Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry (41047 Views)

My Mother Is Forcing Me Out Of The House / My Boyfriend Is Forcing Me To Invest / Who Is Forcing Them To Marry? – Reactions As Wedding Photos Of Couple Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by OCHKESTINE(m): 10:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
If u're getting married to the right person, u won't be afraid but exercise faith. Having 200k is not the problem, u just haven't found that lady worth exercising faith for. No amount will be enough. U don't need to own the world before getting married; that's a lie. I know someone who spent 205m on his wedding because he hit 1.1b 4 years ago, today he's super broke

Before folks start to crucify me; hear me out.
I proposed with only 10k in my account because I knew it was time. I went to God in prayer decreeing help from Above. Long story short. After introduction all I had was nothing but I never lost faith.

In a nutshell, after praying one morning I was led by my spirit to sow 2k out of the 4k left in my wallet to my fiancee and kneel down for her to pray for me. She obliged. Before 10mins a friend called and was angry I didn't reply his messages on whatapp. When I went online he asked how he could assist with my wedding which was like months from then. He sent me 6digits.

One week after then, by Divine intervention I got $2,500. Another person paid for a wedding Versace shoe, another paid for a full cow and bags of rice, another paid for the suit, others paid for other stuffs. To the point one donates logs of wood for the cooking as her own contribution.

Let me quickly point out that I didn't ask or beg anyone. On their own they went all out.

My advice is simple: find the right woman. Ur parents won't need to pressure u. On ur own u'll release ur faith to provoke Divine intervention.
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
Evercurious:

. My elder brother,then a banker got married unprepared in 2006 to a lady that we knew wasn't doing anything tangible as at then. He left the banking sector for business after a year and business didn't work out as planned. His wife wasn't even ready to 'shake ' body

Hmmm all my monthly salaries and proceeds from deals as a banker as at then were all channeled to one issue and another. From C.S to hospital bills to diapers, baby food, clothing etc..Everyday day comes with different issues. My dear even as a female I 'weak' for myself. In fact that experience got me scared...I won't even tell my enemy to get into marriage unprepared. Or maybe OP, you know how to go begging, borrowing or 'faithing' it

If I must say, no man should go into marriage unprepared.. Not even in this BUHARI ERA.

grin those supporting Op to marry 're indeed his enemies. They want him dead soon..

6 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Lexusgs430: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.

You can get married with under 100K............ Simply conduct family traditional rites + registry only.....

Invite under 10 people......... Your wife must be on board.......

But remember that after this ceremony, kids would soon pop out...... Kids are very expensive business........

8 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by izombie(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
x
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by xcolanto(m): 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
OCHKESTINE:
If u're getting married to the right person, u won't be afraid but exercise faith. Having 200k is not the problem, u just haven't found that lady worth exercising faith for. No amount will be enough. U don't need to own the world before getting married; that's a lie. I know someone who spent 205m on his wedding because he hit 1.1b 4 years ago, today he's super broke

I proposed with only 10k in my account because I knew it was time. I went to God in prayer decreeing help from Above. Long story short. After introduction all I had was nothing but I never lost faith.

In a nutshell, after praying one morning I was led by my spirit to sow 2k out of the 4k left in my wallet to my fiancee and kneel down for her to pray for me. She obliged. Before 10mins a friend called and was angry I didn't reply his messages on whatapp. When I went online he asked how he could assist with my wedding which was like months from then. He sent me 6digits.

One week after then, by Divine intervention I got $2,500. Another person paid for a wedding Versace shoe, another paid for a full cow and bags of rice, another paid for the suit, others paid for other stuffs. To the point one donates logs of wood for the cooking as her own contribution.

Let me quickly point out that I didn't ask or beg anyone. On their own they went all out.

My advice is simple: find the right woman. Ur parents won't need to pressure u. On ur own u'll release ur faith to provoke Divine intervention.

Bro I tap into this your testimony!

Did you have your own place (house)? Before all these??

