Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,555 members, 7,955,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:44 PM

How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen (32622 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses To Face Trial For Discrimination And Incitement To Hate / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Are you saying that it is an assumption that they were appointed in 1919?
NOT precisely because they couldn't have gotten that perfectly, since the one choosing them is an UNSEEN spirit being!
Jesus' promise will surely be fulfilled, these group could have ASSUMED that they were appointed to serve in that office WHEN THEY UNANIMOUSLY DECIDED, but it is exactly when the one choosing them pour that spirit on them that they must have been chosen! How can anyone living today discern that,if you're not present to notice what they actually did back then?
So it is reasonable to conclude that they were truly chosen to serve in that capacity due to their awesome performance and achievements thereafter but as per WHEN Jesus bestow that spirit on them, NO MAN can ascertain that not in this dispensation! undecided
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
NOT precisely because they couldn't have gotten that perfectly, since the one choosing them is an UNSEEN spirit being!
Jesus' promise will surely be fulfilled, these group could have ASSUMED that they were appointed to serve in that office WHEN THEY UNANIMOUSLY DECIDED, but it is exactly when the one choosing them pour that spirit on them that they must have been chosen! How can anyone living today discern that,if you're not present to notice what they actually did back then?
So it is reasonable to conclude that they were truly chosen to serve in that capacity due to their awesome performance and achievements thereafter but as per WHEN Jesus bestow that spirit on them, NO MAN can ascertain that not in this dispensation! undecided
I think you are trying to shift post. Choosing and giving them his spirit are not what I was asking you. You religion says they were chosen in 1919. You claim assumptions, I am asking you... Was it an assumption that they were chosen in 1919 or a reality that they were chosen?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

You now decide and give me what to think, how to think and probably, what questions to ask and what not to ask... Let me ask you, isn't that thought and mind control?
NOBODY decides for a true believer! We only reason together.
If you feel that they don't worth their claim fine! Then you can either discard the idea of a God or search for those serving in that capacity.
God will not come down to deal personally with each and every human for now. He will only notice certain discreet ones in our midst and send them messages to deliver to others.
So concentrating on the mistakes of his chosen ones will only mean condemnation because you can't decide for him who to or not to send, neither can you set standards for him!
According to his word [Bible] there has NEVER been a time when the one and only true God made use of any human that proves to be PERFECT! Therefore you either become an atheist or search for those of your own contemporaries serving in that capacity!
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
NOBODY decides for a true believer! We only reason together.
If you feel that they don't worth their claim fine! Then you can either discard the idea of a God or search for those serving in that capacity.
God will not come down to deal personally with each and every human for now. He will only notice certain discreet ones in our midst and send them messages to deliver to others.
So concentrating on the mistakes of his chosen ones will only mean condemnation because you can't decide for him who to or not to send, neither can you set standards for him!
According to his word [Bible] there has NEVER been a time when the one and only true God made use of any human that proves to be PERFECT! Therefore you either become an atheist or search for those of your own contemporaries serving in that capacity!

Your question is there for you to answer. The question on mind control and thought control was for another person. I prefer to address your won questions
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Your question is there for you to answer. The question on mind control and thought control was for another person. I prefer to address your won questions
You're free to decided what you will do Sir!
Jesus have chosen the faithful and discreet slave, they have performed so good, millions across the globe are WITNESSES to this fact, many have joined to help themselves become spiritually clean by doing all that the spirit requires, a blissful global family is growing speedily and there are critics all over castigating these performing group.
So you can continue asking your questions,but be assured that the true God is one and so his people are one NOT two! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:

Jesus have chosen the faithful and discreet slave, they have performed so good, millions across the globe are WITNESSES to this fact, many have joined to help themselves become spiritually clean by doing all that the spirit requires, a blissful global family is growing speedily and there are critics all over castigating these performing group.
So you can continue asking your questions,but be assured that the true God is one and so his people are one NOT two! wink

Did Jesus chose the leadership of Jws in 1919 to be the faithful and discreet slave or is it an assumption?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!
Excellent one you've gotten there Maximus! smiley smiley smiley
Leave him to continue asking useless questions, while millions of his contemporaries are busy working out their salvation as they're zealously supporting the Kingdom arrangement! Philippians 2:12-15 wink wink wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Did Jesus chose the leadership of Jws in 1919 to be the faithful and discreet slave or is it an assumption?
GOOD and PROFITABLE QUESTION! grin
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
GOOD and PROFITABLE QUESTION! grin

What is the problem? You cannot defend your truth or assumptions? Did Jesus chose the leadership of Jws in 1919 to be the faithful and discreet slave or is it an assumption?

