Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,523 members, 7,954,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

49cents's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 49cents's Profile / 49cents's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 83 pages)

Agriculture / Re: CBN Resumes Agric Funding With ₦‎100 Billion by 49cents(m): 12:09pm On Mar 15
Great100000:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/cbn-resumes-agric-funding-with-n100bn-2/

Over the years the FG subsidises fertilisers and tractors for the farmers particularly in the north this then crashes the cost of the production of their produce but rather than sell it at a prescribe price to the Nigerian market this greedy farmers will sell it to neighbouring countries where the price is higher because of the local subsidy they got in fertiliser and access to tractors....THATS WHY THEY WERE "SMUGGLING FOOD IN TRAILERS TO NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES WHILE NIGERIA WAS SUFFERING ACUTE FOOD SHORTAGE

Then they sell the rest at any price dictated by themselves to NIgerians/

CBN should stop all these largesse. The funds to boost food production shouldn't be an annual affair but a short term plan to encourage farmers to stand on their own Max is should be a 5 year plan and FG must exit.
Subsidy naturally leads to corruption and smuggling and inconsistently of supply.

What Government is to is essentially to provide security for farmers and a monthly voucher that Nigerians can access through assessment of their income and family size which they can use at the point of purchase. This vouchers can be cashed out instantly by the traders in the open market
Career / Re: Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. by 49cents(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13
That trolling brought out the best in him...atimes soft hands will not deliver this same level of energy

1 Like

Romance / Re: I've Washed My Hands From Anything Nigerian Girls. by 49cents(m): 9:52am On Mar 13
uzomakanaki:
Good day Nairalanders.

What could make a lady date her fiancee's colleague? I'm done with ladies for now. This a bad experience.

I got a job for my now ex fiancee in the organisation where I work. We dated for 2 years. She was posted to a different branch office not far from mine.

A year on the job I began hearing rumours that she's going out with a senior colleague of mine in the same office with me. Those that I heard it from didn't know we were dating.

I confronted her and she denied it. I was not comfortable with her response, and one day she came to spend the weekend with me, I decided to go through her chat, I could not believe what I saw in her chat with this guy in question.

They've gone far to the extent of having sex with themselves which was said in the chat.

The next morning I confronted her with evidences of what I saw in her chat with my colleague, she became furious that I had no right to check her chat, with no sign of remorse. I was broken and at that point ended the relationship.

I've requested for a transfer out of that branch, cos I want to deal with this guy. Cos he's fully aware we were dating and have met us on different occasion outside.

Since the break up with my ex, he has been avoiding me in the office.

I never saw a dirty attitude in her at the early stage of our relationship, I never knew I was ready to marry a full blown LovePeddler who's looking for a platform to sell herself.

But for the guy I'll deal with him.

Yes you feel disrespected by that guy BUT just tell the guy you are grateful to him for saving him from marrying a whoreee....
The shameless dude to is just like your ex and this line will also turn his feelings on power over you and your ex into something that will belittle him.
Just face your work and put all that energy from the pain into professional growth, getting into physical shape and being less quick in judging your next love interest quickly.
There are good girls out their its just young men like to prioritise so called Hawt, eye candy ladies from dysfunctional homes.
Do you prioritise peace to fleeting excitement? this is the question that is asked of your manhood going forward.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by 49cents(m): 5:30pm On Mar 08
seunmsg:

This is no propaganda as Bloomberg is not a propaganda platform like AriseTV and People’s Gazette.

Slowly, the reforms are paying off. It may appear little with minimal impact for now but in no time, the impact will be felt in all aspect of the economy. We just need to be patient and endure for a while, Mr. President will fix the economy.

Hope is. not a strategy

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by 49cents(m): 10:35am On Mar 06
sulaak:

So you want the SW to allow Biafra to invade the n=midweest and Oro in Ondo? The SS didn't want to be part of the Biafra; hence, Biafra was dead on arrival.

If this narrative makes you sleep well then by all means stick to it
Politics / Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring With Proper Foundation — Tinubu by 49cents(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05
Slytiger:
This is why I am for regionalism, or some form of highly conservative, or even nationalist style of government by the regions. To summarize, restructure the country.

Instead of others to hold their own governors, state assembly members, LGA chairmen, and supervisors responsible, they instead move from less prosperous regions to more prosperous regions. Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.

When those prosperous regions protest for more good governance, these migrants from the other region mock them. SWesterners, please continue to protest and push for good governance.

South West actually joined the North to fight a civil war when regionalism was on the table.

