Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,170 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? (45002 Views)

Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? / Man Disfigured A Lady's Car For Rejecting His Advances / Lady Slaps Boyfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal After Six Years Of Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by xrayj(m): 11:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Lamanii22:
No reason per se... But if I'm not attracted to you, I wouldn't accept you.. Even if you have all the money... I believe in the law of attraction...

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
Lamanii22:
No reason per se... But if I'm not attracted to you, I wouldn't accept you.. Even if you have all the money... I believe in the law of attraction...

Magnetism and magnetic Field
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
IME1:
undecided you know it won't be a bad thing or idea if the vaccine or cure for the corona virus plus lassa fever join comes from Africa oh.
All these love interest, s.ex related, celebrity gossip and jollof competition we have for some time now saddled ourselves with is rapidly taking our abilities to be productive.

As in why should Nlers be concerned or informed about reasons why a woman far away in Calabar, Epe, Jos, Sokoto, Jalingo, Abakaliki or even Dutse rejected the marriage proposal of a guy she didn't see the rest of her life with?

Do you know you can meet a good man who is not the right man?

Reasons are past now.
If the ladies are married, why remind them of a romantic past inside marriage with another brother?
If they are not yet married, why make them regret or remember a past that caused a hurt or strain in their relationship?

Not all friendships or relationships must end in marriage and it's not the same as friend zoning, it's just the way it is.

Great friendships have been lost because devil pushed them to try marriage that was not meant to be between them.

I beg rain fall for your side?
Heavy fall for my side oh.
1st rain of 2020 and it beat me even under umbrella cry grin cheesy

God protect us from extreme weather in Jesus name, amen.
Now now the heat no be here oh
You can scoop the sweat running down my back to wash hand tongue cool

Baba where the rain for fall?
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Krazi(m): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
This is Spot on. Ladies, don't be deceived, you might have the perfect fantasy of the ideal man, so you'd reject every other suitor coming your way. You might be financially stable and believe that you don't need a man or family to be happy. In some years to come, sooner or later.... you'd realise the mistakes of those assumptions. No woman ends up happy without marriage or a family.....whether the divorced ones or the unmarried ones.

Amumaigwe:

The ultimate source of happiness is good marriage and good family. Anybody can live in denial of this fact.
After you have earned that 9 figures, cruised in that latest whip, travelled all over the world, it is very depressing to wake up in the morning and still realize that there is no one living who you can confidently lean on his shoulder for comfort or unburden yourself by sharing those intimate issues without shame. Every lady is wired to need those.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by xrayj(m): 11:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
A305:
The fact of the matter is women has no choice/free will.

Women end up marrying who is ready for marriage not who they love but men marry who they love. This is why lots of married women still cheat.

My point is no women has that freedom to reject more than 2 men due to age factor; what if its douchebag who is willing to settle with them after they 29 into their 30s, will she reject?

So it's safe to say women reject men because they not ready for marriage yet.
This is so trueeee
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by bizhop01: 11:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
Still waiting for Dangote,

Woman were the look for a man with Lamborghini she must afford Toyota camry.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Krazi(m): 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
Meanwhile, since we are on this topic....I'm looking for a girl that likes horror movies, smart, interesting and spontaneous. It would be nice to meet someone new.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by A305: 12:00am On Feb 19, 2020
Rozaytee:
deep...God will see women in nigeria tru
who this gorgeous lady here ;100% intelligence black child.

Quite a bummer I still can't figure out a way to do a DM here on Nairaland, I sure would love to hold a conversation with you so I see how deep you are. (wongrass99@gmail.com), Please use the email so you don't get to expose your phone number to the world or you might as well leave me your email so I don't expose my phone number to the world.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by smiliyB(f): 12:12am On Feb 19, 2020
Wolgrace:
Lol... Funny punk guy! Is he the only suitor ever ever approached you?

Lol...No
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by WildChild00(m): 12:17am On Feb 19, 2020
Orubebe01:

Tell me more

Elder Godsday Orubebe shocked
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by maeola(f): 12:27am On Feb 19, 2020
mabea:
Don't be deceived it is a curse. Well you're still young you may not see it now
How sir
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by greggng: 12:28am On Feb 19, 2020
All this gramma will end in bed and divorce shocked
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Treasuredvessel: 12:30am On Feb 19, 2020
I keep seeing men saying women can never be happy without marriage, why does it seem you guys want to determine whether a woman is happy or not by forcing your beliefs on her.The same women whom if asked would prefer not to even be married.I'd like to ask since you guys believe women can't be happy without marriage, so men have the ability to be happy without marriage but not women,mtcheww.I'm close to 30 ,see relationships as stress which is why I've only had one in my life.I don't have time for all the pretence I'd like to try marriage but if peradventure I do not end up with the person am dating,getting into another relationship might be out of the way because men,I don't have energy for all the drama.I'm often baffled when I see people get all excited about getting married and relationships because I understand fully its not a walk in the park.I repeat if not for societal pressure many women wouldn't get married.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 19, 2020
fatymore:
If my spirit doesn't flow or like you...
I will reject even your shadow but not your money tongue
.. you just might end up being the source of that money.. who knows
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by maeola(f): 12:41am On Feb 19, 2020
Akamariner:

I like this also, exactly my point of view.
I only care about helping the less privileged, regardless of gender, age or ethnicity, I'm just neutral and find it difficult to be attached to someone. I'm only a man at heart and in strength, everything else about me seems to be feminine.
I agree with you. I am that way too.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Jozzy4: 12:45am On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

I'm sure there're ladies that like a slow burn pretty much, everywhere lol.

Don't mind those guys, that's how they end up in One sided love ... Slow and steady is good for a guy too, Have never been a victim of one sided love, it's always Mutual and strong. Because I took my time to get to know her.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Exodora: 12:51am On Feb 19, 2020
The first thing that I notice about a guy is his intelligence it does not matter whether he is a graduate or not as long as he chose the right choice of words while he speaks he is good to me.
I hate guys with empty skull , I get angry easily so I wonder how I will come with people like them.
My was 2006 the guy is loaded but thinks like aboki and I could not stand it just have to walk away before I die of low blood pressure.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 19, 2020
Hehehe... Since the punk guy was your only point of story on suitors, you conclusively saying you only had a serious suitor at age 16. Others are snipers, lolz

smiliyB:
Lol...No
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 19, 2020
Lamanii22:

I am the owner... To me, attraction matters. Y'all stop making marriage look like it is the ultimate.. Beiing single is not a curse..

We will save your comment and get back to you 7years time wen jungle don mature......

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 19, 2020
Austineva:
a friend of mine do teach me. But, am a Nigerian. Can u be my friend? I really love and missed d girl in a very big way. She made me love south Africans. We don't communicate any longer because of her studies. She said until September. I wish to have another friend from SA. D girl made me love u guys so much. Can u be my friend?
.. scam
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 19, 2020
missimelda01:
Some men still think like they're in the 80s, imagine showing up in my house one day saying you want to marry me.. excuse me sir, REJECTED.

So because we dated some time ago, you think when you're done playing around I am your last option, REJECTED. I don't go back to my vomit, not unless there's a good reason.

I am an overthinker, i don't like to be rushed especially when it comes to issues like marriage, so 2 days into the friendship and you're already announcing marriage up and down.. that's a NO NO for me.

Before you start mentioning age, please note that I am not scared of being single and happy, I'll take my time until I genuinely fall in love and I'm ready to spend forever with my prince charming wink

By their comments you easily know kids. In developmental psychology, you can tell the age range/stages of people. You are brave but still naive....
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by winterfell007(m): 1:04am On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:
Not every man is a right fit. Some of us are very picky. Personally, I take time to warm up to new people or to decide whether I like someone romantically or not, so if someone comes on too strong from the very beginning, that may scare me off. Thus, turning them down. Slow & steady usually wins the race for me because I'm a thinker. I rationalize everything, include my feelings. Usually I have to "think" myself into liking someone, which doesn't happen overnight. In summary, being too much, too early will lead to a rejection.

Who dey ask this omo South question?? sad sad
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 19, 2020
Austineva:
honestly, dear. I want u to be my friend too cos am beginning to like u guys
.. holy lord

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 19, 2020
A305:
who this gorgeous lady here ;100% intelligence black child.

Quite a bummer I still can't figure out a way to do a DM here on Nairaland, I sure would love to hold a conversation with you so I see how deep you are. (wongrass99@gmail.com), Please use the email so you don't get to expose your phone number to the world or you might as well leave me your email so I don't expose my phone number to the world.
. what sorta deep is that ??

