Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

"She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" (42586 Views)

Unhappy Bride & Groom: Can This Marriage Last More Than A Year? (Video) / Man Rejects His Wife-to-be Three Days Traditional Marriage / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
Torontoparrot:
two bottles of your favorite drink for you on my account ��
Amarula, Maracuja, Baileys. Those are the Irish Creams I know.

3 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
She had better accept the scholarship. That man will leave her if he were offered the same opportunity. Selfish men who wouldn't place their wives before anything.

I'll take the scholarship and leave immediately, in the end, I'll marry a white man. cool
White men are sweet, plus you'll get enough dollars.
Nigerian men are over used materials and should be castrated. cool
Nobody should take you seriously. You have a fundamental struggle to overcome.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
... Thank you. Funny how most people shouting she should forget about her marriage never thought of this@ I HOPE THE EX IS NOT RESIDENT IN US.
It's really necessary to know because if it turns out he is, no man will give permission for his newly wedded wife to be in close proximity with the one person he doesn't want her to be in contact with.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
obaseno:

in the little story she told, I did not see jealousy anywhere...how did you know her ex is jealous? besides the ex is not even gonna go to the US with her
read to understand and not to criticize
guy d story is fake.if u had an opportunity to secure scholarship for someone overseas is it d lady dat dumped u or ur younger sister u would secure the scholarship for?
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
... Thank you. Funny how most people shouting she should forget about her marriage never thought of this@ I HOPE THE EX IS NOT RESIDENT IN US.

Lol.... That the ex go yansh her soon... Perhaps she will be residing with the ex grin

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
Agboki:

Jst c ur reasoning,na pple lyk u dey draw insults 2 ladies.

Don't mind her/him. People have issues and bring them to nairaland

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
ogongogames:

That is indeed possible, I guess she could have just "tried her luck" with the entire scholarship and thought there was little need to tell her partner due to there being a low chance of getting it. Still seems very careless on her part not to have thought about this possibility though on her part, you would have thought she could tell her partner about the scholarship application without needing to mention her ex.
Exactly! She probably didn't see the need to inform the hubby on what she was doing & most importantly, who she was doing it with. This is a very sensitive & complicated issue abeg!
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
marvin906:
so because she has a scholarship automatically means she has a visa many of una nor get sense at all..or are you peeps forgetting that the US embassy are stingy with visa now Even if you like get 20 scholarship e nor concern them...

buh why do I have a feeling her ex is in the US
then if d ex is in the US the husband should jus forget about the marriage cos when the lady don land the US the ex will jus smash her kpekus to pieces.

2 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
lefulefu:

guy d story is fake.if u had an opportunity to secure scholarship for someone overseas is it d lady dat dumped u or ur younger sister u would secure the scholarship for?
You think things are that easy like black and white? What if he doesn't have sisters? And what if she & the ex ended on a good note?

2 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by IamPlato(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
She had better accept the scholarship. That man will leave her if he were offered the same opportunity. Selfish men who wouldn't place their wives before anything.

I'll take the scholarship and leave immediately, in the end, I'll marry a white man cool
Will You Shut Up! If I Slap that Mouth!
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
sharpwriter:

Where else would the ex be? grin grin wink
Lol....he should be anywhere but in the US o!
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by IamPlato(m): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
kaorama:

Nobody should take you seriously. You have a fundamental struggle to overcome.
No Take Things Personal. She Took Weed For The First Time
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
egojeny1:

Seconded!!!

Infact from what i'm seeing in marriage now if i had gotten a scholarship, even if it's Zimbabwean own i wld've dumbed every ass and flown out immediately.

Marriage ko marriage ni
So, you mean to say "marriage" is scam??

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
MissJoy29:
Lol....he should be anywhere but in the US o!
For where, na him go go pick her for airport and to his residence wink
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
MissJoy29:

It's really necessary to know because if it turns out he is, no man will give permission for his newly wedded wife to be in close proximity with the one person he doesn't want her to be in contact with.
.. My dear you are very intelligent.Most people here just rush to comment without reasoning..Like you said,no man will allow his wife take up such if the ex is also there in US.

4 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
sharpwriter:

Lol.... That the ex go yansh her soon... Perhaps she will be residing with the ex grin
.. Na so bro.

2 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
sharpwriter:

For where, na him go go pick her for airport and to his residence wink
Lol....if she has sense, she won't go knowing the ex is there & that she's now a married woman.

2 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. My dear you are very intelligent.Most people here just rush to comment without reasoning..Like you said,no man will allow his wife take up such if the ex is also there in US.
Thank you.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by benswagtt(m): 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
Liliyann:
I can never settle with a man that doesn't put my happiness above his!!
She should Berra accept the scholarship, if the man refuse, she should dump his ass, there are many fishes in a river!!
Always place your happiness above everything including marriage!!
Ladies should learn not to sacrifice their happiness all in the name of marriage coz it doesn't worth it these days!!

ur post was filled with selfishness, he should put your happiness above his? Hmmmmm
Get married first b4 we know that they're many fishes in the river
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Emmaxy9(m): 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
If you're thinking of anything to do to this ASUU strike! Dont wait and waste time . you can make 15k in two weeks .

