Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

What Was Your First Job Abroad? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Was Your First Job Abroad? (13246 Views)

First Job Abroad / Job Abroad / Summer Job Abroad Before Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Ndipe(m): 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2007
I wonder, that is why I blame the Nigerian government for subjecting us immigrants to the upheaval we experience abroad. If Nigeria was better, tell me, what would I be doing in America, apart from occasional visits?

@minutue. What your cousin did was heartless, but I hope you forgive her.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by minute(f): 2:00am On Jul 16, 2007
dat was about a yr and a half ago.yes ive forgiven here long time ago-tell me why do i go to church and listen to Gods words if i cant forgive? she even marvels @ how quickly ive blended whenever she sees mii.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by anusule(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2007
may God help us all. omo, standing no easy atall. you stand, bend your back and pick heavy goods for eight hours and they dont even encourage you, they make you feel ur not even workin your ass out. what the Bleep?
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by dblock(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2007
Jobs are easy to get here.

And if you aint got a job, there's always Centre Link down the road, they'll kindly give you a high paying pension. It's a lot of paperwork, but if you are legible, you will get it
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by MP007(m): 8:58am On Aug 21, 2007
worked at a nurisng home in WACO-TEXAS
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2007
babyosisi:

The one I would have never done anyway is wash dead bodies.
Instead I for return to naija
I no fit.

he he he he he he he!  Laff wan kill me oh!  Sometimes it is diffucult to differentiate the living from the dead!  First job was baby sitting for a Nigerian couple as a live-in---no paper na!----six days and six nights was a kind of lock down--only Sunday off for "conjugal visits"!!! tongue ------- embarassed  Then waka enter "shit" business as nursing assistant for six freaking years till I graduated from school with the real deal---Thank you Jisos!   Those were brutal days! cry

The saddest part of my job was when my temp agency sent me to an "abortion" clinic as a CNA to take vital signs and monitor ladies in the recovery room---as a relief staff.  I still have nightmares till today!  Wetin eye see, my mouth no fit talk am! Just one day was enough!  My legs did not ever smell any thing close to that area---again lai lai!!!!.   Chai!!!!! It is well.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by chiegemba(f): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2007
worked retail. "8hrs of standing" wanted 2 die d 1st day
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by omoge(f): 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2007
wow @ bebelove. that's life o my sister.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2007
BABEELOVE:

he he he he he he he! Laff wan kill me oh! Sometimes it is diffucult to differentiate the living from the dead! First job was baby sitting for a Nigerian couple as a live-in[sub[b]]---no paper na!----six days and six nights was a kind of lock down--only Sunday off for "conjugal visits"!!! tongue [/sub]------- embarassed Then waka enter "shit" business as nursing assistant for six freaking years till I graduated from school with the real deal[/b]---Thank you Jisos! Those were brutal days! cry

The saddest part of my job was when my temp agency sent me to an "abortion" clinic as a CNA to take vital signs and monitor ladies in the recovery room---as a relief staff. I still have nightmares till today! Wetin eye see, my mouth no fit talk am! Just one day was enough! My legs did not ever smell any thing close to that area---again lai lai!!!!. Chai!!!!! It is well.

My sister I hear you.
Me too I did home health aide weekends when I was a grad student.
America has a way of training one to start from the bottom.
Thankfully I wasn't in that for lonng.
To many of us it takes a bit of adjustment to do such jobs judging from our upbringing of having househelps and drivers.
I learnt a lot while I did those jobs and wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

the good thing about us is that Nigerians are hard workers.

People come in here being security men and KFC fryers and within a short time they graduate from school and move on to better things
buy houses and cars and start living the so called American dream.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2007
Yes oh, my people!  If only Nigeria better!  Nothing would have made me come over here.  I say nothing in this whole wide world.  But as we are in it, we are in it to stay.  To go back is a problem.  You have too many emotional and physical investments chaining you down to the ground. 

Just hear say armed robbers kill one naija babe living in America less than a week ago.  Left her husband and kids to go and visit her mother oh! After working so hard as a nurse for over 20 years!  She was planning her "relocation" gradually back home. She carry plenty plenty shit money go Naija dey build. That was one of the results.

Na "pump action" gang she meet for night in her bedroom.  All bullets emptied into her chest.  So damn if you do and damn if you don't!

Na wah oh!  God dey sha!!!! smiley
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Iman3(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Just hear say arm robbers kill one naija babe living in America less than a week ago.  Left her husband and kids to go and visit her mother oh! After working hard as a nurse for over 20 years!  She was planning her "relocation" gradually back home.  That was one of the results.

