Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (36151 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by PLAYETTE(f): 4:59am On May 25, 2008
I light a million candles for my beloved, Okwuchukwu (Okwy) Ugbana who passed on February 7, 2008. You were the kindest person I ever knew. You gave so much yet you expected so little. You were loved by everyone who knew you. You were always there when I needed a friend to talk to or a shoulder to lean on. Till this day I cannot believe you are gone forever. Everyday since you passed I have made a wish, from wishing I could just see your face one more time to wishing you were still here, But the good Lord knows best. I console myself everyday with the fact that you were a true christian; you lived for and loved the Lord dearly, and you did his will.

I spoke to you the day before and i didnt even say, "I love you" or "Goodbye", but you know deep in your heart how i feel about you. I never thought you would die, I mean, how could I have? I guess I took that for granted and I am sorry. I am trying to move on but it is hard. It is hard not talking you everyday like I did in the past, or sharing my dreams and aspirations with you, or you teasing me and telling me about business and stuff. I know you are in a better place, for that reason, I am happy. I pray we meet again, someday, soon, But till that day I will miss you everyday, I LOVE YOU!

I have dedicated this song (Bye bye by Mariah Carey) to you everyday since its release and I know my fellow nairalanders who have lost someone dear will find solace in its words,

This is for my peoples
Who just lost somebody
Your best friend, your baby, your man or your lady
Put your hand way up high
We will never say bye
No, no, no

Mamas, daddies, sisters, brothers, Friends and cousins
This is for my peoples
Who lost their grandmothers
Lift your head to the sky
Cause we will never say bye

As a child there were them times
I didn't get it
But you kept me in line
I didn't know why
You didn't show up sometimes
On Sunday mornings and I missed you
But I'm glad we talked through

All them grown folk things
Separation brings
You never let me know it
You never let it show
Because you loved me and obviously
There's so much more left to say
If you were with me today
Face to face

I never knew I could hurt like this
And everyday life goes on I wish
I could talk to you for a while
Miss you but I try not to cry
As time goes by

And it's true that you've
Reached a better place
Still I'd give the world to see your face
And be right here next to you
But it's like you're gone too soon
Now the hardest thing to do is say

Bye bye
Bye bye, bye bye, bye bye
Bye bye

You never got a chance to see
How good I've done
And you never got to
See me back at number one
I wish that you were here
To celebrate together
I wish that we could
Spend the holidays together

I remember when you used to
Tuck me in at night
With the teddy bear you gave me
That I held so tight
I thought you were so strong
You'd make it through whatever
It's so hard to accept the fact
You're gone forever

As time goes by

Reached a better place

Bye bye
Bye bye

This is for my peoples
Who just lost somebody
Your best friend, your baby
Your man or your lady
Put your hand way up high
We will never say bye

Mamas, daddies, sisters, brothers
Friends and cousins
This is for my peoples
Who lost their grandmothers
Lift your head to the sky
Cause we will never say bye, bye.

As time goes by

Reached a better place

Bye bye
Bye bye

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by NJnC: 10:09am On May 25, 2008
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by PLAYETTE(f): 4:33pm On May 25, 2008
NJnC thank you for putting up the video,
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Bosiano(f): 12:59pm On May 26, 2008
I light a candle for my both parents. My lovely mum who died on the 3rd of January, 2004 & my caring dad who died on the 19th of february, 2005. MAY THEIR GENTLE SOULS REST IN PERFECT PEACE. AMEN
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by welli(f): 2:00pm On May 26, 2008
bosiano, d two of dem re gone? shocked nd i was thinkin d world has cum to an end bcus i lost my dad.anyway,it is well.d lord will help you carry on smoothly.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by amdaysol(m): 1:16am On May 27, 2008
i light a candle for my mum. Things havent been the same since July 3rd, 2006

