Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? (56088 Views)

Man Uses Best Friend To Test His Girlfriends And They Failed / Stop Inviting Hookup Babes Or Girlfriends To Your House, Here's Why / Woman Happy To Share Her Husband With His Girlfriends, One Gets Pregnant For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Halo22: 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
From what you just commented, the guy in question must be a flirt if not so, I wonder how he would be bringing different guys into ur house. For me the best you should do is to make urself more religious than u used to be if you are a Christian, always pray aloud and try preaching to him sometimes even when he comes with those ladies, am sure with that he will become uncomfortable with you.
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by londonbillz: 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
just call him to order and Free your mind bro no go kill yourself cos of this guy issues of bringing different galz and messing up the whole house the bros no mature at all wish kind habit bi that...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Jaqenhghar: 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
dierich:
Please ignore my grammatical errors.

I've a friend and he's very close to me. we know each other more than 10years and he has been the only friend close to me right now. I was living alone in a 3 bedroom flat and he always come to sleep at my place. I'm happy coz I won't be the only one sleeping in the house.

it started when he bring 1 of his girlfriends to my house, he uses on of the rooms and I didn't complain, but the issue is he kept bringing them in and I'm tired of it. the most annoying part is the way he's using the bed. stains or shit. it came to a time I've to wash the bed coz I'm tired of seeing stains on my bed, though I'm not really using the bed but it's still my property. I've been ill since December last year, I told him what I'm facing, and even lie to him to show how critical my illness is, but that doesn't stop him from bringing them in.

please can someone advise me on how to stop him totally. he found my place d best for him since he's still living with his parent.

I don't want to offend someone that's why I want the best way to table it to him.

right now he's with his gf at my place. this particular girl use to stay overnight.. same thing last week Wednesday. and he won't even tell me someone is coming. we went to bed together Around 10pm, and by the time I woke around 1 to pee, I found out he's not by my side again, I check around and went to the other room to found him and the girl.

I'm sick of this. please how can I stop him without malice.
thanks
Thats not yo house no mo' thats a HOtel grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by tintingz(m): 10:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
frank317:

He needs to have a good explanation for the sake if tomorrow. That's his best friend we are talking about and I am sure there is a reason why the other guy feels comfortable bringing his chicks to the house.

This is a man's thing, he must act with his brain and not heart like most women do.

I remember years back when I was serving. This loving roommate of mine always brought his girl to the room (our beds are close). I liked my roommate but didn't like the fact he brought his girl in most night.

I reacted to this and this had an effect to our relationship. Looking back I wished I had just let things go because I really didn't have reason to be angry but for jealousy (which I even denied to myself)

The Op can't just say he does not like this guy bringing his girl for nothing. Perhaps he wish he was the one having the girls. Perhaps chicks do not fall for him (despite doing better than his friend) like his friend.

If it's washing stains, ask the guy to make effort to keep the bed neat. He is ur friend, don't let woman palavar spoil thinks.

And pls go out a little... U only live young once.
This is how people commit fallacies.

Didn't you read in his post his own girlfriend will be visiting?

If you're not comfortable about something whether jealousy or not, just tell him you're not comfortable. You dont have to regret anything.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
dierich:
he just left with the lady. check thru d picture and see how messed up it looks. I've to wash the bed sheets and bed cover and kept it after he messed up everything.
just check the picture I just took 10mins ago after he left now. this is my T-shirt I've left in that room 4 a while, & he use it to clean up d mess. did I tell him I'm not using d shirt anymore? I just don't want to av problem with anyone that's y I'm looking for a low-key way to tell him.
I've show it emotionally but he don't wanna listen. I've been ill over 3 months ago and he doesn't really care. he'll just tell me not to think of it that I'll be fine.. that's all he kept saying. I told him on Sunday that my girl want to visit me and I stopped her coz for now I'm not happy about my health and I wanna be alone and I wanna keep tins holy, and today after I slept around past 10, that's when he sneak d girl in.

Your friend knows you are soft and he's using you to his advantage.

Probably he even talks and laughs at you with his chicks.

Your friend sees you as a weak person. He has studied you very well for the past 10 years and knows your limit.

