Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Spirit Meat Devotional - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Meat Devotional (51452 Views)

Spirit Meat Devotional January 13, : How To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotional For Jan. 10: Topic -how To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotion By Rev. Olusola Areogun- The Holy Spirit An The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:00am On Feb 15, 2019
SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN
FRIDAY, 15TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: THE POWER OF YOUR WILL
ISAIAH 1:19, MATTHEW 26:39, GENESIS 6:3

In prayer, you will be confronted with the choice of choosing your will or God’s will. How long do you want the Spirit of God to keep striving with you? You are getting another chance if God is striving with you. There are people that God strives with and He knows they don't have much time left to have their way because there's a devil waiting out there to destroy them and God keeps coming to them. Don't win over the Holy Spirit. Don't win over the will of God; you will only end up losing in life.

The Bible says, “If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land (Isa. 1:19).” If you are not willingly staying where you are, you will not get the good of that place. There's no crown without a cross. The cross is the will of God that crosses a man's will. Where the will of God crosses your own will, that's when you carry the cross and if there is no mark of the cross in your life, you are a weak Christian.

Every powerful Christian carries the mark of the cross. Paul said, “From now on let no one trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus (Gal. 6:17).” He said, “But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world (Gal. 6:14).” That's when you are loosed from every hindrance and you begin to flow in the will of God and the power of God.

PRAYER: Lord, I am willing and obedient, I will eat the fruit of whatever I do in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 39:1-40:38, Mark 1:1-28, Psalm 35:1-16, Proverbs 9:11-12

www.spiritmeat.net
www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org
www.soundcloud.com/solaareogun
www.dciradio.org
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:26am On Feb 16, 2019
SATURDAY, 16TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: YOU NEED A PRAYER TEAM
MATTHEW 26:40

“Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour?” From the passage, there are two principles we can learn from:
a) The need for prayer support and
b) The power of one-hour prayer.

The disciples failed Jesus. They didn't join Him in prayer. He needed the prayer support of people and there are times that you need the prayer support of people too. Sometimes some people don't receive the prayer support of other people because of pride.

Note that the devil likes a proud man because he is a weak person, but a humble person does not find it difficult to say, “Join me to pray.” You may be the boss or you may be the pastor, it is not wrong to get prayer support from people. Also, it's not wrong for you as the husband to ask your wife and children to stand with you to pray.

Jesus said His disciples should watch and pray with Him for one hour. I believe there's something about praying for one hour. If you can just discipline yourself to pray for one hour every day, it will bring more power into your life than you can ever dream of. It is more difficult to pray consistently for one hour every day of the year than to pray seven hours at a go once in a blue moon; and that is what many people do. They don't pray for many days and they just pray long prayers once a week- that is why they are so weak in prayer.

PRAYER: Lord, I break every form of pride. I receive the divine help available in men that are to stand in the gap for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 1:1-3:17, Mark 1:29-2:12, Psalm 35:17-28, Proverbs 9:13-18

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

1 Like

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:42am On Feb 17, 2019
Sunday, 17th February, 2019

POWER OF PRE-EMPTIVE PRAYER
MATTHEW 26:41, JOHN 16:13

Do you know that if you can keep the hour of prayer, God will keep you from the hour of trial? There's the hour of trial that comes upon people in the world. The hour of trial came upon the Lord Jesus Christ and He needed prayer at that time. Do you know why many trials overtake people and overturn their lives? They did not have an hour of prayer with God before that thing came, so it caught them unawares; but in the place of prayer, if you keep your hour of prayer with God, it will keep you from the hour of trial.

Now, what is the Lord saying here for us to learn? Watch and pray! There is a prayer that I call pre-emptive prayer. It's the kind of prayer that you pray in advance before trial comes, having watched in the spirit or being led of the Holy Spirit to pray. The implication of what the Lord Jesus Christ is saying here is that if you don't watch and pray, you will enter into trials. Trials don't come from God. God knows what the devil is planning, what he wants to bring across the path of His people and He gives us advance information. The Lord says it like this in John chapter 16:13.

Part of the things to come that He will show you are the trials that the devil is planning to bring against you. In that passage in Matthew 26, the devil was planning to take Peter and the rest of the disciples through a trial of betrayal of the Lord Jesus Christ, but because they didn't keep the hour of prayer, that trial caught them unawares, overturned them and they all backslid. The Lord had to go after them after He rose from the dead and gathered them back.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I receive the grace to yield to divine pulls when the Holy Spirit calls me into the place of prayer, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Leviticus 4:1-5:19, Mark 2:13-3:6, Psalm 36:1-12, Proverbs 10:1-2

www.spiritmeat.net
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun LiveSTREAMING
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun[code][/code]u
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:50am On Feb 18, 2019
MONDAY, 18TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: YOU NEED MORE THAN A WILLING SPIRIT; YOU NEED A CONQUERED FLESH
MATTHEW 26:36-46

One of the things that cause many people not to keep their hour of prayer is what the Lord said, ‘The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.’ This means you need more than a willing spirit to win in life, to pray successfully or to pray at all.

You need more than a willing spirit to obey God. To do anything tangible and successful in life, you need a conquered flesh. It is easy for anybody to allow things to continue normally and naturally. It is easy to raise wayward children than to raise well-disciplined children because it takes an effort, it takes a price to do anything tangible.

Everybody in life will naturally go on the easy road, but the champions are the ones who have decided to go on the road of destiny, even though it is rough and tough. The price is that they’ve conquered the flesh. The flesh does not want you to pray. If you don’t conquer the flesh, you won’t even fast and you won’t pray at all; but if you are going to pray and spend time with God, you will have to discipline your flesh, conquer your flesh, subdue your flesh, and then pray.