We'll always miss you
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by kolopin(f): 10:12am On May 28, 2008
papa, even in here ill put on a candle for you. you ve been gone 11 years now but the pain so much seems it has come to stay.
your teachings discipline and the fear of God you encraved into my heart in my most tender years as made me who i am today, only that i cant get to see the smile on your face as i live my life to make all your dreams come true.
the hollow you left in me is too deep that nothing as been able to fill, not love, success or friendship.
if i could wish for any thing it will still be time with you, but since i cant have that, adieu papa, adieu daddy, adieu
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by whoelse(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2008
Forever in our hearts, always.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by benincitys(f): 5:58pm On May 28, 2008
i light a candle for my aunt who pass away 2003 and for my grandmom who pass away last year you two was like a mom to me i will forever rememba you may your souls rest in peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by araoye(m): 3:20pm On May 31, 2008
cryi'm lighting a candle for my love child that passed on 22/06/2003 at the tender age of 9 month i still miss you like ever [color=#770077]BOLUWATIFE PHILIP OLANREWAJU[/color] all i have is your memory as your maam also left me not dead but we dont see again. i know i'll see you soon when we'll stay together forever, but my lil'pip as i call you, I MISS YOU. my heart still bleeds.

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Fummiee(f): 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2008
I lite a candle 4 my cousins biodun and molade who died on the 8th of dec 2000 and may 2006.

I also lite a candle 4 my dad afolabi ajagbe who died on the 3rd of april 2008. May their souls continue 2 rest in peace
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by noetic(m): 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2008
I light a candle to reflect my never dying love for you.
I light a candle for my beloved little sister who passed away on my birthday in year 2000.

I await the grace of God to immortalise you.
Rest in Perfect peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by jaso1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2008
I light a candle for my lovely Mum and dad who passed on at when needed most may there gentle souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by amarula(f): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2008
1 candle 4 fumike olarubofin
1 candle 4 kehinde erarhine
1 candle 4 rita erarhine
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bigrose: 2:03am On Jun 16, 2008
i light this candle for you bar. beatrice ihieme who passed on last month i really do miss you you did not say a word to me before you left but i know that your there in the bosoms of the almighty, i miss you deary
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by CH3COO(m): 6:55am On Jun 25, 2008
b.u.m.p
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by alextayo(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2008
I am lighting a candle for my mum and my younger brother may they rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by beauteous(f): 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2008
Grand ma' i light this candle to let yhu know
that no matter how long it has been synz u departed,
i still think of yhu.yhu're the best.i swerragawd!
it hurts,yhu didn't wait to enjoy d fruit of your labour
bt m sure God wil repay yhu 4 your good deeds.

yhu were a perfect xample of a MOTHER.
i love yhu now nd alwaz.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Ugobaba(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2008
I light up my own candle for my lovely dad which i lost 2004, Dad i still remember you oo, Shine your light on me ooo,
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by beauteous(f): 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2008
never tot i was gon come on dys thread
to light a candle again. . . . . bhut m here now

uncle,today is UR burial,since i can't attend
cuzz m not in naija,i decided to light u a candle here.
@29 death snatched yhu away frm us,
WE LOVE YHU.Its not been easy on mum. . . .
We prayed for God to spare yhur lyf bhut. . . .
I blive he's got a reason.
m kynna speechless now
jst want yhu to knw(that is if d dead can see)
that i love yhu TOO MUCH nd we'll miss yhu greatly.
tis funny how life works. . . .
this time last week,u were alive bhut now,tis a diff stori.
one week,just a week into d sickness nd yhu're gone. . . . .
MAY YHUR SOUL REST IN PERFECT ND PERFECT PEACE
R.I.P.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by GoldFinch(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2008
I light a candle for my grandpa.

