HAS CALLED*
JUDGES 9:8-15

*The man that God will work with is the one that He called and stays where He called him.* These are the days that we must not stay in a wrong calling or a wrong anointing; the days we must not get involved in wrong assignments.

From the passage Judges 9: 8 - 15. The keyword in the passage is promoted over. But then there is a substance that makes that tree attractive! That is what each of the trees has to offer; what God deposited in each of them with which they are a blessing to man and joy to God. *There is also something that makes you attractive to heaven, and that is your calling. The man that God is going to work with is the man that God has called and doesn't only stay within the limits of his calling but also positions himself firmly in the heart of his calling.*

I got to a place some years ago where things were not just the way they were supposed to be, so I asked the Lord, I said “Lord, what is it?” I checked everything we were doing and took time to appraise them; I was honest with myself. I began to mark and check everything and said, “This one, I was sure the Lord told me to do it, this one I saw it in a particular ministry e.t.c.” I stopped everything I was not sure God said we should do. And then the Lord spoke to me and said *“Let your labour center around my instructions to you.”*

*PRAYER:* Lord, help me to be decisive in cutting away entanglements in my life that keeps me from doing what you’ve called me to do.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 5:1-7:17, John 6:1-21, Psalm 106:13-31, Proverbs 14:32-33
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:49am On May 10, 2020
Sunday, 10th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT HE HAS CHOSEN*
1 CHRONICLES 28:5-6.

*We must not let our giftings lead us into some areas that God has not chosen us to go into.* He must call us, and as well, must choose us before we can venture into anything in life and destiny. *Some things are just the choice of God.* Caleb and Joshua were with Moses, Caleb seemed to have more faith than Joshua but it was Joshua that God chose.

Among the children of Jesse, God chose David. Moses, Aaron and Miriam were children of the same parents; Miriam was gifted, Aaron was called, but Moses was the chosen and he was the youngest among them. All three of them had prophetic grace in their lives.

1 CHRONICLES 28:5-6.
_5 And of all my sons, (for the LORD hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel. 6 And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father._

David the King attempted to build that house, but he was not chosen by God to do it, it was Solomon that was chosen for it. David had all the resources to build that house, but he did not go ahead to build it. He knew well that God will not back him up and his efforts will be in vain.

*PRAYER:* Lord, help me to keep qualifying for all you’ve chosen me for in Jesus name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 8:1-9:27, John 6:22-42, Psalm 106:32-48, Proverbs 14:34-35
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:11am On May 11, 2020
Monday, 11th May 2020

*TOPIC: A MAN WHOSE HEART IS AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART*
ACTS 13:22

Sometimes when you look at the life of David, you wonder why God liked him; this is the secret of David, he was a man after God's own heart. *The man whose heart is after God's own heart will be touched by whatever touches God, what moves God will also move him.* You must find out the things that touch God's heart and sincerely ask yourself, "Do the same things touch my heart?"

At some levels in ministry, it is so easy that your position becomes more important to you than the feelings of God. At this point, you may slip into the error of King Saul. In 1 Sam 15:20-24 Saul against the instruction of God, spared Agag and the spoils that were meant for destruction. *By that act of disobedience and rebellion, he lost the factor that made him a man after the heart of God.*

*We must remain men that are after God's heart. What is in God's heart, and what affects God's heart must affect us.* If we are like that, God is going to work with us. In fact, the highest things of the kingdom are only given to those that He can trust. I want you to look at another man; Eleazar, the son of Aaron. *His heart was after the Lord and that secured him a divine commitment of God eternally.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, help me to cultivate the heart that is after your heart and that is moved by what moves your heart.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1Samuel10:1-11:15; John6:43-71; Psalm107:1-43; Proverbs15:1-3
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 11:35am On May 13, 2020
Wednesday, 13th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN WHOSE WAYS PLEASE THE LORD - Matthew 7: 22-23*

God is going to walk with the man whose ways please the Lord. There is a difference between your way and your act, just like there is a difference between the ways of the Lord and the acts of the Lord. When the bible talks of the ways of a man, he talks about the reasons of a man, the motives of a man, what drives you, what pushes you, why you do what you do. A lot of times we can see good things being done in the wrong way.

