Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? (59607 Views)

How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage / How Much Should A Woman Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You truly depict everything wrong with our society, I know you're joking though but yeah, this is how people build fear in young girls' minds from childhood. She has to be the one looking to find a husband and if she doesn't find one, there's a real problem
There is nothing wrong in what I said rather there is everything morally wrong in what you said, I'm sticking to the Nigerian context here where you as a woman cannot open your mouth in a town meeting and tell you, parents, you do not want a child? we are not talking western culture here we are talking of that within the Nigerian context.Try and tell your mum in the village this * if man nor come no wahala.
What I am advocating for is for our young girls to place themselves where they will have choice not go with whatever comes along, cos when you as a woman find yourself i n the wrong side of 40 in Nigeria my dear, you got a lot of shyte to swallow in teh name of MEN

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
philip0906:

Of course! A Genevieve isn’t married; she has her own “money” and is under absolutely no pressures. If a Genevieve sets her own standards on the kind of man she wants, it’s perfectly understandable, she also is a “standard”.

A Dj Cuppy would also not be flocking around broke boys/men and would have her own standards for her kind of men. It’s perfectly understandable.

The problem is a broke, hungry, jobless, poorly paid Nigerian girl setting “standards”. It’s absurd! It’s madness! That’s where the question comes from “what do you have to offer”?

you dey vex o

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Oh Jisos, Cette dame est venue avec ses problèmes

mdr cheesy grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by kense88: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad
Be patient my dear. Very soon
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by kense88: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Iamgrey5:
5000 naira a month cry

As a lady, I am more concerned about the investment the guy has made as against what he earns cry

Anything can happen in this Nigerian society o jare cry

Intelligent comment
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
Lol I don’t understand ohhh
When it comes to splitting financial bills their mouths will open like parrots. They are so quick to ask what you contribute financially to a marriage. But when it comes to domestic contributions and other aspects, they are mute. You want to be addressed as the head of the home, yet your wife is doing practically everything in the house. She’s the one running the home. The only job that you’re really assigned to do is provide, yet you still want to split that role into half with your wife? You wonder why women don’t respect men of this generation. They are absolutely pathetic.

well...
Nigerians have a unique gift or will I say problem of exploiting people /playing smart

And they bring this nasty attitude into their relationship /marriage
And BOTH sexes are guilty of such Fvckery in Nigeria

The men wanting to get as much as they can from the relationship, while contributing as least as he can...

AFTER all, he did her a favor by marrying her lipsrsealed
mumu man.....

or the "oriaku" women who would have a long list of demands from their unfortunate husband while bringing ZERO value to the relationship
The man hustled, got you a retinue of maids to help in the house; etc while you are an empty vessel....

Afterall in her mind, she is THE PRIZE and the man is fortunate to have clinched me tongue
mugu lady lipsrsealed

When we see relationships as give and take, and being selfless, then these fvckery will reduce in Nigeria

But till then, the cat and mouse game continues tongue

no be NIGERIA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Bro, in a perfect world and a perfect family yep child care for the baby should be like 70% mum and 30% dad because most kids that age just need to eat and sleep but take note, it changes as the kids grow beyond only needing food and sleep and it will work if the man agrees to fully take care of all finances needed by the family without grudge. But we know that in many homes, there's nothing like this. More than 80% of nursing mothers still have to work, they still have to contribute financially. If a woman decides to take a year's break from work she would usually be viewed as being lazy. So the dynamics has to change. There's nothing wrong with buying washing machine but why can't you be the one putting the clothes inside and getting the job done especially when your wife is also a contributor to the financial upkeep of the home
let me ask you this, the man works offshore so she has to wait for the man to come back in two weeks to put the washing in the machine right?? also let us stop the assumption of men calling women lazy. Who does that? I'm talking men here, not boys joke apart, a real man knows the worth of his woman and the effort she puts into making the home works, the woman is the bare HOME, a happy wife is a happy life sad wife is sad life for the man.I think one needs to be in the situation to truly appreciate what it takes to be a mum, its a full-time job for life, as an adult I still talk to my Mum regards to stuff. Being a mum goes beyond reading books and learning on social media, every home brings its own challenges and you as an individual would have to derive ur own unique way and means to make things work within ur household.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

you are right on this one tho

But I often say
that for any relationship to work (marriage is a form of relationship) all parties have to be reasonable and considerate

Why would a woman or a man be overburdened?
.Are you not suppose to SHARE such burden?

