Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? (47560 Views)

What's The Ideal Age For A Lady To Get Married? / 20 Ways To Identify Cheap Girl/lady / How My Boyfriend Impregnated My Best Friend And Another Girl - Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2018
MexicanWolf:
This is a rather stupid question. Girls, don't let anybody pressure you into getting married. Financial independence should be your goal, not marriage.

When then do you intend to be financially independent
[right][/right] grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Obakoolex(m): 9:18am On Sep 13, 2018
So when is the right time for a man to get money??
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 13, 2018
There is time for everything... marriage is not to be rushed into.
You must be mentally, financially and spiritually ready. I personally think women should not get married too early, know yourself first. You should be sure of the kind of person you want to be with, the way you want to live your life.

There are no latecomers in marriage, just pray for God to give you the right partner.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by laoludavid(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2018
@michelle i have been trying to send u pm bt its not going trough,i am interested in the business u're talking abt. pls get across to me on OLAITANADEKUNLE133@GMAIL.COM thanks
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by GuntersChain(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2018
Marriage is a thing of the mind. You have to have attained that level of consciousness before going into it.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by FluidQueen(f): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2018
Xaos:

For women, yes there is when it comes to fertility.
Again. You said marriage.

And Your age range is flawed.
Female fertility decline from age 35. Still doesn't mean she wouldn't be able to make kids.
But the chances of getting pregnant start to decline.

And it's actually almost the same with males. Though men secretes sperm cells Well into their 50's. Their fertility rates also decline from 40, likewise women.

No gender's an island.
Everybody loses fertility with age.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by FluidQueen(f): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2018
MexicanWolf:
This is a rather stupid question. Girls, don't let anybody pressure you into getting married. Financial independence should be your goal, not marriage.
This is gold.
I think every woman should adopt the above and let it sink in deep.
"A woman's best protection is a little money of her own"

But regardless. Let them choose what their goal should be.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Hopebringer: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2018
dairykidd:

Well i must say i'm awed by ur stupidity cos i see no significant correlation with that gibberish u posted with my answer to the Op or even the entire thread as a whole undecided
Mr "experience" go back to sleep & wake up properly so u won't spoil the whole of today for urself angry

It is easy to hurl insults when you do not know better .

Stupidity is when you think you know, but do not know that you don't but keep talking as if you do.

I feel sincere sympathy for you as you were not raised to know better.

But when you grow up you will understand. For now your parents did better than to raise such a disrespectful tout.

You aren't doing their efforts any justice

I am not your age mate so please desist from quoting me with insults
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by FluidQueen(f): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2018
Obakoolex:
So when is the right time for a man to get money??
Since these people think they could dictate the age range a full grown adult woman should be married.

A man should please start getting money from 14. cheesy
Else, He's A corpse pretending to be alive. grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by 1miccza: 9:55am On Sep 13, 2018
IamPlato:

Anything Above 21. Also I Think The World Is Changing Fast so I Suggest every Lady Be Independent, innovative, creative, be Stable Before Going Into Any Marriage. Men Of These Days Dont Want Ladies Who Can Draw Eye Brows but Business Plan

Honestly you deserve a medal for this post...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by 1miccza: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2018
laoludavid:
@michelle i have been trying to send u pm bt its not going trough,i am interested in the business u're talking abt. pls get across to me on OLAITANADEKUNLE133@GMAIL.COM thanks

Bros she won't see this here, look for her name with the search button , quote her comments and post this and she will respond..
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Realhommie(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2018
skarlett:

Tara Durotoye can draw eye brows and has made a huge business out of it, as has so many women the world over. Emancipate yourself from ignorance
He meant the good for nothings, those who only care about looking beautiful but have nothing whatsoever to offer..

The one you mentioned and others like her are the real slay queens, thumbs up to them.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by omoelerin1: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2018
dasparrow:
Marraige is NOT for girls. You bloody Nigerian pedophiles don't get that do you? That is why your men stay shoving their diseased long inflated pricks into the still-developing vaginas of innocent little girls leaving these female kids psycologically scared for life.

Marraige is for adults. As for Nigerian women, the right time to get married is when they are ready to be baby breeding machines, sex slaves and glorified housemaids to their hateful misogynist Nigerian bred husbands who will never stay faithful to them and infect them with over 30 sexually transmitted diseases before they get to celebrate their 5th year wedding anniversary.

We all know the Nigerian bred man's prick is community property. He has no problem penetrating all manners of diseased vaginal holes for his temporary sexual gratification.

