Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? (26362 Views)

I Reached Out To The Parents That Lost Their 4 Kids In Fire / Photos Of 6 Girls Who Lost Their Parents Under 1 Year / Please Help, I Am A Man But, I Behave Feminine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2019
merahki:

I saw your mention
Good morning
I like you!!!
Cheers

Thanks.
I could not resist. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

Okay this makes sense and I already believe this to be true, but what I was telling you is that these chics here keep saying that their mothers hated the situation, but couldn't speak up.
That's their own version.

I didn't dispute your assertion, I said 'even the people you're typing for dont believe this'.

I can't go searching for comments, but one girl/woman/suckling baby on this thread actually typed that her mother has told her she's happy that young girls of today don't have to go through what they went through back then.

Now that I think of it, these chics here are quite fond of typing unverified unrealistic stuff anyway. NL is a world on its own.

As at that time, she was indifferent about it. Her eyes just opened now & discovered that she can actually leave a Bad Marriage, Women suffer & are unhappy those days too but THEY BELIEVE staying & praying for your Husband who keeps beating you is the right way to do things. No one actually told them they could leave & the world would not end.

For example, you can only ask Google a question about "Feminism" because you have heard the word somewhere. I can bet that many of our parents Never knew there was a word called "Feminism", talk more of It's definition. So they simply DO NOT KNOW.

5 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

See person... grin

Lol
I don’t, and wouldn’t though, I think
Just stating facts of what went thru my mind
Cos someone mentioned doctor and boobs and I automatically processed them as me !(I joke)
@ the arguments especially with regards to sex
I just remembered my initial analysis of you
I was mostly right, I am good!
Good morning
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol.

Are you sure you've been paying attention? Myself & Bukatyne disagree more than we agree.
What are you on about? cheesy

Wayoooooo!
When it comes to feminism and misogyny, you agree more than you disagree. wink

I C U ! wink

Na today? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

Wayoooooo!
When it comes to feminism and misogyny, you agree more than you disagree. wink

I C U ! wink

Na today? cheesy
Lol..
Me I can take being called a misogynist and anti-feminist on NL, I don't have who I'm toasting or want to toast here.

But if you think she is a misogynist or anti-feminist, the joke is on you oo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by desvi: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

Gossssh!
I have a lot of demons I swear. grin
They are never after me o. We are very good friends and we PARTY a lot. IN PEACE.cool

Your OP keeps fighting with hers and constantly opens some disturbing threads to unleash them on some unsuspecting “gullibles” who don’t know their lefts from their centers or rights.

I had the misfortune of going through her list of threads TODAY. . . for the first time. Boy! I was quite entertained. cheesy

You on the other hand . . . . . I will dissect at another time. One PSYCHO at a time please! cheesy

narcissistic personality disorder with sadistic tendencies
I pity his co-dependents, obviously the nicest of people
typical

3 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2019
truthsayer009:

As at that time, she was indifferent about it. Her eyes just opened now & discovered that she can actually leave a Bad Marriage, Women suffer & are unhappy those days too but THEY BELIEVE staying & praying for your Husband who keeps beating you is the right way to do things. No one actually told them they could leave & the world would not end.

For example, you can only ask Google a question about "Feminism" because you have heard the word somewhere. I can bet that many of our parents Never knew there was a word called "Feminism", talk more of It's definition. So they simply DO NOT KNOW.
I know that already.

Tell them who keep saying women back then were made to stay in bad marriages without their approval.
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2019
desvi:

typical
cheesycheesy

I'm really a 'movement' on this forum, so much so that invalid monikers I have never even give a second look know me so well.
And if we investigate, you're not even a quack doctor or native doctor, not to mention a proper doctor, yet you can diagnose. grin

Seun you ought to start paying me for bringing traffic to family section especially on threads that didn't even get to the FP.

3 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2019
merahki:

Lol
I don’t, and wouldn’t though, I think
Just stating facts of what went thru my mind
Cos someone mentioned doctor and boobs and I automatically processed them as me !
@ the arguments especially with regards to sex
I just remembered my initial analysis of you
I was mostly right,
I am good!
Good morning
Which part exactly?
The one about my stance on sexual relations, yes?

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol..
Me I can take being called a misogynist and anti-feminist, no be today.

But if you think she is a misogynist or anti-feminist, the joke is on you oo. grin

If the shoe fits!
Nothing wrong with being one.
It is the “pretense” that is annoying.
Be true to yourselves, so you can attract the right “partners”, instead of the naive or gullible who cannot detect WOLVES covered in SNAKE OIL! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2019
desvi:

typical

Many like him have come and gone ke.
I remember my days with the most satanic dudes with post-doctorate degrees in misogyny on NL like Davidylan in 2008-2009 who practically fought ALL female IDs on NL. Except those that “smelled” or looked like Ziporrah in the Bible(with this feminine-mystique bizznezz) wink. Boy! Could he quote “The Satanic Verses”? shocked
We fought from thread to thread. He is now a NL NOBODY!!! grin
Shegeeeeeeey!!!

