Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation (50349 Views)

E. Jean Carroll Seeks 'Very Substantial' Damages From Trump / Jean-Pierre: First Black Woman & LGBTQ Person Appointed White House Press Sec / Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Mazigabriel(m): 6:49am On Jan 31, 2020
This is Trump's enemies (Democrats) at work

1 Like

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by wowcatty: 6:54am On Jan 31, 2020
Democrats just recruited her for this like other false allegations and will go where others went too. Remember these people are fighting for their lives and will keep doing this until they finally face justice they have been preventing.
Afritop:
Since 1990 she put the mata for head when Trump is now president
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:00am On Jan 31, 2020
wowcatty:
Says who? The subpoena that will rot where it is, or how soon do you think the court will resolve that? Keep deceiving yourself, go and ask democrats how they hurriedly withdrew their sham subpoena in the past when they remembered there's something called, the constitution.

The Constitution does not protect the president from this. Same way it did not protect Bill Clinton from Monica Lewinsky
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by kunleweb: 7:08am On Jan 31, 2020
wowcatty:
Democrats just recruited her for this like other false allegations and will go where others went too. Remember these people are fighting for their lives and will keep doing this until they finally face justice they have been preventing.

Finally someone from downtown with good understanding of what's going on.

I'm so ashamed that the Democrats see the achievements,acceptance and popularity of Trump and keep emlpoying these devious tactics to have an advantage. Whatever happened to fighting fairly. And to think this string was pulled off right before an election period makes it even more glaring to the discerning. It will end where the others ended. In the thrash

Long live Trump. God bless America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by godofuck231: 7:08am On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:
New York (AP) -- Lawyers for a woman who accuses President Donald Trump of raping her in the 1990s are asking for a DNA sample, seeking to determine whether his genetic material is on a dress she says she wore during the encounter.

Advice columnist E. Jean Carroll’s lawyers served notice to a Trump attorney Thursday for Trump to submit a sample on March 2 in Washington for “analysis and comparison against unidentified male DNA present on the dress.”

Carroll filed a defamation suit against Trump in November after the president denied her allegation. Her lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, then had the black wool coat-style dress tested. A lab report with the legal notice says DNA found on the sleeves was a mix of at least four people, at least one of them male.

Several other people were tested and eliminated as possible contributors to the mix, according to the lab report, which was obtained by The Associated Press. Their names are redacted.

While the notice is a demand, such demands often spur court fights requiring a judge to weigh in on whether they will be enforced.

The Associated Press sent a message to Trump's attorney seeking comment.

Carroll accused Trump last summer of raping her in a Manhattan luxury department store dressing room in the mid-1990s.

In a New York magazine piece in June and a book published the next month, Carroll said she and Trump met by chance, chatted and went to the lingerie department for Trump to pick out a gift for an unidentified woman. She said joking banter about trying on a bodysuit ended in a dressing room, where she said Trump reached under her black wool dress, pulled down her tights and raped her as she tried to fight him off, eventually escaping.

“The Donna Karan coatdress still hangs on the back of my closet door, unworn and unlaundered since that evening,” she wrote. She donned it for a photo accompanying the magazine piece.

Trump said in June that Carroll was “totally lying” and he had “never met this person in my life.” While a 1987 photo shows them and their then-spouses at a social event, Trump dismissed it as a moment when he was “standing with my coat on in a line.”

“She is trying to sell a new book — that should indicate her motivation,” he said in one of various statements on the matter, adding that the book “should be sold in the fiction section.”

Carroll sued Trump in November, saying he smeared her and hurt her career as a longtime Elle magazine advice columnist by calling her a liar. She is seeking unspecified damages and a retraction of Trump’s statements.

“Unidentified male DNA on the dress could prove that Donald Trump not only knows who I am, but also that he violently assaulted me in a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman and then defamed me by lying about it and impugning my character," Carroll said in a statement Thursday.

Her lawyer, Kaplan, said it was “standard operating procedure” in a sexual assault investigation to request a DNA sample from the accused.

“As a result, we’ve requested a simple saliva sample from Mr. Trump to test his DNA, and there really is no valid basis for him to object,” she said.

Trump’s lawyer has tried to get the case thrown out. A Manhattan judge declined to do so earlier this month, saying the attorney hadn’t properly backed up his arguments that the case didn’t belong in a New York court.

The Associated Press typically does not name people who say they have been sexually assaulted, unless they come forward publicly.

Carroll said she didn’t do so for decades because she feared legal retribution from Trump and damage to her reputation, among other reasons. But when the #MeToo movement spurred reader requests for advice about sexual assault, she said, she decided she had to disclose her own account.

Trump, a Republican, isn’t the first president to face the prospect of a DNA test related to a woman’s dress.

Former President Bill Clinton, a Democrat, underwent such a test during an independent counsel investigation into whether he had a sexual relationship with onetime White House intern Monica Lewinsky and then lied in denying it under oath.