I understand this is your personality bro.

But the truth is in life, you have to offend some people. You see those people you don't want to offend, they will keep offending you.

Just gather courage and tell him.

If he doesn't stop, embarrass him in front of his chicks.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by godofuck231: 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
dierich:

I've a friend and he's very close to me. we know each other more than 10years and he has been the only friend close to me right now. I was living alone in a 3 bedroom flat and he always come to sleep at my place. I'm happy coz I won't be the only one sleeping in the house.

it started when he bring 1 of his girlfriends to my house, he uses on of the rooms and I didn't complain, but the issue is he kept bringing them in and I'm tired of it. the most annoying part is the way he's using the bed. stains or shit. it came to a time I've to wash the bed coz I'm tired of seeing stains on my bed, though I'm not really using the bed but it's still my property. I've been ill since December last year, I told him what I'm facing, and even lie to him to show how critical my illness is, but that doesn't stop him from bringing them in.

please can someone advise me on how to stop him totally. he found my place d best for him since he's still living with his parent.

I don't want to offend someone that's why I want the best way to table it to him.

right now he's with his gf at my place. this particular girl use to stay overnight.. same thing last week Wednesday. and he won't even tell me someone is coming. we went to bed together Around 10pm, and by the time I woke around 1 to pee, I found out he's not by my side again, I check around and went to the other room to found him and the girl.

thanks
it's time for you to get married, getawife she will make your house a home not a f#ckhouse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by bluefilm: 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
frank317:

He needs to have a good explanation for the sake if tomorrow. That's his best friend we are talking about and I am sure there is a reason why the other guy feels comfortable bringing his chicks to the house.

This is a man's thing, he must act with his brain and not heart like most women do.

I remember years back when I was serving. This loving roommate of mine always brought his girl to the room (our beds are close). I liked my roommate but didn't like the fact he brought his girl in most night.

I reacted to this and this had an effect to our relationship. Looking back I wished I had just let things go because I really didn't have reason to be angry but for jealousy (which I even denied to myself)

The Op can't just say he does not like this guy bringing his girl for nothing. Perhaps he wish he was the one having the girls. Perhaps chicks do not fall for him (despite doing better than his friend) like his friend.

If it's washing stains, ask the guy to make effort to keep the bed neat. He is ur friend, don't let woman palavar spoil thinks.

And pls go out a little... U only live young once.

Correct man.

Na only God go bless you.

Meanwhile...

Frank, I once came accross your novel Cyber Lover on okadabooks.

Such an interesting story.

But I lost my phone and I couldn't get to your book again.

Please can you give me the link to the book?

Thanks.
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by tintingz(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
frank317:

Yes, I definitely don't understand why u want him to stop.

But since u want him to stop so badly, then u can tell him straight up to stop.

However, the relationship will have comma, but u will definitely get ur wish.
Did you go through his post?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Bayoursphere: 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
dierich:

thanks

The kind of friend that cannot tell each other the bitter truth, is that one friendship? You don't want to risk losing him, right? That's why you find it difficult to snide him. He is abusing the freedom you gave him, and if you don't nip this in the bud, it will compound beyond your control. He will still turn your house to a brothel. You cannot wish a difficult situation away, it takes proactive steps to address it. Tell him the truth, if he cannot stomach it, let him do whatever he likes.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

And I thought girls were the sentimental ones. I've learnt early in life that you've got to define boundaries because most people are opportunists and selfish at it... they won't do right by you if you don't demand it.

I had a friend back then in school who'd come to my house to supposedly gist and she'd stay over... sometimes for days. She began to make a habit of expecting me to treat her like a guest all the time... cook what she wants, when she wants and all that. I had to sit her down and tell her without mincing words... "baby girl, I'm a student like you, too. You're no longer a guest in this house. When you come to the house, you eat whatever is available. Stop asking me to prepare this and that for you. You can't put me under pressure in my house."

She apologised...and tried to guilt-trip me by acting all formal with me whenever we met in class. Lol. But I refused to be guilt-tripped. I'd put my message across to her clearly. Some persons might be comfortable with behaviour like that... but not me, I couldn't suck it up.

