Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. (60032 Views)

Help! How Do I Tell A Senior Colleague I Am In Love With Her / How Loan Apps Have Ruined My Life / You Have Ruined My Life - Lady Exposes Man Who Impregnated & Infected Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by kunleweb: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2019
MissJoy29:

You think I sounded cocky?

Anyway, I was seriously vexed that's why I sounded that way.

Na so. You try
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by kunleweb: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2019
RTSC:

Whinning? shocked

Who the fucvk is this guy?
You well so?

Jerk off dude
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Rilley(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Preshy561:
She's not gonna disgrace your little ass.
She's a feminist y'all have been shouting and yelling untop your voices that they don't pay their bills.

Now, you've seen one, you are feeling emasculated and acting all sissy. undecided
I'm certain you can never spend on a guy, or pay for stuffs on ur date. grin

1 Like

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Biglittlelois(f): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Awoo88:

U get problem oo. Person say him cheap u still dey ask why him borrow cloth. Mind you, being broke is not the same as being cheap. Cheap is the operational word here. You can be broke and not cheap. You can be rich and still be very cheap!!!

Wise words @bolded

2 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Mursz: 10:41am On Apr 09, 2019
O’ lord please save this dude from cheapisity! Amen!

1 Like

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by ImaIma1(f): 10:42am On Apr 09, 2019
RTSC:

Because we want Women to be better.
We want them to be independent.

That We are uncomfortable with independent women does not mean we don't like it.

Keep doing it and we will get less uncomfortable with time.

You want independent, yet you are uncomfortable with it? I don't think you know what you want.

We should keep doing it like we are trying to please you, get your approval or warm up to it? Who has that time?

The double standard is too glaring. You can't handle an independent woman yet you will curse out a dependent one. Be true to yourself

6 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:44am On Apr 09, 2019
Jidibia:
Going on a first date, anything can happen. Bros, let me tell you the truth, you are stingy. The meat the babe ordered for will not be more than 1k las las. Going with enough money like 5-7k will not be bad in case of emergency. Anyways, your stinginess your life so e no concern me.
if he went with 5k, he still wouldn't have spent it all. I don't think he is ready for such things. If he goes into marriage with this mentality, I just pity the unlucky girl.

7 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:48am On Apr 09, 2019
ImaIma1:

You want independent, yet you are uncomfortable with it? I don't think you know what you want.

We should keep doing it like we are trying to please you, get your approval or warm up to it? Who has that time?

The double standard is too glaring. You can't handle an independent woman yet you will curse out a dependent one. Be true to yourself
calm down.. He and the OP don't represent all of us guys. They re both confused.

Personally, I love independent women but no matter how buoyant she is, I like to take care of everything myself except she insists. I wonder why someone will invite someone for a date and not want to go all out. That's prison mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by tellwisdom: 10:52am On Apr 09, 2019
AntiBrutus:

If you were the one with all the money, will you carry her along?

Maybe ask her, "babe, I want to buy meat, do you have money to add?"

I am VERY SURE you won't. You will just order the thing like a boss and pay the bills.

Tell me the truth, if say you get money and she pay, shey you for the plan return match to equalize? Oga, you are fighting with your ego.

It is very hard dating guys without much money and I am not being condescending here. Call a rich guy "ewu" and he will laugh, because im know say the money dey pon the beat. Call a humble guy "ewu" and he will rush to create thread. I graduated since 2016, I have one small job I am managing, but I don't hesitate to take care of my babe. Yesterday she called me ewu, should I breakup with her?

Walahi, you guys are paranoid. Una dey synonymous with not-goodlooking girls.

Just because one 20 years old boi create thread about not having much on a date, u carry the matter for head like dandruff. E be like say u be that kind gurl wey dey like chop too much on a man's bill

2 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Rilley(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2019
ImaIma1:

So why do you guys curse out girls that depend on guys? You guys will call the leeches...olosho and all the lewd names to belittle them. Now here is an independent woman and the ego cannot handle it.
Shut up jare! how many girls will spend on guys? unless those that have rich parents, 95% of girls in Nigeria are leeches, they are broke, hungry and stingy.

