Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? (24352 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Jman06(m): 9:10am On Mar 22, 2020
emmahoney:
This is the right time for the Clergymen to start exercising their healing power preaching and not to start depending on science for solution.

They should just heal the infected people in Nigeria and later go to Italy to do the same. The world would be glad to see the potency of the so called healing power. This is a real life scenario that is capable of making the world to belief in this acclaimed divine healing power.
Don't mind them! The likes of Mbaka, Enenche, Joshua, Adeboye etc, oya o! Time to prove to us that your "healing powers" are not audio!

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 22, 2020
DropsMic:

spirituality and church going is different...

Everybody knows that
And I believe you are not telling us to stop going to church?

The God who found the church is never stupid
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You're wrong, quit sounding like a dullard. God gave all the free will to do what we want,
that's why some evil people chose to kill, just like scientists that chose to create deadly viruses so that they can make money from the antidote . Scientists are greedy bastards who have chosen to use their knowledge to create deadly diseases through viral viruses just to make money. The world today is ruined because of science, science is the root of all world problems

I know you're Christian and blinded by doctrine so there's nothing here for you to see. But I think it is important for you to change your name from mizwisdom because you're not wise at all, a dullard is more useful than you will ever be.

How can we have "freewill" when God made a perfect plan? this is a silly Christian excuse to absolve God of any blame when things go wrong.
There's even a song for this.... "when Jesus says no, nobody can say yes".

This means for all that we do with our "freewill", no matter how wrong, including things like killing innocent small children and bombing families inside churches in northern Nigeria, they simply happen because Jesus has said "yes".

if you truly believe in "freewill", why is it that when someone does evil, the person is blamed and arrested and even killed. but when we do good, such as a doctor performing successful operations, or a philanthropist or good Samaritan does good, we hardly praise these people. we always thank God for a successful flight, or successful operation, or successful this and that, and not thanking the pilots, doctors and other humans who supposedly acted with their "freewill"?

do you know that while we're blaming scientists for this virus, because of freewill, we're already thanking God for the cure and survival rate instead of thinking about all the humans who worked round the clock with their "freewill" to make this happen?

FREEWILL is a bullshit and selfish concept invented to prevent God from judgement, and blame mere humans for all of God's mistakes and insufficiency.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 22, 2020
77up:
The way people of your type will spread this virus with your blind fate and over religious nature no be here . Well , we are in for it together, pls go to church,come back and go to lekki and elegusi beach don't forget to tour all the malls on your way ,crown it together with public busses ok, you fit even branch some functions sef , we go de alright laslas.

Fear Fear

People like you die quickly
Because you are scared of what is not after you
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Ladycewhy(f): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2020
The churches in my area seem not to have gotten the memo. The one at my backyard is currently holding a service as i am typing ,smh
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by StPete: 9:16am On Mar 22, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
[s]Yes I am going to church.
Church is not closed, it's the building that is closed. I am the Church and I remain opened![/s]

Over sabi
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by emmahoney(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Science created the virus
False madam, science makes enquiries and is continually working assiduously in solving many problems ravaging mankind. However, if science does the creation of microbial diseases, is healing power not supposed to solve the problem?

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2020
emmahoney:
False madam, science makes enquiries and is continually working assiduously in solving many problems ravaging mankind.

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by niyioladepo756(m): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2020
Pray and ready the bible in your house and sleep, after that you have observe the Sunday worship, god will answer your prayer.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 22, 2020
AmazingELixir:

undecided undecided

These are the kind of people that cause problems everywhere, why not go to the quarantine centre and test your faith since the virus is too small for you... you think God has time for ignorant people.

Then the whole of your generation is ignorant.

If u like hide inside the pit, corona go still catch you
Mumu, church and market which place get crowd pass, see them. Stupid people everywhere
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
The churches in my area seem not to have gotten the memo. The one at my backyard is currently holding a service as i am typing ,smh

I can count about 4 echoing around me. That's not my problem.
I'm going to be welcoming friends and family with my face mask because to die for another person's stupidity is not how I imagined it.

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by semyman: 9:23am On Mar 22, 2020
Even for online, some will still collect tithes and offerings.
The only reason churches are springing up like akara joints
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
What is the importance of "an almighty unchangeable changer" God, if he cannot solve simple real life matters?

All the major religions in the world have all lost their voices. They're isolating and hiding, begging science for the medicine, instead of trusting in their prayers?

"If prayers worked, Ambulances will be driving to Churches instead of Hospitals".

