Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw (65095 Views)

How Do I Change My Seat On Qatar Airways? / Nurse Who Visited Nigeria Over 35 Years Ago Moves Man To Tears In UK. Photos / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by loomer: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Wetin concern value and seat number

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Gerrard59(m): 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tonye ditto Mo were being sentimental. If Wole had desired a seat close to the window, he should have booked first. Nothing like culture here. First come, first serve.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by ochiosa(m): 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
But Prof. is a regular traveler he should have known better. unlike me na my first time to enter plane and na from Lagos to Gatwick, na three seats Dem derive me from before one lady with church mind come help me locate my seat. I nor dey forget that journey I nor even eat for that plane.

10 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by unapologetic77: 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
HAKYN1:

That is the hallmark of Osus, total disregard for elders and funny enough they are even proud of it! You wont need to tell an omoluabi to stand up for an elderly person in such situation, he will naturally do that because courtesy is intuitively imbibed in an average omoluabi. The last time a picture a picture of a boy prostrating for Buhari during his visit to Ambode was posted on nairaland, pigdi*tic idiots from erosion ravaged red mud barren land of the Osus called if servitude because they dont have history let alone culture.
I'm Yoruba i will do the same thing of what value is Soyinka to the guy,in no follow dem dey campaign for buhari all because he hate obj Bleep any body wey support this bloodsucking Govt

12 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Temple1288(m): 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
superability:
Apostle Joshua Selman of Koinonia once had similar encounter with Prof Soyinka too.
The air hostess wanted even tell Prof Soyinka to stand up, but Apostle rebuked her that she should respect the man that he will seat on any available seat.
African values is fasting fading away.

Lest I forget tomorrow is Apostle Joshua Selman's birthday

Let thunders from Otobo's left breast and Danielle Okeke's big booty strike you and your Apostle!

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
DrRasheed:
It is only rude if he said without manners.

Don't be stupid. There's no decent way to tell an octogenarian to stand up. What is really wrong with the people of this generation ?

6 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Gerrard59(m): 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Why would Soyinka take the man's seat in the first place?

/

We're told he's an elder even when he wasn't 'elderly' enough to have booked first.

I'm proud of the lad.

8 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Miles300: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
Elders should also learn to abide to rules and procedures those one saying he will get wat he deserves are silly !! Wasn’t wole assigned his own seat number in the first place ? This is the reason why things don’t work in this country !! Sentiment is alys attached !! because he is this leave am , because his a pastor leave am !! Until we start doing the right thing at the right time we will never get as a nation ..

10 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by TeraHawks: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
Wole Soyinka is SHIT.

FUCKING ENTITLED MOTHERFUCKA

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by HomeOfMe(f): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
Muttee:
Business executive, Tonye Cole narrated an incident he witnessed on a plane between renowned writer Wole Soyinka and a Nigerian man.

Tonye Cole said Mr Wole Soyinka got on the plane and took the window seat. When the young man assigned the seat boarded, he insisted Mr Soyinka leaves his seat. Others on the plane, including the crew members, begged the young man to let the Nobel Laureate have his seat. But the man insisted on sitting where he was assigned.

Mr Cole said this is an indication that our value system has been eroded and youths no longer have repect for elders. Ms Mo Abudu and Kate Henshaw commented, agreeing with him that the young man's behaviour was unacceptable.

https://all-gists..com/2019/06/unusual-encounter-between-soyinka-and-a-plane-passenger-tony-cole-others-reacts.html
That's how this generation of kids behave,no manners.

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Originalsly: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
You can'tteach an old dog new tricks. Either Wole Soyinka was not home trained.... or his fame has gone to his head. Then maybe...this is symptom of Alzheimer's. Couldn't he simply ask the guy if he can remain there? But his ego would never allow him to stoop sooooo low to even respond to an illiterate.... doesn't he know who I am?...somebody will tell him...... and sure enough the spineless celebrities rushed in to take side with the bully.

The young man stood up for his right... others try to sit him down. How are we going to move forward? The hostesses too suffer the same syndrome ... they should have told Soyinka to go to his assigned seat. The airline can be sued if the guy did not get his seat.

12 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by HAKYN1: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
unapologetic77:
I'm Yoruba i will do the same thing of what value is Soyinka to the guy,in no follow dem dey campaign for buhari all because he hate obj Bleep any body wey support this bloodsucking Govt

Sir, you can't be Yoruba! An average Yoruba man hardly use that expression "of what value is Soyinka to the guy" on an elderly person irrespective of the level of provocation. Even when you try, the Yoruba in you will always restrict you. You may understand Yoruba that doesn't make you Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Chukwurah003: 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
BlackfireX:
Woke Soyinka supported buhari and cajoled young minds to vote for him....that Nigeria will be Eldorado under buhari .... Alas after 4 years + , it was getting worst, infact it makes jona a saint....

Now imagine you are that young man seeing that woke Soyinka on your assigned seat , what will you do? We should applaud the young man, he did well.

Your wailing is just starting. You go wail tire!

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2019
SageMK:

Abegi.

It's within the young man's right to demand for his seat.

Disrespect only comes into play based on the manner of his approach. Being old doesn't make an elder entitled to what rightfully belongs to someone. That's nonsense.

You have no sense

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Emusan(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2019
karma2000:
Endtime generation he will face de same karma when he gets to his age

Maybe because you haven't boarded plane before who knows...