Quote me and watch how the remnant of your year would end angry
Chei. Life has taught this one serious lesson. See as S/he dey offloading her frustration and transferring her aggression on the innocents.

hmmn. It is well with your soul, my dear.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2018
Hopebringer:

I am not your age mate so please desist from quoting me with insults

And how would u know that.. Circus baboon
From ur first comment u sounded like a child trying to prove... If u hadn't quoted me with ur silly assumptions what business do i have with u.. A handful of NLers know me off here & if u ever quote me again as regards age then i would believe ur just another knobhead... Now run along & go play with ur " age mates"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 13, 2018
FluidQueen:
Again. You said marriage.

And Your age range is flawed.
Female fertility decline from age 35. Still doesn't mean she wouldn't be able to make kids.
But the chances of getting pregnant start to decline. at 35.

And it's actually almost the same with males. Though men secretes sperm cells Well into their 50's. Their fertility rates also decline from 40, likewise women.

No gender's an island.
Everybody loses fertility with age.

I was taught delicine starts at age 30.

If I remember my embryology well, in a healthy woman, app. 40000 oocytes are present at purberty (age 9-13) and fewer than 500 ovulated. That is 1 every month. And that makes 12 a year. So 500/12 is 41yrs. At that age, most oocytes are atretic.

Concerning marriage, having kids is a deal breaker in most if not all. And that is why I believe my range is perfect because anything beyond, and you're at risk of having kids with chromosomal abnormalities as you age.

Anyways, it's your life sha. Whatever rocks your boat.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by msylva2147(m): 11:19am On Sep 13, 2018
Indigenous:
Only a senseless man will marry a lady of 25 to 30 years of age,the ideal age to marry a wife must be from 18 to 22years
I think you are the senseless one here to say that is only a senseless person that will marry a girl above 22 years.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by lielbree: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
Xaos:

Financially stable in the sense she is prepared for financial emergencies. She doesn't have to be rich.

I am not 25 yet. I'll be "stable" before I get to that age.
You're not being realistic. I'll excuse u due to your tender age.

Experience will teach you about life.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by lielbree: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
MexicanWolf:
Finacial independence

Do u want kids??
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by FluidQueen(f): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
Xaos:

I was taught delicine starts at age 30.

If I remember my embryology well, in a healthy woman, app. 40000 oocytes are present at purberty (age 9-13) and fewer than 500 ovulated. That is 1 every month. And that makes 12 a year. So 500/12 is 41yrs. At that age, most oocytes are atretic.

Concerning marriage, having kids is a deal breaker in most if not all. And that is why I believe my range is perfect because anything beyond, and you're at risk of having kids with chromosomal abnormalities as you age.

Anyways, it's your life sha. Whatever rocks your boat.

Check the statistics. 64% of children with down syndrome were from younger mothers. A study recently updated by Mayoclinic says Older women have lesser chances of birthing kids with chromosomal anomolities.

decline starts mid 30s and it's based on personal physiology than numbers. There's no standard age.

And your range Isn't perfect to everyone. Might be to peoole your aquainted but isn't to the next woman.
Most women I know take their time. And I'm talking 35+ Mothers and are living their lives with beautiful kids. You can't shove your 'Perfect' age range standards down every woman's throat.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by bukatyne(f): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
zinnyzee:
When i was a kid, i wanted to get married at 25.

Now i'm older, i'm not even sure if i want to get married at all.

Marriage is a scam, just like everyother thing.

Why?
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by bukatyne(f): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
lielbree:

You want a financially stable woman who is 25?

Were u as a man financially stable at 25??

What is the definition of 'financially stable'?
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by poweredcom(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
boborneyor:
25 - 30 ......If you pass 30 like dis, you don become IYAWO SARA be that

Iyawo sara for sure

Men go de bang all around collect share

Men no get wahala no matter dem age dem can still be productive if the late fatai rolling dollars fit born pikin at 70's so gals don't worry bout guys not getting married cos it's not easy to be a man

No young man want his unborn child to suffer ok

But ladies oooo una get injury time ooo
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by msylva2147(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
Amberon:
Though you're wrong on some of the things you stated as facts but you were also correct on some.

