Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Spirit Meat Devotional - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Meat Devotional (51456 Views)

Spirit Meat Devotional January 13, : How To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotional For Jan. 10: Topic -how To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotion By Rev. Olusola Areogun- The Holy Spirit An The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:00am On Jan 14, 2019
SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN
Monday, 14th January, 2019

SUSTAINING DIVINE HELP WITH A POSITIVE THOUGHT LIFE (2)
ROMANS 8:11; PROVERBS 23:7; 1 CORINTHIANS 15:45-49

Your mind is the bridge between heaven (eternity) and earth (time). Your mind will either be heavenly or earthly, depending on your relationship with God. That is, it can be spiritual or it can be earthly. Either way, your thoughts affect you spiritually and physically.

Thoughts have a lot to do with the health of your bodies. Romans 8:11 says, “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life (Zoe) to your mortal (decaying) bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.” The only way that your body will be affected by the life of God in your spirit is by your thoughts.

Medical people tell us that people that worry endlessly are liable to any of the following happening to their bodies:
a)       Hair prematurely begins to grow white or fall off.
b)      They develop ulcers.
c)       Their faces grow worry lines or wrinkles like an old dress.
d)      Pressure is put on the nervous system and heart because of thoughts that are negative and have to do with failure.

The following are proofs from the Bible. Proverbs 23:7 says, “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.” Isaiah 26:3 (The Living Bible) says, “He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord.” Developing and maintaining a positive thought life is very crucial. The only way this is achieved is through deep and constant meditation on the Word of God coupled with training your mind to focus on God. Also, when you pray in tongues, you open yourself up to God and the Holy Ghost begins to renew your mind, thoughts and imaginations.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for renewing my mind through Your word. I cast down every thought and imagination contrary to your plan and purpose for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Genesis 30:1-31:16, Matthew 10:1-23, Psalm 12:1-8, Proverbs 3:13-15

www.spiritmeat.net
www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org
www.soundcloud.com/solaareogun
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun LiveSTREAMING
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:34am On Jan 15, 2019
TUESDAY, 15TH JANUARY, 2019

TOPIC: SUSTAINING DIVINE HELP WITH A POSITIVE THOUGHT LIFE (3)
PROVERBS 16:3; PHILIPPIANS 4:6-8

In our office when the ministry just started, I led the office workers and my associates in prayer every morning according to Proverbs 16:3: “Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.” We committed our individual work for the day unto God and asked Him to give us good thoughts that would help and motivate us to achieve our goals. We didn’t have any misunderstanding or disagreements in our office and the spirit of faith was in full operation. Everyone was excited and wanted to work for God and help advance His Kingdom. This is what I passed down to all staff members as the ministry grew over the years.

This also helped me in ministrations. Some years ago, I was called upon to pray for a terminal case at a teaching hospital and the devil asked me, “What will happen if the man does not get healed?” Thoughts of fear assailed me but I rejected them and went to God. Immediately the Holy Ghost began to fill my imagination with pictures of the man being healed and filled my mind with thoughts of good for the man.

I went to the hospital with boldness and shared the word with the man, he gave his heart to Jesus and I prayed for him. God took over and he was healed and discharged within two weeks. That is the power of positive thought life. I never permitted a thought in my heart that was contrary to the man getting up healed. Don’t let the devil deny you exploits of victory through thoughts of fear he throws at you. Banish fear and worry, rejoice always, think on positive things of faith and you will experience marvelous help.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to focus my thoughts on You in the midst of tests and trials. I need you every hour in this tempestuous sea of life. Hold my hand in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 31:17-32:12, Matthew 10:24-11:6, Psalm 13:1-6, Proverbs 3:16-18

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:42am On Jan 16, 2019
Wednesday, 16th January, 2019.

FAITH AND THE OPERATIONS IN THE SPIRIT REALM.
2 CORINTHIANS 5:7; HEBREWS 11:1,6; 1 JOHN 5:4.

Faith is not only the most important ingredient for you to enter the spirit realm, it is the one thing that you need to operate therein. In fact, 1 John 5:4 says faith is the victory in the spirit realm.

You will never understand the operation of faith until you understand the operational principles of the spirit realm. This is so since faith never deals with the physical realm but with the spirit realm. FAITH IS THE VICTORY! Faith is not the battle; it is the victory. The battle ground is a different ground entirely from the victory ground. Faith means you have won; it is standing on the plane of possession. Someone has rightly said that believing is not faith, but believing is taking an action while faith is the result of the action.
When you tune a radio and the receiver set to locate a station, you are in a process of searching, but immediately you locate the station you cease searching. You have what you want. That is like faith. It is arriving at a desired destination. Believing on the other hand is acting on the Word of God. Faith is allowing the Word of God to take over.

Hebrews 11:1 says faith is two things: ASSURANCE and EVIDENCE. Faith is not the battle. Faith is ‘having won the battle’ – it is the victory! Faith is not struggling; it is the assurance. The battle of faith is a battle against our reasons, thoughts and imaginations that proceed from our not-yet-renewed minds. When that battle is won, then faith is the assurance that you have of the answer. Faith is reaching forth into the spirit realm and bringing the realities there into the physical realm. Faith can do this because it sees those things.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank you for the provision of faith. I receive a physical manifestation of all won victories in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 32:13-34:31, Matthew 11:7-30, Psalm 14:1-7, Proverbs 3:19-20
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:06am On Jan 17, 2019
THURSDAY, 17TH JANUARY, 2019

TOPIC: A CHRISTIAN WITHOUT FAITH IS A HELPLESS CHRISTIAN
ROMANS 4:21, ROMANS 12:3

Abraham had the assurance. Until you have the assurance within you, you can’t have those things. Until you have the evidence of whatever you are asking for like a clear picture, your faith can’t operate because faith is not those things themselves but their evidence. It takes a win of the struggle with your not-yet-renewed mind to come to the place of full persuasion where you know that the thing is yours. At this point, you are no more struggling because you have it.

Faith in God will give you the victory. By faith through the agency of the Holy Spirit you can win in the spirit realm always. And when you have won there (in the spirit realm), you display the victory here (in the physical realm) for people to see. Many people try to be winners in life without first becoming winners in the spirit realm by faith through the Holy Ghost and God’s Word. You must win there (in the spirit realm) first of all before you win here (in the physical realm).

