Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right (64323 Views)

Makinde Not Southwest PDP Leader - Ondo Chieftains / Makinde Not Fair To Me, Oyo Deputy Governor, Olaniyan Cries Out / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by itsme01: 9:55am On Jan 18, 2020
YorubaLord:

This is one of the issues we currently face as a people. Alpha-Beta and majority of these corporations owned by Tinubu and most 9ja Big Dons are into shady deals with both the government, stakeholders (if any) and their several clients. The same way the Military Government of of Babangida and Abacha gave monopoly to Dangote, Alakija et al...

How can a company set up and owned by Tinubu be the one to audit the Lagos state government Finances without conflict of interests? I'm confused here. Just like Trump renting out one of his properties to the U.S. government. Impossible in the U.S.

With these sort of behaviors, we'll never progress as a people.

Everywhere in the world Government has lobby group, and Politicians have company they patronize due to political factors..

Do you think if not for US government, Microsoft , Apple and even Facebook would grow this exponetialy? absolutely not we know they trade private data to government so its not only Alakija and Dangote that get government patronage

Tinubu is a Private citizen for 13 years on so legally there cant be a proof of conflict of intrest as fashola isnt related to him nor sanwo olu
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by Basher8583: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2020
YorubaLord:

This is one of the issues we currently face as a people. Alpha-Beta and majority of these corporations owned by Tinubu and most 9ja Big Dons are into shady deals with both the government, stakeholders (if any) and their several clients. The same way the Military Government of of Babangida and Abacha gave monopoly to Dangote, Alakija et al...

How can a company set up and owned by Tinubu be the one to audit the Lagos state government Finances without conflict of interests? I'm confused here. Just like Trump renting out one of his properties to the U.S. government. Impossible in the U.S.

With these sort of behaviors, we'll never progress as a people.

Well Tinubu is doing it in Lagos and no State in Nigeria not even Abuja can replicate the success of Lagos ....as I speak you are most probably a hustler in Lagos after packing your Ghana must go to abandon your failed States in the East

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2020
Sad part is that they'll gang up again him and rig the next election just to push him out

NIGERIA IS DOOMED UNTIL SOME PEOPLE DIE
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by itsme01: 9:57am On Jan 18, 2020
viyon02:
why are you like this now? why do you hate what is good and love what is bad, remember your children will inherit what you do tomorrow

what is bad in tax consulting nitori olorun haa!! i tire for una grin
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by NGpatriot: 9:57am On Jan 18, 2020
excel101:
Is there anything wrong in Gov. Seyi Makinde, declining to use AB? Since there are so many routes that leads to VI, its my prerogative to choose the route I want, shikenah.

There's a difference between declining to use AB as a company and insulting another individual and denigrating a legitimate private business with clients all over Nigeria and West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by dalass(f): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
Firefox01:
Your sister must be a terrible liar. The only time Ajimobi owed salaries was during the time of recession. As at the time he was handing over power, he was not owing any civil servant a dime! He was owing just the pensioners. Tell your sister to lie with the fear of God.

She did not liie!!! Where did the money suddenly come from to pay themhe never paid them...as and when due. He only rushed to pay when it was glaring that APC would lose the election cos of the manner in which workers were treated.
If he took care of them, they would never have voted for PDP. The poor APC candidate lost because of Ajimobis callous attitude...

! Same for Ogun governor.. Osun too..APC parry is a failed one. They almost lost Osun but for abracadabra of the FG...Ogun would have lost too iif the incumbent was a stooge of Amosun led govt

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by MT: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
I think we need a separate thread to discuss the TANGIBLE achievements of this Makinde in Oyo State, if any, apart of "I will", "I shall" etc

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by Hoephase: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
juman:

PDP removed apc from oyo state.
So it can be successfully done any where including aso rock.

On the economy, they can do better. They have learnt many things how to do it right.
Many of their ministers are really good hands. They just need to work more harder.

Your optimism scares me more than it baffles me.

Well it is impressive to find someone like you with so much hope in Nigeria.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by Basher8583: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
Trapping:
I'm happy for the people of Oyo state. I hope this governor remains on this path of honor he has chosen for himself. May God bless him.

All na Audio. Pdp has been so jobless after their serial crushing defeat back to back that they spend more time on social media than reality
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by new2012: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2020
All I can see Here is that Tinubu has a lot of guys in his payroll to defend him.

AB auditing Lagos is massive conflict of interest and shouldn't happen.

