Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (47858 Views)

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 10:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
Daeylar:
Poor girl has really suffered. Ordinary washing plate he will stop paying school fees? Such a little thing and he is taking such drastic actions. Was it really that deep? probably thinks she won't be survive without him so feels he can do anyhow he pleases to her over little issues. That's why such a little thing he wants to stop paying her school fees.
I'm glad her mum is supporting her. I hope she does away with such a manipulative Draconian "father" the way he has done away with her and finds her way without him..

Topics like this come up yet people keep wondering nonstop why it seems mothers are celebrated more than fathers.

Can't believe people are supporting and making excuses for his actions , using feminism as an excuse and as their scapegoat.

Just a question...

Can you tell your own father to wash his plates after a meal?

To all,

This has nothing to do with feminism, but very, very bad parenting.
If a child can have such effrontery to attempt such, then the foundation of bad manners , ettiquettes and respect has been seriously compromised.
If the father sees this as an appropriate punishment so as to right the wrongs already manifesting in his daughter's life, then he should not be questioned.
It is his money, and his responsibility to take note of the implication of his actions.
In my opinion, he simply passed a message which unfortunately the mother is failing to see.... Giving me a responsibility implies you are capable of handling responsibilities your self, like taking care of your fees.

If I were the father, I would simply relocate her back to Nigeria to study here so that I will be certain that she will be complete both in learning and in character.

9 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by MikeBetty(m): 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
She Will Come To Social Media To Eulogise The Man On Fathers Day, But Inside The House She Has No Regard For Him. Social Media Live Are 99% Fake And Women Are 80% Culprit.

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by TSRC: 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Daeylar:
It's shocking. If there was something she did that was so bad that the father had no choice but to refuse to pay the fees it would be a different issue. But not that she told her dad to wash plate and because of that he has refused to pay her fees. Nah. Too harsh.

She told her father paying heavily for her education to go and wash plate without fear, and you think his reaction is harsh?
Okay.

4 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by alexola20(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2019

6 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by sunkoye: 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Paying school fees or not.... this one is lost already. Money don Lost patapata.

5 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
paraltero:
The funny thing is this article never explicitly said she was rude or said it in a manner that lacked respect. The article only implied from what was said that it must have been rude.

What if she's busy and couldn't do his dishes and asked him to do it himself so dirty dishes wouldn't stay stinking up the kitchen.

Besides, prior to this, she must have been doing his dishes so for her to ask him to do it himself, there has to be a context we aren't getting.

But of course, in their haste to justify their regular bashing of feminism, Nigerian men are already here, because food done done for them.

My God! Did you just write this?
Societal values have gone to the dogs!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by dangotesmummy: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Poor girl,

She read and took the feminism handbook too serious.
this has nothing to do with feminism.it's extremeelllllyyyy rude to tell your dad to wash his plates.haba.that's the height of it.face the wrong behavior and don't blame it on feminism. Feminism doesn't equate lack of courtesy and manners. She pushed her limits

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Georgry(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
bukatyne:

Who will pay at OSU? grin

she can start doing commercial plates na
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by AnanseK(m): 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
This particular issue is not between a man and a woman. It is between a parent and his offspring. A father and his daughter.

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by MarianaTrench: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
SageMK:
Trivia things like domestic duty stand as the epitome of respect to the African man. Take that away and you hurt his ego. I thought worst case scenario was to stone her with slippers but this, not paying her school fees is new.

Stone her with slippers so that the UK social services will have him arrested for Child Abuse?
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Omoluabi16(m): 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
Inception:

My God! Did you just write this?
Societal values have gone to the dogs!!!!!
No sir. It is 2019, and civilization is here to stay.We are now modern, and our lifestyle needs no values to adhere to, Nor culture to uphold. It is a time of anything goes.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by gerizzim: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
D dota instructing her father to wash his plate is not our culture in Nigeria.

. It smacks off over familiarity and contempt to the head of the home. More like an insult . Gal was very wrong saying such to her father.

D Moda sef wen suppose act nd talk like a cultured nigerian messed d tin up maybe d Moda statement was wt added to d man's harsh decision.

The father on the Oda hand, responded too harsh abdicating his responsibility to pay the deviants school fees

1 Like

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by hobat4cash(m): 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
Daeylar:
Poor girl has really suffered. Ordinary washing plate he will stop paying school fees? Such a little thing and he is taking such drastic actions. Was it really that deep? probably thinks she won't survive without him so feels he can do anyhow he pleases to her over little issues. That's why such a little thing he wants to stop paying her school fees.
I'm glad her mum is supporting her. I hope she does away with such a manipulative Draconian "father" the way he has done away with her and finds her way without him..

Topics like this come up yet people keep wondering nonstop why it seems mothers are celebrated more than fathers.

Can't believe people are supporting and making excuses for his actions , using feminism as an excuse and as their scapegoat.

Trash

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
Omoluabi16:
No sir. It is 2019, and civilization is here to stay.We are now modern, and our lifestyle needs no values to adhere to, Nor culture to uphold. It is a time of anything goes.

No wahala.

When you have a daughter or a son, the day you get her/ him angry and she / he slaps you for it, May God punish you if you dare complain. After all, we are in the 21st century or as you say it, civilization has come to stay.

Hypocrite

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
Just stopped her from going back to UK �� let her school in Nigeria and learn how to respect
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
kunkelhanspeter:
Just stopped her from going back to UK �� let her school in Nigeria and learn how to respect

Exactly what I would do.

