Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? (20372 Views)

I Asked Her, Can't Your Parent Provide Basic Needs? Are My Wrong? / What Tribe Did Ur Parent Warned You Not To Marry From? / Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by nlPoster: 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
KingGrist:

I'm 17.
I'm a boy, I didn't deny it.

Your statement showed that.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by PureFace1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
ayomikuolatunji:

Yorubas also hate each other when it comes to marriage. I am a Yoruba from osun but live in Lagos, ilaje area in ajegunle to be precise,ilaje hates other Yorubas. They hardly see themselves as Yoruba. And other Yorubas hate them too. You hear an average ilaje man or woman saying Those Yoruba too like fight ..are they not Yorubas? They bear Yoruba names,wear Yoruba dress in fact they are Yoruba. But illiterate among them is annoying and wicked. My mum said she will disown me if I ever say I want to marry from ilaje,but I am in love with one already and I love her die. She even survived sniper taken when her mum tries separating us. God saved me she didn't die if not I for dey prison. Tribalism is high among Yorubas but they don't show it

Speak for yourself alone next time instead of spitting bullshit online

You are the one that hate Ilaje people and stop trying to make your opinion the opinion of all Yoruba

6 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Donald95(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Ngwa and mbaise
My dear, I am from Ngwa but I can't marry ngwa and Imo. No nah.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
ikennamadu1:

Camman no come dey lie rubbish lie here... Anambra girls naa worst... Olosho people
It is Ur state girls that are olosho. Anambra ladies are business minded, super intelligent, homely, always beautiful with good height, that is why most Anambra men prefer marrying their women. When U want to intimidate them,they can dare you.
You are the one spewing trash here, I know 5 imo state guys in oil company that refused marrying their imo state girls before they were transferred to work abroad.

4 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by midnighter(f): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
I have heard the ngwa, mbaise and imo state gist before. In fact the person that said it was from imo state herself

That ngwa stuff is more like old news, I don't think people really think they indulge in that stuff anymore.

I haven't heard that anambra women are promiscuous, only that they are stubborn/arrogant in marriage and divorce a lot

I think I have been warned not to marry from almost everywhere to the point that I can't even take my parents seriously again

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sirvingeo:
I am from Imo state and my mum is from Anambra . she always warned me never to marry Imo ladies because of their promiscuous lifestyle . I later discovered it was the uncouth truth.

Ana akogheri!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
Kingsdave:

True bro... I'm from Enugu , our parents keeps telling us not to marry any girl from IMO... My uncles and other kindred guys that married from IMO married problem... Their lifestyle is wack. If you were rich and married them... Any slight down fall... You are on your own... For better we stay... For worse i disappear
We from Imo no too like Enugu sha! You guys are still in Stone age abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

And u will some day have daughters who definitely would be promiscuous because they shall surely be imolites. I doubt if u are from imo, I know many idiots like u trying to rubbish other people. Get sense for once even if ur mother had none.
That guy ain't from Imo State. Even if he is; he's a waste of space and breathe

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by candelahria(f): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
kingmann:

Which kind distance Delta to Anambra pass 1 hour
There are even Igbo people in Delta,so I don't get.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
goldony:

It is Ur state girls that are olosho. Anambra ladies are business minded, super intelligent, homely, always beautiful with good height, that is why most Anambra men prefer marrying their women. When U want to intimidate them,they can dare you.
You are the one spewing trash here, I know 5 imo state guys in oil company that refused marrying their imo state girls before they were transferred to work abroad.
You are very correct . I am from Imo state but I will never marry a lady from my state. Imo ladies have made themselves fit only to cure sexual urge. My Mom is from Anambra and she is a typical representative of a virtuous woman. Enugu state is a good state to marry too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
They say ngwa people are wicked and ate human beings. For mbaise people, they simply cunning.
What about Akwaetiti people? Mgbeke feeling funky! Enjoy your stereotypical shit hole

5 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Pchidexy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
goldony:

Story for the gods!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by KingGrist: 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
nairalandposter:

Your statement showed that.
??
K

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by KingGrist: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sirvingeo:

You are very correct . I am from Imo state but I will never marry a lady from my state. Imo ladies have made themselves fit only to cure sexual urge. My Mom is from Anambra and she is a typical representative of a virtuous woman. Enugu state is a good state to marry too.
Please
Say the IMO state girls you know
Anything you guys wanna say
Please be specific
Don't use one experience to judge everything.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by lyndaway(f): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
I can marry from where ever my parents don't have problems with that there major concern is my happiness

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by ijoba22(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Gforce2015:
As for me , my family say make I no marry FOOLanii people... Say, the lady go kill me and that they always have hatred for another tribe..

