Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry (41049 Views)

My Mother Is Forcing Me Out Of The House / My Boyfriend Is Forcing Me To Invest / Who Is Forcing Them To Marry? – Reactions As Wedding Photos Of Couple Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by OCHKESTINE(m): 8:55am On Apr 03, 2019
litaninja:
This story is why a lot of Nigerian Marriages are in ruins. You knelt down, she prayed, blah blah blah, someone sent you 6 digits for absolutely no reason, by divine hogwash you got 2500USD, for doing nothing and just sitting down in your house. One paid for bags of rice and another paid for cows.....
Na mumu them you pack for NL dey follow talk abi?

Come see hundreds of text messages on my phone, "baba how far, abeg send something small, make i fit buy food for the family" "Please i need some money to sort things for madam, just any amount, I will pay back" etc etc

No be say I be dangote o......ut the situation is generally bad, that a lot of people are just looking for the next person that might be able to help out.

Mr OP. If you like yourself carry 200k and go marry you hear?
That amount will buy you provisions to last for exactly 2 months, then what next?

I don't mean to brag but meeting me will change ur life. I work in a good organization where I'm paid well now. On the side I have a telecoms company that just received license from NCC. I have 5 patents to my name and just applied for 5 international ones. And I started BROKE!. I arrive work 1 hour before my colleagues and close 2 hours after them. When I get home, I work on my own plans and print letters that I get to submit in Places the next day for my own hustle.

I'm not there yet but bro, but I'm not ur regular Nigerian youth. I have my days numbered and know exactly what I will achieve before my last breath. I come from the most humble background u can imagine and I have vowed to create a new lineage of prosperity in my family.

Don't judge people sitting behind ur phone screen. Some of us wants to wrest the moon from the sky and we're nothing near lazy.

I'm a born again Christian. I work hard and pray hard.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by ChikezieU(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2019
Mutemenot:

And you believed 200k is enough to do trad n start a married life?? You pointed our facts which I actually liked but you ignored the financial aspect and the amount we are talking of here.
he isnt stagnant on 200k, is 200k what will carry him for life, is marriage rites done in a day. If he like he can stash 5M and see what happens in less than a month. Unless he doesn't have a job and still stays in his father's house then he should ask the right questions

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by hartson(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2019
Mizwisdom:
- He who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtained favor from the Lord
in the past when women are real not thesedays we have wolves in sheep clothing.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by OCHKESTINE(m): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2019
xcolanto:

Bro I tap into this your testimony!

Did you have your own place (house)? Before all these??

Thank you.

Yes, I had my own place, had a job and already registered a company. That period was just tight for me.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by jay7(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2019
ChikezieU:
is he stagnant on 200k, is 200k what will carry him for life, is marriage rites done in a day. If you like stash 5M and see what happens in less than a month. Unless he doesn't have a job and still stays in his father's house then he should ask the right questions

I like ur writeup and for Op, marriage is a thing of the mind, you are to decide yourself, know amount is enough for marriage and those using there friends or family as a case study should know that people are different, some people after marriage run from the job that has been feeding them just because they felt the job is dirty or not fit for a married man, forgetting that they can stick to the job and save up to start their own little business and again it is not everyone thay has investment ability, I may complain that 50,000 is too small to start a business and someone somewher just need half of that to start his/her own business, why am saying this is that life is in stages and faces one man's poisonous job is another man's glorious job, know one here on Nairaland truly knows your worth or stand, you said you are just building your business, is your business a fast moving one and is there room for expansion it depends on your type of business, hw much you make as profit daily, weekly or monthly, and again you didn't tell us if you are staying with your parent or you have your own rentend apartment. Wedding is not a day program it can be a month or 6 months from now. I will advice you use the money on you to expand your business or probably reinvest it into another profitable venture, then you can start preparing for marriage. Most people here shouting its a No No don't have upto 10,000 savings monthly so they based their judgement on that, follow your mind and I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by DissTroy(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2019
DZTech:
ask all those married men who lost their jobs in 2016, 2017 recession.
shey dia marriage don end?
life hard, yes.
but life goes on.
"he who finds a wife finds a good thing", abi?

