Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (26705 Views)

10 Important Things You Should Know About A Platonic Relationship / 7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by luvyaself95(m): 5:17am On Aug 24, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

When Dino was giving out money to the public, he was seen giving N2k each with all the ferrari parked in his compound. I know your manhood wants to give her the N30k but trust me once you cum on top her TOTO, say byebye to your N30k, and she will blackmake you emotionally when the toto begin sweet you.

haha my belle oh
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by luvyaself95(m): 5:19am On Aug 24, 2019
greggng:

You are a selfcentred person. You can only get blessed when you help without expecting anything. Infact I visited my ex in her school ...as I was driving out I saw a lady crying and I requested to know why she was crying ...I was able to find out from some students that she will not be allowed to sit for exam the next day...I took her to the nearest atm and withdrew the whole cash plus additional cash for her personal need....she was so happy ...seeing that happiness in her face made me happy...atleast I have done something nice. There is a difference btw you not having and having and not helping. Help without any strings attached and you will reap the reward in a great way. That lady might be your saviour tomorrow. I practice what I preach.
that the best way to help someone especially ladies but it was someone close to you they won't appreciate it.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by luvyaself95(m): 5:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Harddiskng:

Lmao grin

You are being driven by your emotions bro. You are a hustling guy, you won’t give any of your guys in need 30k why consider giving it to a girl that has friend-zoned lol.

Her parents are still alive, allow them to go the extra-mile to pay her fees. You have zero obligation towards her. If you feel like giving as a good Christian/muslim, give her what you give any of your guys, even 5k is plenty for her. Guy change your wardrobe (your future babe would like you to dress well) and buy a good present for your mum (she deserves it), your father and siblings (family first) any amount you have to spare you can give to her, if you feel like it.

Put it at the back of your mind your good deed wouldn’t be rewarded and may be quickly forgotten. She would definitely not consider giving you 30k if your situations were reversed.
You Too Wise Bro...
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by luvyaself95(m): 5:21am On Aug 24, 2019
castro316:

Bro. If you have asked her out pls dot give her this money. This is a stale lie girls use to extort money from friendzone guys ad others who have her on their wish list. Observe her. Does she have a phone? She should sell it. Platonic friends right? She should go and meet her boyfriend. I am dead sure this girl has paid her school fees she just looking for a way to milk you off because you are drooling for her pussy. Girls are normally merciless to guys they don't have feelings for so be careful lest you get burnt.

It hurts my badly that men can't help their fellow men.
Hmm This might be true..
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by foster212: 5:24am On Aug 24, 2019
deltateam:

You dey mind am. James Bond that sleeps with anything in skirt whether business associate, work colleague, neighbor and even female enemies.
Very true.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by luvyaself95(m): 5:24am On Aug 24, 2019
Danwakae:

HOW CAN YOU BE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE'S OPINION ON THIS ......U ARE WICKED

IF U DONT SEND THAT MONEY TO HER ALLAH WILL NOT FORGIVE U...MUST U GIVE AND TAKE ..

BRO PLEASE , I DONT KNOW HER, BUT PLEASE HELP HER, SHE MIGHT JUST BE SAVING U FROM DEATH BY DEMANDING PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP...ALLAH IS THE MOST SUFFICIENT, BENEFICIAL...

IF U DO IT, ALMIGHTY WILL BLESS U MORE THAN THAT, WHEN U GRADUATE , GOOD WORKS WILL COME LOOKING FOR U IN'SHA ALLAH...AMIN.
Allah will not forgive him as how is it a must to help someone especially when your mind is against it...
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by darediamond(m): 5:26am On Aug 24, 2019
"an helper"? You mean like a MAGA?
Aside sex, most Nigerian girls have nothing to offer.
psalmuelwater:
If you cannot help her without wanting something in return, please don't. The truth is, you'll feel you can control her after giving her this money, and you'll expect she shows more care towards you, then from there you'll develop one "konji feelings" , las las you'll smash and forget the 30k.
She's in a vulnerable state now, can you see her as your sister? If you can't, then watch how God will raise an helper for that young lady.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Teejayphillip(m): 5:37am On Aug 24, 2019
sheDD:
in indirectly u are paying a whopping amount of 30k for a fleeting moment of pleasure
Some weak guys and their insipid thinking sef