After Clinton’s DNA was found on the dress, he acknowledged an "inappropriate intimate relationship" with Lewinsky.

Clinton was impeached by the House in December 1998 and later acquitted by the Senate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-30/ap-exclusive-woman-who-says-trump-raped-her-seeks-his-dna
out of all hoes in the groupie only you waka come?
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by kunleweb: 7:09am On Jan 31, 2020
Ubdavis:

Do not preempt ...

Say what. Someone kept bitterness for 30yeqrs yet you expect her motive to be genuine. Dear, that's a bitter soul
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Dayoara: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2020
So she still have 1990 fabrics that won't have been compromised, I hate rape but where is she going to with this allegation at this point in time.... Am sure you are portiphas wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by orisa37: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2020
She wants the DNA for Witchcraft.
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:15am On Jan 31, 2020
godofuck231:
out of all hoes in the groupie only you waka come?

So Trump moves with "hoes"
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:15am On Jan 31, 2020
kunleweb:

Say what. Someone kept bitterness for 30yeqrs yet you expect her motive to be genuine. Dear, that's a bitter soul

Did you read the OP at all?

Trump said in June that Carroll was “totally lying” and he had “never met this person in my life.” While a 1987 photo shows them and their then-spouses at a social event, Trump dismissed it as a moment when he was “standing with my coat on in a line.”

Carroll said she didn’t do so for decades because she feared legal retribution from Trump and damage to her reputation, among other reasons. But when the #MeToo movement spurred reader requests for advice about sexual assault, she said, she decided she had to disclose her own account.
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by orisa37: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2020
She is ugly. She is old. She is just another Subterfuge.

1 Like

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by kunleweb: 7:18am On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Did you read the OP at all?

I was done with you since yesterday
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:18am On Jan 31, 2020
orisa37:
She is ugly. She is old. She is just another Subterfuge.

She was hot back in the 90s just as Trump likes them
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Bondinus(m): 7:20am On Jan 31, 2020
TEYA:

The guy still lies like a wayward little school boy so which repentance are you talking about? It is the second time in one month that he is denying knowing someone only for pictures to surface showing them together. Trump is one pathetic liar!
Most people snap with celebrities or someone they know when they see them, doesn't mean they both know each other. That's also a fact
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by fredoooooo: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2020
She should be jailed forever , useless being angry

1 Like

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Bondinus(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Go and read about the case and know that it is not just because of a DNA that made the courts demand Trump's DNA. Witnesses have testified
He could as well...not go.
Or say he won't give. His DNA is his private property and their law protects anything personal

1 Like

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2020
Bondinus:

Most people snap with celebrities or someone they know when they see them, doesn't mean they both know each other. That's also a fact

If you are referring to Lev Parnas then know that two videos/audios have been released of him having a private dinner with Trump and discussing top American future policies of which Trump took advice from Lev Parnas and acted on it immediately. (Someone he claimed not to know or ever met)

His wife both last and current plus all his children all knew Lev Parnas and Trump himself gave authorization for his last Lawyer to represent Lev Parnas in court (Someone he claimed he never met or knew right?)
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by fredoooooo: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2020
Mazigabriel:
This is Trump's enemies (Democrats) at work

Obvious from the onset

1 Like

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by isaiahethan: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Justice delayed should not be Justice denied. She says she was raped and provided evidence despite Trump denying as he always does when things go south for him. Now all he has to do is provide his DNA and prove he did not rape her and thus get more love from the American people. How would proving you are innocent tarnish your image?

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by isaiahethan: 7:29am On Jan 31, 2020
GamalNasser:

Trump is not going anywhere Mister man ..you are waiting for him to go so Islamic terrorism can have a free reign once more but you lie ..Better go and face the job evil Buhari gave you and stop wishing .

God bless you, ignore that fool

2 Likes

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:30am On Jan 31, 2020
Bondinus:

He could as well...not go.
Or say he won't give. His DNA is his private property and their law protects anything personal

Once you are accused of rape it is no longer your private property.

Her lawyer, Kaplan, said it was “standard operating procedure” in a sexual assault investigation to request a DNA sample from the accused.
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by wowcatty: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2020
Democrats are using all these as distractions so we don't ever get to hear their crimes from Durham and Barr. I hope Trump will go ahead and start declassifying anyway, waiting for democrats to stop their madnessis is a waste of time, democrats will never stop cos their lives depend on it. Moving all these criminals to prison is not an easy task but only Trump can do it, thank God for this POTUS!

kunleweb:

Finally someone from downtown with good understanding of what's going on.

