Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me (48299 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / My Mom Is Too Stubborn! / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Drmberede(m): 5:27am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry

OP,I would like to hear from her, before I comment

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by ACE1010: 5:27am On Mar 08, 2019
sholikay:
hmmm...this is serious...

There's nothing serious here I beg..... both of them know what's best for them

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry

Mr bleeping, take it easy

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by henrykene(m): 5:28am On Mar 08, 2019
With all due respect, i must admit to have learned to shout at a lady the hardest way ok.

One of the major reason she's behaving like that is because you hurt her with your shouting attitude.

Stop shouting at her in any case, but try to talk it over and see reasons with her as your partner instead.

Drop your ego for outsider, and grab the greatest respect she has been holding for you till you become a man.

The best thing to do whenever she starts shouting is to keep calm, at the end you let her know that she messed up and bring p solution ASAP if you have one.

Being a man is not by shouting but by being a calm person that knows his value or worth.

If you guys are still together up til now, you're still lucky, ao what you've got to do now is simply quit shouting at her at all. If she tries controlling you just let her know in peace that she ain't.

If she still cannot keep her cool, eventually she might try to move on, and don't go and beg her to re-union.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by nkemjacob2(m): 5:35am On Mar 08, 2019
So shocky if I tell u she ain't ur type. (U both ain't compact able)
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by ACE1010: 5:35am On Mar 08, 2019
Offpoint1:
I see a ship whereby 2 captains are trying sail,
A kingdom where 2 kings are trying rule,
A pack of wolves with 2 Alpha male,
A car where 2 drivers are trying to drive,
I see a perfect ingredient for a disastrous home.

Op, you don't need my advice... you need common sense. You don't have 2 madmen in a room and expect a tidy room.

grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Tonysmith4sure(m): 5:36am On Mar 08, 2019
OP shebi u are the man, d best way to help her is to take a bold step and walk out of the relationship ad never turn back. Let her realise dt d reason u left her is bcoz of her atitude and maybe she will learn her lessons. Shebi u need our advise, take it now. Walk and never look back. I still believe she never do you jazz.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Lexusgs430: 5:44am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

She is not the problem......... You are the problem.......... You see all this issues/characters, yet you still wan put head.......

Marry her soonest...... Nairaland is always available for post - marital advice............

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Timekeeper: 5:47am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

Pls contact Badadvice here on nairaland

Badadvice you are needed Pls
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:
You’re a control freak. She’s not your child!

Just listen to yourself and the words you’re saying.

You want to control her
You’re correcting her
You’re raising your voice at her
You get upset that she talks back at you.

Like she’s supposed to keep quiet like a child and listen to you talking condescendingly to her in the name of correction.
What are you correcting her about? What makes you think you know more than her and as such are in position to correct her.

You’re just upset that she isn’t accepting of your mansplaining.
What normal person looks for who to control?

I hope she sees the signs and leaves you before she ends up in a horrible marriage with someone looking for a subordinate, not a partner.

I wonder whose raising these prideful, egocentric boys who think they can come into a woman’s life and run the show. Oh I know.

GTFOH

Well said. This is exactly how lots of them are.

That is why I feel no pity for majority of them complaining of not finding good/respectful girls. They are the problem!!

His definition of a submissive woman would be same with his colleagues. A woman that can shut up while he shouts at her as he wishes.

Selfish narcissistic creatures.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Udomite: 5:57am On Mar 08, 2019
Please grow up first, attend single seminars and work on yourself first. You don't understand her, try to. She is the best. Gud luck

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 6:13am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

was in same shoe with you over the years which lead to my break up, later when i was diacussing with old friend, after narrating my experiences and how difficult i find it engaging in another relationship since then, he laughed and told me that i can't marry with that attitude, every woman gets bored at some point in marriages and you tend to see the worst in them he rather encouraged me to focus more on treating any lady am dating right, that correction can be passed on romantically too, that any man that finds himself always exchanging words with his lady has faulted few steps and needs to relax retrace his steps and methods
I tend to understand he was correct somehow because op if she was to be so from onset you wouldn't have been in love with her, you got to see this attitude overtime so if you wants these said lady then work on yourselve your temper, your correction methods, your approach to stuffs, attitudes and reactions when she faults you shalom..

