Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Hard Facts Of Life. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hard Facts Of Life. (18006 Views)

Facts Of The Two Sisters Who Married Oba Of Benin, Ewuare II / Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult / 25 Miraclous Facts Of Sex And What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by kazyhm(m): 9:46am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
When we are born, our minds are at tabula rasa. What we know depends on our environment, experiences, exposure and, where possible, the indoctrination our society has given us. Reality is such that no matter what we believe, it doesn't change and it doesn't care about our feelings. Given that many grew up believing the wrong things and are still believing these things, I find it important to set things straight. It might be that many are sensible but still not aware of certain things. Without wasting your time, here are hard facts about life.

1) THERE IS NO GOD AND YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN : a lot might not agree but I challenge you to show me any evidence that god exists. Your life struggle is yours to bear and no god is coming to help you out. No matter how much you pray, what god you believe in and how morally upright you are, nature will always take it's course and if you don't do the right thing, you won't get the right result. Religion, psychic stuffs and other spiritual stuffs are ridiculous falsehoods with no sound basis in reality. Do away with them and start facing reality.

2) THERE IS NO AFTERLIFE : once you die, that's it. Your cease existing forever after you die and there is no coming back. So do all you want now that you are alive. This world is all there is, there is no spiritual/unseen world. This is where you succeed, this is where you fail. If you don't make it here, forget it and there is no second chance. This is where you are happy, this where you are sad. Once time has passed, it can never be regained.

3) PEOPLE HAVE THEIR PRICE : people are not moral. With the right amount of money and desperation, people will do immoral and mean things. For many, morality is only when it's convenient. Learn not to trust anyone for even your enemies may smile a lot. Money reveals people's true colour. When it comes to money, people are not to be trusted and are mean spirited opportunists. When you have money, people (men and women) will gather round you. They don't give a damn about you but your money. Learn to say "no," spend your money on yourself and leave the rest for your children.

4) SUCCESS IS NEVER GUARANTEED UNTIL IT IS ACHIEVED : that boy or girl that looked almost certain to succeed might end up turning out to be a "failure" in future. That boy or girl that was looked down upon might be the highest achiever in future. No one, I repeat no one, can know the future. You might do everything right and die before you reap the fruit of your labour. You might suddenly have an accident or disease that would render you useless no matter how bright you were. You might be lucky to make it. There is nothing like a way to make it in life instead all you have are principles that increases your chances at making it in life but chances are what they are and are not certainty. Until it is achieved, success is not guaranteed.

5) LIFE ON EARTH HAS NO PURPOSE : you exist for no reason. The universe doesn't owe you any meaning to your existence. The meaning your life has is the meaning you give to it. There is nothing like destiny and fate. Your life is how you plan it.

6) NOT EVERYONE WILL MAKE IT IN LIFE : we all know this but still like to act like success is our birthright because we think our life is in the hands of an imaginary god. Even if we all work hard, not all of us will make it and you could be among those that don't make it. Even among those that succeed, there will be variation. Some will make it early while some will make it late. Some will be privileged to be born in a successful family while some will be born in poor families.

7) YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL : that HIV you hear about can happen to you. That cancer you hear about can happen to you. That rape you read about in the news can happen to you. That ghastly accident you read on nairaland, newspaper and see on tv can happen to you. In short anything bad can happen to you. That untimely death you see and hear from wherever can happen to you. Who the hell are you to think that you are immune to these things?

cool THE UNIVERSE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MORALITY. ALL IS CAUSE AND EFFECT : good things happen to bad people; good things happen to good people; bad things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Do the right thing and you will get the right result. It doesn't matter whether your approach is legal or not (legality and illegality are man's construct), apply the rules and you will get the right results. Cause and effect agrees with the strong overcoming the weak that's why your corrupt and powerful politician can unduly put you in jail and you will rot there no matter how morally upright you are. Your saving grace is if there is a more powerful force to save you and keep him in check. The universe cares about rules and facts not morality and your constitution.

9) INJUSTICE, NO KARMA AND WICKEDNESS : The universe doesn't care about your wellbeing and disputes. That guy that raped you might never be caught and would go on to marry and be happy till he dies while you struggle to make a living. That rich guy that snatched your girlfriend or the girlfriend that cruelly snubbed you and went for a rich man might end up building a happy marriage and home while you keep on struggling. Justice is man's duty to uphold. That man that stole all your money might invest it and be successful while you rot away; that man or woman that stole your idea might use it to make billions while you rot away into oblivion and poverty; that fake friend that cruelly snubbed you during your hard time might live a life of fulfilment while you rot away in misery; that cultist that shot your sister might never be found and may go on to live a successful and happy life. There is nothing like karma, if man doesn't seek justice then justice will never be implemented. Sorry for you if you think god will avenge your hurt and fight your battles. Sorry for you if the person you want to bring justice upon is very powerful. Take heart, it's life.

... to be continued
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

You are asking, my statement is not real = alive.