Faith is like the sense mechanism for your spirit. What the five senses do for you on the physical part is what faith does for you on the spiritual part. If you see a man in the physical realm without any of the five senses, he is disadvantaged and he can’t function effectively in the physical realm. Likewise, a Christian without faith will be at a disadvantage in the spirit realm; he can’t function there.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive wisdom to use the advantage of Faith for effective operations in life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 35:1-36:43, Matthew 12:1-21, Psalm 15:1-5, Proverbs 3:21-26

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 4:02am On Jan 18, 2019
FRIDAY, 18TH JANUARY, 2019

TOPIC: THE HELP OF THE WORD OF GOD
JOHN 6:63

Fill your heart with the Word of God. This will enable your thoughts to be filled with the things of heaven. The Bible is a spiritual book addressed to our spirits and not our intellects. You can enjoy and appreciate it with your intellect, but you can’t believe it or work with it using your intellect. By filling your heart daily with the Word, your spirit enlarges its capacity and influence in the spirit realm.

You must know that just as feeding your body with physical food and regular exercise will enlarge your body and increase its influence in the physical realm, your spirit can be enlarged as well. You have influence in the spirit realm if you are born-again and you can increase that influence by constant feeding of your spirit with the Word of God. The bigger your spirit, the bigger the influence it can exert in the spirit realm.

John 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” That is straight from Jesus Himself. When you connect yourself to the Word of God, you have connected yourself to the greatest power source in the whole universe. You can then control and change things, both in the spirit realm and in the physical realm.

PRAYER: Lord, I pray for the spirit of wisdom and understanding- that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened that I may know what the hope of your calling is, and what the riches of the glory of your inheritance is for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 37:1-38:30, Matthew 12:22-45, Psalm 16:1-11, Proverbs 3:27-32

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 4:26am On Jan 19, 2019
Saturday, 19th January, 2019

THE HELP THAT COMES WHEN YOU SPEAK IN TONGUES
1 CORINTHIANS 14:2-4, 11-12,21, JUDE 20

Apart from the Word of God, speaking in tongues is the other ingredient that increases the influence of your spirit in the spirit realm. That is why believers ought to speak in tongues as much as they can.
Speaking in tongues is by the agency of the Holy Spirit. I am persuaded that every believer should be filled with the Holy Ghost with the accompanying evidence of speaking in tongues. 

The Bible makes it very plain that speaking in tongues is peculiarly a New Testament experience. It is also a peculiar experience of only those who are born-again. This experience is also peculiar to the arrival of the Holy Ghost in the heart of a born-again person in a full measure. What this means is this: no one can speak in tongues without a full baptism of the Holy Ghost. Only those who are born-again and have received the baptism of the Holy Ghost will be able to speak in tongues.

Let me share some of the blessings of speaking in tongues with you:

1. It opens your spirit to the realities of the spirit realm. This is so since praying in tongues is your spirit praying.

2. It builds up your spirit for exploits as seen before in 1 Corinthians 14:2 and Jude 20.

3. It brings calm and quiet to your mind.

4. You are able to pray for things you never knew before or thought of as seen in 1 Corinthians 14:2. 

5. It helps you to pray longer, better and reduces your chances of selfishness in prayer.

Speaking in tongues when you have been filled with the Holy Ghost introduces a new dimension of operation in the spirit realm to your human spirit.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I receive sensitivity to yield to the pull of the Holy Spirit and I receive all helps available through speaking in tongues in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Genesis 39:1-41:16, Matthew 12:46-13:23, Psalm 17:1-15, Proverbs 3:33-35

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:01am On Jan 20, 2019
Sunday, 20th January, 2019

HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT COMES TO YOUR AID IN PRAYER
1 THESSALONIANS 5:17

The Bible says: “Pray without ceasing.” This verse has confused many people. It does not mean that you are to be praying always but that there should be an atmosphere of prayer around you; that is, you are ever ready to pray. Ephesians 3:20 speaks of two levels you can operate in as far as your prayer life is concerned: “Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” a) Vocalizing prayers and b) Thinking or imagining prayers.

The Holy Spirit introduces prayer thoughts into your mind. And do you know what? You find it easier to think bigger miracles than to ask for it. Some call it day-dreaming but I call it Scripture-dreaming. When you read the book of Psalms, you will get the idea that a continuous conversation that affects the earth is always going on between the Father and the Son, and David heard glimpses of such conversations. We refer to them as prophesies but David actually overheard a conversation going on in heaven.

The Holy Ghost maintains such a consciousness of prayer in you (if you allow Him) such that it will be possible for God at any time to drop prayer thoughts into your mind and you will deal with it. There have been days that I woke up with thoughts of someone on my spirit and I immediately began to pray for the person. I always make sure that the bulk of my prayer is in tongues and I speak in tongues almost at any place and anytime. You can get your spirit into such a prayer mood that there will be an atmosphere of prayer around you!

PRAYER: 
Holy Spirit, please take hold together with me in the place of prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Genesis 41:17-42:17, Matthew 13:24-46, Psalm 18:1-15, Proverbs 4:1-6

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:23am On Jan 21, 2019
MONDAY, 21ST JANUARY 2019

TOPIC: CULTIVATING A PRAYING HABIT
EPHESIANS 6:18

The only way to effect the injunction of Paul to pray without ceasing is to develop and maintain a praying habit. What exactly is a praying habit? The dictionary meaning of a habit is: Somebody’s settled practice especially something that cannot easily be given up; or usual behaviour or second nature.

That is to say that a praying habit will be a settled practice of prayer that can’t easily be given up. It can also be defined as “your second nature”. Can you imagine when people think of you and they think of prayer? It is like you can say prayer becomes an addiction for you. You are dedicated to prayer so much that to break it or stop it will bring you discomfort. For many Christians, to pray at all gives them discomfort, but you can form a praying habit such that if you don’t pray in a day you wouldn’t feel like you are alright. How can you do this? You begin by cultivating it like you develop a taste for a dish.

a) First, whip up your interest in prayer. Think good thoughts on prayer. Read the biography of great prayer warriors of God. Feed your interest on a prayer diet. Convince yourself that prayer will do you more good than harm.

b) Speak of it to yourself. Tell yourself you will do it. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you will pray.

c) Discipline your flesh to start. Never procrastinate on whether to start or not. Begin to pray immediately.

d) Create a special place, a special time, a particular duration and keep to it. It is like some people who keep a favourite seat at home where they relax. This step is the most important.