You dared not express your sexuality around him as a female o. But awon boys got free passes grin

Crackhaus is a “learner” I swear. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

If the shoe fits!
Nothing wrong with being one.
It is the “pretense” that is annoying.
Be true to yourselves, so you can attract the right “partners”, instead of the naive or gullible who cannot detect WOLVES covered in SNAKE OIL! cheesy
Who is looking for partners? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by desvi: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

cheesycheesy

I'm really a 'movement' on this forum, so much so that invalid monikers I have never even give a second look know me so well.
And if we investigate, you're not even a quack doctor or native doctor, not to mention a proper doctor, yet you can diagnose. grin

Seun you ought to start paying me for bringing traffic to family section especially on threads that didn't even get to the FP.

your narcissism shines through every single post of yours
which leads us to some of the traits of a narcissist

has an exaggerated sense of self-importance
exaggerates achievements and talents
[and the list continues going by the comments on this thread]

let me guess
you have also problems with substance abuse of some sort and mummy issues
did she not have enough time for you or gave a sibling preferential treatment?

you don't have to suffer in silence, your nagging repressed feelings of insecurity can be treated
no need to fuel yourself with discord and mischief
it is self-destructive in the long run
recognition is the first step to betterment
don't be a dunce cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

Who is looking for partners? cheesy

On or offline you will surely find them. . . . wink

2 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

Many like him have come and gone ke.
I remember my days with the most satanic dudes with post-doctorate degrees in misogyny on NL like Davidylan in 2008-2009.

Shegeeeeeeey!!!

He is a “learner” I swear. cheesy
Na my matter una don begin table like this? grin

3 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 10:43am On Jun 21, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

On or offline you will surely find them. . . . wink
Not looking for a partner, but keep guessing. grin
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by crackhaus: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2019
desvi:

your narcissism shines through every single post of yours
which leads us to some of the traits of a narcissist

has an exaggerated sense of self-importance
exaggerates achievements and talents
[and the list continues going by the comments on this thread]

let me guess
you have also problems with substance abuse of some sort and mummy issues
did she not have enough time for you or gave a sibling preferential treatment?

you don't have to suffer in silence, your nagging repressed feelings of insecurity can be treated
no need to fuel yourself with discord and mischief
it is self-destructive in the long run
recognition is the first step to betterment
don't be a dunce cheesy
I have a feeling you're diagnosing yourself and this is all you. cheesy

Insecurity?
Substance abuse?
Mummy issues?

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by desvi: 10:52am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

I have a feeling you're diagnosing yourself and this is all you. cheesy

Insecurity?
Substance abuse?
Mummy issues?

cheesy

denial is part of the narcissistic personality disorder
but your comebacks are very lame Mr Dunce cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by CHoccolaTE: 11:12am On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

By the way, you are yet to respond to this on the other thread:

This comment still applies here..
Always take several seats at the back when you see me around.

Yes, I saw the comment on the other thread and I knew that ignoring you will pain you more than typing anything in response.
If you like deny it grin
So I ignored you and I wasn't even wrong. grin

Look at you bringing up a stupid meaningless comment that has nothing to do with this equally useless thread because you still have it in mind that I didn't reply your post.

Since yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by ibkayee(f): 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol.. You ask them na.

Wait let me help you, ibkayee do you think the women of earlier years remained in servitude to men because they didn't know any better, or because they didn't have a platform to speak up against it?

Truthsayer, wait for it...
For a lot, a mixture of both

Social conditioning shapes and reinforces mindsets, they were doing what they were taught, some believed it was right (For some, it can be argued that when you don’t know any better, there won’t be an incentive for change), but even if you were against it, society has a way of ostracising you when you fail to fit into norms so some also did it because of this, this is social force at work and it’s not something you can get rid of it in an instant

Lack of platform to speak up? Depending on the year they couldn’t even vote at one point, key positions they couldn’t take/were underrepresented in and a bunch of other laws in place restricting their rights. They should’ve posted it on Nairaland I guess.

Cc truthsayer009

3 Likes

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by Esthered: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
Acidosis:

lol. No mind me oo sugar. smiley
Okay baby boo.

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
doitforyou:
lol no don't go inventing your own language. "I like it" to most rational people is "I like it" it does not mean encouragement to do anything. People might like something doesn't mean they want to do it. Humans are capable of handling many emotions and wants.

If I tell you that I like the way you talk, I am encouraging you to continue talking that way.

Understand?
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
cococandy:
Me and you often agree on many things and disagree on many others.
But I won’t also shy away from telling you the truth when necessary. I understand you’re a conservative Christian and I respect that for you.
The problem is that recently you’ve been trying to convince everyone else to be. That’s impossible and you know it.
What happened choice?

I interestingly do not see myself as a conservative Christian because I do not even agree with some things in 'conservative Christianity'.

Everyone has the choice to do as they well; they should just be ready to face the consequences.

