Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee (33063 Views)

Reasons Women Get Attached To A Man After Sex / Help: I Am Getting Emotionally Attached To A Married Woman. / I Like Her So Much But She Is Not Emotionally Ready. Help Me Out Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Mursz: 6:28am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

The truth, is that when I think of her inbuilt qualities, I am force to believe I will be on the losing side if she fails into the hands of someone else.
That's why I said I am in a dilemma.

You my friend is a selfish gold digger, you dont want her and you dont want to leave her, who dors that?

If there's no emotional connection leave the poor good lady, stop deceiving her and go double your hustle to better yourself.

Dont be in a relationship cus what you stand to gain. Let her be!
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Armour: 6:29am On Feb 14, 2019
Op..your challenge may probably be that you are seeing someone else (a side chick) who is giving you more sexual satisfaction than she does. An industrious and virtuous lady such as described by you are not usually good in bed as they are mostly consumed with what they do.

My advice .. Beauty fades and Cassava will turn to carrot but he who finds a wife, finds a good things and obtain favor. Do not make a mistake as you may end up regretting in the future.

If this makes sense to you. Pls click like

9 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by KPOLOVIE(m): 6:33am On Feb 14, 2019
To love no be by muscle or beauty, if it's hard for you to express it for her then that means the two of you can't have a future together, why not let her go? Because you two are incomparable

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by deltateam: 6:39am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Nairalanders please help a brother to avoid future regret..

I met my current girlfriend in one of the states in the western part of Nigeria during NYSC and we were very close though we had nothing intimate between us.
After youth service we kept in touch and one thing led to another and we started a relationship, after I discovered that she was a rare breed.

She is every man's dream woman as she is supportive, understanding, loving, has foresight and very industrous and investment crazy.

The problem is that I am not emotionally attached to her. I don't want to marry her out of pity and have reasons to still being running after ladies outside,an act which will definitely bring regret and maybe shatter my dream of a blissful home.

I was thinking maybe, just maybe if we tie the knot I may come to love and b emotionally attached to her.

Please friends in the house I am in a dilemma...

Dude anybody that tells you magic happens after marriage is a liar. Is she not beautiful enough, not romantic. She doesn't hug you or play with you except business? Clarify.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by pocohantas(f): 6:40am On Feb 14, 2019
generationz:

oya op pick one

she no get breast
she no get yansh
she no fine
she is short

which of these qualities do you cherish that she lacks ?

The best thing is for you to free her now than marry her and make her miserable while she already has kids.

She still has a good chance of finding a good man who will love her for her and cherish her.

Don't marry out of pity.

but the thunder that will fire you for not being so attracted to her and wasting her time, money and body is still doing pressup.

*tongueclick*

He isn't emotionally attached, but he is financially attached grin

Last last, he will marry one slayqueen that will deal with him. He will na come online and be disturbing us with philosophical quotes.

If you don't want someone, why not let him/her go? He has refused to do that. This same guy will meet another girl tomorrow and marry her in a week, while spending on her. You can never understand these sons of Adam... undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by beezyblaze(m): 6:40am On Feb 14, 2019
Op....I understand your plight as i have been in your shoes before...you realize you have a really nice girl with all the rare admirable qualities you want in a woman and you’re scared if you lose her you’ll end up regretting for the rest of your life because you wont find someone like her but on the other hand you feel you aren’t attracted to her and this is because of some of her attributes... probably she isn’t pretty enough...or you love tall girls and she’s short or you love chubby girls ans she’s slim or fair girls and she’s dark or vise versa.... if there’s something you dont like about her....tell her. See there’s nothing that beats COMMUNICATION in a relationship... let her know whatever you feel you dont like about her and watch her change...she loves you enough to change and become perfect for you...give her the support she needs during this process....and if you feel there’s pressure on you or you feel you aren’t financially stable yet to get married or something...talk to her about it also instead of compensating yourself with ‘i dont feel anything for her’...tell her what is going on with you...that’s why she’s there for you.
Another thing is you need to work on yourself also...focus more what what you love about her...make sacrifices for her...treat her better...talk and see her more often...once she’s happy...you’d realize you’d be happy too....
Start seeing yourself has blessed....start seeing yourself as lucky....start seeing yourself as rich...you need to start realizing you have something other niggas wish ... pray and fast for... start treating her better because you will still face more difficult times in life and this is the kind of girl you need by your side at those times...she’ll give you or the support and advice you need and still give you enough respect to make you feel as the man.
The truth is...you think you aren’t emotionally attached to her but you are and you dont know it probably because of the way you got her (so easy) and the way she feels towards you...you feel so secured because you feel there’s no competition and you cant lose her anymore but when you lose her...you’ll realize how much you loved her and you’ll regret it for the rest of your life and it’ll hurt more when you see her happy with another man.