I want to hear your response because I have a lot of questions for you
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

What is the problem? You cannot defend your truth or assumptions? Did Jesus chose the leadership of Jws in 1919 to be the faithful and discreet slave or is it an assumption?

I want to hear your response because I have a lot of questions for you
I'm just a humble follower of the faithful and discreet slave who claims to be chosen by Jesus of Nazareth. I can't see Jesus neither hear a word from him,but i can SEE all the achievements of this so called faithful and discreet slave that everything is just as Jesus of Nazareth has describe in the Bible that it will be.
So if you're not ready to accept them as Jesus' brothers, you're free to go and worship with whoever you're pleased!
I have answered your question. Jesus' words were NEVER understood totally by his faithful followers yet he worked with them, they pestered him for the exact times of events but he kept telling them it is not for them, he chose the 12 Apostles out of his numerous disciples NOT DATED. So if the present day faithful and discreet slave says they were chosen at so and so times, an intelligent student could sum up that this is just based on their ASSUMPTION because the exact second, minute, hour, day, month or year that Jesus commissioned them for this assignment couldn't be ascertained since Jesus is now a spirit being! smiley
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
I'm just a humble follower of the faithful and discreet slave who claims to be chosen by Jesus of Nazareth. I can't see Jesus neither hear a word from him,but i can SEE all the achievements of this so called faithful and discreet slave that everything is just as Jesus of Nazareth has describe in the Bible that it will be.
So if you're not ready to accept them as Jesus' brothers, you're free to go and worship with whoever you're pleased!
I have answered your question. Jesus' words were NEVER understood totally by his faithful followers yet he worked with them, they pestered him for the exact times of events but he kept telling them it is not for them, he chose the 12 Apostles out of his numerous disciples NOT DATED. So if the present day faithful and discreet slave says they were chosen at so and so times, an intelligent student could sum up that this is just based on their ASSUMPTION because the exact second, minute, hour, day, month or year that Jesus commissioned them for this assignment couldn't be ascertained since Jesus is now a spirit being! smiley

The Bible reveals that it's only when the master Jesus returns that he says of the slave in my 25:23 "St. Matthew 25:23 ’Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.'

So based on this scriptures, when did Jesus return and make the pronouncements? (I hope you understand the problem the leadership of Jws are creating themselves. Because it is only when Jesus returns that anyone can be proclaimed to be faith and discreet or stupid slave)

When when did Jesus return?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

The Bible reveals that it's only when the master Jesus returns that he says of the slave in my 25:23 "St. Matthew 25:23 ’Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.'

So based on this scriptures, when did Jesus return and make the pronouncements? (I hope you understand the problem the leadership of Jws are creating themselves. Because it is only when Jesus returns that anyone can be proclaimed to be faith and discreet or stupid slave)

When when did Jesus return?
Let's see if they're truly creating a problem or a solution!
Note that before the coming of Jesus, most people [including his own disciples] had lots of misconceptions regarding what he is COMING to do! Act 1:6
So Jesus' coming meant many different things but we can analyse them now that part of his coming has been fulfilled.
Matthew 25:23 is an illustration following that of the pronouncement of a faithful and discreet slave.
Jesus said 'when he returns' which means he is about to reward them for the services RENDERED not just appointing them for the job that many wouldn't even notice they're doing something worthwhile.
The question 'who is the faithful and discreet slave?' is an indication that there will be confusion on earth as to the IDENTITY of this slave! Matthew 24:45 Today there are so many religious leaders worldwide claiming they're teaching people God's word [indirectly positioning themselves in the office of that slave] with nothing to write home about the activities of their followers on a large scale,unlike the JWs that everyone could notice so many virtuous deeds of the adherents globally!
So Jesus' coming in that essence refers to when God's kingdom will start ruling the earth and these faithful slave is given a bigger assignment to become part of those who will rule the whole earth with him in heaven!
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
Let's see if they're truly creating a problem or a solution!
Note that before the coming of Jesus, most people [including his own disciples] had lots of misconceptions regarding what he is COMING to do! Act 1:6
So Jesus' coming meant many different things but we can analyse them now that part of his coming has been fulfilled.
Matthew 25:23 is an illustration following that of the pronouncement of a faithful and discreet slave.
Jesus said 'when he returns' which means he is about to reward them for the services RENDERED not just appointing them for the job that many wouldn't even notice they're doing something worthwhile.
The question 'who is the faithful and discreet slave?' is an indication that there will be confusion on earth as to the IDENTITY of this slave! Matthew 24:45 Today there are so many religious leaders worldwide claiming they're teaching people God's word [indirectly positioning themselves in the office of that slave] with nothing to write home about the activities of their followers on a large scale,unlike the JWs that everyone could notice so many virtuous deeds of the adherents globally!
So Jesus' coming in that essence refers to when God's kingdom will start ruling the earth and these faithful slave is given a bigger assignment to become part of those who will rule the whole earth with him in heaven!

