Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (36263 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by janami(f): 9:45am On Mar 21, 2008
my grandma. i lost her last month. It could have been a glorious exit but for the pain she had to go through before her death sad. May her gentle and loving soul rest in perfect peace. I am going to light a million candles for her smiley
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bluehorizo(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2008
This is for my parents,lost my mom Dec 15th 2006 and 45 days later lost my dad on Feb 1st 2007. Words are not enough to show you how much i miss you both. You will forever remain my Pillars. I love you mom and dad. My wife and our unborn child miss you.

Also my Aunt (Iyabode Lawal)memories linger on. I can never forget your impacts and efforts in my life. Sunkanmi and Jibola miss you.

REST IN PEACE. ADIEU!!!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by saha(f): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2008
In memory of maryam,aisha,hadiza,saad,& my mom
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ifyalways(f): 7:15pm On Mar 24, 2008
Nonso and Blessing cry cry cry cry cry same day,same hour,same minute cry cry cry cry cry cry
i try to live cry cry cry to push pass the past cry cry cry cry i love you both and oh ! well God knows why it happened then cry cry cry cry cry its been 2 long years cry cry cry cry cry
when peace like a river attendeth my way. . . . .
It is well with my soul !

the whole candles in the world wont be enough for me.the pains,the tears. . .I love you big boy and little angel cry cry cry .i pray you both find peace and solace in the bossom of God.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by chrisoml(m): 7:26am On Mar 25, 2008
This morning am lighting up dozens of candles for these three great and cherished people in my life that have gone to the grave beyond.
One is for my Dearly beloved grand mum, Mrs. Christiana Obilor who passed on February 2002. "DA" as you are always called by everyone, one are more than everything to me. you laid the foundation of life for me and on that very foundation that I have built my life upon till date, on how to be honest to myself and also have respect for others. There are many more good reports to be said about you, I just want to say that I appreciate that have you did you did for me and that I missed you so much.
The second candle is for a family relation Ahamefule. Dear brother news of your tragic death in 1998 broke me down in different ways. infact I have never felt that way my entire life before which made to see life the other way round. You left so soon without even saying goodbye. As am writing this right now am still feeling you close to me. I cant just get you out of my mind. Memories of you still lives forever on my mind, if there is a way to rewind the hand of TIME and bring you back I would have done so just for you. "Amenco", may you gentle soul rest forever in peace in Jesus name.
Lastly, this candle here is for one of my girl friend's Mum, Mrs. Akerele who passed on Good Friday 21st of March 2008. I could not believe the news of your passing away when i first heard about it, I was touched for the second time in my life. Right now am praying that, may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace with our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rest in PEACE also to all other people not mentioned here. ADIEU! sad sad cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bluehorizo(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2008
Each time i stumble upon this thread,my heart weeps for the lost ones. Rest in peace.
E ma je okun, e ma je ekolo, Ohun tan je lajule orun ni ki e ma bawon je.

I will forever love you.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Johnny(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2008
I'm lighting this unqencheable candle for my dad, Mr Emmanuel Omale Adunga Enemari, who departed this world on the 9th of January, 2006. He was loving, kind and very playful. I and my siblings will dearly miss him. Adieu dad. We love you, but God loves you more. Continue to rest in His hands untill we meet to part no more.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Johnny(m): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2008
I have always wondered why death will always take away the people that are mostly cheerished. I just lighted a candle for my lovely father who died on Jan.,9th 2006. As I was about closing the page, three people whose death will never depart from my mind came to my memory. Uptill now that I'm putting this down, I have not stopped wondering why death will ever think of taking those people let alone snatching them from their loved ones.

-Major Ahmed Ogboji (Rtd); This man was my Uncle, my mum's first counsin. He was a pillar in his immediate and extended family. Despite his tight schedules, this man will always have your audience. He was generous, jovial and very likeable. Then one night, he was driving in Makurdi town, unknown to him that what stood before him as a moving Coca Cola truck was indeed a stationary one; and he ran into it! He never left there alive.

-Aunty Ladi Gabriel; We were neighbours in my village. She stayed in kano, from where she was the pillar in her family. She brought back the hope of the family, built a befitting house for her mum, got jobs for her younger ones and was very generous too. Then in December 2003, this wonderful woman travelled all the way from Kano to spend the Christmas with her family. The journey was successful and the celebration came and went peacefully and joyfully. Then she embarked on a trip to visit her friend in one of the neighboring towns with two of her kids. On their way home, the bus in which they were travelling somersaulted while on high speed. An accident that could not even claim the life of the baby the woman had, claimed Aunty Ladi's life. She died three days after in the hospital. I was devastated. The mum was devastated. Everybody was devastated.

