Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding (79468 Views)

MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ctleurocollege: 8:04am On Oct 31, 2019
marvin905:

how does being a true Christian relate to white wedding

You're making your vows to God during Christian marriage before his alter. It's a MUST for true Christians to acknowledge God before entering into marriage partnership. The guy is marrying someone who knows her religion

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by emmysoftyou: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2019
peepydelano:
You are having a very good lady as your wife,count yourself very lucky.Why not fast forward your white wedding and have free access, and its not a big deal if she turns out not to be a virgin,appreciate the fact that she's God fearing. Respect her Godly wish and wait for the abundant blessings that follows,she is blessed amongst women
bros , you said it's not a big deal if she turns out not to be a Virgin. Then why did she lied in the first place if she's God fearing.

However op, if ur girl is a Catholic, then you can only get to the place after wedding. But not all Catholic wait till after wedding cos sometimes u may not have money to do wedding yet and if the person had done traditional marriage then getting to her place depends on the spouse . so if she refuses then she may be a strong believer and You have to wait. Eventually you want to have a change of minds due to her resistance then God is watching you. Be very careful.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nnemuka(f): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2019
WriterX:

what I don't understand is was he not planning to do the white wedding at all I Mean if you have done the traditional rites already what really keeps him from doing the rest and to think he is postponing the said white wedding and getting the family involved in this, I don't know how people dey act shall.
Who knows what he wants to do
Trap her with Traditional whatever, impregnate her, then claim she isn't a virgin, and dump her.

Men do it alot here
They come after you, begging you to get pregnant and before you turn left they wont be in sight anymore.
ndi uchu ......
These women that you tagged baby mamas actually started this way...

Bia Op, only thunder will fire u if you dont fo ahead and fix the white wedding
virgin gbuo gi there

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2019
ctleurocollege:

You're making your vows to God during Christian marriage before his alter. It's a MUST for true Christians to acknowledge God before entering into marriage partnership. The guy is marrying someone who knows her religion

God bless you my brother.

If he has his way now he'll turn around and despise her saying all sorts later down the line

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by marvin905(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2019
ctleurocollege:

What sort of question is this? Those vows made during church wedding is it for the British or to God?

so anybody that doesn't make a vow before the church is not married..
please show me I the Bible
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by festusforchrist: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2019
Hebrews 13:4 KJV
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Count yourself among the lucky guys with the privilege to marry a woman that has the fear of God in this endtime. Please go are fix your wedding and count us for prayers.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by marvin905(m): 8:08am On Oct 31, 2019
Nnemuka:

Trap her with Traditional whatever, impregnate her, then claim she isn't a virgin, and dump her.

Men do it alot here
They come after you, begging you to get pregnant and before you turn left they wont be in sight anymore.
ndi uchu ......

virgin gbuo gi there

. will a White wedding prevent all these
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by xeeco: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2019
If you say you love her so much and respect her opinion and that is actually true, then wait until you wed and bless the marriage before God's altar as insisted by your wife. I experienced thesame thing too but I waited patiently. Lo and behold after the wedding I actually met her a virgin. Therefore Love is patient my brother.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by marvin905(m): 8:09am On Oct 31, 2019
festusforchrist:
Hebrews 13:4 KJV
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Count yourself among the lucky guys with the privilege to marry a woman that has the fear of God in this endtime. Please go are fix your wedding and count us for prayers.

so in your words they are not married
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Duggedised12(f): 8:11am On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:

So you call normal relations as being fanatical. That's why your kinds do multiple abortions and yet get dumped. Yeye
lol, e go clear for the op eye when he finds out he is being scammed. Just like your sisters do too i guess? undecided
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 8:12am On Oct 31, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol, e go clear for the op eye when he finds out he is being scammed. Just like your sisters do too i guess? undecided

Start by keeping your ish to yourself. Not everyone is as crooked as you are.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by showbiz4all27(m): 8:12am On Oct 31, 2019
My simple advice is let her be and have her way for the white whatever, BUT before preparations kickstart sit her down on another interaction that if on the later you find out she isn't a virgin you'll divorce her with immediate alacrity shocked make sure you recorded the conversations secretly bro. I strongly believe your wife is hiding something from you which is really not a big deal, talking from experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Duggedised12(f): 8:13am On Oct 31, 2019
kunleweb:

Start by keeping your ish to yourself. Not everyone is as crooked as you are.
and not everyone is like your sisters either we are saying the same thing, just cos your sisters do it doesn't mean others do too. undecided.

