Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me (60498 Views)

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! / My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by silento(m): 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
He will change for sure , not humbles a man like std
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
So sorry for what happened. Do you always tell him NO when he wants to minister to you? As this could push him outside
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Dollabiz: 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
Really
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by kfrosh: 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
I'm not trying to justify cheating or any of sort, but these things are glaring and it's even proven from the bible. David was a philanderer, Solomon married 700 wives and had 300 concubines, we can go on and on. Men are are polygamous in nature, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow. That's why men need to be highly disciplined not to cheat on their woman. And this takes only the grace of God.
Pavore9:

God "created you" that way and still commands you not to commit fornication nor adultery? He created you in His own image, to be the physical and spiritual head of your home and not to sleep around like a dog.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Hottdawgg: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
@Op
The disease was obviously chronic and you have had it for quite sometime. It's not unusual for symptoms to abate and reappear again and again after repeated antibiotics.

Even though your husband admitted to cheating, the infection you had may have predated your marriage and the 3yr timeline of your last intercourse with another male. In order words your Fallopian tubes may have been ruined from this infection before your marriage hence your inability to achieve conception from beginning.

My advice? Marriage is for adults, not for kids not advanced dating. So stop whining. Join hands with your husband who obviously still loves you and see how you can deal with your fertility challenge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by miniziter(m): 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
izospindle:
Why will a married man have an affair without condom, sometimes I wonder the kind of mind some people get undecided

That condom aspect is the reason am afraid of having extra marital affair because I love it raw. I better stay faithful than to use a condom.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by unclemaths(m): 3:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
I am so sorry about what you went through. Right now, you are exhibiting symptoms of mild depression which might escalate if not treated ASAP.
1. Try to forgive your husband. What has happened has happened. So long as he doesn't go overboard again, please, let go of resentment and forgive him.
2. Talk to your boss and request for some time off work. You need this to heal.
3. Talk to your doctor immediately (a female doctor is best for you right now) and discuss your persistent feelings of sadness. You really need help right now but you are not opening up communication channel with your mum, neither are you opening your heart fully to your husband. Yea, you feel a righteous indignation. At the same time, to bottle your feelings up is really not the best.

It is good you came on the forum to at least speak up your mind. Please, getting help is the best thing you can do for yourself and for your loved ones.
Do the Math!

May God answer your prayers on having a child very soon.
Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by doctor306(m): 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2020
Be specific is dat the nature of ur father or ur brothers didirin
MANGAM:
Its the nature of men to cheat and sleep around. The only thing a man sees in every woman is sex. The man loves with is peniss and the woman with her heart. God created us this way.
It takes a lot of maturity and self control not to cheat as a man

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by golddare: 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?

I thank God it wasn't HIV so stop beating yourself over what you cant change.
A lot of things are going on in the society now and believe me men faced a lot of temptations. Your only task is to find out if he is really remorseful, if he has cut ties with the woman. If he hasn't you need to either manage him in prayers or get out.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by unekwu212: 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
Sorry about it ma.... But I will advise that once in a month we should take antibiotics whether there's signs of infection or not to help cleanse the entire body.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by MrSquint: 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
Most men cheat but stupid ones do without protection.

Stay strong and pls make yourself happy somehow.
You'll be fine, just give yourself time.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by berbs: 3:28pm On Feb 08, 2020
faithfull18:

I tell you, it's disheartening. I know of a man who gave his wife HIV, luckily for her she survived it, last time she was tested, wasn't found in her system anymore but the man died.
Now I bless God.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by 2baga(m): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
you really need time to heal, but please forgive yourself first and find a way to re-connect with your husband......

Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by berbs: 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
golddare:

I thank God it wasn't HIV so stop beating yourself over what you cant change.
A lot of things are going on in the society now and believe me men faced a lot of temptations. Your only task is to find out if he is really remorseful, if he has cut ties with the woman. If he hasn't you need to either manage him in prayers or get out.
They said she can't have a child again... Maybe for now whereas a HIV mother can still get pregnant and have a child if the viral load is undetectable. Crazy world that we live in.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by AfroKnight: 3:32pm On Feb 08, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

Get a boyfriend that looks similar to your husband and have a baby for him. Make your husband pay for the kid until the kid is grown and then tell him the truth.

Or.....you’re only 26, you have the world ahead of you. You can dump him and find someone else.

That’s on the off chance that you’re not another troll account created for sensational stories.