Ur opinion bro.... People like u wey dey form saint worst pass our writeup
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by flexindino(m): 5:46am On Aug 24, 2019
guy, d best bet for u is to give her 10k outta d 30k she needs and tell her daz d amount u can afford.....by doing so, if she needs financial assistance next time (which she'll definitely need cos u'll be her next client), if u can tell her boldly u don't have any amount to help, she'll have nothing to say....cos to her she'll believe u cos u once helped her......das my take on this

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by NomzyJust(m): 5:59am On Aug 24, 2019
Only give what you can let go. To me 5k is ok.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:00am On Aug 24, 2019
AntiBrutus:
To the extent that I can help without struggling.

I always tell people, if you can't give without expecting anything in return, DON't GIVE.

Sometime ago, a friend came to me for 130k. She needed it to buy some things for her business. When she sent the message, I didn't reply fast, she thought I was probably ignoring. So, she sent a VN join... cheesy

When I read and listened to her VN, I replied "lol". Not like I was mocking her, but she was almost begging and swearing with her life.

I just told her to send her acct number. I couldn't even imagine her begging a guy like that, knowing how lots of our guys reason. Few wks later, she was back again. Don't forget she paid the former right on time.

I had to ask her this time, why struggling for working capital, lets see your books. That was how we became partners.

I've had another young man ask me for money for his sick mum medical bills, I gave it to him.

Way back in uni, I paid the sch fees of a colleague who was crushing and I didn't "love" him enough to date him.

Just yesterday, a friend was telling me I am too humane, he is scared people (guys to be specific) might take advantage of me. I told him not to worry, as much as I could be fcking generous- I am also VERY discerning.

The good news is, I have never begged my friends for financial help. But they are so nice that they sometimes ask if I have problems at all and I shouldn't hesistate to share when I do have one...

The cosmos has a way of settling people that are truly altruistic.

When it comes to giving, I like to think I see humans, not a gender. Though I am beginning to reconsider my stand.

I love you. Please keep it up.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Credobee(m): 6:04am On Aug 24, 2019
Truthsbitter:
look, i am a mixed personality (spiritual and logical). if you find it hard to understand something I wrote, call me back on the lines that are complex.
Okay let's consider these questions with sincerity before I say the truth.

Would your platonic friend do the same for you if the positions were reversed ?
Would you help any other friend with that amount if you find them in same position as your platonic friend?
If the answers to these questions are negative then consider yourself manipulated by your emotions and by the force of attraction within her personality. And if this is true then you are about to give wrongly.
(Giving in itself isn't bad but most male are too weak to see that emotional manipulation is draining them off everything. Their resources, affections, time, compassion , care...etc. they waste almost everything for unrighteous emotions).
Proverbs 25:28 KJV
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.
Women most times don't attach conscience to their judgement, that's why they can dump any relationship coldly at any point in time(If you like kneel down in public to propose marriage or in the presence of your father, they will decline once their heart isn't there but if you find out about the matter you would come to the findings that all the time while they remained in such relationship they would make the man feel so good that he would have spent his life and resources on them not knowing he is being played all along. grin foolish men). men are the ones who consider these things and so it is easy to manipulate these men by their conscience. But if your conscience aligns with the unsentimental truth within you, then you may offer help irrespective of any manipulation (it would sure backfire against the guilty in the end "the one who manipulates to extort the other. if there is", for you have cleared your conscience rightly).

If you decide to help her, help her because you are aware of her problems and you have DECIDED to help not because you FEEL you should help. your help won't be a blessing if it was controlled by just your emotions and not by the truth of the matter. it is better to give your cash to a beggar than to give your cash to a platonic (girl)friend, if truly the beggar needs the cash more.

