Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. (35039 Views)

Po*n And Mastu*bation Is Taking My Life Away. / One Hand Is Working To Bring Money, The Other Hand Is Taking The Money (Pix) / 'Nigeria Shakira' Blasted For Promoting 'Half Caste Cream' By Dancing In Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
Slimsly100:

I tell u. One of my suitors then was rejected cos he was said to be an Osu.
And the way this village ppl go about their investigation ehhn, so quick and swift.. stealth mode
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Slimsly100(f): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
henryobinna:
You have to realize that a sizeable majority of Nairalanders are kids, not just kids but uninformed kids, tho think education starts and ends in the class rooms.
That's why you'll see people urging the OP to damn whatever consequences if he 'loves' the girl. Consequences of something they themselves do not know jack about...
All I can do is wish him good luck, but one thing in life I believe is that, there are always better ones out there.
Good luck to him

Amen cos water pass garri for this matter o. And I just hope he knows it takes more than love for a marriage to last
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
Slimsly100:

I tell u. One of my suitors then was rejected cos he was said to be an Osu.
I won't lie, in igbo land we have too many inhumane traditions. That's why I don't even want to be associated with my village. I don't want them to carry any rubbish tradition my way
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Slimsly100(f): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
OdenKelechi:

I won't lie, in igbo land we have too many inhumane traditions. That's why I don't even want to be associated with my village. I don't want them to carry any rubbish tradition my way

Alas!! U cannot avoid them forever embarassed
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by slimmoney(m): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
This guy already made up his mind......he warrant no advice

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Slimsly100(f): 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
OdenKelechi:

And the way this village ppl go about their investigation ehhn, so quick and swift.. stealth mode

Funny thing was: the guy is from my mum's place so it was very easy to trace him.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by UIA04(f): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
scaramucci:

I am glad you know that it is a terrible tradition. So some people will now sidon in one corner and declare others outcast? Who and what made them outcasts? It is all in their heads.

You people are funny.

People who are pushing op won't suffer with him and his wife when the consequences come.

Don't you know people who are traditional to the core will DL anything to protect it.

They will fight them spiritually and physically. When a man and wife are supposed to be enjoying their marriage and growing rich they will be fighting family members.

Innocent children will suffer.

The family of the man will hate her so much.

In my opinion, long distance relationship no be relationship.

This is not romeo and Juliet, it's real life. If you can't live with the harsh consequences of your decisions bow out.

Love kor Love ni.

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by pokenose(m): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
femzab:
Four years ago, I attended a wonderful marriage at ngwo, enugu. They are blessed with two kids now and enjoying their union. The guy family said no because the girl is an OSU (an outcast) and not a single member of the family attended the wedding. Today, the parent have accepted their daughter in law.
Bros it is your decision, let her go if she is not worth fighting for.
Infact for the fact that you are already thinking of the way to break up with her show that you don't deserve her love. Tell her and let her go.
After you will claim you are a Christian yet you are ruled by barbaric tradition.
How dare someone tell me I cannot marry who I want. They should be ready to lose me as a son.
Create history. Become a rally point for the change that must happen.
Don't mind the guy. He's lily livered like his parents. Holding on to a tradition that is limiting him from happiness and success in life. He claims to love her and can't even fight for the love of his life. So simply because he would be excommunicated, he has decided to deny his love and live a life of regrets. Whoever he eventually marries will never meet up to his expectations and he'll forever wonder what life would have been with the so called 'osu' lady.

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
Slimsly100:

Funny thing was: the guy is from my mum's place so it was very easy to trace him.
That was just too easy
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by itsik(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
I am currently inthjs situation.

Have a girl I wanna marry and this tore us apart.
My people the consequences are so much that it will get to your unborn generations.

Please lets leave this social media bravery and say the truth.
If you are from imo state especially. They hold it to heart.

I and my present girlfriend are no more cos of this. Infact it broke me to pieces but I cant help it. Its not about fighting.
Let me ask you guys one question. Can any of you wed and nit have your siblings, mum, dad, anybody from your village attend the occasion?
Thats whats gonna happen if I marry an Osu. And they will never visit. You and your wife will never share the same house with ur parents. Even in the village.
Your parents will be forced to make u leave and build your own house else they will join and become osus.

Please lets be guided how we talk here.

Am still in pains cos mine is not even up to 3weeks it happened.