Had the 'faithful and discreet slave' not said they were appointed over all of Jesus belongings in 1919 and maintained that teaching for more than 30 years?

Secondly, Jesus return yet? When? Who and who witness his return? Because a slave will only be proclaim faithful and discreet upon the return of the master.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Do you know what is creature worship? Worshipping the creature than the creator?

A SPECIAL POSSESSION song 25 as captured in the song book of JWS.......

God has a new creation,His spirit-anointed sons.He has bought them from mankind;His approval they’ve won.

(CHORUS)A special possession,They’re a people for your name.They love you. They praise you.As one they declare abroad your fame

They are a holy nation,Who handle the truth aright.God has called them from darknessTo his wonderful light.

(CHORUS)A special possession,They’re a people for your name.They love you. They praise you.As one they declare abroad your fame.

Faithful to their commission,They gather the other sheep.To the Lamb they are loyal.His commandments they keep.

(CHORUS)A special possession,They’re a people for your name.They love you. They praise you.As one they declare abroad your fame.

@rottennaija your comment cannot be far off from the lyrics of this song.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Are you saying that it is an assumption that they were appointed in 1919? Also, if they are prone to errors, why should I trust them IMPLICITLY, especially in making life or dead medical decisions as blood transfusion?

That ASSUMPTION part no be HERE at all. Hahahahaha. You can still give the individual a benefit of doubt perhaps he is still a LEARNER cannot grasp the IMPLICATIONS of what was typed. ASSUMPTION e get as e be. 1919 ASSUMPTION not even 1819, 1719, 2019 but 1919 as ASSUMPTION.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Had the 'faithful and discreet slave' not said they were appointed over all of Jesus belongings in 1919 and maintained that teaching for more than 30 years?

Secondly, Jesus return yet? When? Who and who witness his return? Because a slave will only be proclaim faithful and discreet upon the return of the master.
You're just been heady about the whole thing Sir! wink
I have told you that the first century Christians assumed so many things and so today true Christians are not far away from the same kind of ASSUMPTION! Therefore instead of concentrating on their assumptions regarding times and seasons [ Act 1:7] intelligent individuals focus on what the spirit is asking them to do! wink
Jesus' return means two things in this end time. Firstly is when Jesus came back [in spirit] to inspect the earth, he noticed all the religious groups on earth and what they're all working at, he chose one group and started purifying them until our own time! wink
All the religious groups claiming Christians today are indirectly telling you 'we're serving under a master'!
So it is when he comes to separate the sheep from the goats [destroy those not serving him] that he will reward those who are truthfully working for him! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm,
I wonder why most people don't think straight! undecided undecided undecided
Just imagine this one, all he's after is the mistakes of the so called faithful and discreet slave! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Instead of thinking about what could have helped them achieve so much within just a centuries when some other religious groups have been around for more than a millennium and others thousands of years without anything tangible to offer as Christ's followers or worshipers of the true God! smiley smiley smiley
Well thanks Maximus for showing him that he had no excuses for rejecting the FAITHFUL and DISCREET slave of the one and only true God!

all are just words that cannot be supported with fact and stats, RUBBISHING the achievement of others while RAISING that of his own to the HIGH heavens,

Your friends said the FAITHFUL and DISCREET Slave got ASSUMED APPOINTMENT. What is your response to that?

rottennaija has EVERY REASON to REJECT the FAITHFUL and DISCREET SLAVE from the position of your FRIEND that the FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE got ASSUMPTION APPOINTMENT and on the fact you are in AGREEMENT with your friend except you go CONTRARY.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9159726_img20190411072804_jpegbe8d595841387ec7b8dc502633b53836

Ok. They said they were appointed as faith and discreet slaves in 1919. Agreed?