Lastly I will tell you this. a girl who wants a platonic relationship with you is probably a manipulative girl than a truthful girl. Here is how it goes; If she has something intellectual to add to you, it's good. If she has a good character to imbibe in you, it's good. if she can support you financially , it's good. if she can ease your stress by sex or romance it's good (Any one of the above benefit is good , if at least she can tender any, but unfortunately most Nigerian girls don't have any to give except for sex, which is why most guys who know them insist on sex before they tender any form of help to a Nigerian girl). otherwise she wants you around cause she wants to manipulate you into being her maga whom will not only spend his cash but his emotions, intellect, time and so much more on her and then she dumps you as soon as she grows past your value .

Love seems to have proved over time to be the strongest emotional force because it seems to create more than it destroys, and all other emotions are mainly viewed as destructive but when one grows into higher level of awareness one finds that all emotional forces could be rightly channeled and to do so is to become emotionally balanced. Balance is the key.
Proverbs 16:32 KJV
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

truthsbitter

Hmmmm..........very deep

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by TheManOfTheYear: 6:05am On Aug 24, 2019
ubunja:
I don't give a girl money who has never given me pussy. Unless it's a relative. Unless she gave me money first.

That's just me.

Better the platonic friendship die.

If konji was killing you would the platonic friend rescue you and open her legs?? Ask yourself that. If she'll never open her legs for you, there's no reason for you to open your wallet for her.
Again. That's just me.
Most foolish comment of the year

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 24, 2019
luminouz:

You talk too much.. undecided
Now I know who you're talking of...and I'm not the only one!
And u believed? Very funny.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by ubunja(m): 6:12am On Aug 24, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
Most foolish comment of the year
relax it's not December yet. I'm yet to make more foolish comments.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by TheManOfTheYear: 6:14am On Aug 24, 2019
ubunja:
relax it's not December yet. I'm yet to make more foolish comments.
Then your tomfoolery will be second to none.
What a way to spend the year!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by franugo(m): 6:17am On Aug 24, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:
So if a lady doesn't sleep with you, you can't help her ? Do you assume you will always be on the giving end ? Or maybe you think she will be broke forever ? What a shortsighted and selfish generation.
It's either she's your friend or she's not. In either case there is no need to pose your question.

i truly don't understand how we got here...imagine the question thrown by the op n the perceived solutions being bandied around by ubunja n co. I just weak i swear.
Humans are so selfish, we have lost our way.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 6:21am On Aug 24, 2019
Teejayphillip:
Ere kini aja ba ekun shey? (which Kai play Tiger dey follow Dog play)?

Wetin concern me and platonic abi MALTONIC friend

I go too unscrew ur kitten nuts grin grin grin.

I go too scatter ur palace,e mi EKUN
Oboy this one strong cheesy
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Deepthoughts: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:
When a girl says she's in a platonic friendship with you, what does she really mean?

Is it just Casual friends with no relationship attached or Closed and deep friends to confide in with no emotions or affections or love relationship that you both are dating but absence of sex?

well I got a friend I asked her to define our friendship and she said we are just in a platonic friendship that's all. Though I like it that way cos I don't want any distractions as I don dey near to finish school so I'm battling how I'll shoot from this boundary 2:1 to first class which seems to be a Herculean task so dating and engaging on all those stuff may dampen my goal now.

Okay straight to the point, so this girl that told me we are nothing but platonic friends has some financial issues as she hasn't paid her fees as her parents are financially drained (dad got sacked, mom's business isn't flowing) so she risked suspending her studies cos she couldn't register her courses and the school fees is 50k (Course registration inclusive) and she had to struggle and hustle during the holidays and earned 20k and now needs 30k to complete an pay her fees and register her courses.