So If I toast a Lady and I find out that nah Fulani ... I go jApa
don't bother yourself about Fulani, they date you either not to talk of marriage
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by vicben27(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
l can't imagine my self marrying from any other tribe. my mom and dad never had any serious marital issues in good times and in bad times. they are both from the same tribe, that is the secret to happiness and peace of mind if both parties are understanding. Soo l can only marry from my tribe, l'm currently engaged we are both from the same Village God will always give us our heart desires if be seek Him diligently

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pchidexy:
What about Akwaetiti people? Mgbeke feeling funky! Enjoy your stereotypical shit hole
I didn't create d narratives you bloody fool.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
Weirdgee:
nice thread my mother always tells us not to marry Benin woman....that they are too fetish and wicked.

You have more of landladies than landlords in Edo State, the women always want to be in control. Their husband usually die early from what I noticed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Weirdgee: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
BiggyB242:

You have more of landladies than landlords in Edo State, the women always want to be in control. Their husband usually die early from what I noticed.
yea that's true.
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
KingGrist:

Please
Say the IMO state girls you know
Anything you guys wanna say
Please be specific
Don't use one experience to judge everything.
exactly, it is base on my numerous encounter. so this is only base on my experience.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Ifeoluwaseun(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
kiss kiss
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by blingxx(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
Bola146:
Ogun, Ilesha, Ondo and Ekiti.. my father said they are very strict in nature

I'm from ogun Grew up in Lagos... I've no idea what you are saying
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by generationz(f): 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
ayomikuolatunji:

Yorubas also hate each other when it comes to marriage. I am a Yoruba from osun but live in Lagos, ilaje area in ajegunle to be precise,ilaje hates other Yorubas. They hardly see themselves as Yoruba. And other Yorubas hate them too. You hear an average ilaje man or woman saying Those Yoruba too like fight ..are they not Yorubas? They bear Yoruba names,wear Yoruba dress in fact they are Yoruba. But illiterate among them is annoying and wicked. My mum said she will disown me if I ever say I want to marry from ilaje,but I am in love with one already and I love her die. She even survived sniper taken when her mum tries separating us. God saved me she didn't die if not I for dey prison. Tribalism is high among Yorubas but they don't show it

Ive noticed this thing too. The only time yorubas join hands together is during an Owambe or when they want to fight Yeebos.

All the yoruba people in my street that fought my family ( juju and physical) have fought themselves. Their friendships are feeble even among some of the men.

This is what I noticed and not because I hate thei tribe. All my best friends in Uni were yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by WENGERNOMICS(m): 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pchidexy:

Brossss.......that's harsh na. She is just saying what she heard or experienced. Everyone has such stereotypes.

For instance now, every Nigerian will be careful of going to South Africa even though there are lots of good people there.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by WENGERNOMICS(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95 ii:

My dear, I am from Ngwa but I can't marry ngwa and Imo. No nah.

Oya explain to us why na?

Help Sisters and Brothers out

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by generationz(f): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
Yuneehk:

How did you confirm the hearsay that "Igbos" eat people? Did she eat you or she also told you what she heard?

Hes typing from within her belly na grin

5 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by generationz(f): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin I can marry from any tribe,but I don't see myself [b]wearing suit and tie [/b]for one demon to tie down my destiny in d name of marriage

grin grin grin you can wear ankara then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Jamislaw101(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
When I jokingly told my mum I'm dating Ibo girl she refused to talk to me for two days.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Yuneehk(f): 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
generationz:

Hes typing from within her belly na grin
Yeye cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
generationz:

Ive noticed this thing too. The only time yorubas join hands together is during an Owambe or when they want to fight Yeebos.

All the yoruba people in my street that fought my family ( juju and physical) have fought themselves. Their friendships are feeble even among some of the men.

This is what I noticed and not[b] because I hate thei tribe.[/b] All my best friends in Uni were yorubas.
Re: Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? by Kapilta(m): 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Jamislaw101:
When I jokingly told my mum I'm dating Ibo girl she refused to talk to me for two days.
your tribe?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Big Boobs Lady Go Fully Unclad In This Video 18+ / How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? / SINGLE MEN: Don't Take Your Woman For Granted - Bamisepeters' Blog

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.