Tomorrow, we will look at the second corollary to today’s topic, that is, “You need a conquered flesh”. We will learn how to subdue the flesh for a victorious prayer life.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive grace to move from just a willing spirit to perfecting the act of prayer. I will not just stay in the place of wishing but move on to carrying out my decisions in Jesus’ name, Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 6:1-7:27, Mark 3:7-30, Psalm 37:1-11, Proverbs 10:3-4

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 4:30am On Feb 19, 2019
TUESDAY, 19TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: SUBDUE YOUR FLESH
I CORINTHIANS 9:24-27

From the passage in the text above, to be temperate means to be self-controlled. That’s what athletes do to win a corruptible crown. He’s saying that as Christians, we must be temperate to win an incorruptible crown because there’s a crown at the end of this race.

It is the flesh that causes people to backslide. If Apostle Paul, as mighty as he was in the Holy Ghost, needed to keep his body under the control of the Holy Spirit continuously in order not to be a castaway, and if the Lord Jesus Christ needed to subdue His flesh to fulfil His own destiny, don’t you think you and I have to do much more?

Anybody can wish, but the man who will win in life must have more than a wishbone. It takes a backbone to conquer your flesh. It takes more than a wish to have a prayer life. When you wake up in the morning, get up from the bed, go somewhere and begin to pray. You don’t know how to pray until you start praying, and you won’t pray until you start praying and continue praying until you know how to pray and it becomes a habit.

The Lord said, ‘The flesh is weak.’ Don’t use that as an excuse—conquer your flesh! It is often said that a chain is no stronger than its weakest link; the weak link in the make-up of a man is the flesh. Your spirit man, if you’re born again, is like Jesus. Your mind, if renewed, is going to think after the Word of God, but your flesh is still your flesh. Put it under continuously until we meet Jesus face to face, and you will not be defeated in Jesus’ name.

PRAYER: Lord, your grace is sufficient for me. I decide to add work to the grace you have released upon my life and move my prayer life to the next level in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 7:28-9:6, Mark 3:31-4:25, Psalm 37:12-29, Proverbs 10:5

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 1:59am On Feb 20, 2019
WEDNESDAY, 20TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: YOU HAVE A COVENANT PARTNER
LUKE 11:5-13

Many people have misunderstood this passage to mean that you just stand there and keep asking until God is fed up and then gives you what you desire just to get rid of you. That’s not what He’s saying. Remember, He said, ‘There’s a relationship.’ Prayer is always based on a relationship. It’s a communication between two people in a relationship.

He is using the relationship between two friends to typify and exemplify prayer between God and His children. Our relationship with God is superior to that of a friend to another friend. We are sons and daughters of a Father- that’s what He’s saying. There are things that you will demand of your friend that you won’t demand of your son, and there are things that you do for your son just because he’s your son. God answers prayers because we are in a relationship with Him. He relates with us in power because of a relationship.

You have a covenant Partner, you have a covenant Father and you have a covenant relationship with God. Prayer recognises that without God you are sunk. This man recognised that he had a friend. He knew that he had to give to his friend. Prayer is with God. It is a covenant relationship. The man in the passage went with his request to a friend, not a stranger or a neighbour. He didn’t go to an acquaintance, but a friend, and you must know that prayer is going to a covenant Father, a covenant Partner, and a covenant Friend; the Bible calls Jesus our friend. It is important that you understand that you have a basis to come to God.

PRAYER: LORD, I take hold of the advantage of the covenant relationship with you and reject every ignorance and blindfold that makes me come before you as a stranger in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 9:7-10:20, Mark 4:26-5:20, Psalm 37:30-40, Proverbs 10:6-7

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:01am On Feb 21, 2019
THURSDAY, 21ST FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: JESUS- YOUR BIG FRIEND ALWAYS HAS
LUKE 11:5-13

If you look at this passage again, you’ll see that there are three personalities there: 1) The friend who had just arrived, 2) The friend whom he arrived to meet, and 3) The bigger friend whom the friend, who had nothing to give, went to meet.

This big Friend always has stock. It doesn’t matter what time you come, He has “loaves of bread” ready. The friend whose friend just arrived didn’t have anything to present. This man recognised that he had a friend. He knew that he had to give to his friend. This is telling you as believers that your prayer life should be developed to a point that it becomes a blessing to people around you. People around us need our prayer lives, and we should be able to take their needs, requests, and problems to our God and get help for them to meet their needs. Your family, friends, boss, workers, employer and so on need your prayer life.

Remember, the big Friend always has, and thank God our Covenant Friend, the Lord Jesus Christ always has. You can never exhaust His resources. There’s no need that can confront you—either yours or that of the people who depend on you—that you can take to God and He will say to you, “Where did you get this from?” He’s more than enough. Even if the thing is not available, He can create it. That’s the difference God makes in our lives.

PRAYER: Thank you for Lord the relationship and the benefit of having you as my friend. I will not fail men that are to be blessed because of my relationship with you in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 11:1-12:8, Mark 5:21-43, Psalm 38:1-22, Proverbs 10:8-9

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:00am On Feb 22, 2019
FRIDAY, 22ND FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: THE POWER OF DIVINE CONNECTION
LUKE 11:13, MATTHEW 7:11, JAMES 1:17

You may not have money or earthly connections, but with heavenly and divine connection, you have everything in place. There are people today that are very connected to big people in the society. Thank God for that, but if knowing a big man in a powerful position/office can make a difference in a man’s life, how much more the difference knowing the God of heaven, the Maker of heaven and earth Who also is the Owner and the Possessor of everything and everyone will make!

Do you know the difference it will make? I mean if somebody knows the head of the government of a particular nation intimately, anybody wanting to do something in that nation only needs to meet that person and he can always have his way through. That’s exactly the picture being shown in Luke 11; that because you know the God of the universe, people who have needs can come to you. That’s what happened in the life of Jesus. They came to Him and He connected them to God and they received miracles. That's what pastors are for in your life. That's what ministers of the gospel and the church are for. That's what you are supposed to be in your environment as a believer: a connecting link to the God of heaven for men.