I long paid mine and there's this work that entered for me an I had 50k gain and tho I don't have any pressing needs except to boost my wardrobe and save the cash or by my mumsy a present.... But my mind and conscience is irking me that I should send her the 30k and help her out but that money is too much to give out to a platonic friend that I'm not sure I'll marry, so I should just start taking care of someone's future wife Due to the issues she's passing thru she may not be able to pay back.
so guys what's your advice in this? what's the extent of help u can give a platonic friend?
Had it been u were in my shoes would you lease out such amount of money to a platonic friend without refund

cc ubunja truthsbitter luvyaself95 dairrykid
Personally I don't keep female platonic friends except professional colleagues,but there's nothing wrong in helping a nice soul,so if she is truly a good person,go ahead n help her, don't even mind her paying back,you can never tell tomorrow.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 6:22am On Aug 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Give without expectation
the thing is can u do same to a male friend you're not dating?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 6:23am On Aug 24, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Chai, there is one broke guy that is collecting the goodies from this lady while this poor dude just the pay money from the other end undecided
if at all I find out that kind thing na for me to borrow gun go blast both of them

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 6:24am On Aug 24, 2019
BucketMan:
pls ubunja do this abeg..thanks
abi na?
me also anticipating Sha cos that thread go make sense

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by ubunja(m): 6:26am On Aug 24, 2019
franugo:

i truly don't understand how we got here...imagine the question thrown by the op n the perceived solutions being bandied around by ubunja n co. I just weak i swear.
Humans are so selfish, we have lost our way.
the game changed bro.

women claimed "What a man can do a woman can also do"
We're just giving them a chance to live the life they want.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 6:26am On Aug 24, 2019
silento:
Don't let anybody deceive u into thinking that helping others will return u to square one , let me tell u I dash someone the last 5k in my account at the beginning of the year , owu blow me like 3weeks before I could stand again but u won't believe that now I earn my first million this year , help others and don't do it when ur camera is on , do it with ur heart and expect nothing in return God's blessing is the ultimate
Thanks bro even Christ said it is more better to give than to receive, the secrets to being financially blessed is in giving
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by ubunja(m): 6:27am On Aug 24, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
Then your tomfoolery will be second to none.
What a way to spend the year!
year? That's too small. Imagine LIFE spent like that.....
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Deepthoughts: 6:28am On Aug 24, 2019
Truthsbitter:
look, i am a mixed personality (spiritual and logical). if you find it hard to understand something I wrote, call me back on the lines that are complex.
Okay let's consider these questions with sincerity before I say the truth.

Would your platonic friend do the same for you if the positions were reversed ?
Would you help any other friend with that amount if you find them in same position as your platonic friend?
If the answers to these questions are negative then consider yourself manipulated by your emotions and by the force of attraction within her personality. And if this is true then you are about to give wrongly.
(Giving in itself isn't bad but most male are too weak to see that emotional manipulation is draining them off everything. Their resources, affections, time, compassion , care...etc. they waste almost everything for unrighteous emotions).
Proverbs 25:28 KJV
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.
Women most times don't attach conscience to their judgement, that's why they can dump any relationship coldly at any point in time(If you like kneel down in public to propose marriage or in the presence of your father, they will decline once their heart isn't there but if you find out about the matter you would come to the findings that all the time while they remained in such relationship they would make the man feel so good that he would have spent his life and resources on them not knowing he is being played all along. grin foolish men). men are the ones who consider these things and so it is easy to manipulate these men by their conscience. But if your conscience aligns with the unsentimental truth within you, then you may offer help irrespective of any manipulation (it would sure backfire against the guilty in the end "the one who manipulates to extort the other. if there is", for you have cleared your conscience rightly).

If you decide to help her, help her because you are aware of her problems and you have DECIDED to help not because you FEEL you should help. your help won't be a blessing if it was controlled by just your emotions and not by the truth of the matter. it is better to give your cash to a beggar than to give your cash to a platonic (girl)friend, if truly the beggar needs the cash more.

