Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Spirit Meat Devotional - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit Meat Devotional (51400 Views)

Spirit Meat Devotional January 13, : How To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotional For Jan. 10: Topic -how To Develop The Anointing Within / Spirit Meat Devotion By Rev. Olusola Areogun- The Holy Spirit An The Word Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:46am On Mar 18, 2019
SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN
Monday, 18th March 2019

CULTIVATE THE HABIT OF PRAISE
PSALM 65:1A, JOHN 11:41

Most times, the order in our prayers both publicly and privately is: petition first then praise later or not at all. Very few Christians have learnt to tap the power that lies in praise. There is more power released when you praise than when you pray! Does it sound untrue? First, praise is an act of your faith in God. Secondly, praise glorifies God and recognizes the sovereignty of God over all things. By praising God, you tell Him that you know He can and will do what you are asking.

Psalm 22:3 means when you praise God, He comes down and sits enthroned upon your praises. Can you imagine that? God makes your praise His throne! Notice something significant; when we pray, we go into His presence to present our petitions but when we praise Him, He comes down and sits upon our praises and things beyond our wildest imagination begin to happen.

Praise from your lips is something so beautiful that God cannot resist it. Praise and thanksgiving characterize the life of a person who is filled with the spirit and word of God - Ephesians 5:18-19, Colossians 3:16. The highest form of worship and fellowship that you can have with the Father comes when you begin to praise Him - Psalm 50:23. Begin to UN-ASHAMEDLY PRAISE Him anywhere, both privately and publicly. Praise brings some of the most wonderful releases of the spirit you will ever know. 

PRAYER: 
Lord, I receive a heart and posture that praises you worthily as you deserve in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Numbers 26:52-28:15, Luke 3:1-22, Psalm 61:1-8, Proverbs 11:16-17

www.spiritmeat.net
www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org
www.soundcloud.com/solaareogun
www.dciradio.org
YouTube Channel- Sola Areogun Ministries
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:27am On Mar 19, 2019
Tuesday, 19th March 2019

HOW VOWS AFFECT YOUR PRAYER LIFE (1)
PSALM 65:1B, PSALM 56:12 (LEB), ECCLESIASTES 5:2-6

One of the keys that gives birth to breaking through in the place of prayer is performing your vows. Not fulfilling your vow can lead to failure in the place of prayer. In the next three days, I want to show you secrets about your vows.

A vow is a promise deed. Covenants and vows are very similar and yet different. Both have been from of old and are not limited to Bible characters. Men from time immemorial have been cutting covenants and making vows! The two are binding on the parties involved. Both bring men unto an entirely new relationship altogether as far as the parties are concerned. A covenant is not initiated by a man of God- rather God initiates it and presents it to the man. On the contrary, a vow is initiated by the man and he presents it to God.

A vow can range from a tithe to quiet time or a fast and so on. A vow will then mean any promise you have made to or before God to perform. The reason many are prayer failures is that they have been unfaithful in their vows. In Ecclesiastes 5:2-6, the Bible says if you fail to pay a vow, it is equivalent to sin such that God gets angry at your voice or your prayer. Therefore, because you have been unfaithful in paying your vow a crack is created for Satan to operate through and bring destruction. Look back over your life and see which vow you have not kept. It may be a pledge to give some money you made on the spur of the moment- it is still a vow. 

PRAYER: 
Holy Spirit, bring back to my remembrance every vow I have made in the past and I receive power and grace to fulfil them in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Numbers 28:16-29:40, Luke 3:23-38, Psalm 62:1-12, Proverbs 11:18-19

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:38am On Mar 20, 2019
Wednesday, 20th March, 2019

HOW VOWS AFFECT YOUR PRAYER LIFE (2) - 1 PETER 3:7, ECCLESIASTES 5:2-6

Some of you are married and are making your partner unhappy- that is a breach of your marriage vows. When you fail to honour your wife as it is due and you make her unhappy, it amounts to a breach of the marriage vows and your prayer becomes hindered. Submission on the part of the wife has to be done in the light of the Bible. It is not slavish bondage and the Bible does not say the husband is the head of the spirit of the wife. So, if the husband is not born again he cannot give rules that are against the dictates of God and ask his wife to submit to such. Submission is a thing of beauty for a wife. A breach here leads to hindered prayer on the part of the wife.

Whenever you make a promise to God or people and you break it, you get break-downs in prayer. Psalm 15:4b (ESV), “…who swears to his own hurt and does not change;” That is a mark of the man that can stand before God and receive blessings from His hands. Now take this advice: do not run from making vows because you are afraid you might not keep them.

Vows locate where your commitment is, just like your voice locates your faith. Vows dictate your actions. If you know the solemnity of vows, you won’t run from making them. God encourages you to make vows.
The mark of spiritual pilgrims is the making and payment of vows! Abraham in Genesis 14:22 and Jacob in Genesis 28:20-22; Jephthah in Judges 11:29-40, though he made a rash vow, he kept it and God honoured him. His name entered the roll of honour in Hebrews 11. Men have been known to make vows when in a tight corner and God always honours such.

PRAYER: Lord, I pray for divine sensitivity to critical moments when making a vow is a key to victory and success in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 30:1-31:54, Luke 4:1-30, Psalm 63:1-11, Proverbs 11:20-21

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:00am On Mar 21, 2019
THURSDAY, 21ST MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: HOW VOWS AFFECT YOUR PRAYER LIFE (3)
PSALM 66:13-14, PROVERBS 20:25

A lot of you have made vows when in desperate situations but after God brought you out, you forgot all about your vows – that is why you do not have breakthroughs in prayer. Repent and pay your vows! Check Psalm 66:13-14.

FACTS ABOUT VOWS

1. They must be voluntary - Deut. 23:21-22

2. They must be voiced audibly before God – Deut. 23:23, 5: 2-6

3. Once made, they are binding – Psalm 56:12

4. Unfaithfulness with vows is regarded as sin- Eccl. 5:6

When you vow, you declare before God what you want Him to do for you. That is, you actually get God to move by presenting a vow before Him. He permits Himself to be committed to the terms of the vow!