Perhaps you could have asked, is it the GOVERNING BODY that appoint a new member of the GOVERNING BODY and as it were a new FAITHFUL and DISCREET SLAVE or na JESUS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
achorladey:

all are just words that cannot be supported with fact and stats, RUBBISHING the achievement of others while RAISING that of his own to the HIGH heavens,

Your friends said the FAITHFUL and DISCREET Slave got ASSUMED APPOINTMENT. What is your response to that?

rottennaija has EVERY REASON to REJECT the FAITHFUL and DISCREET SLAVE from the position of your FRIEND that the FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE got ASSUMPTION APPOINTMENT and on the fact you are in AGREEMENT with your friend except you go CONTRARY.
He is 100% correct because he backed his answer with scriptural references pointing to the first century Christians and their numerous ASSUMPTIONS, and telling us that Jesus never stopped working with them. grin grin grin
So if anyone is worried or disturbed today about the numerous ASSUMPTIONS of those claiming TRUE Christians,let him/her go back and erase the numerous ASSUMPTIONS of the first century Christians recorded in the Bible or forget about Christianity patapata! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
TATIME:
He is 100% correct because he backed his answer with scriptural references pointing to the first century Christians and their numerous ASSUMPTIONS, and telling us that Jesus never stopped working with them. grin grin grin
So if anyone is worried or disturbed today about the numerous ASSUMPTIONS of those claiming TRUE Christians,let him/her go back and erase the numerous ASSUMPTIONS of the first century Christians recorded in the Bible or forget about Christianity patapata! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bring back the ASSUMPTION of the APOSTLES as stated scripturally, I could recall he sighted ACTS 1:7

Here it is........
Acts 1: 6,7....... So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” 7 He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction

Is what was highlighted above an ASSUMPTION?

You can't even mention one of the scriptures to back it up.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
achorladey:

Perhaps you could have asked, is it the GOVERNING BODY that appoint a new member of the GOVERNING BODY and as it were a new FAITHFUL and DISCREET SLAVE or na JESUS?
YES! Jesus appointed twelve Apostles out of his numerous diciples nah and later Matthias was appointed NOT in the presence of Jesus! wink wink wink
So you should also ask those first century Christians if it is Jesus who appoint Matthias or the Apostles themselves? wink wink wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
achorladey:

Bring back the ASSUMPTION of the APOSTLES as stated scripturally, I could recall he sighted ACTS 1:7

Here it is........
Acts 1: 6,7....... So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” 7 He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction

Is what was highlighted above an ASSUMPTION?
NO Sir, but you can help us in guessing what these men will be spreading about to other disciples if Jesus did not tell them IT DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM! John 21:21-23 wink wink wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
TATIME:
YES! Jesus appointed twelve Apostles out of his numerous diciples nah and later Matthias was appointed NOT in the presence of Jesus! wink wink wink
So you should also ask those first century Christians if it is Jesus who appoint Matthias or the Apostles themselves? wink wink wink

E get as e be for you ooooo before Matthias was selected what was Peter statement BEFORE and AFTER, was it based on ASSUMPTIONS as in the inch of every letter in the word ASSUMPTIONS.

What is the TEACHING of the ORGANIZATION you are a member of concerning MATTHIAS APPOINTMENT. Is it based on ASSUMPTION?
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
TATIME:
NO Sir, but you can help us in guessing what these men will be spreading about to other disciples if Jesus did not tell them IT DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM! John 21:21-23 wink wink wink
Oh i can recollect this achorladey!
He is the same fugitive who has no other place of worship to go,yet he is always criticizing the group he worships with, instead of choosing or selecting the better group than the one he is presently!
This life is just full of miscreants.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
TATIME:

You only need to look back now on what you have typed previously and see the quagmire you are into.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please where is rottennaija? undecided
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by achorladey: 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
Oh i can recollect this achorladey!
He is the same fugitive who has no other place of worship to go,yet he is always criticizing the group he worships with, instead of choosing or selecting the better group than the one he is presently!
This life is just full of miscreants.

