Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Hard Facts Of Life. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hard Facts Of Life. (17983 Views)

Facts Of The Two Sisters Who Married Oba Of Benin, Ewuare II / Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult / 25 Miraclous Facts Of Sex And What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
As I have said, I don't know how the universe came about and I don't know if there is a creator or not even though I am inclined to believe that a natural process brought about the existence of everything. However, I am sure that all religious gods do not exist.
I see. Well there is nothing more I can tell you than what I and others have
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by CAPSLOCKED: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I Feel there's a supernatural being overseeing everything. Have you watched Hollywood Medium with Tyler? That show is an evidence that there is an afterlife.

OKAY THERE'S A PARADISE UNDERWATER BECAUSE OF THE MOVIE AQUAMAN.

THE WAY YOU PEOPLE THINK THOUGH...
EVEN IF THERE'S ANOTHER HOME FOR DEAD SOULS, WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IT BELONGS TO YAHWEH THE DEITY OF YOUR FAMILY, AND NOT ALLAH, OR OSIRUS, OR IKENGA?

CAPSLOCKED IS ON THE POST YOU QUOTED I'VE BEEN TRYING TO IGNORE THIS THREAD AFTER THE INITIAL MENTION, BUT I'VE BEEN GETTING MENTIONED WITH ABSURDITIES.

THREAD STARTER MARTINEZ39 YOU CAN EDIT YOUR POST AND OMIT MY USERNAME... I CAN'T BEAR DISCUSSING WITH BIASED RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
My answer is going to be long , let me book space..

I am a fencist when it comes to God. Intelligent arguement would suggest God doesn't exist, but we all know the world isn't intelligent or logical.

On one part, believing there isn't a God is quite intelligent, but believing there isn't isn't fulfilling either. What we are left with without a believe in a great force is a void of hopeless and emptiness ; that our lives offer no purpose ( my supervisor from Japan mentioned how Japan is trying to get people more religious to avoid suicides )

I always likened the God argument to a person lost at Sea. There is a 10% chance people are coming to find you, or there is a 90% chance nobody is coming. But I would take 10% all the time due to the hope and believe it inspires. Which could determine how best I thrive for a better life.

Hopelessness isn't cool, Whether God exist or not could be debated back and forth with no conclusion, but Believe brings you assurance of a better future.

Compare this two scenerio: The Doctor says you got Cancer and there isn't a cure and you will die , and nothing can be done.

Or after going back Doctor says he made an error with the Cancer type , that you still got Cancer but people survive it 10% of the time.

The change in emotion in that person could be the difference between life or death. God is that 10%.

On life and meaning, we find our own meaning through our Passions. There is no collective purpose just individual things. I want to be a writer ( script Writer ) to inspire and educated people, that is my purpose and I hope to find fulfilment there.

Lastly there isn't a good thing about pessimism. it makes you depressed, achieve little and look at things in gloom. Cheer up love. grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by MJBOLT: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2019
Amakavula:
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2019
Amakavula:
Ghen Ghen. *park my wheelbarrow and sit down to wait for your post*
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Onequietgirl: 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2019
PLEEASE can anyone help with the phone number of MANI (Mental health awareness) plesase its very urgent!
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

EVEN IF THERE'S ANOTHER HOME FOR DEAD SOULS, WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IT BELONGS TO YAHWEH THE DEITY OF YOUR FAMILY, AND NOT ALLAH, OR OSIRUS, OR IKENGA?

CAPSLOCKED IS ON THE POST YOU QUOTED I'VE BEEN TRYING TO IGNORE THIS THREAD AFTER THE INITIAL MENTION, BUT I'VE BEEN GETTING MENTIONED WITH ABSURDITIES.