God always has. You can't overburden Him or come with too much. You can't say, “Well, I don’t want to disturb God at this unholy hour of the night.” You know there are people who feel, “I can’t be praying about something as small as my children's school fees” or “I can’t be praying and disturbing God with something as small as my transport fare or about how I will get to my office today. I can’t be praying and disturbing God like that.” No, you shouldn’t think like that.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive a divine reorientation of my mentality and perception. I receive grace to come boldly before you in the place of prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 13:1-59, Mark 6:1-29, Psalm 39:1-13, Proverbs 10:10

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2019
SATURDAY, 23RD FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: COME BEFORE GOD AS A SON (1)
LUKE 11:11-13

Many people go into the place of prayer with a wrong mentality. They have the mentality of a God who is perfect and waiting for them to make a mistake and judge them, a God who cannot be touched with the feeling of the infirmities of a human being, and an impersonal God that nobody can have a relationship with.

But Jesus came to show us a completely different picture of God. He’s talking of a father-son relationship. Showing you a son going into the prayer closet with the mentality of a son, not the mentality of a housemaid. If you have a housemaid, there is a difference between how your housemaid approaches you and how your own child approaches you.

What Jesus is saying to you here is that when you go into prayer, you should go with the mentality of a son relating with a loving father. He deliberately compared the Father-nature of God with that of a man. If you are a father, there is compassion that flows towards your children from you. You love having them around and do some things for them even when they don’t know they need them, but your own eyes as a father sees the need and you plan to meet the need.

In an infinitely greater measure, your heavenly Father has you in His mind. The Bible says in Psalm 8: 4, “What is man that you are mindful of him?” Despite that fact, many people are still ‘prayer failures’ because they go into the place of prayer with a wrong mentality. They think of God as a God who they must appease. In the African culture, there are angry and wicked idols that people must appease. The God of heaven is not like that at all—He’s your Father whom you should approach with the mentality of a son going to his father; it’s as simple as that.

PRAYER: I refute every wrong mentality I have had as a son, today. I receive the spirit of boldness to come before you as a Father that you are to me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 14:1-57, Mark 6:30-56, Psalm 40:1-10, Proverbs 10:11-12

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2019
Sunday, 24th February 2019

COME BEFORE GOD AS A SON (2)
LUKE 11:11-13

Many times, a lot of parents are not raising their kids properly in showing them a good impression and a good understanding of true fathering. So, the child has to plead with and pester the father until he says, “Okay, just go away, don’t disturb me.” As a result, when such a person becomes born again, he carries that mentality into his relationship with God, thinking he has to pester God until God is tired of him and gives him what he’s asking for just to get rid of him. No, God doesn’t do that. He enjoys having you around. 

If you are a good father, you know how you feel when your children come in, or when you’ve just arrived from a trip; you bought things for them and hug them when they come around you. That’s exactly what Jesus was teaching here: if earthly fathers, being evil, know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more the heavenly Father. Note that He didn’t say, “Heavenly God” but “Heavenly Father.” “GOD” IS A TITLE WHILE “FATHER” IS ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP—a father is a person.

Many people relate with God as God the creator alone, but God wants us to come into a closer relationship as a son to his father, which is so important. That’s one of the basic strengths of a powerful prayer life—a son coming to his father; with the confidence and assurance that God will give him, welcome him and hear him.

PRAYER: 
Abba Father, I receive a deeper understanding to walk correctly with you as a son to a Father. Let this understanding permeate the core of my relationship with you in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Leviticus 15:1-16:28, Mark 7:1-23, Psalm 40:11-17, Proverbs 10:13-14

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:32am On Feb 25, 2019
*SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN*
MONDAY 25TH, FEBRUARY, 2019.

YOU MUST HAVE A “LOCUS STANDI” TO COME BEFORE GOD IN PRAYER - LUKE 11:11-13

Another thing we can learn from the text in Luke 11 is that you must have a locus standi to come to your friend. He didn’t say, “Somebody that I didn't know has just appeared,” but he said, “A friend of mine in his journey has come.” Many times, people come to Jesus as a result of their relationship with another person. This is what is called locus standi in law. The centurion in Matthew 8 came because of his servant. He had a relationship with the sick person and went to Jesus on that basis.

The Syrophoenician woman in Mark 7 came on behalf of her daughter. Jairus came because of his daughter (Mar. 5:22-24). Jesus went to Peter’s house where He healed his mother-in-law (Mat. 8:14). There’s always a relationship and that’s important. Many people find themselves alone in their hour of crisis because they have no relationship with someone who knows God. That’s why the Bible says in Acts 4:23 that when they threatened Peter and John, they went to their own company.

I can’t over-emphasize that you need to have a company of people associated with you that you are in fellowship and partnership or membership with; people who believe God, who know how to get the hearing of God, who know how to pray effective prayers and receive answers in your hour of need. It is not just walking in any company or any group of people; it must be a group of people that can really get the hearing of God. That's what this place is telling us. Mothers should develop their walk with God in order to be a blessing to their children and fathers should develop their walk with God to be a blessing to their children and grandchildren.
PRAYER: Lord, I pray for divine equipping not to fail men and women that are depending on my prayer power in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 16:29-18:30, Mark 7:24-8:10, Psalm 41:1-13, Proverbs 10:15-16

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 4:51am On Feb 26, 2019
TUESDAY, 26TH FEBRUARY 2019.

TOPIC: THE POWER OF THANKSGIVING
JOHN 6:11

We see major miracles in the life and ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. In John 6, He had to feed 5,000 men with five loaves and two small fishes, a daunting situation by any standard; and in John Chapter 11, He had to raise a man who had been dead and buried for four days, which is completely impossible naturally. Look at how Jesus started in both cases: He gave thanks to God. There’s power in thanksgiving, and this is what I want to show you.

Many people don’t engage in thanksgiving in their walk with God and they miss out on the blessing of God. In Luke 17:1-9, you see some people who missed out on the blessing and the power of thanksgiving. I believe that this man received something that the others did not receive. That’s one thing that you must learn. Thanksgiving gives you something that the person who does not give thanks does not get.