Today, we're still very good friends... but she already knows the things I won't tolerate. That's how I live my life. If I'm not comfortable with a thing... I state it unapologetically!
spot on

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Kokaine(m): 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
dierich:

u may not understand why I'm seeking for advice. and besides, u don't need to say some people need psych evaluation. who knows maybe u need 1 too.
those that understand me will know y I'm looking for the best way to table it down without causing anything..
That's why you don't reply everyone. Not everyone is experienced in life. There are people you can easily tell to leave your house. There are those you have to balance many equations in order to step on their toes. Especially when you mentioned he's your closest and oldest friend.
Best method is pay a lady to act like she's your new madam. And tell him gradually she likes privacy. He will get the message.
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by AnthonyAk(m): 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
maybe OP should ask his girl to bring a friend? why do you guys even sleep together if there is another room?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by seborrhic: 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
bluefilm:

Don't mind that gay fellow.

Maybe he enjoys watching the niggaz body when the nigga is asleep.
Jokes aside.
How can any normal guy in today's world have 3 bedrooms but still prefers to sleep in the same bed with another guy that is not his relation,if not....
I feel the Op is just vexed that the friend's girls are taking away attention from him.
Disgusting!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by ajimuby: 11:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Seriously this shouldn’t be a problem
I can’t have problem with my friend bringing in girls it his life I will only have problem with the dirtiness and I will tell him straight to keep things clean I won’t help him wash
You have broken the bro code for posting this sef
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by ajimuby: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
seborrhic:

Jokes aside.
How can any normal guy in today's world have 3 bedrooms but still prefers to sleep in the same bed with another guy that is not his relation,if not....
I feel the Op is just vexed that the friend's girls are taking away attention from him.
Disgusting!
Y will he even be angry the guy is bringing in girls
Should he bring in guys
Op get personal problem
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by holydrunk: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Start walking around the house naked. Believe me he will stop.
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by tintingz(m): 11:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

And I thought girls were the sentimental ones. I've learnt early in life that you've got to define boundaries because most people are opportunists and selfish at it... they won't do right by you if you don't demand it.

I had a friend back then in school who'd come to my house to supposedly gist and she'd stay over... sometimes for days. She began to make a habit of expecting me to treat her like a guest all the time... cook what she wants, when she wants and all that. I had to sit her down and tell her without mincing words... "baby girl, I'm a student like you, too. You're no longer a guest in this house. When you come to the house, you eat whatever is available. Stop asking me to prepare this and that for you. You can't put me under pressure in my house."

She apologised...and tried to guilt-trip me by acting all formal with me whenever we met in class. Lol. But I refused to be guilt-tripped. I'd put my message across to her clearly. Some persons might be comfortable with behaviour like that... but not me, I couldn't suck it up.

Today, we're still very good friends... but she already knows the things I won't tolerate. That's how I live my life. If I'm not comfortable with a thing... I state it unapologetically!
Well said.

I used to be the type that keep something to myself when I'm not comfortable with something but I realized people will take advantage of you and at the end you might get nothing.

If you don't speak up they won't know your principles.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
If them come, no excuse them. Stay in ur room , pick ur phone and start pressing it messly, increas the phone brightness so that the mobile screen light go dey reflect on ur face, dont smile....
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by bluefilm: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
seborrhic:

Jokes aside.
Disgusting!

I dey tell you.

I understand it is actually not a gay thing.

I believe it's more of an attention and brotherhood thing.

It has happened to me so I can relate.

Sometimes when girls come in, they come in to divide.

Before you know it, the tight brotherhood or brotherliness existing between you and your niggaz is gone... just because of one girl like that.

This is one reason why I may never marry.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by stanliwise(m): 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
dierich:

thanks
oga what are you saying, so you mean you can't stand a quarrel?. Even with your friend?
I wish not to have a friend like you because if I am doing something wrong you won't tell me because you dont want to quarrel.
If a friend is too harsh for you to voice an opinion to den he was never your friend anyway.
As much as you don't complain too much and you don't nag, tell people what is important not what is good to hear, people will later respect you for that even your friends.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by tintingz(m): 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
seborrhic:

Jokes aside.
Disgusting!
Lol, if you have 3 rooms will you leave the other 2 rooms dirty?