And only a ret@rd like you will even tell me to keep my ish to myself when this is a forum and the op brought his ish here ,so why not tell other commenters to keep their ish to themselves? But you decided that i am probably an easy target for you to show your redundant uncouth mouth on abi? ,lol bring it on dickhead grin while at it also how do you want the thunder that will fire you? Loud or silent so i can send it to your location as appetizer grin
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by tomdon(m): 8:13am On Oct 31, 2019
peepydelano:
You are having a very good lady as your wife,count yourself very lucky.Why not fast forward your white wedding and have free access, and its not a big deal if she turns out not to be a virgin,appreciate the fact that she's God fearing. Respect her Godly wish and wait for the abundant blessings that follows,she is blessed amongst women

A good thing my black ass. Then she's a scam and a witch cos something she did and lied about, she refused to oblige her betrothed in order to hoodwink him
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by WriterX(m): 8:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Nnemuka:

Men do it alot here
ndi uchu ......

virgin gbuo gi there

lollz haha seriously I be dey reason say na pregnancy trap lol the guy wan use too but I doubt it just a bit.

lolz I just don't see why suspending the white wedding is the obvious right call for him to make

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Lufthansa: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2019
Drkeo:
She's hiding something from you....

True talk!

It's a two-way thing. But what I suspect more is that she is not a virgin and she probably feels you can easily opt-out if you find out this just after the traditional rites. She believes with church wedding done, you would have committed yourself the more as the wedding would have been publicised and by then you will have an after-thought if you decide to opt-out finding out she is not a virgin.

Bro, even if she is one, it does not stop you guys from playing to that point of you confirming her virginity claim. She is truely hiding something fro you.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Angy55(f): 8:15am On Oct 31, 2019
After traditional wedding you are suppose to have sex.. It is traditional wedding we Africans recognize.

Which one is church wedding and traditional wedding? Did you pay her bride price to the church? See what religion is doing to us.

To me I feel she is hiding something from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Quaddafi29: 8:16am On Oct 31, 2019
It is not bad if she is still a virgin but if she is not, then she is hiding something that may like make u regret marrying after the die the cast ( marriage) . Maybe she has messed up there. I don't know, just guessing sha

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ctleurocollege: 8:16am On Oct 31, 2019
marvin905:

so anybody that doesn't make a vow before the church is not married..
please show me I the Bible

Proverbs 3:6 'Remember the Lord in everything you do, he will show you the right way'
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by nasoeb: 8:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Nnemuka:

Men do it alot here
ndi uchu ......

virgin gbuo gi there
Hanty, this your last sentence show sey your own virgin don scatter day tey. Your name don comot for virgin list since like 25years ago. Na dam na you carry for leg na. grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by sambright2012: 8:17am On Oct 31, 2019
Op u are abt to enter a vry big trouble. Wemen are not created to be that hard on there husband. Any time in the future u mst be in argument with this lady over evry thing.she is to religous and it mst affect ur life and ur family. If her family is in support my broda something is mistery and u need to be careful.the church covers a whole lots of things.if u wed her u will need her approval bf u can divorce and remarry, white wedding is a chain,its a grid lock, even the whites avoids it this days.what abt after all this rubbish and u discover she has some natural problem will their pastor advice u to divorce her ,he will not, if she can not bend the law,then u break the law.trade wit caution to avoid being scam.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Mikenyong(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2019
I see nothing wrong with her decision.my brother don.t be decieve,fix your Wedding and enjoy your wife.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by obidark: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2019
WriterX:

hahahah well come to the 21st century where ignorance, stupidity and overall foolishness are celebrated.

continue your life bruh, I have no qualms with you.

am i lying....??
i nyansh any woman on the first date....
when you agree to know me,why shouldnt we nyansh....!!??

i dont force any of them....never tried....
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2019
Ursulaa:

Lol, its not like there's anything special about it bt if that's what makes them happy ....
So ur putting their happiness before urs... Anyway like u said it's not much of a big deal preserving the hymen. I still prefer a loyal chick over any type of girl... virgin or not
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ogbevireo(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
Friends on NL I greet you all. Trust your day is going well? It is with very heavy heart and confused state of mind I sent this post on this platform so you can advise me on what line of action I should take. Pastors and genuine men of God should also advise me on what to do as well.

There is this lady i have been dating for about a year and 6 months now. We love each other to the moon and most importantly we respect each other opinion and decisions. She is a born again christian who appreciates the things of God more than she appreciates me which of course I have no issues with.

When we agreed to start up a relationship after being friends for about 6 months, it was agreed that there will be no sex until the wedding night but at a point I asked her "what if we are done with traditional marriage rites are we still not gonna have sex? To my creates surprise she said we won't until church wedding is done. I did not actually took her serious.

Fast forward, on the 15th of July 2019 the traditional marriage was done in her father' compound in the east and all I was asked to pay and give was paid and given without any remainder . after the traditional marriage we went back to my house in abuja. Note that we were not staying together before now. I am base in abuja while she is in owerri. When we got home that night I told her we can now make love as husband and wife hence the traditional rites has been done and most importantly the bride price paid. To my amazement my wife bluntly refused. She told me she will never compromise her stand on pre marital sex

I have been very faithful to our agreement based on her claim that she is a virgin. But refusing me my right over her body after every thing including the bride price has been paid is something I can never subscribed to and to this end I have I have involved her parent and her pastor her decision however, still remain no sex till the wedding night. I am putting the wedding on hold for now until she willingly allow me make love to her and she seems not to be comfortable with my decision as well.

