Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,520 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry (41050 Views)

My Mother Is Forcing Me Out Of The House / My Boyfriend Is Forcing Me To Invest / Who Is Forcing Them To Marry? – Reactions As Wedding Photos Of Couple Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Evercurious(f): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

It's better to get into difficulties while in marriage than to start with it. It's bad to intentionally get yourself into trouble. I know a guy who jumped into it, I warned him earlier but he disagreed . When it was time to pay bride prize he asked me for help I ignored him . He managed to do some n left others . The wife just put to birth through surgery . There was Mooney to pay, I had to cough out 40k to support. He borrowed the rest which of which i know he may not be able to pay off this year .. I won't advise any man to go into marriage unprepared .

Thank you my brother. All these people in support of this OPs marriage at this time in Nigeria DO NOT LOVE him.

Op you can as well get their contacts, proceed with the marriage plans and in times of need do not hesitate to get in touch with them for support

Good luck

5 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by trevorhorace(m): 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.
This shouldn't even be debatable. State clearly your decision and maintain your stance. Don't be weak. Set boundaries for them when it comes to your personal life and relationships. Tell them you'll stop visiting or picking their calls if they continue. Focus on what's important. Don't let anyone make you feel you're late. Enjoy your timeline and surround yourself with positive energy. Eventually when the dust settles, you'd have settled down. smiley

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by midnighter(f): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
I wonder how many pages this one will be
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
tosyne2much:
http://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/only-2-of-nigerians-own-n500-000-and-above-in-banks-ndic/

Very good, I am aware of that publication by NDIC in 2016, not CBN as you wrongly reported.

1. 90% of bank deposits are owned by 2% of Nigerians.

2. Only 2% of Nigerians own up to N500,000 in their bank accounts.

How does that translate to this?

tosyne2much:
What baffles me most is that according to CBN, 85% of Nigerians don't have up to 500k in their accounts yet people keep getting married

If you have to quote figures/references, pls get it right. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by olatuneji: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
Joromi12:
I have many married friends owing me lol. E no easy
E no jst easy.getting married these days no be beans,most esp. in this Buhari era,expect if one is well to do.I only pity those jumping into the marriage institution without a well clear plan.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
Evercurious:

Thank you my brother. All these people in support of this OPs marriage at this time in Nigeria DO NOT LOVE him.

Op you can as well get their contacts, proceed with the marriage plans and in times of need do make sure you get them to support you

Good luck

They 're probably secondary or uni students. By the time they stop receiving money frm their parents then their sense 'll reformat....200k that can't even help Op upgrade his home as someone that wants to marry

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
Like I always say....

U don't prepare "in marriage...

U prepare "for marriage"

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
If you're above 35, abeg find wife marry .

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by leathalbeast: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
WinningSun:

block his arsee with wine cork.
isnt that too cruel ?
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by TotoNaRubber: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
haha 4 diapers ONLY a day, my little nephews wear on average 7 diapers a day each since they were born, sometimes 9 diapers a day when they have running stomach.
Mutemenot:

Bro to buy mofix 4200 don tire me. My son Some times use like 4 diapers in a day grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Wetinz4: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
[
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

They 're probably secondary or uni students. By the time they stop receiving money frm their parents then their sense 'll reformat....200k that can't even help Op upgrade his home as someone that wants to marry

Stop discouraging the guy

He said he has 200k and a business going on for him ..
So I see nothing stopping him from getting married .

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by midnighter(f): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
atakamus:
If not for the wickedness of women, I for say make you go marry but use your head.

Lol, leave us alone. everything is not our fault smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
haha 4 diapers ONLY a day, my little nephews wear on average 7 diapers a day each since they were born, sometimes 9 diapers a day when they have running stomach.

You are right, I said 4 so It won't look like I'm over exaggerating.. n someone out there is telling Op to marry with 20k in his pocket. Pipu 're wicked

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by columbus007(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
DZTech:
ask all those married men who lost their jobs in 2016, 2017 recession.
shey dia marriage don end?
life hard, yes.
but life goes on.
"he who finds a wife finds a good thing", abi?
bro woman them be like weather bros, they can be a thorn easily when they are tired and want out.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
topic for discussion this night oo9.. I'll prepare my bed and settlw down to read comments.. but some people here just have girlfriends but there expenses on her is outrageous.. if ordinary gf can be like that. I think marriage isn't to be taken lightly.. the OP didn't table maybe he has people like friends, families, business partners that CN help... he doesn't have to spend big.. it's a two way thing... If the bride is understandable.. she also will bear with him.. last last... it's the bride price that is important.. other ones are ceremonial...

