Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water (131807 Views)

Man Arrested In Delta For Stabbing 19-Year-Old Girlfriend To Death (Photos) / Austria Based Man Helps Food Seller Accused Of Using Mortuary Water To Cook.PICS / Food Seller Accused Of Using Mortuary Water To Cook At Oko Polytechnic (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by edizremmedy(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
I don't know why some Nigerian citizens can be so wicked by taking laws into their bloody hands.
Why do you have to burn somebody just because she committed a crime. Why then do we have law enforcement agency? This barbaric act is too common in this country, most especially in the south south.
Government should look into this and bring those involved into immediate Justice!
I say and I repeat it, no to jungle justice!
Stop taking laws into your hands!
For God sake, it is too barbaric and inhumane in nature.
However this does not mean i support what the food vendor did, just that it is inhumane to take laws into ones hands. Two wrongs doesn't make a right.
Pls let's stop jungle justice in Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Commentor: 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
Without evidence.

Just hearsay.

How do you even gain access to "mortuary water"?

Is it water standing in an open place ?

Truly, we are primitive.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by emkz: 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
But there is no proof that the mortuary attendant saw her using the water to prepare the food she sold. The report said he traced her and raised an alarm. Now that they have burnt her to death, would it remove the demonic traces in their bodies from the food they have eaten (if any)?

It is in this country people who call themselves pastors bury pigs and cows in the alters of their church buildings so that congregants can be as much as the maggots that feed on the dead carcasses of the animals. Who has killed them? What about the pastor that purportedly used the child of a congregant for rituals? Who has killed him?

Before putting her to death, shouldn't they have ascertained what she used the water for? What if she used it to take her bath so that anything she used her hands on would prosper (this is speculation as I don't understand how cooking with wastewater from the dead can make a business boom; perhaps traditionalists in the house can proffer explanations). Now, we don't know who else is involved in these. Nigerians need to learn to be patient, the case of ALUU 4 rings a bell. What if the woman is innocent of what they killed her for? What if she never used the water to prepare the food?

For the umpteenth time, let our lawmakers make laws that criminalise capital punishment by citizens. We are a nation of laws, not a barbaric set of people, please.

1 Like

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by hope4nigeria(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
That's so barbaric. They went extreme by burning her.
are you for real? Is she your mum?
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by cezarman(m): 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
The first step is to arrest the mortuary worker.

1 Like

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
karashita:

Hmmm.Na wah o.
those who sell already cooked food do a lot things to compete among themselves..... especially uneducated vendors.

if you have lived in any neighborhood where there is a native doctor, you will understand my point
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Omoapena(m): 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
Ogilinsaka:
I hope and pray this woman wasn't a victim of envy and jealousy from competitors cos it happens all the time...

This is pathetic

Of all the comments above you,
You are the only reasonable person that made a valid point...

2 Likes

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by tenderfigure: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
Michellekabod2:
Ever wondered why I have never condemned buhari or any leader for the calamity of the nation? Because Nigerians deserve nothing good,we are bad. Let him pick up a horse whip and cane us. Let a tyrant worse off Idi Amin come deal with us,that is what we deserve

Oga, na you and your family deserve this one, no be me. Oloshi. Talk weh no get head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Lugianostar(m): 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iya Basira remix
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by don4real18(m): 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
What if she was wrongly accused? Was any proof given?
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by osusuallstars: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
If the story is true , then ughelli people are fools .
They should have let the authorities handle it . interrogate her and let her confess.
Then everyone will avoid her .
What if it was a script planned by a competitor
Herdsmen have challenge d you people to dare come into your bush and none of you dared
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by OffAir(m): 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
Burnt on the allegations of ONE man,no hard evidence.#EndSARS
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Reference(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2020
Where are the fans of jungle justice. Come and justify this tragedy. Come and show me why all those responsible for this lynching should not be arrested and charged with homicide.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Commentor: 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2020
In this day and age, the accuser couldn't obtain video evidence to buttress his point abi?
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
Angelfrost:

"They will not burn her if she did not admit her crime"!!!

Your naivety is deeply and sadly amusing!!!... Go read up the "Aluu 4 incident".

