Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back (63588 Views)

Help My Ex Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Help!! My Brother Thinks I Want To Ruin His Relationship / She Wants To Ruin Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
Amanee:
See as love is shacking this one
you won't understand dear cos you're obviously a kid
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Mouthgag: 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
chieyine:

You stay in Enugu right?
I stay in University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital.
I am inviting you to the hospital let me take you to Sickle Cell clinic.

Then you will know that when the die is cast, the so called love will die.
Rubbish...
Ignorance ..
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Onakankafo: 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
[s]
post=85597725:
What a sad story!
[/s]
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Tenshades(m): 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I am in the same shoe. We decided nothing will come in between our happiness. My guy save up some money and do IVF. They do it in abuja ... virtually everywhere. Dont mind these Niggers
If the world thought the way Niggerians think there will be no aeroplanes. People will still keep talking about how it is impossible to fly

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by bonnyhope: 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
czarina:
Married. To Jesus.

They are asking you now, you are forming

This forum is a place of opportunity to hook up

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by jaxxy(m): 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
Cheato64:
I and Oma have dated for more than 2yrs, I intend getting married to her. When we started dating she told me from onset her genotype is AS. I taught I was AA because I did the test when I was like 10yrs.

We decided to go for HIV test just to be sure even though we had unprotected sex. On doing the HIV test, the attendance whom we didn't ask, checked our genotype, performed all the test because she taught we were couple and since it's an Anglican Church hospital and we came together, it means we are planning to get married.

The result came out HIV negative for both of us, blood group O+, while she's AB and genotype we were both AS. She insist we call it off, 2yrs courtship just like that.

Oma is a nicest person I have ever known after my mom, she takes care of me, I eat healthy, I don't repeat clothes both inner and outer wears. She makes sure I work out regularly, I don't do house chores yet my friends envy me whenever they come visiting.

Name any good thing Oma has it. Now Oma has moved on but I can't, I kept on looking for a lady like Oma, now I understand why most men talk trash about Nigerian women (no offense) and when I meet a lady the first thing I ask is her genotype.

I can recall I asked a lady her genotype even before asking for her name. I can't keep a relationship all I think about is my sweet Oma. She has moved on so she claim but we still talk and she told me she has a man right now even though we still sextexting, we talk how much we miss each other it's been over 6 months since we last saw, she relocated to delta while am in Enugu.

I invited her which she decline but invited me which I accepted I intend going this weekend and I will ask her to marry me, if we get married there is a possibility our first 2 children won't carry the sickle cell anemia. My friend is telling me not to do it but my mind is made up.

Ure being selfish, Putting the lives of ur children at risk and just for ridiculous personal pleasures. If u must marry her then u cannot have kids cos it will be a high risk. I wud advice u go to a sickle cell centre and see things for urself and have a 1st understanding of what Ure going into.

Oma is definitely not the only decent gal around yes she unique and rare bt u have to learn to move on or make the hard choices smtmes. Sm people date much longer and break up and move on.

Just so u know there a million people u can marry besides oma on this planet. Leave ur little shell and explore.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Jaqenhghar: 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mouthgag:

Ignorance will kill most Africans...

You people just pas tru school for nothing...

What happens to technology like
Prenatal diagnosis
Pre implantation selection
IVF etc?
I know many fools here will still quote me to talk about religious moral bullshîts. But I'm very sure that if they told you that you're carrying an imbecîle or a deformed child in your womb, you won't think twice before you ask that they take it out ...

God bless you brother. Being educated is one thing. Being able to use the education is another

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by greggng: 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Cheato64:
I and Oma have dated for more than 2yrs, I intend getting married to her. When we started dating she told me from onset her genotype is AS. I taught I was AA because I did the test when I was like 10yrs.

We decided to go for HIV test just to be sure even though we had unprotected sex. On doing the HIV test, the attendance whom we didn't ask, checked our genotype, performed all the test because she taught we were couple and since it's an Anglican Church hospital and we came together, it means we are planning to get married.

The result came out HIV negative for both of us, blood group O+, while she's AB and genotype we were both AS. She insist we call it off, 2yrs courtship just like that.

Oma is a nicest person I have ever known after my mom, she takes care of me, I eat healthy, I don't repeat clothes both inner and outer wears. She makes sure I work out regularly, I don't do house chores yet my friends envy me whenever they come visiting.

Name any good thing Oma has it. Now Oma has moved on but I can't, I kept on looking for a lady like Oma, now I understand why most men talk trash about Nigerian women (no offense) and when I meet a lady the first thing I ask is her genotype.

I can recall I asked a lady her genotype even before asking for her name. I can't keep a relationship all I think about is my sweet Oma. She has moved on so she claim but we still talk and she told me she has a man right now even though we still sextexting, we talk how much we miss each other it's been over 6 months since we last saw, she relocated to delta while am in Enugu.

I invited her which she decline but invited me which I accepted I intend going this weekend and I will ask her to marry me, if we get married there is a possibility our first 2 children won't carry the sickle cell anemia. My friend is telling me not to do it but my mind is made up.

I have no advice for you...but get ready to bear the consequences of your action and blame only yourself for the fate of your kids...May God also increase your punishment for bringing sick kids to this world....that is all I 've for you..,,To hell with love that will bring everlasting regret

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by tosyne2much(m): 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blindersoff:

If both parents have sickle cell trait (HbAS) there is a one in four (25%) chance that any given child could be born with sickle cell anaemia. There is also a one in four chance that any given child could be completely unaffected. There is a one in two (50%) chance that any given child will get the sickle cell trait.

