Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? (44466 Views)

Why Is It Difficult To Get These Qualities In One Man? / Ladies What Is Your Body Shape???? ( Pics) / Ladies, What's Your Definition Of A Handsome Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by mimilogs: 5:49am On Dec 12, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
grin grin grin

sorry, ladies. I know this thread is specifically for you. but, I wanna jonz small cheesy

one thing I have known about our Nigerian women (though, not all) is that, they become mature in the head when they are older (let's say in their very late 20s-early 30s) - relationship-wise, though.

from the few comments I could read in this thread, I think my knowledge about women is still much valid and realistic.

women have two types of dream man in their lives: 1) the dream man they have while they are still young, and 2), the dream man they have when they are ready to settle down. this is when the reality has become obvious to them.

well, everybody does have that (men not excluded).

so, reading from women in this thread, I have learned one or two things more about how women choose their men and make their choices when it comes to being "real" with themselves.

this is why I can't, and won't court with a lady younger than 26yrs old (yeah, in my early 30s), cos I know the stage when a woman start thinking and acting like a real woman and when they think like a 'girl', this is not hard to know anyways.

I also got to know how some women take sexual capacity of their dream men into consideration. wow! this is one of the things already in place, and I pray it matches my future woman's grin grin cos I can't stand a woman who complains about a man being sexually active and strong. this one can cause wahala grin

also, the financial, intelligence and appearance aspects, I thank God I'm not lacking any. but, there is "but" here grin

and the 'but' is: if you are looking for a man who is politically intelligent, pls, I'm not your dream man. cos my hatred for politics is second to none. almost failed government subject in high school but thank God grin. also, not too conversant with foreign affairs, but at least, I know some.

kai! make I stop my jonzing here ooh, before them start throwing bottles at me. grin grin

please, I'm not looking for a wife ooh.
cos I know some people would wanna say that I'm stylishly looking for a woman here.
please, that's not my purpose here.

if you can understand my ziggy, you should know that I'm not one to be your dream man.
so, please, I aint looking for a woman here.

good morning, ladies and gentle men.
There is nothing bad if you decide to try your luck here. There is no law or rule that forbids a man searching for a woman online or on this forum, in fact, if young, single Nigerians were wise enough, this big forum ought to be a place they could mingle, make true friends, find love, meet their life partners because this forum gets huge traffic, which comprises of people from all works of life; rich, poor, influential, and unknown.

Any lady that knows what she wants and not pretentious can find a great partner from this forum, same with guys.

So don't rule out the possibility of meeting a nice lady from here, your future partner maybe reading this thread unknown to you

12 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove:
Sister computergeek, to be sincerely honest...the below was my list when I was younger and still had stars in my eyes.

Tall
Dark
Handsome
Stinkingly rich
Muscular
Dick_ must be the size of orobo Pepsi bottle (make me walk like a duck, honey) grin grin
More intelligent than I am.
A lover of arts
A man on fire for God.

I read romance novels briefly in my teens but I abandoned them because I could not connect with them. Why does the hero always have to be handsome? Is love meant for only handsome people? I would read M&B, and then after reading look round and still see the same strong, sun hardened faces of my Nigerian brothers who didn't have the faintest idea about chivalry. Chivalry is dead. Bleh. Romance novels fill your head with nonsense.

And then I grew up! cheesy With maturity comes a more realistic worldview. Many times God doesn't give us want we want but what we need. He works in mysterious ways and he knows what will benefit us, even when we are crying and tearing our hair and demanding...may, begging for the perfect man. He doesn't give us the perfect man; he gives us the man who is perfect for us.

Nature strives for balance, which is why opposites attract. That's why introverts attract extroverts. Garrulous people attract taciturn people, hot tempered folks cope best with cool as ice people. That's why you must always factor the Maker of All Creation itself when choosing a partner, and ultimately, allow Him to select for you. TELL HIM THAT YOU ARE GIVING HIM PERMISSION TO LET HIS PERFECT WILL BE DONE.

With maturity my list evolved to-

God fearing. A man on fire for God.

Comfortable (who stinking rich epp? grin) I have a well paying job, Mr Right must have one too.

Intelligent. No compromise on that one. God help you your kids take after your less than intelligent partner. You will spend all your money on private tutors.

Must be a tiger in za oza room. The size of his jabulani didn't seem so important anymore, as long as it worked well and could make me purrrrr like a satisfied pussy...cat grin

One who complemented me in every way amd would take me as his lover, companion and best friend.