States who agree to use AB usually either they genuinely believe in the firm- which is a good thing or are coerced to- some politicians once they beg for Tinubu's support during elections are told to use AB and forfeit a certain percentage for the support.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by itsme01: 10:00am On Jan 18, 2020
9jahotblog:
the only solution in Iwo road axis on Lagos/ibadan express way is for the fg to create Perimeter net wire on that that middle high way. also the road is a federal road. that was the reason why piling up of refuse are much there. but still the refuses there are minimal on that high way compared for it before.

not disputing the fact on mesh wires and fencing, but why fix what isnt broken? West Energy Africa did a perfect job in Oyo State Cleaning it up why disband them without alternatives or accesing how many truck Oyo wast management has?
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by NGpatriot: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2020
new2012:
All I can see Herr is that Tinubu has a lot of giyd in his payroll to defend him.

AB auditing Lagos is massive conflict of interest and shouldn't happen

States who agree to use AB usually either they genuinely believe in the firm- which is a good thing or are coerced to- some politicians once they beg for Tinubu's support during elections are told to use AB and forfeit a certain percentage for the support.

Please, explain or show us the conflict of interest.

There's also conflict of interest in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa and other West African countries where AB operates?

You are not making any sense.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by wellmax(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2020
Tzben:
Buh why will Oyo pay taxes to Lagos? Is just like using arialaba and paying fees to jumia.

Don't get it twisted. Alpha Beta is a tax consulting firm. Yes owed by Tinubu but got a contract in Oyo state to collect taxes for Oyo state. If the current government wants them out, no problem.

But the firm is a professional one and has a good track record.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by AmuDimpka: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2020
WalkerMichael:
Lol. Omoh tinubu don dey cast o.
he don cash out

SW is 3000 odds
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by MXrap: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2020
Yorubas are not united. cool
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by seanwilliam(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2020
olowo1995:

How much is your total revenue in Oyo State pls ok that Lagos State will feel the impact, your total revenue is not up to a local government budget in Lagos. Keep shut jooor
u dont have sense
..seriously
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by NGpatriot: 10:10am On Jan 18, 2020
new2012:
All I can see Herr is that Tinubu has a lot of giyd in his payroll to defend him.

AB auditing Lagos is massive conflict of interest and shouldn't happen.

Governors in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa won elections even in PDP states after aggreing to hire AB? Even in Ghana and other West African countries?

You people need to slow down with your super stories. grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by traihit: 10:10am On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

why bad mouthing someone else's privately registered company like a child, just for political gains? are the states like Bayelsa using alphabeta or northern states, even west african countries complaining of bad service? or why try pull someone 100 years ahead of you down?

the fool even mentioned alpha beta consulting... he should limit his immaturity to insulting Ajimobi if he wants to last in politics

To be honest, I don't defend any of these guys anymore. Tinubu as a person rarely mention the name of individuals but GSM and Seyi Makinde are playing their games which is because Oyo State's politics is mostly played with malice in heart. What I'm certain of is that the badmouthing of Seyi Makinde on Alpha-Beta is useless except Alpha-Beta is actually a looting machine.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by new2012: 10:11am On Jan 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Please, explain or show us the conflict of interest.

There's also conflict of interest in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa and other West African countries where AB operates?

You are not making any sense.

Its difficult to explain such stuff to you since your focus isn't on understanding what it is neither is your mind opened to other views that differs from yours.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by safarigirl(f): 10:12am On Jan 18, 2020
helinues:

Are you from Oyo state?
is it only Oyo indigenes that are living in Oyo? undecided

Nigerians need to stop being concerned with state of origin, but state of residence. You are paying tax in your state of residence, not your state of origin and anywhere you are paying tax should be your concern, not the state of origin some have not been to in over a decade.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by new2012: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Governors in Abia, Imo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kano, Plateau and Nasarawa won elections even in PDP states after aggreing to hire AB? Even in Ghana and other West African countries?

Guy calm down, nobody is fighting with or arguing with you.

You have the field, defend, argue, win, rinse and repeat! It always never change the truth from what it is and mind you. Evil doesn't triumph over good for ever!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by YorubaLord: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

Everywhere in the world Government has lobby group, and Politicians have company they patronize due to political factors..

Do you think if not for US government, Microsoft , Apple and even Facebook would grow this exponetialy? absolutely not we know they trade private data to government so its not only Alakija and Dangote that get government patronage

[b]Tinubu is a Private citizen for 13 years on so legally there cant be a proof of conflict of intrest as fashola isnt related to him nor sanwo [/b]olu

I totally understand lobbying as part of a transparent system like the U.S NOT Nigeria. These big corporations sponsor the Political candidates and parties to get favorable and profitable laws passed on their behalf. Theu posses an effective watchdog within their systems UNLIKE Nigeria.