The protest is not about good governance but because hunger has hit their homes, abeg stop twisting the narrative.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Rufai Oseni's Poll Reveals The President Nigerians Missed The Most (Pictures) by 49cents(m): 6:05pm On Mar 03
DevilsEqual:

Block vote from a particular region is what makes a president outperform the others?

Omg
When u think you've seen it all, then boom, another Igboman analyses things via the tribal perspectives 🗑️🗑️🗑️

clearly you either have comprehension issues or analytical issues but let me help you a bit on both

Block vote does not make a president outperform others...i don't know how you arrived here.

As shown on the table down the SE and SS and NC always supporting promising candidates based on capacity while other regions seem to look at their tribe and religion before deciding whom to vote

In 2007 SE and SS and NC gave Yaradua block votes because they know Buhari is an Otondo but the NORTH gave Buhari block votes despite having an Igbo running mate
In 2011 SE and SS and NC gave Jonathan the same thing and snubbed Buhari the disaster but the NORTH insisted on Buhari
In 2015 SE and SS and NC still gave Jonathan the same thing but SW joined the NORTH for Buhari just because a Yoruba man was the running mate
In 2019 SE and SS and NC still rejected Buhari with block votes for Atiku but the NORTH and SW insisted on 4 plus 4...FOR Buhari and PYO both for tribal reasons
We all know what happened in 2023 more people from all regions gave it to Obi but INEC had to do the evil job

2007 ELECTION RESULTS

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE73G05B/

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Rufai Oseni's Poll Reveals The President Nigerians Missed The Most (Pictures) by 49cents(m): 10:45am On Mar 03
All the presidents that Nigerians missed most were had block votes from the south east and south south .. The Presidents other regions made us have enjoyed block votes from north and they claim they are politically smart.... they just power all the time

17 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Aba Geometric: Alex Otti Lying On Live TV - Rufai Oseni by 49cents(m): 11:49am On Mar 02
waynetee:

Though I am a Alex Otti well wisher but I support that no governor or president must be left the hook because it is for our own good when they realize they can misbehave and go away with it

Kudos Rufai
Politics / Re: I Will Restructure Nigeria, But A Good Foundation Must Be Laid - Tinubu. by 49cents(m): 9:37am On Mar 01
Gjrich:
I Will Restructure Nigeria, But
A Good Foundation Must Be Laid - Tinubu.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Wednesday, assured Nigerians that his administration would restructure the country as earlier promised, but noted that a good foundation must be laid.

The President gave the assurance during a visit to the National Leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, the Ondo State capital.

After the closed-door meeting with some selected leaders of the group, the National Publicity Secretary of the group, Mr Jare Ajayi, quoted the President as having assured Nigerians that he would still restructure but that certain structures need to be put in place.

Quoting the President, Ajayi said: “On the issues of restructuring, the President said that he is aware of the need to restructure Nigeria but that a good foundation must be laid before bringing the restructuring in place such that if it is done in a rush without a proper foundation, the restructuring may collapse very soon but it would be done.

“He (Tinubu) said that when he took the oath of office, he (Tinubu) pledged his allegiance to Nigeria, that he knows what he is facing.

“Tinubu said: “I prayed for it, I danced for it, I campaigned for it and I got it. I know the enormous responsibility. So, don’t pity me, Baba (Fasoranti), just sit down and relax.

“He (Tinubu) assured Nigerians that he understood the struggle and that he is trying to build the structures that will not be reversed.

“The President said that the structure he is trying to put in place in Nigeria economically, socially and politically would be such that it would bring Nigeria back to where it is supposed to be.

“On the hardship Nigerians are facing, he (Tinubu) appreciates the pains Nigerians are going through and said that very soon, Nigeria will overcome it; that is a matter of time. He said that the kind of the policies government is implementing will bring positive solutions to the challenges.

“He said that Nigerians should grow our foods. That we should eat the food we grow. Doing so would wean us from depending on foods from foreign sources.”

In his response, Pa Fasoranti said: “Your performance so far has shown that you understand the full gravity of your mandate which is to show the Nigerian people that a good government is possible.

“In Yorubaland, we do not seek for any special treatment or unfair advantage. We know you are our own, but you now belong to all Nigerians. Your mandate was freely given by the people of Nigeria and blessed by God. Therefore, Mr President continue to govern fairly and courageously and with the fear of God. That is what we expect, that is what we know you will do.

“You know that since the annulment of the June 12, 1993, presidential election, the Yoruba people, led by Afenifere, have been at the forefront of the campaign for the restructuring of Nigeria.

“It is now incumbent on you to address this issue of constitutional reforms with courage, fairness and determination.

“We know we cannot return to the past, but we have to seek a future where regional competitions would bring out the best in our country as it did during the First Republic.