@beauty
It's ok, baby. kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by beauteous(f): 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2008
Thanks hun kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ifyalways(f): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2008
Baby Ble cry cry cry cry today is meant to be your birthday cry cry cry cry cry cry ,you and Big Boy cry cry cry cry .the aches and the pains still lingers,the wound still looks deep and fresh.
Ble i miss you,the little fights,plays,hide and seek,throwing pillows . . .I miss everything you
I know u are in a better place,you,big boy and Non cry cry cry cry cry cry
The pâin is tearing me apart,i miss you guys.
The tears keeps flowing,i love you guys.
If i cud turn back the hands of time,damn the fever,damn that car cry cry cry cry cry ,the bad road cry cry cry cry cry cry ooh baby Ble I so miss you.
adieu mon bebe,Dieu c'est mon fort cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by chilove222(f): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2008
I LIGHT A MILLION CANDLES FOR MY GREAT DAD WHO PASS ON TO THE GREAT BEYOND LEAVING HIS EVER BEAUTIFUL AND LOVING WIFE.

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT U ARE EVER IN HER HEART AND WE MISS YOU TOO

ITS ME UR PRINCESS, AM LIGHTING THE CANDLE ON BEHALF OF THE FAMILY

MAY UR SOUL AND THE SOULS OF ALL FAITHFUL DEPARTED REST IN PERFECT PEACE THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. AMEN

SIS UZO GAVE BIRTH TO A WONDERFUL SON.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nj11(f): 5:23am On Sep 06, 2008
I light a candle for my Big brother Eddy cry cry cry cry cry,you left us on the 10th day of December 2006 a week after you 27th birthday,it was so sudden cry cry cry cry you were loved by many ,funny,always have stories to tell when we are all home for the holiday,we miss hearing those stories.
I still look around when am out hoping by God that you pop out and surprise me like you always do and tell it was all a nightmare.We still talk about you like you are around cause in our heart you will live forever.
Love and miss you more than words can say,God needed a great angel so he came for you.
See you in my dreams were we hangout like old times.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by augustluv(f): 8:43am On Sep 07, 2008
i light a candle 4 my dad who died on the 19th of march 2004. Daddy may your gentle soul and all the souls of the faithful who departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.AMEN. May there soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2008
i light candles 4 d ff:
1. Nwaneka Florence Morah
2. Deji
3. Bunmi
4.Ikechukwu Ogbudu , u left her a widow even b4 she married u ,your unborn chld n a devasted mom.
5. Bimbo Odukoya
6. Some many dt bring tears 2 my eyes
GOOD NIGHT
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ifsez: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2008
I light a candle for my beautiful sister Josephine Chinyelu Nwabueze who died from the bullet wound of Armed robbers on the 4th of May 2008.It is still like a dream, May your soul rest in Peace and may you rest in the Lord's bossom.I miss you so much.

I light a candle for my lovely Sister Maureen Nwabueze who died in January 2002.May your kind and generous soul rest in Peace you taught me the meaning of love, I miss you so much,

I light a candle for my daddy,though i didnt know you very well stories of your kindness and generousity still leave after you.May your gentle soul rest in peace,
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by shilling(f): 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2008
I light a candle for my grandpa. It's been almost 10 years now. I wish I was old enough to really get to know you before you left us. But, all I have are photos and our family's recollection of the man that you were. I pray that I find a man with the same principles and values like you had. I really miss you!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by dapsins69(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2008
i lite this candles for GEORGE EGBURONU 2005 n NAHOME IMAHUNLE 2008.both of YabaTech.u r fondly remembrd.naw n always.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by TheJoker1(m): 3:20am On Sep 24, 2008
I really miss my dad. I really loved you dad but i didn't show it and i am so sorry. I wish you were still here.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by MadMax1(f): 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2008
I light candles and envelope the universe in light for my youngest brother. You were one of the funniest, weirdest and warmest human beings it's been my privilege to know and adore, and I miss you so much I cannot tell you. I miss your inventive cheating, our talks and your dreams, and your craziness, and your stubborness and your wacky humour and your conceit over your good looks and your unbelieveable niceness. It was your deep and unusual compassion for others that undergirded our bond, and today and always I wonder why I didn't go instead of you. I wish I could have. I love you so much. I miss you so much. We all do. You left us all heartbroken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From Wedding Ceremony Of Delta Man And His Two Pregnant Brides / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage / Fire Kills Family Of Seven In Lagos Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.