You need to know the scripture well to make a meaningful and not a rash vow. There are things already yours in Christ. When making vows (a) declare plainly the help you require from God (b) claim that help by faith from the beginning. (c) state clearly what you will do when God does His own part. (d) begin to do your own part because God will NEVER fail to do His.

God always takes a man’s vow very seriously. You will never see God ever disappoint a man’s vow! Don’t be frivolous with your vows! God can see your heart. Remember, vows also include promises you made to someone or God and not necessarily only what you uttered when in trouble.

PRAYER: Lord, I repent of every vow that I have broken. I pray for divine wisdom and guidance to fulfil them in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 32:1-33:39, Luke 4:31-5:11, Psalm 64:1-10, Proverbs 11:22

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 2:44am On Mar 22, 2019
FRIDAY, 22ND MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: THREE ANCHORS FOR A PRAYER THAT GOD ANSWERS
PSALM 65:2

Now comes the prayer. Note that God cannot answer prayer unless it fulfils the following:

(a) It is in faith - Hebrew 11:6
(b) It is according to His will - 1 John 5:14-15
(c) It is from a holy heart - Psalm 66:18

In fact, once you ascertain that God will hear you, it is as good as saying you have the answer – John 5:13-14. The problem with many is that they are never sure of God’s will about them and the situation they are praying about. That’s why you need to get into His word. The Word of God is the will of God revealed – so to find His will about anything, go to His word.

Isaiah 45:19 (TLB) “I publicly proclaim bold promises; I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner that no one can know what I mean. And I didn’t tell Israel to ask me for what I didn’t plan to give! No, for I Jehovah speak only truth and righteousness that’s God.”

God never promised anything too good to be true neither has He promised to give you what is not in the Bible. When you see any promise in the Bible, it belongs to only one person! HE THAT BELIEVES! THAT IS YOU IF YOU DARE TO BELIEVE IT. YOU ARE TO BOLDLY STAND ON HIS WORD.

People get into all kinds of deception because they do not get into the word of God and find what He says for them. Unless your prayer is covered by scripture, you will not receive. It is just like someone who does not pay tithe and is believing God to rebuke the devourer from his labour. That is not answerable. He is not fulfilling the scripture. Likewise, a brother not doing any work and asking God to bless him is not scriptural– what would God bless?

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You! Help me to pray according to Your own will in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 33:40-35:34, Luke 5:12-28, Psalm 65:1-13, Proverbs 11:23

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:09am On Mar 23, 2019
SATURDAY, 23RD MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: GOD CONFIRMS HIS WORD NOT YOUR OPINION
JEREMIAH 1:12

Yesterday, I told you that unless your prayer is covered by scripture, you will not receive. The Bible says he who does not work should not eat. Have you seen a preacher asking God to follow his preaching with signs while all he does is share testimonies and traditions? There is no amount of fasting and praying that can get signs to follow such. The Bible says in Jeremiah 1:12 that God is watching His WORD not the preacher. God confirms the Word and not your opinion. Acts 14:3 says God gave witness to the WORD OF HIS GRACE by signs and wonders not to Paul and Barnabas.

The amount of the correct knowledge of God you have when you pray determines the level of your breakthrough. Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing the Word of God. This means that for you to have faith when you pray, you need to stock your spirit with the word. The Word of God gives birth to faith in God. Ephesians 5:27 says the way by which the Lord Jesus purifies His church is through the washing of water by the Word. The word of God is the thing that purifies your heart. This clearly shows the importance of the Word.

Earlier, I had told you that two major things cause prayer breakdowns, namely ignorance and wrong thinking. Ignorance gives birth to all kinds of wrong prayers while accurate knowledge of the Word removes ignorance. Deep and constant meditation on the Word will cause your mind to become renewed to the truths of the New Testament. A renewed mind is the best aid to faith and prayer. It takes time and effort to do this, but if you pay the price you will enjoy the rewards.

PRAYER: Lord, open my eyes to where my Word is! I receive divine sensitivity and the wisdom to wage war correctly with the Word in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 36:1-Deuteronomy 1:46, Luke 5:29-6:11, Psalm 66:1-20, Proverbs 11:24-26

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:10am On Mar 24, 2019
SUNDAY, 24TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: THE POWER OF WALKING IN REDEMPTION IN THE PLACE OF PRAYER
PSALM 65:3, ISAIAH 53:6, ROMANS 6:14

Sin is the greatest barrier between men and God. God cannot hear you when there is sin in your life. When iniquities prevail against you, in the New Testament it shows that you have not learnt to walk in the redemption that belongs to you. The atonement God provided for our transgressions is our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Even under the old covenant, David knew the blessedness of the grace of God - he says in Psalm 32:1 “Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven whose sin is covered.” David walked in the consciousness of that. As long as you walk with the remembrance of your sin, you can never grow in grace and stand before God. The righteousness that God gives to you is an ability; the ability to stand in the presence of God as though you had never sinned.

A son has a consciousness of his sonship, always. It is an in-born thing. He does not keep reminding the father or himself of that fact, he simply takes the place of the son with confidence. You did not make yourself righteous. You do not have to feel righteous. Many people feel condemned and cannot deal with problems if they fail to pray in the morning. The fact that a son does not greet his father in the morning does not stop him from remaining his son.