Even in any culture, when somebody gives thanks, it prepares the ground for further favours and blessings. It is the same with God. Jesus made a comment on the person that came to thank God here. That tells you the attitude of God to people who don’t show thanksgiving, who are not grateful to God for what He did. Many times, you see people when they are sharing testimonies of miracles that God did in their lives; they talk so much about how they prayed, how they fasted, what they did themselves, and their faith and forget to mention what God did. Your prayer or fasting will be useless if there’s no God who answers prayers.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank you for the things you have done and the things you are yet to do. I judge you faithful. You have never failed, and you will never fail. Thank you Father, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 19:1-20:21, Mark 8:11-38, Psalm 42:1-11, Proverbs 10:17

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Wednesday, 27th February 2019

LET THANKSGIVING BECOME THANKS LIVING
EPHESIANS 5: 20, I THESSALONIANS 5:18

What do I mean by thanks living? That you don’t just give thanks to God in prayer expression to God alone. The Bible says something about thanksgiving that I want you to hold on to: In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thess. 5: 18). 

Thanksgiving is the will of God for every one of us. Do you want to know the will of God for you? It is thanksgiving. Does it mean you should give thanks for what the devil is doing? No. He’s saying in every situation, in every circumstance; don’t lose your ‘thanks expression’. God is always good. There’s always something to thank God for. 
Sometimes, when you look at what people say first when they wake up and the last thing when they are going to bed, you will think they believe in the devil rather than God. There are people who wake up complaining, “Oh, devil, you’ve come again.” Some people go to bed binding the devil, they wake up binding the devil, and they go through the day binding the devil. There’s more to our walk and supernatural lives than binding the devil. 

Don’t give more credit to the devil than he deserves. Don’t put too much attention on the devil. The devil is real, but God is more real than the devil. The devil does wicked things, but God is good and will do better in your future than the wickedness of the devil. 

Tomorrow, I will show you what thanksgiving will do in your life when you begin to practice it daily and not just as a phrase in prayer.

PRAYER: 
Father, I thank You. You have been so good and faithful. I repent of every attitude of ingratitude in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Leviticus 20:22-22:16, Mark 9:1-29, Psalm 43:1-5, Proverbs 10:18

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:00am On Feb 28, 2019
Thursday, 28th February 2019

WHAT THANKSGIVING DOES FOR YOU
ISAIAH 40:28, 2 CORINTHIANS 4:16

I want to show you what thanksgiving will do and bring into your prayer life as you step into this act.

1. It magnifies God’s power and God’s presence more than the problems that a man faces. Problems in a person’s life magnify the devil’s ability and presence, but when the person begins to give thanks to God, it magnifies God, His power, His presence and His reality.

2. Thanksgiving refreshes and renews your faith. It renews the substance of faith: When you begin to give thanks to God and you just come into the presence of God, it refreshes your faith. 

3. Thanksgiving renews your love towards God. There is no way you go into the presence of God thanking Him that the love for God will not rise up in you, and this renews you afresh.

4. Thanksgiving will help you to remain a grateful person. It brings the glory of God to radiate upon your life. It cultures a heart of gratitude inside you.

5. Thanksgiving honours God and recognises God as the doer in your life. One way to despise God is to transfer His honour to another thing or person.

6. Thanksgiving strengthens your faith because it is an expression of confidence in God’s ability. It causes your faith to get stronger and stronger, not just renewed or refreshed, but stronger.

7. Thanksgiving keeps the devil away from your life. In Isaiah chapter 61, the Bible says that the anointing will give us a garment of praise in place of the spirit of heaviness. He will give us the oil of joy for the spirit of sorrow.

8. Finally, thanksgiving also keeps you humble. It does not allow pride in your heart because you will not come to the place of taking the glory of God. A man who lives in constant heart-borne, heartfelt thanksgiving to God will walk in humility before Him.

PRAYER: 
Lord, you are higher than all men, situations and circumstances. I give you all the praise and glory, be magnified Lord, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Leviticus 22:17-23:44, Mark 9:30-10:12, Psalm 44:1-8, Proverbs 10:19

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:05am On Mar 01, 2019
FRIDAY 1ST, MARCH, 2019.

NOT ALL PRAYERS ARE ANSWERABLE - 1 JOHN 5: 14-15

This month, we will continue on the subject of prayers. Elijah was a man of like passion; he prayed that there would be no rain for the space of three years and God answered his prayer. If every believer in Christ would embrace biblical principles that govern prayer, the results would be phenomenal.

The first thing to understand is that not all prayers are answerable. The earlier you realize this truth the better for you because many Christians disturb themselves with prayers that God cannot hear because they negate the laws that govern prayer.

Verse 14 of today’s passage reveals that a major key to answered prayers is to obtain the hearing of God. This verse also tells you that it is only the prayer that is prayed according to the will of God that God will hear. “If we know that he hears us, whatsoever we ask we know that we have the petition that we desire.” The opposite will also be true that, “if we don’t know that He hears us in whatsoever we ask, we don’t know that we have the petition that we desire.”

Be a prayer champion that is victorious in prayer and not just a prayer warrior spending hours in futile unanswerable prayers. It is the prayer champion that receives answers to prayers. Prayer is not the same as begging. Asking is prayer, but begging is not prayer and complaining is also not prayer. Praying entails:

1. Reminding God of His written word or prophecy to you.

2. Listening to the Holy Spirit’s instructions.

3. Thanking God that He has already done what you requested.

4. Asking that your joy be full.

5. Casting your care of the answer on God.

6. Keeping your confession in line with your answer.

When you’re not doing these, don’t be surprised that your ‘prayer’ is unanswerable.

PRAYER: Lord, deliver me from futile labours in the place of prayer. I ask for deeper understanding of the laws of prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 24:1-25:46, Mark 10:13-31, Psalm 44:9-26, Proverbs 10:20-21

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:00am On Mar 02, 2019
SATURDAY, 2ND MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE AND EFFECTUAL PRAYER (1)
MATTHEW 6:9-13

Today, we will begin a dissection of the Lord’s Prayer. The first lesson you need to learn from the Lord’s Prayer is that it is a pattern to guide you in prayer, not a format to repeat. When you turn it into prayer itself, you will be involved in vain repetition.