That definitely made more sense than big dicked, muscular fellows who would probably end up losing all those toned muscles, replacing them with Uber flabs, and then become unattractive to me in middle age.

Though it's good to marry an intelligent person but what gives you the assurances that your kids will be intelligent because you marry an Intelligent person. Haven't you seen a stack illiterate son doing well in life? Think about it.
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by biotechshola(m): 6:22am On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Sapiosexuality is not a myth. There's something very sexy about a man who can hold his own in a conversation without boring you to tears. I once dated one very unintelligent fellow some years back before fleeing. When I talked about international politics he would stare at me blankly, forcing me to stutter to a stop. I can almost swear a couple of brain cells atrophied during my brief dalliance with the young man.

That was when I knew I couldn't compromise on the quality of grey matter. Very handsome fellow but dumb as fvck. What was i thinking??! embarassed

His inability to flow with you on matters of international politics doesn't make him intelligent, going by the definition of intelligence though.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by bulkwealth(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2019
Ruzu Black For Men takes care of
® Weak Libido
® Premature Ejaculation Problems
® Erectile Dysfunction Problems
® In summary, it will make you to go extra mile sexually

For exclusive consultations , buy it from our store @
https://ruzushop.com
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Bubblybee: 6:42am On Dec 12, 2019
You used the term 'illiterate' and not 'unintelligent' which means he/she did not have the means to get an education, not that he/she is unintelligent. I've seen scenarios where illiterates/uneducated persons birthed exceptionally intelligent children. I've also had conversations with illiterates/uneducated persons, and even though some of the sentences they made were grammatically incorrect, there was a lot of sense and critical reasoning in their statements. So, please do not liken and illiterate to an unintelligent person, na condition make crayfish bend
Gforce2015:

Though it's good to marry an intelligent person but what gives you the assurances that your kids will be intelligent because you marry an Intelligent person. Haven't you seen a stack illiterate son doing well in life? Think about it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:44am On Dec 12, 2019
mimilogs:
There is nothing bad if you decide to try your luck here. There is no law or rule that forbids a man searching for a woman online or on this forum, in fact, if young, single Nigerians were wise enough, this big forum ought to be a place they could mingle, make true friends, find love, meet their life partners because this forum gets huge traffic, which comprises of people from all works of life; rich, poor, influential, and unknown.

Any lady that knows what she wants and not pretentious can find a great partner from this forum, same with guys.

So don't rule out the possibility of meeting a nice lady from here, your future partner maybe reading this thread unknown to you

of course, one can meet a partner here (even anywhere), no doubt.

but that wasn't my purpose for commenting here.

thanx.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by boom99(m): 6:46am On Dec 12, 2019
27 abov wast product
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Dulcinea(f): 6:51am On Dec 12, 2019
Gforce2015:

Illiteracy doesn't make you unintelligent, it just limit your level of intelligence. My Dad is an illiterate but he's very good at calculations, reads, writes and speaks averagely. He didn't allow his illiteracy limit him from relating with literates and he also made sure he was always in an environment that would help him positively

Intelligence is a necessity, it doesn't actually mean knowing books. It's being being able to scale through wherever you find yourself in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by fablani(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove:
Sister computergeek, to be sincerely honest...the below was my list when I was younger and still had stars in my eyes.

Tall
Dark
Handsome
Stinkingly rich
Muscular
Dick_ must be the size of orobo Pepsi bottle (make me walk like a duck, honey) grin grin
More intelligent than I am.
A lover of arts
A man on fire for God.

I read romance novels briefly in my teens but I abandoned them because I could not connect with them. Why does the hero always have to be handsome? Is love meant for only handsome people? I would read M&B, and then after reading look round and still see the same strong, sun hardened faces of my Nigerian brothers who didn't have the faintest idea about chivalry. Chivalry is dead. Bleh. Romance novels fill your head with nonsense.

And then I grew up! cheesy With maturity comes a more realistic worldview. Many times God doesn't give us want we want but what we need. He works in mysterious ways and he knows what will benefit us, even when we are crying and tearing our hair and demanding...may, begging for the perfect man. He doesn't give us the perfect man; he gives us the man who is perfect for us.