I'm so ashamed that the Democrats see the achievements,acceptance and popularity of Trump and keep emlpoying these devious tactics to have an advantage. Whatever happened to fighting fairly. And to think this string was pulled off right before an election period makes it even more glaring to the discerning. It will end where the others ended. In the thrash

Long live Trump. God bless America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Bondinus(m): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2020
kunleweb:

grin grin grin grin
Hilarious
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by kunleweb: 7:34am On Jan 31, 2020
wowcatty:
Democrats are using all these as distractions so we don't ever get to hear their crimes from Durhamand Barr. I hope Trump will go ahead and start declassifying anyway, waiting for democrats to stop their madnessis is a waste of time, democrats will never stop cos their lives depend on it.

It hasn't gotten this bad before now. To put party interest against national interest seems to be something the Dems are engrossed with. The popularity of Trump and his fine handling of issues all of this is what the Dems are furious about. I'm pissed. They should spend time to groom better candidates and quit the hate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by tomdon(m): 7:37am On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Go and read about the case and know that it is not just because of a DNA that made the courts demand Trump's DNA. Witnesses have testified

The witnesses should be charged for conspiracy cos there's nothing they want to witness to except lies. Not pursuing it since then for whatever reason she gave is too flimsy
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Bondinus(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

If you are referring to Lev Parnas then know that two videos/audios have been released of him having a private dinner with Trump and discussing top American future policies of which Trump took advice from Lev Parnas and acted on it immediately. (Someone he claimed not to know or ever met)

His wife both last and current plus all his children all knew Lev Parnas and Trump himself gave authorization for his last Lawyer to represent Lev Parnas in court (Someone he claimed he never met or knew right?)

Is there a video or audio that showed Trump told his lawyer to represent the Lev guy.
What if Trump's lawyer is just a friend to the Lev guy and linked him to Trump. Nobody thought of that too.
That I shake you whenever I see you doesn't mean I know you. He might just be another casual guy to him. Cos know pass know
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Bondinus(m): 7:40am On Jan 31, 2020
Blindersoff:

Once you are accused of rape it is no longer your private property.

My dear, you just said accused, it's not final.so no I disagree with you there
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2020
Bondinus:

Is there a video or audio that showed Trump told his lawyer to represent the Lev guy.
What if Trump's lawyer is just a friend to the Lev guy and linked him to Trump. Nobody thought of that too.
That I shake you whenever I see you doesn't mean I know you. He might just be another casual guy to him. Cos know pass know

I can see you ignored the first one where I said they were both on a private dinner along with Jailed Igor Fruman who made the video and they discussed Ukraine and the former US ambassador there and updated Trump on what she was doing and Trump immediately told them to get her out, take her out, do it.

They discussed a lot more in the 1hr 47min video and same Lev Parnas is a major donor to Trump campaign and a member of the inner circle of "Team Trump" which gives him access to the best services and rooms in Trump Hotel where he has shown pictures of himself with key members of Trump's inner circle including Trump Jr and Ivanka
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by wowcatty: 7:45am On Jan 31, 2020
They are fighting for their lives! They can see their end is around, so they are giving a fight of lifetime, throwing everything at him and praying something sticks but nothing is working so far. So expect more of the most ridiculous allegations to surface as they run out of ammunitions but God got him. They have also lined up funerals to take away people's attention but in the end truth wins!

kunleweb:

It hasn't gotten this bad before now. To put party interest against national interest seems to be something the Dems are engrossed with. The popularity of Trump and his fine handling of issues all of this is what the Dems are furious about. I'm pissed. They should spend time to groom better candidates and quit the hate
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by Blindersoff: 7:49am On Jan 31, 2020
Bondinus:

My dear, you just said accused, it's not final.so no I disagree with you there

You don't get it. One you are accused of rape and evidence provided to defend your claim which in this case the woman presented her dress worn on that day which has been tested and one male DNA found on it then Trump has to present his DNA to show that it is either his own or not. Same thing was done with Clinton when he first denied Monika Lewinsky. His DNA was demanded for which he provided and when it was shown that his DNA was actually on Monika he started confessing
Re: E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation by donkingzton01(m): 7:51am On Jan 31, 2020
SimDan95:
Let's get this straight, since 1990 till date she couldn't press charges even knowing he is a multi billionaire, but recently some unseen force has compelled her to sue him now he's a president.

Madam one question for you, are you related to busola dakolo. well I ain't surprised no be woman again they are well capable of giving the devil a run for his money when it comes to lies and manipulation.

You are now pressing for a DNA test, u could have brushed against his body, or come in bodily contact with him one way or another. Unless you can provide semen residue on that dress of yours that's identical to Trump's you are more or less a fvcking wh0re

I know say nah dis kine post dey sweet OP, anything to implicate Trump while you support Tyranny, nepotism and corruption your own government dish on a platter to you. Take a chill pill and lick your balls you're in a long ride to utter disappointment.

Some Women are just ..............................

Even if she can provide semen residue to show that they had sex , how can he prove that it wasn't consensual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd / Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) / CNN Fires Don Lemon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.