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by hightempo(m): 6:14am On Mar 08, 2019
Understanding is the fountain of life for those who have it . Your decision is your choice and you have every right to change it if it doesn't correlate with your vision....The most critical thing in any relationship is the vision of that relationship and all other variables comes aftermath ..
You need to ask your self some questions and do a lot of introspection b4 u embark on your journey as nobody have full knowledge of your life except u....Let her know your standpoint, don't hide your feelings for fear of loosing her.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by pounds627: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2019
Another pus*y worshiper spotted... dump her stupid ass asap. U need to priorities ur needs above dose cunts. dey can be a pain in d butt, but only if u allow. Amen

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Daeylar(f): 6:17am On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:

You want to control her
You’re correcting her

Like she’s supposed to keep quiet like a child and listen to you talking condescendingly to her in the name of correction.
What are you correcting her about? What makes you think you know more than her and as such are in position to correct her.

I hope she sees the signs and leaves you before she ends up in a horrible marriage with someone looking for a subordinate, not a partner.

I wonder whose raising these prideful, egocentric boys who think they can come into a woman’s life and run the show. Oh I know.

GTFOH

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! grin grin
Drag him grin
Looll!!!! grin grin

A lot of these boys on this NL are so strange. When they bring their relationship woes here a number of such woes consist of them crying about their GF not listening to their "very good and innocent corrections" undecided grin
Or how their GF hasn't mutilated her personality and lifestyle to exactly what they, Her lord BF has commanded her. (Of course the bf only does it to help her, it is all part of their ever loving corrections and the loooovvvvveeeee undecided they have for her grin grin )

These men are damaged and yet instead of trying to get help. They look for who they can break into pieces.

This is for OP's gf. (If this story is true and she exists)
Go girl!!!!!!!!
You're the MVP. Keep your strength and self esteem as high as they are now.. Don't ever lower it for any of these severely damaged creatures. kiss

Just one word of advice dear.
When your break up with men. Let that sh*t go.
Don't ever break up and start trying to make up. That bullsh*t doesn't work. They're not going change.
Highest these men pretend for some seconds but they are still going to revert back to their original behaviour that made you guys break up in the first place.

Let! These! Men! Go!. kiss

You're doing great sweetie kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

(

This is the problem here my friend.

Why would you raise your voice when talking to her. She is not a child and she's letting you know you should not treat her like an animal. Simply stop raising your voice at her or any human for that matter, she's not a dog.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by samsard(m): 6:20am On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:

You want to control her
You’re correcting her

GTFOH
Aswear you nailed it. He's a control freak, acting like a dictator instead of a partner.
The girl in question won't fall for the African typical submissiveness blackmail.
grin

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by holuphisayor(m): 6:20am On Mar 08, 2019
Your gf shouldn't be your pet or someone u shout on at will.
If you wouldn't let people shout at you, why shout on others?
If people tell you to leave the relationship i bet you'll be back in square one in no time.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by africanusvu(m): 6:22am On Mar 08, 2019
Use sniper.just #250
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by gentlemmy: 6:23am On Mar 08, 2019
Bro the truth hurt but it must be spoken. Any girl who is not loyal, grateful, and who don't respect you don't date her. I repeat don't date her. All this lover of s thing is just infatuation, it's maximum span is just 2yrs, what will keep u together is her respect and loyalty then to your part is love her, protect her and provide her need. Simple.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by gentlemmy: 6:23am On Mar 08, 2019
Bro the truth hurt but it must be spoken. Any girl who is not loyal, grateful, and who don't respect you don't date her. I repeat don't date her. All this lover of a thing is just infatuation, it's maximum span is just 2yrs, what will keep u together is her respect and loyalty then to your part is love her, protect her and provide her need. Simple.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Daeylar(f): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her.

