Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? (59628 Views)

How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage / How Much Should A Woman Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Nostradamus:
As much as an oilworker's earnings.

I liked Nostradamus in "Reign." smiley

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2019
nwanneni:
Yes,I'm alive,kicking and on the move again cool
Rock and roll,fast life it is for me wink

Good for you. Now listen, never attack me again!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Safiaa(f): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
Going by what you’ve said the only people required to have standards are men who have a substantial amount of money. What do we say to all the penniless men that have a list from A to Z? Guy wake up and be realistic ,if we go by your logic then 80% of Nigerian men will be condemned for having standards because they Do not have money that enables them to sit in the ‘drivers’ seat without question. The real problem is the hypocrisy against women setting a standard for themselves that men do not approve of. Periodddd.
philip0906:

A man who has money or makes more than enough should set the standards: he’s at the driver seat. He has the bargaining chip which is quantifiable and measurable-money. He will only be matched by a woman who has as much as he has and that’s where the issue of moral character and all can come to play-negotiation.

As long as women don’t work towards been independent and match their male counterparts in the money chain, a man will continue to drive the narrative.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

if my sister says she wants to be a rev I would support her, my JOB is supporting not dictate, this is where you are getting me mixed up, no one is dictating rather helping and support is the watchword, now that's family for you. We do that well in Africa better than the Europeans. There is no fear in helping one's sister get a head start as regards age, yes this is true sad reality but it's true we can't sugarcoat it. tell me would not like a young, attractive,well to do and educated woman for a wife?

Same way most females want a handsome, young, educated and domesticated husband but sadly our desires are not always seen as important. Top on the list of many ladies desire in a spouse is one who can cook and help with domestic chores but who trains male kids for this? Africans even went further in being insensitive by trying to make females believe our place of primary importance remains in the kitchen. Patriarchy is a scam.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Good for you. Now listen, never attack me again!
Or else what? undecided
You wanna bully me?lol.
If we have contrary views,I'll always point it out if I see it,irrespective of how you feel about it and there is little or nothing you can do about it my friend smiley

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:
lazy youth grin grin
You know that's a lie grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad
You wicked I swear. Go mold your own husband wey be like uncle Ned and get married to him. Sacrament of matrimony is a long and everlasting bond that cant be broken until death, money is not the foundation rather it is maturity and self determination can tell you when to settle down. Amount of money you hv cant help you either and never you succumb to peer pressure on issue of marriage if you are not set unless you wish for WWE RAW btw you and your wife.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
nwanneni:
Or else what? undecided
You wanna bully me?lol.
If we have contrary views,I'll always point it out if I see it,irrespective of how you feel about it and there is little or nothing you can do about it my friend smiley

K
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
philip0906:

Unfortunately, it’s biased. Reason women should strive to match their male counterparts by balancing the very unbalanced money ratio, not all the trivial nonsense they fight over in the name of feminism.

Agreed but when you prepare a girl child to be a good wife as opposed to a business mogul, you'll definitely get the result. This is the reason we hardly see females closing that unbalanced money ratio.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by philip0906(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
Going by what you’ve said the only people required to have standards are men who have a substantial amount of money. What do we say to all the penniless men that have a list from A to Z? Guy wake up and be realistic ,if we go by your logic then 80% of Nigerian men will be condemned for having standards because they Do not have money that enables them to sit in the ‘drivers’ seat without question. The real problem is the hypocrisy against women setting a standard for themselves that men do not approve of. Periodddd.
1. A penniless man has no standard and should set no standard but he is wired mentally to hustle for his money rather than depending on a woman. You don’t see majority of men making noise that they want a woman who earns more than them.
2. A penniless woman on the other hand is wired to depend on a man for money. You see majority of women making noise that they want want a man who earns more than them.
See the difference?

The 80% quotation holds no water because women still depend on men to get by. Remember standards are different and relative.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Iamgrey5(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
MariaLavina:
huh?
I was just messing around ni jare grin

I was advising ladies with style
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by philip0906(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Agreed but when you prepare a girl child to be a good wife as opposed to a business mogul, you'll definitely get the result. This is the reason we hardly see females closing that unbalanced money ratio.
Valid! Reason why women need to break that barrier. Unfortunately, I don’t think y’all are prepared. You guys are more interested in trivial bullshit and vanity...How many of y’all know women who are breaking boundaries in industry or technology? How many of you know women who are making strides in Commerce and business and running companies?

But you lots are more interested in becoming Regina Daniels, following Tonto Dike and Toke Makinwa on Instagram. Vain, deranged and worthless women are at the fore and millions of Nigerian women are foolishly following them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
philip0906:

1. A penniless man has no standard and should set no standard but he is wired mentally to hustle for his money rather than depending on a woman. You don’t see majority of men making noise that they want a woman who earns more than them.
2. A penniless woman on the other hand is wired to depend on a man for money. You see majority of women making noise that they want want a man who earns more than them.
See the difference?

The 80% quotation holds no water because women still depend on men to get by. Remember standards are different and relative.