No hypocrite should quote me to talk nonsense please. Thanks.

This one so angry at men that she wants to destroy the lives of another woman and her child.

grin cheesy grin Feminism at its finest.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Witchersunited: 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

Get a boyfriend that looks similar to your husband and have a baby for him. Make your husband pay for the kid until the kid is grown and then tell him the truth.

cheesy cheesy as the saying goes; experience is the best teacher lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Martinez39s(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
Pavore9:

God "created you" that way and still commands you not to commit fornication nor adultery? He created you in His own image, to be the physical and spiritual head of your home and not to sleep around like a dog.
grin #Checkmate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by mywells: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2020
We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis.

The man is not at fault likewise the wife, 3yrs without kids is enough to justify a man to sleep around like dog all in the search of a child,then what's the essence of their relationship or whatever.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dump his ass before he infects you with a more deadly disease.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by goshen26: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:

You are the determinant of your own happiness sis, don't trade it.

Try see a counsellor, a trusted one
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by JimD(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
Right now you feel stupid and dumb... Like you've been duped. You're going to feel that for a long time. And rightly so. You need to punish him... Let him live without sex and some normal things you do for him for a short while... You'll regain your sanity and your confidence.

And if he goes back out, dump his ass. At least you have no kids with hin yet. Its better to be living and single than to be HIV infected because of fucking "love"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
The Next one will soon be HIV. Please leave him. Forgive and go your way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by PastorandMentor(m): 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
Devil
cococandy:
Two options

Or.....you’re only 26, you have the world ahead of you. You can dump him and find someone else.

That’s on the off chance that you’re not another troll account created for sensational stories.

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by IranianSea: 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:

Stop name calling. If You were to be the woman you would do the same.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by IdeasPro(m): 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:

If you truly know and believe in God, I think your inner peace will be restored. You cannot trust man but God. Only God cannot disappoint you. Why not cling to Him today so that the only peace you need for the rest of your life will not be forcefully taken away from you?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by franchasng: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:

Eh yaah.....how a married man have sex with other women without condom amazes me honestly....and again how can a married man be cheating with a single mother....an after 1, of all the single, young, pretty, healthy teenage girls out there, na wa o angry angry angry

Oh yeah, I know they will come for my head for indirectly supporting cheating, but let me tell you, all the Churches and everywhere have been preaching fidelity to married men yet married men all over the world keep having not one, not two, not even three mistresses, but sometimes uncountable number of mistresses depending on his financial capability and popularity and looks......so why should I waste my precious time talking about men being faithful to their wives when I know its like pouring water on a rock hoping it will penetrate the rock and make it soft shocked shocked shocked

Men if you are married and decides to cheat for any reason, please oh use a condom!! Wearing condom properly and always prevents HIV and other STDs and STIs.......forget about other methods because HIV can only be contracted in an airtight situation of fluid or blood transfer; air renders HIV virus incapacitated to infect shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by farady(m): 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2020
Sad!!! What can I say? Maybe you take a break to sort yourself out. But what could have led him to cheating on you? You need to find out from him. Try getting to the root cause of his cheating on you, if you still love him (I know it's hard)

Something however tells me, he will not change. How is your devotion to God like for both of you? I sense so much disconnect in your relationship. Learn to build your home in the Lord. Las Las na for both of una to go MFM for serious deliverance in order to go back to factory settings.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by franchasng: 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

All the super classy, super hot....sexylicious, hottie dazzling spotless, flawless skin with killer shape and amazing family background+awesome career single ladies that have never been married have not all gotten married oh, now talk of a lady that has been married for 3 years.....I love the way ladies give themselves false hope sha, kontinu grin grin grin

....and who said the next man she will leave her current husband for won't bring HIV home through his deadly cheating this time cheesy cheesy

As for boyfriend or sex mate, she can get even Cristiano Ronaldo for that if she has the shape and beauty, but when it comes to husband, na their wahala de oh shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by obowunmi(m): 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:

If they asked you to leave your husband, you will NEVER leave.

Hang in tight. the Lord is your strength.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by kay29000(m): 3:56pm On Feb 08, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

OP, whatever you do, don't listen to this woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Has 97 Wives: God Gives Me Power To Satisfy Them Sexually(Pics) / I Apply ‘love Charm’ On My Manhood To Win My Wife Back – Man Tells Court / Woman Kneels Down To Thank Her Husband After Graduating With PhD, See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.