1. True prayer is based on relationship.

The first thing that He said is, “When you pray say, Our Father which art in heaven.” True prayer is based on a relationship. He is our Father and we are His children. One of the clearest ways to prove that someone is a child of God is that he or she has answers to prayers. Receiving definite and direct answers to the prayers you pray to the Father distinguishes you from every other person on earth.

In John 14:6, Jesus states clearly that unless you have accepted Him as saviour, you cannot have a relationship with God the Father. You can know Him as God (general title), but to know Him as Father, you have to come through Jesus. That’s what Jesus is saying here. Having your prayer answered can only come when you have a relationship with God as a Father. He answers prayers because He's our Father, not particularly because you have a need.

The Bible says, “For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him (Mat. 6:cool.” God does not answer our prayers just because of needs but because He wants to help His children and bless them. Every human father got the feeling for their children from God. If you don't have a living relationship with God yet, or you don’t know where you currently stand, pray this prayer from your heart, just tell Him:

“Lord Jesus, I open my heart to You. I want You to be my Lord and Saviour from today. I turn away from sin and from the devil and I welcome You into my heart now. Thank You for doing it, in Jesus’ name, Amen.”

If you prayed that prayer genuinely, you have fulfilled the first principle of prayer which is coming to God in prayer on the basis of a living relationship. Call us on +2348037252124 so that we can guide you in your new life in Christ.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 25:47-27:13, Mark 10:32-52, Psalm 45:1-17, Proverbs 10:22

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 11:08am On Mar 03, 2019
Sunday, 3rd March 2019

PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE AND EFFECTUAL PRAYER (2)
MATTHEW 6: 9; PSALM 15:1-5; PSALM 19:13-14

2. Worship
The second principle of effective prayer as laid down by Christ in Matthew 6: 9 is worship. When Jesus said, “Hallowed be Your name,” He was teaching us the pattern for honouring, worshipping and adoring our God.

Worshipping God is not primarily about singing but about how you esteem Him with your life—in and out of church. 
God warned His people in the Old Testament not to take His name in vain. This principle of prayer requires you to honour the name of the Lord, hallow and sanctify His name not only at the time of prayer, but more importantly it must be part and parcel of your life. You can't use the name of God in vain throughout the week and come to church sanctimoniously on Sunday. That way, you are simply playing religion with the name of the Lord, but deceiving yourself to think you are hallowing His name. This is what many Christians do and that is why they don't get answers to prayers.

Many people pray just to soothe their conscience, but prayer is more than soothing your conscience. Effective prayer is a two-way communication with the living God, by a human being living in a covenant relationship with God. This affects and changes things in the situations and circumstances of such people. Don't form the habit of praying to soothe your conscience or just praying as a religious duty. Let your heart permanently express true worship in and out of prayer with a life that eschews evil, lavishes on the Lord and esteems God above all.

PRAYER: 
Lord, I worship you from the depth of my heart. I refuse to mouth empty words but I pray for grace to honour you in all my ways in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Leviticus 27:14 - Numbers 1:54, Mark 11:1-26, Psalm 46:1-11, Proverbs 10:23

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:26am On Mar 04, 2019
MONDAY, 4TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE AND EFFECTUAL PRAYER (3)
MATTHEW 6:9-10; ECCLESIASTES 10:15 (AMPLIFIED)

3. God's way of doing right

The third point in that passage says, “Your kingdom come.” Have you ever wondered what the kingdom of God means in that sentence? The kingdom is God's way of doing and being right. We can put it like this in this context: it is God's way of praying and praying right. That's part of the kingdom and it has come now. Jesus said, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Mark 4:17)” What does that mean? Repent, for God’s way of doing and being right is now at hand. The kingdom has come.

The Bible says, “From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it (Matthew 11:12, NIV).” This means that since the day of John the Baptist, the kingdom of God is being proclaimed. God's way of doing and being right is being proclaimed and men are forcefully pressing into it, taking their share of what the kingdom has to offer and you too can take your share today.

There is God’s way on every issue that pertains to your life and as you take time to prioritize the way and statutes of God in your circumstances, God will put a premium on your prayers to answer them because you honour His ways. It is time for you to take your share of the blessings and benefits of praying correctly.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask for grace to lay hold of my portion in Christ. I refuse to continue in endless prayers without answers. I receive a turnaround in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 2:1-3:51, Mark 11:27-12:17, Psalm 47:1-9, Proverbs 10:24-25

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:26am On Mar 05, 2019
TUESDAY 5TH, MARCH,2019.

PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE AND EFFECTUAL PRAYER (4) - MATTHEW 6:9-11; 1 JOHN 2:17

4. The will of God
The fourth point in the Lord's Prayer which gives us the fourth principle is, “Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” This tells us one thing which is one of the basic reasons we pray: we pray to enforce the will of God on the earth as it is in heaven. The will of God in heaven is clear. There is no challenge or contrary opinion to the will of God in heaven.

However, on the earth, you have to know how to pray in order to have the will of God done in your life. If you don't know how to pray effectively, the will of the devil will be done in your life and affairs. That's why many people are in trouble today, but we can change many things on the earth through prayer.

Prayer can be used to deal with any subject of life. What's the will of God for your children and your family? Peace, orderliness, comfort, well-being, soundness, love and joy; but that's not what many people have. That's how God wants it in heaven and that's how it is in heaven, but that is not what many people have in their lives. Take time to search the scriptures to find the will of God in every situation you are passing through and take your stand in the place of prayer until your life on the earth is a reflection of the will of God in heaven on any subject. It's not your opinion, it's not the tradition of men, it's not the way people say it is, but the will of God in heaven that must be done on the earth for you.