Once in a while, I discuss those choices with their consequences in my threads. I think it is the sexual choices that is causing an uproar. I have discussed quota system, working wives, over emphasis on the girl child, beauty in previous threads etc.

Is a woman free to be a slut? Yes. She can however not force me to see her otherwise or accept her slutty behaviour.

I find it funny that most of the people here would agree with the choices in my threads yet come here to promote negative choices without the consequences.
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
desvi:

someone has asked bukatyne recently if she was going to a new church
to my mind came the words radicalized and fundamentalist
ISIS-Bukatyne grin

just joking
sorry oo

If telling people (women in this case) to be moral is been radicalized, I will own that badge.

If you have gone through my threads in the past, this one should not surprise you.

And no, I have not changed Church.
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
truthsayer009:

No one is going back to any drawing board except there is Catastrophic event which totally removes the Internet from existence. Including this platform you're on RN.

People are going back to the drawing board silently, it has always been a part of life. Some would call it repentance.

Ever wondered why a lot of people who play the field suddenly become born-again and insist on no-sex relationships when looking for marriage?
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
crackhaus:

cheesycheesy

A mass outbreak of Dunning-Kruger's effect as evidenced on this topic, makes it hard for any forward movement mehn.

Funny.

A lot of people on this thread would not behave like the girls in the cinema in the first place.

They instinctively know it is wrong.

There is also a reason most people hide their body count when it is high: they are instinctively ashamed.

Same with other immoral behaviours.

1 Like

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by bukatyne(f): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
liberalchick:
I always find your delusions very amusing. Anyone that has to announce or brag to strangers on the internet on how smart or worldly they are, usually has no substance. You don’t even know what double standards mean, I don’t even know where to start from. I know you get off from all this back and forth, this has probably been the highlight of your day, the opportunity to flex your big brain. Flex away, let me not get in your way.

@Bold:

I see alot of people talk about double standards on this thread.

Nowhere did the author say this type of behaviour is ok in men nor did she encourage it.

Infact to prove this, she said quality men are attracted to quality girls.
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by liberalchick(f): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
If this was reflected in your post, do you think we would be here 10 pages later?

You seem to think, respecting people’s choices = promoting/encouraging said choices.

No one is forcing you to accept anything, you need to just respect people’s choices. Humans are diverse, we are of different backgrounds and cultures, you can’t expect all to be alike.

We are also capable of discussing other issues, this is the family section and we can only discuss topics that are presented.

bukatyne:

I interestingly do not see myself as a conservative Christian because I do not even agree with some things in 'conservative Christianity'.

Everyone has the choice to do as they well; they should just be ready to face the consequences.

Once in a while, I discuss those choices with their consequences in my threads. I think it is the sexual choices that is causing an uproar. I have discussed quota system, working wives, over emphasis on the girl child, beauty in previous threads etc.

Is a woman free to be a slut? Yes. She can however not force me to see her otherwise or accept her slutty behaviour.

I find it funny that most of the people here would agree with the choices in my threads yet come here to promote negative choices without the consequences.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by liberalchick(f): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2019
How is the bolded an example of double standard? You said, we are celebrating the negatives or women only want to aspire to be the bad things that some men do. My response was the negatives were highlighted to explain the double standard in society. One rule for men and another for women.

There are many women that aspire and are actually astronauts, presidents, engineers etc. We can do both, call out the double standards and go on to achieve whatever goals we set for ourselves.

bukatyne:

@Bold:

I see alot of people talk about double standards on this thread.

Nowhere did the author say this type of behaviour is ok in men nor did she encourage it.

Infact to prove this, she said quality men are attracted to quality girls.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by liberalchick(f): 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
This is an example of a double standard, why are women shamed for having a high body count, but a man is not? Why would they be instinctively shamed? Would a man have same emotions?

Because a lot of people on this thread will not behave like the girls doesn’t mean some won’t fight and protect to have a society where these girls’ choices will be as validated as a man’s. You don’t have to participate in something to fight for the right for someone else to do it. That is how organized societies are built.

What are immoral behaviors? Who decides what is immoral or not?

bukatyne:

Funny.

A lot of people on this thread would not behave like the girls in the cinema in the first place.

There is also a reason most people hide their body count when it is high: they are instinctively ashamed.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by ThothHermes: 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
bukatyne:

Funny.

There is also a reason most people women hide their body count when it is high: they are instinctively ashamed

Fixed.
tongue
Re: Have Women Lost Their Feminine Mystique? by ThothHermes: 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
liberalchick:
This is an example of a double standard, why are women shamed for having a high body count, but a man is not? Why would they be instinctively shamed? Would a man have same emotions?

Because a lot of people on this thread will not behave like the girls doesn’t mean some won’t fight and protect to have a society where these girls’ choices will be as validated as a man’s. You don’t have to participate in something to fight for the right for someone else to do it. That is how organized societies are built.

What are immoral behaviors? Who decides what is immoral or not?

Nature.

Are you trying to legislate nature

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). / Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? / My Future Wife Must Be From The Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.