I no go lie that cartoon is so funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by freethinker01: 9:24am On Mar 22, 2020
Roon9:

To die is gain in Christianity bro!
Joke is on you
Why not kill yourself when you know you'll eventually die?
Death is inevitable for everyone so don't make it a Christian thingy.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Comedian2019: 9:24am On Mar 22, 2020
Sultty:

So it's Muslims that now force their believe on others abi, keep fooling urself Christians shouldn't be short-changed all in the name of imposing religion
I still maintain my stance that Christianity is not a by-force religion. The problem is with nairaland owner who allows his platform to be used for religious bigotry.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by freethinker01: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2020
[s]
Isaacmacdon:

Petty. I would've said one or two things, but I can assure you that this "unchangeable changer" God will answer this question in due time.

The most amazing part? He's so merciful. You're like a lost sheep who doesn't know its left or right. And that's fine! That's why he'll first of all allow grace take its cause in your life first.

PS: JUST SO YOU KNOW, HE'S A CONSUMING FIRE. You're no match for him. You're like a puff of breath. You're sand, ash n water. It takes 2weeks before a human of transforms into this after death.

Your choice! Your way!
[/s]
Hogwash, crap as usual
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by kense88: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
What is the importance of "an almighty unchangeable changer" God, if he cannot solve simple real life matters?

All the major religions in the world have all lost their voices. They're isolating and hiding, begging science for the medicine, instead of trusting in their prayers?

"If prayers worked, Ambulances will be driving to Churches instead of Hospitals".
Religion is the biggest scam in history of mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by DenreleDave(m): 9:28am On Mar 22, 2020
SEGLIZ:
Repping RCCG in the House. Repping the entire body (family) of Christ. Serving loading on my house.
Oya, wonderful one.. May God accept our prayers

1 Like

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by freethinker01: 9:29am On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Science created these problems then runs to God to solve them? if science humbles itself and seek God's face, he's a merciful God and will listen but science first needs to turn to God and seek His face.
Your moniker is a joke on you

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by SocialJustice: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2020
No, I'm not.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by derbykol(f): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2020
YES right here in Abia state.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by lilyheaven: 9:32am On Mar 22, 2020
Lol! I'm in church
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by DenreleDave(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Thank u

1 Like

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by ayokunl: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Why? I don't have corona.
Yet.
It's evidence u don't have God. Having God and having Corona is far better than not having God and not having Corona. I don't wish u Corona, but I wish u know and have God. You need to know that Corona is God's message to the world to turn unto God who alone can save and deliver her
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Bucknor79(m): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

..... re u for real..??... dis generation has lost it....
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Dantedasz(m): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I can count about 4 echoing around me. That's not my problem.
I'm going to be welcoming friends and family with my face mask because to die for another person's stupidity is not how I imagined it.

Strangely the one at the back of my house is silent as a graveyard. I think the pastorprenuer got the memo that corona virus kills. undecided
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by 77up(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2020
stevmatt15:

Fear Fear

People like you die quickly
Because you are scared of what is not after you
Weda na me go die or na you, go church and branch functions on your way coming and then go home with open arms hug your wife and kids if you even have one .

Idiot is taking safety precautions as fear fear , I shake head for you fool. Go out of nairaland, watch international tvs or read outta here and know what is going on in Italy and other countries .

The people like you made it so, always adamant to adhere to simple instructions. This virus is not as deadly as we think but with nonchalant people like you made it so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Deicide: 9:38am On Mar 22, 2020
ayokunl:

It's evidence u don't have God. Having God and having Corona is far better than not having God and not having Corona. I don't wish u Corona, but I wish u know and have God. You need to know that Corona is God's message to the world to turn unto God who alone can save and deliver her
Which school did you attend? Or are you still in primary school am curious, cause I can't imagine an adult removing this shi5 from his mouth.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Deicide: 9:43am On Mar 22, 2020
Times like this all world religion would go into hiding, cause they can't actually do shit! I am not religious because religion must be tested the same way I test people before I can trust them because I am an adult and I understand that.

Where are all this miracles this pastors claim to perform? Healing the sick, waking up the dead etc last last we now know that religion is scam! And if a God exist he doesn't operate that way, I just wish more people eyes would open and see things for the way they are....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by HARYOMIDE1994: 9:44am On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:
we didn't see this type of thread on Friday.

are Christians the only one gathering for religious purposes in this country?

God bless you for this. I am not supporting Christians to go to Church today but whoever must come to equity must come with clean hands. Our Dear President attended Jumaat on Friday and heaven didn't come down. We are claiming that this thing spreads amidst gatherings but nobody hiccuped on it on Friday, it is now Sunday that we are opening our mouths to talk.

Chaiii, let us forget nepotism, sentimentalism, religious bigotry, and engage the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by PHijo(m): 9:46am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I can't speak for other Faiths. In Christianity God gave dominion over the earth. God expects us to spread his dominion through our actions.

Sickness and physical death was brought to this world through sin.

Only understanding who you are through Christ can return you as a human to God's original plan and purpose for mankind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / Father Solomon Ukeyima Builds A House For A Widow In Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.