Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? (34589 Views)

Do I Lie about The Condition Of Where I Stay to this girl / MEN!! Don't Let Society Lie To You!! This Kind Of Women DO NOT EXIST!! / The Best Way To Get A Woman To Bed Is To Lie To Her, Facebook User Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by ogtavia(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
Not to seem insensitive, is that your real picture in your profile? Don't mind my asking please.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by tunize(m): 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2019
kellykessy:
My wife was unlucky with men before we met. She told me she had n abortion before we tied the knot. We are now two years in marriage, no issue yet. But, I am happy and she is happy. If she had not tell me, that would have been an opportunity loss. Think about it.
Bro i get ur point of been truthful. but yours is a different case sir.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by teacherbim(f): 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
kellykessy:
My wife was unlucky with men before we met. She told me she had n abortion before we tied the knot. We are now two years in marriage, no issue yet. But, I am happy and she is happy. If she had not tell me, that would have been an opportunity loss. Think about it.
Babies are coming soon

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Are you saying that I give up on relationships?
Should I confine my self to a lifetime of loneliness simply because I have a genetic disorder?

Of course, I might stay single for a few more years but then I would love to find love and settle down someday.
oops. That part got me.

Love will find you at the right time dear, people that doesn't have or suffer any genetic disorder are not finding the love also, it's not an easy thing to come by dear.

Well, i have this friend whose sister is also a sickle cell patient, buh she's happily married to a medical doctor with a kid and she with her family are all doing good in U.K.

Where as there are many who doesn't suffer from sickle cell who are still out there searching. So just relax, don't give up on life, don't see yourself as a patient in love, see yourself as normal human falling in love, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't. Buh don't you dare lie, love is gonna find you, trust nature.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by OAUTemitayo: 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
Please don't lie to him.
I once dated a SS and if there is one thing I cherish her for, it is her loyalty and honesty.. Though I broke up because of her feminist tendencies...
She is still someone I cherish a lot.
Never lie,it would create hatred for you at last.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by tunize(m): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=miracood post=76438798][/quote]
i ask her.....take a chill pill man.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Originalsly: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

I haven't been fortunate with guys.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?

I'll start with Part 2...... having self esteem and confidence ...always a good thing.... especially for a person with your illness. The other attributes.... let others be the judge.

Part 1.... the answer to why you are unfortunate with guys lies in Part 3.

Part 3.... you find a guy that you like.... and go after him with all your heart.... not trying to find out if he really loves and cares for you in return. Love is a two way street...not one way. This is your problem...not your sickle cell status. You throw yourself at guys you like....most will chop....sickle cell?...that's ok...two holes in the heart...that's ok.... have one kidney only... that's ok...he will say whatever to get what he wants...then be very busy after. Tell the truth... stop throwing yourself...body and soul... at guys you like without knowing g them well.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by bluefilm: 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
Hahaha.

Have you checked your ogbanje status?

If that's not the case, then try girls.

I'm sure God will understand wink
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Sensation55(m): 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

You do know that you can't bury the truth for long, right?
Of course u cnt hide d truth 4 long buh if i may ask...wat d proximity btwn u nd diz fifth guy??...Has he made his feelings known to u or u jst thought he loves u??
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by stubbornman(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

You need a brain check

Hey... can we be friends smiley
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2019
let me see ur picture before i talk
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Icon79(m): 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2019
Pictures or we don't believe you @the highlighted grin

Coming to your question, some women tend to love too quickly and/or reveal everything about themselves too quickly. Hence, per the 5th guys ... you guys just met and haven't gotten that close, so you don't tell him anything about your health status. At this stage of the friendship, all you can share with him are your hobbies, personality, religion, politics, likes and dislikes, etc. He has no business snooping into your personal life. If I were in your position, the only time I would reveal that information is when I start discussing marriage with a guy. And I am talking about when that discussion gets really serious that he has fixed a date to come and meet your parents.

Other than that, you're not really keeping anything from him that he ought to know. I mean, it isn't like your HIV positive or anything. SS is not a communicable disease; hence, I would only share that piece of info with someone who's planning to have a family with me.

O pari

Chi59:
My first attempt at a relationship failed woefully.
And so did the second, third and fourth.
It isnt entirely without a reason though.
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
So I don't know, what am I lacking?
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Seebrian(m): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
Truth will always prevail dear.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Kvngexcel(m): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:
And so did the second, third and fourth.
It isnt entirely without a reason though.
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
So I don't know, what am I lacking?
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Double yah hustle, make the cash!!!!. they will rush you���

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by muteki: 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

The truth has robbed me of 4 good guys. How many more will I lose to the truth?

Keep speaking the truth, what will be will be.