Lazy men and women plenty
And I pray you don't get nailed to one cheesy

Amen, I surely won't
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

What can a man offer a woman with her own money? Absolutely nothing.
The world is changing my dear.
Mothers should stop coarsing their girl child into believing that her life without a man is nothing.
Seriously? so you are wiser than all these mega-rich women who still seek marriage and are married right?Talk is cheap,
I just realised here that the vast majority of you engaging me in these arguments are Not even married
This really speaks volumes.
Na so one Aunty on the Internet dey advise girls same same, she come see the future say age nor dey her side she sharply Born for married man come dey apologies online ahah Nowadays she, nor dey promote this line you dey aspire to promote so she respects herself since. grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by danyexcel: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad

Guyz Guyz let's keep fucking around even celebrities with their millions only gi for baby mamas why strap yourself in the bondage of matrimony. Remember their are many girls to be bleeped varieties are the spice of life

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

There is nothing wrong in what I said rather there is everything morally wrong in what you said, I'm sticking to the Nigerian context here where you as a woman cannot open your mouth in a town meeting and tell you, parents, you do not want a child? we are not talking western culture here we are talking of that within the Nigerian context.Try and tell your mum in the village this * if man nor come no wahala.
What I am advocating for is for our young girls to place themselves where they will have choice not go with whatever comes along, cos when you as a woman find yourself i n the wrong side of 40 in Nigeria my dear, you got a lot of shyte to swallow in teh name of MEN

I know you won't see anything wrong in it as you've been programmed this way. A man, over 50 won't be condemned for being single but a woman same age or younger will become the joke of all and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this, it's perfect to you. First off, is the issue of discrimination against single females, i think it's something we should start getting uncomfortable with, not accepting it outrightly, this is the reason why you'll see a woman close her mouth even when she knows her daughters are being sexually abused by their father because she doesn't want to become single, you might not know it but fear of discrimination leads to multiple problems.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I know you won't see anything wrong in it as you've been programmed this way. A man, over 50 won't be condemned for being single but a woman same age or younger will become the joke of all and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this, it's perfect to you. First off, is the issue of discrimination against single females, i think it's something we should start getting uncomfortable with, not accepting it outrightly, this is the reason why you'll see a woman close her mouth even when she knows her daughters are being sexually abused by their father because she doesn't want to become single, you might not know it but fear of discrimination leads to multiple problems.
Talking about discrimination, who discriminates single women? is it not the same WOMEN? so I reckon this issue should be addressed by women in the 1st instance cos from all ur convo, there was no one peice of advice in how a single lady should structure themselves so that the stand at a position of choice rather as want.Look I have 5 sisters behind me, i tell them teh gospel truth, get ur degree work hard and place ur self amongst a position where you can choose rather waiting to be chosen and like this, they all listen to me as bigger bross.As we speak our last born finished her Nursing in 9ja and Im paying for her to go to the US to finish up so she can have a fast start in Life,My dear life is tough if you are not up to the task of the day you will by the line waiting to be picked sad but this is reality

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Amen, I surely won't
As Miz WISDOM wey you be na
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

let me ask you this, the man works offshore so she has to wait for the man to come back in two weeks to put the washing in the machine right?? also let us stop the assumption of men calling women lazy. Who does that? I'm talking men here, not boys joke apart, a real man knows the worth of his woman and the effort she puts into making the home works, the woman is the bare HOME, a happy wife is a happy life sad wife is sad life for the man.I think one needs to be in the situation to truly appreciate what it takes to be a mum, its a full-time job for life, as an adult I still talk to my Mum regards to stuff. Being a mum goes beyond reading books and learning on social media, every home brings its own challenges and you as an individual would have to derive ur own unique way and means to make things work within ur household.