Adjectives no dey end for the mouth of JWS, FUGITIVE is not new it's a copied work from TATIME but MISCREANTS na one to be attached to (Maximus69, 2019).
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
You're just been heady about the whole thing Sir! wink
[b] I have told you that the first century Christians assumed so many things and so today true Christians are not far away from the same kind of ASSUMPTION! [/b]Therefore instead of concentrating on their assumptions regarding times and seasons [ Act 1:7] intelligent individuals focus on what the spirit is asking them to do! wink
Jesus' return means two things in this end time. Firstly is when Jesus came back [in spirit] to inspect the earth, he noticed all the religious groups on earth and what they're all working at, he chose one group and started purifying them until our own time! wink
All the religious groups claiming Christians today are indirectly telling you 'we're serving under a master'!
So it is when he comes to separate the sheep from the goats [destroy those not serving him] that he will reward those who are truthfully working for him! wink

The first century Christian assumed many things? That must be new light I guess. Anyway! Let's focus on more important issues.

Since true Christians today assume many things, then it follows that they cannot say what they teach is true and insist others follow too, can they?

Any, let's focus on more important issues.

From Watchtower history of assumptions, it seems certain that the description is who the faithful and discreet slave is depends on who is in control of the Watchtower.

Let's see some examples of it...

Between 1896 to 1917, C. T. RUSSELL was the faithful and discreet slave, even while he had died in 1916. The following watchtower quotations shows how the assumptions went...

"In our examination of this text we seem to have treated the term "that servant" as though the Spirit had erred in saying "that servant" when it meant servants (plural), and we applied it to all true servants of God. … The objection urged is that the Lord's words clearly mention and distinguish between his "household" (his faithful people in general), the "fellow-servants" (plural) , and "that servant" specially indicated as the Lord's agent in dispensing present truth as food to his "fellow-servants" and the "household." Zion's Watch Tower 1896 Mar 1 pp.47,48

"However much we might endeavor to apply this figure to the Lord's people collectively, the fact would still remain that the various items stated would not fit to a company of individuals. For instance, in the 42nd verse, in the common version it is rendered, that faithful steward; the revised version, the faithful steward; as though a particular one were meant and the term not used indefinitely for a number. Turning to the Greek text we find that the emphasis is there also and in double form--the faithful, the wise steward. ...at the time of the parable's fulfillment the Lord would appoint a servant in the household to bring these matters to the attention of all the servants, and that certain responsibilities would rest upon such a one respecting the dispatch of his duties… " Zion's Watch Tower 1904 Apr 15 p.125

"Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of "that faithful and wise servant," and that his great work was giving to the Household of Faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation." Watch Tower 1916 Dec 1 p.356

Russell continued to be considered the Faithful Slave after his death in 1916.

"THE WATCH TOWER unhesitatingly proclaims Brother Russell as "that faithful and wise servant." He delivered the message faithfully, finished his course and has now entered into his reward. Through him the Lord gave to the church the message that is so essential to each one who in this harvest time would win the glorious prize." Watch Tower 1917 Mar 1 p.67
"We believe that all who are now rejoicing in present truth will concede that Brother Russell faithfully filled the office of special servant of tile Lord; and that he was made ruler over all the Lord’s goods." Watch Tower 1923 Mar 1 p.68

With Russell's death, a new interpretation became necessary. In the 1917 leaflet The Parable of the Penny, Rutherford was described as the Steward, replacing Russell.

Saith unto His steward. — Brother J. F. Rutherford, President and Manager of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society after the Pastor’s death, and elected to that office in harmony with the Pastor’s will." p.2

In 1926, Rutherford reinterpreted the Faithful Slave from a single person to a group of people. Thus the interpretation had come full circle, but this time the servant included Jesus as well as the 144,000.