PRAYER: Lord, rekindle afresh in me the fire upon my prayer altar in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 42:18-43:34, Matthew 13:47-14:12, Psalm 18:16-36, Proverbs 4:7-10

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:54am On Jan 22, 2019
TUESDAY, 22ND JANUARY 2019

TOPIC: WHEN YOU FEEL DRY, DOES IT MEAN THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS LEFT?
JOHN 14:16, EPHESIANS 5:18-20

The key word here is ‘feel’. You did not receive a feeling when you received the Holy Ghost; you received a divine Person. As real as Jesus is to you, so is the Holy Ghost and His indwelling presence ought to be as real as the cloth you put on. He NEVER leaves. For Him to leave would mean you have committed the unpardonable sin. But when you do wrong or sin, you grieve Him and He withdraws His comfort but not His presence. At that time, you begin to operate under a Divine frown until you repent. The Holy Spirit ceases to cooperate with you until you change.

Let me give you this example of a mother and her son. The son offended the mother and the mother frowned at him but the son refused to apologise. Later in the day, the boy did everything to please the mother but all he saw was a frown. Then he burst into tears and apologized. Immediately the smile returned and the embrace came. While the boy was refusing to apologise, he lost the mother’s comfort but not her presence. If fire should break out in that house, the mother would save that boy first. I like to think of the Holy Ghost as my mother.

Let me share some tips with you on how to handle this feeling. From Ephesians 5:18-20

a) Take the Psalms and begin to speak them to yourself. Say them out and loud.

b) Begin to worship God. Start singing songs of worship to Him.

c) Remind yourself of past mercies of God to you in a personal way.

d) Don’t condemn yourself or search for sins when there is none.

e) Learn to be thankful all the time.

Before you know it, after about ten minutes of doing the above, you would already be enjoying the Holy Spirit.

PRAYER: Lord, I pray for a renewed fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Help me to be a son that pleases the Father always, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 44:1-45:28, Matthew 14:13-36, Psalm 18:37-50, Proverbs 4:11-13

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:49am On Jan 23, 2019
WEDNESDAY, 23RD JANUARY 2019

TOPIC: HOLY SPIRIT’S MINISTRY TO THE BELIEVER IN PRAYER (1)
JOHN 14:26

1. THE HOLY SPIRIT REMINDS THE BELIEVER OF SCRIPTURES TO USE WHILE PRAYING.

People have asked me how I can quote scriptures when I preach. I always tell them that I am in a partnership with the Holy Ghost: my part is to prepare myself and my message while His part is to bring to my remembrance the scriptures. He also unfolds the revelation of the scriptures. He quickens (or makes to come alive) scriptures to you. Read Hebrews 4:12 and Ephesians 6:17b

These two verses look very similar, yet they are very different. The Greek for “the word” in Hebrews 4:12 is “Logos” while the Greek for “the word” in Ephesians 6:17b is “Rhema”. Hebrews 4:12 speaks of the entire Word of God, the whole scriptures or the written word, but Ephesians 6:17 speaks of that word that is quickened and revealed to you at the point of need.

The whole Word of God is full of life but it is the verse or word that is revealed to you so that the life deposited in it is released into your life that becomes a sword for your spirit for the occasion. Such quickening comes when your spirit has taken time to brood upon the word prayerfully and then like a mother hen, the Holy Spirit hatches the word for your immediate use.

2. THE HOLY SPIRIT ILLUMINATES OUR HEARTS IN PRAYER.

We do not pray in the dark concerning the mind of God when we pray in the Spirit. He floods our hearts with solutions to life’s problem in the place of prayer.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive your ministry in my prayer life to illuminate my life in the place of prayer and bring scriptures to my remembrance in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 46:1-47:31, Matthew 15:1-28, Psalm 19:1-14, Proverbs 4:14-19

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:26am On Jan 25, 2019
Friday, 25th January, 2019.

THE HOLY SPRIT: YOUR EVER-PRESENT HELP.
ROMANS 8:26; PSALMS 46:1.

Every human being has one infirmity or weakness of personality or the other by virtue of the fall of man. The only man who had no infirmity was the Lord Jesus Himself. When you realize that there is a hindrance in your flesh to the full enjoyment of the things that your spirit is sharing in the Holy Ghost, it leads to a groaning from deep within.

Some people labour under a limitation of an inferiority which may be due to some circumstances of birth and upbringing. This is a weakness of personality. When such people get born-again, they need to allow the Holy Ghost to take hold together with them against such infirmity. Some people have an infirmity of an over-scrupulous conscience – they always labour under a cloud of condemnation, but the Holy Spirit helps our infirmities. He will take hold together with you against the infirmity and heal you of it.

Never allow your peculiar infirmity to become an excuse for your failures in life. The Holy Spirit is your ever-present help against the infirmity. He will take hold together with you against it. Allow Him. The Holy Spirit will never take hold together with our infirmity alone! HE WILL ONLY TAKE HOLD TOGETHER WITH YOU AGAINST YOUR INFIRMITIES. We need to learn how He does this work and consciously present our infirmities to Him, cooperate with Him as He takes hold with us against these infirmities and they will be removed.

You must note that nowhere does the Bible refer to sickness as an infirmity or weakness. Sickness is something the devil has brought that you should reject and claim your healing. Tomorrow, we shall see how the Holy Spirit takes hold together with you against those infirmities.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the Help of the Holy Spirit, taking hold together with me against my infirmities in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Genesis 50:1 - Exodus 2:10, Matthew 16:13-17:9, Psalm 21:1-13, Proverbs 5:1-6

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 3:32am On Jan 26, 2019
SATURDAY, 26TH JANUARY, 2019.

TOPIC: HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT HELPS YOUR INFIRMITIES (1)
ROMANS 8:26 (TLB)

First, He takes our burdens and transfers them to the Throne of Grace where Jesus our High Priest is interceding for us. Then Jesus takes these burdens AS HIS PERSONAL REQUEST TO HIS FATHER. He says, “Father, I have a favour to ask of You.” Can you imagine the Father refusing Jesus anything? Not at all! All this, remember, has been transacted from spirit to spirit. The Holy Ghost takes all of my pains, my sorrows, my frustrations, my heartaches and my hurts; and presents them to Jesus and He replaces these with His comfort, His strength, and the joy of Jesus.