Prayer is not what makes you righteous! Righteousness and your understanding of it, make you able to pray more effectively. A righteous man is, simply put, the man who knows he is a son of God and walks in prayer like it is so. That is what the redemption of Christ brought. Check Romans 3:21-26

PRAYER: Lord, I receive grace to walk in the victory I have obtained in Christ Jesus. I take authority over every form of fear and condemnation in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 2:1- 3:29, Luke 6:12-38, Psalm 67:1-7, Proverbs 11:27

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 1:46am On Mar 25, 2019
Monday, 25th March 2019

COME BEFORE GOD AS A SON
PSALM 65:4(A), I JOHN 4:18

There is nothing that gladdens the heart of God more than to see His sons that He redeemed with such price take their places before Him as His sons, recognizing His Fatherhood and thus make their requests. A father’s chief joy is seen mostly when his children come before him with the freedom of loved ones and with confidence to ask things they need of him. He is only too glad to give them because by so doing they portray him as a good and loving father.

When you trust in the love of God on your behalf and you love Him in return, you approach Him with the confidence of a son, but when you come as a beggar you dishonour Him. The blood of Jesus makes you worthy and that blood is there speaking better things concerning you. The Pharisees had a proud approach, boasting in their self- righteousness and good works; but a bold approach is one that recognizes that God is the One who justifies.
Hebrews 4:16, Hebrews 10:18-21 and 1 John 3:19-21 are scriptures that should rejoice the heart of any man.

Ephesian 3:2 (Williams Translation) is one I really love – “By union with Him and through faith in him we have a free and confidential introduction to God.” A confidential introduction to God! A sponsorship. Our high Priest being there for us. How does it sound to you? Your approach to God determines what you will be able to ask for. Some think God will feel they are becoming too burdensome to ask Him for certain things. You are to ask for all and everything you need. 

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the boldness and the heart of a son that comes to the father boldly. I rise above every form of accusation of the enemy in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Deuteronomy 4:1-49, Luke 6:39-7:10, Psalm 68:1-18, Proverbs 11:28

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 1:51am On Mar 26, 2019
TUESDAY, 26TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: GOD INVITES YOU AS A SPECIAL GUEST INTO HIS PRESENCE.
EXODUS 25:20-22, JAMES 2:13

You are God’s special INVITEE; you are His own guest. He invites you to His unlimited presence. No one is more wanted or better welcome than you there. I pray God that your spirit man will be strong enough to grasp the idea of your reception at His throne. The throne of love. The throne of unmerited favour. The throne of mercy.

Hebrews 4:16 makes it clear that God is waiting for His children in the place of mercy and not the place of judgment. That should give you confidence to approach Him even when you mistakenly do wrong, don’t run from him. He is waiting to show you mercy.

GOD WILL RATHER SHOW MERCY TO MAN THAN JUDGE MAN! God is more willing to be merciful than He is to judge. David said “if God will mark iniquity no one can stand”; but the mercy of God provides forgiveness for the repentant ones. Listen, I know that Christians are more eager to judge an erring brother than we are to show mercy to such, but I have good news for you – God is rather willing to forgive such people.

When people have missed it, they ought not to run from God but to run to Him. There is mercy for you there if you are His. God is waiting for unbelievers on the throne of judgment but for His child, He is waiting at the place of mercy. Anytime you go into His presence, remember as far as you are concerned, there is mercy waiting for you that makes you go in with confidence and boldness like a beloved son. That is what you are if you are born-again.

PRAYER: Father, I thank you for the privilege of sonship. Thank you for the divine invitation and the awesome honour to have access to your throne. I receive the wisdom to walk in the reality of this in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 5:1-6:25, Luke 7:11-35, Psalm 68:19-35, Proverbs 11:29-31

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:36am On Mar 27, 2019
WEDNESDAY, 27TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: ENJOYING YOUR TIME IN HIS PRESENCE (1)
PSALM 65:4B, JOHN 17:20-24

There is an aspect of prayer that many don’t know- INTIMATE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD! Psalm 27:4-5 talks of you becoming a LOVER OF GOD. First beholding His indescribable beauty. This is absolutely true. GOD LONGS FOR YOUR CLOSE FELLOWSHIP; your stay in His courts is actually one of the high points of God’s day. It is true!

Men who have done the most for God; who have brought the best evidence of heaven to the earth; and who have been most like God have all been men who spent the most time enjoying His presence.

This is not about asking for things. It is about you just worshiping, adoring and basking in His light. Psalm 91:1, Psalm 84:10-11, Psalm 37:4, speaks of an area of worship and fellowship that God desires and very few have entered.

A study of Jesus’ life and speeches brings out the fact that He actually was longing to be united back with the Father in that sacred, unfathomable fellowship they have had and the beauty and majesty of His work is that He desires you and I to share in it.

When you start to hang around God, you start looking like Him. Do you know that a husband-wife team that has gone through so much together sometimes look alike physically – that can happen when you become such a lover of God. Most of the time you forget that you are married to Jesus in the spirit and your spirit needs the fellowship – God NEEDS it too. That is how to get strength.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive the grace to tarry and enjoy your presence in Jesus’ name!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 7:1-8:20, Luke 7:36-8:3, Psalm 69:1-18, Proverbs 12:1

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:09am On Mar 28, 2019
THURSDAY, 28TH, MARCH 2019

ENJOYING YOUR TIME IN HIS PRESENCE (2) - ECCLESIASTES 8:3, PSALM 65:4(B)

Psalm 91:1 says when you dwell in the secret place of the Most High, you are always under unlimited anointing; the presence of God literally follows you around. Eccl. 8:3 is strange to many children of God. “Be not hasty to leave His presence”. Do not rush in and out of His presence. Learn to wait and behold His beauty and all the things in His presence will cling to you! It is as you behold His image that you are changed into the same image – 2 Cor. 3:18.

David says in Psalm 84:10(a): A day spent in His presence is better and gets more results than 1000 days spent trying to figure out things by your ability. A thousand days is nearly 3 years, that is to say, you will achieve more things in a whole day spent in God’s presence than 3 years of planning and scheming and dependence on men! That is a serious food for thought. You can come to such a place that your fellowship with God is more than anything earth can offer. There is no better way for freedom from the pull of the world.