“We seek, therefore, a true Federal Republic that would reflect fiscal federalism. We believe a review of the 2014 National Constitutional Conference would help you in charting the course.

“For the people of the South-West, restructuring also has a more pressing meaning. Today, Nigeria has a population of 200 million which would double in the next 25 years to 400 million.

“However, the South-West is facing an avalanche of migration from the other zones of the country to the extent that in 25 years, if the current trend continues, the South-West would be home to 50 per cent of the population of Nigeria.

“We need to be prepared so that our region would not be overwhelmed by imported challenges.

“We want each of the geopolitical zones to have greater responsibilities for security, food production and infrastructural development.

“Since the removal of fuel subsidy, which was costing Nigeria $10 billion yearly, the state governments have been receiving hefty allocations from the Federation account.

“Mr President should persuade the governors to allow this change of fortune for the states to reflect at the grassroots so that life can be better for our people. They should not just buy rice and yams for the people.

“Mr President, thank you for this visit. You owe a duty to posterity to serve Nigeria with all your strength and wisdom.”

He will use 7 years to enjoy his run as Commander in chief then will now do the usual national conference at the last minute..

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: “I Have High Libido, I Can Have Sex Every Day” – Daniel Etim-effiong Reveals by 49cents(m): 9:27am On Mar 01
NoahHadNoArk:
All you idiots on this thread who keep calling an Akwa Ibom indigene “calabar”, is stupidity a running trait in your generation or do you just choose to be dumb on this issue everytime ?!?😏

The capital of cross river state is Calabar

Akwa Ibom has its capital city in Uyo

That actor hails from Akwa Ibom state

Now tell me what has that got to do with calabar which is in Cross river state?!?!😲

Una mumu no be small

Someone is driving down to this thread to reveal his own Version of foolishness even after my corrections

Na wa o

You are lucky they didn't call you Omo Igbo
Politics / Re: What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. by 49cents(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28
Skooltynz:

how is this innocent post tribalistic?
did i insult any tribe,did i mention names,you lots are just insecure and unnecessarily emotional.
Ok noted but why did you lie you were not Igbo?

For you to iie means that your post was very mischievous coming from you.

I found it educative but I have to verify if Gambari is actually what you say it is.

I am Igbo myself but I don't subscribe to incitement or tribal bigotry.

Swear that your aim is not to provoke Yorubas by trying to remind them of the Fulani inquisition that they of this generation have no hand in.

Can you just face your business for once and let their be peace?

4 Likes 1 Share

Romance / Re: No Matter How Deep You Love A Lady, Never Do These Five Things For Her by 49cents(m): 12:42pm On Feb 27
EreluRoz:
Then no need for the relationship.

If you start being calculative and acting smart with your partner then it's best you go your seperate ways.

I don't even understand what you young people call relationship these days

Marriages of old didn't have relationships and they lasted unlike the quality of marriages today with all the romantics and relationships that crashes like a poorly built mobile app.

The best marriages are between people who:
1. Have kept their mind and body decently without useless and needless entanglement

2. By referral, I highly recommend arranged marriage because it saves times and the person referring knows the two party well. Dating a complete stranger because of some fantasy in your head is a gamble.

3. Relationship or courtship is for people who are educationally and and professionally ready not for students who are still figuring right from left
Travel / Re: Lagos Plans 50 More Electric Buses, 2,000 BRT Buses by 49cents(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26
Lanrelagboi:
!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/lagos-plans-additional-2050-brt-buses/%3famp

Government has no business in business but this is APC's format. They seize power to colonize private sector business to make the profit.

How can a government be the regulator LAMATA and still be involved in the business itself?

This is why Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan got things under control despite their shortcomings..they allowed free markets...but Tinubu and his boys they want to run the state and the business so that capture all the business and people will be at their mercy...from LAKE rice to BRT...they own it and they can fix prices as they please..

Can't they just allow anyone with a big bus that meets LAMATA's spec to put their bus on the BRT corridors then tax them for it? As that it is how supply can meet up with demand.

Not all this we are buying bus yen yen yen..

That money for buying Bus and launching Lag ride can be used to do more corridors.

They should stick to the Fashola PPP model that fixed the waste disposal system.

Eko oni baje

1 Like

Politics / Re: FOREX Crisis: Raid On BDCs Ill-Advised, Wrongly-Directed - Peter Obi by 49cents(m): 9:15am On Feb 25
CilicMarin:
Peter Obi know nothing other beer factory.

The naira has been on steady appreciation, since all the reforms and crackdown are going on.

Check the rate this morning.

The clamping down on binance is not what PO spoke of though the clampdown on crypto exchange was effective.