Have you ever been in the place that your heart is full, really burdened and you don’t know how to put the feeling in your heart into words? I mean there is such a depth of feeling in your heart but you don’t know how to put it into words. It is a place where you search for the right words and you know that the entire vocabulary of any known language will not be adequate to express the feelings of your heart, and maybe tears have flown freely. You know what I mean? I have been there many times.

Whatever peculiar weakness of personality or character you seem to have, the Holy Spirit will take hold together with you against that weakness. He takes over your burden and groaning and presents them in (or converts them to) a language that ONLY THREE PERSONS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE CAN DECIPHER – God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. It is in this language, which the Bible says “is not articulate speech” that the Holy Spirit presents to Jesus our High Priest who ever lives to intercede for us. Jesus in turn presents them to the Father “as His personal need”.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the ministry of the Holy Spirit to bear my pains and infirmities and replace them with your comfort, strength and joy in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 2:11-3:22, Matthew 17:10-27, Psalm 22:1-18, Proverbs 5:7-14

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2019
SUNDAY, 27TH JANUARY, 2019.

TOPIC: HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT HELPS YOUR INFIRMITIES (2)
ZECHARIAH 4:6-7, 2 CORINTHIANS 12:9A, ROMANS 5:17

Secondly, the Bible says in Ephesians 4:7 that a DEPOSIT OF GRACE has been made into the life account of each believer. That is, all the grace we need to make it in life from the time we are born-again till the rapture has been deposited to our account, but we daily need to be able to tap into this deposit for our daily use. It is the ministry of the Holy Ghost to impart fresh grace to our spirits and souls every time we pray with His help – that is in tongues.

Many people think of grace in terms of the unmerited favour of God only; this is a narrow conception of the grace of God. The grace of God is the operational power of God released into a person’s life that gives him that extra edge which he needs to put him over in life’s battle.

From Zechariah 4:6-7, you see that God first says success and victory is by the Holy Ghost’s presence and then He talks of speaking grace to a situation? The Holy Ghost by His ministry to a believer in prayer brings the grace that you need.

Remember Paul in Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. “The literal translation of that verse is, “I have power for all things through Him who puts a dynamo in me.” That dynamo is the Holy Spirit. The power He generates is GRACE. This place makes it clear that grace is much more than the unmerited favour of God. It is through the active working of grace with a clear understanding of your righteousness or right standing with God that you as a believer can reign in this life.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive divine help to fill the circle of Grace that the ministry of the Holy Spirit has drawn for me by commensurate work in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 4:1-5:21, Matthew 18:1-20, Psalm 22:19-31, Proverbs 5:15-21

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:42am On Jan 28, 2019
Monday, 28th January, 2019

HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT HELPS YOUR INFIRMITIES (3)
JOHN 14:26 (AMP)

Thirdly, He comforts us by speaking to our hearts words of encouragement. Because of the use of the word “comfort” in day-to-day living, we have developed a narrow conception of the Person and ministry of the Holy Spirit as the Comforter.

Comfort in the New Testament term means much more than whatever our modern English word “comfort” can convey, especially when it relates to the work and Person of the Holy Spirit. When we talk of the Holy Spirit and His work, it conveys the following thoughts:

a) To be empowered 

b) To enable

c) To be strengthened

I like the thought of William Berkeley on this translation of the Greek word “parakletos” into the word “Comforter”. He was certainly not saying that the sole, or even the main function of the Holy Spirit is to comfort and console in our sense of words; rather he meant that the function of the Holy Spirit is to fill a man with that spirit of power and courage which would make him able to triumphantly cope with life. “That kind of comfort and consolation in distress which keeps a man on his feet, when, if left to himself, would collapse. It is the comfort which enables a man to pass the breaking point and not break.”

Have you ever come across some human beings who always have a word of encouragement on their lips? They never discourage you. The Holy Spirit does a better job than that. He never discourages. If you will learn to turn to Him in times of crisis, you will find that He is always there with a word of encouragement.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I receive the three-fold comforting operations of the Holy Spirit- Divine Empowerment, enablement and strengthening in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Exodus 5:22-7:25, Matthew 18:21-19:12, Psalm 23:1-6, Proverbs 5:22-23

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 1:28am On Jan 29, 2019
Tuesday, 29th January, 2019

HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT COMFORTS YOU
JOB 4:3-4, JOHN 16:13

Job 4:3-4 (Septuagint)
3 For whereas thou hast instructed many, and hast strengthened the hands of the weak one, 
4 AND HAST SUPPORTED THE FAILING WITH WORDS, and hast imparted courage to feeble knees.

This is the secret: He does it by speaking words to you. He speaks such words of power to your heart that puts you on your feet and makes you face life like a victor. He imparts courage to your heart by speaking words to you.
Take time to hear what the Holy Ghost is saying. That is the only way you’ll be able to face life. That is His means of strengthening, enabling and empowering you. If it were not for this ministry of the blessed Spirit, none of us would have been able to handle life.

The effort it would cost you to wait on the Holy Spirit in order to hear Him is worth more than all the wealth of the earth put together. Take time off to hear the Comforter and you will never lack the courage to face life.  He will always put you over.

Man was never created to operate alone. A major component of the existence of man that God put in place at creation is his relationship with Divinity. The Fall of man brought a separation between God and man and Jesus came on earth to mend this broken bridge. When Jesus was leaving the earth, He promised the coming of the third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, as the One to continue that linkage with the Father on earth while He advocates for us before the Father in heaven.

PRAYER: 
Lord I receive hearing ears to hear the comforting words of the Holy Spirit at every junction of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Exodus 8:1-9:35, Matthew 19:13-30, Psalm 24:1-10, Proverbs 6:1-5

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:52am On Jan 31, 2019
WEDNESDAY, 30TH JANUARY, 2019.

TOPIC: MY HELP IN THE GOD-ZONE OF LIFE
PSALM 27:1-3, HEBREWS 13:5-6, PROVERBS 14:12

The Holy Spirit comes as an extension to your common sense because sometimes your common sense will tell you “this is okay” but the Bible says there is a way that seemeth right to a man (i.e. to our common sense) but the end of it is perdition. Only the Holy Spirit can give us the knowledge of the end of a road, the end of a course of action, choice or decision.