When John said to the master," Let us call fire down on this people" and the Lord said, "You don't know which spirit you are of." That means what John wanted to do might have been laudable, but it wouldn't have been done in the spirit of Jesus. The Lord is more concerned with the spirit with which you are doing things for Him, not just what you are doing.

In Matt. 7:22-23 the Lord said, “Many will say to me on that day, we have cast out devils in your name, we have done many mighty works in your name,” and God will say to them, Depart from me ye workers' of iniquity; I never knew you!” The word for "knew" there is the word I never approved of you, so it means that they have been doing things that He didn't approve of and they didn't bother to find out whether He approved of what they were doing. You could do things that impress men, and they think it is wonderful, and it may not be in God's motives and for His own reasons. .

PRAYER: Father, I receive divine schooling to promote your ways above your acts and to know your ways more and more daily.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 1 Samuel 14:1-52; John 7:31-53; Psalm 109:1-31; Proverbs 15:5-7
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:32am On May 15, 2020
Friday, 15th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN WHOSE HEART TREMBLES AT THE WORD OF THE LORD*
Isaiah 66:2,5; 1 Samuel 12: 7; 13:7; 2 Kings 4:18 – 27

Another category of men that the Lord will work with are men who tremble at the word of God. *We must not become people that are familiar with God so much that they don't tremble at his word anymore.* As a matter of fact, it is the easiest thing to do in the ministry. Because you are a carrier of the oil, because you are a speaker of the word of God, the enemy can move you to a place of familiarity with God.

Elisha served Elijah and Gehazi served Elisha. While *Elisha walked in intimacy with Elijah that brought him to a place of respect towards the anointing,* Gehazi, on the other hand, developed familiarity towards Elisha that caused him to think that God does not talk to His prophet all the time. *The sin of familiarity is equally responsible for how people now commit atrocities with impunity in the body of Christ today.*

*Whatever happens, make sure that as a Christian, you do not get to a place where your heart loses that quality of trembling at the word of God.* Do you still tremble at the word of the Lord? In the work of the ministry, especially as ministers, we can get so familiar with God himself that we think He has given us a special license to disobey some written scriptures. *We can be deceived to believe that He has given us a special status in the kingdom to be His assistant, that you can do something and say it doesn't matter.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I receive grace never to slip into familiarity with your word and grace to maintain the quality of trembling at your words all the days of my life.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1Samuel 17:1-18:4; John 8:21-30; Psalm 111:1-10; Proverbs15:11
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:36am On May 16, 2020
Saturday, 16th May 2020

*TOPIC: A MAN WHO LIVES BY FAITH*
Hebrews 11: 1 - 6

I believe that one of the things that must be settled in the ministry is this faith for your assignment. *When God gives an assignment to a man, He also supplies the faith to drive that assignment with the calling.* With the release of the assignment comes the release of the faith to drive that assignment.

If there is a vision in your heart that you somehow can't accomplish, two things could be responsible: it is either God has not given you that vision as an assignment, so there is no faith for it, or it is not yet time for it. *Whatever you are going to start under God, start it when you have the faith for it. The currency of the kingdom is faith and not cash.* There are three levels that you can live at as a Christian: *your fund level, your faith level, and your father's level.* The lowest of the three levels is your fund level.

There are many things that you need in life that your fund level can't get for you, but your faith can get it for you. You must understand that *God will place faith in your heart to drive the assignment. There is no vision that God gave you that He cannot meet.* You will need God to do it, and for God to move, your faith must be in place. *Money moves men, but faith moves God. God moves men better than money ever can.* A man that will walk with God and that God will work with must be a man that will release his faith.