PRAYER: Lord, I reverse every experience in my life that is not a reflection of Your will in heaven as revealed to me in the Bible in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 4:1-5:31, Mark 12:18-37, Psalm 48:1-14, Proverbs 10:26

www.spiritmeat.net
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:15am On Mar 06, 2019
Wednesday, 6th March 2019

ENFORCE THE WILL OF GOD IN PRAYER
LUKE 11:2

Effective prayer is the prayer that enforces God’s will. Enforcing the will of God on the earth can majorly be achieved in prayer. We pray to enforce God’s will on earth as it is in heaven. The will of God is settled in heaven; there is no contention in heaven or any contrary opinion to the will of God. After the fall of Adam and subsequent transfer of the legal authority that God gave man to the devil, man has to pray in order to know God’s will and enforce it in his life and his environment.

If you don’t know how to effectively enforce and pray God’s will in your life and affairs, the devil will take advantage and do his will in your life and environment.  That is why many people are in trouble today but through God, the name of Jesus and faith in His name, according to God’s will, things can be changed. The Bible emphasizes the will of God to be done on earth as it is in heaven.

For instance, there is no sickness in heaven. This immediately tells you that it is not the will of God for sickness to be in the life of anyone on earth, especially those who are born again. Therefore, we are in order to enforce God’s will of a sickness-free life in the place of prayer.

Poverty is not God’s will. Through prayer, right confession and work you can enforce the will of God for wealth and riches. Prayer can be used to deal with any subject in your life that is currently contrary to God’s will by seeking out God’s will in the Bible concerning that matter and then insisting on it and enforcing it in the place of prayer. Don’t let the devil have his way in your life or environment; ensure it is only God’s will that is done in your life, your environment and on the earth. You can enforce this in the place of prayer. 

PRAYER: 
Lord, I refuse every experience contrary to my kingdom position. I reject poverty and sickness; I embrace greatness, wealth and health in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Numbers 6:1-7:89, Mark 12:38-13:13, Psalm 49:1-20, Proverbs 10:27-28

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
Thursday, 7th March 2019

PRAYING “THY WILL BE DONE” IS A PRAYER OF AUTHORITHY
MATTHEW 6:9-10; DEUTERONOMY 28:10

Don’t you consider it amazing how some believers can recite the Lord's prayer daily and still tolerate situations and circumstances that are not in alignment with the will of God in heaven? Don’t claim to be holy when your experiences are incongruent with the will of God for His children.

Prayer is a primary means by which we change whatsoever is not the will of God on the earth right now to reflect and realign with the will of God in heaven. There is a heavenly standard in the presence of God concerning every area of our lives as we are living on the earth. In heaven, there's a blueprint and prayer is a means of making every area of your life agree with the blueprint in heaven. 

For example, God’s will for students is to succeed very well and be above (Deut. 28:10). Therefore, if your experience is contrary, employ the principles of prayer in your studies and examination preparations until it is like God's will in heaven. You don’t have to go to heaven to know God’s will because His will is given to us in the Bible. Whatever you see in the Bible is the will of God and that is exactly what God wants in heaven. Study the Bible and in the place of prayer, reverse anything in your life that does not line up with the Bible picture. That is what it means to pray “Your will be done.” It is a prayer of power, authority and warfare. 

PRAYER: 
Lord, let your will be done in every area of my life: my family, my career, my studies, my finances and everything I put my hands to in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Numbers 8:1-9:23, Mark 13:14-37, Psalm 50:1-23, Proverbs 10:29-30

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:31am On Mar 08, 2019
FRIDAY, MARCH 8TH 2019.

TOPIC: PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE AND EFFECTUAL PRAYER (5)
EPHESIANS 6:12-13; JAMES 4:7

When you study the Book of Job, you will observe a vivid demonstration of the difference between the work of God and the work of the devil. All the atrocities and all the afflictions and problems that Job went through were the devil's operations through natural causes.

Sickness is not an act of God. God doesn't teach you anything with sickness. So when the Bible says, “Thy will be done…,” it includes your spirit, your soul, your body, your family, your finances and your affairs. Every aspect of your life should be a reflection of the will of God. That is, if you are a child of God, the totality of your life should be the will of God in motion.

Just like Jesus said, “He who has seen Me has seen the Father (John. 14:9).” You should be able to say that he that has seen you has seen the will of God. The will of God is not for you to be sick, poor or struggling through life without enough to eat and to take care of your legitimate responsibilities. If that is your current experience, understand that it is the devil trying to impose his negative will on you; but through the instrumentality of prayer, you can resist it and enforce the will of God in your own case.

PRAYER: Confess these words: The word of God is the will of God for me. When I have the word of God, I know the will of God and I'm going to have the will of God established in my life. I'm not going to say amen to what the devil is doing any more from today, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 10:1-11:23, Mark 14:1-21, Psalm 51:1-19, Proverbs 10:31-32

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:18am On Mar 09, 2019
Saturday, 9th March 2019

PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE AND EFFECTUAL PRAYER (6)
MATTHEW 6:12-15; LUKE 11:4

This is the fifth point we see in the subject of the Lord's Prayer: Forgiveness. Being unforgiving is the only hindrance to effective prayers as pointed out by our Lord Jesus.

If God does not forgive your trespasses, certainly your prayers cannot be answered. Many people today are prayer failures because they walk in so much unforgiving spirit and this is also the reason a lot of families are weak in prayer. When you are weak in prayer, you are weak in the power of God. When you are weak in the power of God, the devil is strong in your life and strong against you because there are so many offences in your life (there’s an extensive teaching on lack of forgiveness in my book The Danger of Offences). 

You need to get rid of the unforgiving spirit. It's a great hindrance to the fulfilment of destiny for any man on the surface of the earth. If you want to have an effective prayer life, forgive. You can practise forgiving people before they offend you. When you wake up in the morning, just say something like this, “Father, I forgive anybody that will offend me today.” 

Offences will surely come. Choose right from the beginning that you will react in forgiveness and love towards anybody that offends you. If you carry offences in your heart, it will destroy your prayer power. In fact, it shuts you up from the audience of God; it keeps you out of the hearing of God. And once God can't hear your prayer, your prayer cannot be answered. 

