Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry (41053 Views)

My Mother Is Forcing Me Out Of The House / My Boyfriend Is Forcing Me To Invest / Who Is Forcing Them To Marry? – Reactions As Wedding Photos Of Couple Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 03, 2019
Funny comments. Too many comedians on Nairaland. I don laugh tire.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 03, 2019
Go ahead, as for me, Marriage is a NO NO....
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by David160(m): 3:27am On Apr 03, 2019
Run away bro
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:40am On Apr 03, 2019
my brother it depends on the girl and the family you are marrying from. when I did my marriage last year I had only #250k. we did a low key Traditional wedding and church wedding of about 100 and 300 guests respectively. we used the church premises as reception venue. my wife's family was supportive including my family too.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by sapeleboi(m): 4:59am On Apr 03, 2019
marriage are not for kids or are you adult ?

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by henrygale(m): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.
Which advise again, just run for your dear life except your are marrying dangote's daughter who's link can help turn your 200k to 2billion through your business skills overnight. Else na the wedding go chop the 200k plus gbese wey go follow! Lol
Better concentrate on being a lil more financially stable, and theres really no time that's too late for what you are ready for.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 5:16am On Apr 03, 2019
cnonyechi:

Which kind molfix u dey buy 4200. Even d biggest size na 3k

Thanks bro ..corrected ... We buy 3200k here... I guess u r in Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by waliyulah25(m): 5:46am On Apr 03, 2019
DZTech:
money is d mirage u people keep facing.
it depends on him and her.
a down to earth girl will ignore 'notice me' wastage.
a one day affair will pass.
if they live on his earnings and save hers for future investments, they'll do well.
d only qtn is if he can find an understanding lady.
thats the fact

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Futureyahooboi(m): 5:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Is not a bad ideal but my guy marriage no be child's play... well have happened to mc alot of weddings and when i ask the couple how much they had before planning their wedding most of them dont have up to 50k, so my brother it doesnt matter but make sure you marry a woman that have something to offer.... abeg make i go select beans

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by tightpussy156: 6:00am On Apr 03, 2019
no try am.except u one dig ur grave.that money no even reach u buy pampers.some babies use up to 6 pampers everyday multiply by 365 days an the years keep counting for like 3yrs before pampers go stop.I use pampers as an example for u to widen up.
secondly, u go feed ur wife.remember even if ur wife get work she go still need an collect money from you as the head of the family to run the house that is women for you.am not surprise. so he who have ears make him hear. except u one live from hand to mouth say na marriage you they or abject poverty.That is the real truth @ op those that will quote me wrong should take back door.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by kyella(f): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2019
tell dem ur present worth oo. .maybe dey want to help you marry and care for d woman ...if not run for ur life. ..u no even need to get friends now talk less of girlfriend
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by wonder233: 7:01am On Apr 03, 2019
You people are the problems we have in this country, so, if he is of a "certain age", automatically, it wouldn't matter whether he has the financial wherewithal to take care of a family? This is how we arrived at this problem of street kids that grow up to swell the crime rate in the already unsafe society we live in.
Biggty:
How old are you op? Your parents may have genuine reason in wanting to force you to marry right now

1 Like

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by PrettyEneawan(f): 7:03am On Apr 03, 2019
Please Have You Told Them How Much Infant Formula Is, Diaper Nko? They Won't Be There When The Calculations Start.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by wonder233: 7:09am On Apr 03, 2019
The obsession with marriage in this country is sickening. If his parents channel that same urgency, zeal and concern they are using to force him to getting married into rallying round to get him more capital for his business or lobbying for a better job for him., the guy will on his own gladly get married without needing anyone to push him.
Cos from the headlines, he's obviously trying to sort out his finances before getting married. Which is the logical thing to do.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Emycord: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

Don't allow pressure from your parents to lead you to your early grave. Let them know that marriage is not a day wedding nor a year programme. Follow your plans. Best of luck
the way you guys talk like little children. did the guy tell you how old he is ? is he an only son ? given the above will you not mount pressure on your own son to marry? will the 200k marry the girl is it that he does not make another more money apart from the 200k. i spent over 1m on my marriage. but not in a single day. who told him he will finish all his marriage in one day? pls make una grow up

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Ohraybs(m): 7:23am On Apr 03, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,
I have just 200k in my account and my parents are already forcing me to get married. I told them to let me concentrate on my business first , they refused and saying No time. Please I need your advice on this matter.