7 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by cnonyechi(f): 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

Bro to buy mofix 4200 don tire me. My son Some times use like 4 diapers in a day grin

Which kind molfix u dey buy 4200. Even d biggest size na 3k
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Ubdavis(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
Is marriage the only thing that brought u to this world

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Dinho20(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
ALL THESE PEOPLE DISCOURAGING THE OP FROM GETTING MARRIED, HMMM! I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU AT ALL. GET MARRIED WHEN YOU ARE STILL YOUNG, BY THE TIME YOU GET OLD NO ONE IS GONNA LOOK AT YOUR FACE ANY LONGER. OR YOU WANNA GET MARRIED WHEN YOU REACH MENOPAUSE? 200.000 NAIRA IS EVEN A HUGE AMOUNT TO GET MARRIED WHEN YOU PLAN WELL. IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW YOU STARTED, IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW YOU GONNA END. GET MARRIED AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. MARRIAGE IS BAE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by justuschi50: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
guy ignore them first, settle down don't make unprepared marriage be ur worse nightmare

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by justuschi50: 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
Satan66:
Marry the woman.
After marriage Impregnant her then sell the child for 200-500k.
Continue the process until you can marry more wife's so as to produce more children at a faster rate.
element of madness speaking

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Acidosis(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
Well it depends on your age. If 200k is all you've saved at 40, I would advise you go ahead and get laid married. Marriage doesn't mean retirement. It is not a place you go to spend your life savings. As a matter of fact, couples work more than single men and women, so I don't see how marriage interrupts hustle. Those who use hustle as an excuse to avoid marriage do not have any hustle to start with. Save all you want before marriage, it won't sustain you unless you get your ar.se off the bed to work daily.

Just have an apartment, a stable source or multiple streams of income and you're good to go. The amount you've saved or make monthly would only matter when we consider your lifestyle and that of your spouse. Like food and water, marriage is meant for the poor, the middle-class and the rich. Forget whatever you've been told.

9 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by grandstar(m): 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

Are you up to 60years? If not, there's nothing to worry about.

On a serious note, marrying when you're not ready (your business isn't yet solid) may not be wise.

Get your business on a strong footing before getting married. You'll need something to live on

Your parents are from another generation and may see things differently. Also you were silent about your age? We don't know if you're up to 60? grin

Also your parents may have a point. 2 can live cheaper than one is a famous American saying.

Anyway, think deeply about it. If you're not up to 32years, don't rush. If you 100% sure you can achieve your business goals before you get married,then it can wait

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Platony(m): 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

Pls dnt allow their pressure to push u into marriage.

Believe me, 200k is peanut in marriage, except na for introduction, another thing is her tribe, i dnt knw hw their bill is. But, if u feel u'll be able to build & manage well wit her then u can go ahead.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by osazsky(m): 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
Mutemenot:

Nappies in those modern days? We have washable pampers in the market but they aren't still good as diapers ...
what is wrong with nappies,was there anything like dippers when u were young,na we be the cause of our own problems, cuz a does it like this ,I must do it like this too

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Angel223: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
grin
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by litaninja(m): 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
This story is why a lot of Nigerian Marriages are in ruins. You knelt down, she prayed, blah blah blah, someone sent you 6 digits for absolutely no reason, by divine hogwash you got 2500USD, for doing nothing and just sitting down in your house. One paid for bags of rice and another paid for cows.....
Na mumu them you pack for NL dey follow talk abi?

Come see hundreds of text messages on my phone, "baba how far, abeg send something small, make i fit buy food for the family" "Please i need some money to sort things for madam, just any amount, I will pay back" etc etc

No be say I be dangote o......ut the situation is generally bad, that a lot of people are just looking for the next person that might be able to help out.

Mr OP. If you like yourself carry 200k and go marry you hear?
That amount will buy you provisions to last for exactly 2 months, then what next?

OCHKESTINE:

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by tosyne2much(m): 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
Neyoohpompy:
Had it been you invested it in bitcoin as at yesterday, you will be proud to be rich and beyond. Stop saving, start investing

I'm telling you. With the current rise, his 200k would have yielded up to N15,000 profit since yesterday

No one becomes rich investing money in savings account

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Rubbiish(m): 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2019
fatymore:

come and buy bed sheets and duvet too... I sell good ones...
Lols
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Drekaz(m): 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2019
What advice exactly?
Marriage with 200k...like two hundred thousand naira only??
Go marry na, make you see whether you no go commit suicide after 2 weeks.

Better carry 7k inside that money go buy Suya and Cranberry juice then move on with your life.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by xoxocandy(f): 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
DO NOT ruin your future or end your life because of somebody else. Even if it's your parents. ...
BECOME FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT.
Talk to your parents. Explain to them that you aren't willing to get married and give your reasons.
Educate yourself. ...
Earn. ...
Move out of your parent's house. ...
Finally, stay wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by xoxocandy(f): 11:50pm On Apr 02, 2019
There’s no point in giving them false hopes by saying “maybe next year..” etc. You can’t predict if you’ll get married next year and you’ll have to face the same pressures, same bullshit again. Each time it will come back and haunt you. So it’s best to just drop the bomb now, but instead of saying you don’t want to get married , you can tell them what’s really bothering you.