Doctors treat illnesses that they've never experienced in their own lives successfully, so why do I have to be a mum to understand problems mums go through and to be able to profer solutions to them. The world is filled with people who have expertise to deal with problems they've never experienced before so why do you keep repeating that line, haven't you seen mothers/fathers who have failed to learn how to get it right even after 30 years experience? you might think you're getting things right but after 35years your son or daughter can tell you, you socked as a dad
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by biztip: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Question is, how many people actually earn 500k a month?
don't mind most of these conmenters. most of them are still living under their father's house.they re out of touch with reality. they think 500k na beans, most of these big workers no dey even earn half of that.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by philip0906(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Not true! As long as a woman makes use of the exact same 24 hours men have to make money LEGITIMATELY, no one will condemn her even if she is 50 years and single. She’ll drive the narrative; we’ll respect her...e.g Genevieve

Problem is when you’re single, broke and at the risk of becoming and evening newspaper but still make noise and wanting to be in the same boat as men, we tell them to keep shut!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
philip0906:

Not true! As long as a woman makes use of the exact same 24 hours men have to make money LEGITIMATELY, no one will condemn her even if she is 50 years and single. She’ll drive the narrative; we’ll respect her...e.g Genevieve

Problem is when you’re single, broke and at the risk of becoming and evening newspaper but still make noise and wanting to be in the same boat as men, we tell them to keep shut!
Exactly and if you check, women are even the 1st to laugh at their fellow single friends.lil thing you will hear stuff like please oh let me come and be going to cook for my husband he will soon be coming back frm wrk grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Safiaa(f): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
But a community prick with no moral values, a man with no domestic or homely skills, a proud man with an inflated ego is more than qualified to set the standard for a homely virgin with great domestic/homely skills who is also humble? Can you see your hypocrisy? The word ‘standard’ only becomes an issue when it’s set by a woman. Men desire traits in women that they do not have themselves allllll the fricking time and guess what? Nobody cares. This is not even about a gender war, I really just want women to wake up and smell the coffee. You are being conditioned to accept the worst for yourself because society tells you, you can’t ask for more. It’s disgusting.
philip0906:

A Genevieve isn’t married; she has her own “money” and is under absolutely no pressures. If a Genevieve sets her own standards on the kind of man she wants, it’s perfectly understandable, she also is a “standard”.

A Dj Cuppy would also not be flocking around broke boys/men and would have her own standards for her kind of men. It’s perfectly understandable.

The problem is a broke, hungry, jobless, poorly paid Nigerian girl setting “standards”. It’s absurd! It’s madness! That’s why smart men ask “what do you have to offer”?

Don’t say “aside money...” because that money is key and as long as Nigerian men are at the top of the money chain, women will continue to depend on us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
Iamgrey5:
5000 naira a month cry

As a lady, I am more concerned about the investment the guy has made as against what he earns cry

Anything can happen in this Nigerian society o jare cry

huh?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

Talking about discrimination, who discriminates single women? is it not the same WOMEN? so I reckon this issue should be addressed by women in the 1st instance cos from all ur convo, there was no one peice of advice in how a single lady should structure themselves so that the stand at a position of choice rather as want.Look I have 5 sisters behind me, i tell them teh gospel truth, get ur degree work hard and place ur self amongst a position where you can choose rather waiting to be chosen and like this, they all listen to me as bigger bross.As we speak our last born finished her Nursing in 9ja and Im paying for her to go to the US to finish up so she can have a fast start in Life,My dear life is tough if you are not up to the task of the day you will by the line waiting to be picked sad but this is reality

Good one, with helping your sister get a head start. But I still sense the fear you're subtly instilling. You call it structure but it's still there. If they were guys will you think it's an important issue? By position of choice, you mean getting a guy while still young and attractive? well, reality check; it will not happen this way for everyone and if one of your five sisters don't get it right according to you, will you still offer support, help and necessary encouragement she needs if she has to be single even in old age or will you accept that she should be the topic of jokes and be disrespected as it's currently happening for those in the group? we've programmed our minds to only one outcome but there are several ways people can end up, what will you say to a daughter that wants to be a Reverend sister, if you're Catholic?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
But a community prick with no moral values, a man with no domestic or homely skills, a proud man with an inflated ego is more than qualified to set the standard for a homely virgin with great domestic/homely skills who is also humble? Can you see your hypocrisy? The word ‘standard’ only becomes an issue when it’s set by a woman. Men desire traits in women that they do not have themselves allllll the fricking time and guess what? Nobody cares. This is not even about a gender war, I really just want women to wake up and smell the coffee. You are being conditioned to accept the worst for yourself because society tells you, you can’t ask for more. It’s disgusting.

