Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (38297 Views)

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / Should I Advice Her, Play Along Or Leave Her? / 3 Financial Red Flags In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by ubunja(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
Avedonn:

OK Boss

always fascinated with your write-ups.
Thanx. cheesy if I do post I will definitely mention you Avedonn.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Galaticos444: 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Why should I stay in a relationship with a Narcissist?? I haven't encountered one before....

Waiting for updates BTW
most pretty ladies ar narcissist probably cos dey feel dey can get away with anything

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by odigbosky(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2019
Basically i don't know where to put myself. Egoistic or a Narcs guy. Had so many girls complain about me for being to proud. One said i was draining and it touched me. 2 days ago my ex called me and we spoke for over 4 hours late into the night and the last words were like....i am searching for a guy like you.

You see, i do things not seeking attention but it comes on its own. I just attract people so i am very careful about entering people's life especially ladies. They make me look so bad and even the writer here makes the personality so bad. We care so much about people who mean so much to us.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Mariangeles(f): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
ubunja:
who needs a brain when women don't have one?
Believe that, believe anything !
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Daeylar(f): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
Funmisticqueen
Don't worry about that. It doesn't matter.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2019
Interesting
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Badilstical(m): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

And how has that added massively to your pocket?

Rhetorical q and a.
He said that he doesn't spend much, doesn't that add to his pocket

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Mariangeles(f): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
Avedonn:

OK Boss

always fascinated with your write-ups.
You're just one of his numerous puppets he manipulates !

Every nairaland male that agrees with that ubunja foreigner is nothing but a DISGRACE!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Basiljoe: 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
Any solution or cure?
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Biglittlelois(f): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2019
johnkey:
it's not a bad thing to think highly of one's self, especially if you have what it takes.

It's about classing yourself and keeping your circle really small.

More like a no love lost-no love found situation

I'm afraid this is me exactly, I cut off relationships and friends like no man's business, and i'm Scorpio, I more or less don't have friends and I like my introverted self as it is, God help me.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
Galaticos444:
most pretty ladies at narcissist probably cos dey feel dey can get away with anything
True, their egoistic and proud nature pisses me off.... Or probably because they feel every guy wants them

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
Elder0001:

Your all post says only one thing - you left him because he wasn’t releasing money

Why are you lots this stingy and useless ?? You that is complaining what did you help him achieve with your own money?

A relationship isn’t a one sided walk

Hey dear, u don't know what you are talking about.
Ask for more info and I will provide that if i deem so.

Money should be the last on the list.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Rearwheeldrive7(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
actually no. While that is true my ex is not the reason for this topic, besides that was a while ago. I left him in style. I had a spat with one of them on NL few days ago.
Lol hope I’m not the one you’re referring to as one of them
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by MartinsD12(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Part 1- THE NARCISSIST.
Good day Nairalanders, I decided to start a series to help others in relationships to recognize red flags and seek help where necessary and also avoid placing themselves in such situations.

This series will be like an expose especially on some B personality types like narcissists, borderlines, sociopaths and psychopaths. The continuity of this series will be based on your feedback, so please share and comment, you may be helping someone.

Who is a narcissist? He/she is someone who has an excessive in or admiration of themselves simple. While everyone has some narcissistic Traits so that we have good self-esteem. It becomes pathological when you have narcissist qualities to high degrees and at the expense of others. These are the narcissists I am referring to. We’ll call tem Narcs for short.

Narcs are usually selfish, entitled (believe they are the best thing since sliced bread), grandiose (believe that they are bigger and greater than they are or someone they aren’t), arrogant, manipulative, shallow/superficial and most importantly lack empathy (do not consider other people's feelings). They constantly seek validation and have a need for continuous admiration by all to boost their self-esteem and ego because they can’t draw such from themselves. Any person, thing or environment that provides this ego boost in any form to the narcissist is termed “narcissist supply”. Status symbols like sports cars, wealth, beauty; a yes man or sidekick or arm candy, a beautiful lady in the midst of less pretty ones so that she stands out more and so on are prime examples of narc supply

Narcissism is a spectrum, but we will broadly classify them into two but keep in mind that they overlap. The overt narcissists and the covert narcissists. Overt narcissists are easier to spot. They are usually extroverts. Most CEOs and a certain president who called our country a shithole are prime examples. We all know that arrogant person who doesn’t care for other people’s feelings, or that high and mighty boss who doesn’t care or give you leave because your mother is ill. Or that bf/gf who always want to be the center of attraction, it has to be about them. When in a relationship with such a person they do anything to make themselves look good even belittling you and chipping away your self-esteem so that you want to be like them, it can go on for so long you don’t know what is real anymore. ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS ANYONE!
Covert narcissists are harder to spot, they have narcissist traits but hide it. They are experts of victim mentality, blame shifting, sabotaging and passive aggression. When in a relationship with such a person, you will always feel bad and not know why, everything seems perfect on the outside but something nags you and you can’t pinpoint the problem. If you feel such you might be in a relationship with a covert narc. They will make you feel bad on your birthday, or show fake concern if you are overweight. Some spiritual leaders, marriage counselors and therapists are prime examples, when you got to them they throw it back at you and tell you the problem is your fault. A covert narc may apologize for wrong doing, and promise to change but will go back to old habits soon after.