-Rev. Paul Green Obekpa; Rev. Paul was one young man who was doing excellently well in the vinyard of God. In six years, he had built a large church with church memebers numbering above a thousand at Ado, New Karu, Nasarawa state near Abuja. He was a preacher of Holiness, a down to earth young man, blunt but sincere. Then one day, while I was doing my Youth service in Ibadan, my brother who was once a pastor in the church called me that Rev. Obekpa had died. Unbelievable! He was sick, taken to the hospital and gave up to ghost there.

How many candles will I light for these ones! Their death will ever remain in my memory. They died at the time they were mostly needed. Death must be e very wicked monster.
Adieu to you all. May your souls continue to rest in peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Dynamite98: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2008
I'm lighting 2 candles for my beloved Dad and my lovely sister. You both departed too soon. I miss you everyday cry cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by tRoOE(f): 5:33am On Mar 27, 2008
I light a candle for my grandma, today mark the 15yrs you passed away. We all misses you especially me, you are always on our minds, and you might be dead but not forgotten. Luv u always.

I know we shall meet some day in heaven, by that time i would be able to fill you in about all the things you missed during my whole growing up
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by pees(f): 2:11pm On Mar 27, 2008
I light a candle my beloved big sister
     who death took away from in 2001.
      i was just 16years old,and i needed u so much,
       i grew up with u,no one to share my joy,my fun,
       my stories about my relationship,my marriage and
       and so much.I MISSED HER SO MUCH' sad sad cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by manchester(f): 11:13am On Apr 18, 2008
I LOVE to light one for my little nephew, Chimaobi.
Just like Yesterday, year 2007 January 9th precisely early hours of the morning you left wothout saying Goodbye Though you were just a year and six months cry , I miss you dearly. I know you are there Praying to for us. we Love you, CHIMOBILe, MOMO as u were formally called.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bigp(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2008
i light a candle for my mom who i didnt get to see(died when i was born), LOVE YOU MOM
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ifyalways(f): 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2008
Macharia cry cry cry cry am lost for words,it still sounds so untrue to me cry cry cry cry
what about our plans?moi,tu et kukuwe?tours of Nairobi? cry cry cry cry cry
we love you Machy,we miss you and we wud always do remember you.
Adieu Machy cry cry cry cry cry cry cry sad
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by geegee(f): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2008
this evening im lighting candles for my friends,family and love one

im lighting 3 candles for my friends Babajide osho, Babajide Ogunbiyi and Femi adelowo
who died in 1999 in a car crash on the same day.you guys where the best.

im also lighting a candle my my cousin my Aniekan who died of AIDS
and for my friend Gloria who also died of AIDS.may your soul rest in peace.

im also lighting a candle for Yemi Adeshino who died in 1990 and was only 19
i have never stop thinking of you and will always love u.
may your soul rest in peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by paaj: 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2008
This is the saddest, yet the most meaningful and realistic thread i have ever read on nairaland. i have never lost anyone as close as a family and i have never imagined how much that could hurt until i read this thread. it brought tears rolling down my eyes. May our good God of comfort, comfort u all in bearing these losses.

My heartfelt sympathy and condolences to u all.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bigrose: 12:25am On Apr 25, 2008
cry cry [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]i light a candle for my dear daddy who passed on in 97 when i just finished my year one in school it was really painful so painful that i almost killed myself but thank God for his mercies he has giving me the heart to bear the loss, man it wasn't easy loosing you dad, its one of the hardest challenges i have faced through out my life time, i miss you dad i really miss you all the pains your departure has caused are more than words could say,i know we will meet someday and ill tell you all about it, i light this candle to all the good memories and wonderful deed you left behind,sleep well. cry cry cry cry sad sad sad sad cry
and to my dear aunt i light this candle Mrs Florence okpala i love you and really Miss you so much, sleep well  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Ebonyj(f): 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2008
cry I am doing this for my lovely beautiful baby Christina Oluwaloni, who was born sleeping on the 31st of December cry. I wish you had been alive even for a second. But God knows best.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mellow(m): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2008
This is for a dear friend ABBA USMAN who lost his life in the sixth month of our National Youth Service

in Rivers State. We missed you will be an understatement, you left a vacuum in our heart too deep

to be filled by any other. MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PIECE. AMEN. ]MILLION CANDLES JUST FOR YU.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Appearance(m): 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2008
The brightest candle to Daddy;

Death snatched you from us when we needed you most in 1992
You left us with deeply embedded principles that has guided us all these years.
Christain, Chinedu and Mum has joined you since then,
We will all see one day, , some day.

A candle for Christian;

You were a lovely younger brother.
Respectful and adorable.
Your death in 1995 shook us all to our bones.
We all thought it was a dream.
But we never woke out of the dream till date,
I love you so immeasurably

Another candle for my big brother; Chinedu;

You passed on to the great beyond on 31st December, 1997 after your NYSC,
Taking lots of shine and vivacity with you.
I use to come to your grave at midnight hoping to see you, , even your ghost,
But gave up when it dawned on me that you are really gone.
I will miss you forever!