Perhaps you're the stupid one for thinking like that. cheesy
go back to school and learn the differences between LIFE and ALIVE and what REAL and TANGIBLE mean.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
go back to school and learn the differences between LIFE and ALIVE and what REAL and TANGIBLE mean.

my statement is not real = alive. I never said that. Everything that is real is not necessarily alive, but everything that is alive is real or tangible, isn't it?

So if God is alive, is he real or tangible?

It's not rocket science, you know?
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2019
Ubunja and akin1212, there is no need to quarrel. Let the discussion not stray from maturity.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
Nobody believed the Black Swan because there were no evidences to support it's existence, that's rational of them. They then changed their minds when they saw sound evidence for the Black Swan, that's completely rational of them.

I would expect the same from people when it comes to the existence of god. Martinez39 doesn't believe in the existence of god because there are no evidences to support such, that's rational. Martinez39 will only believe in god if you provide sound evidences for his existence. If I go by your logic, I would say that there are two dragon eggs on CAPSLOCKED's head and you should believe it because, just like the Black Swan, it exists even though people haven't seen sound evidences for their existence yet. wink

cheesy grin DRAGON EGGS. grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 9:53am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

my statement is not real = alive. I never said that. Everything that is real is not necessarily alive, but everything that is alive is real or tangible, isn't it?

So if God is alive, is he real or tangible?

It's not rocket science, you know?
I asked you WHICH CHURCH PROMOTES GOD AS TANGIBLE?
don't waste time.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
Ubunja and akin1212, there is no need to quarrel. Let the discussion not stray from maturity.

You know when people can't face the truth, they start doing the ad hominem fallacy. I won't even insult him because it's Valentine and I'm in a good mood grin.

Let him keep raining insults, it only shows his inadequacy and his level of maturity. cheesy
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

cheesy grin DRAGON EGGS. grin cheesy
grin grin be careful, balance your head well make those eggs no fall for ground.

1 Like

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
I don't see why a grown man would waste time asking for evidence WHEN I CLEARLY TOLD HIM THERE IS NO EVIDENCE. but the fool has to keep asking the same dumb question in different words.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by kazyhm(m): 9:57am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
.. continued

10) SUCCESS IS STEP BY STEP UNTIL THE VERY END : you must be consistent and not rest on your laurels, keep on at it step by step till the very end. Because you worked hard and made sound decisions in the past doesn't mean things will turn out well. A single mistake, ignorance or bad association can cost you all you have worked for overnight. So it's step by step with wisdom till the very end.

11) MIRACLES DON'T EXIST : there are no such things as miracles -- from the supernatural perspective. Work and hustle.

12) NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING : even if you are dying, your medical bill is five naira and you can't afford it, no one owes it to you to help you out. The rich don't owe the poor anything. You don't owe anyone anything and no one owes you anything. Let everyone go and work. No matter how much you complain and try to get emotionally, no one owes you sh1t. If you are broke, no one will give you money and no one will look your face no matter how handsome you are so when you have money, don't waste it being a Santa Claus. Use your money for yourself and children and leave to them the remaining as inheritance. Your money should pass down to your bloodline. If you like go and give birth to children that you can't take care of, when you can't afford hospital bills and your child dies, don't blame anyone.

When you have money, people will gather around you not because they like you but because they like your money. Even if it's your last card, they don't care. They will collect it. Learn to say "no" no matter the emotional display and desperation shown by the begger. Let people go and work and earn for themselves, you don't owe them anything. If you waste your money being a Santa Claus, people will disappear, no one will give you money, the people who you have helped will distance themselves from you ,snub you and start giving you attitude/insults. Don't borrow people money because most people don't pay back. Human needs have no end, even if you spend $2bn to meet people's needs, they will still come again. Beware that people always like to take advantage and control so stand your ground and trust no one. Live within your means as you are not obliged to impress or compete with anyone.

13) BEING TOO KIND IS A WEAKNESS : be kind while using your brain. Learn to say "no" and stand your ground and don't lose sleep helping people or at least those that are not worth it. Being kind can backfire.

14) EVERYTHING IS PHYSICAL, NOTHING IS SPIRITUAL : Everything thing is physical and has a physical explanation. Nothing is spiritual and no observation should be attributed to the spiritual. Nothing like "my village people dey do me," if you no make am, no be person dey do you. Many things that people thought were spiritual ended up having physical explanations. Be real. No human being is spiritually endowed with special anointing, supernatural knowledge, spiritual gifts or any of those nonsenses. No one is special and can't do what you can't spiritually. You can't heal terminal cancer therefore no pastor can do the same. You cannot disappear therefore your pastor or native doctor can't. Every person be human being. Throw spiritual nonsenses away.

The end.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

You know when people can't face the truth, they start doing the ad hominem fallacy. I won't even insult him because it's Valentine and I'm in a good mood grin.

Let him keep raining insults, it only shows his inadequacy and his level of maturity. cheesy
what truth is that?
That there is no evidence that God exists?
Is it not what I have been telling your dumb self? You waste time.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
I asked you WHICH CHURCH PROMOTES GOD AS TANGIBLE?
don't waste time.

And I answered you. I said all churches do that.

