Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me (44704 Views)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? / My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by MVLOX(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
hmmm..... see this young man ooo.... well lemme share my story maybe it will inspire you.... I started really young and bright... I was so intelligent that I wrote JSS 3 examinations in JSS 2 and passed very well without any assistance. Along the line things started heading south, mum died and I wasn't enjoying my new class and classmates (maybe because they were much other than me). In all I wrote WAEC 3 times mind you my Dad kept making me repeat and wearing uniform each time I failed, the things he said to me are thing you don't want to hear. Do I really blame him? No because he was a single parent who had other pressing responsibilities like caring for my older sister and younger brothers. Finally after my 3rd WAEC and NECO examinations I managed to combine the result to get into the college of Education at age 19. There I was a young man reborn. I really enjoyed my time there because I finally understood a lot about life (Who wouldn't after the disgrace of repeating SS3 twice lol). I finally graduated from the college of Education at age 22. I started doing one or two part-time teaching in my finally year of school. So after school I slotted into my position full time. I worked for a small school for some time before my 1st big break in 2011. Seeing that I was still in my early twenties plus I had so much cash at my disposal, I decided to further my education. In 2012 I got 2 admission offers one to study Physics Education and the other to study Geology. As a result of my childhood dream to work in the oil industry, I chose Geology and dropped Physics education. This choice didn't go down well with my dad anyway and yes I still kind of regret it. Anyway Geology was craze I managed to work and school for my 1st semester but quit my job before the second semester due to poor performance in school. In the end I had 2 extensions and graduated 2 year after my mates left school and probably done with service. Sad and you may say. But let me shed more lights on some gray areas now. During my years of repeating SS3 I was also enrolled for a 6 months computer class. I really did well and I went on to use that knowledge to make so money both at the college of Education and in the University. I still use that knowledge till date at my place of work. In my supposed finally year in university I focused my energy on improving myself, as such I became activity involved in the Jumia Sale consultancy program. I really made some cool bucks from that program as almost everybody bought through me in my department. I still make some change from it every now and then by the way. Best of all it propelled me in getting a job with a Delivery and Logistics company. Even with my looming extension I got a job and 3 years down the road I now head the place. I am legally married with a good looking son. Mind you I remain the only married person in that class of 2016. With God's help am doing well and allow God to lead the way. Am in my early 30's and still haven't completed my clearance but just look how far God has taken me. Bros forget whatever your mum is saying to you right now and focus on what you want to be. Trust me, years later you will come to see those words as motivation you needed. See if this story doesn't inspire you, then I doubt what will.... watch out for my website ariere.com......

13 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by kolafolabi(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
Not how far but how well

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by pweetychyka(f): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin

My dear you are still very young and lucky u have someone who is going to see you through school financially smiley smiley smiley... if u really love yourself, U should be grateful u finally gained admission into the university to study your desired course.

I had a case similar to yours but thank God for how far I have come today!
Being strong isn't easy until it becomes your only option in life! Strive to become the best at what you intend to study and put God first in all you do so that after study you can get a better employment you can take care of your parents....

while growing up, dad never saw anything good in me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy... I finished secondary school as far back 2006 and I just graduated from the university last year 2018. Too many stories I won't talk about here! Today, I am gainfully employed even before I graduated and I assist the family in the little way I can as Dad is retired and guess what? Everyday I wake up to leave the house for work, Dad prays for me from his heart!

16 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by visijo(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
A pri
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
Chaiiiii
Easy man..
I left university at a very young age but is never a factor.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
School is a scam

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by chigoizie7(m): 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
Which kind mama be that?

Tell her that you cannot come and kill your self.

Is it not her mates that are sending their kids abroad for school?

Abi no be her mates de become governors and commissioners?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:
embarassed embarassed I'm writing this post with a heavy heart

So I'm 21 and I finished secondary school at age 17 (2015) and to be honest I just got admission this year to study pharmacy while my mates are in their final year and it hurts alot because my mum keeps telling me that my cousin is in final year and is about serving next year and I'm just gaining admission to a university, she even uses her friend's child as an example and it made me go into a Little depression, I actually felt sad because for the first time a comparison actually hit me...

She claims they (my parents)are supposed to be resting and not paying school fee. That I'm stressing them and ever since I was a teenager I always vowed that I wanted to leave my father house before 25yrs of age

Now I'm studying a 5 years course (7 years to become a full graduate) and by then I'll be 28 I actually feel ashamed because this isn't what I wanted since I left secondary school
I wanted to finish on time and remove the burden from them

I've never failed jamb, my least Score was 245 but circumstances kept dragging me back

I finished my ND program in 2017 (Distinction in SLT Yabatech)

So it feels more like I'm parambulating up and down and don't know what I want for my self but I actually do!!

I need an advice or something to make me feel better or confident about my self sad

Bro I feel for you

But Nairaland is not were you come to feel better. If actually they give advice is to make you feel worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by sylve11: 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
DonBenny77:
Your own better na, you never hear people story. In this country veterans still living with their parents is a normal phenomenon these days. Only 21 she dey complain.
You for just dey laugh your Mama.
If you like go and kill yourself, them go carry your body go police station......

Lol @ veterans grin grin cool
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Judybash93(m): 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
You've got a beautiful life ahead of you... You're young and from your post, i assume that you're a bright lady. Keep your head up and don't let anybody distract you...