*PRAYER:* Father, teach me to grow and profit in all ramification of my life by the currency of the kingdom.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 18:5-19:24; John 8:31-59; Psalm 112:1-10; Proverbs 15:12-14
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 2:49am On May 17, 2020
Sunday, 17th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN WHO IS JEALOUS OF HIS GLORY*
Numbers 25:1-13

The man that God will work with is the man that is jealous for the glory of God and how He feels and not a man that is after his reputation. The concern of Phinehas, the son of Aaron the high priest, was about how God was feeling and not his reputation at that moment. *If you will be the man that God is going to work with these last days, you must not be the type of Christian that is concerned for his reputation but the glory of God.*

Two things that will be conflicting in our lives regularly will be; His glory and our reputation and *you are not going to keep your reputation with the power of God together.* Many ministers of God today are not preaching the real word of God any longer because they are trying to make sense to the people. *The word does not make sense to the natural mind. Therefore, by trying to make sense to the people, you will begin to adulterate the word of God.* Have you ever wondered why God worked with a stammerer and not an eloquent person like Aaron? *God chose Moses because he was jealous for His glory.*

God is looking for those that are jealous for His glory because such is the man that the Lord will work with. *The man that will insist that the way, standard, and pattern of the Lord must be maintained. The man that will insist that the work of the Lord must be done the Lord's way.*

*PRAYER:* Father, help me to put my reputation under for a full blast of your glory in my life and through my life in Jesus name.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 20:1-21:15; John 9:1-41; Psalm 113:1-114:8; Proverbs 15:15-17
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:16am On May 18, 2020
Monday, 18th May 2020

*TOPIC: HE MUST BE A MAN THAT IS SENT*
Isaiah 6:8, Jeremiah 23:21, 32

*God will not work with a man He has not sent.* What makes God to be identified with a man is that He sent him. He has no business with a man He has not sent. He said in the text above, "I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied." What a life of waste! *God is not going to back up a man He did not give a message. There is a reality of divine backing and commitment to the man sent.**

A man can be called but not sent; it is not every called man that is sent. It is one thing to be called by the Lord; it is another thing to actually be sent by Him.* The truth of the matter is that it is *not everyone that God has called that will be sendable.* The question now is this - Are you sent to do what you are doing? *You must not send yourself. *Be the one that is sent! Sometimes, *between the call and the sending,* there will be many divine workings, instructions, and many things that God will want to fine-tune and clarify for you. So, *you need to wait, get everything clear before you move on with your commission. When He sends you, He will back you up and defend you.*

*A man that runs without being sent should be waiting for an embarrassing situation in the future.* God worked with the disciples in Mark 16:20 because they were sent. *A man that is sent by God will produce divine results.*

*PRAYER:* LORD, help me not to run a race that is not allotted to me in destiny. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 22:1-23:29; John 10:1-21; Psalm 115:1-18; Proverbs 15:18-19
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:04am On May 19, 2020
Tuesday, 19th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT WILL BE PATIENT WITH GOD TO WORK*
I Samuel 13: 10-12

A man that God will work with must be patient with God. *When a man is not patient with God, it disrupts divine activities in the life of such an individual.* Patience is required to succeed in ministry and life as a whole. *Patience is defined as the ability to deal with the passage of time while God is working out the details.* This is where several people have a challenge in their walk with God. *Patience is what enables a man to keep on with the last instruction he received from the Lord even in the face of difficult situations and circumstances.*

*Lack of patience will expose a child of God and get him or her to make avoidable mistakes.* This was the error of Saul. He wasn't patient enough to wait for Samuel, and it cost him generationally. A man that God will work with will allow God to work out his divine plans in his life. *There is a patience that we must allow for God to do all that he intends to do in us, with us and through us.* The words patience, longsuffering and endurance are triplets of the same father. You need *longsuffering* with men; you need *endurance* when you are dealing with the devil while *patience* is what you need when you are dealing with God.

