Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw (65099 Views)

How Do I Change My Seat On Qatar Airways? / Nurse Who Visited Nigeria Over 35 Years Ago Moves Man To Tears In UK. Photos / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by 9gerian: 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
Sighs!!!

hisexcellency34:
Flights seats are number. Prof. Soyinka should have requested for a seat by the window when booking the flight. The young man just insisted on his fundamental rights but i think he should have reasoned with those who pleaded with him and let the old man be.

The guy must be a true blooded Igbo guy. We are not asslickers. We know our rights and stand by it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by sammymama: 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
Na hin kw weytin he chop ooo.
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by meobizy(f): 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
All these Twitter stories without evidence, sef.
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
Nbote:
U ppl blaming d young man are all mad.... Why didn't anyone else in d plane stand up for him to sit on their window seats? D young man specifically paid for dat seat and reserves d ryt to seat on it... Dats why we are where we are in dis country... Someone does d wrong thing and hides behind age, religion and it's alryt

Bro I swear you are very right!
This so called elders are blackmailing the youths emotionally with that word.....
"Respect your elders"
This same respect they were having b4 our birth to the extend the youths in Nigeria lost their voice due to the word ,.......
"Respect your elders"
"Don't argue with elders"

9 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Finally, the bastards have come home to roost.
Babymamas I hail o!!

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Jwonder(m): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
Babalegba:
Looks like Nigeria has really lost it totally.We imitate other nations but only succeed at copying their bad habits .The young man must be ibo,the enfant terrible and ferengis of Nigeria.Ill mannered and uncultured. British colonialism came to their rescue. I gave my window seat on a flight from Heathrow to an ibo man who asked for it ten years ago but would not do the same again now that I know them better.

Stfu you have never seen the walls of an airport not to talk of entering an aeroplane.
And if anyone wanted a window seat they should choose one when booking that's how any Normal thinking human being should behave, and even if you wanted my seat, wait until have boarded and then ask me politely and not seat on it before I'm even on the plane.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
who da hell is Wole soyinka? did he pay for the young man's flight ticket? the bloody old fool Soyinka should have respected himself and sat on his own seat alocated to him. Why do you think seat numbers are written on flight tickets?

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
ndujekwu:
I went to quickly check his insta page (@tonyepatrickcole) and saw no image like that. Wondered if it has been removed or what

But of all
1. The way he described the young man was rather derogatory. Even him the Tonye, has no respect for the young man, and was expecting the young man to do same to someone else?

2. Every flight have rules. The young man was following the rules... Probably that's how he was brought up

3. If Tonye was too respectful, or any other person, why didn't they offer their window seat? Why insist the young man does so?

If you are an elder, you deserve respect but not taking someone's right of space.
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by OboOlora(f): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
SageMK:

Abegi.

It's within the young man's right to demand for his seat.

Disrespect only comes into play based on the manner of his approach. Being old doesn't make an elder entitled to what rightfully belongs to someone. That's nonsense.
U r one of the reasons I come to Nairaland, u would never go senseless!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
Jwonder:

Stfu you have never seen the walls of an airport not to talk to entering an aeroplane.
And if anyone wanted a window seat they should choose one when booking that's how any Normal thinking human being should behave, and even if you wanted my seat, wait until have boarded and then ask me politely and not seat on it before I'm even on the plane.
Absolutely! i am not paying extra for window seat just to Offer it to some old goon.

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
Unfortunately, it was wole soyinka.if it was naira Marley or wizkid, the boy would have moved sharply.
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by LegacyB: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
The young man deserves a standing ovation,especially if he did this without arrogance.This people born 'those days' eroded all social norms with intellectual,social and financial corruption.They have no right to demand it. It's called nemesis. Next.......