How, you may ask? They said, God is alive, has a son, capable of having emotions(anger, jealousy etc), capable of touching people, capable of delivering judgement, capable of creating real and tangible things.

But the question is, a being that is alive, and capable of handling tangible things, is he tangible or not?

You should consider answering the question instead of responding with another question.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 10:00am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
what truth is that?
That there is no evidence that God exists?
Is it not what I have been telling your dumb self? You waste time.

This quality of raining insults on a faceless forum must be a gift to you from God, innit? grin
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:03am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

This quality of raining insults on a faceless forum must be a gift to you from God, innit? grin
stupid is only an insult to the stupid.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

And I answered you. I said all churches do that.

How, you may ask? They said, God is alive, has a son, capable of having emotions(anger, jealousy etc), capable of touching people, capable of delivering judgement, capable of creating real and tangible things.

But the question is, a being that is alive, and capable of handling tangible things, is he tangible or not?

You should consider answering the question instead of responding with another question.
Tangible = "can be touched". NOW which church promotes God as tangible? Not your own fake tangible.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 10:08am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
stupid is only an insult to the stupid.

Lol, answer the question bro. If God is alive and able to handle tangible things, is he tangible or not?

We have not even started because you're not answering the most important question here, despite that Ibhave answered all your questions.
At the end, we'll know who is stupid. Whether it's someone who believes in something that has zero evidence or someone who rejects something that has zero evidence.

Please answer the question.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

Lol, answer the question bro. If God is alive and able to handle tangible things, is he tangible or not?

We have not even started because you're not answering the most important question here, despite that Ibhave answered all your questions.
At the end, we'll know who is stupid. Whether it's someone who believes in something that has zero evidence or someone who rejects something that has zero evidence.

Please answer the question.
go ask your dictionary what TANGIBLE means. Then maybe I will enlighten your stupid self.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 10:13am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:

Tangible = "can be touched". NOW which church promotes God as tangible? Not your own fake tangible.

Tangible does not have just one meaning.
Tangible = can be touched,
Tangible = actual, capable of being understood and evaluated and therefore regarded as real.
Tangible = able to be realized, capable of being given a physical existence.

Now, if God is able to be alive and can also handle tangible, real things. Is God tangible or real?

I'm guessing your answer is no? Let's move on to the next step of clearing your fantasy.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:19am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

Tangible does not have just one meaning.
Tangible = can be touched,
Tangible = actual, capable of being understood and evaluated and therefore regarded as real.
Tangible = able to be realized, capable of being given a physical existence.

Now, if God is able to be alive and can also handle tangible, real things. Is God tangible or real?

I'm guessing your answer is no? Let's move on to the next step of clearing your fantasy.

What does ALIVE have to do with all those definitions?
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 10:27am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:

Because anything that is alive, is tangible as defined by all those definitions.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 10:29am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:

Because anything that is alive, is tangible as defined by all those definitions. But if you know something that's capable of being alive but not tangible, you can as well tell us here so we can verify it.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:34am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

Because anything that is alive, is tangible as defined by all those definitions.
and at which point did I say God is alive?
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 10:36am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
You didn't need to say so, the bible makes it clear that god is alive. Don't you believe that god is alive? shocked
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:38am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
You didn't need to say so, the bible makes it clear that god is alive. Don't you believe that god is alive? shocked
in other words YOU ASSUMED.
Thats why I call you Stupid.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 10:38am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:

That's why I am asking these questions. Is God dead?
If you're not saying he is alive, then you're saying he is dead!
He is either dead or alive!
Inanimate or animate.

Or is there a form of existence we don't know about?
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 10:40am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
in other words YOU ASSUMED.
Thats why I call you Stupid.
Okay then, I just have two question.
1)Are you a christian?
2)What's your idea about god?
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:42am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
Okay then, I just have two question.
1)Are you a christian?
2)What's your idea about god?
you are not gona get those answers. Just chill in your stupidity.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 10:47am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:

Are you going to answer me sir? Your question below

ubunja:

To which I replied

Akin1212:

Inanimate or animate.

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 10:51am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
Okay then. I assumed you were a christian because of this post of yours.

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:55am On Feb 14, 2019
Akin1212:

Inanimate or animate.

you are slow. That's why you modify your messages too much and respond to me two times. Refer to the first instance above.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 10:56am On Feb 14, 2019
Martinez39:
Okay then. I assumed you were a christian because of this post of yours.
you have to be brainless if by now you can't tell if I'm Christian or not.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Akin1212(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2019
ubunja:
you are slow. That's why you modify your messages too much and respond to me two times. Refer to the first instance above.

I know I am slow by whatever standards you say. But the. Does that answer my question?

You're only doing ad hominem fallacy over over again by calling people names. Answer the questions, it doesn't matter how many times it is asked, if you had answered ones you can't be asked again.

You didn't say God is alive, and that's why you have been asked. Is God alive or dead?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Describe Your First Kiss / If You Slept In A Guy's House And He Refuse To Touch U . / Scandal In Enugu State As Governor Impregnates Wife's Younger Sister!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.