The best way for the world to lose its pull on you is to become so lost in God that you do not have a taste for anything else. The Bible says, “to a hungry man every bitter thing is sweet but to a filled man even honey is tasteless” (Proverbs 27:7, paraphrased). You can become so filled with heaven that the best the world has to offer you is like gravel. This is PRAYER BREAKTHROUGH PAR EXCELLENCE! Psalm 65:4(b) talks of you becoming satisfied with the goodness of God’s House.

PRAYER: I take authority over every form of haste and illegal busyness in your presence in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 9:1-10:22, Luke 8:4-21, Psalm 69:19-36, Proverbs 12:2-3

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:00am On Mar 29, 2019
FRIDAY, 29TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: MARKS OF ANSWERS FROM GOD (1)
PSALM 65:5

When God answers prayers, He does so in several ways. First of which you will see in Psalm 65:5 “By awesome deeds in righteousness you will answer us.”

Let me give you examples of God answering His people in His righteousness. In 2 Chro. 20:20-28, the Bible says God did the following things for them.

(a) God set ambushments against the enemies and smote them.

(b) The enemy helped to destroy one another.

(c) God gave them the wealth of the wicked that they were three days gathering the spoils.

(d) They were made to rejoice over the enemies.

(e) The fear of the Lord came upon those countries round about them.

(f) The realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet for God gave him rest round about. God gives rest all round to those who prevail in prayers.

Let me give you another example of awesome deeds of righteousness in Numbers 23:24. Three times Balak moved Balaam to curse the children of Israel so they might be smitten in battle. Without their being aware of this, God defended them for His name is Jehovah-Tsidkenu. He is the Lord our Righteousness. Numbers 22:12 “And God said unto Balaam, Thou shalt not go with them; thou shalt not curse the people for they are blessed.” Despite this warning, Balaam still went and God in His righteousness defended His own.

In Numbers 23:21-23, you will see the righteousness of God delivering His people from enchantments and curses. There is no enchantment against you in Christ. In Acts 26:25-31, we see how God brought His presence down to Paul and Silas in prison when they prayed and sang praises. Jesus in John 11 thanked God and called Lazarus forth out of the grave. These are just a few of the awesome things God will do for you in righteousness in answer to your prayers.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive a flow of awesome deeds over my life and affairs in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 11:1-12:32, Luke 8:22-39, Psalm 70:1-5, Proverbs 12:4

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:51am On Mar 30, 2019
SATURDAY, 30TH MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: MARKS OF ANSWERS FROM GOD (2)
PSALM 65:7, 8B

Yesterday, we saw how God answers by awesome deeds in righteousness. Today, I will show you how God answers in divine quietness/prosperity and unlimited Joy.

DIVINE QUIETNESS
Psalm 65:7 “Which stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the people.” God will bring quietness to your life’s situations. He will still all the enemies of your success.

Job 34:29 “When He giveth quietness, who then can make trouble?” It is only in the atmosphere of quietness that the gospel can best be preached, that is why Paul says in I Tim. 2:1-3 that we should pray for leaders. You can prosper more in an atmosphere of quietness. It does not mean that problems won’t come, but they do not even move you! You become too much for your problems!

JOY-UNLIMITED
Psalm 65:8b: “Thou makest the outgoings of the morning and evening of rejoice”. This talks of all day rejoicing. God makes you joyful. Nothing disturbs your joy. Remember in John 14:12, the master says: “Ask and you will keep receiving until your joy is full.” God gives you all things that will contribute to the joy of your faith. God says “joy is divine strength.” - Neh. 8:10.

Because of the power of joy, God gives you answers to prayers, so your joy will be full and so your strength is much. You don’t faint in the days of adversity. Pro. 24:10. Beloved, there is joy unlimited awaiting you.

PRAYER: Lord, I welcome divine quietness and unlimited joy; let them accompany my journey going forward in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 13:1-15:23, Luke 8:40-9:6, Psalm 71:1-24, Proverbs 12:5-7

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:41am On Mar 31, 2019
SUNDAY, 31ST MARCH 2019.

TOPIC: MARKS OF ANSWERS FROM GOD (3)
PSALM 65:9-13

There are divine markers when God answers your prayer. So far, I have shared with you three of these markers, namely: awesome deeds in righteousness, divine quietness and unlimited joy. Today, I will show you one more – DIVINE VISITATIONS.

Psalm 65:9-13 “Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it. Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrows thereof: thou makest it soft with showers: thou blessest the springing thereof. Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness. They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side. The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.”

The Bible says that in answer to prayer, DIVINE VISITATIONS come; a time of Divine promises. Divine Visitation brings watering – that is speaking of refreshing and revival. Divine Visitation also brings spiritual enriching. The River of God is always full of riches. When God visits, He always leaves so much riches in all realms of your life.

Again, divine visitation brings corn. These talks of material needs being supplied. Hunger vanishes and you are divinely provided for. A time of Divine Visitation is a time God prepares your life to receive special seedling and harvesting. It is always a time of special blessings. Again, Divine Visitation is a time that crowns your whole year with goodness. All the paths of God drop fatness for you when He visits- these talk of unlimited prosperity. May you not miss your day of visitation! All it takes to change a mean situation is a Divine Visitation. Are you ready for a Divine Visitation? May the Lord visit you this year with His glory.

PRAYER: Lord, let there be demonstrations and manifestations of divine visitations when it concerns me in Jesus’ name. Amen

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 16:1-17:20, Luke 9:7-27, Psalm 72:1-20, Proverbs 12:8-9

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:01am On Apr 01, 2019

MONDAY, 1ST APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: OUR CALL TO IMITATE
1 CORINTHIANS 4:15-16; 11:1

This month, we will consider a very important topic in spiritual growth and fulfilling your divine destiny. While mentoring is now a commonplace word in the Body of Christ and among professionals, God is more interested in kingdom fathering in order to multiply the moves of God that has started with the fathers.