Lastly I will tell you this. a girl who wants a platonic relationship with you is probably a manipulative girl than a truthful girl. Here is how it goes; If she has something intellectual to add to you, it's good. If she has a good character to imbibe in you, it's good. if she can support you financially , it's good. if she can ease your stress by sex or romance it's good (Any one of the above benefit is good , if at least she can tender any, but unfortunately most Nigerian girls don't have any to give except for sex, which is why most guys who know them insist on sex before they tender any form of help to a Nigerian girl). otherwise she wants you around cause she wants to manipulate you into being her maga whom will not only spend his cash but his emotions, intellect, time and so much more on her and then she dumps you as soon as she grows past your value .

Love seems to have proved over time to be the strongest emotional force because it seems to create more than it destroys, and all other emotions are mainly viewed as destructive but when one grows into higher level of awareness one finds that all emotional forces could be rightly channeled and to do so is to become emotionally balanced. Balance is the key.
Proverbs 16:32 KJV
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

truthsbitter
You made a lot of sense bro.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by ubunja(m): 6:29am On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:
Thanks bro even Christ said it is more better to give than to receive, the secrets to being financially blessed is in giving
not giving women. But humans.

Your giving is just for validation. God is even laughing at you.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by sheDD(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2019
Teejayphillip:

Ur opinion bro.... People like u wey dey form saint worst pass our writeup
I'm not trying to appear like a saint or whatever way u seem it
I'm just trying to say, indirectly paying 30k to enter an orifice as u painted
Is just a bogus insensitiveness!!
#Knockursefout

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:
the thing is can u do same to a male friend you're not dating?
A true friend, yes.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by ubunja(m): 6:32am On Aug 24, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:
So if a lady doesn't sleep with you, you can't help her ? Do you assume you will always be on the giving end ? Or maybe you think she will be broke forever ? What a shortsighted and selfish generation.
It's either she's your friend or she's not. In either case there is no need to pose your question.

have real male friends and you'll never need to lean on a woman. Remember the day that woman gets married all favours you two been giving each other will cease. You know how jealous husbands can be.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by LordAdam16: 6:32am On Aug 24, 2019
AntiBrutus:
To the extent that I can help without struggling.

I always tell people, if you can't give without expecting anything in return, DON't GIVE.

Sometime ago, a friend came to me for 130k. She needed it to buy some things for her business. When she sent the message, I didn't reply fast, she thought I was probably ignoring. So, she sent a VN join... cheesy

When I read and listened to her VN, I replied "lol". Not like I was mocking her, but she was almost begging and swearing with her life.

I just told her to send her acct number. I couldn't even imagine her begging a guy like that, knowing how lots of our guys reason. Few wks later, she was back again. Don't forget she paid the former right on time.

I had to ask her this time, why struggling for working capital, lets see your books. That was how we became partners.

I've had another young man ask me for money for his sick mum medical bills, I gave it to him.

Way back in uni, I paid the sch fees of a colleague who was crushing and I didn't "love" him enough to date him.

Just yesterday, a friend was telling me I am too humane, he is scared people (guys to be specific) might take advantage of me. I told him not to worry, as much as I could be fcking generous- I am also VERY discerning.

The good news is, I have never begged my friends for financial help. But they are so nice that they sometimes ask if I have problems at all and I shouldn't hesistate to share when I do have one...

The cosmos has a way of settling people that are truly altruistic.

When it comes to giving, I like to think I see humans, not a gender. Though I am beginning to reconsider my stand.

If you learn nothing else

Actually, it is different for guys.

Analogies

Here's the closest analogy.

90+% of the guys who hit a lady up think they're entitled to the lady's cooch if she responds favorably. In like manner, 90+% of ladies think they're entitled to whatever is in a guy's wallet if they have a positive interaction.

As such, just as most ladies set a criteria before they'd let a guy hit; most guys set a criteria before they'd let a lady spend their money.

In a perfect world, guys would be altruistic with money. But alas we're living in the jaundiced timeline. Even then guys are usually altruistic with things that are just as valuable such as their time, advice, information... Just not money.

Here's another analogy.