Was talking to my mom some days ago and I got to know that my father got married at the age of 23/24. Can you just imagine? Nowadays Nigerian men thinking they have all the time marry when they're approaching 40 having young kids to cater for in their old age.
You don't compare 1960, s to 2018's these are two different centuries, then when you get married all you need to do was just to put food on the table at most with clothing but nowadays we are not even talking about the children's school fees but the mothers are not also helping matters because they always like comparing themselves with neighbors, friends and anybody their eyes can see and expect the man to do all that including that of her family which I believe is the major factors affecting the youths from getting married. Men are seeing what their colleagues or friends are going through and are trying to take caution before you know they are already 40+. Lastly and I repeat unless our Nigerian ladies learn how to be contented with whatever they are having at their disposal and stop comparing themselves with other women Nigerian Men would continue to marry at old age. (You can imagine someone who has seen the woman he loves and she loved him in turn but the list for the traditional marriage is 1.5 million for someone who's yearly income is not even up to 500k, how do you expect such person to start thinking of getting married?)
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by msylva2147(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
FluidQueen:
Check the statistics. 64% of children with down syndrome were from younger mothers. A study recently updated by Mayoclinic says Older women have lesser chances of birthing kids with chromosomal anomolities.

decline starts mid 30s and it's based on personal physiology than numbers. There's no standard age.

And your range Isn't perfect to everyone. Might be to peoole your aquainted but isn't to the next woman.
Most women I know take their time. And I'm talking 35+ Mothers and are living their lives with beautiful kids. You can't shove your 'Perfect' age range standards down every woman's throat.
You are one of the sensible persons I loved your analysis unlike people who just come here to give the range of getting married without pointing out the facts to support their reasons.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Funkybabee(f): 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
I think from 22 above is cool
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by soviete(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
pocohantas:

Uncle when did you finish school/trade? grin
u think that age is small ?? undecided
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by Amberon: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
Pls never blame the excesses of someone on another. I understand that we're in a different century and the economy is quite hard on everyone but women are not the reason for the late marriage of men. Some men even delude themselves with the idea that they don't have a biological clock which is another lie. Every living thing has a biological clock. At certain ages men tend to develope erectile problems and prostate problems too. Also the quality of men's sperm decreases after age 40 but most men don't know this and there is increased risk of having an unhealthy baby.

In Europe men marry very early and even marry their age mates all the time. Justin Beiber who is just 23 or 24 is already engaged. Many european footballers marry in their early or mid twenties too. I think finances has to do with it but I think the major reason Nigerian men don't marry early is simply because they don't want to.

msylva2147:
You don't compare 1960, s to 2018's these are two different centuries, then when you get married all you need to do was just to put food on the table at most with clothing but nowadays we are not even talking about the children's school fees but the mothers are not also helping matters because they always like comparing themselves with neighbors, friends and anybody their eyes can see and expect the man to do all that including that of her family which I believe is the major factors affecting the youths from getting married. Men are seeing what their colleagues or friends are going through and are trying to take caution before you know they are already 40+. Lastly and I repeat unless our Nigerian ladies learn how to be contented with whatever they are having at their disposal and stop comparing themselves with other women Nigerian Men would continue to marry at old age. (You can imagine someone who has seen the woman he loves and she loved him in turn but the list for the traditional marriage is 1.5 million for someone who's yearly income is not even up to 500k, how do you expect such person to start thinking of getting married?)
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
soviete:
u think that age is small ?? undecided

Yes it is. smiley
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
Above 21 and below 30.

Above 30? Just become a feminist.

/

You don't live in the real world, do you?

There is a difference between a woman should be ideally married by 30 and a woman not married by 30 should forget it.

More people are having their first marriages later.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by InvertedHammer: 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2018
bukatyne:

You don't live in the real world, do you?

There is a difference between a woman should be ideally married by 30 and a woman not married by 30 should forget it.

More people are having their first marriages later.
/
There are always exceptions to the rule my dear.

That doesn't negate the rule.

Life is a journey...nothing is sacrosanct.

/
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by bukatyne(f): 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
All these men mentioning 21 - 25yrs, I hope they are young too.

I am an avid supporter of early marriage however, nothing irks me like an old man looking for a baby girl.
Re: What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? by bukatyne(f): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
There are always exceptions to the rule my dear.

That doesn't negate the rule.

Life is a journey...nothing is sacrosanct.

/

The exceptions are fast becoming the rule.

Since you know nothing is sacrocant, then putting an age range is myopic. (and I am speaking to myself too)

I had a friend who was ready at 25, actually met earlier and processing marriage when her guy's family said he couldn't marry someone from her state.

She married at 35 while pregnant.

I would still advocate early marriage sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girls Ever Been Embarrassed Visiting A Guy? Share Your Experiences / I’ve Been Secretly Enjoying Your Man – Lady Taunts Best Friend / Boyfriend Who Dumped Girl After Eating Her Mum's Chicken Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.