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by hope4nigeria(m): 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
DonBenny77:
Your own better na, you never hear people story. In this country veterans still living with their parents is a normal phenomenon these days. Only 21 she dey complain.
If you like go and kill yourself, them go carry your body go police station......
for dying wrongfully.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by HarryDuce(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
You should take her nagging and unnecessary comparison as a motivator. It should be a constant reminder of why you're in school and why you should make it.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by steveDpro: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
Eyaa, sorry
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by saydfact(m): 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:

So I'm 21 and I finished secondary school at age 17 (2015) and to be honest I just got admission this year to study pharmacy while my mates are in their final year and it hurts alot because my mum keeps telling me that my cousin is in final year and is about serving next year and I'm just gaining admission to a university, she even uses her friend's child as an example and it made me go into a Little depression, I actually felt sad because for the first time a comparison actually hit me...

She claims they (my parents)are supposed to be resting and not paying school fee. That I'm stressing them and ever since I was a teenager I always vowed that I wanted to leave my father house before 25yrs of age

Now I'm studying a 5 years course (7 years to become a full graduate) and by then I'll be 28 I actually feel ashamed because this isn't what I wanted since I left secondary school

I've never failed jamb, my least Score was 245 but circumstances kept dragging me back

So it feels more like I'm parambulating up and down and don't know what I want for my self but I actually do!!

I need an advice or something to make me feel better or confident about my self sad

AGE IS JUST A NUMBER - you could be done with schooling at 21 and useless to yourself and parents at 30.....

read up the story of the man who started KFC - You would appreciate yourself more.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by wwwihy: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
some are gaining admission to university at 78

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by famouscargo4u: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
I got admission at the age of 24 when many of my friends have graduated and working BUT I was undeterred and focused. Never subject yourself to depression; whatever your mother tells you, no matter how hurting it might be, just don't let it get into you. Prove her wrong by finishing with good grades. you should be graduating when you would be around 27 years old and that is still ok for the kind of profession you are entering.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by InvertedHammer: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:

/
What percentage of graduates are living a fulfilled life in Nigeria? Some are unemployed or underemployed. Your biggest concern should be how to finance your education.

No be who first start dey win race. Life na general market.

Shoot me an email.

/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by DCmonster: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:

Never let what people say to you get into your head or heart. You are in a very lucrative field just make sure you don't have an extra year. I can assure you that you will smile when you look back at all you are going through right now when the time is ripe. Just keep pushing and stay focused on your goal which is to become a pharmacist. Pls don't slip into depression by letting what people say affect you self esteem.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Naanlong01: 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
DonBenny77:
Him die wrongfully i guess.....
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by cococandy(f): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
You’re on track.
Don’t deviate

Time flies and before you know it, you will be done
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Vado(m): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
xynerise:
Just negodu this man!

Some people at 28 they are still writing jamb. What is wrong with kids of today?

My brother. These kids worry over nothing. No wonder suicide rate keeps spiking. Their gf leave them depression, their mummy chided them depression.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
Useless African parents, care much about their reputations rather than their children mental state of mind

12 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by delphia(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hey Poster, cheer up. I was above 30 when I became a fully registered pharmacist. I am so fulfilled now that I dont even remember that I got admission when approaching mid 20s. Your greatest focus this moment should be on the task of studying and graduating. Studying could be very challenging. . .Make your parents proud by vowing that they would attend your induction/oath taking ceremony then get to work.
Las las, God is the settler of all arguments. In due time he would settle this argument between your destiny and your mum. Cheer up

10 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by TechCapon(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
Ciscogod:
i graduated at the age of 21 and got a decent job at 27... My dear age and time does not define success
are you a CCNA or CCNP?
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by xynerise: 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
Vado:

My brother. These kids worry over nothing. No wonder suicide rate keeps spiking. Their gf leave them depression, their mummy chided them depression.

We are having more sissy men these days.

Na too much junks dey cause am abi na wetin?
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:

lol
lol

my dear you are funny. please allow your mum to express herself jareee. Mothers are like that

Better laugh over it and make them proud!!!

this one no be matter , ochimoooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by madgoat(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:

Honestly i feel like flogging you. You have inferiority complex. You are just 21yrs but yet complaining? Who told you being 21 and just gaining admission is bad. Funny enough u are studying a very nice course (pharmacy) and to top it, u even have ND already in SLT. Really u are so silly for thinking u have not achieved anything.
If u are not careful, u will end up having issues in school and drop out due to low grades because of this your inferiority complex.

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Chuxautos: 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:

leave them, I will take responsibility for you.move to my house

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Righteousness89(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
iaamxavier:

No one can take your Joy, make u sad, depressed and all that Except you let them...

Ignore her words..
Face JESUS CHRIST
Mix with Fellow colleagues that Have JESUS.
Face your Studies

The Race of life is not to the Fastest
Life is not by Struggle
It is a Gift From GOD.

If JESUS Tarries,I see You Rejoicing in the nearest Future..

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by kolade560: 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
Everyone has his or her time in this life.she should not discourage you.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by myfan: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
Lol. Childish complaints. Some people finished school at 30 something and would have to fodge age to qualify them for NYSC. At 21and you are complaining?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Depressed With What She Said To Me by Nnamebuka: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
xynerise:
Just negodu this man!

Some people at 28 they are still writing jamb. What is wrong with kids of today?
I think he's not to be faulted but his mother who is bring unhealthy comparisons thereby triggering the feeling of worthlessness/depression

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secondary Students Fight With Cutlass In Ibadan (Photos) / My "Couple's Life" Experience In Higher Institution / Parents Rush To Pick Students As Gunmen Kidnap Vice Principal, 4 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.