Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? (44463 Views)

Why Is It Difficult To Get These Qualities In One Man? / Ladies What Is Your Body Shape???? ( Pics) / Ladies, What's Your Definition Of A Handsome Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Cutehector(m): 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hmmmm...
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by stubbornman(m): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
See as guys carry kitchen stool balance for this thread to see which of the women spec Dem fall into make Dem shoot their shot cheesy grin

All the ladies looking for very intelligent hope y'all are intelligent too No be say tomorrow una go come here come say "Over Sabi Sabi dey worry una husband"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by vickydankal(f): 10:49pm On Dec 11, 2019
I never knew I will change my list, I changed at 20, 24 and at 27 when I got married. My last adjustment before marriage . I wanted a tall, fair, handsome, not too wealthy (I wanted who I will build wealth together with) , loyal, prayer warrior and a bit of a bad boy (if you know what I mean).

10 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by jaxxy(m): 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ariza:
For me, it has always been Attraction over every other things. Even when I was young I only flowed with feelings, right or wrong I cared less. I see, love and explore and trying to win my love or attention has never worked for me.
I never had neither do I have standards up till now grin .My eyes do the feasting for me. Just have sense like Poco would say and be available (I like my men close )we are good to go.
Due to the economic situation and the fact that children may be coming in , I give little consideration to financial aspect, even at that the ready made man does not freak me rather I find it difficult to come in terms with them.

However of recent, events in my life has changed a lot and life is throwing at me something entirely different. Not the regular way of meeting, not the regular form of attraction, he's made, in another country and very ready to settle down. Honestly, I'm scared! And not sure if to go for it or not. He is a Nice guy no doubt but not sure if I'm ready to change the norm. I'm traditional, I believe in building things from friendship and all but this is just so different. Advise me Sisters. cry

I’m not a sister bt my advice for marriage is dont dabble into Smtn u don’t understand or aren’t comfortable with u will end up more confused. Don’t change everything u are for someone else. Explore, try knew things, learn, grow and retain ur power to chose or compromise. A partner makes u at ease and a better person. If it doesn’t, drop the idea and move. A life time is no joke or experimentation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by pocohantas(f): 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
TwoBottles:

I was looking forward to your submission on this thread. I'm not an engineer though and I'm not into IT either. I'm just a simple guy with a progressive mind.

Hope you are not a business man? I have nothing against businessmen, but the few times I even got close to them, they always belittled the corporate world and couldn't wait for me to tell them I am resigning grin

10 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Fisher007: 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hmm My people everytime a lady tells you what kind of man/ partner/ husband she wants.

Please listen carefully to her like all these ladies commenting before and after me.

Then ask her which of the qualities does she herself have in all the qualities she mentionned. If none (which is the case at most times). Just smile and walk away. She will get her answer.

This apply to both single, married, divorced, widows etc. You will just realize the juice is not worth the squeeze most times.

Congrats to our white Knight brothers with shinning armor in the plantation. We do not envy them at all.

Qoute me at your own peril.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Fairview1: 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Munzy14(m): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2019
DMerciful:
Sapiosexual ladies are interesting to be with if you're an intelligent guy.
True.

I don't even know how some people cope with dumb personalities.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by mrpaedo(m): 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
grin grin Thread for evening newspapers

13 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by fatymore(f): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
Good Muslim guys are hard to come by.

What you see now is half and half,

Either he is too religious or not serious.

My dream guy was a Muslim, one who prays regularly, doesn't drink or smoke...

Intelligent and handsome and must be a social person which are so rare to see.

But now sha get small sense to justify what is right and wrong with enough money.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Aboguede(m): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Preshy561:
Nothing changed.
All what I asked for, God gave me.

I'm so blessed. grin

Hello, pls I need that poem by the little African boy. How can I find it now
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by trutht828: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
ibkayee:
I had this weird obsession with him having natural bags under his eyes like this lool, like this was the standard and there was absolutely no settling for less cheesy

If physical appearance forms the fulcrum of your so-called standards, then you may find yourself being single at above 30 or ending up as a baby mama to a physically handsome man, who may not be mature enough to be a husband or may not be ready for commitment.

You've been on this forum for some time now, which means you are not a child anymore; don't you think it is high time you snapped out of those childish, unreal, nollywood-inspired expectations?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Omonigeriarere: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
Starlight10:
I need to find the book I wrote them down, i think I had he must look like Jesus in the list. No wonder I'm still single

Lol! Even if Jesus is still alive, will you be able to settle with a son of ordinary capentar?

