Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,654 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? (59670 Views)

How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage / How Much Should A Woman Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Originalsly: 2:51am On Jun 02, 2019
Depends on cost of living where he intends to live. If he plans to live in the village he can live twice as better earning half as much as a man in Lagos.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by abbey621(m): 2:53am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

we value kids more in Africa cheesy cheesy

I laugh grin

an average American /European cannot sponsor their kids to college
I will disagree with Europe because university is as good as free in most European countries for Europeans with the exception of day that Use Less UK...
so that does not count

But for the USA you are correct

colkege is tens of thousands of dollars and they will need to take student loans to meet up...

even with the abysmally low fees in NiggerArea
how many parents in Nigeria actually foot the bills of their kids in NigeriA?

even at less than 200 $

many still struggle to meet uo.
now think pf what happens if the school fees is like 400k per annum
how many parents in poverty Nigeria can pay?

and for one to be working just minimum wage jobs in America "-X
that means the person is not skilled

But that is beside the topic

Planning is key and that is my point
Africans need to adjust their mindset

Western couples I tell them that they don't know what they have by having a relatively structured system and mindset that helps them plan

NIGERIA lipsrsealed
that means the person is not skilled

Well I can only speak for myself and those I grew up around back in the 90s, I can't speak of today's indomie generation parents. As far as I'm concerned most of our mothers and fathers back then would climb mountains to find solutions to their kids physical, spiritual and emotional pain. Everyone was taken care of including extended families, something foreigners rarely do.

Moving on, you'll be surprised there are more Americans closer to the minimum wage than actual liveable wage, skilled or unskilled. Yes planning is the key but the reason planning works in foreign countries for average citizens and works less in Nigeria is because of the structure you mentioned. Nigeria lacks the basic structure for average working class citizens to plan effectively. For example, the American dream, own a house, car and savings is all possible because of the structure the government implemented even with that no American can achieve the American dream by making less than $1000 per month, it's just IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Lexusgs430: 2:54am On Jun 02, 2019
SlamvipeR:

Well that's the point she won't, why marry a broke guy especially these days where women think that the numbers in a guy bank account determined the level of being happy together under the same roof.

Nah who wan suffer........ Surfer of the tide with a poor bank balance, makes the suffering, abi nah surfering *2......

Nah love we go chop..............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 02, 2019
Na wa o
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Illinois should be a cheaper place to spread our tentacles, don't you think? grin

Hmm okay, you must have someone in Illinois I guess.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 3:13am On Jun 02, 2019
deltateam:

Your suitor is in police EFCC custody.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 02, 2019
There is no one right answer.
Several factors come into play.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Jaymaxxy(m): 3:37am On Jun 02, 2019
Josuha entering with Burna Boy's YE
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad
And what are you earning?.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by nedubest(m): 4:13am On Jun 02, 2019
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by ogbonti: 4:15am On Jun 02, 2019
All U mentioning at least 200k, na small pikin dey worry una.Most billionaires 2day got married to their wives when they were making a value of 75k naira a month . I am talking of the purchasing power of that money in today's naira. A man who has N100 M in his account who is a financial illiterate will 1 day serve the man who makes 100k a month who is sensible and married 's loyal diligent wife who makes 75K a month.building Wealth is strategic endeavor, not present value item!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by tohyorsih(f): 4:24am On Jun 02, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Nothing less than 1.5 million

Washey re!

Your head is correct grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 4:26am On Jun 02, 2019
Las las na women de promote yahoo+ going by the comments from ladies so far abeg wetin be minimum wage Okay lets say a guy struggles in this difficult country of ours now to keep up, on your path na just to sidon de watch zee world and telemundo Little wonder feminists and evening newspaper go continue to increasegringringrin later dem go begin de wail upandan and food is ready for f*boys

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Bhorbymills1990: 4:27am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Y r u still lookin for Ned Nwoko wen am here for u wink
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 02, 2019
All these ladies mentioning some difficult targets here. Pls are u guys commodities

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by femi4: 4:39am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

In civil Service, you ll get close to director cadre before you can earn that much. So a man has to wait till he's 40 before settling down
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by jackals(f): 4:46am On Jun 02, 2019
I'm not trying to sugarcoat here please, neither am I trying to act a saint. But to be sincere, I am more attuned to a man's sense of self than his money or any other thing. A man that is sensible enough to hold me through life, who love me and will never leave me for any other. thats all that matter to me.