1 Like

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Biglittlelois(f): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2019
queenitee:

Permit me to say you have a problem. She wasn't being full of herself, it wasn't like you paid and she told the waiter to return your money, she simply helped out. If she was being full of herself, she wouldn't have laughed it off when you told her the amount you had, she would definitely make you feel so bad about yourself verbally and with her actions, which she didn't do and judging from what you posted, she told no one. What's with guys and ego self? If she was being full of herself, she wouldn't have allowed you pay her tfare.
You really need to work on your self esteem bro

See the rubbish he said "chewing is bad for your teeth" what type of lame ass excuse is that for petes sake? Jeez, I'm tired sad

3 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Ishilove: 11:04am On Apr 09, 2019
kingreign:
angry
grin

It's a poke in the eye of those who say ladies are leeches grin

5 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2019
Ishilove:
grin
feminist you have another member now
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Febo(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2019
I beg 50 likes for that babe grin

1 Like

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Afrosage(f): 11:12am On Apr 09, 2019
Rilley:
Shut up jare! how many girls will spend on guys? unless those that have rich parents, 95% of girls in Nigeria are leeches, they are broke, hungry and stingy.
lolsss...dude u re so funny,I bet u re also as cheap as the ranting OP, you re on a thread,a very good example of a hard working lady tryna show her worth and u re still here ranting....damn!,mbakwa....I tire for una double standards.

6 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by MissJoy29(f): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2019
kunleweb:

Na so. You try
Lol....
You that has been trying to slap almost everyone here nko?

1 Like

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by MissJoy29(f): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2019
kunleweb:

Na so. You try
Lol....
You that has been trying to slap almost everyone here nko?
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2019
I don't know what to say really OP. Buh if she likes you truly then you go still win. Secondly, there is nothing great about tagging yourself cheap. It add no value to you.

2 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Rilley(m): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2019
Afrosage:
lolsss...dude u re so funny,I bet u re also as cheap as the ranting OP, you re on a thread,a very good example of a hard working lady tryna show her worth and u re still here ranting....damn!,mbakwa....I tire for una double standards.
I'm just saying the obvious truth, besides how many girls in Nigeria will pay the bills in Nigeria? let's be honest.

Most girls will never spend anything but want you to spend all your money, we know their are damn hungry girls in this country and talking about me am not like the OP, I can't go on a day with little cash, it's better I don't go on a date than take little cash with me because of unforseen circumstances.
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Rilley(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2019
Ishilove:

grin

Yes you are all leeches
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by MissJoy29(f): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2019
kunleweb:

Na so. You try
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Boss13: 11:18am On Apr 09, 2019
Gaspardd:
There is this lady at work, she works for the client and i work for the contractor. She has a nigga friend who is my padi and he has been talking to me about her, after so much persuasion, i said fùck it and gave it a shot.

Really she was so receptive than i envisaged and since then we've been casually saying hi and stuff.
On saturday i called her and asked about her weekend, she told me she wasnt doing anything, i suggested we meet on sunday(ytd). She said she wud call me wenever she's back from church.
She called around 5pm, i dressed up, all my clothes were creased so bad so i had to borrow a niggas Tshirt, pocketed 2k cus i am cheap and i live cheap, so i cant spend more than 2k on a date.

I got to d venue, she was waiting already, she was putting on a gown revealing some cleavage which was a very nice sight but really unlike her as she always dress modest to work.
Long story short, i ordered for drinks, all was 1400 naira, which was within budget, d 100 naira change will be for my TP and i will give d maruwa guy 500 for her own TP to give her d remaining change. Everything was going according to plan, things were going fine , what a good time to be alive. Suddenly she said she feels like chewing sth.
I initially made as if i didnt hear what she said, she said it again and i interjected with "NOPE, CHEWING IS BAD FOR TEETH" She laffed and beckoned on the waiter to come over. In shock i yelled wait wait, i brought out the whole of 1500, dropped it on the table and told her this all i have with me, already she knows there is 1400 payment to be made.