THREAD STARTER MARTINEZ39 YOU CAN EDIT YOUR POST AND OMIT MY USERNAME... I CAN'T BEAR DISCUSSING WITH BIASED RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.
Lol. Okay. She might not be biased but just simply indoctrinated. Perhaps what she needs is just a sound discussion with a skeptic. wink
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by DonroxyII: 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
God exist
I believe we are somebody's engineering ..... we are somebody's technology .... we are not special and we are all nothing .... we have no brain beyond what our society defined for us .... Our knowledge of our planet earth at our highest level of technological breakthrough is still limited talkless of our solar system and to talk of billions of stars in our galaxies and billion of galaxies in the universe

Maybe there are even billion of universes ... So, if you say God doesn't exist , it's like a useless brainless wasted drunkard telling his inebriated soul he owns the world ....

You are nothing more useful than that little cockroaches in your room that think it's wiser than you .... You are nothing and Nothing
Fly in the sky and see how antliked your fellow look like and at some point you become so smaller than an atom ....

God doesn't care you believe or not .... I look at myself and my wirings... I have drank beer to stupor and smoked weed till I passed out ...My brain misbehaved till i can't control anything me just like a system being hit by trojan .... There and then, I concluded I am like a computer too , somebody's robotic technology .

Now, if such person states there is afterlife , there is destiny (Programs n Commands) written against your brain box ...... who are we to queried anything in our limited brain and consciousnesses !!

We are too limited !!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2019
MJBOLT:
[/quote] [quote author=MJBOLT post=75569209]
tongue
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by kollinzgee(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:
I see. Well there is nothing more I can tell you than what I and others have

of all the things you posted above the only one i agree with you is fate or destiny .after my dad died i stopped believing in fate he was born poor he hoped all his life he will get rich he prayed daily to God for his time to come(fate)he kept making wrong decisions till he died poor.i promised not to follow his beliefs and footsteps.the blackman believes watever happens in life was destined to be if he gets rich it was destined if he died poor it was destined.if a plane crashed it was destined what will be will be . trash! trash !trash !are they trying to say God is wicked or partial come onnn what are we saying .if i talk about it they say i lack wisdom well as for me i believe heaven helps those who helps themselves if you sit down and refuse to work hard you may die poor and not realise you dreams in you keep waiting for your time (fate)remember time is going and you are aging daily and you will die....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Onequietgirl: 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2019
Onequietgirl:
PLEEASE can anyone help with the phone number of MANI (Mental health awareness) plesase its very urgent!
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Ghen Ghen. *park my wheelbarrow and sit down to wait for your post*
Finished tongue , appreciate the mention.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
Amakavula:

I am a fencist when it comes to God. Intelligent arguement would suggest God doesn't exist, but we all know the world isn't intelligent or logical.

On one part, believing there isn't a God is quite intelligent, but believing there isn't isn't fulfilling either. What we are left with without a believe in a great force is a void of hopeless and emptiness ; that our lives offer no purpose ( my supervisor from Japan mentioned how Japan is trying to get people more religious to avoid suicides )

I always likened the God argument to a person lost at Sea. There is a 10% chance people are coming to find you, or there is a 90% chance nobody is coming. But I would take 10% all the time due to the hope and believe it inspires. Which could determine how best I thrive for a better life.

Hopelessness isn't cool, Whether God exist or not could be debated back and forth with no conclusion, but Believe brings you assurance of a better future.

imagine if the Doctor says you got Cancer and there isn't a cure and you will die, then when Doctor says you got Cancer but people survive it 10% of the time the difference in cantina CEO in that person could be the difference between life or death.

On life and meaning, we find our own meaning through our Passions. There is no collective purpose just individual. I want to be a writer ( script Writer ) to inspire and educated people, that is my purpose and I hope to find fulfilment.

Lastly there isn't a good thing about pessimism. it makes you depressed, achieve little and look at things in gloom. Cheer up love. grin

Great take. Though people are different but I am not scared that god doesn't exist. I love the truth and I am not bothered by hopelessness or misfortune. For me, it's the truth even if it's not pleasant to the ears. I take life as it comes. I would like it if I could live forever or if there were a pleasant afterlife but I just have embrace facts and not lie to myself.