Op...If You Dont Want To Cry For Love... Dont Lose that Girl...Dont lose that girl...I Repeat...Dont Ever Ever Lose That Girl...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by deltateam: 6:44am On Feb 14, 2019
But seriously girls deserve this. This is me dying for a girl and her telling me she's in a relationship. People like op make them the Lord of the rings.Every girl is in a relationship now, even those in secondary school. So where are the free girls Op welldone o. Ode.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Ishilove: 6:45am On Feb 14, 2019
pocohantas:

He isn't emotionally attached, but he is financially attached grin

Last last, he will marry one slayqueen that will deal with him. He will na come online and be disturbing us with philosophical quotes.

If you don't want someone, why not let him/her go? He has refused to do that. This same guy will meet another girl tomorrow and marry her in a week, while spending on her. You can never understand these sons of Adam... undecided
This is why Nairaland boys hate you. Your mouth is too sharp cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by VictorRomanov: 6:48am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

I would have done that long before now, but I still think she is too good to let go just like that.

I think I should tell you some few things you should know about her:
After our service year I was struggling to get a job and she advice I set up a business and helped with about 50% of the capital with which I started my current business.

When we started, she bought a large plot of land in my state and just recently developing the plot for agricultural use.

On all the occasion she has visited me in my state, she has done so with her money and also getting plenty of goodies for me and my family.

Just recently, she bought into my lifelong plan of travelling out of the country. She has put visible plan on ground for us to leave the country soon after our wedding.

The truth, is that when I think of her inbuilt qualities, I am force to believe I will be on the losing side if she fails into the hands of someone else.

Dont be selfish man! If you can't get emotional attached to her, then don't ruin her life. Allow her for another guy.

There is this 80-20 rule you should know. It has two versions. But this one applies to your situation: some persons abandon the 80% in their partners, because they re looking for the 20% and end up with someone with just 20%, only to regret losing the 80% they once had.

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Ishilove: 6:48am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

I would have done that long before now, but I still think she is too good to let go just like that.

After our service year I was struggling to get a job and she advice I set up a business and helped with about 50% of the capital with which I started my current business.

When we started, she bought a large plot of land in my state and just recently developing the plot for agricultural use.

On all the occasion she has visited me in my state, she has done so with her money and also getting plenty of goodies for me and my family.

Just recently, she bought into my lifelong plan of travelling out of the country. She has put visible plan on ground for us to leave the country soon after our wedding.

Oh, poor girl... She don enter one chance cry
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by pocohantas(f): 6:52am On Feb 14, 2019
Ishilove:

This is why Nairaland boys hate you. Your mouth is too sharp cheesy cheesy

The truth is a very bitter pill to swallow, for boys o. When NL WOMEN begin to hate me, I fit think am small... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by mainman7(m): 6:56am On Feb 14, 2019
You are a bloody gold digger, you sure don't deserve a good being like her. Leave that girl for a better guy that deserves her. Mind you, if you've been having sex with this girl, calously stealing the precious food of her future husband, reducing her future marital emotional stability and focus... After leaving her, you op shall NEVER enjoy your future marriage, Kama is an assassin. Amean.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Offpoint: 7:01am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

She doesn't have any of those "deformities" you listed up there.
She is better educated than myself as she has done her Msc while I am yet to further after by Bsc program.

I think it's a thing of the heart. Even when I try to fake it to make her happy, I know deep down that it's not real...
Dude I'm gonna be straight... let her go in a peaceful way, let her know your reasons. taking her in as a wife will only spell doom because the love is not there. It's better you let her go now or your ruin your future and hers too.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by OMEGA009(m): 7:06am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

You’re just a greedy bastardddd that’s preying on a naive girl and GOD will pay you in your own coin. You will marry a biatch and she’ll make your life a living hell. Infect you with an incurable disease and leave you to die alone like the wretched foooool you are. E-diot
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by zedman1(m): 7:12am On Feb 14, 2019
From experience, I think you had an ex with a very bad character, selfish but attractive , more "woke" and beautiful than your present good girl....... Character matters most.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Nathalya(f): 7:15am On Feb 14, 2019
Explain things to her and tell her you need a break for a while

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by dingbang(m): 7:16am On Feb 14, 2019
Nigga free that girl for us
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by CheedyJ(m): 7:23am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

She is better educated than myself as she has done her Msc while I am yet to further after by Bsc program.