No. "He who finds a woman he's compatible with and makes her his wife finds a good thing."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by aanuoluwami14(f): 9:38am On Apr 03, 2019
Emycord:
the way you guys talk like little children. did the guy tell you how old he is ? is he an only son ? given the above will you not mount pressure on your own son to marry? will the 200k marry the girl is it that he does not make another more money apart from the 200k. i spent over 1m on my marriage. but not in a single day. who told him he will finish all his marriage in one day? pls make una grow up

Who is this kid undecided undecided one million indeed grin grin, did I write that he will finish his wedding a day? Oyinbo repete please go and suck breast again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by xcolanto(m): 10:03am On Apr 03, 2019
OCHKESTINE:

Thank you.

Yes, I had my own place, had a job and already registered a company. That period was just tight for me.

Interesting, I would like to seek advice on certain things similar to your experience. Is there anyway i could contact you offline? Maybe via email?
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by litaninja(m): 10:08am On Apr 03, 2019
Sure. No doubt, there are amazing turn-arounds in life. Sure, they happen every day.
Its not a judgmental thing, its a statistical thing. As of today, there are more Nigerians living below abject poverty lines than ever before. The OP is being pushed to add extra responsibilities to an already tight situation. The reality of Nigeria now, is that even the 200k he mentioned, there are a number of people DEPENDING on him from that 200k.
It is just unwise, religious miracles or not to make that move at this point. Must he marry before the floodgates of miracles will open? Must he first stare at hunger and lack before things turn around?
How about he gets on the launchpad that will take him to the moon he wants to wrest from the sky first, see how the journey goes BEFORE he adds a wife and couple of kids to the mix!

OCHKESTINE:

I don't mean to brag but meeting me will change ur life. I work in a good organization where I'm paid well now. On the side I have a telecoms company that just received license from NCC. I have 5 patents to my name and just applied for 5 international ones. And I started BROKE!. I arrive work 1 hour before my colleagues and close 2 hours after them. When I get home, I work on my own plans and print letters that I get to submit in Places the next day for my own hustle.

I'm not there yet but bro, but I'm not ur regular Nigerian youth. I have my days numbered and know exactly what I will achieve before my last breath. I come from the most humble background u can imagine and I have vowed to create a new lineage of prosperity in my family.

Don't judge people sitting behind ur phone screen. Some of us wants to wrest the moon from the sky and we're nothing near lazy.

I'm a born again Christian. I work hard and pray hard.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Ayo199(m): 10:25am On Apr 03, 2019
Olumyyde:

Sensible talk. I got married when I was earning 85k monthly, I had no car. Now I'm married with a child, have a car now, planning to get a land for my house by GOD'S grace. I earn about 150 now. Wifey works too. I owe all gratitude to GOD of course. Get married, pray, keep working.
Morning sir!!
I'm a recent graduate seriously in need of a job..I'll appreciate any help/advice you can render..thanks
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by win3k: 10:26am On Apr 03, 2019
They want the next generation of people producing children they cannot feed - more poverty in Africa!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2019
Onyekachi419:
You don't need advice is about what do you want. Did you just say you hav 200k in you account, before were you planning to use the mony to marry trust me in igbo land that mony is for the boys. Take your time, plan your self, is your marriage not your parents.
Mark my words, with this your mentality you will find it very difficult to marry a responsible man. Today is 3rd of April.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by TotoNaRubber: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2019
i will contribute N2OOK towards ops wedding.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by hartson(m): 11:03am On Apr 03, 2019
Acidosis:

Well it depends on your age. If 200k is all you've saved at 40, I would advise you go ahead and get laid married. Marriage doesn't mean retirement. It is not a place you go to spend your life savings. As a matter of fact, couples work more than single men and women, so I don't see how marriage interrupts hustle. Those who use hustle as an excuse to avoid marriage do not have any hustle to start with. Save all you want before marriage, it won't sustain you unless you get your ar.se off the bed to work daily.

Just have an apartment, a stable source or multiple streams of income and you're good to go. The amount you've saved or make monthly would only matter when we consider your lifestyle and that of your spouse. Like food and water, marriage is meant for the poor, the middle-class and the rich. Forget whatever you've been told.
I have an apartment and reliable source of income.The big issue is to get a nice lady who is cool headed.Finding a wife is daunting task bro.If I see a nice,well behaved mature lady I won't hesitate to take her as a wife.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Kylce042(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.

Ignore them focus on your hustle
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by surequality: 11:51am On Apr 03, 2019
O'H Boy,
You are the one that will be responsible for feeding, House rent, School fees, clothing, health of your family! Let no man force you to marry when you are not ready. Be ready first bro! I AM MARRIED FOR TEN YEARS, I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING!
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by gforce5: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
OP don't listen to any of these people telling you to get married. The phrase "go and get married" has led to a lot of broken homes in this country. Many people who don't understand each other get married due to unnecessary pressure from society. You have to bear in mind that these people will not be there when you are facing marital difficulties. They won't be there when you are cash-strapped and need to pay the rent. They won't be there when you have to pay school fees, clothing and food for the kids. Don't do you cannot handle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Countersam(m): 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.

Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

The decision solely depends on you, and please all you critics should suppress your sarcasm. Everyone has their unique situations and require best options considering everything involved. If you have only 200k now doesnt mean you will remain like that or cant have millions tomorrow,even if you go ahead and marry. Ask how? Unique individual-unique situation.

Am talking because I don't have even up to half of that amount in my account but i am getting married in less than 2months from now...

grin grin ;DCome to my wedding and yab me or dare to stop it.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Onyekachi419(f): 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
vingeophysicist:

Mark my words, with this your mentality you will find it very difficult to marry a responsible man. Today is 3rd of April.
lol he is responsible you can share your thoughts

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
Onyekachi419:
lol he is responsible you can share your thoughts
That is if you even see who is willing to settle than with you .lol
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Onyekachi419(f): 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
vingeophysicist:

That is if you even see who is willing to settle than with you .lol
Heya pained soul
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Clazzone(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
DZTech:
invest in a small washing machine.
dettol, bleach and nappies will save u money in 1 year.

Using nappies is most suitable for indoors, one may not find it so convenient for outdoors.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by tosyne2much(m): 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2019
fatymore:

let me burst your bubbles,

50percent of them borrow, 30 percent are helped by families, the remaining percent do their wedding them selves.

I have someone who borrowed to rent a hall for wedding
Menhn that 200k get as e be sha... Even as a bachelor, 200k no be big money talk more of when you have a house a woman :
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by fatymore(f): 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
tosyne2much:
Menhn that 200k get as e be sha... Even as a bachelor, 200k no be big money talk more of when you have a house a woman :
it is well jawe. Na Nigeria Money wey no good.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Clazzone(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
Countersam:

The decision solely depends on you, and please all you critics should suppress your sarcasm. Everyone has their unique situations and require best options considering everything involved. If you have only 200k now doesnt mean you will remain like that or cant have millions tomorrow,even if you go ahead and marry. Ask how? Unique individual-unique situation.

Am talking because I don't have even up to half of that amount in my account but i am getting married in less than 2months from now...

grin grin ;DCome to my wedding and yab me or dare to stop it.
Sincerely, I got married with nothing, infact I was just a school teacher when I got married, I took a bold step though it wasn't easy but my wife's understanding is second to none, within 4 months of marriage, I got a very nice job and less than 2 years I have acquired so many things I never thought. Some times marriages come with blessing. It all depends on how lucky you are.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Emycord: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

Who is this kid undecided undecided one million indeed grin grin, did I write that he will finish his wedding a day? Oyinbo repete please go and suck breast again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
useless talk a 40+ man tells you he has 200k and is on pressure to get married and all you could tell him is not to allow his parents pressure him into marriage? cos he only has 200k ? and yet same man has 3-5 girlfriends that he maintains ? with the same 200k ? but can't keep one wife at home ? is that not gross irresponsibility ?. next time ask him how much he wants to have before he marries 200m ? pls if na your pikin you go don over pressure am since. advise him to go and face marriage and stop running around
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Heya pained soul
My dear you better change or else you end up single all through your life .Your moniker says it all.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Onyekachi419(f): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
vingeophysicist:

My dear you better change or else you end up single all through your life .Your moniker says it all.
u need help serious one
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
Onyekachi419:
u need help serious one
I don't blame you money monger .promiscuity is a normal thing for Igbo ladies.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Onyekachi419(f): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
vingeophysicist:

I don't blame you money monger .promiscuity is a normal thing for Igbo ladies.
Heya now I know were you problem is coming from.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Catchfirez: 12:17am On Apr 04, 2019
Barthley:
Just go to any betting shop.. 10odds go do am bro.

You still need the mifi?? I have one forsale.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Acidosis(m): 7:20am On Apr 04, 2019
hartson:
I have an apartment and reliable source of income.The big issue is to get a nice lady who is cool headed.Finding a wife is daunting task bro.If I see a nice,well behaved mature lady I won't hesitate to take her as a wife.

You have a point sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Survey Ranks Nigerian Women As Top Most Unfaithful Wives In The World / 12 Differences Between A Husband And A Boyfriend / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Big-Sized Nigerian Lady And Her Husband-To-Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.