She didnt give a shìt, she called the guy, brought 2 plates of meat, i was just feeling awkward watching how the whole shìt wud play out. At last she brought out her purse, gave d guy some money, i picked the 1500, gave it to the waiter but he returned the money, said the money she gave him is complete.
Seriously i was ashamed of myself, i wanted to talk about it but i decided to let it slide so as not to overflogg the issue.
Later we were done and i saw her off, i gave d driver 500 for her TP. Some hrs later i saw 3missed calls from her, i texted her back and she responded with... see you tmao. While i dont know wht that means but i know she is gonna tell everybody at work about what happened, about how i am a stingy pig. But i aint stingy, i just priotize things i spend money on.
Today i told my niggas what happened, i have only two niggas, but neither i nor any of them has heard about the parol from another source. But then i am sure that if words get around, my reputation = Ruined embarassed embarassed embarassed

Stop using the N-word. It’s a derogatory and insulting word.
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Afrosage(f): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2019
she wanted to chew...she brought out her money n chewed with her mouth.....what the heck is the problem again......why re u complaining bikokwa nu...all dese toxic folks walking around...or mayb she shud hv jus waited till she has gotten home..den go out again to chew jus so she wudnt hurt ur cheap ego...u re goin on a date to get her filled up on jus sodas n alcos....u spent 1400 on drinks..we shud clap for u!!

5 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Nnemaranma(f): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2019
Gaspardd:
There is this lady at work, she works for the client and i work for the contractor. She has a nigga friend who is my padi and he has been talking to me about her, after so much persuasion, i said fùck it and gave it a shot.

Really she was so receptive than i envisaged and since then we've been casually saying hi and stuff.
On saturday i called her and asked about her weekend, she told me she wasnt doing anything, i suggested we meet on sunday(ytd). She said she wud call me wenever she's back from church.
She called around 5pm, i dressed up, all my clothes were creased so bad so i had to borrow a niggas Tshirt, pocketed 2k cus i am cheap and i live cheap, so i cant spend more than 2k on a date.

I got to d venue, she was waiting already, she was putting on a gown revealing some cleavage which was a very nice sight but really unlike her as she always dress modest to work.
Long story short, i ordered for drinks, all was 1400 naira, which was within budget, d 100 naira change will be for my TP and i will give d maruwa guy 500 for her own TP to give her d remaining change. Everything was going according to plan, things were going fine , what a good time to be alive. Suddenly she said she feels like chewing sth.
I initially made as if i didnt hear what she said, she said it again and i interjected with "NOPE, CHEWING IS BAD FOR TEETH" She laffed and beckoned on the waiter to come over. In shock i yelled wait wait, i brought out the whole of 1500, dropped it on the table and told her this all i have with me, already she knows there is 1400 payment to be made.

She didnt give a shìt, she called the guy, brought 2 plates of meat, i was just feeling awkward watching how the whole shìt wud play out. At last she brought out her purse, gave d guy some money, i picked the 1500, gave it to the waiter but he returned the money, said the money she gave him is complete.
Seriously i was ashamed of myself, i wanted to talk about it but i decided to let it slide so as not to overflogg the issue.
Later we were done and i saw her off, i gave d driver 500 for her TP. Some hrs later i saw 3missed calls from her, i texted her back and she responded with... see you tmao. While i dont know wht that means but i know she is gonna tell everybody at work about what happened, about how i am a stingy pig. But i aint stingy, i just priotize things i spend money on.
Today i told my niggas what happened, i have only two niggas, but neither i nor any of them has heard about the parol from another source. But then i am sure that if words get around, my reputation = Ruined embarassed embarassed embarassed

I'm disappointed in you and your write up.
What do guys really want?
Your expectations were cut. You expected that after the cheap hangout, you'll invite her over to come pay in kind, but she beat you to your game and you ran to Nairaland crying foul.
Next time don't go for ladies that know their worth, go for your type of girls; the hungry girls. Those that hardly spend on themselves not to talk of others. That's the type of female you need in your life.