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
Slimsly100:

Alas!! U cannot avoid them forever embarassed
I hope i can
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
Slimsly100:

That was too easy
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by betterpikinn: 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Sorry old tradition wanna deal a heavy blow to your happiness. You simply gotta let go unless you man enough to brave the consequences should you decide to go along with everything.

You both can choose to elope. Issa common something in India. If u can't, better cut off from her cos any kids she bears you will be termed Osu.
CHAI cry cry cry

IGBOS.....

AND THEY WANT BIAFRA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

VERY FUNNY PEOPLE grin

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Hush dear. It's deeper than you know.

A case of “People who hate what they don’t understand, Fear what they can conquer”
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

It's quite unfortunate my community still takes cognizance of it.
Imo and Abia States can never change! All other SE states have stopped Osu-caste system except these two states. They are calling humans like them OSU. I just can't understand them. Osu caste system is made by man and must be stopped by man. We cannot be Christians and still practise this outdated tradition that has no place in a modern society. Everybody is equal in the sight of God. The dichotomy between nwa-ana and osu should stop forthwith!

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Mrshizzy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
henryobinna:
You have to realize that a sizeable majority of Nairalanders are kids, not just kids but uninformed kids, tho think education starts and ends in the class rooms.
That's why you'll see people urging the OP to damn whatever consequences if he 'loves' the girl. Consequences of something they themselves do not know jack about...
All I can do is wish him good luck, but one thing in life I believe is that, there are always better ones out there.
Good luck to him

I don't have a problem with none igbos who have absolutely no idea about our traditions....as for the Igbo's here shouting that the op should damn the consequences, you all should know that there are traditions that are not binding on all Igbo people. Some are unique to a particular people among the Igbo's. If your own tradition is not against the OSU thing, then fine and good, you are free to marry one. But if your tradition forbids it, there is little you can do to stop it, because it is not a fight you can win easily. First you have to get everyone to agree to abolish it before you can proceed to marry one, definitely you won't marry first and start doing the fighting. I see a lot of people shouting I'm from anambara and we don't give a damn. Encouraging the OP to damn the consequences. This is coming from a people that can not damn the consequences and kill a python in most of their villages. I'm sure the Op can kill a python and damn the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by betterpikinn: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
J111333:
I'm Anambra and I don't give a damn about any osu bullshit. Let me see a girl I like first, heavens can fall for all I care. If any Umunna person wants to stop the wedding because my girl is an outcast, let him board United Airlines and come over here. Nonsense

Ps: If that girl is as good as you claim especially the part of giving one peace of mind, give me her contact let me take her straight to momma.
Osu my black ass. undecided

HMM
I SMELL OSU ............... grin grin grin
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Dpharisee: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

Nothing is absolutely wrong with me. Yes I have found love but the consequences are way far beyond me. It's not only gonna affect me alone but every other being from my father's loins. My parents will have a fair share of the consequences same is applicable to my siblings and every other person that involves themselves in a marital way with them. Honestly, I don't wish this for my worst enemy. Damning the consequences is easier said than done in this part of the world. To bad we ain't in the Western world where there is individualistic lifestyle.

OSU is officially banned in Igboland.
https://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20181228/282084867923772
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by betterpikinn: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
if you are looking for someone that will give you peace of mind. come, let me show you one. her only fault, she is over 6ft tall. but nice shape humble and very pretty too.
Okay o
But please, what's her body-counts in sex ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by marychommy(f): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
So sorry u have d test o love dis way, but u see dos people dey calls osu, dey r beautiful an Handsome, brilliant an interesting to be with, rich in fact dey got it all, den I ask, is it der fault? God created all of our in his images. Wen I was growing up my dad will sing it to our ears not to HV any thing with Dem one-day I got furious with him an tell him to pray hard so I won't fall in love with Dem an God answered him cos I could HV went ahead an marry d person. Call her an ask her cry with her, mourn with her since it seems u h. Made up ur mind

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Dpharisee: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
UIA04:

You people are funny.

People who are pushing op won't suffer with him and his wife when the consequences come.

Don't you know people who are traditional to the core will DL anything to protect it.

They will fight them spiritually and physically. When a man and wife are supposed to be enjoying their marriage and growing rich they will be fighting family members.

Innocent children will suffer.

The family of the man will hate her so much.

In my opinion, long distance relationship no be relationship.