Just like how health care Insurance companies lobby their way with Obamacare which made Unitedhealth Group and Optum the biggest healthcare Insurer in the world.

As a former employee of IBM, a former Iraqi Vet as a Strategic Financial Consultant with the U.S Airforce and currently a Finance Manager for Google Inc. I can categorically tell you the impact of lobbying on these companies aren't comparable to their actual capabilities. How come the U.S government had to bail out GM with tax payers money with all their lobbying activities? When there's healthy competition, the economy booms. GM had to step up to match their foreign counterparts.

Really? A private citizen with a private public interest in the state's affairs and finances. Tinubu's interest in both AB and Lagos government is one that can nvr be overstated. We all know the dark actions and activities of these guys are akin to that of a Cabal. The whole state of Lagos and the citizens are held to ransome at their mercies. angry

I'll stop here as I don't think we're or can ever be on the same page in this regard.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by excessmon(m): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2020
I advice before u talk politics u go back and make ur English in waec first.
9jii:
Topical PDP type of governing leaving the important aims of being in power by creating divisions to sway the people attention to politics of hatred.
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by traihit: 10:14am On Jan 18, 2020
press9jatv:
over 60 accounts was blocked by GSM, this accounts was opened during Ajimobi era. More treasury was recorded. More loopholes of the treasury was blocked.

Let's be honest here. They closed over 60 accounts and compiled the funds there to generate 5Billion naira and then went ahead to say that Ajimobi didn't leave anything? The 60 accounts that were closed, didn't they have statements to prove whether they're loopholes and who's benefitting from them?

Just understand that there's hardly any politician in Nigeria that's to be supported. Even Ajimobi didn't have some ambiguity that this Seyi has. I'm just pleased he came into governance with high level of preparedness.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by YorubaLord: 10:17am On Jan 18, 2020
Basher8583:

Well Tinubu is doing it in Lagos and no State in Nigeria not even Abuja can replicate the success of Lagos ....as I speak you are most probably a hustler in Lagos after packing your Ghana must go to abandon your failed States in the East

What success are you talking about? Lagos is performing way below her capabilities from a Capability-Index perspective. A state with >18 million inhabitants with that sort of revenue is very, very poor indeed. Go figure!

I'm a true son of the soil. A Yoruba to the core!
Omo ka'aro oji'ire fun ara re! cool
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by KlineEliah: 10:17am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
YorubaLord:

I totally understand lobbying as part of a transparent system like the U.S NOT Nigeria. These big corporations sponsor the Political candidates and parties to get favorable and profitable laws passed on their behalf. Theu posses an effective watchdog within their systems UNLIKE Nigeria.

Just like how health care Insurance companies lobby their way with Obamacare which made Unitedhealth Group and Optum the biggest healthcare Insurer in the world.

As a former employee of IBM, a former Iraqi Vet as a Strategic Financial Consultant with the U.S Airforce and currently a Finance Manager for Google Inc. I can categorically tell you the impact of lobbying on these companies aren't comparable to their actual capabilities. How come the U.S government had to bail out GM with tax payers money with all their lobbying activities? When there's healthy competition, the economy booms. GM had to step up to match their foreign counterparts.

Really? A private citizen with a private public interest in the state's affairs and finances. Tinubu's interest in both AB and Lagos government is one that can nvr be overstated. We all know the dark actions and activities of these guys are akin to that of a Cabal. The whole state of Lagos and the citizens are held to ransome at their mercies. angry

I'll stop here as I don't think we're or can ever be on the same page in this regard.
[/s]
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by KlineEliah: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by NGpatriot: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2020
new2012:

Guy calm down, nobody is fighting with or arguing with you.

You have the field, defend, argue, win, rinse and repeat! It always never change the truth from what it is and mind you. Evil doesn't triumph over good for ever!

What you said just didn't make sense because many of their clients are PDP states and many APC states in the SW are not AB clients.

There's no reason to make up lies and stories just because you don't like the man.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by KlineEliah: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

not disputing the fact on mesh wires and fencing, but why fix what isnt broken? West Energy Africa did a perfect job in Oyo State Cleaning it up why disband them without alternatives or accesing how many truck Oyo wast management has?
[/s]
[s]
NGpatriot:

There's a difference between declining to use AB as a company and insulting another individual and denigrating a legitimate private business with clients all over Nigeria and West Africa.

[/s]
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by KlineEliah: 10:19am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

what is bad in tax consulting nitori olorun haa!! i tire for una grin
[/s]
Re: Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right by KlineEliah: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin / Atiku/PDP Branded Campaign Vehicles For 2019 Presidential Election Flood Nigeria / Photos Of Alamieyeseigha On Life Support Before His Death

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.