Some of us have to make some life-changing decisions like the choice of a marriage partner. It is a risk, no doubt, but it is a safe risk if the Holy Spirit is involved in the choice.

However, if the Holy Spirit is not involved, it is not a safe risk. Only God knows the man or woman that will do you good because our senses have their desires and tastes but when you are dealing with human beings, you need the help of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit comes in when we enter the supernatural zones of life where the knowledge and ability of man becomes inadequate or irrelevant in dealing with what we face. Supernatural zones point to the supernatural world that pre-dates and controls the physical world we see. These are the God-zones of life, and you must make sure you never enter those zones of life without your Helper, the Holy Spirit.

Many Christians are not using all the resources that are available to them in the Omniscience of the Holy Spirit and you must not be part of them. Developing your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit pays eternal dividends.

PRAYER: Holy Spirit, lead me in this life’s maze. Help me scale the heights where others fall in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 10:1-12:13, Matthew 20:1-28, Psalm 25:1-15, Proverbs 6:6-11

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendA

SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN*
THURSDAY 31ST, JANUARY, 2019.

TOPIC HOW NOT TO RELATE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT - JOHN 16:13-16, ZECHARIAH 4:4-7

When the Holy Spirit wants to help you, you must have a heart that receives the help He is bringing. When two people have the same level of intelligence, the man that can access the help and information that the Holy Spirit is bringing will have an advantage. The enemy may have set traps but if you will escape, you will need to be attuned to His voice and obey. You may not know what the enemy has planned but if you have an unbroken link with the One who sees it all, then you are safe.

Information and revelation are two different things. Information has lots of details but revelation contains conclusions. When the Holy Spirit brings divine information in order to help you and give you advantage in life, He doesn’t explain Himself therefore you must learn to obey in dealing with Him. Prompt obedience is important when it comes to divine communications.

A superior doesn’t give explanations to the junior. He gives conclusions. Don’t relate with the Holy Spirit like your wife or your children because if you do that, you are likely going to get in trouble. If He sees it fit, He may give you reasons but if not, you just obey because we are called to obey. This generation of believers must be careful of the “King’s kid” mentality that makes many Christians live in disobedience and irreverence to kingdom principles.

Airplanes and cars will still crash because of the fall of Adam but believers must ensure they are not partakers of such evils by listening to the Holy Spirit who shows us things before they happen and gives us escape routes out of situations that we cannot handle.
PRAYER: Holy Spirit, I’m sorry for days I despised your leading. Henceforth, I will obey your leading in my life, so help me God. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 12:14-13:16, Matthew 20:29-21:22, Psalm 25:16-22, Proverbs 6:12-15

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:31am On Feb 01, 2019
*SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN*
FRIDAY 1ST, FEBRUARY, 2019.

TOPIC: A CALL TO EFFECTIVE PRAYER (1) - MATTHEW 6:5-8

This year holds many things in the womb of the Holy Spirit and it is important to revisit your effectiveness in the place of prayer. Prayer is a very common, yet misunderstood subject. A man of God once said that to know how to pray is more important than having a university degree; while he was not disparaging higher education, he was calling the children of God to the realization of their power with God.

Prayer is something almost everybody does. While most people want their prayers answered, most Christians don't know whether their prayers have been answered and many don't even care. I believe that the Holy Spirit wants me to deal with the subject of prayer this month. Many believers don’t know that some prayers are not answerable. Regardless of how much you shout or shake your head, if you are praying against the laws established by God, your prayers will go unanswered.

From a biblical point of view, many believers are complaining instead of praying effectively. Complaining is something unwelcomed in heaven. There’s no complaint bureau in the presence of God but our heavenly Father is concerned about His children and He is willing to answer their prayers. I believe God that as we go through the different matters that lead to effective prayer, you will get answers to questions you may have had about prayer and that your prayer life will never be the same.
PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from folly in the place of prayer. Show me where I may be missing it in prayer this month in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 13:17-15:18, Matthew 21:23-46, Psalm 26:1-12, Proverbs 6:16-19

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2019
Saturday, 2nd February, 2019.

TOPIC: A CALL TO EFFECTIVE PRAYER (2)
1 JOHN 3:22; 5:14-15

The first thing you need to establish about prayer is that there are laws to answered prayers. Not all prayers are answerable. Not all prayers get an audience with God. From today’s text (1 John 5:14), one major key to answered prayers is to secure divine audience. This verse also tells you that it is only the prayer that is prayed according to the will of God that God hears. What this means is that God does not hear any prayer that is not according to His will.

1 John 5: 15 says, “If we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we asked of Him.” The opposite will also be true that if we don’t know that He hears us, whatsoever we ask, we don't know that we have the petition that we have desired. Therefore, once you are sure that God has heard you, then you are sure that He has answered your prayers.
In the first place, God will only hear answerable prayers. A prayer is answerable because it is the will of God. As we go on in this month, make it your goal, not to be a prayer warrior but a prayer champion who is a master at effective prayers and you will always receive answers to your prayers. Prayer is asking and it is very different from begging or complaining.

Effective prayer entails:
1) Reminding God of His promises.

2) Listening to the Holy Spirit's instructions.

3) Thanking God that He has already done what you are asking for.

4) Asking as you desire.

5) Casting your care of the answer on God.

6) Speaking the answer.

PRAYER:
Lord, I thank You for I know that You hear me as I ask what You have revealed in Your word for my well-being in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 15:19-17:7, Matthew 22:1-33, Psalm 27:1-6, Proverbs 6:20-26

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:24am On Feb 03, 2019
SUNDAY 3RD, FEBRUARY, 2019.

TOPIC: SIGNS THAT SHOW YOU ARE NOT PRAYING BUT ONLY COMPLAINING (1)
PSALM 73:1-17

If you dare to listen to what people say when they pray, you will hear unprintable things. The following behaviours will position you as a complainer in the presence of God:

1. Describing the problem to God: If you find yourself describing the problem you are going through to God, you are not praying, you are simply complaining.

2. Repeating what the devil has said in prayer: May be the devil has told you that the pain in your body is cancer; don’t utter it to God in prayer. Praying includes listening to the Holy Spirit and not listening to the devil. Praying is reminding God of His promises and not repeating to God what the devil has said about the problem.

3. Presenting your opinions to God: God has said something concerning every issue of life. It is your responsibility to find out what God has said in His word about what you are passing through. One of the reasons God has set anointed pastors in the Church is to teach people how to apply the Word of God to everyday life.

