Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,599 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? (41795 Views)

What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / Schools In Norway That Accepts A Second Class Lower Grade For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
seanjy4konji:
last time I saw mine was 2012-13.itsinside the bottom of clothes in the travelling Bag.alwaars at the bottom.
Buhhhaaahhhaa.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Angelacruz: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
Yes it does,you can support it wit Msc
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Chidex50(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
figure007:
i graduated with 2:2 ...but am an enterprenuer with my own registered business and doing fine .... Funny enough i only worked for a year after Nysc and later resigned to start mine own business...am my own boss ... Your life is not in grade but your skills and Pray ... Am an IT PROFESSIONAL(ENGINEER). LIKE SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN ALSO GET CERTIFICATIONS ...THATS WHAT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR NOW , 80PERCENT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR CERTIFICATION AND NOT GRADE.... YOU DONT EXPECT ME TO EMPLOY FIRST class graduate FROM PRIVATE UNI OVER BSC OR HND WITH professional certifications/training FRoM OTHER UNI ...AM NOT DISCRIMINATING BUT THATS THE FACT ...
Great one bro.I'm happy for you.I'm also an IT and Connectivities distributor.I can supply to you anytime any day.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by southpole: 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
2.2 on paper is very much ok but that is quite different from what you can do with your brain. If you cannot do something with the degree you have that you have to rely on government or private sector for a job that is very unfortunate it means you have no advantage over a man who do not have degree and rely on government for a job.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help

Short answer - YES!

However, graduating with a 2.2 is not the end of the world, you can still get a job provided you're still young and smart.

If you're not young (<=25), then learn a skill because you will never* get a premium job with a 2.2 degree.

*there are exceptions tho’ but don't count on it.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by lollybizzu(m): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
ilevic:

That's in a sane clan. But in Nigeria, graduate with first class can't even get a private school job. Whereas those who didn't even have a first degree are working in choice places.

If you know person in Nigeria forget.

grin

You said if he knows person in Nigeria.
But what if he doesn't know someone?
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Kingkun69(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
1st class is overrated
Collect 0 class that's boss man levels
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by ABSTRUSE: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
2.2 is just a grade.

Fashola finished with 2.2 both at Uni and LS and he doesn't have a second degree. Buh look at where he is today.

2.2 is just a grade.

4 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by dave4rella(m): 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
which school

One of these higher institutions in the south south
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Orpe7(m): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
2.2 or no 2.2
Go and learn how to create employment for yourself
Cus in the end, na who fit create employment go chop for this naija o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by stevups(m): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
Babaalata:
Oga don't depend on grade o, do your best to come out with good grades but if you can't don't let it be a stumbling block to your advancement.
Don't limit yourself
Best so far
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
shogz89:
don't say what you don't know brother.. I have 2:2 and I am running my masters program currently in unilag.. And my GP is not even up to 2.8

I said MA/M.Sc. which are Academic Masters. What program are you running? Is it an MA/ M.Sc or Masters Degree in ...?
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by vickodedon(m): 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Put me along
Business123:
I earn very good 6 digits with my 2.2, no godfather, no helper, started with 70k salary 6 years ago, started gaining experience and certifications, so within about 5-6 years of actively working I have been able to fight my way to where I am. Now no company can discriminate against me.

2.2 is not a bad degree, what you do next determinimes your testimony within 5 years from now. Your friends with 2.1 might have it easier than you now, because they will get more job invites than you, but within 5 years, if you are wise, patient and stategize things will be fine. Your destiny is in your hands.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Chill2: 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
Grades are for social sciences and arts. In medical sciences and physical sciences they don't count, it all depends on how much stuff u have upstairs. I have seen people with very low intellect get 2:1. No thanks to private universities who issue most of this result to compensate parents for money spent. Don't let ur grades define you.

5 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by shogz89: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

I said MA/M.Sc. which are Academic Masters. What program are you running? Is it an MA/ M.Sc or Masters Degree in ...?
Msc finance smiley
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by tweakdude1: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
If Buhari doesn't have a SSCE only affidavit then 2.2 grade is the least of your worries because what defines you is yourself not school.