He has no room, no physical food and he is overtly generous; spent most of His tine in wilderness; how can you cope with such a man?

Jesus would have been too dutiful for your liking and you won't get any attention.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Munzy14(m): 11:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
mrpaedo:
grin grin Thread for evening newspapers
grin las las na to collect materials from God, and mold their own men

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by lollybizzu(m): 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ishilove:

Sapiosexuality is not a myth. There's something very sexy about a man who can hold his own in a conversation without boring you to tears. I once dated one very unintelligent fellow some years back before fleeing. When I talked about international politics he would stare at me blankly, forcing me to stutter to a stop. I can almost swear a couple of brain cells atrophied during my brief dalliance with the young man.

That was when I knew I couldn't compromise on the quality of grey matter. Very handsome fellow but dumb as fvck. What was i thinking??! embarassed

You're funny.
The way you guys reason sef... God is great indeed.

So because he didn't know of or should I say his side of interest isn't international politics now he's dumb?

Not all guys are interested in that stuff.
Moreover a guy, like me will just develop interest in it just to get along with you well.

How do you guys even measure intelligence because this you just typed up there isn't showing much of it.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ah a lot has changed, a lot grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by BOFREJO(m): 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hard to believe that young adults do fantasize. rather, face the reality....
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Onyi22(f): 11:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
Make I no just talk watin dy my mind
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by ibkayee(f): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
trutht828:

If physical appearance forms the fulcrum of your so-called standards, then you may find yourself being single at above 30 or ending up as a baby mama to a physically handsome man, who may not be mature enough to be a husband or may not be ready for commitment.

You've been on this forum for some time now, which means you are not a child anymore; don't you think it is high time you snapped out of those childish, unreal, nollywood-inspired expectations?
Lol but the thread is about unrealistic expectations we once had and have now changed, I was even making fun of myself

Though that aside, I'm not even the 'big bad' 30 yet and with all my so called childishness I still got what I want, lol aren't I blessed?

10 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Asour: 11:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
Munzy14:

True.

I don't even know how some people cope with dumb personalities.

Hahaha!

Are there really dumb personalities ? Or just people with whom you don't have shared interests.

It's funny how we Nigerians tend to reduce intelligence to being able to "hold conversations on International politics/economics".

What if that is not my Kettle of fish? I become dumb?
What if my interests are in Deep sea exploration or Big data analytics or even recent developments in cancer research ? Can you also have meaningful conversations on those?

Some see International politics/economics as pretentious conjectures, where everyone is an "expert"— while the subject discussed is often completely outside the control of the discussants.

Ego might be what's at play sometimes.
It forces some of us to indulge in interests we don't really care about deeply.

It always seems nice being able to make "contributions" to public discussions on int'l politics but it shouldn't mean those who can't/don't are dumb.

Intelligence, while good, is not as effective as people imagine though. I would always prefer resourcefulness.

God help us.

59 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by omolorlarh: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I can't say yet. I'm still growing, but I know it will evolve in time to come. For better or for worse is what I'm not sure about.

What's very consequential to me right now is a man who's highly intelligent (I'm very sapiosexual). It trips me to my feet when a man can engage me in an intelligent discourse.

* Have a great sense of responsibility (this isn't dependent on how rich he is. A man could be rich and be disinterested in your affairs).

* Love God. He should have a good relationship with God. I can't stress on this too much.

* Homely. Down to earth. Humble. Spiritual (not religious). Teachable. Reserved.

Above all, he MUST be my best friend.

These are my qualities too except that I would have added a tall man. May our heart desires be granted.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by folake4u(f): 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
Here to learn smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Munzy14(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
Asour:

Hahaha!

Are there really dumb personalities ? Or just people with whom you don't have shared interests.

It's funny how we Nigerians tend to reduce intelligence to being able to "hold conversations on International politics/economics".

What if that is not my Kettle of fish? I become dumb?
What if my interests are Deep sea exploration or Big data analytics or even recent developments in cancer research ? Can you also have meaningful conversations in those?

Some see International politics/economics are pretentious conjectures, where everyone is an expert — while the subject discussed is completely outside the control of the discussants.