This is the dilemma I have found myself please I need your wise counsels on this. Thanks and remain bless. Moderators kindly push this post to the front page so it can have adequate views it deserves thanks

You point is quite clear that you are trying to change the goal post which you agreed to.

You said she is born again.
You said you both respect one another's decisions and opinions.
You said she told you that she will not have sex till after the church wedding - in clear response to your question in that regard.

Now you are trying to play a fast one on her.
You are trying to coerce her by putting your wedding on hold.
You are trying to paint her as someone who is on the wrong.

NB: The issue here is not sex before marriage.
But your inability to honour your own word.

If you were not in agreement with her decision and her response when you asked about this matter, why didn't you say so?
Why didn't you tell her you can't do what she is asking for.

You are now abusing your authority as a man and head of the family.

Even if she eventually agrees to sex before the church wedding, she will not be happy with you - deep down in her heart, she will not.

You have two options.
1. Keep your word to her and go to church before you have sex.
2. Go back to her kinsmen to collect your bride price - though you would be seriously offending this girl and her family because you broke the agreement not the other way round.

Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by OILOFGLADNESS: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
Friends on NL I greet you all. Trust your day is going well? It is with very heavy heart and confused state of mind I sent this post on this platform so you can advise me on what line of action I should take. Pastors and genuine men of God should also advise me on what to do as well.

There is this lady i have been dating for about a year and 6 months now. We love each other to the moon and most importantly we respect each other opinion and decisions. She is a born again christian who appreciates the things of God more than she appreciates me which of course I have no issues with.

When we agreed to start up a relationship after being friends for about 6 months, it was agreed that there will be no sex until the wedding night but at a point I asked her "what if we are done with traditional marriage rites are we still not gonna have sex? To my creates surprise she said we won't until church wedding is done. I did not actually took her serious.

Fast forward, on the 15th of July 2019 the traditional marriage was done in her father' compound in the east and all I was asked to pay and give was paid and given without any remainder . after the traditional marriage we went back to my house in abuja. Note that we were not staying together before now. I am base in abuja while she is in owerri. When we got home that night I told her we can now make love as husband and wife hence the traditional rites has been done and most importantly the bride price paid. To my amazement my wife bluntly refused. She told me she will never compromise her stand on pre marital sex

I have been very faithful to our agreement based on her claim that she is a virgin. But refusing me my right over her body after every thing including the bride price has been paid is something I can never subscribed to and to this end I have I have involved her parent and her pastor her decision however, still remain no sex till the wedding night. I am putting the wedding on hold for now until she willingly allow me make love to her and she seems not to be comfortable with my decision as well.

This is the dilemma I have found myself please I need your wise counsels on this. Thanks and remain bless. Moderators kindly push this post to the front page so it can have adequate views it deserves thanks

I NEED TO BE FRANK WITH YOU OGA

1. born again Christians respects white wedding as the real wedding where they receive blessing from God before the marriage proper.

2. you love her to the moon and back and you trust her, why bent on having sex before her wedding, SHE HAS TOLD YOU BEFORE>>>>, fix the wedding!!!
3. if she is that strong christian then she is very correct that she is a virgin,,, NOW she might have sex before she beacme born again, SHE HAVE TO TELL YOU,

4. the reason for no sex before wedding IS NOT COS OF VIRGINITY, BUT COS OF OBEYING CHURCH PRINCIPLE, ESPECIALLY IF SHE IS A WORKER IN THE CHURCH, THEY SO MUCH BELIEVE IN THIS, LIKE ( EFAC-ANGLICAN, RCCG, DEEPER LIFE, SU, MOUNTAIN OF FIRE, LIVING FAITH, ETC)

5. SHE MIGHT HAVE MADE A VOW TO GOD ON THIS, NOT AS IF SHE IS NOT FEELING Hot OR WANTING TO HAVE SEX, BUT THE WOW AND HER COMMITMENT TO GOD
6. marriage is a parcel whatever you open you have to make it work

its so unfortunate that men doesnt appreciate virginity again these days
I KNOW OF A VERY CLOSED FRIEND THAT MARRIED AT THE AGE OF 34 AS A VIRGIN, IT THE PAIN WASOOK THE HUSBANDLIKE 1 WEEK TO BREAK THROUGH COS THE PAIN WAS MUCH FOR HER, THE MAN NEVER APPRECIAED IT, HE KEPT ON TELLING HER THAT SHE WAS PRETENDING, THAT SHE WASNT A VIRGIN , JUST COS THERE WAS NO BLOOD.... AND COS THE MAN HAVE SLEPT WITH MANY GIRLS , NEVER OPENED UP, BUT SOMETIMES HE DROPS SOME STATEMENT UNKNOWINGLY ON HOW HE HAS SLEPT WITH DI FFERENT KIND OF GIRLS, AND NEXT O HE WILL CALL HIS WIFE A LIAR.................AND THE BABE WILL NEVER CEASE TO CRY COS SHE KNOWS ALL SHE PASSED THRU TO RETAIN THE VIRGINITY..