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Safiaa(f): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
Correction
A penniless man has standards and they normally request for a woman who can fill in the void of their broke state. This may not be monetary, but in other aspects. Penniless men depend on women in other ways that are not financial, they request for standards that they do not possess or even strive to possess, which further proves my point that there’s too much hypocrisy in Nigeria. A man can have any standard deemed fit whether he is broke or not, good cook or not, virgin or not, humble or not and NOBODY CARES. A woman sets one criteria and people question her like she’s not worthy.
philip0906:

See the difference?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by shellliver: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hmmm.
E show for your skin and face say you like money
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by shellliver: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
See different talks o...

Blah blah blah salary....vast land.. ..investments all these like say na them help the other person hustle am.

I will kwantinuu to watch some o

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
Jollof123:
What about those who don't earn monthly salary. Won't they marry again?

Use calculator to sum and divide
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Jollof123: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
FreelanceRebel:

Use calculator to sum and divide

1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by dingbang(m): 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
There is no limit as to how much a man should have before getting married. If you are 25 years old and you are waiting for a 200k salary and by the time you are 30, you get a job of 120k, you would have realized that if you went on to marry with what you had at 25, your first child would have been 5yrs old when you clocked 30.

This kind of wisdom is not taught in schools so I don't expect first class or literate people to understand.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2019
dingbang:
There is no limit as to how much a man should have before getting married. If you are 25 years old and you are waiting for a 200k salary and by the time you are 30, you get a job of 120k, you would have realized that if you went on to marry with what you had at 25, your first child would have been 5yrs old when you clocked 30.

This kind of wisdom is not taught in schools so I don't expect first class or literate people to understand.
And when did procreation become a yardstick for a successful marriage
PS;I am not a first class graduate as well.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Monday60655(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Consider the guy's plan should anything happen to his current source of income. What you earn monthly to me don't really matter. Your modality in life to succeed should be considered. Lastly, women stop seeing everything as man's responsibility. Gone are the days women fold their hands and sit at home. Make sure you equip yourself with something before getting married to any man as well in case if an unseen circumstances happen.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Wizywiz(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
jackals:
I'm not trying to sugarcoat here please, neither am I trying to act a saint. But to be sincere, I am more attuned to a man's sense of self than his money or any other thing. A man that is sensible enough to hold me through life, who love me and will never leave me for any other. thats all that matter to me.

This dosnt mean I dont like money. I like money pass money self, but it is not my priority, it is just a plus
wife material spoted
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Fourwinds: 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Meeeeennnhhh fresh pkekus don sure be dat
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Headlesschicken(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
I earn less than that figure buh i do v some few reasonable investmentx on ground,most times is never really about the amount buh d will of d individual involved...
Icon4s:

What kind of invenstment can someone who earns 110-120K in today's economy go into? undecided

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by obyrich(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Awe4luv:
how does one explain to ladies that those poor looking or moderately dressed guys are the ones with legit fat bank account....I just wanna help
I know a man like that.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

This is just wrong in all levels, perhaps you are living in 1999.
Reason we hardly see females closing that unbalanced money ratio? You are obviously not in the Corporate world & limited by the little info you have. I don't know where you live, but it seems you live under a Rock.

If your group of female friends aren't doing well, biko leave them & find new ones. Ladies are doing much-much better now.
In some sectors, they even do better than Men.

You guys make it seem Nigerian women are suffering & wallowing in poverty. NO they are not, they are just Entitled. There is a big difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by ilevic(m): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I Guess You Got Above 200 In The Last UTME. Pls Go And Prepare For Post Utme And Let Our Sisters Who Are Above 30 Comment Here
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by TheIkoro(m): 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
samueloduoye:
For a man living in Ibadan, Lagos, Port Harcourt or any other Nigerian city, how much should he be making monthly before considering marriage?

Share your thoughts

https://punchng.com/how-much-should-a-man-earn-monthly-before-considering-marriage/

It's not a matter of the fish, but of the fishing line.

If you give a man fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach him how to fish, you feed him for life. Hence the "E No Need Am" Folly that has not the educated realise school has to go through thee, and not just thee through school. Hence the Wisdom that had Jesus condemn the Law of his own generation with the Word,

"But woe unto you, scribes and pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men."

Partly by deceiving the blind and the naive into believing "E No Need" any more than a certificate, with which to "earn" a living; I dare to say.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by cyprus000: 5:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
ibkayee:
Standards of living will vary so you're going to have a bunch of significantly different numbers flying up and down this thread lol

Dunno what arrangement he plans to have going on with his wife concerning contributions, but realistically probably at least whatever amount can comfortably cover all basic living necessities month to month.

Ideally, rule of thumb is to also have about 6 months worth of your annual savings tucked up somewhere if possible.
the only sensible post I've seen you make. oya shoot
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by frankkydee(m): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

Lol.

I too like money grin

Then work for the money and enjoy the money biko
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
cyprus000:

the only sensible post I've seen you make. oya shoot
Guy, are you in love with me already? At least give yourself a week before stalking me cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Look At What Girl I Have Being Chasing For 6 Months Sent Me / Girls: What Attracts You The Most In Boys? / The Pains Of A Busty Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.