The average uneducated Nigerian needs only a farfetched accusation from 2 or more persons to give full rein to the bloodlust and homicidal urge lying latent within him...

Innocent people have died, still die, and will die almost weekly in this country from mob actions...

There ought to be a law against lynching or jungle justice of any kind... Sadly, that has never crossed the minds of the greedy morons you all elect into the legislative houses.
there won't be jungle justice if the judiciary is playing it role.
to an average Nigerian once you have money, you can always go free from any crime. they prefer to kill you. at least money will not bring you back
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by lrdval: 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
Michellekabod2:
Ever wondered why I have never condemned buhari or any leader for the calamity of the nation? Because Nigerians deserve nothing good,we are bad. Let him pick up a horse whip and cane us. Let a tyrant worse off Idi Amin come deal with us,that is what we deserve
that is what you deserve not us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by SenecaTheYonger: 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
It's not possible because mortuary water is contaminated and a lot of people will fall sick despite how much the water is boiled.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Sense is running away from you. Rada rada. Yeye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Raylight2(m): 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
I don't eat outside. deal with that if you do.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by studentofTruth: 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
The number of stupid comments here makes me wonder what lies inside the skull of an average Nigeria.

It takes a high level of stupidity to believe that water from corpse will make food have a delicious aroma. How on Earth does formalin have better aroma than the seasoning in the market?

Who verified the accusation?

The woman was obviously a victim of false accusation. Everyone involved in this jungle justice deserves death penalty by hanging!

1 Like

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by greall12(m): 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
Ogun go kill those people burnt the innocent woman.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by holyokoto(m): 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
I smell false accusations resulting from Jealousy

1 Like

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by nextstep(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
RIP to the poor lady.

That's how my and my biz partner were said to be kidnappers. One guy was going around our estate bad mouthing people he was jealous of. As people in construction, we keep materials like rope (for tying and pulling materials upstairs, and checking that something is plumb), and cutlass (for clearing bush and cutting other things). That's how the rumor grew that we were kidnappers; we mostly keep to ourselves - though we joke a bit with people - are out by 6 or 7am, and don't come back till after dark.

One evening we came home to see our property packed outside... na so argument take start. If not for the grace of God, I for chop am that day - no evidence, no real analysis - just rumors. There's trowel, saw, hammer, pickaxe, wire, gloves, measuring tape, ruler, pliers... dem dey take ruler or trowel kidnap person I tire for some Nigerians sha.

It was later I realized why our landlady had been praying so hard and loud around 4am everyday. I'm just grateful they finally saw through the guy, and now we are cool with everyone. I shudder to think how many people have been falsely accused and never had a chance to protest their innocence.

Please always say no to jungle justice; if you see it happening, please stop it and be the voice of reason. Even though police will collect their share from innocent people, it is still better than letting somebody be burned to ashes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by wizod(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
That's so barbaric. They went extreme by burning her.
what should they have done?
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Comedian2019: 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
And when it comes to herdsmen they won't see anyone to burn
They will start begging them in their own farm, on their own land.

1 Like

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by golddare: 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.pulse.com.gh/filla/popular-food-vendor-mama-aroma-burnt-into-ashes-for-using-water-from-the-mortuary/z9zglct

Small time we will be calling on God to have mercy on us but we carry out jungle justice nearly everyday.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Switruth: 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2020
Envy and competition killed her. Mortuary water and no one has been filled with E. coli. Which mortuary is that. The mortuary attendants should also be burnt if that’s true. You guys killed her for nothing.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Akpacha(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2020
jchioma:

What This is serious! A whole human being burnt just like that?
she more wicked than those, that burnt her!
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Henriksen(m): 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
False accusation....thats bad, very pathetic
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Spectrum22: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
I hope they verified the allegation before giving her the instant justice.
Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by studentofTruth: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
Akpacha:
she more wicked than those, that burnt her!

Where's your evidence? How you people believe any nonsense you hear baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Food Vendor 'Mama Aroma' Burnt To Death In Delta For Cooking With Mortuary Water by Henriksen(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
She was killed at of envy...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Bayo Ajia Killed By Cultist In Ilorin (Graphic Photos) / Meet Daughter Of Ike Ekweremadu, Sonia Who Needed Kidney Transplant (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Plateau (More Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.