6 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Jidibia(m): 11:24am On Apr 09, 2019
Biglittlelois:

See the rubbish he said "chewing is bad for your teeth" what type of lame ass excuse is that for petes sake? Jeez, I'm tired sad
And his supporters claimed he is a straightforward guy. I pity the woman that will marry this dude.
Wife: Baby please buy me a rosted chicken on your way back.
Husband: No baby, roasted chicken is not good for your health.

3 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Franky826: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2019
Preshy561:
She's not gonna disgrace your little ass.
She's a feminist y'all have been shouting and yelling untop your voices that they don't pay their bills.

Now, you've seen one, you are feeling emasculated and acting all sissy. undecided

So if a lady pays her bill she's automatically a feminist?

Lmao, are you serious? Oh come on grin

1 Like

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Dinho20(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2019
LOL,
ALL THIS GUYS TRYING TO IMPRESS WOMEN, HABA"
ME, I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT EVEN A RECHARGE CARD FOR ANY LADY IN MY LIFE, I NEVER SPENT A DIME ON ANY LADY
AND NON HAD EVER COMPLAINED. WHENEVER AM WITH A LADY SHE WILL BE SMILING, SHE WILL EVEN ASK IF I NEED ANYTHING, I ALWAYS NO.
I ALWAYS REJECT OFFERS FROM WOMEN" , I KNOW MY REASONS.
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by ImaIma1(f): 11:31am On Apr 09, 2019
Rilley:

You are obviously a child with a loose tongue.

If you cannot communicate sans insults like a civilized and stable person, avoid my mention. I have low tolerance for immaturity.

4 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Jidibia(m): 11:31am On Apr 09, 2019
Nnemaranma:

I'm disappointed in you and your write up.
What do guys really want?
Your expectations were cut. You expected that after the cheap hangout, you'll invite her over to come pay in kind, but she beat you to your game and you ran to Nairaland crying foul.
Next time don't go for ladies that know their worth, go for your type of girls; the hungry girls. Those that hardly spend on themselves not to talk of others. That's the type of female you need in your life.
Lol.... Those osho free babes abi? Even 2k sef can't get you first class olosho.
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Afrosage(f): 11:32am On Apr 09, 2019
Rilley:
I'm just saying the obvious truth, besides how many girls in Nigeria will pay the bills in Nigeria? let's be honest.

Most girls will never spend anything but want you to spend all your money, we know their are damn hungry girls in this country and talking about me am not like the OP, I can't go on a day with little cash, it's better I don't go on a date than take little cash with me because of unforseen circumstances.
how much is dis spending dat y'all kip talking bout sef..lemme tell u,a girl dat likes/loves a guy wud do anything xpecially wen u re still trying to impress a guy be it a negroid, Caucasoid or mongoloid ...I have taken bfs out before,all expenses on me,I have helped out on bills wen they come up short n stuffs and I bet everyoda gal has done dat one time or the other as long they have.No be gals dey carry school fees go give boyfriends again....you guyz shud stop bashing girls up n down

5 Likes

Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by ImaIma1(f): 11:34am On Apr 09, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
calm down.. He and the OP don't represent all of us guys. They re both confused.

Personally, I love independent women but no matter how buoyant she is, I like to take care of everything myself except she insists. I wonder why someone will invite someone for a date and not want to go all out. That's prison mentality.

I know

This "tramadol and codine" boys making the good guys look bad
Re: Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work. by Rilley(m): 11:35am On Apr 09, 2019
Afrosage:
how much is dis spending dat y'all kip talking bout sef..lemme tell u,a girl dat likes/loves a guy wud do anything xpecially wen u re still trying to impress a guy be it a negroid, Caucasoid or mongoloid ...I have taken bfs out before,all expenses on me,I have helped out on bills wen they come up short n stuffs and I bet everyoda gal has done dat one time or the other as long they have.No be gals dey carry school fees go give boyfriends again....you guyz shud stop bashing girls up n down
Lol for your mind

Foreigners can do that but not Nigerian girls, if a Nigerian girl spend on a man she will be expecting times 10 of that money she spent on him. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

US Lesbian Lovers Kicked Out Of Uber For Kissing & Touching In Back Seat (Photo) / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? / She Stopped Picking My Calls After Her First Visit To My House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.