"Seeing then that The Servant of Jehovah is The Christ, and that The Christ is composed of Jesus and the faithful members of his body, we find it proper to apply the term "Servant" to Jesus Christ alone or to Jesus Christ and the members of his body collectively as one; and sometimes it is applied only to the members of the body of Christ yet on earth." Watchtower 1927 Feb 15 p.53

Over time, Jesus was removed from the role of faithful servant, so once more it was just the little flock. For many decades it was taught that the slave and the domestics were both the same group of people. The 144,000 anointed ones were the slave as a whole, yet individually the same 144,000 were the domestics that as a group they rule over. The faithful and discreet slave became the 144,000 collectively. The domestics became the 144,000 individually. The 144,000 fed the 144,000.

"If all the anointed as a group, no matter where on earth they live, are members of the slave class, who are the "domestics"? They are the same anointed ones but considered from a different viewpoint-as individuals. Yes, as individuals they would be of the "slave" or they would be "domestics," depending on whether they were dispensing spiritual food or partaking of it. To illustrate: As recorded at 2 Peter 3:15, 16, the apostle Peter makes reference to Paul's letters. When reading them, Peter would be as one of the domestics feeding on the spiritual food provided by Paul as a representative of the slave class." Watchtower 1995 May 15 p.16

Not only was this bizarre concept unnecessarily confusing, in reality the Watchtower organization does not operate this way. The majority of the 144,000 do not feed the sheep, they are not involved in establishing Watchtower doctrines, rules or procedures. The Governing Body alone has say in what is done and established.

Few of the witnesses that professes being Anointed have not written any Watchtower articles or developed any doctrine or procedure. In recent times, most articles are written by members of the Other Sheep and simply authorised by the Governing Body with little or not input from the so-called anointed.

Since its formation, the Governing Body has varied in size between seven and and eighteen anointed men. When the Watchtower says to follow the "faithful and discreet slave" the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses understood this to mean following the rules of the Governing Body, as only these members direct the Organization.

From around 2009, the Watchtower openly admitted the Governing Body leaders are the Slave, and began downplaying the importance of the rest of the Anointed. For instance, review the following quotes from the Watchtower 2009 June 15:

"However, Christians who have truly received this anointing do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the "great crowd" may have." p.23

"Today, the Governing Body represents the faithful and discreet slave class." Image p.23

"Are all these anointed ones throughout the earth part of a global network that is somehow involved in revealing new spiritual truths? No. Although as a composite body the slave class is responsible for feeding the spiritual household, not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments." p.24

"Similarly, today a limited number of anointed men have the responsibility of representing the slave class. They make up the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses." p.24

This same sentiment was expressed in 2010.

"Would all anointed Christians “shine”? In a sense, yes, for all Christians would participate in preaching, in disciple making, and in building one another up at meetings. Anointed ones would set the example. (Zech. 8:23) In addition to this, however, deep things were to be revealed during the time of the end. The very prophecy Daniel recorded was “sealed up” until that time. (Dan. 12:9) How and through whom would the spirit search into these deep things?

When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of “the faithful and discreet slave” at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations. (Acts 15:6) What they learn, they publish for the benefit of all." Watchtower 2010 Jul 15 pp.22,23

"The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ." Watchtower 2010 Sep 15 p.23

"He has provided direction for the anointed “domestics” and their “other sheep” companions by means of a Governing Body." Watchtower 2010 Sep 15 p.26

"As Head of the Christian congregation, Christ has used this “faithful and discreet slave” to administer His Kingdom interests on earth. He has provided direction for the anointed “domestics” and their “other sheep” companions by means of a Governing Body." Examining the Scriptures 2012 Jul 15

In 2011, it was claimed it is not even necessary to know who the Anointed are.

"A number of factors — including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance — might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know." Watchtower 2011 Aug 15 p.22

See the image below. It shows all the teachings of who the faithful and discreet slave are from inception of Watchtower history. You are right about one thing though, they are assumptions and are designed to fit into whatever situation watchtower see itself

Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
Please where is rottennaija? undecided

Sorry, I was a little busy. I was cooking. Just finished
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

The first century Christian assumed many things? That must be new light I guess. Anyway! Let's focus on more important issues.

Since true Christians today assume many things, then it follows that they cannot say what they teach is true and insist others follow too, can they?