God has raised kingdom fathers to model Himself to the younger believers so that what He has started through these fathers can continue at a greater level when they are gone. While the wrong imitation can be a limitation, engaging in the right kind of imitation is the basis of true and lasting greatness in life.

If there is anything you can do well today, you began by imitating someone! To succeed at any endeavour in life, the beginning of excellence in that task or vocation is to find someone who can do it well to teach you. Your performance will reflect whether a mediocre or a genius taught you.

More importantly, the Bible is abundantly clear that God has called us to imitate without planning to limit us in any way. The believers’ call to imitate is rooted in the word “follow”. The word “follow” is from the Greek word “mimitai” which is also the root word for “imitate” in the English language. Therefore, when Apostle Paul said, “Be ye followers of me,” he was calling the Corinthian church to imitate Him.

Come with me on a journey into the word of God as we learn to follow or imitate as God planned it to be.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to see the truth of imitation as it pertains to me this month. I humble myself to unlearn and re-learn in order to be all that you want me to be in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 18:1-20:20, Luke 9:28-50, Psalm 73:1-28, Proverbs 12:10

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:02am On Apr 02, 2019

Tuesday, 2nd April 2019.

IMITATING GOD THE FATHER
MATTHEW 5:48

A common theme in the Bible is “examples”. God constantly uses examples to show us how to reach certain outcomes of prosperity, faith, greatness and victory. We are given these examples so that we can imitate what these great men and women did and reach the heights they did in life and destiny. 

Let’s examine some examples of those we should imitate in order to achieve the greatness that God has in mind for us.  

1. The Almighty God. 

The Bible constantly encourages us to be like our Father in heaven. He made us for worship and he strives to see us become just like Him. This covers every spectrum of our being. It affects our words, actions, desires, thoughts and relationships. The Bible tells us in Matthew 5:48 to be therefore perfect, even as our father in heaven is perfect. 

This can seem like a daunting, insurmountable task but one thing to note is that the process of imitating God is a life-long process. It never ends. God is infinite in His glory and excellence and as such, we are constantly improving ourselves to be more and more like Him. 

The way to imitate God, first and foremost, is to study Him in His word; you need to know Him before you can truly imitate Him. This is our core mission in life and destiny; to be more like him.

PRAYER: 
Dear father, help me to know you. I ask that you show yourself strong to me and give me the strength to be more like you each day. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Deuteronomy 21:1-22:30, Luke 9:51-10:12, Psalm 74:1-23, Proverbs 12:11

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:56am On Apr 03, 2019
WEDNESDAY, 3RD APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: IMITATING JESUS CHRIST (1)
HEBREWS 12:1-4

Jesus is our pattern; He is the main example for us as God’s children. In fact, one of the core reasons he came to earth was to model for us how to live in holiness and truth. God wants more than anything that we become more like Christ each day so that He can be the firstborn among many brothers. The quality of our individual Christianity is directly linked to how similar we are to Christ.

There are many places in which the Bible encourages us to be like Jesus, to follow His example. Hebrews 12 goes even further in explaining to us what we are to do. The various steps to take in following the example of Christ are as follows:

1) Understand that you are compassed about by a great cloud of witnesses, in that you must be aware of the eternal side of our journey on earth. Your focus must always be on the eternal, and the only way to truly embark on this journey to be like Jesus is to have eternity on your mind.

2) Lay aside weights and besetting sins. A besetting sin refers to any sin that constantly trips you up in your walk with God. As humans, we all have our weaknesses and vices: some lie easily, some steal, others backbite or cheat. You need to identify such areas and focus on them with the intention of becoming like Jesus.

PRAYER: Dear father, help me to know you. I ask that you show yourself strong to me and give me the strength to be more like you each day. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 23:1-25:19, Luke 10:13-37, Psalm 75:1-10, Proverbs 12:12-14

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:42am On Apr 04, 2019

Thursday, 4th April 2019.

IMITATING JESUS CHRIST (2)
HEBREWS 12:1-4

3) Run your race with patience. The road to becoming like Christ is a life-long journey which will not end in a week. More-so, you must stay on the path of Christ-likeness. This requires patience in the place of prayer and discipline.

4) Look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. Here, the Bible encourages us to study the life of Jesus, pointing out to us that he endured the shame of the cross and is now seated at the right hand of God.
Our focus must always be on God, no matter what we do or who we are. He must be at the forefront of our minds. When times get tough and the world turns against you for your faith in Jesus, hold fast, remembering Jesus who endured a lot of hatred and hostility from the very people He came to liberate from the hold of darkness.

5) What would Jesus do? This is a question you must constantly ask yourself wherever you are. We face many choices on a daily basis and temptations to sin abound. However, beyond all that, this question must be our default approach. Before you lose your temper or give in to your “sinful nature”, ask yourself, would Jesus do this? In 1 Peter 2:21-22, the Bible tells us to aim to be like Christ, following in his example of doing no sin and conducting ourselves in a Godly manner. 

PRAYER: 
Dear father, help me to know you. I ask that you show yourself strong to me and give me the strength to be more like you each day. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Deuteronomy 23:1-25:19, Luke 10:13-37, Psalm 75:1-10, Proverbs 12:12-14.

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:08am On Apr 05, 2019

Friday, 5th April 2019.

IMITATION THROUGH MENTORSHIP (1)
1 KINGS 2:1-10

Another area in which the Bible gives us ample examples is mentorship. The entire purpose of being mentored is to imitate the mentor. It’s absolutely critical to find a mentor as a Christian. You will have numerous instructors but there comes a time to distinguish between them from those who will mentor you in destiny.

God links men to men in destiny for mentoring. Mentoring will save you from all the errors that untrained and untutored people are vulnerable to in their journey. During mentorship, you are shown the mistakes and triumphs of those who have gone ahead of you, giving you the advantage in solving the puzzles of life. The lack of a God-given mentor leads to a non-guaranteed future in life and destiny. Let’s consider some examples from the bible.