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
izzou:
Chi59, here's my candid opinion

Do not disclose it to him till he finds out. No man is going to start any relationship on "I'm SS" note.

Spend time with him, let him love you for who you are, and just maybe, he may defy all odds and stick with you

This is the reality of the life you have. Be courageous and fight for what you want.

Lol, some do though.
I remember this guy my cousin gave my number to, first question he asked was my genotype. I got the message immediately...
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by eniorisha(m): 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2019
Problems differ. Well, u av not done bad so far. Your four exes weren't goin away because of your genotype disorder. After all, many AA & AS girls have as many as 15 exes & failed rlshp to their names. Rather, they ran because it's much hard gettn into your pant. Most people incldn girls see sexless rlshp as boring & emotionally impracticable. My advice is keep telln them your gntyp conditn but dt hymen intact till wedding nyt or at least after engagemt.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
I made front page. Wow!
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by izzou(m): 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol, some do though.
I remember this guy my cousin gave my number to, first question he asked was my genotype. I got the message immediately...

If you had said SS, you think he would have continued discussing with you?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by ghettochild4u(m): 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
Tell him
If e wan go mk e go...
U will find ur prince charming
I for marry u oooo.. But am AS.. So u know what that means dearie...
All the same we should b friends..
Back in B.U I did a presentation on sickle cell anaemia in my 3rd of biochemistry..
WhatsApp me +27737839889

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by gigdip999(m): 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
My dear since you are truthful me I will marry you cos I believe with faith you will live very very long, after all everyone will have to die someday, so what d hec

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
You said boyfriend right? If he doesn't ask, don't tell him. Your happiness is a bigger deal than any silly boyfriend girlfriend relationship. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
izzou:

If you had said SS, you think he would have continued discussing with you?

I don't think he would. The question was too direct. I think he is SS/AS.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by gigdip999(m): 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=gigdip999 post=76464628]My dear since you are truthful me I will marry you cos I believe with faith you will live very very long, after all everyone will have to die someday, so what d hec this is my number pls feel free to whatapp me up +23408136019277
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Larryslim(m): 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
mrphysics:

What you need the most now is to be happy. Considering your status, being happy is more beneficial than having a boyfriend that might be giving you some emotional problem.

Why not choose to stay single and happy. There are many things you can achieve being single and happy. You have to accept relationship isn't working for you. Come to terms with that hard truth and go for plan B. So what is your plan B? To keep moving from one to another?
I agree, you've tried four different relationships and none worked.
You musn't be desperate for another, why not stay single and happy, then see how things play out from there?

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by izzou(m): 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2019
AntiBrutus:

I don't think he would. The question was too direct. I think he is SS/AS.

Hmmm

The op should just keep her disorder to herself. Almost every guy is scared of an SS, Unless he has something to hold on to, which he can only find when he falls in love

My dear since you are truthful me I will marry you cos I believe with faith you will live very very long, after all everyone will have to die someday, so what d hec this is my number pls feel free to whatapp me up +23408136019277

cc: AntiBrutus
shocked
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by BabbanBura(m): 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

You need a brain check

It only took u about 3 comments to display your true colour. I doubt the qualities u enumerated in your post.
Work on your attitude, the ss is already a dent, do not pad things up with bad attitude.
Sincerely.
For 1 - 5 guys to leave u even when they know that your genotype is ss from the beginning calls for a reflection from you, are there other things about you or your attitude that drives them away? If this is not addressed, even the guy up there that is should interest may leave you

4 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2019
BabbanBura:

It only took u about 3 comments to display your true colour. I doubt the qualities u enumerated in your post.
Work on your attitude, the ss is already a dent, do not pad things up with bad attitude.
Sincerely.
For 1 - 5 guys to leave u even when they know that your genotype is ss from the beginning calls for a reflection from you, are there other things about you or your attitude that drives them away? If this is not addressed, even the guy up there that is should interest may leave you

You lack understanding. Take that to the bank
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
stubbornman:

Hey... can we be friends smiley
Hi
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by BabbanBura(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

You lack understanding. Take that to the bank

Okay thanks, goodluck in your search!

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by krak101(m): 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:
And so...Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?
Just be yourself. The right person that loves you for what you are will surely come through. Stay strong

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
izzou:

Hmmm

The op should just keep her disorder to herself. Almost every guy is scared of an SS, Unless he has something to hold on to, which he can only find when he falls in love

cc: AntiBrutus
shocked

Lol, you believe that? Do you think that is the kind of hookup OP wants? Pity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What It Means When A Guy Cries At The Thought Of Loosing You! / Guys How Do You Respond To What Do You Want From Me ? / Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.