9 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Fulmigati: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
Chai! Young blood no send Soyinka. Claim him rightful seat and just dey chill for there. grin
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by hicomm17: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
niyisky:
The young man simply fought for his right. Imagine if we all forget cultural and religious difference and fight for what is our right, the world will be a better place.
nice one. Imagine what would have happened if d situation was d other round.. and d caption will now be 'soyinka disrespected by a teenager'

3 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by ugorom: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Flights seats are number. Prof. Soyinka should have requested for a seat by the window when booking the flight. The young man just insisted on his fundamental rights but i think he should have reasoned with those who pleaded with him and let the old man be.

The guy must be a true blooded Igbo guy. We are not asslickers. We know our rights and stand by it
You are just only looking for troblue,wetin consig igbo man with this topic?EWU GAMBIA

2 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Tchinaidi(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
Children of now a days'.Its unfortunate that our youths have completely lost it.A whole Nobel laureate sitting on your seat and you have the audacity to bounce him even with his grey hair.I weep for this country
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by BlackfireX: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
sparko1:

Its is very easy to identify you, how does supporting Buhari have anything to do with value system, when an old man is sitting, I don't know where you are from, you can't ask the old man to stand up. The sit might be yours, like it was assigned, if there were no sits in the plane and he was occupying yours, and you see he is an old man, the best you will do is to go to the cabin crew and report, they will sort it out.

You might think, yes, because he is a yoruba man, if it was Achebi that was treated that way, what would have be your response.
We as a country should be very careful, our core value system should not be viewed with politic and sentiments.

What is this one saying
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by mamajj17(f): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
niyisky:
The young man simply fought for his right. Imagine if we all forget cultural and religious difference and fight for what is our right, the world will be a better place.

My dear thanks for this Quotation, the more reason Africa is still much backward.
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
Maybe na cultist... Him fit be member of another frat different from Wole PC... If him men hear am dem fit bam again and wole no do dey around to help am

Jayslicky:
The man didn't disrespect Soyinka he was only fighting for his right, the seat was assigned to him and it's normal for soyinka to seat elsewhere, if it was me I would have let Soyinka have the seat but not everyone is the same, he had a choice and he chose what's best for himself.
Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by ledaman: 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2019
Am highly disappointed with the way Prof. Soyinka behaved the dude paid the same amount and moreover the seats are numbered why should he sit on someone sit to the extent that the crew had to apologized to the rightful owner. Professor messed up big time!

4 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by SachaBastien(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2019
When I book to travel, I specifically ask to be seated by the window.
I don't understand why people want to seat in other people's assigned seats and when asked to move find it rude. Some old people like trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by idonhammer: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
See finishing..I swear if him cult boys catch you for corner enh

booscy:
Soyinka as a Cultist in his school days did worse.

Stand for what is yours, dont let this so called elders that wasted their generation and encroached into ours intimidate you.

Seat isn't his, will a responsible elder take what isn't rightfully his?

I have no respect for an elderly thief, let alone one whose ideas and actions created a monster called cultism which still causes pain and loss till date.

Soyinka is of no value Abegi.

Who will he take his complain to? Shebi he be atheist.

Karma na confirm BITCH

1 Like

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by Jwonder(m): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tchinaidi:
Children of now a days'.Its unfortunate that our youths have completely lost it.A whole Nobel laureate sitting on your seat and you have the audacity to bounce him even with his grey hair.I weep for this country
You are sick in the head! Let him go to better countries and sit on someone's seat and see if he will not be chased away.

8 Likes

Re: Young Man To Wole Soyinka: Leave My Seat - Tonye Cole, Mo Abudu, Kate Henshaw by goaldynboy: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Wole Soyinka is the one looking for trouble. He should go and look for his seat number and occupy where is assigned to him.

Imagine a professor behaving like a rascal or a tout

what is he teaching then?

Abi o!

Why didn't Wole Soyinka stray to Economy Class, if he doesn't know how to find his rightful seat?!

So if Wole Soyinka paid for economy class, I should allow him sit on my Business class because he is an elder?!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Awka Flyovers Illuminating At Night / Visa To Mauritius / UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.