The ultimate aim shouldn't be to bring dollar to exchange for N160 but to be able to arrive at a stable currency rate and that can only be achieved when we produce more locally and even export. That way we are able to shore up FX reserves and even further devalue it to make our export produce more competitive
Politics / Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by 49cents(m): 9:52pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Am unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Why are they harassing Gowon? He spoke the truth about the civil war.
Gowon never wanted the war to break out and sought peaceful means of settlement,but Ojukwu was reckless,rash and too eager to pull Igbos out of Nigeria.
Well Gowon is still alive, healthy and bubbling in good health, while Ojukwu the war lord has long ago passed to the other Side.
And Gowon is older than Ojukwu.
Irony of life.

Good people actually die young from Dora Akunyili to Mobahd ...but God of mercy gives the horrible ones to repent hence they are given old age most times to see the fruit of their wicked deeds.

There was an aburi meeting which Gowon chose to stand by. How amazing is the country that Gowon fought for....with hunger and insecurity and citizens running from as though there were a civil war
Romance / Re: Guys, How Do You React To Direct Sexual Harassment From Females? by 49cents(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23
Nyascobar1414:

.the adversary,the woman..
Dope

A woman is not the adversary but a woman who just want to use you to meet her dirty sexual appetites.

A great woman will look at the potential and respect your energy but the adversary will just to take from the greatness you are building up

3 Likes

Investment / Re: USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar by 49cents(m): 12:51pm On Feb 23
SenecaTheYonger:

For something to be valuable, it should have a use. What is the use of USDT outside crypto trading. Compare it with the use of actual USD (oil, exportation, loan, medical, tourism, etc.)

I don’t have any problem with USDT but it should not be used as exchange rate for Nigeria’s economy.

USDT is printed by a random company called Tether, same way you can print meme coins in BNB chain, by imputing a bunch of values and boom. Not saying USDT is from BNB network. It’s from Tether.

But the USD is printed by the United States Department of Treasury and is backed by the US government and military.

The USD can not be backed by US Government or US Military... currency is supposed to be backed by a real resource from rare metals like Gold or by Diamond or any valuable commodity.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Guys, How Do You React To Direct Sexual Harassment From Females? by 49cents(m): 7:55am On Feb 23
This is a very beautiful thread.
It is boys and men who are ignorant and unfocused that given this kind of molestation and invitation.

As a rule of thumb the moment ladies sense that you seem not to be genuinely interested in them they find it quite interesting especially if you come across like a focused, confident guy.

Always remember you are on the way to glory so naturally the adversary will tempt to know if you are worthy of it.

The way out is never to give second looks else you weaken yourself. Always focus on the beauty and glory of your dreams, there is nothing as rewarding than that.

Well done guys

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Utomi: Loans Nigeria Taking To Shore Up Naira Are ‘meaningless’ Arise Exclusives by 49cents(m): 7:14pm On Feb 22
Watianoengineer:
Yet they keep blaming president Tinubu as if he is the cause of the current hardship. A country that imports common toothpick and produces nothing should not be surprised when hunger comes knocking. This is why we all have to support the renewed Hope Agenda of our president in turning things around for the greater good. It won't be easy but we will all smile at the end. Let's forget that inexperienced man called Peter Obi and his shenanigans and concentrate on our repositioning our country

APC was in power for 8 years. Which party was tinubu in then and now? Who violently campaigned for Buhari...

Nigeria was building up from 1999 to 2015 until APC stepped in
Politics / Re: VP Shettima Confirms Interception Of 45 Trucks Moving Maize Out Of Nigeria by 49cents(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20
Ibrahimcoomasie:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/20/shettima-confirms-interception-of-45-trucks-moving-maize-out-of-nigeria/

The north fleeced Nigeria all this year's.
FG gives them free seedlings, subsidised fertilizers and tractors all in a bid to boost food production but what do they do? They will sell the produce, which was generated via FGN subsidies, to neighbouring countries at higher prices and sell the remainder to Nigerian markets at the market they like instead of at subsidised rates.

Because it's no more convenient the northern leaders are now kicking against it.

FGN must stop subsidising agriculture, it's a private business. These farmers are already billionaires they can carry on on their own
Politics / Re: Igbos Celebrate The Hardship In The Country, Demand 8 Years For Tinubu - Pics by 49cents(m): 4:06pm On Feb 20
Nvestor02:
Only a mumu that knows nothing about economy will say Tinubu is not performing well... When I sit down and analyze every steps that Tinubu has taken, I come the conclusion that the man is on the right track.