PRAYER: Lord, I forgive everyone that has offended me in the past. I release them genuinely from my heart today. I receive the grace to react in love towards all today in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Numbers 11:24-13:33, Mark 14:22-52, Psalm 52:1-9, Proverbs 11:1-3

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2019
Sunday, 10th March 2019

ALWAYS PRAY THE MIND OF GOD
MATTHEW 6:5-8

In the four verses of our text, we can learn important truths about prayer directly from our Lord Jesus Christ:
Prayer is not a question of “if you pray,” but “when you pray”. Every believer that will be successful needs to pray. You must believe in the efficacy of prayers. Many people pray with the mind that, “If l pray hard enough, I will change the mind of God. If I pester God enough, I will change the mind of God.” No, you can't change the mind of God! The Bible says God is not a man that He should repent (Num. 23:19b). To repent means to change your mind. God does not change His mind.

Many believers pray with that wrong mentality because they don't know the mind of God before they start praying. One of the keys to effective and successful prayer is to first of all find out what is the mind of God on an issue before you start praying. Praying against the will of God is a fruitless exercise; His will is perfect. He doesn't need improvement and does not need to change His mind on whatsoever matter.

Jesus said, “And when you pray...” You need to know when you should pray and how to pray. That's important! Most people pray, but their prayers are not answered and my focus is to bring you to a place of prayer power that not only will you become a prayer warrior, but you can do your own praying and get answers for yourself and be a blessing to other people. 

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for Your word that reveals Your mind to me. I cooperate with Your mind and counsel in all that concerns me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Numbers 14:1-15:16, Mark 14:53-72, Psalm 53:1-6, Proverbs 11:4

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:16am On Mar 11, 2019
MONDAY, 11TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: DON'T PRAY AS HYPOCRITES DO!
MATTHEW 6:5

Jesus said, “…you shall not be like the hypocrites.” In this context of prayer, a hypocrite is a man who does not believe in prayer itself but does it to please people so that people can think that he is close to God. It is a form of religious deception. Jesus gave the example of the Pharisees and the Sadducees of His day as a prototype of the hypocrites.

It was not the posture or place of their prayer that was wrong but their motive to be seen by men and to be hailed and praised as somebody who could pray. Jesus said that praise and human applause was their reward. Prayer is a two-way communication between a man and his God for fellowship and for changing situations and circumstances that require divine intervention and divine involvement. You can't afford to pray simply to show off. Some people do so and that is all the reward they will get.

Another problem many believers have with Matthew 6:5 is that in a bid to avoid the rebuke of Pharisees, some believers say, “Well, my prayer is just between me and my God. I'm praying silently in my heart.” That is not what Jesus was saying here. He was neither teaching silent prayer nor praying in your bedroom alone; rather, he was dealing with the motives of the hearts of the people.

PRAYER: Lord, purify my heart, let it be as gold in Your presence. Deliver me from wrong motives in the place of prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 15:17-16:40, Mark 15:1-47, Psalm 54:1-7, Proverbs 11:5-6

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:12am On Mar 12, 2019
TUEDAY, 12TH MARCH 2019.

Topic : HOW TO ENTER INTO YOUR CLOSET TO PRAY (1) - MATTHEW 6:6

In the passage we have been considering for the past two days, Jesus is teaching principles that should govern your prayer time, else you may not get answer to prayers.

While Jesus described hypocrites in verse 5, He described a child of God coming to the Father in verse 6. When Jesus said “Enter into thy closet,” he was referring to a chamber on the ground floor in some houses used for privacy or for storing things. That is, it is a place where you can be alone and you can pour out your heart without fear of somebody eavesdropping or disturbing and distracting you.

In practice and transposing that on our prayer life, your closet will be a place or a time that you are free from distractions of life, that you can have privacy with your God and your Father to interact, discuss and share your heart with Him; and hear what He has to say to you without anything restraining you.

Have you been in a church service before where the man of God says God is telling him that everybody should make three requests and whatever they ask God will answer? People will usually turn away from every other person and say things they don't want any other person to hear. That is, many times when we are praying and people are there, we may be saying things that we don't really mean – things that we want to say to impress people – and prayer is never for the sake of another person or for impressing another person.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for the opportunity to come into your presence; deliver me from wandering thoughts and distractions in the place of prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 16:41-18:32, Mark 16:1-20, Psalm 55:1-23, Proverbs 11:7

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:44am On Mar 13, 2019
WEDNESDAY, 13TH MARCH 2019.

*TOPIC: HOW TO ENTER INTO YOUR CLOSET TO PRAY (2)*.
MARK 1:35; MATTHEW 26:41; MARK 14:38

*Your closet can be a place or a time.* In the life of Jesus, He rose up very early and prayed in a solitary place in order to practise this truth. He went to a place where He could have a closet-kind of environment, where He could have privacy and even there, they sought Him. And when they found Him they said to Him, “All men are looking for you.” That's why many people don't pray and don't succeed in praying.

I want to show you one important principle for a successful prayer hour. The principle is that *when you wake up in the morning, change your location and get up from the bed*. Many people don't pray successfully because they wake up from the bed and stay on the same bed to pray and they mostly fall back asleep. *The devil and your body don't want you to pray and they will cancel your desire to pray and you will find out that you regularly oversleep and are now only ready for work*. That's what Jesus said when He said, “The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak (Mat. 26:41; Mar. 14:38).”

*This means it takes more than a willing spirit to pray. It takes a conquered flesh to pray*.

If your home atmosphere does not provide that in the morning, there could be another time. It could be another time in the evening or an all-night. In the life of Jesus, you will find out that many times He prayed in the middle of the night, all night long.

*PRAYER*: Lord, thank You for delivering me from the weakness of my flesh. As I commit to relocating from where I slept in order to pray, I receive the hand of the Lord strong upon me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR*: Numbers 19:1-20:29, Luke 1:1-25, Psalm 56:1-13, Proverbs 11:8

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:34am On Mar 14, 2019
THURSDAY, 14TH MARCH 2019.