I think it's a thing of the heart. Even when I try to fake it to make her happy, I know deep down that it's not real...
I was in a similar dilemma 4 years ago with girl of similar qualities as ur fiancée, I tried to love her to no avail, had to let her go cos I didn't want to take advantage of her love for me by using her which is what u are doing now..if u can't bring urself to luv her,why don't u let her go ,don't be selfish OP..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Emyjeze(m): 7:40am On Feb 14, 2019
From your story i will assume she is stinkingly rich. . . . Bro i have A1 in developing love for people . . . . So can i have her number??
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by zedman1(m): 7:53am On Feb 14, 2019
beezyblaze:
Op....I understand your plight as i have been in your shoes before...you realize you have a really nice girl with all the rare admirable qualities you want in a woman and you’re scared if you lose her you’ll end up regretting for the rest of your life because you wont find someone like her but on the other hand you feel you aren’t attracted to her and this is because of some of her attributes... probably you love tall girls and she’s short or you love chubby girls ans she’s slim or fair girls and she’s dark or vise versa.... if there’s something you dont like about her....tell her. See there’s nothing that beats COMMUNICATION in a relationship... let her know whatever you feel you dont like about her and watch her change...she loves you enough to change and become perfect for you...give her the support she needs during this process....and if you feel there’s pressure on you or you feel you aren’t financially stable yet to get married or something...talk to her about it also...tell her what is going on with you...that’s why she’s there for you.
Another thing is you need to work on yourself also...focus more what what you love about her...make sacrifices for her...treat her better...talk and see her for often...once she’s happy...you’d realize you’d be happy too....
Start seeing yourself has blessed....start seeing yourself as lucky....start seeing yourself as rich...you need to start realizing you have something other niggas wish ... pray and fast for... start treating her better because you still fave more difficult times in life and this is the kind of girl you need by your side at those times...she’ll give you or the support and advice you need and still give you enough respect to make you feel as the man.
The truth is...you think you aren’t emotionally attached to her but you are and you dont know it probably because of the way you got her (so easy) and the way she feels towards you...you feel so secured because you feel there’s no competition you cant lose her anymore but when you lose her...you’ll realize how much you loved her and you’ll regret it for the rest of your life and it’ll hurt more when you see her happy with another man.

Op...If You Dont Want To Cry For Love... Dont Lose that Girl...Dont lose that girl...I Repeat...Dont Ever Ever Lose That Girl...
Wow! I hardly get inspired by motivational/relationship writings but yours here is deep. It's like you're talking to me. I had a slay queen for a girlfriend over so many years, there was absolutely nothing good about her except for her looks. I met a girl with just about the attributes of that of the Op after we broke up. She was everything good except for what quality I don't even know that she lacks, maybe because she wasn't as attractive as my ex? Who knows? it took me time to really adjust. I will be getting married hopefully in April to an amazing woman. I just wonder how I would have felt if I had let her go. I won't lose that girl! I won't lose that girl!...... Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Peterson102: 7:57am On Feb 14, 2019
When the devil wants to destroy one's life, he makes him feel every wrong decision he makes is right.
Nuff said.
Use ur head, stick to only the girl!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Fixitgood(m): 7:59am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

This is the most selfish statement I've heard this year.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by zeenaman: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2019
In a similar situation
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2019
delugajackson:
How can you have a woman who's every man's dream and you're not emotionally attached to her? Check yourself, you might be the problem.

Just so you know, there is nothing like "coming to love" after marriage. If there's no love from the begining, then the possibility of enjoying the marriage will be zero and such union is bound to crash at any time. You may keep basking in the euphoria of false-hope if you wish. But the truth remains that you will end up being sad, dejected and frustrated. And it's unfortunate that such a nice girl with such lovable qualities has to put up with your shìt when in reality, she deserves better.
I tire ooo, this is why Pocohantas keep destroying the boys here. Just imagine “every man’s dream” and he is only prickly attarch to her.
When boys talk you will know sha
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by folajoe21(m): 8:10am On Feb 14, 2019
[leave her, if not later in the marriage u will become an adultery chairman.... or pray it out first
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Dammylois(f): 8:18am On Feb 14, 2019
Stop keeping her for selfish gains op.... Go find the One you're emotionally attached to and let her find her man. The earlier the better

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Sadiyaene(f): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2019
Yeye shild If it me I will first cut ur preek be4 u say jack sadu wanna leave her for another gal Oh plzzz use yah coconut young man grin
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by komols856: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

just send her contact to me. since you don't love her. she is a rare gem but perhaps both of you are not meant to be together.
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 8:39am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

You don't know what you want in life. If you continue like this, you may regret you came to this world. embarassed
You better control your emotions before your emotions control you
Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Avast(m): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2019
Ubdavis:
If u refuse to love a rare breed, I wonder !

maybe he wants olosho.

life can never be straight bro. Let me tell you something, if you marry someone else and she lacks some attitude you cherish from this your girlfriend, you will still blame yourself for letting her go.

Sit down and think about what you really want.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2019
XaintJoel20:

You might not find another like her. Sometimes marriage needs to b a rational decision and not just emotional. Someone once told me when it comes to marriage, love ain't enough.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Not Emotionally Attached To My Fiancee by gracey2017(f): 8:50am On Feb 14, 2019
Hnmmmm.......OP...when last did you go for deliverance, ure village people have discovered how dis lady will help ure future and dey are trying to push u away from her.....hnmm....hnmmm....now close ure eyes raise ure hands and say after me...." my father, my father, epp me......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Marry A Female Doctor / I Think Life Is Unfair To Women & Guys Need To Be Realistic! / As A Parent, At What Age Can You Allow Your Daughter Have A Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.