Read the op post again.
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by papyskinsy: 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
the funniest thing is that dis guy my be on dis trend reading yur reaction... its gonna be embarrassing
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by quincyshakur(m): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
C question oooh! D ansa simple jus collabo with d girl an dat ur friend no go eva carry him woman near ur side grin grin
Thank me leta wot are we nigerians for cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by ayorchukwu(m): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
Drop his whatsapp number here, let Nairalanders assist you to send the link of this post to him if you can't do that yourself...
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by AskProf: 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
AnthonyAk:
maybe OP should ask his girl to bring a friend? why do you guys even sleep together if there is another room?

Very important question.
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Core9ja(m): 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
You claim he's your and you have a three bedroom flat, what stops you from given him a room all to himself and you should be able to confront him with this issues.. That's whT a good friend will do rather than making it public abi you guys ain't friends anymore?
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by sacx: 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
LONEER:
believe me i perfectly understand how you feel, cause am in same situation, urs is even better, mine is just a selfcon. but dude will be bringing different girls everyday till it even affected my relationship. now have broke up with my girl cause she wasn't comfortable when she come visiting and we end up being four people in the room, some days i have to be sleeping on the floor just to got a nigga back . funny part is that he even has his own rented apartment. this is not even all Am tired.

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by stanliwise(m): 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Halo22:
From what you just commented, the guy in question must be a flirt if not so, I wonder how he would be bringing different guys into ur house. For me the best you should do is to make urself more religious than u used to be if you are a Christian, always pray aloud and try preaching to him sometimes even when he comes with those ladies, am sure with that he will become uncomfortable with you.
The Op is just too girly for my liking, so he is afraid to tell his friend his opinion and put a stop to his actions all because he don't want to quarrel. People has forgotten that we need to scatter to regather. Those who gather after scattering(quarrelling) are true friends.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by godbroda(m): 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
Just invite your mother over.
Thank me later grin
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by Stillthebest: 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
I understand your tolerance. You need to understand one fact. In life whoever that will not be useful will never be. There are things you don't accept from people. People love freebies and they tend to play on your intelligence once they know u lack principles. Bro you must stand for something else u will fall for everything. Your case has happened to me before I gir married. U have to offend some people to bring the best out of their lives. So, just call him one day without a fight, tell him that you your woman(if you had let him see a woman with you tho) and brother are coming to stay with you and that u won't want him being insulted by them. Tell him to fund an apt and u will help him with a part of the money. I used a similar method to part way with my hanger-on. It worked like fire. And I helped him in his rent today he's a better person. This last christmas he brought a half bag of rice and groundnut oil as gifts to me. It all depends on your personality and how good you have been over time. If you are a good person people will respect your principles.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by dammyd46(m): 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
I feel there is something more to this.... what about your own GF or babe... if you don't have then you just have to get one and fight thay jealousy in you, maybe you like him some way..�
Re: How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? by jaxxy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
dierich:

I'm not married so that's y I'm living alone, also I accommodate him so I won't be alone throughout d nite.
I'm just angry with myself now for allowing him from d start.

As long as he’s still coming to ur house he will always bring gals. He has seen unrestricted access to do what he like and has long his sense of decency. The only way to stop it is to u don’t want gals in ur house and if he wants to do anything he shud take them elsewhere or stop coming to ur place. He doesn’t exactly care much about u so I’m wondering the benefit of his frndship to u beside being a complete nuisance. I have no time for unproductive people so personally I wud cut him off for awhile till he gets back to his senses.

Smtmes u need to quarrel Peacefully to get the message across. No gals or he’s shud stop coming to ur place period. Ur house isn’t a motel. U can also say u want to start sm fasting and don’t want gals arrnd for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I'm 16+, Can I Have A Boyfriend Now? / Help!!! My Girlfriend Is A Lesbian. I Found Out Today / Tariq Nasheed Mocks Nigerian Man Murdered By American Girlfriend In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.