Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,875 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? (59660 Views)

How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage / How Much Should A Woman Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2019
nwanneni:
grin grin grin
Omo I dey kupu enter Tennessee,USA tonight oo from Douala.
We plan say we go race Benz vs Range Rover for december but you no come show again cheesy
I met one too like that for our town(PHC),na so she been dey run mouth like these ones dey make me dey on my toes Every time.
She got a crib and a Toyota SUV,she come think say she don arrive.na later I come know say she got those as settlement plan from one guy weh waste her time and no gree marry am grin
She makes some really peasant money for herself and after forming feminist up and down,she come dey beg me 50k up and down upon all her level cheesy
Happened to me twice.fear this women and their packaging grin grin grin
nah work nor gree me ohh, I left 9ja sharp sahrp November after 3 months, well 9ja babe dey run mouth B4 the age of 32 o nce 35 nack standard go come down once 40 reach nh to loyal money or no money, Man nah Man then grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 11:00am On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

By "giving mum a break" it already shows you've been programmed to believe child care is the full responsibility of a woman.
have you ever been a mum
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Olatunji1929: 11:01am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad
was your popzi richer than Ned nwoko before your mum got married to him?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Bolaadu(m): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=samueloduoye post=78921255]For a man living in Ibadan, Lagos, Port Harcourt or any other Nigerian city, how much should he be making monthly before considering marriage?

Share your thought .this question goes to a married man not single,let them talk from experience for me 100.000 is OK if ur wife to be is earning 30.000 to 50.000
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:06am On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
That’s also true. I think women are always trying to prove they can do it all, always trying to prove to their husbands that they are worthy. Always trying to do everything to keep their husbands from looking outside, you are deceiving yourself. Stop suffering yourself in the name of love and have common sense for once. You are looking haggard yet you still want to prove you are superwoman. To who exactly? It couldn’t be me sha and I thank God my partner has the same mindset as me.

You've said it all, we are always focused on defending our territory, protecting our husbands as if the man is not an adult or doesn't know what he's doing. I've seen situations where despite being maltreated, beaten and cheated on; a lady still felt the need to hold tight to her husband. See, I attended a vigil yesterday, the preacher called all single ladies out for prayers, you should see how even girls as young as sixteen were pushed by their mums to go out but what really annoyed me more was that the preacher didn't ask single guys to go out for prayers too. I know this is just one example but many can also bear witness that this happens widely. Even from a tender age, a female is programmed to think having a husband is the main reason she exists, for a man it's not as important, rather money should be the focus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:09am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:
have you ever been a mum
Off point. No I haven't but I live here, I know what's happening.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Safiaa(f): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2019
Facts upon facts. !!!!
Mizwisdom:

You've said it all, we are always focused on defending our territory, protecting our husbands as if the man is not an adult or doesn't know what he's doing. I've seen situations where despite being maltreated, beaten and cheated on; a lady still felt the need to hold tight to her husband. See, I attended a vigil yesterday, the preacher called all single ladies out for prayers, you should see how even girls as young as sixteen were pushed by their mums to go out but what really annoyed me more was that the preacher didn't ask single guys to go out for prayers too. I know this is just one example but many can also bear witness that this happens widely. Even from a tender age, a female is programmed to think having a husband is the main reason she exists, for a man it's not as important, rather money should be the focus.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