I appreciate the fact that others are not like me and they are free to deceive themselves as long as they don't impose their believes on others. Me? depressed that there is no afterlife and god? Nah, I take life as it comes. I face my happiness and sorrows with hoping in a god. The only good thing about pessimism is that your mind is prepared for whatever comes. grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Great take. Though people are different but I am not scared that god doesn't exist. I love the truth and I am not bothered by hopelessness or misfortune. For me, it's the truth even if it's not pleasant to the ears. I take life as it comes. I would like it if I could live forever or if there were a pleasant afterlife but I just have embrace facts and not lie to myself.

I appreciate the fact that others are not like me and they are free to deceive themselves as long as they don't impose their believes on others. Me? depressed that there is no afterlife and god? Nah, I take life as it comes. I face my happiness and sorrows with hoping in a god. The only good thing about pessimism is that your mind is prepared for whatever comes. grin
But it never inspires you for great things. If you believe everything would be bad, then there won't be an effort to make things better.

2 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2019
Amakavula:
But it never inspires you for great things. If you believe everything would be bad, then there won't be an effort to make things better.
No grin , I don't believe that everything would be bad. I belive that good and bad things will happen and that I am the master of my own "destiny." That's life for me and I am prepared for whatever comes.

6 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Onequietgirl: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2019
. .
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by hahn(m): 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2019
Tchalz:
The universe did not happen by accident.Someone must have created it...Something cannot come out of nothing.Having established that, whoever created the universe is God!

So who created this god?

5 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
Onequietgirl:

No one evrn cares to respond to this
I saw your post but I don't have their number. Why not try in the health section? smiley
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Onequietgirl: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
I saw your post but I don't have their number. Why not try in the health section? smiley

i seriously need it. The numbers i saw online arent valid
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
Onequietgirl:

i seriously need it. The numbers i saw online arent valid
I don't have their number neither do I know the organisation you are talking about.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
kollinzgee:

of all the things you posted above the only one i agree with you is fate or destiny .after my dad died i stopped believing in fate he was born poor he hoped all his life he will get rich he prayed daily to God for his time to come(fate)he kept making wrong decisions till he died poor.i promised not to follow his beliefs and footsteps.the blackman believes watever happens in life was destined to be if he gets rich it was destined if he died poor it was destined.if a plane crashed it was destined what will be will be . trash! trash !trash !are they trying to say God is wicked or partial come onnn what are we saying .if i talk about it they say i lack wisdom well as for me i believe heaven helps those who helps themselves if you sit down and refuse to work hard you may die poor and not realise you dreams in you keep waiting for your time (fate)remember time is going and you are aging daily and you will die....

Strong word do you think working hard is what maketh a man to be rich or wealthy ? To comprehend this whole thing will be a difficult one your words somehow sparked up a feeling of my past mistakes which i somewhat wonder if it was destined for me to go through that ordeal and i could remember kicking against it but i later fell for it and regret even when am sane i still made the wrong decision..somethings are beyond us as humans which no matter what.. your dad dying a poor man doesn't mean God overlooked him you would have read the case between the poor man and rich man in the bible , i think life has it purpose it just left for us to discover it even when we are rich or poor ..

1 Like

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Biglittlelois(f): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Give me sound evidences and I shall conclude other wise. Adam and Eve, Moses, Abraham, King David, Solomon, Job, Jesus, Mary and many other bible characters never existed. Anyway, what are your takes on the other facts. Besides, I forgot to call the intelligent ones. Amakavula, Tamarapetty, Tozara, HopefulLandlord, HardMirror, XxSabrinaxX, Makydebbie, Biglittlelois, NwanyiAwkaetiti etc. What are your takes?