The Bible says *you need patience after you have done the will of God, not before, after, so that you can obtain what He promised.* After you have done all that is to be legitimately done, then you stand and wait for the salvation of the Lord. *God will always come for you if you wait for Him.*

*PRAYER:* LORD, help me to wait for you while working out the details of my destiny. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 24:1-25:44; John 10:22-42; Psalm 116:1-19; Proverbs 15:20-21
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:31am On May 20, 2020
Wednesday, 20th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT VALUES FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD MORE THAN WITH MEN*
Mark 1:35

*It is a sign of wisdom to meet God before you start meeting men.* As a believer, *your intimacy with God is a major determinant if God will be able to work with you.* In the world, maturity is rated based on how much independence you have and how well you can handle matters with little or no supervision. However, in the kingdom, it is the direct opposite. *Your continuous dependence on God is what shows us how mature you are.*

You need to be aware that *one of the things that success in life and ministry wants to take away from you is your friendship and intimacy with God.* Don't allow the moves of God and the operations of the Holy Ghost in your life to separate you from your intimacy with God. *One of the battles you will have to fight as you begin to succeed in life and ministry is the battle of maintaining your friendship and intimacy with God.*

*It is in the place of intimacy that your instructions are clarified.* It is where God impregnates you with a divine vision for your life. You don't see a woman get pregnant in public, have you ever seen that before? Pregnancy always takes place in secret, and *the impregnation with the visions of God for our lives takes place in the place of intimacy.*

*The more success you have in ministry and life, the more directions you should seek from God.* This was where Joshua entered into trouble with the Gibeonites. Jezebel was no threat to Elijah when he was in his place. Elijah would always say _"As the Lord liveth, before whom I stand"._ No Jezebel could terrorize him in that place. But as soon as he was no longer standing before God, Jezebel sought to have him killed. It shows to us that all his strength came from where he was standing before the Lord.

*PRAYER:* LORD, help me to maintain a closer walk with you. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 26:1-28:25; John 11:1-54; Psalm 117:1-2; Proverbs 15:22-23
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 1:33pm On May 21, 2020
Thursday, 21st May 2020

*TOPIC: THE MAN THAT PUTS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE HOLY AND THE COMMON*
Ezekiel 44:23, Leviticus 10:8-11

The man that God will work with must be the man that is willing to show the difference between the holy and the common to people, his family and everybody around him. *I strongly believe that this is the first assignment of a servant of God to God's people; that is, to show them clearly, the difference between the holy and the common* because the heart of intractable problems between God and man is the confusion between what is holy and what is common. *When men treat what is holy as common, they are looking for serious trouble with heaven.* God knows that men naturally don't know the difference between the holy and the common, so He sent His servant, a minister, to first teach them and show them.

*A man that will not enter into trouble with God must treat as holy what God calls holy.* You remember the story of Belteshazzar, one of the kings of Babylon. This man didn’t die because he was drinking wine with his concubines but because he drank wine with the wrong cup. He had been drinking wine with better cups, golden cups, and more expensive things before that time, and God didn't mind. But a day came that his wine got to his head and he took of the hallowed vessels from the temple of Jerusalem to drink. Although, the temple had been pulled down, Israel had been dispersed, and they were in captivity, but God knew where every one of those cups were. They were holy and dedicated cups. As soon as they poured wine and drank from it, God appeared, judged him and he died that very night.

*Your tithe is holy, and it is different from other cash with you.* The musical equipment in your church is different from the ones a secular musician is using once they are dedicated to God. *The calling is sacred and cannot be treated as the same with your career.* The highest peak that a man can get to on the earth is in the calling that God placed on his life. You will retire from your career, but you will carry your calling to heaven.