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by ojtech8291: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
Don't be discourage, gather more skills, make connections and believe in God.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by laborious(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
When I start my company God will, I will employ mostly third class graduates ..does guys are too underated..
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by shadeyinka(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help
It doesn't matter anymore.
Just have the minimum 2.2 and you're good to go. Success isn't about your grades but
Opportunities you have
Opportunities you successfully used
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Angelacruz: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
True
kunlap02:
2.2 is not a bad Grade for a graduate i must say,although there are some high paying jobs that requires you get a minimum of 2.1 an example is some Nigerian Banks and Big Audit firms.I think as a graduate what you have graduated with cant be changed what you can influence is your professional life,try and look for a professional exams that is in line with your chosen field and go for it,would be employers these days look for how well you have improved and invested on yourself.

I graduated with a 2.1 from Unilorin and these has not really given me any added advantage but i went on to enroll for ICAN and am now an Assiciate Chartered Accountant,this has added more value to me than the so called 2.1.

For undergraduates strike hard to get a 2.1 so you can take advantage of opportunites coming from oil firms,Big audit firms(KPMG,PWC etc) and banks.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
change ur mindset dear.....establish ur own empire through bizness,and stop killing ur self over some grade written on a sheet of paper,don't waste ur time helping another man/woman build his/her own future and bizness while ur depend on some peanut he/she will be giving u come every month end,u too can be an employer of labour,most of my colleagues that came out with 2:1 and first class are either teaching in private secondary schools or working as bar attendant in hotels,that bizness u started with 10 or 20k with special dedications and strategies could be worth hundreds of thousands or even millions within few years.

2 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by vickodedon(m): 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
Can you give me more info?
Xeexeex:
Just do Masters from a reputable university abroad and your 2.2 will be ignored.
Many countries offer tuition free education. Studying abroad doesn't have to be expensive.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by pawesome(m): 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
Jhaytee4all:
That's lower class.

Only God can favour you with that kind of grade... it is only through God you can find a good job with an average grade
hehehehhehe..i know someone with a pass who is an immigration officer....

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Starz825(m): 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Jhaytee4all:
That's lower class.

Only God can favour you with that kind of grade... it is only through God you can find a good job with an average grade

What are u saying?

It's only through God u can find a good job with any kind of result in Nigeria ..even if it is first class....
This is Nigeria oga

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
airminem:
Better still, you can volunteer to join the military(S/commission) with atleast a 2.2 and die a hero.

grin
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by zionmde: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
DenreleDave:

As an intending finance graduate, what kind of certification can I do to acquire more skill, I prefer ict stuff, Pls help
ICAN
ACCA
etc depending on the area u want to venture into
Yes they are capital intensive but once u get them u are in the fore front of getting a well paying job
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by EndtimeJudge(m): 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
Degree you graduated with doesnt matter in most jobs. Do your best and let God take the wheel. I'm 2.2 graduate. God helped me and i earn good. Which it's still better in Nigeria of today. Just hope on God
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Angelacruz: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
Chai[!harshquote author=EmptyCoconutHead post=83101261] shut up my friend and go to the romance section.
This post is way higher above your low IQ[/quote]
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Janet200: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:

Please help
Don’t allow your 2.2 define you, during my nysc I did 3 certifications (2 on management and one on programming ), immediately after my service I got a six salary figure job from there I saved money wrote the gre, am in the USA now for my graduate program with tuition waived and good monthly stipends. It’s advisable to get a good grade but if you cannot change it don’t feel bad just make everything a steppingstone

4 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by wayodude(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
No.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
If to be successful in life is not by America Visa. Then graduating with 2:2 is not a prerequisite for failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by ossaii(m): 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
Jhaytee4all:
That's lower class.

Even if you have first class, you also need the GRACE of GOD to get a good job in Nigeria.

So many first class are earning below 50k/month.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is Any Number Multiplied By Zero Equals To Zero? / LAUTECH 2013/2014 Admission / UNIOSUN Lecturer, Sesan, Seen Flogging 200 Level English Department Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.