Tell them you don’t want them to pressure you to get married. You may or may not get married - it’s up to you. You can’t give them a time limit or predict when you will get married. Mr. or Mrs. Right may come along anytime in your life, you may fall in love, and may get married.
Or you may never find that person and never get married. And you’re ok with that.
Provide your reasons for why like the single life is better now, and how marriage isn’t the answer for everything in life. Marriage can actually lead to more problems and unhappiness, especially if you’re forced into a marriage. Tell them you choose to be happy living as-is, single.
Your parents may worry how you will support yourself, so if you don’t want to get married yet, please think about your future and how you will support yourself and your parents in their retirement. You may need to move out, live on your own, or live with parents and take care of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Olumyyde(m): 12:06am On Apr 03, 2019
I think the OP needs to clarify us on whether his fear is that he feels his 200k is not enough to get married, OR 200k is not enough to start a family. As long as there's a means of income, he's good to go. If 200k can't get u wedded where u're from, then chill a bit or betterstill if they can soft pedal on d list.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Olumyyde(m): 12:09am On Apr 03, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
haha 4 diapers ONLY a day, my little nephews wear on average 7 diapers a day each since they were born, sometimes 9 diapers a day when they have running stomach.
7 diapers each?, Haba, just apply wisdom to it, simple. Life shouldn't be dis hard naa, it's not rocket science. If u can afford it, cool, but if not, Omo cut it, how many of us use diapers? Let's not complicate things for ourselves jare.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Olumyyde(m): 12:10am On Apr 03, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Stop discouraging the guy
He said he has 200k and a business going on for him .. So I see nothing stopping him from getting married .
Simple.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Olumyyde(m): 12:12am On Apr 03, 2019
Mutemenot:

Not discouraging but saying the fact . I don't know if you have ever hosted any party; be it child dedication, thanksgiving or birthday party recently.
Simply host ur ceremonies as ur capacity affords. Life isn't dat hard.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Olumyyde(m): 12:16am On Apr 03, 2019
gbagyiza:

What an elder sees while sitting a child will not see even when he climbs an iroko tree. They may have a genuine reason. Until u furnished us with the real situation of things, before u can get reasonable advice. And there is one notion with young people now that I must get everything before I marry. U cant possess everything before u get married. Once u have an apartment, n something doing get married because age don't wait for someone. If you marry at old age, I tell u, you will not enjoy it n also u have to pay d price of such actions in d future.
Sensible talk. I got married when I was earning 85k monthly, I had no car. Now I'm married with a child, have a car now, planning to get a land for my house by GOD'S grace. I earn about 150 now. Wifey works too. I owe all gratitude to GOD of course. Get married, pray, keep working.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Tominiola: 12:55am On Apr 03, 2019
Joromi12:
does that make any sense Why are nigerians like this self. must we do big wedding. i made the fatal mistake of lending 2 married friends money last year. till date they refused to pay back. one had to do double evacuation after miscarriage and he just paid rent. Another just had a child doing a part time online job his wedding hall alone cost 700k.

Wow!
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 03, 2019
Is money the first thing? How about the lady? lol
Bros marry when you're ready. Plan properly, you'll be surprised how much you'll have to spend on your wedding when you put your mind to marry. I had less that 400k but spent more than 2m on the wedding. Money and gifts just came from everywhere.
To add to it I got a job immediately after the wedding with a foreign government's development agency. 2 months later, job offer from another international organization.
Morale of the story, marry for the right reasons. It has its blessing attached.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Daily1818: 1:05am On Apr 03, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by nedubest(m): 1:20am On Apr 03, 2019
bro, use am carry 5 odds
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by bluebay(m): 1:34am On Apr 03, 2019
Am not sure your parents are aware of your true financial status. Maybe you’ve placed yourself big before them and they see you as a son who gats all it takes to marry ASAP.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Survey Ranks Nigerian Women As Top Most Unfaithful Wives In The World / 12 Differences Between A Husband And A Boyfriend / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Big-Sized Nigerian Lady And Her Husband-To-Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.