One more candle for my darling mother;

Chinedu's death broke your heart.
You were inconsolable and you mourned him for four years.
You loved us all but you couldn't stand the pain of yet another lost.
You died in my arms in the hospital in August 2001.
The pain of your death will eternally remain inexpressible.

To you all that were once an integral part of my life, ,
ADIEU.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Zandra1(f): 1:51am On Apr 26, 2008
This thread makes me cry soooo much. God be with u all kiss.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Adennem(f): 10:46am On May 07, 2008
I light this candle for my sister Uchenna Rosenna Ndubueze, who left on September 19th, 2004.
you were taken in your prime leaving us all so painfully miserable.
i still walk around with a peppery feeling in my chest. the pain never goes away. time has just made it more bearable.
we all love you dear Sister.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by welli(f): 3:23pm On May 07, 2008
i light this candle for ma dad who departed on d 15th of may last yr.i love you nd i always will.REST IN PEACE
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Cheekyminx(f): 1:13am On May 10, 2008
I light this candle for my father, who passed away on the 7th of nov 2004. I thank God for giving me someone like you as a father, you were kind, gentle, loving, giving and caring to all of us.

I was not always nice to you, but i have change and i beg for your forgiveness.

We love you daddy cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by JoyceAgim(f): 2:39am On May 10, 2008
cry i light dis unquencheable candle for my mum LATE MRS E.O.AGIM. who passed to the world beyond on the 26 OF JULY 2006 to rest in the bossom of our Lord.Mummy u re always remmembered,even though you left dis world to the other side you will always be our loving mother.I miss u a lot mum and wish a lot dat the cold hands of death nva took u away from us.wish i cud turn bk the hands of tym to the good old days,bt since i can't,mummy i wish you an enternal rest till we meet to part no more. cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by JoyceAgim(f): 2:43am On May 10, 2008
cry i light dis unquencheable candle for my mum LATE MRS E.O.AGIM. who passed to the world beyond on the 26 OF JULY 2006 to rest in the bossom of our Lord.Mummy u re always remmembered,even though you left dis world to the other side you will always be our loving mother.I miss u a lot mum and wish a lot dat the cold hands of death nva took u away from us.wish i cud turn bk the hands of tym to the good old days,bt since i can't,mummy i wish you an enternal rest till we meet to part no more. cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by JoyceAgim(f): 2:45am On May 10, 2008
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mohawkchic(f): 4:11pm On May 10, 2008
~Lighting A candle For My neice TMT Who Would Have Been Two Years Today cry

~Tyra~Marie Words Cannot Express How Much You Are Terribly Missed,I Can Only Ask God To Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Things I Cannot Change. . .Courage To Change The Things I Can Change N Most Of For Wisdom To Understand The Difference. . . Rest On Little Angel. . . Love You To Bits

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by jacq(f): 9:47pm On May 12, 2008
For my brother Alex who passed away.May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by welli(f): 1:34pm On May 15, 2008
this candle is lit for my dad
cry cry cry
   today may 15th makes it a year since you left us. . . .
  it hurts that you had to go bt it hurts most that you
  departed a day to my birthday . . . . . .

i have come  to learn that. . .

you will never knw how much you take people for
    granted till dey are gone.

i regret never telling you how much
        you meant to me before you left
        maybe if you had knwn,you wouldn't ve gone

. . . . but in all,i have come to realise that
       someday,each one of us must go back to our maker
      but if it were up to me . . . i would never let u go

my prayer is that . . . .
    you be wit d lord. . .  . 
   and may that same lord cont to guide me
   as he has always done. ,

i miss you dad,
d only thing that keeps me goin
is d word of GOD PSALM 68:5 . . . .HE IS A FATHER TO THE FATHERLESS

MAY YOUR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE
    AMEN!

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by welli(f): 3:45pm On May 15, 2008
cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by jamah(m): 12:17am On May 25, 2008
I light a beautiful candle with an everlasting flame for my dearest mom: Lady Francesca! It still feels so strange that you are no more with us like you used to. But of course, you are very much in a better place than this world of pain and hopelessness. I miss you dearly. God knows we all do and love you still and more. embarassed sad

I also light a candle for my cousin: Wole. It feels painful that you spent such a short time on earth. I wish there was more we could do for you while you were still with us. May your soul rest in God's bossom.

For my aunty that was just buried last week: Mrs Adeite. I reminice on the good old days when everything was fine, your looks and your gentle, loving kindness and i do nothing but smiiiile. May your soul rest in peace too.

I light a candle for aaaaall the rest of my loved ones and family friends who have passed on to eternal glory. May God's eternal light shine upon you all and your souls - through the mercy of God- rest in peace. AMEN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Baby Skin Lightening / Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / Please Have You Seen This Mum & Daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.