nah work nor gree me ohh, I left 9ja sharp sahrp November after 3 months, well 9ja babe dey run mouth B4 the age of 32 o nce 35 nack standard go come down once 40 reach nh to loyal money or no money, Man nah Man then grin grin grin grin
like say you know.
That one sef na 34 she be then.her slogan then na "I am ageless and a daughter of grace"...
I just dey laugh for my mind grin grin grin ageless kee you there!
She be take like 8years senior me then cheesy
I dey see her status on WhatsApp she come be like say she dey 45 now cheesy I dodge bullet there walahi.
I met her e no reach better one week she come dey shout marriage up and down unto say time no dey again grin
I just kupu cool wetin I go tell my mama say I go look for there? undecided
Better money she no get,old age don near,Toto don collapse.....etc grin
My brother say if to say n.a. daughter of Dangote now ehheeen!he go support,not one ordinary comfortable girl grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Jollof123: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2019
What about those who don't earn monthly salary. Won't they marry again?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Preshy561(f): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Deep!!!
Train your girl child as if nothing like a man exist, that way, she will be able to stand on her own. If man comes, fine, if man doesn't come, still fine.
That last thing i'd tell them is about marriage, it brings so much pressure to your girl child and mothers/society should stop this act.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 11:17am On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Off point. No I haven't but I live here, I know what's happening.
nah its not off point, I now know the reasons you are giving ur answers in the way and manner makes sense. When you become MUM, you will understand what my statement meant. The feeder of the child by default is MUM, the 1st scent the kid learns is MUM.MUM get to stay at home to look after the baby 1st few years of their lives. In the west, you can get up to a year's maternity leave for having a baby. Mum does the Domestics round the house and Dad gives Mum a break once he is around.If mum is busy like my Mrs, she will need the help of some sort, washing machines and dishwashers are a great tool, I got BOB well I call him BOB he cleans the house at a press of a button and even programmed. There is a nursery too.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

Deep!!!
Train your girl child as if nothing like a man exist, that way, she will be able to stand on her own. If man comes, fine, if man doesn't come, still fine.
That last thing i'd tell them is about marriage, it brings so much pressure to your girl child and mothers/society should stop this act.
if man nor come fine abi? tlk true that talk come frm ur belle? I mean the other one grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2019
nwanneni:
like say you know.
That one sef na 34 she be then.her slogan then na "I am ageless and a daughter of grace"...
I just dey laugh for my mind grin grin grin ageless kee you there!
She be take like 8years senior me then cheesy
I dey see her status on WhatsApp she come be like say she dey 45 now cheesy I dodge bullet there walahi.
I met her e no reach better one week she come dey shout marriage up and down unto say time no dey again grin
I just kupu cool wetin I go tell my mama say I go look for there? undecided
Better money she no get,old age don near,Toto don collapse.....etc grin
My brother say if to say n.a. daughter of Dangote now ehheeen!he go support,not one ordinary comfortable girl grin grin
You nor fit carry mama go meet your mama nah grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

Deep!!!

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Preshy561(f): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

if man nor come fine abi? tlk true that talk come frm ur belle? I mean the other one grin grin
What can a man offer a woman with her own money? Absolutely nothing.
The world is changing my dear.
Mothers should stop coarsing their girl child into believing that her life without a man is nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

You nor fit carry mama go meet your mama nah grin grin grin grin
LMAO!!!
grin grin mad man
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 02, 2019
HeliosHay:

I'm into E-commerce so my situation is different. But, I understand where you're coming from..it's not common to see graduates earning that amount unless they happen to be in oil and gas or something.

Ha, will like joining u in this E Commerce, if that's how it pays.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:32am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

nah its not off point, I now know the reasons you are giving ur answers in the way and manner makes sense. When you become MUM, you will understand what my statement meant. The feeder of the child by default is MUM, the 1st scent the kid learns is MUM.MUM get to stay at home to look after the baby 1st few years of their lives. In the west, you can get up to a year's maternity leave for having a baby. Mum does the Domestics round the house and Dad gives Mum a break once he is around.If mum is busy like my Mrs, she will need the help of some sort, washing machines and dishwashers are a great tool, I got BOB well I call him BOB he cleans the house at a press of a button and even programmed. There is a nursery too.

Bro, in a perfect world and a perfect family yep child care for the baby should be like 70% mum and 30% dad because most kids that age just need to eat and sleep but take note, it changes as the kids grow beyond only needing food and sleep and it will work if the man agrees to fully take care of all finances needed by the family without grudge. But we know that in many homes, there's nothing like this. More than 80% of nursing mothers still have to work, they still have to contribute financially. If a woman decides to take a year's break from work she would usually be viewed as being lazy. So the dynamics has to change. There's nothing wrong with buying washing machine but why can't you be the one putting the clothes inside and getting the job done especially when your wife is also a contributor to the financial upkeep of the home

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:36am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