Check my signature if you're interested and I'll teach you how
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
MissJoy29:

You think things are that easy like black and white? What if he doesn't have sisters? And what if she & the ex ended on a good note?
which good note? so d guy u having a happy relationship with u just dumped him to marry another man and u saying u parted in a happy note?
for all u know sef the ex might even be making plans to sell her as a sex slave to human traffikers in libya and he jus made up this false claim of securing her a foreign admission.dont trust anybody and not an ex for dat matter cheesy.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
ogawisdom:

She should submit to her husband and do whatever he decides.

submission doesn't implies doing wat ur husband want...i hp u remember d bible said d husband shd loves d wife like Christ love the church and gave himself for her...of d scholars is important for d woman career and advancedment de can work things out otherwise if na my sister choose d scholarship...who says d man can't sacrifice for d wife like Christ did for d church

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by OdiaI(f): 4:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
Marriage is about sacrifice and compromise most times. Keep white wedding aside, by the laws of the land, she is legally married.

Now, she is married to her husband, not her ex. If the husband doesn't want her to go and she goes, it may bring up issues later on. Moreover, if the Poland is sure, why not be patient with her husband for them to go there later. A marriage of one week old is a very young one, does she want to just end it without giving it proper thought?

If she feels taking the scholarship is best for her, let her sit with her husband and see if they can work up a plan that will benefit the marriage.

Whatever decision she takes, she should put her marriage into consideration. She is very married, put aside white wedding talks. Traditional marriage is not engagement party.

2 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Contumely: 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'll take the scholarship and leave immediately, in the end, I'll marry a white man. cool

Chequered upringing has damaged your psyche.
In saner climes, if it were, you would be confined to an asylum for rehabilitation.

It's doleful.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
OdiaI:
Marriage is about sacrifice and compromise most times. Keep white wedding aside, by the laws of the land, she is legally married.

Now, she is married to her husband, not her ex. If the husband doesn't want her to go and she goes, it may bring up issues later on. Moreover, if the Poland is sure, why not be patient with her husband for them to go there later. A marriage of one week old is a very young one, does she want to just end it without giving it proper thought?

If she feels taking the scholarship is best for her, let her sit with her husband and see if they can work up a plan that will benefit the marriage.

Whatever decision she takes, she should put her marriage into consideration. She is very married, put aside white wedding talks. Traditional marriage is not engagement party.
.. Very well said. Matured response.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
lefulefu:

which good note? so d guy u having a happy relationship with u just dumped him to marry another man and u saying u parted in a happy note?
for all u know sef the ex might even be making plans to sell her as a sex slave to human traffikers in libya and he jus made up this false claim of securing her a foreign admission.dont trust anybody and not an ex for dat matter cheesy.
Hmmmm...what if there was no bad "dumping"? What if at the time you guys were together, you both noticed how incompatible you were & decide to end things amicably while being friends? You certainly didn't marry(or won't get married to) ALL your exes. So don't make it look like it's a big deal having an ex & one with a good heart at that.

Human traffickers? In/to Libya? Lol...isn't that a little bit extreme a scenario for your mind to conjure up? Besides, hello....the story is about Nigeria, US & Poland! No libya in view
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
MissJoy29:

Lol....if she has sense, she won't go knowing the ex is there & that she's now a married woman.

Shebi na you women... In my little experience, you people take foolish, illogical and heart rending risks and behave like super men. All she needs is a small sentiment to convince herself. Or reading some comments here, she'll make up her mind and damn everything ; after all it's about better life and abroad is "heaven" to most Nigerians wink
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by MissJoy29(f): 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
OdiaI:

Nice!
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by SaintNemesis(f): 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
She should do whatever is best for her. She alone knows what is best for Herself.

If I was in her shoes though I will go for the scholarship. If I can't convince him to join me in US, then I will return his bride price sharp...sharp.

The scholarship maybe God's way of delivering her from a bad marriage.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
sharpwriter:

gbam
the ex will be giving her various monkey styles in za oza room.just imagine she"s financially dependent on the ex while in yankee.na for d ex to turn her to sex slave be dat.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by taiwolomo1: 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
MariaLavina:
Lemme break this table!

Tell her to do whatever she can live with. grin One is a life time opportunity, the other is everyday opportunity. If you know you know. grin
oh...so u feel marriage is everyday opportunity abi Let her travel out and see how guys wud b tossing her around ...then she wud realize wht shes lost
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by marvin906(m): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
SaintNemesis:
She should do whatever is best for her. She alone knows what is best for Herself.

If I was in her shoes though I will go for the scholarship. If I can't convince him to join me in US, then I will return his bride price sharp...sharp.

The scholarship maybe God's way of delivering her from a bad marriage.

The scholarship maybe God's way of delivering her from bad marriage..
Your sense is upside down..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What If Your Boyfriend Says This To You, What Would You Do? / 16-year-old South African Boy Proposes To His 15-year-old Girlfriend / Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.