BIKO RESPECT HER AND GO AHEAD WITH THE MARRIAGE, IF U LOVE HER U LOVE HER
SHE HAS TOLD YOU BEFORE , FROM ONSET
IF U NEVER WANTED IT, WHY DID U AGREE TO DATE HER, WHY NOT LOOK FOR UNRESERVED GIRLS FROM ONSET.........

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Doctordogood(m): 8:21am On Oct 31, 2019
I am sincerely amazed at what most men and even some women are posting on this topic. The husband is completely wrong on this, there is no two ways about it. As people use to say, agreement is agreement, you had an agreement with her during your courtship days, no sex until after white wedding. Even when you asked to know weather the coast will be cleared for knacking after traditional marriage, she vehemently said no and you accepted. I do not understand what you mean by you didn't take your wife to be serious. I also wonder why some men value virginity a lot as if marrying a virgin is a sure ticket to heaven or getting a virgin is tantamount to getting a good wife. To me, this is giving much ado over nothing. Op, I have seen virgins after their kpekus being deflowered, they turn out to be kezaya.... In conclusion, since you guys respect each other's decisions, this one shouldn't be an exception.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by farady(m): 8:21am On Oct 31, 2019
Judybash93:

They are already married.

From the Christian perspective, the rites are not yet complete. That is why we have the solemnisation of Holy matrimony performed in the church; where both of them are supposed to stand before God (with the bed undefiled, even though they may not be virgins, but born again christains who haven't had sex in the course of their relationship) to take the marriage vows.

Here the pastor or priest will ask the bride's father or whoever is standing for the father if the groom has fulfilled the family rites (what we call traditional wedding).

So I'm sure that's her mindset and this was made known to the OP.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by AtoningBlood(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Why fix traditional marriage without fixing church wedding? So far I see both done just a day after the other is done.

How will she feel being seen with pregnancy during her church wedding? You quickly arrange the traditional wedding to have your way into her abi?

Secondly, you really need to be patient with her even after the wedding night, do you think it is easy to open legs for a man as a virgin? I mean those who value the gift.

You should think of fixing a date for the white wedding than worrying about sex. I perfectly understand her, what will she tell her converts, see born again with protruding tommy on her wedding day.

I hate seeing men being inconsiderate because they are men.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2019
ogbevireo:

You point is quite clear that you are trying to change the goal post which you agreed to.

You said she told you that she will not have sex till after the church wedding - in clear response to your question in that regard.

If you were not in agreement with her decision and her response when you asked about this matter, why didn't you say so?

You are now abusing your authority as a man abs head of the family.

Even if she eventually agrees to sex before the church wedding, she will not be happy with you - deep down in her heart, she will not.

You have two options.
1. Keep your word to her and go to church before you at the food.
2. Go back to her kinsmen to collect your bride price - though you would be seriously offending this girl and her family because you broke the agreement not the other way round.

Peace.

My brother may your wisdom never be put to shame. May your head not lack oil

How can a man discount his word and honour just for few minutes sex so the he created a post like his existence depends on it.

I duff my hat for the ladies inflexibility and mental strength.

You hit the nail on the head perfectly where you mentioned " honour " is what's being tested. And even under pressure, it has shown who would remina unyielding even under heat. She's a good catch

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by obidark: 8:23am On Oct 31, 2019
ogbevireo:

You are now abusing your authority as a man and head of the family.

You have two options.
1. Keep your word to her and go to church before you have sex.

Peace.

good....

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Lufthansa: 8:23am On Oct 31, 2019
Why lie to him she is a virgin when not one. If he goes ahead with the wedding and later comes to find out the lady cajoled him. He has every right to opt-out of the marriage. Be sincere of your virginity status. If a man will marry you, he will irrespective of that. Why tell lies!

Besides, how sure you those you claimed became baby-mama after their wedding never once claimed same as the sis in question and only for the husbands to sex them and story changes. They begin stories like they lost their virginity to sport e.t.c

OP can go ahead but once he finds out it is a scam. I beg opt-out fast!!!!!!

WriterX:

lollz haha seriously I be dey reason say na pregnancy trap lol the guy wan use too but I doubt it just a bit.

lolz I just don't see why suspending the white wedding is the obvious right call for him to make

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (33) (Reply)

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.