You truly depict everything wrong with our society, I know you're joking though but yeah, this is how people build fear in young girls' minds from childhood. She has to be the one looking to find a husband and if she doesn't find one, there's a real problem
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by tunjilana: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Bro, in a perfect world and a perfect family yep child care for the baby should be like 70% mum and 30% dad because most kids that age just need to eat and sleep but take note, it changes as the kids grow beyond only needing food and sleep and it will work if the man agrees to fully take care of all finances needed by the family without grudge. But we know that in many homes, there's nothing like this. More than 80% of nursing mothers still have to work, they still have to contribute financially. If a woman decides to take a year's break from work she would usually be viewed as being lazy. So the dynamics has to change. There's nothing wrong with buying washing machine but why can't you be the one putting the clothes inside and getting the job done especially when your wife is also a contributor to the financial upkeep of the home
...Nice write up...But I believe outsourcing the domestic work is better...A maid can be employed to "put the cloth", cook and take care of the house...let both couple focus on making money and funding there dreams....U can outsource domestics but cant outsource providing for the family
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad

The lady who said 800k cracked me up! Your own is Ned Nwoko kinda money! Lmao! cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by West2019(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2019
6 millionaire
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by West2019(m): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2019
Jollof123:
What about those who don't earn monthly salary. Won't they marry again?
dnt mind them.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2019
tunjilana:
...Nice write up...But I believe outsourcing the domestic work is better...A maid can be employed to "put the cloth", cook and take care of the house...let both couple focus on making money and funding there dreams....U can outsource domestics but cant outsource providing for the family

Agreed. This has been my point but we ladies have been trained to feel we need to work ourselves out doing house chores that can be outsourced.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Jollof123: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2019
ibkayee:

You too to some extent...hmmm grin

What about me?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
Jollof123:

What about me?
Haven’t been around you dear smiley
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by philip0906(m): 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

What can a man offer a woman with her own money? Absolutely nothing.
The world is changing my dear.
Mothers should stop coarsing their girl child into believing that her life without a man is nothing.
Brilliant! Unfortunately, a greater % of women don’t fall into that category in this part of the world. That’s why they still need a man to foot the bills, reason the men are asking the question “what can you bring to the table aside your pvssy?”

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Jollof123: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
ibkayee:

Haven’t been around you dear smiley

Lol cheesy
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Preshy561(f): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
philip0906:

Brilliant! Unfortunately, a greater % of women don’t fall into that category in this part of the world. That’s why they still need a man to foot the bills, reason the men are asking the question “what can you bring to the table aside your pvssy?”
So, you can also agree with me that aside money in this part of the world, most men have nothing to offer? Cos I think it goes both ways.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by philip0906(m): 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

So, you can also agree with me that aside money in this part of the world, most men have nothing to offer? Cos I think it goes both ways.
A Genevieve isn’t married; she has her own “money” and is under absolutely no pressures. If a Genevieve sets her own standards on the kind of man she wants, it’s perfectly understandable, she also is a “standard”.

A Dj Cuppy would also not be flocking around broke boys/men and would have her own standards for her kind of men. It’s perfectly understandable.

The problem is a broke, hungry, jobless, poorly paid Nigerian girl setting “standards”. It’s absurd! It’s madness! That’s why smart men ask “what do you have to offer”?

Don’t say “aside money...” because that money is key and as long as Nigerian men are at the top of the money chain, women will continue to depend on us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I partly agree, but disagree with the "manipulation" part. I think it's due to wickedness on our part as females and maybe a bit of this shortsighted nature of ours. If guys start being asked to wash plates, clothes and stuff, the mother(female) will be the first to protest, she will want her daughter in law to enslave herself while still contributing financially to the home plus sending money to her. It's still mothers(females) who train girls domestically while allowing boys freedom from domestic chores in the same house. It's not really manipulation, we are our own worse enemy.

you are right on this one tho

But I often say
that for any relationship to work (marriage is a form of relationship) all parties have to be reasonable and considerate

Why would a woman or a man be overburdened?
.Are you not suppose to SHARE such burden?

Lazy men and women plenty
And I pray you don't get nailed to one cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Businessman Releases The Names Of Women He Has Slept With / Girls: What Attracts You The Most In Boys? / Best Break Up/ Cheating/regret/ Bad Relationship Songs. Top 50 My Favourites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.