May we not be foolish to take such a risk.. An educated person at that

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Surfacebaba: 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
if I were u are will not waist my time,unless u don't want to have a child, move on man ,think about ur future kids do want to put dem In pain,shame and depressed?
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Bianda24: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
If you continue with your plan, you have just invited poverty, pain, anguish and discomfort into your life. That love will fizzle out once the problem begins
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Amanee(f): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
you won't understand dear cos you're obviously a kid

If you're the epitome of adulthood then I'll wear my kid badge with pride

8 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by bonnyhope: 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
They have completely turned this forum to a joke

Everyone forming his/her own story
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Blindersoff: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
tosyne2much:
May we not be foolish to take such a risk.. An educated person at that

It is not a foolish risk. In fact it is no longer a risk at all especially in the face of IVF. IVF can help you have a healthy baby by screening for sickle cell disease. The technique is called preimplantation genetic diagnosis, PGD.

So it is not foolishness for an AS and AS to get married and have children these days

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Lighthammer(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
I don't have much to say
but try to decode what am saying

sometimes ur brain and heart will be at war with each other and when that happen,follow your gut
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Is there nobody on this thread that is SS?
All we are hearing is people claiming to know of SS people who died.

Where are all these SS people whose condition according to most posters is apparently worst than death?

Not only that nobody has given a first hand account of having SS person as a sibling or having SS child. All seem to be hearsay.

I am beginning to wonder if sickle cell is more to do with scaremongering and propaganda than a real health risk / condition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Shamzo4u: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Do not bring a child that won't enjoy his/her lifetime to the world..... I once dated an SS and I really loved her but I always swear for her parents whenever I see her in pain cos they are the ones who inflicted a lifestyle sufferness on the innocent child

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by tiredoflife(m): 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Shabi u wan ask am to marry u
No problem
She is smart enough to say no
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by tradepunter: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
This guy is very stupid... I dislike monkeys like you. How would you know you are AS and the chick is AS and you wanna still put your head inside?

Even monkeys are smarter than you... Very dumb man, please go ahead and marry and I will join and flog you if your kids get the short end of the stick.
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by babaijo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
firstly go to another hospital and do another test, then the result should show you the way forward. I am suspecting Oma she's might have influenced the church doctor as she may not want to get married to you. it's always had for women to let go of their love but it somewhat easy for her.

if the test result is AA then lookout for another AS Oma and marry.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by FanOfMyself: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Winneygirl:
Genotype war that I have fought and lost several times.
I give up.
When the Mr. AA Right shows up, we will marry.
Guy, don't even try it. Who told you it is from the 3rd child you will start having SS kids?
I've seen a family that had 6 kids. 5 were SS and they were all sickly till they died.
All these love can't stand the pain of knowing you could have avoided bringing a sick kid into the world.
Hi
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Zooposki(f): 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Cheato64:

If Oma is not physically able to take care of you, but you have to be the one to take care of her due to issues she has developed, will you still want to marry her?
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Jaqenhghar: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Tenshades:

U mean u r happily married to AS as AS without issues??

How much is d IVF pls?
Depends on where. At first it was very expensive but now these services are springing up all over the place and it is cheaper.

There is a cheaper option where you check the foetus after some weeks. If its SS you can terminate it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by franchasng: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Cheato64:

if you have the fund and both of you are ready to risk it, you can marry and not have SS child, how

Whenever she gets pregnant, at a certain month of the pregnancy, go for a genotype test for the fetus and if it is SS, you terminate the baby, the next pregnancy will most likely be AS....repeat until you get another AA. People are doing it.

Another one is, using bone marrow transplant of one of your kids to change the genotype of the one with SS, it's costly, if u and your Oma agree to these, you can marry and not have an SS child

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Sterope(f): 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Really, it is my understanding that not everyone is capable of giving birth. Thank God, he gave us a choice in the matter.

Did you mean multiplication to raise more hell-fire candidates? It will save a lot of worry of whether their children/descendants are towing the right path or not.

1Sharon:

Your mother gave birth to you, so you must birth yours.

God wants us to be fruitful and multiply.
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by faheez(m): 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Cheato64:

My broda, be well informed o, it is 25% of giving birth to SS in every pregnancy, not first 2 or last 2. Don't let ur love be blind

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Ebenezar2020(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
Amanee:

If you're the epitome of adulthood then I'll wear my kid badge with pride
senseless comment from an infant

1 Like

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Neddyogu(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
All diz ones talking about technology dis, ivf dat, amniocentesis and all what not, have u considered the cost of these procedures? Or u think everyone has dat kind of money to satisfy a whim? Person wey still dey hustle dey reason PGD?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by toprealman: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
GOFRONT:
cool

Bros, Quit it....There are so many Omas with AA genotype out there...
not easy but you are right
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by FanOfMyself: 11:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
kenny160:
RIP to d girl i av bro dat died after age of 28 too he start since 2months old.. It was a teribble experience
Sorry for your loss
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Mac2016(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Probability is uncertainty... All your offsprings could be AA, AS or SS
Re: Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back by Helena6(f): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
There are options Available due to advance in medicine.
Note that they are expensive financially and emotionally.
It also will depend on if you and your intending partner are pro-life:
1: Take a genetic test at about 10weeks after natural conception, determine genotype then keep or terminate the pregnancy. Can you pull through this?
2: Go for IVF and implant embryo without genetic disorder. Do you have the finances?
3: Take a leap of faith and either have children with no genetic disorder or children with disorder. Ready for the financial and emotional trauma?

Not a death sentence but your partner must be committed to the plans for it to work.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Albino's Girlfriend Refused Him From Meeting Her Parents (Photos) / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / Smartress, Mattress Detects & Tells When Someone Else Is Having Sex In Your Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.