This dosnt mean I dont like money. I like money pass money self, but it is not my priority, it is just a plus

9 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by jackals(f): 4:50am On Jun 02, 2019
ibkayee:
iamgrey5

You've always come across as one of those deliberately humble guys who go out of their way to not appear as rich, successful, smart etc as they really are by the way lol

To me anyway cheesy

Won't be surprised if you're one billionaire's son cheesy

I smell DM flying around. Hmm wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 02, 2019
Marriage isn't exactly about money she, it's about how you guys flow together
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by jackals(f): 5:11am On Jun 02, 2019
Awe4luv:
how does one explain to ladies that those poor looking or moderately dressed guys are the ones with legit fat bank account....I just wanna help

I agree. I have always known this

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 5:20am On Jun 02, 2019
lefulefu:
cheesy depends on d number of wives u planning to marry and d number of children u planning to have.

And the standard of living he is planning to have. If he earns like 40k, they should stay in face me I face you so that he doesn't struggle with big expenses.

But the truth is that most guys have other sources of income.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 02, 2019
Any amount that is stable will be fine cos that will allow u plan within ur means and remain there..
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by jackals(f): 5:25am On Jun 02, 2019
deltateam:

Your suitor is in police custody.

Evans, Perhaps
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Sanchez01: 5:39am On Jun 02, 2019
Apina:
Someone should please remind me what the minimum wage is
It isn't about the minimum wage. It's true that fingers aren't equal but then, condemning someone's daughter to a suffer head life when you don't have enough is cruel.

Cost of living in the desired state is a huge factor to consider before getting married. 50,000 won't do Jack in states as Lagos and maybe Abuja but would do much in states like Osun and Oyo. The trick is learning to love within your means and developing a saving culture. Plus, it would no doubt be a horror show if a couple would depend on 50k. They'd no doubt feed like paupers.

It makes more sense and cushions the hardship when the woman brings something to the table. Other than this, it is suicidal.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Grupo(m): 5:40am On Jun 02, 2019
Phenomenal16:
No matter how much a guy is earning ..if u as a wife can't manage it effectively then it won't be enough.... No amount is too little or big...u r his manager...

By d way how much are u making as a lady....u think all d responsibilities shld fall on him uh?

U shld check how hard working d guy is....what's his long term goals?....wen u miss a man wit a vision u will one day watch him in ur television... Don't go n marry moni miss road because of moni

U don't judge a book by d cover

Oya, come and marry me!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 02, 2019
HeliosHay:

I understand. That's why I said personally - it's what I feel comfortable with.

I don't want to bring kids into this world that I can't train properly.
You have been brainwashed into a wrong ideology, if you like be waiting to have milloins of naira before you plant a seed into this world.

I won't tell you the repercussions of your decision but will allow you keep living in your delusion till the Utopia regret set in at the point time.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by concho(m): 5:42am On Jun 02, 2019
ibkayee:

Not necessarily money, just used that as an example. My point is that you seem like one of those people who deliberately play down or act oblivious about their...feats, 'skills' etc cheesy
E don do nah
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by concho(m): 5:46am On Jun 02, 2019
Michelle55:
Here to read comments, boo-boo biko coman join me let's know how much we will be needing at the end of the day
can we talk
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by ehinmowo: 5:48am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

how much is your current pay?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 02, 2019
Never depend on a salary job alone when considering marriage. Except you are the hard hearted kind and a risk taker.
Have some side biz .

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by dake40(m): 6:00am On Jun 02, 2019
jackals:
I'm not trying to sugarcoat here please, neither am I trying to act a saint. But to be sincere, I am more attuned to a man's sense of self than his money or any other thing. A man that is sensible enough to hold me through life, who love me and will never leave me for any other. thats all that matter to me.

This dosnt mean I dont like money. I like money pass money self, but it is not my priority, it is just a plus

The point is

what are you bringing to the table?

Your post is all about you and you and not what you're offering your man to keep you strong.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by africanusvu(m): 6:03am On Jun 02, 2019
I married when my salary was #34000 in 2012.no car,no bicycle.no house lives in one room face me i face you in ontsha as a road construction engr.in anambra.and a graduate.by 2014 i have already bought two good cars.promoted and earns #197000.bought a land in owerri and developed it.today.i lives comfortable with four kids still doing same job and same location,Well.marrying poor or rich doesnt mater rather ur hard work and closeness to God and more important is PATIENCE

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Girls: What Attracts You The Most In Boys? / Best Break Up/ Cheating/regret/ Bad Relationship Songs. Top 50 My Favourites. / Businessman Releases The Names Of Women He Has Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.