*PRAYER:* LORD, help me to always recognize the difference between the holy and the common. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 1 Samuel 29:1-31:13; John 11:55-12:19; Psalm 118:1-18; Proverbs 15:24-26
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:11am On May 23, 2020
Saturday, 23rd May 2020

*TOPIC: LEARN THE PRINCIPLES NOT THE METHODS (1)*
1 SAMUEL 30:4-8, 1 SAMUEL 4: 1-3

God wants us to come to a place of understanding in our walk with Him that He is a person and not just a force somewhere. As a person, He wants us to have a relationship with Him. A deeper relationship with God exposes us to His ways and His thoughts. *God wants you and me to understand Him by principles and not methods. Practices without principles leads to mediocrity and brings shame. Practices without principles also can make God refuse to work.*

In the first passage above, David had gone to several wars before this particular occurrence. But in His walk with God, he had established that God works with principles; he had understood the nature and the person of God. If it were to be many believers of this generation, they would have just gone ahead into battle using one of the methods God had used in the past and they would fail. However, look at David in verse 8, he inquired of the Lord again if he should pursue after the troop. Why did he do that? *He knew God is a Person, and that you don’t relate with Him as an “it”. That was the secret of the perpetual victory David had in his days. So, God can refuse to work when you fail to understand this.*

When a Christian is faced with a contrary experience to our positions in Christ or the Bible, something is always responsible for that and we must seek to find out. Years ago, the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart that *if a Christian has an experience different from what God has promised, there are two things you can ask for: you can ask God to give you an apology or you can ask God to give you an explanation.* If you say God should give you an apology, you are saying God has failed you, *God has never failed anybody, and He is not going to start with you.* However, if you ask for an explanation, He will only be too glad to give you an explanation because He doesn't want us to continue in a state of confusion.

*PRAYER:* God, help me to strengthen my relationship with You so as to know You more. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 2 Samuel 2:12-3:39; John 13:1-30; Psalm 119:1-16; Proverbs 15:29-30
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 2:09pm On May 24, 2020
Sunday, 24th May 2020

*TOPIC: LEARN THE PRINCIPLES NOT THE METHODS (2)*
1 SAMUEL 4:1-3

Yesterday, we saw that *God wants us to have a “Person” relationship with Him and not treat Him as an “it”.* We also saw that when a child of God has a contrary experience to our positions in Christ or the Bible, there is always something responsible for it and a wise believer should seek to find out.

In 1 Samuel 4:2-3, the children of God were smitten before their enemy which was an experience contrary to Deuteronomy 28:7 that says, _“... they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.”_ They were smitten before the enemy and they asked the Lord “why” because they knew it wasn't the enemy that defeated them but the Lord. The enemy could not have defeated them because the only thing that could defeat God's people is anything that can defeat God Himself. *But if somehow, you saw God's people defeated, it means God allowed it to draw their attention to something.*

In this case, they didn’t wait for God to give them an explanation, they just concluded, “Let us force the hand of God, let us do something” and this is where you see the dangers of teachers that tell you methods to use without telling you the principles of God that back it up. *God is a Person and there are many things that we can do or that we have seen people do in the Bible that moved God.* However, someone else can do the same but God refuses to move and then the person begins to wonder, is it that God is partial? No! God is not partial, God is a Person.

The children of Israel, instead of looking for the Person to find out where they missed it, sought for the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD from Shiloh. They related with the ark as an inanimate object forgetting that it was God Almighty that chose to dwell in the Ark of the Covenant. *Our relationship with God is not an “it” relationship because God is not an “it.” He is a “He.” It is not an “it” that saves us or blesses us.*

*PRAYER:* I will not replace God for an “it” in my life. I will seek to know Him as a Person. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 2 Samuel 4:1-6:23; John 13:31-14:14; Psalm 119:17-32; Proverbs 15:31-32
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:12am On May 25, 2020
Monday, 25th May 2020

*TOPIC: HOW TO ESCAPE ERROR*
1 TIMOTHY 4:1

One of the things I teach believers is how to escape error in life and ministry. One of the ways we escape error is not to turn an instruction of God into a perpetual principle for ministry. *When people turn an instruction to a principle of ministering, they perpetuate error.*

This was where some ministers of God several generations ago that received genuine instructions from God missed it especially some of them that didn’t know the Bible very well. *Emblems such as water, handkerchiefs, olive oil and so on have been severely abused in some churches due to this error.* The man that received the instruction actually heard God but it was later turned into a perpetual principle for ministry.