1) Moses and Joshua. In Judges 2:6-11, we see that Israel went the wrong way after Joshua died. The reason this happened was quite simple: Joshua didn’t mentor any successor to keep Israel on the right path after his time. This is a stark contrast to his relationship with Moses, his predecessor who mentored him in the ways of the Lord.

2) David and Solomon. David was very thorough in ensuring that the people of Israel were in safe hands after he passed. He mentored Solomon by telling him what he must do in order to have a fulfilling reign as king of Israel. Even though Solomon was divinely chosen by God to be king after David, David took great pains to show him those little foxes that could destroy his destiny on the throne. 

PRAYER: Lord, link me up with my destiny mentors and open my heart to learn from and imitate them. Amen! 

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 
Deuteronomy 28:1-68, Luke 11:14-36, Psalm 77:1-20, Proverbs 12:18

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:07am On Apr 06, 2019

SATURDAY, 6TH APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: IMITATION THROUGH MENTORSHIP (2)
1 KINGS 2:1-10

3) Elijah and Elisha.

Elisha served Elijah faithfully and allowed himself to be mentored correctly. As a result, he did many great things for God with his life. However, he did not apply the same mentorship structure to Gehazi. He allowed Gehazi to make the mistakes that Elijah had prevented in his own life and this led to Gehazi’s failures in destiny.

There are many young men and women today who claim to be called into ministry at one level or the other. Unfortunately, many of them do not prepare and immediately hit the ground running with “their call”. Not long after this, they begin to realise that they do not really know what they are doing. They have a lot of unanswered questions: where to go, when to go and who to go with. No matter who you are or the level of talent or anointing you believe you possess, any call you perceive upon your life is first a call to training.

Moses had to be trained. He did not arrive at greatness on his own; he had to go through many years of rigorous training. Paul the Apostle had to be trained. Even Jesus our Lord and saviour, who was filled with the Holy Spirit beyond measure, had to be trained and had to grow before he could manifest to the world. If all these great men had to go through training for their destinies to manifest, then how much more you and I?

PRAYER: Lord, link me up with my destiny mentors and open my heart to learn from and imitate them. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 29:1-30:20, Luke 11:37-12:7, Psalm 78:1-31, Proverbs 12:19-20

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by scofficial: 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
This is interesting. Thank you for posting it!

1 Like

Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2019

SUNDAY, 7TH APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: ARE YOU IMITATING CHRIST OR PLAYING CHURCH?
MATTHEW 4:19; EPHESIANS 5:1

The first call of our Lord Jesus Christ to any disciple is a call to imitate Him; not simply join a Church or accept religion. Matthew 4:19 says, “And He saith unto them, follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.” It is in following (imitating) our saviour and Lord Jesus Christ, that we can be made into what He wants us to be. IT IS FOLLOWERS WHO ARE BECOMERS IN THE PLAN OF GOD.

Ephesians 5:1 says, “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children.” That is as clear as it gets. If you want to be like God, then you have to imitate Him. WE BECOME LIKE THOSE WE IMITATE! How can you imitate God that you cannot see? That is why God set kingdom fathers in the office of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers in the Body of Christ in order to lead His church to be like Him. Apostle Paul exemplified this in great measure.

In 1 Corinthians 11:1, He told the church “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” Paul instructs us on the kind of kingdom father to follow and imitate: ONE WHO IS IMITATING CHRIST. It means we are to follow spiritual leaders only to the degree that they are following Christ. At any point where a spiritual leader stops following Christ, you are divinely permitted to stop following him or her. In this verse is the safety valve in imitation. Don’t just follow men blindly. Follow Christ in men.

PRAYER: Lord, I see it now! Thank you for sending Your servant to model Your character and nature for me. I refuse to be misled in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 31:1-32:27, Luke 12:8-34, Psalm 78:32-55, Proverbs 12:21-23

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 3:23am On Apr 08, 2019

MONDAY, 8TH APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: KINGDOM FATHERS ARE MORE THAN INSTRUCTORS
1 CORINTHIANS 4:15-16

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 says, “For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.”

The matter of imitation was of such importance to God’s programme that Apostle Paul sent Timothy to bring the Corinthian Church into remembrance of his (Paul’s) ways. The following are key lessons from today’s passage:

i. DO NOT HAVE MANY FATHERS. There must be a few men in your life whose words and manner of life is more than just a nice teaching but life examples.

ii. Each one of us must come to a place in our walk with God that we make a distinction between MANY INSTRUCTORS AVAILABLE AND THE FEW FATHERS WE NEED. This is because there will be more instructors in Christ than fathers in Christ.

iii. You can have several instructors on the different platforms available today, but it takes more time to develop fathers in the crucible of the Holy Ghost than instructors. Being an instructor is a call but being a father is a PRICE and life-long sacrifice.

iv. Authentic kingdom fathers will be difficult to find but instructors are readily available.

v. You have to be discerning to know who is a father and who is not.

vi. You also need to be led by the Holy Spirit for clarity on “Who is a father to you?” The fact that a person is a father in the Body of Christ does not mean he is a father to you; but you must give them the honour of fathers at all times!

vii. Your own God-given father is the one you are to imitate.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask that You lead me to the kingdom father that You have chosen for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 32:28-52, Luke 12:35-59, Psalm 78:56-64, Proverbs 12:24

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:31am On Apr 09, 2019
*SPIRIT MEAT DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY REV OLUSOLA AND REV OYENIKE AREOGUN*

TUESDAY, 9TH APRIL 2019.

*TOPIC: TRUE FATHERS ARE DIVINE STANDARDS TO MEASURE MEN*
PHILIPPIANS 3:7; 18-19

Philippians 3:17 says; _Brethren, be followers together of me and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example._ *Authentic kingdom fathers serve as a divine standard by which we measure men who come to us!* No one should ever cheat you in life if you have been raised by a father. *The true fathers in the Body of Christ are God’s standard by which we measure men before we give them our submission.* It is only a fatherless believer that can be duped by charlatans.