I believe God exist, I believe in religion, i believe in spiritualism, and I also believe that people are entitled to their opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2019
paul1995:

Strong word do you think working hard is what maketh a man to be rich or wealthy ? To comprehend this whole thing will be a difficult one your words somehow sparked up a feeling of my past mistakes which i somewhat wonder if it was destined for me to go through that ordeal and i could remember kicking against it but i later fell for it and regret even when am sane i still made the wrong decision..somethings are beyond us as humans which no matter what.. your dad dying a poor man doesn't mean God overlooked him you would have read the case between the poor man and rich man in the bible , i think life has it purpose it just left for us to discover it even when we are rich or poor ..
Stop this thing jare. What is that necessary thing god cannot achieve if he made kollinzgee's father prosperous? What is that necessary thing god cannot achieve if he eliminates cancers and other terrible diseases from humanity? Ogbeni, suffering and misery is not necessary for an all powerful and all loving god to achieve his desires. For those that are waiting on god to heal their diseases and answer their prayers and keep on saying "god's time is the best," "god will do it in his own time," "it's just a test and trial" etc, I ask what is that necessary thing god cannot achieve if he answers your prayer now? If god answers your prayer to take away your cancer now, will anything spoil? What is that necessary thing god cannot achieve without putting you through trial and suffering? grin how can an all knowing being test you when he already knows the end result? grin if god bless you now and answer your prayer now, will anything spoil?

Please, let's be serious and start asking the right questions.

7 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I believe God exist, I believe in religion, i believe in spiritualism, and I also believe that people are entitled to their opinion.
Lol. We dey fight? grin I know that people are entitled to their opinion nah grin. I just asked for your take, that's all.

3 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Biglittlelois(f): 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Lol. We dey fight? grin I know that people are entitled to their opinion nah grin. I just asked for your take, that's all.

grin I don't really like arguments on religion, I stay away from that sha, no vex wink
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2019
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
Biglittlelois:

grin I don't really like arguments on religion, I stay away from that sha, no vex wink
Okay o. grin
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I don't see what's religious about my post though.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by kollinzgee(m): 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2019
paul1995:

as a born christain i was taught to obey only wats in the bible and not wat one prophet or man of God said because anything human leads to confusion there is no where in the bible were God said all things that happened are destined. then who is the author of all destinies if was not stated in the bible.People fail in life becoz they giveup on their pursuit too easily .i agree with you that hardwork alone is not enough to make you rich but do you remember this slogan workhard and work smart. the pursuit for riches and wealth or success is like searching for a lost key in a room as far as they key is in the room keep searching tirelessly you will surely find the key. life is a jungle believe it or not it is the survival of the fittest.if you are too weak to partake in the struggle then get ready to settle for less.if you still believe in fate or destiny no problem continue but remember if you fail in life nobody will blame your destiny or fate it is you they will blame have you seen where poor kids are blaming their broke parents .do you ever hear them call God or destiny or fate its the parents who take the blame my opinion though....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Melvict: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
Mr poster, I am happy you want to know more about God. well, I'm not an atheist and am proud to be a scientist. Evidence is a scientific approach and every other things in this world have there own approach. you need not to have evidence for everything on earth. even science contradicts itself.

Psychology as a science gets to a stage in a patients life when therapy is not appropriate to use but go for the source and foundation of the problems faced by the client. most times this problems are spiritual and we most times refer the person to solve his or her problems spiritually. Most of them come back with a successful result and there problems solved through spiritual means and most scientist do not doubt the existence of the supernatural.

4 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Ranchhoddas: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2019
1 is partly false.
2 is totally false
3 is false
I don't know what to make of 4
5 is false
6 is probably false

7 is false

1 Like

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Ranchhoddas: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
cool is partly false.

9 is false.

I don't know what to make of 10

11 is very very false.

I don't know what to make of 12

13 is false

14 is false.

Where do you want to start from?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

He Saw My NAKEDNES.S / SA Woman Loses N30-million To Ugandan Boyfriend & Prophetess In Love Scam (PICS) / #babcock Student Sex Video Leakage And Expulsion Aftermath !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.