You don’t need a pastor that accepts your opinion about what you are passing through. If you don't have a pastor that is born again, anointed of God, Holy Ghost-led, teaches the Bible, practices the Bible and believes God is a prayer-answering God, you may find yourself in big trouble. Believers need answers to prayers to overcome many crises and negative situations that we face in this world.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from tendency to complain in prayer. I refuse to repeat what the devil is telling me; I choose your perspective about what I am facing in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 17:8-19:15, Matthew 22:34-23:12, Psalm 27:7-14, Proverbs 6:27-35

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:11am On Feb 04, 2019
Monday, 4th February, 2019

SIGNS THAT SHOW YOU ARE NOT PRAYING BUT ONLY COMPLAINING (2)
MARK 10:47-51

Today, we will continue studying the behaviours that make you to be perceived as a complainer in the presence of God.

4. Wondering why God has not yet answered: If you have ever found yourself wondering why God has not answered your prayer, don’t let it become the song you are singing to God. Sometimes you may cry in the presence of God but you need to know you are complaining. There is no complaint bureau in heaven and if you are sure that you have asked in the place of prayer according to His Word, start thanking Him that He has already done it.
Believers complain when they are not sure God has heard their prayers. Once you are sure that you have come to God according to the laid down principles in the Bible, you can be sure He has heard your prayers. If you will achieve success in prayer, don't relate with God based on your feeling or based on your circumstance. The way you can profitably relate with God is through His Word. Once you have prayed according to His will, He has heard and answered and divine process for your answer is set in motion. As you thank God, your answer will manifest in due time.

5. Praying generalized prayer: Bartimæus’ prayer in Mark 10:47 was a generalized prayer. He shouted saying, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” When Jesus came to him, He asked him to be specific: “What do you want Me to do for you?” In the same way, what EXACTLY are you asking for from the Lord?

PRAYER: 
Lord, deliver me from complaining and vagueness in the place of prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Exodus 19:16-21:21, Matthew 23:13-39, Psalm 28:1-9, Proverbs 7:1-5

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:10am On Feb 05, 2019
Tuesday, 5th February, 2019

SIGNS THAT SHOW YOU ARE NOT PRAYING BUT ONLY COMPLAINING (3)
MATTHEW 6:6-9

Today, we will consider the remaining behaviours that make you a complainer before God.

6. Using vain repetitions: Some people believe that unless they pray and repeat their prayers several times, they are not praying. That is not praying but complaining. I have heard some people praying by simply repeating, “Lord do it” for several minutes. You should do better. Our Lord Jesus specifically rebuked those who were involved in vain repetitions.

7. Praying the same matter over and over again: If you have genuinely prayed according to God’s word, you need to be assured that God has heard you and you begin to thank Him afterwards until the manifestation of your answer comes.

8. Trying to pester God to change His mind: Many people believe that if you don't pester and disturb God, He won't change His mind and give you what you are asking for. That is a very wrong mindset that was formed during the upbringing years of several people. If when you were young you had to pester your dad and disturb him up to the point that he gave you your request in order to get rid of you, that is what you will transfer into your relationship with God. That is how many people deal with God. They have the mentality that, “When I disturb God enough, He will give me what I want just to ‘get rid of me’.” No, that's not praying. God doesn't want that.

PRAYER: 
Lord, forgive me for complaining in Your presence. From today, I commit myself to approach you in faith and believe that You have answered me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Exodus 21:22-23:13, Matthew 24:1-28, Psalm 29:1-11, Proverbs 7:6-23

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:03am On Feb 06, 2019
Wednesday, 6th February 2019.

TOPIC: WHAT COMPLAINING IN PRAYER WILL DO TO YOU (1)
NUMBERS 11:1-3; JOB 3:1-21

For the past three days, we have been considering the subject of complaining in the place of prayer. In the presence of God, some behaviours position you as a complainer. Today, we will start by assessing the consequences of complaining in the place of prayer.

Most people don't know that they are actually complaining when they pray, but knowing that will help you avoid this problem. This is more so because prayer brings power into your life but complaining brings problems into your life by opening you up for the devil’s assault.

1. Complaining makes you displeasing to God: Since it is not of faith because the Bible says in Hebrews 11:6, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” When you don’t walk in the reality of the Truth that God exists and He is a rewarder of people that diligently seek Him, you will begin to complain. Most people are ignorantly and sincerely complaining but they think that they are really praying.

2. Complaining destroys faith: Job complained and he was overwhelmed (Job 3:1-21). The children of Israel complained, displeased God and it destroyed their faith in Numbers chapter 14 verse 1-4. Complaining destroys your ability to believe God further. It incapacitates your ability to believe God. It doesn't display faith or your knowledge that God is good. On the other hand, prayer is reminding God of His promises, listening to the Holy Spirit and thanking God for the answer to prayer. Prayer is expecting the result and speaking the answer.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from every corrosion of my faith as a result of complaining during prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 23:14-25:40, Matthew 24:29-51, Psalm 30:1-12, Proverbs 7:24-27

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:16am On Feb 07, 2019
The Spirit Meat Daily Devotional Guide

WHAT COMPLAINING IN PRAYER WILL DO TO YOU (1) - NUMBERS 11:1-3; JOB 3:1-21
By Rev. Olusola & Rev. Oyenike Areogun

For the past three days, we have been considering the subject of complaining in the place of prayer. In the presence of God, some behaviours position you as a complainer. Today, we will start by assessing the consequences of complaining in the place of prayer.

Most people don't know that they are actually complaining when they pray, but knowing that will help you avoid this problem. This is more so because prayer brings power into your life but complaining brings problems into your life by opening you up for the devil’s assault.

1. Complaining makes you displeasing to God: Since it is not of faith because the Bible says in Hebrews 11:6, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” When you don’t walk in the reality of the Truth that God exists and He is a rewarder of people that diligently seek Him, you will begin to complain. Most people are ignorantly and sincerely complaining but they think that they are really praying.

