Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me (48252 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / My Mom Is Too Stubborn! / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by daddytime(m): 3:22am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry

Bro...I am in this very situation you just aptly described, the only difference with mine is, there are kids involved but not to worry because that will surely be sorted.

I'd advice you my guy to flee that relationship before you lose your mind or end up committing murder out of rage.

Gently find your way out from her life because she'd never change trust me on this. She'd beg after each fight and tell you she was wrong and will never repeat such attitude but na lie... (repeat offender) na blood e dey no be learn she learn am.
Fish wey don dry no dey let bend my brother..if you try bend am na break.
Abi you wan teach old man how to use lefty for old age?

My own case na small thing....I don weigh am left, right, back and front na obviously to move on as we both obviously aren't happy any more and seem to be disgusted at each other.

If I had seen the signs as clear as you do now before delving I sure would have thought twice but it's never to late bro...

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by odikomo1(m): 3:25am On Mar 08, 2019
Truly truly
Daisy17:

I 100% agree with everything you have written. African parents need to learn how to raise boys to see women as their partners and their equals. The whole post shows the op is very controlling and someone who sees himself as superior because he's of the male species ( I won't call him a man because he needs to grow up and become one).
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by LawyerEmilord(m): 3:25am On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:
You’re a control freak. She’s not your child!

Just listen to yourself and the words you’re saying.

You want to control her
You’re correcting her
You’re raising your voice at her
You get upset that she talks back at you.

Like she’s supposed to keep quiet like a child and listen to you talking condescendingly to her in the name of correction.
What are you correcting her about? What makes you think you know more than her and as such are in position to correct her.

You’re just upset that she isn’t accepting of your mansplaining.
What normal person looks for who to control?

I hope she sees the signs and leaves you before she ends up in a horrible marriage with someone looking for a subordinate, not a partner.

I wonder whose raising these prideful, egocentric boys who think they can come into a woman’s life and run the show. Oh I know.

GTFOH
My mind exactly. This is 21st Century not Stone age. �

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by daddytime(m): 3:25am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

Mehn cry I wish I knew wouldn't have been involved with her. She is fucking proud but letting her go is so heart shattering because I got attached. Thanks for the advice though bro,

You better vamos and save your head...what is heart shattering about moving on?

Is your life ending afterwards...siddon there dey heart shattering....

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by ojkalito(m): 3:28am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry
I'm faced with similar experience, rude, unapologetic, ungrateful. I care about her a great deal but I had to quit. Follow your brain not your heart, it's not easy I know but you'll be fine. It's hard for you to find a girl and be in a relationship I'm guessing but don't let that thought make you act less of what you are. Like I said I am faced with similar situation and equally following my own advice here
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Seunakj(m): 3:31am On Mar 08, 2019
This is a sensitive issue that needs to be handled with high level of wisdom. The is no equality in marriage. In a normal marriage setting, man is always superior to the woman. Broken relationship is far better than broken marriage. The next worst thing after hell fire is bad marriage. If she is hot tempered person, she is not meant for you.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Renegadefrank(m): 3:35am On Mar 08, 2019
You both need to deal with your anger issues. Also, her pride getting in the way is wrong as relationships need compromises, so long as you do the same. Nonetheless you have to find out whether she talks back at you because she's independent minded/strong willed or because she's stubborn. You find that out, then you can move forward with a solution coming from both of you. All in all, it's not rocket science, you should sit down and discuss your problems and compatibility. If it won't work, go your separate ways and stop making yourselves miserable. Godspeed and best wishes
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Praisesongz: 3:38am On Mar 08, 2019
Well I was in that shoes and believe me mine was worse than this. But I summoned courage and taught myself to stop loving her then I detached myself from her physically and emotionally it’s a gradual process tho. But you have to start with learning how to stop loving her. Before you know it your free don’t break up I repeat don’t use your mouth to say ah no do again. Use this method and thank me soon ooo not later o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by birdie: 3:38am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

End the relationship as soon as possible. If you marry her, you'll regret it.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:

You want to control her
You’re correcting her

Like she’s supposed to keep quiet like a child and listen to you talking condescendingly to her in the name of correction.
What are you correcting her about? What makes you think you know more than her and as such are in position to correct her.

I hope she sees the signs and leaves you before she ends up in a horrible marriage with someone looking for a subordinate, not a partner.

I wonder whose raising these prideful, egocentric boys who think they can come into a woman’s life and run the show. Oh I know.