Na "pump action" gang she meet for night in her bedroom.  All bullets emptied into her chest.  So damn if you do and damn if you don't!

Na wah oh!  God dey sha!!!! smiley

Did this happen in Anambra? I heard a similar story about a nurse who came back to Anambra and was killed,but this was a few months ago.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2007
Sorry--editing! This was just last week. I forget the details. A friend of mine was friends with the deceased lady. I did not know the deceased personally. But this my good friend is on her way to Nigeria with the deceased family for burial. Sad oh! sad
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by omoge(f): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2007
it's sad you know. it's really sad the way she died.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2007
you heard the story abi omoge?
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Iman3(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2007
Having re-read it,I don't think it was the same nurse.This one came back with her kids to Nigeria.She was seperated from her husband who lives in Nigeria and there was some suspicion that he was behind the murder.The kids had to be smuggled out of the country since the father was trying to obtain custody.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2007
This incident is not even 2 weeks old.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by omoge(f): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2007
wetin i never hear my sister? too many. my friends and I after class we sit to hear the latest news from motherland and it is not always palatable. it's scary you know.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
We will keep praying. Later my dears. Make I go pack my own shit oh! grin
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by omoge(f): 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2007
lol you take care wink
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2007
naija is scary o.
I'm telling you but God dey
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2007
omoge:

lol you take care wink

babyosisi:

naija is scary o.
I'm telling you but God dey

Wey these babes sef  Una no dey tire to pack shit?  Osisi you can say that again.  I am planning to go after Xmas--I think I will go straight to my village and hide there through out!  No city people life for me oh! grin
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by omoge(f): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2007
i dey, just went to watch Oprah (she no dey pack shit) grin. yeah, i was thinking city is saver than the village. ojuju owl plenty  grin
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2007
omoge:

i dey, just went to watch Oprah (she no dey pack shit) grin. yeah, i was thinking city is saver than the village. ojuju owl plenty  grin

Oprah dry these days.  No juju for mai village oh!  Very peace loving people! wink  Agenegbode live!!!!!
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Oprah dry these days. No juju for mai village oh! Very peace loving people! wink Agenegbode live!!!!!

armed robbers are now in the villages too.
They know people are avoiding townships so they've moved shop too.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2007
babyosisi:

armed robbers are now in the villages too.
They know people are avoiding townships so they've moved shop too.

Not for my town Agenegbode! We do not have such there! Luxurious buses do not come near our roads. grin
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 23, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Not for my town Agenegbode! We do not have such there! Luxurious buses do not come near our roads. grin

LOL.If I were an armed robber I won't come there either.
The name alone will scare them
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:02am On Aug 23, 2007
babyosisi:

LOL.If I were an armed robber I won't come there either.
The name alone will scare them

he he he he he he! Na you sabi oh! grin E no better pass Aroindizogwu----or what ever the heck that village is called somewhere in the east! If you come to Agene, you will love life.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by omoge(f): 12:19am On Aug 23, 2007
lol  grin grin babyosisi you eh  grin

no talk am abeg. Agenegbode (used to be in bendel but currently delta) please siddon there, ojuju plenty  grin

they speak like Auchi if i can remember, sorry if am wrong.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2007
omoge:

lol grin grin babyosisi you eh grin

no talk am abeg. Agenegbode (used to be in bendel but currently delta) please siddon there, ojuju plenty grin

they speak like Auchi if i can remember, sorry if am wrong.

no mind osisi---make she dey fain trouble! grin I do not know where you guys see all these ojuju that you are talking about. I have never been a believer in such crap! You only believe what you know.
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by omoge(f): 12:50am On Aug 23, 2007
well, i no know oo na so i hear say them dey fly for night for all those area. grin grin
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:02am On Aug 23, 2007
You hear? Or what you know? Don't mnd them. Always looking for people to blame their lack of success on. Any body who truly practices such fetish things in Nigeria must be very idle. No until they can make the juju that can catch oyinbo people will I believe in such!!!!! wink
Re: What Was Your First Job Abroad? by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 23, 2007
babeelove don't kid yourself O.
Juju is alive and well in Naija.
I have testimonies of how prayers dealt with some.
Ignorance is no excuse O.

You better step up your prayer and facting before they deal with you grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Passengers Disrupt Arik’s Services At Lagos Airport / Studying In France. / Five Die As Trailer Crashes Into Commercial Bus In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.