Believe me when I say no one saves money for marriage, but you can actually get married with little you have and plan your life perfectly after marriage, you and your wife can decide to have kids after 2years of marriage or better still try manage whatever job kr business you have.
Waiting for big money in account before getting married can make you marry late and make you start family at early stage. People wey no get that kind of money for account sef don marry and get 3pikins wey dey go school sef.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2019
Biggty:
How old are you op? Your parents may have genuine reason in wanting to force you to marry right now
You want him to become a debtor like those who were forced to marry because of age.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by jellington: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2019
The information about your family is scanty to give you a reasonable advice. But remember a wrong marriage is worst than life imprisionment.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:45am On Apr 03, 2019
DZTech:
ask all those married men who lost their jobs in 2016, 2017 recession.
shey dia marriage don end?
life hard, yes.
but life goes on.
"he who finds a wife finds a good thing", abi?
He should face the risk if becoming a debtor
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:51am On Apr 03, 2019
If you want to marry, find a way if getting out of this country. Don't try and settle down here
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2019
DZTech:
ask all those married men who lost their jobs in 2016, 2017 recession.
shey dia marriage don end?
life hard, yes.
but life goes on.
"he who finds a wife finds a good thing", abi?
Is it a good thing to marry unprepared and begin borrow money up-and-down.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by ChikezieU(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2019
Mutemenot:

Bro to buy mofix 3200 don tire me. My son Some times use like 4 diapers in a day grin
. To be ready for marriage is not having enough money, it's mentally ready plus finding ur one true love. Other stuff like money will surely grow out of it(slowly that you won't even notice). Financial stability is different strory, the rich also borrow (just not from you). I don't think there's a formula to successful marriage when it comes to money, I have seen people who were rich but gradually became poor after marriage, I have also had and saw little (due to my age) those who doesn't have a dime become much more wealthy afterwards. Let me also say that successful marriage is not always having money or no money, Family can be sustained (though difficult without the right mind) with both little or much money and can as well be mismanaged.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Psoul(m): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

So, how much do u want to have before getting married?

Bros, if u knw what good ur parents are doing for u now, u will embrace their advice.
All u need do is to look out for a good and cool headed girl to marry. If u succeed in this, whaoo, u will see ur live get more organized and u will become more responsible.

Marry early, have kids early, train them when u are still strong, retire early, enjoy life, live longer and stress free old age.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 8:25am On Apr 03, 2019
ChikezieU:
. To be ready for marriage is not having enough money, it's mentally ready plus finding ur one true love. Other stuff like money will surely grow out of it(slowly that you won't even notice). Financial stability is different strory, the rich also borrow (just not from you). I don't think there's a formula to successful marriage when it comes to money, I have seen people who were rich but gradually became poor after marriage, I have also had and saw little (due to my age) those who doesn't have a dime become much more wealthy afterwards. Let me also say that successful marriage is not always having money or no money, Family can be sustained (though difficult without the right mind) with both little or much money and can as well be mismanaged.

Are you married?
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by ChikezieU(m): 8:37am On Apr 03, 2019
Mutemenot:

Are you married?
yes and I have a daughter also
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Ugosample(m): 8:39am On Apr 03, 2019
Cocoyamdcomedia:
Dear nairalanders,

You better be a man and stand your ground

Because if you are pushed into a life altering decision like marriage when you are not prepared for it, You will so regret it.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Mutemenot(m): 8:46am On Apr 03, 2019
ChikezieU:
yes

And you believed 200k is enough to do trad n start a married life?? You pointed our facts which I actually liked but you ignored the financial aspect and the amount we are talking of here.
Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by 1miccza: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2019
DZTech:
leave story.
if ur both working its possible.
ignore naysayers.
na oversabi b our problem for 9ja.
poor peeps dey mari evriday.

plan wit her to save every kobo.
send announcement to ur peeps. request "home warming" gifts.
trado and church on same WEEK day.
buy trado tins, keep d inlaws dia, use d tins for church reception.
church wedding- parents, best friends only.
una wear cloth wey una get.

both sides contribute food.
una do reception for church compound.
once una chop finish-
evri1, return to work.
simple.
cool

Na this kain advice my brother follow wey e take turn gbewu dani for in wife and their family till dem break up

6 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Ugosample(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2019
wonder233:
The obsession with marriage in this country is sickening. If his parents channel that same urgency, zeal and concern they are using to force him to getting married into rallying round to get him more capital for his business or lobbying for a better job for him., the guy will on his own gladly get married without needing anyone to push him.
Cos from the headlines, he's obviously trying to sort out his finances before getting married. Which is the logical thing to do.

It's really sickening

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry by Godrocks: 8:51am On Apr 03, 2019
Neyoohpompy:
Had it been you invested it in bitcoin as at yesterday, you will be proud to be rich and beyond. Stop saving, start investing

bitcoin still d pay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Differences Between A Husband And A Boyfriend / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Big-Sized Nigerian Lady And Her Husband-To-Be / Woman Breaks Up With Her Boyfriend Because He Cooks Better Than Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.