It always seems nice being able to make "contributions" to public discussions on int'l politics but it shouldn't mean those who can't/don't are dumb.

Intelligence is not as effective as people imagine though. I would always prefer resourcefulness.

God help us.
It's not by contributing to a conversation.

there are people who are just dumb....lack ideas on general issues, very awkward in nature.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Newguyhere: 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
damaged goods
Twoclans:
My list was Simple

Tall (90% of the men in my family are very tall,I did not want them to bully my guy with height )

Catholic ( ohhh I am a staunch Catholic girl )

Not a spirikoko church boy (I can't come and be doing vigil to vigil ,for what naaahhhh)

Intelligent and smart (that is the only way any guy can match up to me,I have always been street smart )

Dark (I have NEVER dated a light complexion guy,we can't be competing for freshness/creams when we step out)

The only thing that has changed from the above list is that I am not so keen about a tall guy anymore .Ask me what happened ? Hmmmmmmmm after enjoying standing sex with a guy about the same height with me dammmmmmm what the hell do I need a tall guy for .Standing sex is bea

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by AntiMCU: 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ishilove:

Sapiosexuality is not a myth. There's something very sexy about a man who can hold his own in a conversation without boring you to tears. I once dated one very unintelligent fellow some years back before fleeing. When I talked about international politics he would stare at me blankly, forcing me to stutter to a stop. I can almost swear a couple of brain cells atrophied during my brief dalliance with the young man.

That was when I knew I couldn't compromise on the quality of grey matter. Very handsome fellow but dumb as fvck. What was i thinking??! embarassed
So because he's not conversant about international politics, he's dumb.

Are you aware we're smart in some topics and dumb in others?

For your mind..

Mtcheww. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ariza:

However of recent, events in my life has changed a lot and life is throwing at me something entirely different. Not the regular way of meeting, not the regular form of attraction, he's made, in another country and very ready to settle down. Honestly, I'm scared! And not sure if to go for it or not. He is a Nice guy no doubt but not sure if I'm ready to change the norm. I'm traditional, I believe in building things from friendship and all but this is just so different. Advise me Sisters. cry

Women grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by lollybizzu(m): 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
stubbornman:
See as guys carry kitchen stool balance for this thread to see which of the women spec Dem fall into make Dem shoot their shot cheesy grin

All the ladies looking for very intelligent hope y'all are intelligent too No be say tomorrow una go come here come say "Over Sabi Sabi dey worry una husband"

grin.... Na true you talk.
You know say person no fit satisfy them grin
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Newguyhere: 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
what about the rich and influencial nairalander you said you were dating?
Una two no gel ni?
UyaiIncomparabl:
I can't say yet. I'm still growing, but I know it will evolve in time to come. For better or for worse is what I'm not sure about.

What's very consequential to me right now is a man who's highly intelligent (I'm very sapiosexual). It trips me to my feet when a man can engage me in an intelligent discourse.

* Have a great sense of responsibility (this isn't dependent on how rich he is. A man could be rich and be disinterested in your affairs).

* Love God. He should have a good relationship with God. I can't stress on this too much.

* Homely. Down to earth. Humble. Spiritual (not religious). Teachable. Reserved.

Above all, he MUST be my best friend.
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by 1Sharon(f): 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
I want a guy that can lift me up..that's sexy as hell tongue I'm 5 ft 3

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by stubbornman(m): 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
lollybizzu:

grin.... Na true you talk.
You know say person no fit satisfy them grin

cheesy grin cheesy ...... See some of them kabukabu list... I'm learning tho....

God no go allow them reach the stage of "Man nah man as long as sey eh get prickk" cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Magicians: 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
If wishes were horses.

seunmohmoh:
Coming of age= I admired young cute athletic white man. Now = I want to get married to a very cute white guy and have kids.

That's what changed- KIDS
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Asour: 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
Munzy14:

It's not by contributing to a conversation.

there are people who are just dumb....lack ideas on general issues, very awkward in nature.

I think I get what you mean but I still wouldn't call anyone dumb (Much less one who has no diagnosed medical condition).

People are complex beings with (sometimes ) unexplored sides to them.

Humans (including the ones you may view as dumb) are capable of achieving great things, sometimes unexplainably. And I am no motivational guy.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Pix Of A Nairalander / What Are Your Top 3 Criteria When Looking For A Potential Life Partner? / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.