10 likes!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
nwanneni:
like say you know.
That one sef na 34 she be then.her slogan then na "I am ageless and a daughter of grace"...
I just dey laugh for my mind grin grin grin ageless kee you there!
She be take like 8years senior me then cheesy
I dey see her status on WhatsApp she come be like say she dey 45 now cheesy I dodge bullet there walahi.
I met her e no reach better one week she come dey shout marriage up and down unto say time no dey again grin
I just kupu cool wetin I go tell my mama say I go look for there? undecided
Better money she no get,old age don near,Toto don collapse.....etc grin
My brother say if to say n.a. daughter of Dangote now ehheeen!he go support,not one ordinary comfortable girl grin grin

Why are you so pained?

Has your depression left you? Hmm? Logobenz. See how you're throwing up expletives all over the thread.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by philip0906(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:

A man who has money or makes more than enough should set the standards: he’s at the driver seat. He has the bargaining chip which is quantifiable and measurable-money. He will only be matched by a woman who has as much as he has and that’s where the issue of moral character and all can come to play-negotiation.

As long as women don’t work towards been independent and match their male counterparts in the money chain, a man will continue to drive the narrative.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
philip0906:

I see your point but what's the equivalent derogatory name you all have for men with the above description?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:

Spot on!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Why are you so pained?

Has your depression left you? Hmm? Logobenz. See how you're throwing up expletives all over the thread.
Yes,I'm alive,kicking and on the move again cool
Rock and roll,fast life it is for me wink
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
philip0906:

A man who has money or makes more than enough should set the standards: he’s at the driver seat. He has the bargaining chip which is quantifiable and measurable-money. He will only be matched by a woman who has as much as he has and that’s where the issue of moral character and all can come to play-negotiation.

As long as women don’t work towards been independent and match their male counterparts in the money chain, a man will continue to drive the narrative.
you sabi! cool
Chop knuckle
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Good one, with helping your sister get a head start. But I still sense the fear you're subtly instilling. You call it structure but it's still there. If they were guys will you think it's an important issue? By position of choice, you mean getting a guy while still young and attractive? well, reality check; it will not happen this way for everyone and if one of your five sisters don't get it right according to you, will you still offer support, help and necessary encouragement she needs if she has to be single even in old age or will you accept that she should be the topic of jokes and be disrespected as it's currently happening for those in the group? we've programmed our minds to only one outcome but there are several ways people can end up, what will you say to a daughter that wants to be a Reverend sister, if you're Catholic?

if my sister says she wants to be a rev I would support her, my JOB is supporting not dictate, this is where you are getting me mixed up, no one is dictating rather helping and support is the watchword, now that's family for you. We do that well in Africa better than the Europeans. There is no fear in helping one's sister get a head start as regards age, yes this is true sad reality but it's true we can't sugarcoat it. tell me would not like a young, attractive,well to do and educated woman for a wife?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by philip0906(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I see your point but what's the equivalent derogatory name you all have for men with the above description?
Unfortunately, it’s biased. Reason women should strive to match their male counterparts by balancing the very unbalanced money ratio, not all the trivial nonsense they fight over in the name of feminism.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

lazy youth grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Olawrites: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
U all should STFU!!!!!

FAKE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Preasty: 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
I believe it is your ability to plan well with what you have that determines the financial success in the family.

But a man should strive for financial stability before marriage to be able to cater for immediate needs and also try to invest.

40-50k should be a good start.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"Don't Go To Their House If You Don't Want Sex" - Lady Says On Twitter / 2 Nairalanders Airforce1 And Pinkjacket9 Love Up In New Photos / Look At What Girl I Have Being Chasing For 6 Months Sent Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.