2. Complaining destroys faith: Job complained and he was overwhelmed (Job 3:1-21). The children of Israel complained, displeased God and it destroyed their faith in Numbers chapter 14 verse 1-4. Complaining destroys your ability to believe God further. It incapacitates your ability to believe God. It doesn't display faith or your knowledge that God is good. On the other hand, prayer is reminding God of His promises, listening to the Holy Spirit and thanking God for the answer to prayer. Prayer is expecting the result and speaking the answer.
PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from every corrosion of my faith as a result of complaining during prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 23:14-25:40, Matthew 24:29-51, Psalm 30:1-12, Proverbs 7:24-27
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:34am On Feb 07, 2019
THURSDAY, 7TH FEBRUARY 2019.

*TOPIC: WHAT COMPLAINING IN PRAYER WILL DO TO YOU (2)*
NUMBERS 21:4-6; PSALM 78:26-31

Today, we continue to see the consequences of being a complainer in the presence of God.

*3. Complaining stirs up the anger of God:* While every human being needs the favour of God for a life of victory, complaining kindles the anger of God against a man. *God wants to favour you as His child, but when you begin to complain, it stirs up His anger.* When God is displeased, His anger is stirred up. That is what happened to the children of Israel. When they stirred up His anger, the fire of the Lord burnt and consumed them and destruction began in earnest (Num. 21:4-6).

*Don't let God answer you in His displeasure.* When the children of Israel pestered God for a king in the days of Saul, the Bible says He gave them a king in His anger and He took the king away in His anger. Also, when the children of Israel cried and yielded to their lust, God gave them food that wasn't His plan for them and while they ate the food, it brought leanness to their soul (Psalm 78:26-31). *Don't complain, rejoice!*

*4. Complaining sows problem into your heart as a seed:* The words of your mouth are seeds into your heart. Whatever finds its way into your heart will be reproduced in your life. *If you are fond of complaining in the place of prayer, you are sowing wrong seeds into your heart.* Complaining sows the problem deeper into your heart; avoid it like a plague.

*PRAYER:* Lord, I thank You for showing me the evil of complaining. I refuse to be a complainer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Exodus 26:1-27:21, Matthew 25:1-30, Psalm 31:1-8, Proverbs 8:1-11

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:10am On Feb 08, 2019
FRIDAY, 8TH FEBRUARY 2019

*TOPIC: WHAT COMPLAINING IN PRAYER WILL DO TO YOU (3)*
NUMBERS 11:1-3; JOB 3:1-21

Today, we will continue to shed light on the consequences of complaining in the place of prayer:

*5. Complaining unleashes demons in your affairs, instead of angels:* The words of your mouth will either loose angels to work for you or loose demons to work against you. When you complain saying, “Oh God, why have you not answered my prayers…?” you are loosing demons to work and permitting that problem to continue in your life. Avoid saying such things from today.

Don't ever permit yourself to complain in the presence of God because God is eternally good. *God has never failed anybody and He is not going to start with you.* If you prayed according to the will of God, it's time for you to believe that He has heard your prayer and start thanking Him for it. _For He's faithful that promised and He will do it_ (Heb. 10:23).

Thank God for the angels because they are there. They are the ones that work to create answers to our prayers in the physical world and they can do what no man can do. *When you start thanking God, angels get to work on your behalf but when you complain, demons are empowered to work against you.*

*PRAYER:* Lord, I ask that You forgive me in any way I have set demonic operations in motion with my words. I declare divine reversal in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Exodus 28:1-43, Matthew 25:31-26:13, Psalm 31:9-18, Proverbs 8:12-13

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:23am On Feb 09, 2019
SATURDAY, 9TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: WHAT COMPLAINING IN PRAYER WILL DO TO YOU (4)
NUMBERS 13:27-33; 14:6-9

6. Complaining magnifies the problem: Complaining multiplies the problem in your mind and imagination. When you complain, the problem is magnified like a mountain and your faith shrinks. On the other hand, when you thank God, God is magnified. The Bible says magnify the Lord with your words because when you magnify Him, He looks bigger to you, your situation and your faith begins to rise. The size and strength of your faith is a reflection of your revelation of God’s ability and might.

When you begin to complain, a small problem begins to look big and assumes disproportionate size in your life and in your thoughts until you give up. In today’s Bible text, you saw how the children of Israel complained to their destruction. They complained of the giants in the land and saw themselves as grasshoppers in their sight. They could not enter the Promised Land because they complained. This was a magnified problem.

In the same situation, facing the same giants, Caleb and Joshua did not complain. Their revelation of God was bigger than the giants. However, to the other people that complained, the giants were bigger than their God. If you complain, it makes your problem bigger than God, but when you imbibe the habit of thanking God, it makes God bigger than your problems and before you know it, your problem will disappear because of the divine process you have set in motion.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive a garment of praise and thanksgiving in all situations. I cut down to size, every problem magnifying itself due to my complaints in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 29:1-30:10, Matthew 26:14-46, Psalm 31:19-24, Proverbs 8:14-26

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:50am On Feb 10, 2019
Sunday, 10th February, 2019

WHAT COMPLAINING IN PRAYER WILL DO TO YOU (5)
JOB 23:1-9; MALACHI 3:6; HEBREWS 13:8

7. Complaining confuses you further.
When believers complain in prayer, they get more confused: “Does God really answer prayers? Maybe it's not for me, maybe it's for another person.” These are the kinds of prayers that the devil fills your mind with in order to confuse you. Complaining gets you out of the light of the word of God into the darkness of human opinions, unbelief and all sorts of lies of the devil that wrap a man up in the spirit of confusion. In some cases, this satanic confusion can be so much that the individual may forget his/her name. 

There are people that pray themselves into confusion. Such wouldn’t know when they start saying that God has failed them and doesn't love them anymore which is not correct. If God answered the prayer of someone yesterday, there's nothing like He's not going to do the same for you because the Bible says God is no respecter of persons. (Acts. 10:34). For God to do something for someone in the Bible and be unwilling to do it for you today (if you do what that Bible personality did) is to say that God has respect of persons, but He doesn't.

In the book of Job, Job said he would fill his mouth with arguments and complaints, but what happened? He couldn't find God (Job 23:1-9). He said he turned to the right, He was not there, he turned to the left, He was not there and the problem began to get magnified until God began to correct Job. You need to learn how to pray correctly and not enter into complaints.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I thank you for what You have done for me. I refuse the tendency to complain and I embrace a life of thanksgiving. I shut down every confusion arising from previous complaints in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Exodus 30:11-31:18, Matthew 26:47-68, Psalm 32:1-11, Proverbs 8:27-32

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:05am On Feb 11, 2019
MONDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: WHAT COMPLAINING IN PRAYER WILL DO TO YOU (6)
1 JOHN 5:14

Today, we will conclude on the consequences of complaining in the place of prayer.