*TOPIC: HOW TO ENTER INTO YOUR CLOSET TO PRAY (3)*
LUKE 5:15-16

*Entering into your closet is withdrawing from distractions, withdrawing from relationships, withdrawing from interactions with people, situations and circumstances; and going to pray.* You have to withdraw from the problem you want to pray about so that it doesn't destabilize you. Then you go to God and unburden your heart and pray to Him and He will hear in the secret. It does not necessarily mean that you have to go into a closet like a toilet, though you could do that. *However, you must learn the principle that sometimes, ‘the closet’ is a time when you are alone.*

Some people have a home atmosphere that it is not possible to have this kind of a fellowship with God in the morning. Some women have a situation at home that it is only in the evening when the children are out playing or the husband has not come back from work that they can be free from distractions. They can have that time as their closet time and maximize it.

*The devil will always attack your closet time. He will focus on the time that you need privacy with God, but at other times when people are with you, he leaves you alone.* And then there are times the Holy Spirit comes to you to stir you up to pray. You need to withdraw from people at such times. *Many times, to get a closet-kind of environment, you have to excuse yourself from human presence.* Just say, “Please excuse me, I just want to spend the next ten minutes with God,” then go somewhere. *When you begin to practise that courageously, people will respect you for it and then you'll discover that you will begin to be more powerful in prayer.*

*PRAYER:* Dear Holy Spirit, I permit You to call me apart in the midst of the hustle and bustle of life to a place of prayer. I receive the sensitivity to know when You are drawing me and when the devil is attacking in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Numbers 21:1-22:20, Luke 1:26-56, Psalm 57:1-11, Proverbs 11:9-11

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:00am On Mar 15, 2019
FRIDAY, 15TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: MEN-PLEASERS ARE NEVER POWERFUL IN PRAYER
ACTS 4:18-20; JAMES 4:4

One of the reasons people are not powerful in prayer is because they are men-pleasers at the expense of God. It takes courage to pray because the devil will always attack your prayer time by bringing people to whom you can hardly say, “No.” Of course, because you don't want to look like somebody from heaven, disconnected from human beings, you succumb. I tell believers to be careful that you don’t have people in your life to whom you cannot say “no”; people that are not of God because if you do, the devil will always have them as his entry point into your life.

If you are fond of saying, “I'm praying,” every time people come to see you, you will hardly have any friends, but you can find the time to have that closet-kind of environment. It can be found, it can be available, like Jesus did early in the morning. He didn't offend anybody because they had not woken up. He woke up earlier than everybody, but to do that, He had to conquer His flesh to get a closet where He could pray.

Pray to your Father in secret and He will reward you openly with miracles, signs and wonders. You need to conquer your flesh. Many people cooperate with their flesh and the narrative of their life is one of prayer failure. God wants you to be a prayer champion, a powerful person in prayer and you need to look at this principle of discovering the best time to have a closet atmosphere.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive courage, boldness and wisdom to fight for my closet time and prayer hour. I declare a divine separation from anyone who can be the devil’s handle in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 22:21-23:30, Luke 1:57-80, Psalm 58:1-11, Proverbs 11:12-13

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:47am On Mar 16, 2019
SATURDAY, 16TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: SHUT YOUR DOOR IN SECRET TO RECEIVE OPEN REWARDS
MATTHEW 6:6

Imagine you decided, “I'm going to spend the next hour praying to God and dealing with this particular matter with my Father in heaven,” and suddenly a friend comes visiting. Do you leave your prayer to answer your friend or do you tell your friend to wait for you? That's what “shut your door” means. You can open your door to a visitor or other distractions or you can open your door to God. But you can shut your door and say, “Not now, I have a business with God at this time” and shut the door on every other thing and then you get blessed.

Some years ago, a member of our church came to see me for counsel and she was told that I was praying and I had been there for a number of hours. Before I finished, she had left. The person wrote me and said, “Pastor, I came to see you and you didn't come out.” I said, “I was receiving from the presence of God what makes me your pastor. I can't leave the presence of God because if I function as a human being like you, I can't be a blessing to anybody. But with the anointing of God on my life, I can be a blessing to you.” I had to shut my door like that.

That's what it means to shut your door, to pray to your Father which is in secret and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly. The rewards include answers to prayers, a peaceful home, a powerful ministry, the anointing of God and signs and wonders as it was in the life of Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord, I choose to shut the door to every distraction and open to You. I need You every hour, I choose the peace that Your tender voice affords me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 24:1-25:18, Luke 2:1-35, Psalm 59:1-17, Proverbs 11:14

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2019
SUNDAY, 17TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: TWO REASONS WHY PRAYERS ARE UNANSWERED
PSALM 65

Many prayers of the children of God are products of their ignorance and wrong thinking and as such they are unanswerable. I do not mean God does not hear them; but He cannot answer their prayers because they are not scriptural. For the next couple of days, I will be sharing with you some basic steps that will ensure your breakthrough in prayers.

We shall be studying Psalm 65 which to me is one of the best chapters in the bible on prayers- penned by a man that knew what he was talking about- David. He certainly knew how to pray. Not only that, he also got results from his prayers. Many can pray, but with no result!

Please note this secret very well: the lack of breakthrough in the prayer life of many is not because they cannot pray long and hard enough. No, some wonderful saints of God can certainly pray volumes and gallons but receive mere trickles for answers. Prayer failure can be attributed to two major reasons:

(a) Ignorance
(b) Wrong thinking

Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” When you are ignorant about a thing, the devil cheats you in that area. Likewise, wrong thinking has given birth to many unanswerable prayers. Wrong thinking is the child of an unrenewed mind. The greatest enemy that born-again people have is not the devil but their unrenewed mind. A lot of wrong information has been stored in their unrenewed minds which gives birth to wrong opinions of the devil, God and themselves.

These twin obstacles must be completely dealt with before you can begin to enjoy breakthrough in your prayer life. The solution to the two lies in the word of God.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive a divine cleansing and renewal of my mind. Teach my hands to war in the place of prayer in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 26:1-51, Luke 2:36-52, Psalm 60:1-12, Proverbs 11:15

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog / Dr. Anyi Obi Causes A Scene At A Church Program In Mexico. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.