Try to focus on Zachariah's prophecy!
Those spiritual Jews are going their own way and doing what they ASSUMED is the commands from their God, but it is the people of the nations like Maximus and over 8 million others globally that are holding their skirt and saying 'we will go with you people,because we've heard that God is with you people' Zec 8:23
So they aren't insisting you follow them rather they're presenting what they ASSUMED their God requires them to do. Therefore you can choose to agree or disagree with them! wink
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by rottennaija(m): 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Maximus69:
Try to focus on Zachariah's prophecy!
Those spiritual Jews are going their own way and doing what they ASSUMED is the commands from their God, but it is the people of the nations like Maximus and over 8 million others globally that are holding their skirt and saying 'we will go with you people,because we've heard that God is with you people' Zec 8:23
So they aren't insisting you follow them rather they're presenting what they ASSUMED their God requires them to do. Therefore you can choose to agree or disagree with them! wink

The way you are going, you might even assume to be the faithful and discreet slave one day, or even Jesus himself.
Re: How To Get Jehovah's Witnesses To Listen by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
rottennaija:

From Watchtower history of assumptions, it seems certain that the description is who the faithful and discreet slave is depends on who is in control of the Watchtower.

Let's see some examples of it...

Between 1896 to 1917, C. T. RUSSELL was the faithful and discreet slave, even while he had died in 1916. The following watchtower quotations shows how the assumptions went...

With Russell's death, a new interpretation became necessary. In the 1917 leaflet The Parable of the Penny, Rutherford was described as the Steward, replacing Russell.

In 1926, Rutherford reinterpreted the Faithful Slave from a single person to a group of people. Thus the interpretation had come full circle, but this time the servant included Jesus as well as the 144,000.

Over time, Jesus was removed from the role of faithful servant, so once more it was just the little flock. For many decades it was taught that the slave and the domestics were both the same group of people. The 144,000 anointed ones were the slave as a whole, yet individually the same 144,000 were the domestics that as a group they rule over. The faithful and discreet slave became the 144,000 collectively. The domestics became the 144,000 individually. The 144,000 fed the 144,000.

Not only was this bizarre concept unnecessarily confusing, in reality the Watchtower organization does not operate this way. The majority of the 144,000 do not feed the sheep, they are not involved in establishing Watchtower doctrines, rules or procedures. The Governing Body alone has say in what is done and established.

Few of the witnesses that professes being Anointed have not written any Watchtower articles or developed any doctrine or procedure. In recent times, most articles are written by members of the Other Sheep and simply authorised by the Governing Body with little or not input from the so-called anointed.

Since its formation, the Governing Body has varied in size between seven and and eighteen anointed men. When the Watchtower says to follow the "faithful and discreet slave" the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses understood this to mean following the rules of the Governing Body, as only these members direct the Organization.

From around 2009, the Watchtower openly admitted the Governing Body leaders are the Slave, and began downplaying the importance of the rest of the Anointed. For instance, review the following quotes from the Watchtower 2009 June 15:

This same sentiment was expressed in 2010.

In 2011, it was claimed it is not even necessary to know who the Anointed are.

See the image below. It shows all the teachings of who the faithful and discreet slave are from inception of Watchtower history. You are right about one thing though, they are assumptions and are designed to fit into whatever situation watchtower see itself
All of these could be likened to what happened to natural Jews!
Their faithfulness, their errors, their achievement, their friends, their foes, when their God supported them in times of their faithfulness and when he punished them in times of their blunders.
But still he keeps presenting himself as the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, and in general he calls himself the God of Israel!
So no matter what you think or say about them, their God remains with them and helping them to achieve what he REQUIRES of them because they remained his people! wink
Today we're having the SPIRITUAL Jews and their history is exactly what you've just narrated, but there are things you forgot to include in all your write-up:
WHAT DOES THEIR GOD SAY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE?
ARE THEY MEETING UP WITH THE EXPECTATION?
IS THERE ANY NATION NATURAL OR SPIRITUAL THAT'S PERFORMING BETTER THAN THEM?
Well that is why the millions are increasing! Just try to attend this year's memorial Aparil 19 and see how many millions are still looking forward to them with high esteem! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Celestial Pastor Who Chained Son Arrested / Ayelala Deity / 666: A Day Is Coming When Money Alone Won't Be Able To Buy You Food (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.