GTFOH
sharrap coco some girls are very stubborn.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Erums(m): 3:47am On Mar 08, 2019
Hello bro.. I would advise you take charge of the relationship and not push to control it... You can go o. Google and seek meaning of what i just wrote there... Had a case like yours,.. But now.. She somuch in love that her subtleNess is unveiling gradually.. You got to lead man.. No doubt.. But don't control... Take charge

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by eyinjuege: 3:50am On Mar 08, 2019
You have a problem, and you have nobody to tell you.
Your girl isn't your subordinate. She's a human being like you who has feelings and has emotions.
You want her to keep quiet and not challenge your decisions? Is she a robot?
I would advice you break up the relationship, and possibly stay single till you find someone with your kind of mentality. I'm sure there are women who don't mind uour attitude.
Let her also look for like minds and guys that are fine with being corrected and challenged

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by luminouz(m): 4:04am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

Lmaoooo

Ehya....this wan is heartbroken!!!!
U know ur fragile eh? Then TOUGHEN UP!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by ghettochild4u(m): 4:06am On Mar 08, 2019
Jim iyke, u better move on... Be there asking us for advice when u seen d signs already that u r both toxic to each other in this relationship....
Move on n u won't regret u made d best decision of ur life.... She egocentric n will never respact u not even marriage can make her change.. Such girls grow up been disrespectful on her own part. M sure she was brought up in a good home except if she grew up in a broken home
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by socialmediaman: 4:10am On Mar 08, 2019
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by guru03(m): 4:18am On Mar 08, 2019
iTearHerToto:
You are just a weak and shallow minded fella allowing an ungrateful, misled, unapologetic, useless, Worthless, brainless, discombobulated, unfortunate, blood sucking, spastic, disrespectful DiickMonger to affect your precious life. Why

My chairman, take it easy on him and APC,���

Nonsense and APC sad
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by DaddyNimo(m): 4:25am On Mar 08, 2019
why not go and date your mate? you seem to like small girls you can lord over and not a matured girl that has her own brain and mental faculties working. check out those ss3 girls, those ones you will be able to control, slap and shout on and they won't talk back at you. nonsense human being.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by henrykene(m): 4:51am On Mar 08, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Steal her pant and use her for ritual

Choi! Yahoo Boy mindsets sha lol

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by AllenSpencer: 4:54am On Mar 08, 2019
Use her for money rituals!

Your worries will be in the past afterwards
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:56am On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:

You want to control her
You’re correcting her

GTFOH

God bless you! I was desperately waiting for someone who understood it as I did. It's not about telling him to quit the relationship. Nigga has a truckload of issues! Who does he think he can lord it over? I already saw from the post that he's such a domineering person... he keeps on saying I'm the man, I'm the man! Whoever told him that's how to be a man? Bloody narcissist he is!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:01am On Mar 08, 2019
SifonAbasi:
This platform saved my marriage.

True. Inasmuch as there are crazies here...there are also right-thinking, mature individuals. I'll be a liar if I say I haven't learnt plenty from Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:04am On Mar 08, 2019
jaxxy:

From my angle and perspective She may not be proud bt rather u are the one starting of with/having a wrong mindset. A confident lady is different from a proud lady. U are weak for her I think cos Ure looking for a Timid gal u can subjugate and control like a puppet or a kid simply because u feel Ure paying her bills or taking care of her now or will in future and she’s having none of that. That is wrong and that is why I say she may not actually be proud or rude bt intelligent and confident.

Marriage/relationship is not about controlling the other person bt being equal while u show leadership not because Ure a man bt becos u have the maturity and sense enough to lead.

Work on urself, ur confidence and insecurity and change ur mindset abit and see if her reactions to ur demeaning behavior changes. Once u change ur mindset I’m sure she will take ur corrections. If not then she is rude or sorry Ure not compatible with her.

I'm 99% certain that this OP is the chief problem in that relationship. Mehn, I found his post very infuriating!

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by wifeesnatcher(m): 5:13am On Mar 08, 2019
where is Ategberoson he surely knows how to shook mouth for this gbege

you need a psychotherapist brother;

first you want to be in control of a relationship, why should your says prevail everytime? both of you're stakeholders in the relationship which gives her rights of expression as well

secondly, have you bang that girl? if yes abeg leave that bae and move on but if no, bang her, post banging might produce the dominance result you're praying for in the relationship

thirdly, you and that lady are incompatible because you also get angry easily, if not misunderstanding won't be leading to argument for u guys everytime. you need a very gentle lady that will be saying yes sir for you when you talk, kneel down for you when you want to eat and greet you

you're the real MVP tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by femi4: 5:15am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

you guys are bleeping incompatible. For a relationship to work, a partner must be bleeping hot while the other must be bleeping cold.

Don't allow emotion to cloud your bleeping judgment. Loose her....and let her bleeping go!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by kristop4all(m): 5:15am On Mar 08, 2019
I was on the same boat as the OP, I had to take it the hard way, just break up and you will feel the burden that just left u. U will always find someone 2 complement u...
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by femi4: 5:19am On Mar 08, 2019
SifonAbasi:
This platform saved my marriage.
yea i remembered your case....ex wanting sex for help
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by ACE1010: 5:19am On Mar 08, 2019
Wetin?? Na by force?? Dump the shit hole and move to the next level angry angry
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:23am On Mar 08, 2019
My son,she's not a good wife material. It's even.good she's showing the kind o person.she is before u enter "till death do you part". Be patient,a better one will come.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by skukimania(f): 5:25am On Mar 08, 2019
Butoneday2:
How old are you?

I was going to ask the same question. So much use of the word 'bleeping".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues / I Just Saved A Union And I Am So Proud Of Myself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.