Narcs are not capable of sustaining deep intimate relationships where give and take is involved. They take and take until the giver is half of themselves. The relationship becomes 11/2 = 1/2 instead of 1=1 and sadly Nigerian upbringing is producing a lot of male covert narcissists.

So the question is should one stay or leave a relationship with a narc? That is entirely up to the person. Narcissists cannot be completely changed because it is a personality disorder. But something can be done which we will address in part 2. Please ask questions and feel free to share personal examples or your ordeals with a narc.
Cc
I once dated such a girl, it was hell fire for me judging the fact that I loved her, all she knows is herself all the time, everything should be about her all the time very much self centered, I got tired she started begging but never changed at all, the best is to leave sharply

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by ubunja(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mariangeles:
You're just one of his numerous puppets he manipulates !

Every nairaland male that agrees with that ubunja foreigner is nothing but a DISGRACE!
so nairaland males must agree with you instead?

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by wickedworld: 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2019
Pls run they are bad news. They lied about everything, they are manipulative, makes empty promises a lot, their attitude is different from what they say, they will use u to get another supply, down grade u in present of family and friends, always taking and when is time for them to give u will be discarded.

They will discardu for a new supply after 2 months they will be back as nothing happened. Their wrong is always ur fault because they are perfect. They like show off, brag a lot, womanise a lot, drama king, they are mean, heartless, frustrating, control freak, stubborn, u will always feel like walking on egg shell in relationship with them, relationship will them always end bad, they think u don't deserve them in their head.
Etc

Once u know u are dating narcissist play them back with the mind of discarding.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Biglittlelois(f): 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
PIPnator:

I dont think living the scorpio way is being narcissistic.
A scorpio can really give their all without minding but what they hate most is anyone trying to take advantage of them, lie to them, play smart of them. They are true humanist when it comes to being human but can also be a cold blooded a**hole when crossed.

If you want to know zodiac signs that are likely (not all of them) to be narcissistic, then talk about Leos!

This is true, I tend to cut off completely when I find out the deceit and lies, I feel it's demeaning to my person.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Deicide: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
actually no. While that is true my ex is not the reason for this topic, besides that was a while ago. I left him in style. I had a spat with one of them on NL few days ago.
I believe you
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I'm afraid this is me exactly, I cut off relationships and friends like no man's business, and i'm Scorpio, I more or less don't have friends and I like my introverted self as it is, God help me.
I am introverted too but not a sociopath....

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
ubunja:
yawn.

Ubu 1
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Biglittlelois(f): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:

That one should never be classified as "ex" babe angry
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by LordKO(m): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I'd like to know the ones on Romance, as for Family, say no more, one in particular starts with Elder lipsrsealed

Lol. U wan provoke elder, e bi like say u don ready for wahala. my hand no dey.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Deicide: 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Shut up your Zodiac sign or position of distance planet relative to when you were born has nothing to do with anything angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Mariangeles(f): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
ubunja:
so nairaland males must agree with you instead?
No, they must have minds of their own !

That defines a true man!
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
funmisticqueen:
pray not too be with one oo. You can't change them

I’m not trying to change him that is my point only 2 by 2 animals entered the ark the rest nko God saves souls just love if you sabi don’t diagnose you will commit yourself

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by ubunja(m): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mariangeles:
No, they must have minds of their own !

That defines a true man!
so that mind of their own must never be in support of ubunja?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
wickedworld:
Pls run they are bad news. They lied about everything, they are manipulative, makes empty promises a lot, their attitude is different from what they say, they will use u to get another supply, down grade u in present of family and friends, always taking and when is time for them to give u will be discarded.

They will discardu for a new supply after 2 months they will be back as nothing happened. Their wrong is always ur fault because they are perfect. They like show off, brag a lot, womanise a lot, drama king, they are mean, heartless, frustrating, control freak, stubborn, u will always feel like walking on egg shell in relationship with them, relationship will them always end bad, they think u don't deserve them in their head.
Etc

Once u know u are dating narcissist play them back with the mind of discarding.
You dey vex oooo cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by macho44(m): 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
ubunja:
what does that even mean?
He mean say u wan to set the place on FAYA
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2019
i am exactly like that...i need help, lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Biglittlelois(f): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
I am introverted too but not a sociopath....

I'm not a sociopath, I let people in when I see the traits I like and admire, I'm actually fun to be with.
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by Mariangeles(f): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
ubunja:
so that mind of their own must never be in support of ubunja?
Say you be who naaaa??

Madiba ??
Re: Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2019
solasoulmusic:

I’m not trying to change him that is my point only 2 by 2 animals entered the ark the rest nko God saves souls just love if you sabi don’t diagnose you will commit yourself
I don't get it, Are you with a Narcissist already?? What she's saying is "avoid them at all cost"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Silly Things You Have Done To Please Your Man / Salty Discharge From Her Breast To My Mouth. Please Help / Caption This Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.