This is not romeo and Juliet, it's real life. If you can't live with the harsh consequences of your decisions bow out.

Love kor Love ni.
Rubbish OSU is dead in Igboland

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by ahiboilandgas: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.
Please pardon my grammatical errors and blunders. MOD please help move to FP.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma.

guy u fall my hand....this is 21 centuary the centuary of the internet ,steam cell research ...

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Squirrel01: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
You are not the first, you won't be the last, this thing has been in existence since the days of your forefathers, you won't marry her, there is nothing you can do about it, seems you don't know the history of this Osun caste system in iboland, love can't break it,Beauty can't break it, you see these folks tagged Osun? The gods blessed them with beauty, good character, and a rare gift, yet tradition abhors them, they don't want them to dine with them, it's tradition, every family wants to keep a clean sheet of their lineage, as per your predicament, I don't have any advice to offer, as the answer lies with your family, your kindred, this is just the ugly truth, you have to swallow this bitter pill, the word Osun is a very strong word in iboland, churches have tried to eliminate and abolish it but to no avail, so many marriageble young ladies out there are roaming the streets of their community due to this issue, their only hope is, if someone who has no interest or knowledge about this Osun issue happens to wife them up. Yet there are still hidden nemesis attached to it. This is what they (your family are avoiding). Thread wisely.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Squirrel01: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dpharisee:

OSU is officially banned in Igboland. https://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20181228/282084867923772
What's on paper is different from what's happening out there.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by HBB1(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jombom:
Pls provide me with her phone # if she's truly interested in a serious n sincere relationship that can lead to marriage. I am Yoruba Osu matter no concern me, in fact God punish the system self.

Ma Nigga! grin
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by TempleHouse: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
Go ahead with the marriage and keep quiet and procreate !
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
I wish I can get married to my heartbeat and some uneducated and retched black monkey comes to tell me that OSU caste do or e no do. Then we go find out if I learned something in my 8 years of university education or not. Of course my parents are well educated to know better. Poverty and ignorance, destroying the black man since 1800.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Dpharisee: 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
Squirrel01:

What's on paper is different from what's happening out there.

Poor people are the ones thinking like you currently in Igboland, rich Igbos just do there thing and send money to Umunna to tell them that their kids have gotten married, go outside and say their kid married OSU and see them deal with you mercilessly sad

4 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by grandstar(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.
Please pardon my grammatical errors and blunders. MOD please help move to FP.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma.

If you really love the girl, go ahead and marry her. The worst that can happen is that your parents will disown you. Eventually, your parents will see reason after a couple of years and hug their grandchildren.

I suspect there's more to this than meets the eye. I am sure your folks always talk about Osu so it is something in your consciousness. It is utter nonsense and they shit just like you and me. .

4 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Squirrel01: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dpharisee:

Poor people are the ones thinking like you currently in Igboland, rich Igbos just do there thing and send money to Umunna to tell them that their kids have gotten married, go outside and say their kid married OSU and see them deal with you mercilessly sad

OK.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by brain54(m): 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
if you are looking for someone that will give you peace of mind. come, let me show you one. her only fault, she is over 6ft tall. but nice shape humble and very pretty too.
how is being over 6ft tall a problem again in this life? na way! different folks...
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Dpharisee: 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mrshizzy:

I don't have a problem with none igbos who have absolutely no idea about our traditions....as for the Igbo's here shouting that the op should damn the consequences, you all should know that there are traditions that are not binding on all Igbo people. Some are unique to a particular people among the Igbo's. If your own tradition is not against the OSU thing, then fine and good, you are free to marry one. But if your tradition forbids it, there is little you can do to stop it, because it is not a fight you can win easily. First you have to get everyone to agree to abolish it before you can proceed to marry one, definitely you won't marry first and start doing the fighting. I see a lot of people shouting I'm from anambara and we don't give a damn. Encouraging the OP to damn the consequences. This is coming from a people that can not damn the consequences and kill a python in most of their villages. I'm sure the Op can kill a python and damn the consequences.

Backward Igbo, we don't need your type in Igboland, we have abolished OSU and moved ahead, stop dragging us back. Obi of Onisha and other prominent Igbo traditional leaders gathered at Inri on December 28, 2018 and made a declaration that binds all Igbos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Are Women This Wicked....true Story / Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? / Arabs - The Most Beautiful Women On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.