Op just please tell me that this story is a joke and you wrote this just to rile up naira land? Please? I refuse to believe that there are people this messed up yet who think their dysfunction is normal that they bring it to the GP without shame? .tell me it was all for reactions, and no relationship exists? embarassed
How completely messed up do you have to be to think that this is acceptable?
Getting upset because someone has refused to be controlled? That she does what she pleases? And it annoys you. undecided op please never have kids and stay off women until you fix your issues. Until you learn that no one should be controlled. Please and thank you cheesy
And if you can't. Well. You're enough for yourself. And you need no woman nor child cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2019
iRepNaija1:

Logged in just so I could reply to this message. You've missed the whole point of her message: women are not pets or animals. The only people she needs to be taking "corrections" from are her parents and/or elders. It's not a woman's job to learn how to submit to a man. A man's ego, his masculinity, and his pride should not be determined based on how a woman treats him or how she relates to him. How can you control anyone when you're submitting? Carry go.
Thank you so much for this kiss
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Omojolaray(m): 6:30am On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:

You want to control her
You’re correcting her

GTFOH
this one weak me..... grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Omojolaray(m): 6:33am On Mar 08, 2019
Kennydoc:

I understand your annoyance but believe me, I can feel the op. I once had a girl like that. We only lasted 2 months and I decided I couldn't take it anymore so I called it quits. Breaking up with her is one of the best relationship decisions I've ever made.
Today, I have a girl who is so soft that I have become much better cos of her attitude. This is a girl that will apologise first cos there was a misunderstanding (even when the main fault might not have come from her). As a result of her attitude, I have learnt to apologise very easily, and as a matter of fact, I now see apologising to her as a way of expressing love. Besides, she has everything I ever desired in a girl physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. In my world, she's the most complete girl God ever created.

A woman who always wants to enforce her opinion to her man will lose the man and the relationship. Same applies to a woman who can't take corrections. When a woman learns to submit to her man, she will ultimately win him over and may even get to start 'controlling' the man with her submission.

@Kenshinmunac, that lady is not yours. Break up with her and wait for your own. You both are not compatible. I'm talking from experience.
too much sense

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by creepsyme(f): 6:35am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

My brother saw these signs n his relationship and went ahead to marry the lady now he is regretting his life.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kenshinmunac(m): 6:37am On Mar 08, 2019
creepsyme:
My brother saw these signs n his relationship and went ahead to marry the lady now he is regretting his life.

LOL I can relate.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by sacramento1212: 6:38am On Mar 08, 2019
creepsyme:

How old is your brother's marriage and does he have kids already?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by olamy7(m): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2019
MissSweet:
Dude, you don't have to force yourself on any girl. If she deserves you she will always reconcile. Just take a break from relationship issues and earn yourself value first...

Trust me, If you worth her she will come for you else, find someone will understand you and cherish you more...

And @op never you shout at a girl... you lose your respect for her.
I don't even understand your advice...or is it because u'r a girl ?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by daniwise(m): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2019
Offpoint1:
I see a ship whereby 2 captains are trying sail,
A kingdom where 2 kings are trying rule,
A pack of wolves with 2 Alpha male,
A car where 2 drivers are trying to drive,
I see a perfect ingredient for a disastrous home.

Op, you don't need my advice... you need common sense. You don't have 2 madmen in a room and expect a tidy room.

Gbam.elder has spoken
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kenshinmunac(m): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2019
thotsofnaij:

This is the problem here my friend.

Why would you raise your voice when talking to her. She is not a child and she's letting you know you should not treat her like an animal. Simply stop raising your voice at her or any human for that matter, she's not a dog.

If someone makes me angry I tend to raise my voice when taking, I bear with her a lot but she fucking gets on my nerve like weiten they burst my head na that "I don't understand" I mean that shit disrespectful asf. "are you shouting at me, I don't understand" so wait you mean I can't scold my own gf if she goes wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

When A Girl Says "I Don't Want Your Girlfriend To Come And Beat Me" / Here Is The Woman Who Fought For The Right To Be A Prostitute, See Photo / Photo Of A Man Kissing A Mannequin In A Boutique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.