One of my sons said, *“To be fatherless in the world can be by force but to be fatherless in the kingdom is by choice.”* And that would be a dangerous choice because you will have no divine standard to measure the claims of men. Little wonder many churches are regularly exploited by charlatans posing as ministers. These believers are exploited because they have not met or experienced the ministry of true fathers. I am emphasising *“true fathers”* and *“authentic fathers”* because there are false fathers. Phil 3:18-19 speaks of these charlatans who also walk as we do, but their goals and objectives in the work of God are different.

1 Thessalonians 1:6-7 says, _“And ye become followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost. So that ye were examples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.”_ This church became a good example because they had good examples to follow. *God’s pattern of making spiritual realities clear is to exemplify it in a human vessel and then we can relate with the invisible.* May God bless you with true kingdom fathers in Jesus’ name!

*PRAYER:* Lord, deliver me from every wrong example I have opened up to in my past. I receive the ministry of true kingdom fathers in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*BIBLE IN A YEAR:* Deuteronomy 33:1-29, Luke 13:1-21, Psalm 78:65-72, Proverbs 12:25

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 5:53am On Apr 10, 2019

WEDNESDAY, 10TH APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: TRUE FATHERS NEVER REPLACE THE LORD, THEY REPRESENT HIM.
1 JOHN 4:20; HEBREWS 6:10-12

John the Revelator said, “If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?” The ministry of true fathers in our lives is to lead us into our own walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. They are not in our lives to replace the Lord.

All true fathers know that they are called to represent the Lord- not to replace Him! As a result, they are careful not to show themselves to men but the Lord! Let us see a few scriptures in this regard: 2 Thessalonians 3:9 says, “Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves examples unto you to follow us.” Hebrews 6:10-12 says, “For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shown towards His name, in that ye have manifested to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that everyone of you do show diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: that ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promise.”

Here, we are commanded to follow men who through faith and patience obtained the promise of God. And just as God Himself gave Abraham as a good example, He will give you your own example to follow among men. I trust God that at the end of this month you would see that imitation is a crucial part of the Call of God upon every believer for proper growth and development of the Christ life.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for raising true fathers to model Your ways for me. I receive grace to learn what You are teaching me through them in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 34:1-Joshua 2:24, Luke 13:22-14:6, Psalm 79:1-13, Proverbs 12:26

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2019

THURSDAY, 11TH APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF IMITATION
JOHN 5:19-21, 30; 2 KINGS 2:12-15

The truth about imitation is so fundamental to true Christianity that it only takes a genuine thirst for God’s best to see the thread all through scripture. Let us consider Bible personalities that teach us imitation:

a. JESUS IMITATED THE FATHER

In John 5:19-21, 30, The Bible says, “… The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the son likewise. For the Father loveth the son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth… For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will…”

“I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge.” If Jesus Christ—our Lord and Shepherd—was not ashamed to imitate the Father, there is no reason to be ashamed. The devil is out to outwit believers and the Body of Christ by making us neglect or pervert this vital truth.

b. ELISHA IMITATED ELIJAH

2 Kings 2:12-15 says, “… He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? …they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over. And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha.”

When Elisha cried, “Where is the God of Elijah?” he was striking at the very heart of biblical imitation. Negative imitation (which brings limitation) would have cried, “Where is Elijah?” This was the delusion plaguing the sons of the Prophets when they asked Elisha, “Knowest not that the Lord will take thy master from thy head today?”

PRAYER: Lord, I accept the truth of fathering and imitation; help me to obtain the highest profit as I embrace it in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Joshua 3:1-4:24, Luke 14:7-35, Psalm 80:1-19, Proverbs 12:27-28

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2019

FRIDAY, 12TH APRIL 2019.

TOPIC: TRUE IMITATION BRINGS YOU INTO YOUR OWN EXPERIENCES
HEBREWS 13:7; 2 TIMOTHY 3:10-11; 2 KINGS 2:8, 12-15

The story of Elisha’s imitation of Elijah is such an important case study that I want us to go through it again. Elisha followed and imitated Elijah to the point that he accessed the double portion of the anointing upon his kingdom father. If generations coming behind will walk in the same power and divine experiences as the fathers of the faith, they need to revisit the truth about imitation.

Elisha did not say, “Where is Elijah?” He had followed so well that he knew what to ask for! Hebrews 13:7 says, “Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.” You are not called to follow the fashion of a kingdom father but his faith, doctrine, the manner of life, purpose, long-suffering, charity, patience, persecutions and afflictions.

True imitation leads you to cry for the God of your father! It brings you into your own personal experience of God. You would have observed how the man relates with God so that you can relate with Him properly. True imitation helps us get into a better walk with God, not keep us away from Him! Elisha did exactly what Elijah did, not from the head but from the heart and called upon the God of Elijah who parted the waters for His father to do the same for him!

As a Pastor you need to ask yourself this question, “After people have listened to me preach on Sunday, do they say what a wonderful pastor or what a wonderful Christ?” Think about this! Oh that everyone that comes around you may be pointed towards the Father!

PRAYER: Lord, help me to pay attention to the right things in my followership so that my generation will know You through me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Joshua 5:1-7:15, Luke 15:1-32, Psalm 81:1-16, Proverbs 13:1

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2019
Saturday, April 13th 2019.