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mizwisdom(f): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
- He who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtained favor from the Lord

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Stop discouraging the guy

He said he has 200k and a business going on for him ..
So I see nothing stopping him from getting married .

Not discouraging but saying the fact . I don't know if you have ever hosted any party; be it child dedication, thanksgiving or birthday party recently.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Massy(m): 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
Find better 2 odds for betnaija. Play it. That gives you 400k. Then go and marry. Chikena!
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by player007(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.

Marry when you are ready. Don't succumb to pressure. And when you are, even if all you have is 100k pls do marry. Don't wait till you have 5m in your account.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by TotoNaRubber: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
haha. the op understands 200k is not money, will they live in his village? The problem will multiply if the op makes a mistake and marry a girl that only brings her pussy to the table. That is the problem with 95 percent of Nigerians, the man will keep working till he dies.

That is why i always tell my friends, Do Not Marry A Girl Due To How Sweet Her Pussy Tastes, If They Want To Taste The Sweetness of Pussy, I Hook Them Up With Girls Wey Get Tight Pussy grin

Mutemenot:

Not discouraging but saying the fact . I don't know if you have ever hosted any party; be it child dedication, thanksgiving or birthday party recently.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
leathalbeast:
isnt that too cruel ?
at least it will minimise cost
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by gbagyiza: 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

What an elder sees while sitting a child will not see even when he climbs an iroko tree. They may have a genuine reason. Until u furnished us with the real situation of things, before u can get reasonable advice. And there is one notion with young people now that I must get everything before I marry. U cant possess everything before u get married. Once u have an apartment, n something doing get married because age don't wait for someone. If you marry at old age, I tell u, you will not enjoy it n also u have to pay d price of such actions in d future.

6 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

The bolded can wait for a later date .

If the Op is above 35, then I will advice him to marry so that he doesn't start paying secondary school fees for his kids at 50.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by paulhunter: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
young man get ready before going into mariage

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by jaxxy(m): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

If u have a decent and hardworking gf start making plans, I’m not saying get married now bt start making plans towards sm stability and marriage. U don’t necessarily hv 2 wait till ur a multimillionaire bt if u don’t hv a decent and sensibile gf pls focus on that money.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by alizma: 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
it is not about how much you have in your, it is how prepared in mind to settle down are you. the day I announced the month I was going to tie the knot, I had less than 25% of what you have in your account.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

The bolded can wait for a later date .

If the Op is above 35, then I will advice him to marry so that he doesn't start paying secondary school fees for his kids at 50.

Those are minor occasions compared to trad or white wedding.. 200k can t host trad bro. It's even better to tell Op to get someone pregnant if he's getting off age .

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by ImaIma1(f): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

Yeah but nor for someone with 200k bro. Is marriage the only responsibility he's going to face?

Even if it is only marriage, the 200k won't even be enough.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Evercurious(f): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

. My elder brother,then a banker got married unprepared in 2006 to a lady that we knew wasn't doing anything tangible as at then. He left the banking sector for business after a year and business didn't work out as planned. His wife wasn't even ready to 'shake ' body

Hmmm all my monthly salaries and proceeds from deals as a banker as at then were all channeled to one issue and another. From C.S to hospital bills to diapers, baby food, clothing etc..Everyday day comes with different issues. My dear even as a female I 'weak' for myself. In fact that experience got me scared...I won't even tell my enemy to get into marriage unprepared. Or maybe OP, you know how to go begging, borrowing or 'faithing' it

If I must say, no man should go into marriage unprepared.. Not even in this BUHARI ERA.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
Then, marry a girl that has 200M in her account nah

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Skiilashi(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

Before I say anything. How old are you?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Survey Ranks Nigerian Women As Top Most Unfaithful Wives In The World / 12 Differences Between A Husband And A Boyfriend / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Big-Sized Nigerian Lady And Her Husband-To-Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.