Is either Tinubu return the subsidy, borrow more money and leave the suffering to the next generation

Or

He remove subsidy.... get money to run government by Increasing the internally generated revenue and pass the prosperity to the next generation.

Tinubu decision may be hard to for some citizens to beat especially low income citizens but I believe that Tinubu will increase the minimum wage soon.

The other, problem that Tinubu is facing is insecurity and Floating Naira.... That 2 problems come in the same direction and Tinubu is already tracking it.

Tinubu has declared war against Insecurity by creating a force called FOREST RANGERS that will be combing our forest.

He is also planning to create state police... If insecurity is defeated, Farmers will go back to farm and produce foods for the citizens.

Tinubu has increased state allocations by 41percentage to encourage more infrastructure in every states.

It's only with good infrastructure that food can circulate and building of local production will be possible.

If local Production is possible.... Economy will be diverted from OIL... AND Naira will start gaining weight.

When Jonathan wanted to remove this when we had firm control of our dollar exchange rate in 2011 was it not Tinubu that objected to it?

Then used it as campaign material to install a buhari whom he knew was incapable...

He simply wanted to be president at any cost and here you are copy and pasting the rhetoric they gave you guys in the media group...

Even stupid bigots come back to their senses through suffering

1 Like

Politics / Re: You Have Snatched Power, Now Perform Your Lagos Miracle_solomon Dalung. by 49cents(m): 7:17am On Feb 20
DeLaRue:
Saying Tinubu knew what he was going to meet in government is ridiculous.

So, Tinubu knew Nigeria had only $3.7billion in its foreign reserve, not the $37 billion that the Buhari government led the country to believe.

Did Tinubu know that Emefiele, Buhari's assistant Tunde, and the Aso Rock gang stole billions of dollars and trillions of Naira?

Did Tinubu know that the Buhari government has sold most of the country's future oil production, collected the dollars and spent/stole it all?

Did Tinubu know that the past government was effectively handing over a virtually bankrupt country to him.

Why should Tinubu not blame the past government.

The past government is APC

He ran on the incumbency of APC but want to be dissociated from its failures...

How stupid you must think Nigerians are
Business / Extract Whatsapp Numbers From Your Database by 49cents(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16
Inbox for details
Educational Services / Re: Database Of Private Schools In Nigeria..all States And Lgas Included by 49cents(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15
naija4:
A very comprehensive ,Robust, Accurate and verified database of private schools in Nigeria is available for schools. This database was compiled from VCONNECT ,lagosschoolsonline.com, Ministry of Education ,state/zonal Education offices ,AFED, NAPPS ,PSOAN and other associations of private schools in Nigeria.
This database is categorized and divided by LOCAL GOVTS with lagos having 150,000 schools ,Ogun state 100,000 schools ,Abuja and the remaining 33 states having 50,000 schools and LESS. This database is the most comprehensive ,Robust , Accurate and verified database of private schools available for the 36 states of Nigeria.
This database was compiled by WE educational consultants who offer services and products to private schools across Nigeria. Am offering this database to 10 persons this week and after 10 persons ,it wont be available for sale anymore . call 07082013126, to get yours today.
Is it still available
Business / Re: Herbert Wigwe's House (Mansion) In Ikoyi, Lagos (Video) by 49cents(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13
AsomArchitectNG:
May death not take us when it's time to start enjoying what we laboured for Amen...

It all depends what you call enjoyment

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Court Orders FG To Fix Price Of Goods, Petroleum Within 7 Days by 49cents(m): 11:45pm On Feb 07
MrProlific95:
Kudos to Falana, at least he did take action

Falana actually believes in socialism
Crime / Re: Man Murders Canada-Bound Lover, Kills Self In Lagos by 49cents(m): 6:03pm On Feb 05
Thats the horrible part of having intimacy without commitment based on knowledge of the other.

Obey simple laws ..today's human refuse
Properties / Re: Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment by 49cents(m): 9:18am On Jan 29
I thought yoruba landlord and Yoruba tenant never live in harmony?

Tribalism is a horrible thing, stop the generalisation already
Politics / Re: Seun Okinbaloye Called Daniel Bwala A Hypocrite For Singing Tinubu's Praises by 49cents(m): 10:18am On Jan 15
seanfer:

You're just assuming what's not real. Tinubu has proved to everybody that he is not anywhere belle face politician like others. He always fought any battle thrown at him internally in his party instead of running to another party.

Tinubu has Lagos in his pocket that's why. He is drug baron that says a lot about him
Health / Re: Amazing Health Benefits Of Alligator Pepper You Never Knew by 49cents(m): 10:51pm On Jan 05
Nice one mate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 83 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.