I will not deny her education, neither will I deny her sound character and good manners

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
paraltero:
The funny thing is this article never explicitly said she was rude or said it in a manner that lacked respect. The article only implied from what was said that it must have been rude.

What if she's busy and couldn't do his dishes and asked him to do it himself so dirty dishes wouldn't stay stinking up the kitchen.

Besides, prior to this, she must have been doing his dishes so for her to ask him to do it himself, there has to be a context we aren't getting.

But of course, in their haste to justify their regular bashing of feminism, Nigerian men are already here, because food done done for them.

No matter what she’s doing asking your father to wash plate after eating is very wrong
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by luminouz(m): 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
Daeylar:
Poor girl has really suffered. Ordinary washing plate he will stop paying school fees? Such a little thing and he is taking such drastic actions. Was it really that deep? probably thinks she won't survive without him so feels he can do anyhow he pleases to her over little issues. That's why such a little thing he wants to stop paying her school fees.

Lmaooooooooo

Did I just read this from you
Can u do such a thing to ur own popsy?? shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
This has nothing to do with feminism. This is purely a bad attitude displayed by a spoilt child. She must have got spoilt after relocating to live abroad. Feminism does not encourage females to be disobedient to their parents.

grin feminism is like cancer it has stages ,obviously that gurl was @ the final stage of feminism, its start gradually with been rude with males around, then it metamorphous to seein your hubby as a deadbeat, well if the man aint stupid in luv he send her back to are father's house ,these where the final stage occurs a gurl start to see her father as equals ..
feminism in naija context is a war against men, imagine a woman that solely enjoys happy mother's 15times in a year will still greedily wish herself happy father's day ... just one day they cannt spare a man

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Inception(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
kunkelhanspeter:

No matter what she’s doing asking your father to wash plate after eating is very wrong

You dey mind am? Many hypocrites here. I can swear with my left ball that she will not take such nonsense from her own child.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Her FATHER would wish he had ABORTED HER.
MEN should be encouraged to wear CONDOMS now oooo, especially now useless KIDS on the spree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Biglittlelois(f): 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
MJBOLT:
you say it like it is something bad

It's not, I have no qualms with those who are.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
alexola20:
IMHO,I think the mother has been disrespecting the man in the presence of the daughter b4.And she still supporting the unruly girl with her bad attitude.
That girl will forever remain single.

A girl that doesn't respect her own father will never respect her boyfriend or husband.
May GOD BLESS YOU.
u have hit the Nail on the head.
She should Get herself a PLASTIC JOYSTICK.
EEDIOT...!!!

If I were her DAD, I will invite her to NIGERIA and destroy her traveling documents as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
This has nothing to do with feminism. This is purely a bad attitude displayed by a spoilt child. She must have got spoilt after relocating to live abroad. Feminism does not encourage females to be disobedient to their parents.

U are still in the old feminism train.... the new feminism is war against men, it doesn’t matter if he’s a father, brother, cousin....soon the fight will get to their make children..:..in a few years we are going to have more spermm banks flourishing cos women won’t even want men to have sex with them anymore.... it would be pure discrimination against women for men to solely have the penis while they don’t

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Shinjitsu: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Any black woman that supports feminism is a big fool and shouldn't be black

Idiots
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by xperiencelove(m): 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
Daeylar:

So a father that sent his daughter to school abroad deserves all these? When a lot of father's like him doesn't care about their children. I hate the words I bold in your comment. There are many people (even friend)
you will loose and never come across anyone that will be or appreciate you like him/her. Please, desist from such statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Ikpongiton: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
this is the type of children that will come,when a woman is on top of a man,during intercourse

2 Likes

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by iomoge2(f): 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
That child is a bastard

I won’t even tell my husband to do dishes
He helps at his own free will

I know how to have him help me get things done

No by opening my mouth and spewing rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Ipisi(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

Tell them oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
And she will go to her boyfriends house to go and hold burglary and still wash plate and boxers..

Omààlè jàtíjàtí..... child that they should have use to do ritual sinceeeeeee....
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by Goalnaldo(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
Refusing to pay her school fees might not be the best decision after all the girl might take care of him in his old age. He should have just stoned her his slippers.
Re: Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Well, your comments are your opinion, go ahead and describe feminism the way you wish. But that silly attitude of the girl is not feminism. I don't know what you mean by feminism in nija context, but you can find the definition of feminism if you goggle it. Being rude to men like you mentioned, has nothing to do with wether a lady is a feminist or not, it all boils down to character of the lady. A non feminist lady with bad character, may still treat a man bad if she has a bad nature, while a feminist who is naturally well bred will treat her man right. Many females love their fathers, far better than their mothers. For a daughter to have the nerve to tell her father to wash plates show the poor upbringing she had.
ericsmith:

grin feminism is like cancer it has stages ,obviously that gurl was @ the final stage of feminism, its start gradually with been rude with males around, then it metamorphous to seein your hubby as a deadbeat, well if the man aint stupid in luv he send her back to are father's house ,these where the final stage occurs a gurl start to see her father as equals ..
feminism in naija context is a war against men, imagine a woman that solely enjoys happy mother's 15times in a year will still greedily wish herself happy father's day ... just one day they cannt spare a man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Baby Girl Born With Werewolf Syndrome In India / 9 Lies You Need To Stop Believing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.