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by DSHADOWWALKER: 1:12am On Feb 19, 2020
healthserve:

Doctor Mrs. Your comment clearly depicts you haven't rejected a suitor. Turning down a love interest and rejecting a suitor is two different things. Sorry your tale are just girly wishes dearie kiss Turning ddown suitors despite being of marriageable age is a worrisome thing that shouldn't be downplayed alleast without cogent reasons. I've seen 32/35 turn down what looked like good men. This is a personal experience. Each time I see the woman I feel like asking what's your problem. The face is gone, the teeth is turning yellow. Yet turning down interested parties. It doesn't make rational sense

How are you today. What chup? wink

So they should accept people they don't like or have have feelings for because they are getting old?? And did they complain to you?? You sound dumb,no insults meant,sir

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by ojaydedon(m): 1:20am On Feb 19, 2020
tunapawizzy:

Good marriage and good family is a great source of happiness for most of us, this is valid.....but not everyone will get married(or stay married), that's the bitter truth. All i'm saying is in the absence of marriage, people can still be genuinely happy.

hope they will be celibate while at it? if not then it's self deceit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:40am On Feb 19, 2020
I don't want to enter this thread cause I know some people will cross-check what I'll say here judging by how I respond to similar threads concerning the opposite gender. But sleep never spoil eye. cheesy wink

Rejecting suitors for me isn't much of a luxury. I've only rejected one guy due to lack of attraction. (He had money but he just wasn't my specs. Such is life). Like I said, Rejection isn't common since the suitors are not flowing. I believe this may be my fault for not being a 'social butterfly'

"If you dey house 247, how husband go come see you?". Yeah.

To answer the question, attraction does it for me. If I'm attracted, the man is one step closer. I don't care about your wealth, but I care that you have something tangible doing, something that will hold belly no matter how Nigeria be.

After attraction comes personality: Humour, intellectual, smart dressing, dignity (self worth) and most importantly, dictum and decorum. (I detest pidgin in everyday speaking. Joke with it, yes, but switch back to proper language after. Bonus: native language puts me at ease) If he exhibits discipline especially in the sexual aspect, he's good to go.

Even me know say if I reject this guy, I don cast cheesy grin

Ps: the above information is for future hubby only. You should not apply if you do not meet the requirements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by smiliyB(f): 1:56am On Feb 19, 2020
Wolgrace:
Hehehe... Since the punk guy was your only point of story on suitors, you conclusively saying you only had a serious suitor at age 16. Others are snipers, lolz

Hahahaha I didn't say so, before their mama will come and kee me that I'm calling their son sniper. No, I guess I wasn't ready or kinda scared of marriage sha lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by captain247: 1:59am On Feb 19, 2020
It is better to reject a suitor to save both from future problems resulting to hatred, poisoning, maltreatment and all sorts in the marriage ending in court and police station than accepting the man you don't have any likeness and love for. Many ladies accept suitors available due to societal pressure and after they start complaining and cheating on the man. Also, women fall in love to wrong persons deceiving them with marriage talks and at the end they really aren't ready or have another partner.
Not everyone that come in the name of marriage actually meant their word even after doing family introduction.
Women also reject suitors that doesn't fall within certain range of scale as per what they want or see in a man they will spend the rest of their life with.
You'll see a lady struggling hard to provide for her siblings and family then a suitor that can't carry such responsibility will come for marriage how do you expect the girl's family to manage life after she's gone?
A man will say he wants to marry a lady who is older than him and earns far higher than him and expects everything to work smoothly in such marriage? The normal lady will not accept such a suitor .
Ladies also reject suitor due to tribal and religious beliefs
There are many more reasons that can't be mentioned here.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by InvertedHammer: 2:05am On Feb 19, 2020
AfroKnight:

You’re South African. Your reality is quite different. It’s obvious.
/
Really?
South Africans will give 6 friends in a row and still be considering which of them to love. Do you call that love?

/
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by etrange: 2:22am On Feb 19, 2020
AfroKnight:
Rejecting?

Lol.

Question should be are they getting any suitors at all.

Traditional ladies are increasingly in demand. These man-haters hiding under the umbrella of feminism don’t have suitors.

What is "traditional ladies"?
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by nick50(m): 2:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Treasuredvessel:
I keep seeing men saying women can never be happy without marriage, why does it seem you guys want to determine whether a woman is happy or not by forcing your beliefs on her.The same women whom if asked would prefer not to even be married.I'd like to ask since you guys believe women can't be happy without marriage, so men have the ability to be happy without marriage but not women,mtcheww.I'm close to 30 ,see relationships as stress which is why I've only had one in my life.I don't have time for all the pretence I'd like to try marriage but if peradventure I do not end up with the person am dating,getting into another relationship might be out of the way because men,I don't have energy for all the drama.I'm often baffled when I see people get all excited about getting married and relationships because I understand fully its not a walk in the park.I repeat if not for societal pressure many women wouldn't get married.
..reality will soon dawn on you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

8 Perfect Ways To Boost A Boring Relationship. / I Am Facing Blockages After Meeting My Girlfriend / Sex Worker Drugs, Robs Bizman While Victim Blames Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.