Nature strives for balance, which is why opposites attract. That's why introverts attract extroverts. Garrulous people attract taciturn people, hot tempered folks cope best with cool as ice people. That's why you must always factor the Maker of All Creation itself when choosing a partner, and ultimately, allow Him to select for you. TELL HIM THAT YOU ARE GIVING HIM PERMISSION TO LET HIS PERFECT WILL BE DONE.

With maturity my list evolved to-

God fearing. A man on fire for God.

Comfortable (who stinking rich epp? grin) I have a well paying job, Mr Right must have one too.

Intelligent. No compromise on that one. God help you your kids take after your less than intelligent partner. You will spend all your money on private tutors.

Must be a tiger in za oza room. The size of his jabulani didn't seem so important anymore, as long as it worked well and could make me purrrrr like a satisfied pussy...cat grin

One who complemented me in every way amd would take me as his lover, companion and best friend.

That definitely made more sense than big dicked, muscular fellows who would probably end up losing all those toned muscles, replacing them with Uber flabs, and then become unattractive to me in middle age.

Best so far

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by kingofthemall: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2019
fatymore:
Good Muslim guys are hard to come by.

What you see now is half and half,

Either he is too religious or not serious.

My dream guy was a Muslim, one who prays regularly, doesn't drink or smoke...

Intelligent and handsome and must be a social person which are so rare to see.

But now sha get small sense to justify what is right and wrong with enough money.

Hmmmm, how I wish we could make it work shocked
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by fatymore(f): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2019
tongue
kingofthemall:

Hmmmm, how I wish we could make it work shocked
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by kingofthemall: 8:08am On Dec 12, 2019
fatymore:
tongue
Abi, talk nah,I'm already in your DM. You could even be someone I know grin
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by dokyOloye: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Another coming-of-age change I noticed: Ex Evangelist Ishi became less Agu-nwanyitic and less Igbophobic... wink cheesy
grin grin grin
Less IPOBphobic
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by fatymore(f): 8:53am On Dec 12, 2019
kingofthemall:

Abi, talk nah,I'm already in your DM. You could even be someone I know grin
lol....
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by BreconHills(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2019
computergeek:
That's not what she's asking. She says she's not used to trying to strike up relationships with people she was "introduced to". It's easier to move to the next level from friendship. The financial stability part is just a fact in a case.

Man speaking with a son who has completed NYSC ( I married very very early)

It can take time to get to know someone but just how much time is relative. Marriage often draws out traits that were only very vague shadows before marriage. This is because a lot happens as a result of interactions between two difficults trying to fuse. Success then changes from knowledge of a person to resilience and adaptability. Anyone who wants to remain unchanged after marriage should probably remain single.

Having said that, warning are always out there in front of one. Many times they are ignored. But I dont think the lady in question should be too scared. Success in marriage largely depends on we evolve and whether that evolution is towards our spouse or away from them. Even if it is away from them, the next question is how good ur refining equiptment is. You can filter out the stuff you dont like and build on what you love. The best marital teams are complementary not twins. Marriage takes work. Not for the emotionally fragile. But it's beautiful.

I have said enough.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by mercyland93(m): 9:15am On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Sapiosexuality is not a myth. There's something very sexy about a man who can hold his own in a conversation without boring you to tears. I once dated one very unintelligent fellow some years back before fleeing. When I talked about international politics he would stare at me blankly, forcing me to stutter to a stop. I can almost swear a couple of brain cells atrophied during my brief dalliance with the young man.

That was when I knew I couldn't compromise on the quality of grey matter. Very handsome fellow but dumb as fvck. What was i thinking??! embarassed

Naawwaaaooo, so u love politics like this.
It'll actually be fun to be with u.
I can discuss politics from morning till night. Smiles...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Ishilove: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2019
biotechshola:

His inability to flow with you on matters of international politics doesn't make him intelligent, going by the definition of intelligence though.
It isn't just politics. I only mentioned one out of the several things the guy could not make a commentary on. He was just so...basic...
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Ishilove: 9:17am On Dec 12, 2019
BreconHills:

Man speaking with a son who has completed NYSC ( I married very very early)

It can take time to get to know someone but just how much time is relative. Marriage often draws out traits that were only very vague shadows before marriage. This is because a lot happens as a result of interactions between two difficults trying to fuse. Success then changes from knowledge of a person to resilience and adaptability. Anyone who wants to remain unchanged after marriage should probably remain single.