The Israelites made a very significant mistake by linking God with an emblem of the power of God. The Ark of the Covenant was part of the religious life for the children of Israel. *Today, there are Christians that have replaced the Holy Spirit with some of the emblems that are given to us in the body of Christ.* The fact that God told you as a Minister to minister healing to some people in a particular way today in your ministry does not mean you should turn it to a permanent pattern for Him to heal all the sick people He brings across your path. *Avoid turning an instruction to a principle of ministering.*

It is in the nature of man, part of the consequence of the fall, to always look for a method or an idol to connect your faith with. Man is always looking for something that works to stay with it. However, *God is saying to us “I'm a Person, I want you to have a relationship with Me. The whole essence of giving you the Bible is for you to understand Me.”*

*PRAYER:* I choose to go with the truth of the scripture and not be led astray into errors in my generation. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 2 Samuel 7:1-8:18; John 14:15-31; Psalm 119:33-48; Proverbs 15:33
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:03am On May 26, 2020
Tuesday, 26th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE PRIORITY OF BUILDING A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD (1): RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD FIRST, BEFORE HIS WORD*
Acts 20:32, 2 Corinthians 3:6

Acts 20:32 - _And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified._

Previously, we mentioned that you cannot replace your relationship with the Holy Spirit with symbols of Christianity. *You cannot replace Him with old instructions that worked in the past. The children of Israel made this mistake.* The Ark of the Covenant had represented a major move of God in their history, and they began to think it was the ark doing the mighty acts of defeating their enemies. They thought if the ark was present, God was present with them. *We must not repeat the same mistake. We must understand that everything in Christianity is powerless without God. The bible is not different from any other book if you remove the Author from it.*

Acts 20:32 – _“I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace….”_ Paul did not first commend the people to the word of His grace, before commending them to the Author of the word of grace. Instead, he commended them to God first. Why? Because without God, the Author of the word, the bible becomes ordinary letters. *Reading the bible can be dangerous by itself without the Author breathing life through His words into your mind.*

2 Corinthians 3:6 _"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."_

There are examples of people that have read the bible, believed God called them and have gone to do insane things because they read the bible without the influence of the Author of the bible. *The letter by itself kills, but with the help of the spirit of God, the bible breathes life into you.*

*PRAYER:* Father, I build a deeper relationship with you and I receive the influence of your spirit upon my mind as I read your word, in Jesus Name. Amen.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 2 Samuel 9:1-11:27; John 15:1-27; Psalm 119:49-64; Proverbs 16:1-3
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:02am On May 27, 2020
Wednesday, 27th May 2020

*TOPIC: THE PRIORITY OF BUILDING A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD (2): ENCOUNTERS IN HIS PRESENCE*
2 CORINTHIANS 3:8

*Christianity is the only religion in the world that cannot survive without the founder being alive.* Every other religion says, “Let us sit down and discuss rules for men to observe that will constitute a religion”. *Christianity is not a discussion; it is an encounter with a living person. You must encounter and establish a living relationship with Jesus before you can participate and partake of Christianity.*

*If you have not encountered that same Jesus Christ, yet participating in Christianity, you are into religion.* A man can go to church seven times a week, give lots of funds to church, yet not be in a relationship with God. Every activity of the church is primarily for servicing our relationship with God. It is a means to an end; the end is an encounter with the person of God.

_“They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.”_

If you are a member of Zion, an appearance before God strengthens you. In His presence, you have encounters that touch you, affect you and change you.

*2 Corinthians 3:18*
_But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord._

*There is a spiritual dimension of the word of God that produces a change; nearer and nearer to the glory of God when you have the spirit of God. That only comes from a relationship with Him.*

*PRAYER:* Father, let me partake more and more of the glory of your presence through deeper encounters of your person.

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* 2 Samuel 12:1-31; John 16:1-33; Psalm 119:65-80; Proverbs 16:4-5
———-

Dearly beloved,

Jesus is Lord!
_______

www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

Copyright ©️ 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo’s Mother At Omega Fire Ministry To Beg Apostle Suleman (Pics) / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 279
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.