8. Complaining will fertilize the problem.

God doesn't want you to fertilize your problems. Complaints serve as fertilizer for the problems in the lives of people that complain, while thanksgiving is the fertilizer for answers to problems in the lives of others that do it. When you have prayed, then begin to thank God.

My goal in this month’s Spirit Meat is to help you discover the principles that govern prayers that get answered by God. God doesn’t answer all kinds of prayer; if you will receive answers to your prayer, you need to heed these truths. There's a difference between mere prayer and answered prayers. We want to see the laws that govern answered prayers because according to 1 John 5:14, if God can hear your prayer, He has answered that prayer. You don't need any further proof that your prayer is answered other than the proof that God has heard it and the only way that you can know God has heard it is if you prayed according to the will of God.

What you need is the fertilizer that leads to answered prayers. Be diligent to ensure that every time you pray to God, you are not involved in describing your problem to God, repeating what the devil has said to God in prayer, presenting your opinions to God or wondering why God has not yet answered. In addition to these: avoid praying generalized prayer, don’t use vain repetitions, don’t pray the same matter over and over again and avoid pestering God to change His mind. Align your prayer to His will.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for revealing Your mind to me on prayer. I refuse to be a complainer in the name of Jesus. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 32:1-33:23, Matthew 26:69-27:14, Psalm 33:1-11, Proverbs 8:33-36

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:20am On Feb 12, 2019
Tuesday, 12th February, 2019

REVISITING WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT PRAYER
LUKE 11:1-4; MATTHEW 6:8-13

Today, we will revisit what our Lord Jesus Christ said concerning the subject of prayer. The Bible is the best guidebook on the subject of prayer. You don't pray according to your opinion or tradition; if you will get answers to your prayers, you need to learn what Jesus has said especially because He had all His prayers answered by the Father.

The disciples never asked Jesus to teach them how to preach but they asked Him to teach them how to pray. This is because they observed and understood that the power manifesting in the life of Jesus was the outflow of a very effective, powerful, productive prayer life. Many people pray but there's not much in their prayer life to write home about; God wants you to pray and have results.

In answering the disciples’ request, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples”, our Lord Jesus Christ gave them what has become known in the Church today as the Lord's Prayer. The Lord's Prayer is not a prayer to recite; instead, it is a pattern and a principle of prayer but many people have turned it into a prayer itself which they recite. Many believers recite the ‘Lord’s prayer’ but still end up defeated because the ‘Lord’s prayer’ was not meant to be recited. Jesus told them to pray “In this manner…” and He didn't say, “This is the formula to use…”

The ‘Lord’s prayer’ is in reality a set of principles for a powerful and effective prayer. The principles of prayer in this passage include the truth that true prayer is based on relationship, must include worship, the believer praying must embrace God’s way of doing right and the priority for the will of God in whatever we ask as we live a life of forgiveness daily.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I see it clearly now; every instruction from the ‘Lord’s prayer’ will be my watchword in prayers henceforth. So help me God in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Exodus 34:1-35:9, Matthew 27:15-31, Psalm 33:12-22, Proverbs 9:1-6

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:18am On Feb 13, 2019
WEDNESDAY, 13TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: ROLE OF RESPONSIBILITY IN THE PLACE OF PRAYER
MATTHEW 26:36-38

There are many prayer warriors but a few prayer champions. I pray that you shall become a prayer champion in Jesus' name. From Matthew 26 verse 36-38, you will notice two instructions; Jesus said to the rest of the disciple, “Sit here while I go and pray.” To the three He said, “Stay here and watch with Me.” In our relationships with God, there are levels of responsibilities and revelations. The dealings of God with and in our lives will be determined by the responsibilities that He commits into our care.

The Bible says, “To whom much is given, much is required (Luke. 12:48).” It is not every believer or every person that the Lord can say, “Watch with Me” to. There are some people that He will say, “You tarry here while I go and pray yonder” to. He didn't even require them not to sleep or to pray. However, for those He wanted to play a crucial role in the drama that was about to unfold (the greatest battle that heaven and hell had ever fought over the human race was about being fought at that time), He required the three of them to tarry and watch with Him.

I want you to know that you can build up your life and your walk with God to the point that God can make you a deciding factor in your city, in your nation, in your country, in your generation, in your church and in your family. You can be the deciding factor by a well-developed, sound and solid spiritual walk with God.

PRAYER: Holy Spirit, bring me into a closer level of relationship and responsibility with the Father as I walk with Him in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 35:10-36:38, Matthew 27:32-66, Psalm 34:1-10, Proverbs 9:7-8

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:08am On Feb 14, 2019
THURSDAY 14TH FEBRUARY, 2019.

ARE YOU HAVING YOUR WAY OVER THE WILL OF GOD? - MATTHEW 26:39, GENESIS 6:3

The will of man must bow to the will of God. There is the sovereignty of God that overrules the efforts of a man. Romans 9:16 puts it like this: So, then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
Genesis 6:3 (And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”) tells you two things:

1. The Spirit of God will strive with a man concerning the will of God for his life; and

2. He will not always strive.

There comes a time in the life of a person that when the Holy Spirit has struggled with that person long enough and the person says, “No, I don't want to do the will of God,” the Holy Ghost agrees and accepts defeat in the person's life and leaves the person to have his way. When a man wins over the Holy Spirit, he will lose to the devil in life. When a man loses to the Holy Spirit in the secret, he will win over the devil in the public. I wrote a book ‘Lose to Win or Win to Lose’, the choice is yours on that.

This is what the Lord Jesus Christ demonstrated for us in Matthew 26:39, “Not as I will, but as You will.” That is the thing that gave man the greatest victory over the devil's mission. Let me ask you, are you having your way over the will of God? That's the surest way to defeat. There are people today who promote their will, interest and desires above the will of God for them and they lose very terribly in life.
PRAYER: Lord, I submit my will to your will. I choose to lose to you so that I can win ultimately in life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 37:1-38:31, Matthew 28:1-20, Psalm 34:11-22, Proverbs 9:9-10

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog / T.B. Joshua Welcomed By Ecuador Military Generals (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.