Having said that, warning are always out there in front of one. Many times they are ignored. But I dont think the lady in question should be too scared. Success in marriage largely depends on we evolve and whether that evolution is towards our spouse or away from them. Even if it is away from them, the next question is how good ur refining equiptment is. You can filter out the stuff you dont like and build on what you love. The best marital teams are complementary not twins. Marriage takes work. Not for the emotionally fragile. But it's beautiful.

I have said enough.
And you have spoken well.
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Ishilove: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2019
Gforce2015:

There is a big difference between unintelligent and illiterate
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove:

There is a big difference between unintelligent and illiterate
Ishi dem don mention you tire for this thread grin Shuo!

And each mention is as good mentioning me too cos you wrote my name on your post. Shaa leave it o. Lemme be reading along.
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Ishilove: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2019
luminouz:

Your comment made me laugh out loud especially the sun hardened guys part. No blame us,na hustle we dey.
Your other points are deliciously well grounded and logical. Romance bores me.mom had a full library filled with M&B and Harlequin novels. I read them to improve my English while very young, that's all. The concept of such stereotypical love is way off reality and even while around 9 years or so,I already knew that. I just want to have peace in any marriage I go into,if I ever decide to marry. Being a human is hard enough.

N.B:
You always had a very matured outlook on NL,something so rare around here. You are one of the few I look out for their comments.

Peace!!!
Thanks! smiley
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Ishilove: 9:32am On Dec 12, 2019
computergeek:
Ishi dem don mention you tire for this thread grin Shuo!

And each mention is as good mentioning me too cos you wrote my name on your post. Shaa leave it o. Lemme be reading along.
Your threads are always such fun, and you write so well! cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by seojiang: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2019
Im really impressed by it.
If you need to know about anniversary gifts ideas, please click below link.

https://www.customyourdesign.com/anniversary-gifts-for-him
https://www.customyourdesign.com/anniversary-gifts-for-her
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Your threads are always such fun, and you write so well! cheesy
Thank you Mami. I'm only trying to walk in your footsteps grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by bensowe(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove is my kind of woman. I've been searching for her kind

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Awaoyelmoni(m): 9:55am On Dec 12, 2019
Guys must have this or that qualities but must accept girls in whatever form they come.. terrible!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Malawian(m): 10:24am On Dec 12, 2019
computergeek:
Ladies, let's gist.

I wanted:

-Tall
-Italian half-caste with very yellow skin
-Gorgeous shoulder-length jet-black hair
- Eight packs grin
-Catholic like me

Really? How many Brezz you get? Ndi nkem, please don't kill yourselves for these babes, the day their brain enter gear 3, you will hear "What have you ever done for me"

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by sonyc00(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2019
Question... Most of the preferences of the christian ladies are Catholic guys. No protestant ladies on nairaland again?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by MedicH: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2019
ibkayee:
I had this weird obsession with him having natural bags under his eyes like this lool, like this was the standard and there was absolutely no settling for less cheesy

What's special with periorbital puffiness? I'm kinda lost. Your possibility of getting married depends on a condition that occurs in one out of 10k men below 35. Most girls are not just intelligent.
Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Toks2008(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2019
Women get issues o..chai! See crazy expectations.

For me it has always been very simple.

Nice full firm tits, round sizable backside and just a little bit of good IQ and good manners.

A good cook is just an advantage.

Simple.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by Hiccups: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2019
It is not a rocket science to spot an intelligent guy/lady. No need bashing these ladies. It's what they want, simple! Isn't it hypocritical claiming they're (ladies) forcing their ways on men, when in reality some persons trying to force them abandoned what they want?

Anyone on this platform could easily perceived at least from their comments, the particular intelligence sphere ladies like Pocohantas and Ishilove falls into.

****************modified******
Any lady/guy has reasons to be attracted to intelligent other. Either she is intelligent as well and need his/her potential partner to be at same level if not higher or he/she knows their intelligence level is way too low and needs potential partner compliment them. Whatever the case, it is illogical to argue one has to be intelligent to deserved same or better from partner

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? by ibkayee(f): 10:51am On Dec 12, 2019
MedicH:

What's special with periorbital puffiness? I'm kinda lost. Your possibility of getting married depends on a condition that occurs in one out of 10k men below 35. Most girls are not just intelligent.
It was a silly, shallow ‘criteria’ when I was about 2, it’s actually not that deep

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / What Are Your Top 3 Criteria When Looking For A Potential Life Partner? / ''I Asked Her Out, She Said ''No'', Now She's Tripping For Me''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.