Imagine doing domestic duties (I mean the whole nine yards including coitus, laundry, housekeeping, nanny, being a board to bounce off ideas, religiously checking up...) for a guy who spends most of his waking hours (and whatever faint resources to his name) "on top another girl matter." That's close to how a guy feels when he has to spend on a lady that's beholden to some other guy elsewhere who he has never and has no chance of getting intimate with.

You might retort with the idea that this is a false equivalence. But factually, it isn't.

F*ck Economics

For most ladies, you inclusive, the cooch is the ultimate present. Only "deserving" individuals have a go. Fair enough. The only issue is that the price a lady quotes is different for different guys.

You see, the spot price for an ounce of gold is the same everywhere. If it changes, it changes for everybody.

But economics is too logical for ladies.

Same cooch a lady says is priceless (aka we're platonic; no chance in hell that happens) to one guy; is the:
Same cooch same lady would pass off as worth 2 or 3 dates at a $5 restaurant to the guy's friend who in most respects is at the first guy's level.
Same cooch same lady would offer for a iPhone, house rent, an expensive vacation, or a large sum to a more well-off guy.
Same cooch same lady would offer for nothing to some guy who she's just in the hots for.

All the while with the entitlement mentality that each of those guys should be totally fine with meeting whatever request she makes (well except the last guy who gets a d*ck pass) if she thinks the guy is capable.

We're talking about Money, Ms. Entitlement

This is why I find it perplexing when ladies find it difficult to reconcile that a guy simply can't give them MONEY with zero expectations.

For the love of all things sacred, we're talking about money here. You know that one thing that makes the world go round. 85% of criminals the world over gave up their freedom for it. Millions more are sacrificing their freedom for it.

Maybe if we're talking about spare clothes, 20 minutes of one's time, expertise on a pressing issue; then yea, why not; ask away. But uhm, MONEY!

A guy can dream

I mean you have guy friends who "sometimes ask if [you] have problems at all and [tell you, you] shouldn't hesistate to share when [you] do have one..." If guys heard that from ladies, there'd be no space for statues in Imo. Guys can only imagine what it'd be like if every female on their contact/friend list was a potential helper.

Like you just ask them for money and then they're obligated to give it to you if they have without any strings attached. If they don't, then they're some selfish a$$hole who thinks only with her punnany.

Let's be real

The interesting part is that most guys have spent on ladies they did not having anything with at the time. It may not be an amount so large they have to take a loan, but significant enough that it elicits a thank you from the recipient.

And besides, even if a guy has a bank account balance that's larger than China's foreign reserves, why should he feed this wack, lopsided narrative on principle?

Final words

In a nutshell, regardless of gender, there's no right or wrong answer to a request for a favor. Doubly so when it's a female asking a male to which she does not have a consanguineous, sexual or romantic attachment. If he says he doesn't have, he doesn't have. It doesn't matter if you are his account officer. If he states either clearly or slyly that the lack of either of the three aforementioned attachments is the reason for his refusal; appreciate him for his honesty and move on.

Guys learn this in our formative years. That's why we mocked our friends when they bought confectioneries for a girl after telling us they're broke. Ladies blatantly refuse to learn it.

PS

And for the guys who've had help from ladies who they'd helped in the past with no strings attached. Well, if my pops and ma hadn't done the deed on the exact day they did, I wouldn't have existed and you wouldn't be reading this message. Life's too short to be ar*ed about a shoulda, coulda, woulda situation.

-Lord

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by franugo(m): 6:33am On Aug 24, 2019
ubunja:
the game changed bro.

women claimed "What a man can do a woman can also do"
We're just giving them a chance to live the life they want.

lol. The money being mentioned by the Op is apparently for school fees, nt frivolities bro, this is sth that could hurt the lady in question...the country is in a bad way depression wise, if u can help, why nt help?
As 4 op, pls give ur widow's mite if u bliv the lady is being sincere n might have to repeat the semester cause of funds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Reasons Should Not Make A Woman Cry / What I Found When Bought A Second Hand Laptop / The Best Gift To Give Your Lover On Her Birthday ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.