There is a flight rule not only in Nigeria but all over the world.

You have a seat assign to every passengers on board, Mr Soyinka could have occupied his own first before asking the young man for a seat swap.

For him not to seat in his own assigned seat means himself disrespected the flight rule.

10 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Jaqenhghar: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
SarkinYarki:
This young man is a hero and deserves a standing ovation for fighting against Nigerian anyhowness ...Woke Soyinka at his age can not respect simple sitting arrangement ..This is how his generation destroyed Nigeria with such anyhowness ..Young man God bless you !! You have given the over hyped megalomaniac something to think off in his twilight. This is how Buhari has refused to respect rule of law and election results .

Till date Woke soyinka has refused to tear his American Green card like he promised. Shameless Luareate
Guy you harsh sha grin

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Listar(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
Muttee:
Business executive, Tonye Cole narrated an incident he witnessed on a plane between renowned writer Wole Soyinka and a Nigerian man.

Tonye Cole said Mr Wole Soyinka got on the plane and took the window seat. When the young man assigned the seat boarded, he insisted Mr Soyinka leaves his seat. Others on the plane, including the crew members, begged the young man to let the Nobel Laureate have his seat. But the man insisted on sitting where he was assigned.

Mr Cole said this is an indication that our value system has been eroded and youths no longer have repect for elders. Ms Mo Abudu and Kate Henshaw commented, agreeing with him that the young man's behaviour was unacceptable.

https://all-gists..com/2019/06/unusual-encounter-between-soyinka-and-a-plane-passenger-tony-cole-others-reacts.html
His and his likes are the ones spoiling Nigeria and the world at large with their decisions and indecisions. Imaging obasanjo saying they knew that buhari can't rule Nigeria well and they still projected him to rule, and now everything gone sour and out of hand . these are the kind of decision proff wole Soyinka takes.

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by MinCeteris: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
Muttee:

I am sure that young man is from that other part of the country where they don't respect elders.

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Jaqenhghar: 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
superability:
Apostle Joshua Selman of Koinonia once had similar encounter with Prof Soyinka too.
The air hostess wanted even tell Prof Soyinka to stand up, but Apostle rebuked her that she should respect the man that he will seat on any available seat.
African values is fasting fading away.

Lest I forget tomorrow is Apostle Joshua Selman's birthday
Fúck that shít. African values that have not pulled Africa out of the dark ages na values be that? Abegi . If the Prof was in oyinbo land he wont try it.

10 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by chimex001(m): 1:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
Respect for elder is not only morally right in our society but most importantly it's a command from the creator.
The Bible says at Leviticus 19 can 32 " Before gray hair you should rise up, and you must be in fear of your God ".A disrespect to an elderly is a dishonour to God

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Sibetolo: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
The young man is a hero..... I would have done same thing....., Soyinka is a cultist......, he did not respect himself..... he campaigned for Buhari...... Hmm. While washing the dead, you started tossing its body anyhow, the truth is that the head movement of the dead is telling you , that yours time is coming and it would it is always worse than the present. The most important thing is to get to my destination, irrespective of what seat, especially when there is a better reason ( which I believe there is in this case) that the other passenger would ask me to be in his seat, much more, how many times do you have the opportunity of sitting beside a world figure? The young man got famous for being right and got a seat but lost more an opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Jaqenhghar: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2019
ceasare:
I would hv loved the guy to give up the seat to wole Soyinka ,not because he's the almighty wole Soyinka but because an elderly man requested it.if it was to be another random unknown elderly man nko? Will it hv generate this kind of attention?
Also all these celebs and elite their character ehn is worst than human I was a d airport sometimes last year and a young chap approach wole Soyinka for a selfie his arrogance was out of this world...yes I meant wole Soyinka .I was pissed off he didn't allow d guy d honor of a selfie under d guise of he's late to board ofwhich he still stayed on d queue to board for another 45mins...d guy felt embarrassed and did bounced away.but there n then whatever respect I hv for his person not his writing prowess evaporated.....truly those who said karma is a bitch ain't wrong anyway.typical Nigerian elite or celeb you hv there!
Its that same arrogance and sense of self entitlement that made him go take other people's seat. He probably has been doing it. Crazy nigger

7 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by 9gerian: 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2019
Well said.

I’m sure the individual regretted his actions after.

It’s his seat though!

Jayslicky:
The man didn't disrespect Soyinka he was only fighting for his right, the seat was assigned to him and it's normal for soyinka to seat elsewhere, if it was me I would have let Soyinka have the seat but not everyone is the same, he had a choice and he chose what's best for himself.
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by tillerwzb: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
Seat are assigned for specific reasons ; which includes security and easier identification in case of eventualities . The young man was only doing what is right and his right for that matter no matter whose ox is gored . So many so called elite have this sense of entitlement and feel that nigeria owes them .

10 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Ategberoson(m): 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
BlackfireX:
Woke Soyinka supported buhari and cajoled young minds to vote for him....that Nigeria will be Eldorado under buhari .... Alas after 4 years + , it was getting worst, infact it makes jona a saint....

Now imagine you are that young man seeing that woke Soyinka on your assigned seat , what will you do? We should applaud the young man, he did well.

a product of low IQ

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Favmil101(m): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
Respect or no respect the young man may not really like the man non his personality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Awka Flyovers Illuminating At Night / Visa To Mauritius / UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.