TOPIC:
BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF IMITATION (2)
JUDGES 7:17-20; MATTHEW 4:18-20

Today, we continue with our study of biblical examples of imitation and how God has been using the truth of imitation to build His kingdom ever since.

c. GIDEON TOLD HIS MEN TO DO WHAT HE DID

Judges 7:17-20 says, “And he said unto them, look on me and do likewise: and, behold, when I come to the outside of the camp, it shall be that as I do so shall ye do. When I blow with a trumpet, I and all that are with me, then blow ye the trumpets on every side of all the camp and, and say, The sword of the Lord and of Gideon.” By following the example of Gideon, there was a great victory for God’s people.

d. THE APOSTLES IMITATED JESUS

Matthew 4:18 says, “And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother… And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.” Acts 4:13 says, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.”The Apostles were literally called to imitate Jesus Christ our Lord and they did it so well that people around them called them “CHRISTIANS”. The meaning of “Christian” ought to be, “ONE WHO IS CALLED TO AND IS IMITATING THE CHRIST AMONG MEN”. Most believers have not qualified themselves for the intimacy that begets true imitation in the Body of Christ. Can teachers, bankers, doctors or soldiers humble themselves to learn HOW TO HEAR GOD’s VOICE from their pastors?

PRAYER:
Lord, I know there are truths You have reserved for me in the kingdom father you have chosen for me, lead me his way and lead him to me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Joshua 7:16-9:2, Luke 16:1-18, Psalm 82:1-8, Proverbs 13:2-3

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:05am On Apr 14, 2019
Sunday, April 14th 2019.

TOPIC:
MARKS OF A KINGDOM FATHER THROUGH WHOM GOD MOULDS YOUR DESTINY (1)
ECCLESIASTES 9:8, PSALMS 133

For the next couple of days, I will be sharing with you certain distinguishing marks of the leadership God puts a man under for destiny moulding.

1. He has what you lack but need in life. There is a vast difference between your needs and your wants in destiny. Your wants are things that affect your circumstances, BUT your needs are what affect your destination in life.

2. He has gone where you are going just like Caleb and Joshua (who went ahead to spy the land before the Israelites entered the land). He knows the road that leads to where you want to go.

3. He has walked on or is walking on what is currently troubling you in life. Mk. 4:35. “And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, let us pass over unto the other side.”

4. What is strange to you is common to him. 1 Cor. 10:13. “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”

5. He carries the spirit that you need to fulfil your destiny. Moses carried what the seventy elders of Israel needed in his calling and anointing (Numbers 11:25). The same children of Israel that ran from Goliath under Saul became giant killers under David (1 Sam. 30)

PRAYER:
Lord, I pray for a divine linkage to the man that carries my portion in life and destiny. When I meet him, I will know him and respond correctly in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Joshua 9:3-10:43, Luke 16:19-17:10, Psalm 83:1-18, Proverbs 13:4

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 7:32am On Apr 15, 2019
The Spirit Meat Daily Devotional Guide

MARKS OF A KINGDOM FATHER THROUGH WHOM GOD MOULDS YOUR DESTINY (2) - 1 KINGS. 2:1-10
By Rev. Olusola & Rev. Oyenike Areogun

We will pick up on our study; looking at the characteristics of the man that God will bring you under for correct destiny moulding.
6.He has answers to the questions agitating your heart.
7.He has the missing jigsaw puzzle of your vision. It was Moses that supplied the purpose to the skill and talent of Bezaleel (Exo 35:30). It was Jesus that gave meaning to the tomb of Joseph of Arimethea (Mark 15:43-46).
8.He has conquered the enemy you will still face. It makes a lot of difference who is discipling you for destiny.
9.He knows the STEPS you need to take and the STOPS also. It is as important to your success to know the STEPS to take as well as the STOPS.
10.He knows the enemies you must KILL if your throne will be established. In 1 Kings. 2:1-10, David was not teaching Solomon revenge, but showing him the forces that made his own throne unstable. Many young people today would fare better if they had elders or leaders who will be honest enough to tell them the forces that made them stumble so they can slay those forces on time. Imagine a father who lived in debts being honest enough to tell his son to be merciless and kill indiscipline or a mother who raised her kids alone because of divorce being honest to tell her daughter to kill arrogance and forces that destroy marriage. You need a leader who knows the true enemies of your future so that you can slay them before they slay you!

PRAYER:Lord, when I meet the man, I receive wisdom for right protocol around him in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Joshua 11:1-12:24, Luke 17:11-37, Psalm 84:1-12, Proverbs 13:5-6
Re: Spirit Meat Devotional by docsam007: 6:41am On Apr 18, 2019
THURSDAY, APRIL 18TH 2019.

THINGS YOU LEARN AND RECEIVE FROM IMITATING TRUE KINGDOM FATHERS (1) - 2 TIMOTHY 3:10-11

Spiritual leadership drops something supernatural on your head and life. You see this in 2 Kings 2, where Elisha got a double portion of what Elijah carried. A Father will give you:

1.His Spirit:
2 Kings 2:15 “And when the sons of the prophet who were to view at Jericho saw Elisha, they said, the spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. They came to meet him and bowed themselves to the ground before him.” Elisha got a DOUBLE PORTION of the spirit of Elijah. Anyone who follows correctly qualifies himself for a share of the spirit upon his leader’s life. As a professional, you can do your business with the spirit on your destiny father.

2.His Faith (2 Heb 13:7):
When you come to a ministry or a man of God, you must know what you are to follow. You are to follow the faith not the fashion of the man of God. The faith that God invested in the original calling on the ministry is to be dispersed into the spirits of each person called to that ministry as they hear the man minister the words God gave him weekly. Rom. 10:17. “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
It is this faith that you use to drive your own life and assignment. When you don’t follow properly in the kingdom, you cheat yourself. THE WISDOM OF GOD IS THE WISDOM OF FOLLOWERSHIP. You can only follow, you don’t know tomorrow. Only God knows tomorrow. God works in your life today preparing you for tomorrow’s challenges and demands.

PRAYER:Lord, open my eyes to see the purpose and the destiny of my kingdom joint in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Joshua 16:1-18:28, Luke 19:1-27, Psalm 87:1-7, Proverbs 13:11

www.spiritmeat.net
www.dciradio.org
+2348037252124
#SpiritMeat
#ReverendAreogun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos / 2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / 7 Things Many People Don't Know About Pornography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.